Author Topic: How to get stolen belongings back?  (Read 617 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
How to get stolen belongings back?
« on: May 04, 2024, 05:28:44 PM »
OK, so this is surely a questions that have been asked before but I'm not sure what to search for. So 'm going to ask anyway: Is there a easy way to get stolen belongings  back? The family I was playing today had a visitor who stole a garden gnome. And even if it's not very valuable it would be nice to get it back. (I know that the visitor have the kleptomaniac trait but I was very surprised that she went ahead an took it as my sim were sitting close nearby). The "thief" is a NPC so I can not make her to give the gnome back. Just after the theft I looked in the menu but there did not seem to be any action available to cover the issue. And I won't go down the route to add her to the family just to get it back (as someone suggested in a Reddit thread I found).
2024-05-04_08-53-44.jpg
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: How to get stolen belongings back?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 12:57:15 AM »
Even if you were to add them, I don't know that they would actually even have it anymore?  I don't think there's any recourse.  Unless, maybe, immediately after it happened, there might be an interaction to confront them about it?  I have only seen a sim steal a few times, and it's been a long time since I've seen it happen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: How to get stolen belongings back?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 09:37:19 AM »
As told, I did check the interactions but did not find anything. I also did check the phone for options to call the police (I believe that a later pack did add police - at least it's possible to work as one. But I don't have that pack) and the computer for options but there was non. Oh well, I just wanted to ask.  :) 
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

anything