Author Topic: 2024 Pam Marsden Memorial Baby Boomer Challenge  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
Re: 2024 Pam Marsden Memorial Baby Boomer Challenge <Starts Soon>
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2024, 10:01:46 AM »
Thank you both for confirming.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2024, 04:26:49 PM »
Is the stay at home parent allowed to switch to a non-family aspiration?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2024, 05:55:13 PM »
Is the stay at home parent allowed to switch to a non-family aspiration?

If you could change it, there would be no reason to require it in CAS, so I will clarify. That's a good question.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2024, 12:02:28 AM »
Also, can the 'stay-at-home' parent leave the homelot or do they have to stay on the homelot?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2024, 06:47:20 AM »
Also, can the 'stay-at-home' parent leave the homelot or do they have to stay on the homelot?

There is no restriction on leaving the home lot.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2024, 01:43:46 PM »
Sorry about the late change, but one final edit needed to be made.

• The stay-at-home parent must choose a family aspiration (no changing aspirations later) and get the family-oriented trait, and they cannot pursue a career, although any way they can help make money is allowed.

Now reads...

• The stay-at-home parent must choose a family aspiration (no changing to a non-family aspiration later) and get the family-oriented trait, and they cannot pursue a career, although any way they can help make money is allowed.

This means the stay-at-home parent is welcome to freely switch around within the family aspirations; they just cannot move outside of those.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
Posting this here in case anyone else gets the same bug; when having my young adult select the split from household button on the phone...nothing happened. He swiped on his phone a few times, and no pop-up window happened. May I use another method to remove them from the household, such as the manage household screen?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Posting this here in case anyone else gets the same bug; when having my young adult select the split from household button on the phone...nothing happened. He swiped on his phone a few times, and no pop-up window happened. May I use another method to remove them from the household, such as the manage household screen?

Yes, absolutely. If someone else incurs that bug go ahead and use manage households.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
  • For every natural-born baby, you can adopt or make a science baby.

I want to clarify the above rule because of a PM the team just received. The player interpreted the rule to mean they were allowed to adopt and make a science baby. But then they were concerned about the word "or" in the rule and wondered if they could only do one. No. You are allowed to do both per natural birth. Obviously, you do not have to, but you have that choice.

Ignore this post.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
Good thing I hadn't started a scoring attempt yet :) I interpreted 'or' to mean the traditional sense of that word.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
I want to clarify the above rule because of a PM the team just received. The player interpreted the rule to mean they were allowed to adopt and make a science baby. But then they were concerned about the word "or" in the rule and wondered if they could only do one. No. You are allowed to do both per natural birth. Obviously, you do not have to, but you have that choice.
So to be very clear -
I bring a baby home from the hospital (or have it at home).  I can then run to the lab and get a science baby and run to the adoption agency and get another.

One pregnancy - three babies.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
So to be very clear -
I bring a baby home from the hospital (or have it at home).  I can then run to the lab and get a science baby and run to the adoption agency and get another.

One pregnancy - three babies.

That's not what I understood. Following the rules, a pregnancy with one baby means it is ok to have one science baby or adopt a baby, so a total of 2 babies and not 3.
If pregancy with twins then ok to have 2 sciences babies or to adopt 2 babies, so a total of 4 babies.

Hope I'm right!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
My apologies, everyone. But after reading the additional feedback above and the fact that another team member disagreed with my rule change yesterday, we need to immediately revert to the traditional understanding of the word "OR." @Nandarelle, this impacts you, given that it started with your PM. You are allowed to adopt OR make a science baby per natural birth. A choice needs to be made. For those of you who continued your file doing both adoptions and science babies after yesterday's change, please revert to an earlier save.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Whoa! Where does the time go? This challenge ends Sunday night. Remember, it carries twice the weight of other events. And if you run out of time, you can still post a score. Good luck finishing up.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
And if you run out of time, you can still post a score.

What do you mean "IF"? :P
I can guarantee you I'll run out of time