Author Topic: Aspiring Story Mode  (Read 1160 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Aspiring Story Mode
« on: May 27, 2024, 07:52:53 AM »
Aspiring Story Mode

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Begin by making a Sim in CAS, no story mode-
Actually, wait. Let's try story mode.

Challenge Rules
  • Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Create as many Sims as you'd like in story mode. Do not skip/refresh any questions while creating your Sim. Once the prompts have finished, you may continue customizing your Sim however you'd like.
  • If any Sims have the same aspiration, you may re-make them for a different aspiration.
  • No changing aspirations during gameplay; what you roll is what you're stuck with.
  • Your goal is to complete your story mode Sim's aspiration. Once they've finished their aspiration, you may move them out and add another story-mode Sim to your household.
  • You may abandon an aspiration by moving a Sim out before completing their aspiration, meaning you cannot earn points with that aspiration again.
  • You may freely add to the household at any time, but only Sims made in CAS story mode can have their aspiration milestones and completed aspirations counted towards your score.
  • This challenge ends on Week 3, Day 1, at 8 am.

Scoring
  • Completing a unique aspiration is worth 2000 points.
  • If an aspiration is not completed, each milestone in the aspiration is worth 200 points.
  • Having another Sim complete an aspiration previously completed by a previous Sim is worth 1000 points.
  • If a duplicate aspiration is not completed, each milestone in the aspiration is worth 100 points.
Example: I have 3 Sims fully complete unique aspirations(2000 each), 1 Sim repeat a previously completed aspiration(1000), and another Sim finishes three milestones of their aspiration(200 for each milestone, for a total of 600).
6000 + 1000 + 600 for a total score of 7,600.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Aspirations Completed     Aspiration Milestones completed     Total
Rebelangel79000230081300
LenaLJ52000360055600
Elinoee36000480040800
Eighty8Keys2900080029800
sone25000330028300
mismck23000380026800
kinseyam22000400026000
junegem14000220016200
SueDenim12000260014600
Nandarelle9000300012000
Metropolis Man10000120011200
Deklitch600018007800

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Aspiring Story Mode <Challenge Starts Soon>
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 03:22:21 PM »
Oh, this sounds really fun!
My first Story Mode sim will probably get Friends of the Animals, though, LOL!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 04:48:47 PM »
My first Story Mod sim will probably get Friends of the Animals, though, LOL!

*falls out of his chair*

You're diving in? That is awesome.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 08:06:35 PM »
My first Story Mode sim will probably get Friends of the Animals, though, LOL!

*falls out of his chair*

You're diving in? That is awesome.

Haha, what appeals to me about this particular challenge is that I can't practice for it. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 10:29:21 PM »
Haha, what appeals to me about this particular challenge is that I can't practice for it. ;)

That makes it appealing to me as well :) and in the case of the 'setting fires while cooking' challenge, let's just say I don't need practice in cooking fires in Sims 4.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2024, 10:32:35 PM »

That makes it appealing to me as well :) and in the case of the 'setting fires while cooking' challenge, let's just say I don't need practice in cooking fires in Sims 4.

@Deklitch  LOL! When I read the description of the Unlucky Chef Challenge, you immediately crossed my mind. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: Aspiring Story Mode <Challenge is Live -- Jump in!>
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2024, 01:40:06 AM »
I want to double check - the only restriction on changing things from what we 'roll' from story mode is the aspiration.

We can change careers, traits etc in game if we want to?

Thank you

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2024, 08:39:52 AM »
I want to double check - the only restriction on changing things from what we 'roll' from story mode is the aspiration.

We can change careers, traits etc in game if we want to?

Thank you
Yes; everything else is fair game.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 10:56:31 PM »
When you talk about 'milestones in the aspiration' are they (in Leader of the Pack Aspiration) Get Accepted, Private Gathering, Spread the Word, Leader of the Pack, or are they Start or Join a Club, buy a club perk, Be in a club gathering for 12 hours, etc.

Thank you,

Dek

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2024, 07:24:05 AM »
When you talk about 'milestones in the aspiration' are they (in Leader of the Pack Aspiration) Get Accepted, Private Gathering, Spread the Word, Leader of the Pack, or are they Start or Join a Club, buy a club perk, Be in a club gathering for 12 hours, etc.

Thank you,

Dek

I am not in-game now to check, but if memory serves me, Get Accepted, Private Gathering, and Spread the Word are the numbered milestones -- the main subsections of a given Aspiration. Under each numbered milestone you have your tasks to finish those milestones.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2024, 07:36:54 AM »
Thank you, Metro

Offline kinseyam

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 04:42:30 PM »
Very fun! I feel like I had many ideas on how to do this better, but it took awhile just to play through! I finished with 11 unique aspirations complete, and 20 aspiration milestones, for a total of 26,000 points. Thanks for another fun challenge!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2024, 05:16:47 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your scores soon. Good luck finishing up! :)

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2024, 06:34:36 AM »
Really fun to do and reminded of how set in my ways I get and how few things I persevere with when the going gets tough. Gameplay and real life. Note to self must do better. :)

These are my scores, hope the maths is correct. I completed 7 complete Aspirations , so 7 x 2000 = 14000 and then 11 milestones , so 11 x 200 = 2200, therefore totalling 16,200.[/b]

Thanks again to the team for challenging us and putting in the time and effort to set them up. Good luck everyone and enjoy your weekend,

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2024, 12:16:00 AM »
Two things
1) If I can't get to the end of the two weeks in game, do I still post a score to that point, or is it DNF.

2) What if one of my scoring folk dies and prior to death they had completed one/more of their milestones? Do I count those milestones? :'( (One of mine narrowly avoided death)

anything