Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5861 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.2: Just an Old Fashioned Girl (24-Jun)
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2024, 07:42:54 PM »
I'm so glad Umber came around, even if he did need a little extra help from Watcher to do so.

Oh, poor Cassia . . . has to take care of one baby all by herself . . . 🤣.

Dorothy looks so excited and hopeful, only to be shot down by disappointed Joey 😢.

"You'd better get in there and panic." 🤣

Dorothy is trying so hard; I hope her clients start appreciating her more. Just remember, Dorothy, it's not you, it's them!

But the children are spectacular! So adorable. And another one (or two??) on the way . . . 😍

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2024, 07:49:34 PM »
Congratulations to Dorothy and Umber on their engagement! They're such a sweet couple!
How lucky that they both discovered that they're Family-Oriented.
What a surprise that all four children have Dorothy's blond heir.
(I see the parents are playing with fire, having infants while Dearg and Dixie are still toddlers.

Speaking of the babies, I am very partial to Dearg

Oh dear, the Interior Decorator career sounds really hard! I've never tried a single gig before and now I'm terrified!
After checking my spreadsheet to see when I've scheduled it, I realize I'm procrastinating. Okay, okay...but not for Gen5!

Best of luck to Dorothy and Umber with their house renovations, babies, and Dorothy's career!

By the way, I'm so curious who showed up as the client for Moonwood Mill's Grimtooth Bar!  Who was it? One of the premade werewolves?
Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to before/after screenshots of Dorothy's makeover....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2024, 04:48:24 AM »
I'm so glad Umber came around, even if he did need a little extra help from Watcher to do so.

Oh, poor Cassia . . . has to take care of one baby all by herself . . . 🤣.

Dorothy looks so excited and hopeful, only to be shot down by disappointed Joey 😢.

"You'd better get in there and panic." 🤣

Dorothy is trying so hard; I hope her clients start appreciating her more. Just remember, Dorothy, it's not you, it's them!

But the children are spectacular! So adorable. And another one (or two??) on the way . . . 😍
Thanks for the gen5 appreciation. They hardly get any pics because their Watcher is rushing round trying to get them happy. Every time I leave the lot (dates & Dorothy's gigs), I get back to at least one in the red for something, usually more.

Congratulations to Dorothy and Umber on their engagement! They're such a sweet couple!
How lucky that they both discovered that they're Family-Oriented.
What a surprise that all four children have Dorothy's blond heir.
(I see the parents are playing with fire, having infants while Dearg and Dixie are still toddlers.

Speaking of the babies, I am very partial to Dearg

Oh dear, the Interior Decorator career sounds really hard! I've never tried a single gig before and now I'm terrified!
After checking my spreadsheet to see when I've scheduled it, I realize I'm procrastinating. Okay, okay...but not for Gen5!

Best of luck to Dorothy and Umber with their house renovations, babies, and Dorothy's career!

By the way, I'm so curious who showed up as the client for Moonwood Mill's Grimtooth Bar!  Who was it? One of the premade werewolves?
Not gonna lie, I was looking forward to before/after screenshots of Dorothy's makeover....
I can't lie, Toddler Dixie (Clingy) is already miffed at her mother (where's my attention?). Silly Dearg seems OK so far. I've got them sleeping in separate rooms but it's a challenge!

Regarding the Interior Decorator career - I've yet to find a comprehensive advice website on it. So far my strategy, for what it's worth (50% failure) is:

prior to gig
Go into household management to find out where the client lives (they won't be "Not in World")
Go to that world screen and click on house - then click on the residents. That will give you their traits and likes/dislikes.
Only take residential gigs (easier to find client - see above, plus it's a known glitch that client sometimes doesn't show which happened for my bar gig)
Max needs of decorator Sim

at gig - with client
Be polite & charm client (if they like mischief, be mischievous, etc)
Ask all the ID menu socials and note down the ID panel bubbles as they appear - they do get overwritten
You only need to focus on one resident for the ID socials - they'll convey all the other household likes/dislikes including new ones that weren't found from the world screen (above)
Ask all residents their favourite colour, interests and hobbies, avoiding any dislikes even if someone else likes it.
Take as much time as you need with the client. The build/buy part takes zero time and the reveal can be close to zero too if you don't do the reveal yourself. I was rushing through this to get back home - not a good idea.

at gig - the reno
Even if it's only a room gig, you can alter other rooms (see swapping bathroom and guest room). They liked it anyway.
Doors and windows can be added, deleted, changed. Walls cannot in my experience although I've only done rooms & levels so far.
Use as much (not more) of the budget as you can, leaving a small part.
Stick to the liked colour/decor as much as possible, even if it doesn't look great to your eye.
I tried adding collectibles and paintings from Dorothy's personal inventory, keeping to the colour scheme - it was difficult to tell if they were liked or hated so I've stopped doing that.
If you sell a clients item that has other items on, those items go into your household inventory and you no longer have access to them. It's a great way to get computers but not good if you want the funds for the gig.

the reveal
Persevere with the reveal, even if the client looks disappointed - they may have had a death, etc. I think it's worth continuing with the polite/mischief/caring (whatever they like) socials in between the reveal socials.
When doing the reveal, use "Check This Out" on every item that falls within the liked colour/decor as you can until you see the check mark over their head.
follow up
Make a note of success or failure. Prioritize future gigs from a successful client. Don't touch ones from a failure!
You will get a letter from the client. The failure letters are crushing but the successes are lovely.

Dorothy has yet to get a promotion through proper channels and the wishing well seems to hate her! Argh!

At the Moonwood Mill bar, I swapped all the items on the ground level to better quality ones and focussed on wood and metal (hipster preferences in rl). I also added landscaping and items to give environment buffs. However, without any client preferences, I really was working in the dark. I probably made it too pretty and on a sunny day it doesn't look very wolfish but I don't think that was the problem.

4.2.2a.jpg

Clients not showing up is a known glitch. One website advises doing a save just before the gig and then going back to that if the client doesn't show. I don't think this would be cheating.
The same site also went back to the 8.30am save if the gig failed and then re-sent the decorator alone to it. I'm not sure if they always pass in that case but I won't be using that strategy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2024, 10:31:59 AM »
Thank you so so very, very much for sharing your tips and tricks for successful home renovation gigs!
The career sounds completely daunting and horrific. 
Haha, I will eventually do this generation but only in solidarity with your struggles.  *weeps silently

Regarding promotions, does the Negotiate Bonus help at all?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2024, 12:08:27 PM »
Thank you so so very, very much for sharing your tips and tricks for successful home renovation gigs!
The career sounds completely daunting and horrific. 
Haha, I will eventually do this generation but only in solidarity with your struggles.  *weeps silently

Regarding promotions, does the Negotiate Bonus help at all?
The Negotiate Bonus (Very Confident) only pushes it on about 5th of a level. Dorothy went solo to one gig and got up to 1/2 a level but it's from 9am to 9pm.

In an accompanied gig, she didn't have any colour/decor likes to work with but she kept repeating the socials and eventually got Red & Island decor. She went all in on both, including doors and windows and yes, they liked it!

One website suggests that social media helps in the upper levels of the career. Dorothy can only dream of that time! She's wondering if she shouldn't have stepped out of the limelight and is now crawling her way back up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2024, 01:12:02 PM »
The Negotiate Bonus (Very Confident) only pushes it on about 5th of a level. Dorothy went solo to one gig and got up to 1/2 a level but it's from 9am to 9pm.

In an accompanied gig, she didn't have any colour/decor likes to work with but she kept repeating the socials and eventually got Red & Island decor. She went all in on both, including doors and windows and yes, they liked it!

One website suggests that social media helps in the upper levels of the career. Dorothy can only dream of that time! She's wondering if she shouldn't have stepped out of the limelight and is now crawling her way back up.

I'm slowly accumulating "knowledge" about the Interior Decorator career.  All I've done so far is lead a LONG but highly informative post by yikes on Reddit.
Then, I watched Petey Plays It's guide on the career.
Oh, you mean that Fame perk that boosts career performance!
The Social Media/Public Relations career has the "Represent" feature that gives job performance boosts to other household members, but the spouse needs to stay in the Handyperson career, right?
Er, what about a YA housemate? an

I briefly considered getting a Fine Arts degree, but googling taught me that there's no degree that benefits the Interior Decorator career, though a mod exists that fixes EA's oversight.
For now, I shall cease worrying about interior decorating. I can seriously obsess over it in a later generation.
Instead, I will continue sending Dorothy encouraging vibes of moral support. You can do it, Dorothy!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.3: Our House
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2024, 01:44:47 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.3: Our House

Previously: Dorothy (& her Watcher) found the Interior Decorator career much harder than anticipated; she and Umber decided to make more babies the old-fashioned way, giving birth to twin girls Deco and Dale; the family moved to a rundown house at Creek Corner Cove; Umber and Dorothy "eloped immediately" at the Von Haunt Estate, celebrating in the Party Bush; they were out celebrating a successful residential decorating gig at the Romance Festival when they realised that Dorothy was again Eating for Two

L-to-R: Umber holding Dale, Dearg, Dorothy holding Deco, Dixie
4.2.family.jpg
Residence: Creek Corner Cove, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Dorothy: I was a bit nervous about my next decorating job, as you might imagine. One of them had the Werewolf Initiate aspiration but wasn’t actually a Werewolf. The Yassines – Aicha and Salma – lived in Oasis Springs, Cacti Casa to be precise, where the Roomies used to live. They wanted a one-room renovation. Aicha disliked White and Farmhouse Décor. Salma didn’t have any preferences at first but I kept talking about design with her. Eventually she admitted that she liked White which wasn’t much help as Aicha hated it. My key moment was getting her to say she’d like some Island Decor and that Aicha actually liked Red. I sent them away at that point – not wanted to hear any further ideas that might conflict.

4.3.1.jpg

Dorothy: I made every thing in that room red! And it was all Island Décor if at all possible, even the doors and windows. I nearly ran out of money because I was careless selling off some items – things on top of them went into myhousehold inventory and I couldn’t get them back. Would the Yassines like what I’ve done? I could only hope!

4.3.2.jpg

Dorothy: During the reveal, I showed all the items that were red or Island Décor – which was pretty much all of them. I finally plucked up the courage to ask their final verdict when I thought they were ready! Halleluia! They both loved it! Oh – what a relief!

4.3.3.jpg

Umber: I was so glad that Dorothy wasn’t out until 9pm. What can you do with an Infant like Deco who is exhausted but is a Snuggly Sleeper? I’d hired a Nanny. Nanny Analyn rarely shows up now. To be honest, I never see the other one that comes. We’re always in different rooms sorting out different children. Thank goodness my Freelance Maker gigs can be done from home.

4.3.4.jpg

Dorothy: When it was time to give birth, I went to the hospital alone. I couldn’t bear the thought of all four of our children in daycare! I proudly brought home twin boys, Denim and Disco. Yes, I know. All our children’s names begin with the same letter as mine. It’s just a quirky thing that Watcher wanted. I wanted all the rainbow colours which is why they’re unusual. Watcher says she had to go through an industrial colour catalogue online! I like the names though! It’s nice to be creative.
Anyway, Denim and Disco are the big news. The other news is that we really had outgrown our house at Creek Corner Cove. I’ve not had a lot of time to make it super wonderful but I did add over $5,000 of landscaping. It’s a vast improvement on what we started with here.

4.3.3a.jpg

Umber: This is our next project – at Dream Weavers Way. They say some arty types used to live here, but it’s all quite rundown now. There’s two broken down cars – one outside and one filling that garage you can see at the back on the left. The trailer has a self-contained bedsit which we’ll get towed to make space for our garden. Upstairs there are 3 tiny bedrooms. We didn’t realise until everyone kept disappearing, but there’s also a basement. I think we’ll eventually turn that into an activity area for the kids. There’s a lot of junk spread around the place but not as many cracks and mould stains as our last place

4.3.5.jpg

4.3.6.jpg

4.3.7.jpg

Dorothy: Deco and Dale aged up to Toddlers soon after we moved in. I can’t believe we didn’t get any photos of them. Life is so hectic round here that Denim and Disco aged up to Infants all by themselves while I was flying solo on a gig. At least I got back in time for Dearg and Dixie to blow out their candles on Thursday.

4.3.8.jpg

Umber: Dearg blew his candles out early enough that he’ll get a day at school on Friday. Dixie’s just missed the deadline but that means we can spend some time together. She wants me to read her lots of books.

4.3.9.jpg

Umber: I really have read lots of books to Dixie but, when the Infants are awake, they need attention.
Disco: Wah!

4.3.10.jpg

Dixie: Friday was fun but it’s been better today. Mum has given me and Dearg 10 Voidcritter cards each. She says we can look for more in the dumpster if we want to but she’s given us so many that we don’t. Anyway, I beat Dearg at the battlestation! Ha Ha! This is Denim. I know he’s dressed in aqua blue, not denim blue. That’s Mum’s favourite colour!
Denim: Coo

4.3.11.jpg

Week 27 (Year 2, Autumn 3/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir
– YA (17 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – YA (9 days to Adult)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Heir?
– Child (12 days to Teen)
Insider
Dixie: Heir? – Child (12 days to Teen)
Self-Assured
Deco: Heir? – Toddler (4 days to Child)
Inquisitive, Loves Water & Books, Hates Wakeup Time
Dale: Heir? – Toddler (4 days to Child)
Independent, Loves being Carried, Good Appetite
Denim: Heir? – Infant (4 days to Toddler)
Wiggly, Hates Wakeup Time, Good Appetite
Disco: Heir? – Infant (4 days to Toddler)
Cautious, Self-Soother, Free-Air Tinkler

L-to-R: Dale, Dorothy holding Disco, Dearg, Umber holding Denim, Dixie, Deco
4.3.family.jpg
Residence: Dream Weavers Way, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Denim is a shade of blue and Disco is a shade of purple. We now have a rainbow of choices for the Gen 5 heir however that choice will be determined by the Gen 5 requirements – to be revealed. Also, Umber and Dorothy are very Family-Oriented and will almost certain want another child. When Dearg and Dixie are old enough to move out, will their Watcher cave in and let them have one? Currently all the children are a wonderful blend of their parents hair, skin and eyes, none of them favouring one parent totally.

all the fam.jpg

In renovating their own residences, they are getting gallery downloads with #rundown on them. I get rid of any unearned reward items as soon as I spot them. I’ve re-installed the woodworking mod to allow lots of furniture creation. Ideally, I’d like the family to create as much of their furnishings and décor as possible but – you know – kids! Their final house will hopefully get that aim done, as well as meeting all the Mansion Baron requirements.

This week in game both rushed by and dragged! 6 toddlers/infants/babies – it was tough!

Re the Interior Decorator gigs, Dorothy got promoted twice with a few Negotiate Bonus’s but mainly through going to gigs solo. My plan for this coming week is: check the clients preferences through the world map view; send Dorothy solo if they only have unhelpful likes/dislikes; join her if the likes/dislikes look doable.
I suspect she’d get to the top quicker if I just sent her solo but that seems a shame to skip all that game play. Her next gig is for a family that appears to like Garden and Farmhouse Décor in Green but hate Industrial Décor and Purple so I’ll join her for that.

I know and like the song “Our House” by Crosby, Stills & Nash but my title refers to one from my uni days by Madness:

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired, she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep (ah)
Brother's got a date to keep, he can't hang around

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our
Our house, it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud

Our mum she's so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down and a mess is not allowed…

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.3: Our House (27-Jun)
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2024, 03:49:02 PM »
I know and like the song “Our House” by Crosby, Stills & Nash but my title refers to one from my uni days by Madness:

Gotta love 80's music. And I love that song from Madness. I was at St. Louis University from '82-'86, so all that stuff has a special place in my heart. Nice update, Granny.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2024, 04:27:49 PM »
So many kids (gasp!) yet Dorothy and Umber don't feel six children are enough!? *faints
Congrats to Dorothy on her triumphant makeover of the Yassines' bedroom!

Thanks so much for the family collage. It's great to see the whole family together!
Fascinating that Denim and Disco are the only ones with brown hair.
Looking forward to finding out which child ultimately becomes the next heir!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2024, 10:30:52 PM »
What a beautiful family! So many kids . . . I don't think I'd be up to it myself, but I'll cheer you on!

Congrats to Dorothy for her career progress! And especially to have such progress with six children!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2024, 05:15:48 AM »
Gotta love 80's music. And I love that song from Madness. I was at St. Louis University from '82-'86, so all that stuff has a special place in my heart. Nice update, Granny.
Thanks - it was a crazy week, managing all those kids, especially in a house with random rubbish in it and some areas inaccessible. No Baggy Trousers but it was definitely Madness!

So many kids (gasp!) yet Dorothy and Umber don't feel six children are enough!? *faints
Congrats to Dorothy on her triumphant makeover of the Yassines' bedroom!

Thanks so much for the family collage. It's great to see the whole family together!
Fascinating that Denim and Disco are the only ones with brown hair.
Looking forward to finding out which child ultimately becomes the next heir!
Yes - I nearly thought Disco was totally like his father but then I realised that all the children except for Dale have Dorothy's skin colouring.

What a beautiful family! So many kids . . . I don't think I'd be up to it myself, but I'll cheer you on!

Congrats to Dorothy for her career progress! And especially to have such progress with six children!
I was amazed that some have got advanced enough as Infants to try food in the high chair. I rarely get to that point. Sometimes I wonder if Infants do better when left on their own a bit more!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.4: Moving On Up
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2024, 08:51:49 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.4: Moving On Up

Previously: Dorothy and her Watcher got it together with the Interior Decorator career, getting 2 promotions, twin boys Denim and Disco were born and all the children had birthdays to give 3 pairs of Children, Toddlers & Infants; having improved their second house, the family moved to Dream Weavers Way;

L-to-R: Dale, Dorothy holding Disco, Dearg, Umber holding Denim, Dixie, Deco
4.3.family.jpg
Residence: Dream Weavers Way, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Dorothy: My first gig was a whole level for the Itos. Since they lived in one of the cheap Willow Creek bungalows, a whole level was effectively the whole house.

4.4.1.jpg

Dorothy: Watcher came with me because they liked orange and green in Farmhouse and Garden Décor. I just had to avoid purple and Industrial Décor. That was fairly straightforward. I kept totally to the brief, double-checking that none of the items fell into Industrial Décor as well as one of the others – always a risk.

4.4.2.jpg

Dorothy: They loved it – of course! I had another accidental smooch with Precious – it seems to be a thing, post reveal. The clients are just so giddy with their pleasure!

4.4.3.jpg

Dearg: Come on, Dixie!
Dixie: I’m coming. I’m coming.
Dearg: You missed Friday. You’ll have loads to catch up!
Dixie: Says the boy who’s still only a C-grader! I’ll catch you up, no worries!
Dearg: See ya later, Mr Snowman!
Dixie: I’m so glad Mum decided he could stay! She cleared out so much of the other rubbish.

4.4.4.jpg

Umber: Time for some flash cards
Deco: Bocs
Umber: Clever girl
Dale: Tree
Dorothy: Well – yes – and no…

4.4.5.jpg

Deco: More!
Dale: More!
Dorothy: It’s so lovely to have a chance to read to you two, while the boys are asleep.

4.4.6.jpg

Arielle: Hey, sis, Dixie will never learn to ride if you don’t help her.
Karly: I changed her nappy often enough. I don’t think I owe her anything.
Arielle: I enjoy helping Dearg. It’s for the good of the family, after all.
Karly: I think these kids should be in bed!

4.4.7.jpg

Wednesday
Umber: I’m so glad that Dearg and Dixie had today off school so they could be here for your birthday.
Deco: Pfft

4.4.9.jpg

Dorothy: Yes, but where are they?
Dale: Pfft

4.4.10.jpg

Dorothy: The boys aged up into toddlers on Wednesday as well. With four children and two toddlers, our house at Weavers Dream Way wasn’t quite right. I’m pleased with what we’ve done but the 3 small bedrooms just don’t work.

4.4.11.jpg

Dearg: More trash to hunt through!
Dixie: Dibs on that football!
Deco: There’s more room outside. Can we have a treehouse? Please!
Dale: I think there’s a robot toy somewhere in there!

4.4.13.jpg

Dorothy: There’s not quite as much rubbish lying around this house but there are a lot of weeds to clear. I can smell damp and there are a lot of plaster cracks. I’m going to knock down all the internal walls and clear out all the cobwebs first.
Umber: I’ll call that trailer firm back to tow this one. Hey – there’s a sales table. Do we want a sales table?
Dorothy: Only if any of this rubbish is fit to sell and I doubt that.

4.4.14.jpg

Dorothy: I’m currently alternating whether I get Watcher with me at my gigs or not. This one was another level in a San Myshuno flat. Again, level meant the whole flat. The client liked Green, Suburban Contempo and Garden Décor. He hated Pink and Black. No wonder he wanted some help. Most of his stuff was Black! He liked violins too so I squeezed enough of the budget to get a cheap one for him. I was pleased with it and so was he!

4.4.16.jpg

Umber: Come on kids. Let’s see who can get across the monkey bars three times while I cook up some asado!
Arielle: Is Dorothy flying solo again?
Umber: Yes. She should get another promotion when she gets back from this gig! Hey could you help Denim go potty?
Arielle: I think Karly’s already on that.

4.4.17.jpg

Week 28 (Year 2, Autumn 4/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir
– YA (9 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – YA (1 days to Adult)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Heir?
– Child (4 days to Teen)
Insider
Dixie: Heir? – Child (4 days to Teen)
Self-Assured
Deco: Heir? – Child (10 days to Teen)
Loves Outdoors
Dale: Heir? – Child (10 days to Teen)
Loner
Denim: Heir? – Toddler (3 days to Child)
Inquisitive, Messy Eater, Loves Sounds & Wake-up Time
Disco: Heir? – Infant (3 days to Toddler)
Fussy, Wanderer, Loves Sounds & Water

L-to-R: Dearg, Dorothy holding Disco, Dale, Umber holding Denim, Deco, Dixie
4.4.family.jpg
Residence: Plateau Place, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Just 2 more promotions and 1 more neighbourhood house makeover for Dorothy to complete her requirements. The final house will complete all the Mansion Baron requirements (Umber will do that Aspiration to check them off). We're in quite a good rhythm with Dorothy's career now. Apologies for making such a drama about it previously.

I’d forgotten to change Denim’s wardrobe before taking the family pic so he was still in yellow and purple instead of blue.

Deco loves being outside so she’s easy to please. Dale’s Loner trait doesn’t seem to inhibit her much, even when at the park making friends. Denim and Disco are identical apart from their eye colour.

genetics.jpg

Arielle and Karly are daughters of our founders Dawn and Michael who are still going strong as elders. Their daughter Jade - our gen 2 heir - gave them potions of Immortality. I'll let you know if they die but for now it looks like genuine immortality. Arielle and Karly help as part of the family club although I forgot to get the younger kids introduced to them as Infants so they were less helpful, the kids not being able to request help as Infants or Toddlers.

There is a hidden Beep the robot somewhere in the back yard of the new house. Everyone keeps going to get it and then giving up. I've tried building and deleting a room around the area they're drawn to but they keep on going. The family will be moving on soon. It will be interesting if it appears in the inventory then!

Title: Moving On Up by M People, fronted by Heather Small with her delicious voice

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.4: Moving On Up (30-Jun)
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2024, 11:34:39 AM »
Please don't apologize for your previous "drama" regarding Dorothy's Interior Decorator career.
It seems like Dorothy's hitting her stride now and making solid progress.  We're allowed to whine and moan during the trial-and-error process of learning something new.
(Erm, I'm sure I'll become absolutely hysterical with desperation.)
Great job figuring that career out, Watcher!
I'm really enjoy Dorothy's before and after shots!

What a coincidence that we both have a generation of blonds and brunettes!
The heir will obviously be chosen in view of the next gen's requirements, but my heart goes out to Disco.  <3

A great update with wonderful news on Dorothy's career front!
And the children are all so lovely!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2024, 09:05:15 AM »
Dorothy's really gotten the hang of this career! I agree about the before and after shots - I really enjoy seeing them.
As for the kids - they are all adorable and any of them would make a great heir! I don't know how you'll choose, but I think you can't go wrong, whichever way you go.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2024, 01:29:58 PM »
Please don't apologize for your previous "drama" regarding Dorothy's Interior Decorator career.
It seems like Dorothy's hitting her stride now and making solid progress.  We're allowed to whine and moan during the trial-and-error process of learning something new.
(Erm, I'm sure I'll become absolutely hysterical with desperation.)
Great job figuring that career out, Watcher!
I'm really enjoy Dorothy's before and after shots!

What a coincidence that we both have a generation of blonds and brunettes!
The heir will obviously be chosen in view of the next gen's requirements, but my heart goes out to Disco.  <3

A great update with wonderful news on Dorothy's career front!
And the children are all so lovely!
The way to advance quickly  in this career is definitely to let them fly solo - a bit like letting Teens go to High School solo. However, doing the make-overs can be fun. I like doing the reveal too - it's cute how the clients go in with hands over eyes - but that can take 2-3 hrs so I don't always have time.

Dorothy's really gotten the hang of this career! I agree about the before and after shots - I really enjoy seeing them.
As for the kids - they are all adorable and any of them would make a great heir! I don't know how you'll choose, but I think you can't go wrong, whichever way you go.
Ah - the next heir - who will it be... ::)

anything