Author Topic: Ea Account  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Ea Account
« on: May 25, 2024, 06:09:41 PM »
Happy Memorial Day, everybody

I didn't exactly know where to ask this question so i placed it here in technical. so, I share an Ea account with my son and he has all the packs and stuff packs except roaring heights. but i feel i am ready to have my Own account separate from him. so i bought a few. i have the base game, showtime, ambitions and generations as these are the ones i use most when i am playing. my question to you guys is: how do i create a brand new accountas if i never played sims 3 at all on my desktop and install these games as if for the first time if this is possible. do i need to come up with a brand new id and password for ea and the store?  any advise is very appreciated and thank you all!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Ea Account
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 07:00:13 PM »
Somehow I ended up with two EA accounts. I needed a different email address and user name. I use 2FA on the accounts, and at least that goes to the same authentication app on my phone.

I believe I have been able to have the same password for both.

My biggest problem, because the user names are so similar, is to make sure I choose the correct account.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 07:12:56 PM »
Hopefully, I'm understanding your question correctly.  It sounds as though you've got things started by having your own EA Account and game and add-ons purchased on the account!! :)

You'll want to delete the old game and use a registry cleaner such as Ccleaner or Revo Uninstaller to cleanup the files left behind from uninstalling the game. Restart the computer, and then reinstall the game from your own EA Account.

You will also be using your EA Account to purchase and download store content from the Sims 3 Store (https://www.thesims3.com/home.html)

After deleting the old game from your computer, you'll want to login to your own EA account via the EA App and download the game and add-ons.

Once installed, you should be ready to play.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 10:42:41 PM »
hi mrs. flynn,

not exactly. i first started out playing sims 3 by sharing my son's account. he had called the origin folks and they told him this was okay. that was years ago. but now, i have decided that i would like to have my own account and not  have to share items with my son, sims 3 store stuff, expansion packs stuff packs etc. sometimes when we are both playing one of us gets kicked off. so i was wondering why don't i have my OWN account that way we can both play and not get kicked off. i purchased some packs from amazon and want to start my own account but not really sure how to do it

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 11:29:22 PM »
Ah okay. Thank you for the clarifcation.

If you do not have an EA Account already, you'll need to create one with a username and password.

You can then redeem your Sims 3 game, expansion and stuff pack codes from Amazon in the EA App or possibly the EA Website (https://www.ea.com/).

You can login with your EA Account to learn more about that.

How to redeem your product and promo codes
https://help.ea.com/ca/help/faq/redeem-product-and-promotional-codes/

--- Scroll down to see the instructions to redeem game codes via PC.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 02:06:22 PM »
I already have an ea account and password, a separate one from my son, but i wanted to create a whole new account with a new email account with newly bought base game and expansion packs apart from my son's. can this be done?

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 03:36:09 PM »
i thought i ought to add more to my last post. even though i share an ea account with my son, i have my own email, password but we share store bought items. so if we are playing sims 3 at the same time, one of us gets kicked off. now he as also added my granddaughter on my account that's why i thought i should buy all the sims 3 expansion packs and start over using a brand new account of my own but i am not sure this is possible. it's hard to speak to anybody over at EA, it's not like the tech folks at origin who used to answer questions so i thought i should reach out to this forum because you guys are awesome so i hope i am explaining mtself enough that you guys can advise me on what to do and thanks a lot!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 04:23:40 PM »
Yes you can create a new EA Account, redeem the game codes from Amazon in the EA App or possibly the EA website, like I mentioned previously.

I don't think there is a limit on how many EA Accounts you can have.

Any shared expansions, stuff packs and store content will not transfer over. As it's attached/owned by the shared account.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 04:56:15 PM »
ok, good to know! then i will get a new sims 3 store account too i suppose, now i just have to come up with a new email name to use and password!thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 06:34:38 PM »
You're welcome!! :)

You can use the same EA Account to purchase Sims 3 store content as it's all tied together in one account now.