Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.5: Everything I Do
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2024, 02:56:33 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.5: Everything I Do

Previously: Cassia officially became a World-Famous Celebrity and a Musical Genius; Little Dorothy became a Llamacorn Scout, got all 8 Child aspirations and joined the Drama Club; the family moved to the biggest lot in The Pinnacles neighbourhood of Del Sol Valley and found a good Butler

Cassia & Dorothy
3.3.family.jpg
Residence: Chateau Peak, The Pinnacles, Del Sol Valley

Cassia: So – to sum up my week – I’m fabulous; I’m such a fabulous mother that Little Dorothy is fabulous too and now we live in a fabulous house. I can see from your comments that you’d like to see the toys that Little Dorothy has in my new fabulous residence. I won’t let you, my devoted public, down. Keep subscribing to follow my new adventures – Fabulous Cassia signing out!

3.5.1.jpg

Dorothy: Mummy’s got drones following me all the time to get footage for her vlog. I try to ignore them. It’s the best way. It’s embarrassing learning new lines with them watching. When I make mistakes, people watch more. Mummy says she doesn’t need me to be word perfect.

3.5.2.jpg

Cassia: Come on, Darling! You made such a fuss about me being to busy to bless you last week. The least you can do is co-operate and look – well – blessed!
Dorothy: Yes, Mummy.
Madeline: Many blessings on you, Dorothy!
Dorothy: Thank you, Great Aunt Madeline.
Cassia: You don’t need to bless her! You’re not her mother.

3.5.3.jpg

Dorothy: A selfie with Yamachan this week. Hey – taking photos is fun! And it’s easy on my phone.

3.5.4.jpg

Dorothy: Mummy won another award this week. Isn’t she amazing! I didn’t get the best photo of her because I was sitting in front of the microphone and the hosts hand looks like it’s sticking out of her hip. Mummy says I’d better get better at photography if I want her to use my shots for publicity. I hadn’t thought of that. I just wanted a pic of Mummy.

3.5.7.jpg

Cassia: Yes, I know the agency asked Little Dorothy to create a fishing video but that was clearly a mistake. Of course, I don’t mind that she’s getting a little bit famous. It’s only natural that she gets some of my reflected glory. She’ll never be a 5 star celebrity like me, poor thing, but – hey – look at that! I fished up a barely better camera. It’s a sign that Little Dorothy will learn to take better photos of me!

3.5.10.jpg

Dorothy: Mummy got a lot of requests for a review of all the toys I have as a Celebrity Kid and she found out that I needed to do it. These are my favourites. They’re not the most expensive ones but the simple ones are best. You can dream your own dreams with them instead of following what their creator planned.

3.5.13.jpg

Cassia: It’s too bad. I really want our butler Koji back but here you are, Satoru, as Paranoid as ever! Oh – my life is a tragedy!
Pap1: What’s going on?
Pap2: She’s having one of her famous Emotion Bombs
Pap1: Shall we call Little Dorothy to help?
Pap2: Yes, surely she’ll know what to do.
Cassia: No! No! There’s no need to call her. I’m perfectly capable of pulling myself together.

3.5.14.jpg

Cassia: That’s odd! This cupcake is addressed to Little Dorothy instead of me. Hm, everyone seems to think she’s so cute. Maybe it’s time for Little Dorothy to grow up.

3.5.17.jpg

Dorothy: I’m so pleased to meet you, Great Grandad.
Michael: Your mother couldn’t find me on the guest list but I popped up as a Mixologist option. She knows your Great Granny Dawn very well though.
Dorothy: You don’t have to mix drinks. I’d like to just sit here and talk, if that’s ok?.
Michael: Well I am supposed to be working for Cassia’s birthday party.
Dorothy: Oh, well, there’s been a change of plans. Mummy took a potion of youth. But said I’d been Little Dorothy for long enough. Time to grow up. I’s my birthday party now.
Michael: Well, I’m sure you’ll be a wonderful Teen.
Dorothy: Thanks, GG

3.5.18.jpg

Cassia: Where did that hideous red drone come from?
Dorothy: Dad said I should have one of my own – it’s a birthday gift.
Cassia: Typical of your father! You really don’t need to bother with drones any more.
Dorothy: Shall I blow my candles out now, Mummy?
Cassia: Oh yes. Remember, smile and wave! No need for any speeches. Happy Birthday, Darling!
Dorothy: Pfft

3.5.19.jpg

Everyone: Gasp!
Dorothy: What am I wearing?
Cassia: It’s alright, Darling. I didn’t want you to choose something unfortunate in front of all the cameras so I got you…
Dorothy: A white sack?
Cassia: Most girls would be grateful that their mother was so thoughtful. Remember – smile and wave!
Dorothy (smiles and waves)

3.5.20.jpg

Cassia: That’s right, Darling. Use that top-end camera to capture my party outfit. This is my best side. Don’t over expose it. No, don’t take one now – I need to be ready. Oh – you’ve maxed Photography already? That is surprising!

3.5.21.jpg

Cassia: I don’t know why you insisted on so much aqua in your clothes, Darling.
Dorothy: I like aqua – and teal. I kept some purple, Mother.
Cassia: But it’s not really on brand, Darling. Not really me.
Dorothy: No, it is a bit me though, I think. And I’m not getting my hair cut, by the way.
Cassia: Really Darling? You’ll never attract the boys without a more stylish cut.
Dorothy: That never even crossed my mind, Mother. My hair, my choice!
Cassia: “Mother”? Not “Mummy”? Yes, it’s much less cute but still very U. I like it.

3.5.22.jpg

Cassia: Oh – is this one of your little daubs? It’s a bit – basic, Darling.
Dorothy: I'm sharing my learning experiences on Social Media. I’m just starting, Mother!
Cassia: Well – it’s not surprising really. Of course, if I decided to pursue my painting muse, I would excel immediately!
Dorothy: Yes, Mother.
Cassia: Don’t leave them lying around, cluttering up the place. There’s lots of room in that large bedroom of yours. Social Media? Really? Vlogs and podcasts are the future, you know.
Dorothy: I like social media. My forum contacts are very supportive.
Cassia: Well, I suppose it is a window for them into my fabulous world. Make sure you stay on brand with that.
Dorothy: Yes Mother.

3.5.23.jpg

Dorothy: Thanks for mentoring me, Auntie Daisy.
Daisy: You’re so welcome, Dorothy. It’s a pleasure to share this passion for art. Your mother always kept starting paintings but never finishing them, leaving all my easels unusable.
Dorothy: Yes, Mother still does that.
Daisy: Hey, this one’s a masterpiece! And you’re selling it? Don’t you want to keep it?
Dorothy: Mother doesn’t want them so, yeah – why not? Oh no! I’ve become a 5-star celebrity just through selling my paintings!
Daisy: Congratulations, Daisy. You deserve it.
Dorothy : No, no, no ! Don’t tell Mother. She’ll say I’ve been showing off!
Daisy: Oh dear!

3.5.26.jpg

Cassia: Well that was fun, Darling!
Dorothy: I thought we’d have time to get changed before working at the soup kitchen. I’m still in my level 4 drama clothes.
Cassia: Yes, I did cause something of a stir in my bathing suit. Geddit – “stir” at the soup kitchen? I’ve still got it, Darling.

3.5.28.jpg

Madeline: What do you mean, you think there’ll be some evidence here?
Dorothy: You heard all those military types in the bar, talking about what there wasn’t to see here.
Madeline: Yes – lots of double negatives flying around. Cassia was quite bored.
Dorothy: Mother went home but I just want to have a poke around here to see what I can find.
Madeline: No drones?
Dorothy: Mother doesn’t think I should keep on with them. She says it’s too intrusive.
Madeline: Intrusive? Right!

3.5.29.jpg

Cassia: I know I agreed to have this Meet & Greet at the lounge so you could take photos but sometimes people seem to be more interested in you than me, Darling. You really need to stop thinking so much of yourself.
Dorothy: Don’t mind me, Mother. I’m just taking photos. Erm – could you take your hat off? It’s rather…
Cassia: This is me, Darling! Just like you insist on being you! Fair’s fair. It can’t always be about you.

3.5.33.jpg

Dorothy: Here’s one of me with you, Dad!
Hayes: Aw Princess! We look great together!

3.5.32.jpg

Dorothy: Great Granny! Over here!
Dawn: I’m not sure, Dorothy – is this really me?
Dorothy: You look fabulous!
Dawn: Only because you’re clever with that camera. I never did get on with technology, much.

3.5.31.jpg

Dorothy: Well readers – did I go to my Prom? 2 people asks me to go with them as friends. I’d feel bad about not remembering their names but they only asked me because I’m famous so I don’t. I accepted the first one and voted him into Prom royalty. No way did I want that honour. Mother has me so confused – she wants me to be a credit to her but doesn’t want me to do too well. Everything I do, I do it for her or to rebel against her. I’m not even sure if I like aqua or if I’m just being contrary. Will the real Dorothy Makey please stand up!

3.5.35.jpg

Week 23 (Year 2, Summer 3/4)
Generation 3
Cassia: Heir
  – YA (27 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children +Self-Assured +Insider +Family-Oriented
Generation 4
Dorothy: Heir
– Teen (17 days to YA)
Trait: Creative, Self-Assured

3.5.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
I couldn't believe Dorothy's Teen party age-up outfit. I'm not sure I've ever noticed that shapeless shift cover-all before, especially not in white. I was so busy changing it, I forgot to note which pack or base it's from. It could look nice with leggings, maybe? A better stylist than me would be needed!

Will exploring StrangerVille help Dorothy work out who she really is? She is actually 3/4 through the World-Famous Celeb aspiration but that isn't part of her requirements.

Just in case it’s just a British thing, “U” and “non-U” are class distinctions referring to Upper class and non-Upper class. Certain sets still think it’s important…they are clearly U in their own estimation, lol!

*edited to adjust ages for Cassia & Dorothy*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.5: Everything I Do (16-Jun)
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2024, 11:08:19 AM »
Cassis has become such an obnoxious sim!
She may have gained the Family Oriented trait but she behaves toward Cassia as if she still Hates Children.
It was a wonderful moment to see Dawn again!
It will be sad for Cassia to have to grow old alone, but she is surrounded by her staff who she's quite friendly with.
I'm looking forward to Dorothy coming to her own once she moves out.
Oh, but she needs to stay at Chateau Peaks until her YA birthday! 

May Dorothy's investigations of StrangerVille prove fruitful! Er, not Bizarre-fruit-ful, but you know what I mean. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2024, 11:53:28 AM »
I don't know the base challenge for this and what more it requires from Cassia other than finishing Super Parent and those two elusive collectibles. But my hope for her is that she realizes that the most valuable thing in her life isn't her fame but rather is her daughter, that she learns to appreciate and love Dorothy for who she is, and, you know, happy ending and all that. 😀
I'm imagining Cassia showing up at her daughter's house in the future to meet her grandchildren and actually doting on them rather than expecting them to dote on her.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2024, 12:47:44 PM »
Cassis has become such an obnoxious sim!
She may have gained the Family Oriented trait but she behaves toward Cassia as if she still Hates Children.
It was a wonderful moment to see Dawn again!
It will be sad for Cassia to have to grow old alone, but she is surrounded by her staff who she's quite friendly with.
I'm looking forward to Dorothy coming to her own once she moves out.
Oh, but she needs to stay at Chateau Peaks until her YA birthday! 

May Dorothy's investigations of StrangerVille prove fruitful! Er, not Bizarre-fruit-ful, but you know what I mean. :D
I don't know the base challenge for this and what more it requires from Cassia other than finishing Super Parent and those two elusive collectibles. But my hope for her is that she realizes that the most valuable thing in her life isn't her fame but rather is her daughter, that she learns to appreciate and love Dorothy for who she is, and, you know, happy ending and all that. 😀
I'm imagining Cassia showing up at her daughter's house in the future to meet her grandchildren and actually doting on them rather than expecting them to dote on her.
I've written Self-Absorbed Cassia quite harshly, haven't I! I've quite enjoyed letting her go the whole hog. She's just drunk a Potion of Youth so she won't grow old too soon. She can't have another romantic relationship but...

If it puts your minds at rest, whilst she does get stressed if not in the limelight (I have to remind her to go a pose for the paparazzi to remedy that), Cassia's actual relationship with Dorothy is pretty good, albeit on the Strict Dynamic.

Dorothy's starting requirements necessitate a building tension. There will hopefully be a happy ending but not until after she's moved out. Until then, that mystery in StrangerVille won't solve itself. That aspiration is an extra to the source challenge so it's quite fun to use it to fill in Dorothy's Teendom.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2024, 01:04:53 PM »
I've written Self-Absorbed Cassia quite harshly, haven't I! I've quite enjoyed letting her go the whole hog. She's just drunk a Potion of Youth so she won't grow old too soon. She can't have another romantic relationship but...

I'm thinking that you really enjoy playing self-absorbed sims.
You previously played a female self-absorbed sim who lived in Sulani, though I forget now which challenge that was.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2024, 02:54:25 PM »

I'm thinking that you really enjoy playing self-absorbed sims.
You previously played a female self-absorbed sim who lived in Sulani, though I forget now which challenge that was.
What can I say? Playing Sims is cheap DIY therapy, right? 🤣

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.6: I Wanna Know What Love Is
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2024, 03:24:54 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.6: I Wanna Know What Love Is

Previously: Cassia established her wealthy Fabulous Cassia brand; Dorothy developed Photography; Cassia decided to reset her Young Adulthood but that Dorothy was ready to be less cute as a Teen; Dorothy decided, against her Mother’s wishes, to wear less purple and to grow her hair; Cassia was totally unaware that Dorothy also became a 5-star through selling her paintings but she did cause a stir in the soup kitchen; Dorothy started looking into the Strangerville mystery and realised she didn’t really know who or what she was.

Cassia & Dorothy
3.5.family.jpg

Cassia: To my many fans out there – you are the best! Thank you so much for following my vlogs and podcasts. And to Little Dorothy, who I hope is taking a half-way decent photo this time, my darling daughter, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3.6.2.jpg

Dorothy: Phew – no award for me. I was a bit worried what would happen. Mother is still blissfully unaware of my paintings’ popularity and I really hope it stays that way. Life could get very difficult otherwise.

3.6.5.jpg

Deja: Thank you for the Besties introduction. Of course we can be Good Friends immediately.
Dorothy: Word on the street is that the going rate for a keycard to the Secret Lab is $750. Can I have one?
Deja: Only if you promise you’ll never use it!
Dorothy (crosses fingers): Oh – absolutely not!

3.6.7.jpg

Dorothy: Mother! Why are you wearing my outfit to the Humour & Hijinks festival?
Cassia: The urge came over me and, no matter how often Watcher keeps changing it, I keep switching back.
Dorothy: I’m so sorry, Mother. People seem to have taken to it.
Cassia (sighing): That’s OK. I guess they think you’ve copied it from me. I can spin this…somehow! What’s the retailer’s name?

3.6.8.jpg

Analyn: I’m so glad you keep hiring me Sweetheart, even though you’re all grown up.
Dorothy: Well, I know you love Nosing around but it’s good to have you here.
Analyn: Is it true that you’re a Painter Extraordinaire now?
Dorothy: Sh! Mother doesn’t know yet.

3.6.9.jpg

Analyn: She’s bound to find out soon enough, Sweetheart.
Dorothy: Fortunately she’s too busy celebrating finding her last Plushie. I’m so glad that we don’t have to pull any more crackers.
Analyn: They were making the two of you a bit hysterical every time.
Dorothy: Except when I got that pine-flavoured sweet. Yuck!

3.6.10.jpg

Dorothy: Mother is going to kill me! When the TV cameras zoomed in on me, I just couldn't stop myself singing my best. Maybe I'm more like Mother than I thought. The drama teacher kicked me out! They’ve let me back in at a lower level but I don’t know what Mother will say when she finds out! At least drama teaches me how to pretend to be what she wants me to be.

3.6.13.jpg

Friday
Cassia: Watcher had me join the Painter career, goodness knows why!
Watcher: Inspirational bonus items!
Cassia: I wasn’t going to carry on but I thought one shift could be fun.
Watcher: You missed Dorothy’s Friday show.
Cassia: She’ll get over it. She’s not doing very well there anyway. Who’d have thought a daughter of mine would struggle so!
Hayes (on phone): My boss thinks I could go for a promotion. What do you think?
Cassia: Oh darling! I really don’t think you’re up to that responsibility, do you?
Hayes: Maybe not…

3.6.14.jpg

Dorothy: I’ve been trying to get up to Adept level in my Spellcasting but I got cursed with Unwarranted Hostility. That’s the last thing I need, getting a bad rep for fighting all the time and falling out with everyone. Mother did give me a bit of training but she said she’d been sensible enough to avoid being cursed and didn’t bother learning the decursify spell. I guess I am very careless… I’ll learn the spell and sort myself out.

3.6.19.jpg

Dorothy: I learnt Transportalate as well which gets me from place to place very quickly. I decided it was finally time to use that keycard. The floating pink spores made me feel a bit dizzy but no time to investigate further. It’s nearly time for the Prom!

3.6.20.jpg

Umber (Maker/Cringe/5-star celeb): I’m glad you asked for a sweetheart dance. Our mothers will be thrilled.
Dorothy: I wasn’t going to tell my Mother.
Umber: My Mother is all over me, all the time. “Do this…” to be famous “Do that…” It’s exhausting.
Dorothy: Yeah, my Mother is a bit like that.
Umber: I’m supposed to romance you but I’m not interested in Romance with anyone.
Dorothy: Oh!

3.6.22.jpg

Sunday
Cassia: Oh it’s too bad that I went to work today. I missed the Flea Market and my chance to get Violet! My life is a tragedy!
Dorothy: It’s alright Mother, it’s really alright.
Cassia: How can it be alright, Darling? You don’t know what it’s like.
Dorothy: It’s alright because I went to the Flea Market while you were out.
Cassia: And? And?
Dorothy: After a few comings and goings and general shenanigans, there was Violet. Here she is!
Cassia: Oh Darling! Thank you so much! Now, if only you could get that final Drama promotion! I really don’t know why it’s taking you so long.

3.6.23.jpg

Cassia: It’s 10.15pm and no awards for me yet. There’s only one award left to announce, Darling. I’m going to get the painting award! I know it’s not my real forte but – well – who else would they award it to?
Dorothy: Oh no!

3.6.27.jpg

Dorothy: Um….

3.6.28.jpg

Dorothy: Thank you everyone, for appreciating my art. You’re all very kind but I really have to thank my Mother. She has always pushed me to work hard. I wouldn’t be here or who I am without her. Mother?
Cassia: Hm?

3.6.31.jpg

Monday
Cassia: Little Dorothy has been out visiting that strange world all day and only just got back in time to go to her little drama club. So, dear subscribers, let me introduce you to Baby Carl. The older boys at the adoption centre just didn’t seem quite me. I can help Baby Carl to be Fabulous just like me!

3.6.33.jpg

Cassia: I can’t believe you still haven’t got that promotion, Darling.
Dorothy: Watcher thinks it’s a bug. I’ve come back so often with a promotion ticked but not got it, even not letting me go one day to try resetting it. She’s decided I don’t really need it anyway.
Cassia: Well I think it’s important to excel at everything – just like you and your little daubs, Darling.
Dorothy: You mean my award-winning masterpieces, Mother?
Cassia: So kind of them to encourage a struggling artist. Anyway, while you continue to work on Drama, you can help with Baby Carl. We’re in between Butlers again and Nanny Analyn can only stay so long.
Dorothy: But I…
Cassia: There’s nothing else for you to be doing, after all, Darling. Now go and get dressed for my Meet & Greet!
Dorothy: Yes Mother

3.6.33b.jpg

Cassia: Just look at Aunt Madeline showing off. It sounds OK I guess, but everyone’s here to see me.
Dorothy: Great Aunt Madeline is ace at guitar and you know it, Mother!
Cassia: Darling! No need to shout. Oh – isn’t that Carl crying? You’ve woken him up. Be a Darling and see to him!
Dorothy: No!
Cassia: What?
Dorothy: Firstly, my name is Dorothy! Not Darling, not Princess like Dad calls me, not Sweetheart like Nanny Analyn calls me and definitely not Little Dorothy like nearly everyone calls me. My name is Dorothy.
Cassia: What is the matter with you?
Dorothy: I need to move out so I can work out who I really am.
Cassia: You can’t abandon me and your baby brother. We’re BFFs after all!
Dorothy: I’m not supposed to be your BFF. I’m your daughter and I’ve blown my candles out.
Cassia: What? Without me? How could you?
Dorothy: I’m moving out. I’m going to sort out StrangerVille.

3.6.35.jpg

Dorothy: So, what do you say, Umber? Give up the spotlight and move to StrangerVille with me?
Umber: Maybe. Not as your boyfriend though. I’m not into romance, even though I’ve become Family-Oriented.
Dorothy: No, not as my boyfriend. I’m not sure I know what love is, anyway. It will be hard work.
Umber: Well, I am a Maker, after all!

3.6.36.jpg

Week 25 Monday (Year 2, Autumn 1/4)
Generation 3
Cassia: Heir
  – YA (15 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children +Self-Assured +Insider +Family-Oriented
Generation 4
Carl: Spare
– nooboo (1 day to Infant)

3.6.family.jpg

Residence: Cliff Side Crest, StrangerVille Overlook
Generation 4
Dorothy: Heir
– YA (28 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner
Umber Robinson: Friend – YA (28 days to Adult)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented

3.6a.family.jpg

Progress

Notes
And so we celebrate Self-Absorbed Cassia completing her requirements although, if you look at it one way, it was Dorothy who found her last trophy and aged up with 3+(5) positive characteristics to complete the Super Parent.
Many thanks for all the Flea Market suggestions - I tried the trading but the coming and going was what got a table full of trophies including Violet. I was so excited, I forgot to take a pic.

Umber is very attractive with violet eyes. He was a 5-star celebrity with no skills and no followers. Maybe people just couldn’t get enough of his cringe-dance moves. I’ve not played a Cringe Sim before but currently he’s not interested in Romance. He is a Maker though, which is good for the next Gen and when he aged up with Family-Oriented (using Dorothy’s cake), I decided he would do very nicely.

This update drifted into Week 25 – Monday. The next one will complete the week and announce the Gen 4 challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.6: I Wanna Know What Love Is (18-Jun)
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2024, 11:36:46 AM »
I'm so glad Cassia was able to find that last plushie and the Violet finally turned up for Dorothy to buy for her mother!

The look on Cassia's face when Dorothy finally told her "No!" was awesome!
Baby Carl was a surprise. I'm not sure if there were other reasons for his addition to the household, but it's good to know that he'll be there to keep the house in the family.

So looking forward to Dorothy's adventures in Strangerville! I'm ready to see her shine now that she will finally be out from under the overbearing glow of her mother. And I like her longer hair.  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2024, 03:55:55 PM »
Kudos to Dorothy for putting her foot down and telling Cassia what's waht!
Umber's a great choice! Even his Romantic Interests show as blank, it's not a deal-breaker unless he's also not Sexually Exploring.
Well, they could always have a science baby PLUS he has violet eyes, lol!

What a weird glitch that Cassia kept wearing Dorothy's clothes!
Yay! I'm well and ready to move on to Dorothy's journey! 

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2024, 04:56:40 PM »
I'm so glad Cassia was able to find that last plushie and the Violet finally turned up for Dorothy to buy for her mother!

The look on Cassia's face when Dorothy finally told her "No!" was awesome!
Baby Carl was a surprise. I'm not sure if there were other reasons for his addition to the household, but it's good to know that he'll be there to keep the house in the family.

So looking forward to Dorothy's adventures in Strangerville! I'm ready to see her shine now that she will finally be out from under the overbearing glow of her mother. And I like her longer hair.  :)
Getting Violet at the Flea Market meant Cassia's gen had to roll into week 25 and Dorothy wanted one last chance to max Drama on Monday evening.

After that, it was all she could do to not run from her Mother's house. Cassia was sort of trying to hold on to her by getting Baby Carl thus needing more support. Engineering needy situations is, I believe, one way narcissists control their support network. I just couldn't work out a non-clumsy way to bring that out in the narrative.

Kudos to Dorothy for putting her foot down and telling Cassia what's waht!
Umber's a great choice! Even his Romantic Interests show as blank, it's not a deal-breaker unless he's also not Sexually Exploring.
Well, they could always have a science baby PLUS he has violet eyes, lol!

What a weird glitch that Cassia kept wearing Dorothy's clothes!
Yay! I'm well and ready to move on to Dorothy's journey!
Yeah I'm thinking Science babies with Umber. Dorothy got over her crush. We'll have to see if it warms up in Strangerville  ;)

Surrounding Sims turning up in Celebrity outfits is one of the higher fame perks. I love it. That Cassia kept choosing Dorothy's outfit was hilarious.

Cassia had chosen an alternative perk - getting confetti cannons wherever she went. So, when they went places together, Cassia would be dressed in Dorothy's outfit and Dorothy would throw confetti for Cassia. It was such fun!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.1: You Say Yes, I Say No
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2024, 03:17:00 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.1: You Say Yes, I Say No

Previously: Dorothy managed to hide her celebrity from her Mother Cassia and began investigating StrangerVille; Cassia found her final cracker plushie; Dorothy got a crush on 5-star celeb Umber but he’s not interested in Romance; on Sunday, Dorothy bought Cassia’s last MySim Trophy at the Flea Market won an award for her paintings; on Monday, Cassia adopted Baby Carl was annoyed with Dorothy for not maxing drama club; Dorothy emancipated herself by aging in to a Young Adult, completing Cassia’s remaining Aspiration – Super Parent, and moved out with Umber to StrangerVille.

Umber & Dorothy
3.6a.family.jpg
Residence: Cliff Side Crest, StrangerVille Overlook

Umber: Whazzup?
Possessed #1: @~’#@~’
Possessed #2 *%*&%%$
Umber: Um…. Hello?

4.1.1.jpg

Agent: It’s OK boss, it’s one of those start-from-scratch households. Nowhere for the affected locals to leave anything – no fridge to check.
Umber: Whazzup?
Agent: No – it’s only the new resident. He keeps saying “Whazzup” but I don’t think he’s possessed…..No I didn’t think anyone said that anymore, either.

4.1.2.jpg

Umber: I’ve stepped out of the limelight but Dorothy needs a celebrity cleanse first. While she’s  gone, I’ve gone for a jog round our new neighbourhood. This place is a bit untidy and that chain link fence makes me wonder what they’re trying to keep out.

4.1.3.jpg

Umber: There’s another property with graffiti all over it and this one is being taken over by vines. Those pink spores are everywhere. I know Dorothy’s got a plan but I really hope it’s a good one. This neighbourhood has really gone downhill. Meanwhile, I’ve joined the Handyman career. It seems like a good start for a Maker like me.

4.1.5.jpg

Dorothy: We planted all the Autumnal plants that had been handed down by Granny Jade plus the two money trees for which I’d saved up points to buy. They won’t give us any income for a while so I sold off a couple of the MySim trophy swaps Mother let me have. That gave us just enough to pay for Umber to try his hand at Woodwork in the Maker Space in Evergreen Harbour.
Umber: I really love woodwork! And as a friend of Dorothy, I’ve been made very welcome.
Watcher: So, does that mean no hope for romance between the two of you?
Umber: What? Oh – I didn’t mean – never mind. I really like Dorothy. In fact I adore her. We’ve got great compatibility… Plus, as I’m Family-Oriented, I really want a child.
Watcher: Maybe you need to discuss it with her?
Umber: Not now. She’s been busy, trying out a vaccine for the weird people around here.

4.1.5a.jpg

Dorothy: I’m not going to think about how badly my decorator gig went with the Markovics. What family hates pink, green, brown and white? The only colour they liked is purple. Do you know how hard it is to decorate a room without using any brown or white?
Umber: You weren’t going to think about it remember. What is it you want the four of us to do?
Dorothy: This dancing is a great warm up for our final assault on the creature at the Secret Lab.
Karly (straight hair): And you say the possessed call it Mother?
Dorothy: That’s right! And we’re going to bring that Mother down so that we can get on with our lives!
Arielle: I can’t help feeling that there is some heavy-handed pseudo-psycho-echoes here!
Watcher: I’m sure I don’t know what you mean.

4.1.8.jpg

The next day
Dorothy: It’s difficult to believe that we cleared that Mother out of our lives and now Aunt Daisy has us round to meet her latest baby.
Umber: Coochie-coochie-coo.
Dorothy: You really like babies, don’t you!
Umber: Who doesn’t?
Dorothy: Um…

4.1.10.jpg

Dorothy: You’re getting really good at woodwork. What are you making there?
Umber: It’s a surprise! Hey, did you enjoy watching the TV premier down at the 8 Bells last night.
Dorothy: It was fun, but Umber? Was that supposed to be a date?
Umber: It could have been, if you want it to have been?
Dorothy: Oh – got to go. I’ve got a gig at Catarina Lynx’s old place. They want a kids bedroom makeover.

4.1.12.jpg

Dorothy: So, let me get this straight, between the four of you living here – you like purple & black in a Storybook style?
Cameron: That’s right!
Dorothy: I’ll see what I can do.

4.1.13.jpg

Dorothy: It’s a baby’s crib!
Umber: Nothing gets past you! How did the gig go?
Dorothy: They were really pleased. Not awkward at all. Can you believe, after I got that snotty letter from the Markovics, that they phoned to say they’d give me another chance. I really shouldn’t go back there. Anyway – no changing the subject. Why did you make a crib?
Umber: You know I want children…
Dorothy: You want a Science Baby with me?
Umber: No – I – er – yes?
Dorothy: Well, Watcher tells me I’ll need an heir so…I'll get off to the hospital. You come soon, right?
Umber: See you later, alligator!
Watcher: I thought you wanted to make babies with Dorothy the old-fashioned way!
Umber: I get all dazed around her these days. I couldn’t find the words…
Watcher: Oh, for goodness sake!
Umber: Gotta go!

4.1.17.jpg

Dorothy: Well that was quick and easy – no muss – no fuss.
Umber: No. And what a bargain – getting 2 for the price of 1.
Dorothy: You’ve got Dearg, our firstborn.
Umber: And you’ve got Dixie, our second! They are making me very happy.
Dorothy: Me too. I’ve invited my old Nanny over to meet them.
Umber: Oh – so we could go out?
Dorothy: On a date?
Umber: If you want it to be?

4.1.18.jpg

Dorothy: This is how we first met!
Umber: At our Prom. I remember. Mum wanted us to have a celebrity romance.
Dorothy: I got an awful crush on you then.
Umber: You did? But you never said anything.
Dorothy: You said you weren’t interested in romance, remember. I got over my crush as quickly as possible when you said that.
Umber: I wish you hadn’t. I feel differently now. Quite the reverse, in fact.
Dorothy: You are interested in romance?
Umber: Only with you, Dorothy. Only with you.
Dorothy: Oh!

4.1.20.jpg

Umber: What about marriage?
Dorothy: Marriage? We’ve only just become girlfriend/boyfriend. How can you talk about marriage?
Umber: Our twins have become Infants. I thought…
Dorothy: We haven’t even had a First Kiss!
Umber: That can be remedied!
Dorothy: This is not the time. You see to Dearg and I’ll see to Dixie. I can tell one has a full nappy!

4.1.22.jpg

Week 25 (Year 2, Autumn 1/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir[/b] – YA (22 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented
Umber Robinson: Boyfriend – YA (22 days to Adult)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Heir?
– Infant (4 days to Toddler)
Dixie: Heir? – Infant (4 days to Toddler)

L-to-R: Dorothy, Umber holding Dearg, Dixie
4.1.family.jpg

Progress

Notes
Dorothy’s challenge is an amalgamation of 2 online sources. The title “Beauty Out Of Broken” comes from Generation 4 of the Whimsy Stories Legacy Challenge. Elements of it have been replaced by elements from Generation 21: Dream Home Decorator of the Pack Legacy Challenge. I have transported them to StrangerVille rather than a Willow Creek neighbourhood so that aspiration is my addition.

I have placed a Gallery download on each of the StrangerVille Overlook lots other than Dorothy & Umber's starting lot. There are a number of choices if you use the hashtag #rundown. Currently they are just set-dressing.

There was quite a lot of time spent doing the StrangerVille Mystery which I’ve chosen not to document here. There are plenty of online spoilers if you want a walk-through. I have to say, doing it with a Spellcaster (transportalate/copypasto) makes the whole experience much quicker although the final show-down is still a lot of fun.

Dearg is a Gaelic name meaning red.
Dearg Infant.jpg
Dixie is a soft orange-yellow shade with a warm overall feeling that hearkens back to an over-romanticized time in the distant past.
Dixie Infant.jpg

I don’t think discussing marriage ever goes down well between Sims. It came up as a top-level option in Umber’s socials so I thought I’d see what happened. It really irritated Dorothy is what happened. Will Umber and Dorothy ever be on the same page, romance-wise?

Only 4 likes/dislikes are shown in the Interior Decorator’s panel for the client however, as you continue to discuss various options with all of them, they change so you have to note them as you go through. The other option is, prior to the gig, find them in the world map and research their likes/dislikes that way. The colour and décor style preferences of all household members are quite crucial to the job so it’s worth getting it right. The Markovics not wanting any white or brown was impossible. Dorothy didn’t get sacked but she got a horrible letter from them!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.1: You Say Yes, I Say No (20-Jun)
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2024, 06:30:06 PM »
Dearg and Dixie are adorable!  With one green-eyed infant and another violet-eyed infant, you can't go wrong!

I've never used the CopyPasto spell for the StrangerVille Mystery but find the Wellness skill's Teleport works well for moving around underground.
Teleport is of course slower than Transportalate but still faster than walking or jogging. :D

Are you enjoying the Interior Decorator career so far? Daisy's always halfway done with the career!
I like Daisy with her side ponytail!

In your stats, you wrote: "5 +ve traits on aging up." 
Is "+ve} a British abbreviation?  Do you indicate negative character traits as "-ve"?
Great progress, Daisy!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2024, 01:32:18 AM »
So great that Umber has changed his tune on the Romance front!
And the babes are adorable! I agree about the eyes - how lucky to have green and violet to choose from!
I haven't used the Discuss Marriage often only when the Sims were well into a romantic relationship and headed toward it, but Zyaire popped up with it autonomously in my challenge - it didn't have any particular impact on Ivy, but I caused Tyler to add the Jealous trait, so, yeah, not a great result. 😉
How are you liking Dream Home Decorator? I haven't played that since the pack first came out.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2024, 01:45:42 AM »
Dearg and Dixie are adorable!  With one green-eyed infant and another violet-eyed infant, you can't go wrong!

I've never used the CopyPasto spell for the StrangerVille Mystery but find the Wellness skill's Teleport works well for moving around underground.
Teleport is of course slower than Transportalate but still faster than walking or jogging. :D

Are you enjoying the Interior Decorator career so far? Daisy's always halfway done with the career!
I like Daisy with her side ponytail!

In your stats, you wrote: "5 +ve traits on aging up." 
Is "+ve} a British abbreviation?  Do you indicate negative character traits as "-ve"?
Great progress, Daisy!
I do enjoy the Interior Decorator gigs but the extensive Markovic dislike list was a  real pain.
Getting the right decor style is tricky, especially if they dislike a style. You have to go and check each item doesn't come into that category. I haven't yet determined if an item can be in more than one style.
With Connexions, Dorothy went straight in at level 4. She got level 5 from the wishing well. I'm hoping she'll advance more on her own merits though.

I've used +ve & -ve for positive and negative for as long as I can remember. I dont know if its limited to UK. Maybe it's a science thing?

Dorothy never got over losing the long hair she aged up with as a child, her Mother getting her a mini-me short style. I was going to let it get longer still but, you're right, she does look nice with the side ponytail.
So great that Umber has changed his tune on the Romance front!
And the babes are adorable! I agree about the eyes - how lucky to have green and violet to choose from!
I haven't used the Discuss Marriage often only when the Sims were well into a romantic relationship and headed toward it, but Zyaire popped up with it autonomously in my challenge - it didn't have any particular impact on Ivy, but I caused Tyler to add the Jealous trait, so, yeah, not a great result. 😉
How are you liking Dream Home Decorator? I haven't played that since the pack first came out.
With Dorothy's green eyes and Umber's violet, I am indeed spoilt for choice.
I confess that I modified Umber's sexual preferences once he'd moved in. He was not interested in anyone- romance or woohoo, and not exploring. Science babies are all very convenient but I think our Heir deserves some romance   :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.2: Just an Old Fashioned Girl
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2024, 03:41:05 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.2: Just an Old Fashioned Girl

Previously: Umber explored their new but rundown neighbourhood of Shady Acres in StrangerVille; Umber became a Handyman and Dorothy became an Interior Designer; Dorothy organised an assault on the Mother to become a hero; they had Science Baby twins (Dearg & Dixie) despite Umber wanting to do it the old-fashioned way; Dorothy seemed very uninterested in marriage.

4.1.family.jpg
Residence: Cliff Side Crest, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Dorothy: Hey! This is the last time I’ll Mentor you!
Umber: Why? What did I do? Was that last meme just too Cringe?
Dorothy: No, Silly! You’re at level 10!
Umber: That’s great. We’ll need this Toddler bed soon enough.
Dorothy: We could just upgrade the Infant bed?
Umber: Let’s not…

4.2.1.jpg

Dorothy: You really are Family-Oriented, aren’t you!
Umber: You are too, now. Don’t try to deny it!
Dorothy: It’s true. It’s my one source of comfort since I’m doing so badly in my career.
Umber: No! What happened?
Dorothy: The client wanted me to makeover the ground level of his bar in Moonwood Mills. The brief was to make it more attractive to Hipsters but the client never showed up. I had no idea what colours or styles he wanted. Plus it was a pretty strange place. When the client did show up, he hated it!
Umber: That’s all on him – I bet it was great but he was just a mean old wolf!
Dorothy: To top it off, I thought I’d see if the Wishing Well could help. It got me demoted!
Umber: Oh no!
Dorothy: But at least I can take comfort in my family!

4.2.2.jpg

Umber: Dorothy?
Dorothy: Hm?
Umber: This family – thing we have…I’d really like to make it official.
Dorothy: What are you saying?
Umber: Dorothy Makey, will you marry me?
Dorothy: Oh – I didn’t think I wanted to marry anyone but – oh yes! Yes, I’d love to marry you!
Umber: Phew!

4.2.3.jpg

Umber: Now that we’re nearly official – let’s celebrate!
Dorothy: Oh yes!

4.2.4.jpg

Dorothy: Guys! We’re Eating For Two!
Umber: That’s wonderful!
London (hat) & Arielle: more babies?
Dorothy: The old-fashioned way this time!

4.2.5.jpg

Dorothy: Oh Dixie, what a clever girl you are!
Dixie: Coo!
Dorothy: And you’re going to be a big sister soon!
Dixie: Coo!

4.2.6.jpg

Dorothy: Mum, we’re expecting another baby.
Cassia: Really? So no time to come and help me with Little Carl?
Dorothy: I – I didn’t know you needed help.
Cassia: That’s alright. Your babies must come first. Me and Little Carl, well, we’ll manage somehow.
Dorothy: Right.

4.2.7.jpg

Dorothy: So you like white, green and grey? I can work a nice bedroom in those colours.
Joey: You know your Aunt Daisy once had a crush on me?
Dorothy: I don’t know how to respond to that.
Some time later
Joey: Oh – actually – I don’t know what you were thinking. Your makeover? Well, it really isn’t what we were looking for.
Dorothy: But I put in everything you asked for – no Art Dec, no French Country and all in greens, greys and whites!
Joey: It just – isn’t us!

4.2.9.jpg

Farhan: I want you to get rid of all this boring green stuff and make me a brilliant kids room. No Red or Yellow!
Dorothy: And does your father have any preferences?
Jean: The kid knows what he wants but I’d rather you avoided Pink and no Storybook stuff!

4.2.13.jpg

Farhan: I love it!
Jean: We can’t thank you enough!
Dorothy: You’re welcome!

4.2.14.jpg

Umber: Whoop Whoop!
Doctor: Is it your wife giving birth?
Umber: My fiancé, yes.
Doctor: You’d better get in there and panic. Not stay dancing out here. That doesn’t go down well with the ladies, not one bit!

4.2.15.jpg

Arielle: Twin girls, Deco and Dale! Don’t you just love looking after other people’s babies?
London: Yeah – we can always give them back and go home.
Arielle: When was the last time you went home?
London: I really can’t remember. But at least I’m getting famous from all our paintings that get sold.
Arielle: Yeah. Dorothy says she’s not going to use them in her renos any more in case the clients don’t like them.
London: Did they say they’re planning to move?
Arielle: Thank goodness! This place is not big enough for 4 children.

4.2.17.jpg

Dorothy: My fourth gig did not go well! Mr Perez lived in a typical Mt Komorebi house and said he wanted a change of pace in his bedroom. He’s a Child of the Village who likes black but not blue or yellow. As he wouldn’t say anything about décor style, I thought he’d like stuff from Tomorang. Ah well – my mistake! I still think it looks nice!

4.2.18a.jpg

Dorothy: Such a relief to have only ourselves to please on this house – Creek Corner Cove. Yes it’s rundown, there’s rubbish and strange stains everywhere, but I’ve got a free rein. Plus, now Umber’s maxed his Handyman’s job, he’s gone Freelance as a Maker. He can make some lovely rugs for us – or we could knit some. I can’t wait to get started.

4.2.19.jpg

Umber: Thanks for coming on a date with me to Windenberg.
Dorothy: It’s really romantic here.
Umber: Your nanny Analyn is amazing. I think she must be immortal!
Dorothy: There’s a wedding arch here!
Umber: I know!
Dorothy: Shall we?
Umber: The toddlers would look so cute as flower girl and ring-bearer!
Dorothy: But it would be chaos!
Umber: Let’s exchange vows now!
Dorothy: Yes!

4.2.21.jpg

Dorothy: What’s taking you so long?
Umber: I can’t transportalate like you!
Dorothy: Oops – sorry, I forgot!

4.2.22.jpg

Dorothy: I was in a much better mood after our wedding date but I was still nervous about failing another job. Ms Fleming wanted a more spacious bathroom, without moving any walls! It felt like I was set up to fail but…there was only her in a 2-bed house in Chestnut Ridge. The old bathroom was big enough to squeeze a guest bed in and looked cosy and I made the old bedroom into the bathroom. Ms Fleming liked Red and Art Deco. The only thing she didn’t like was Patio Furniture which I wouldn’t have used in a bathroom anyway.

4.2.23.jpg

Dorothy: When I did the reveal, I made sure to point out all the red Art Deco things. She LOVED it! Thank goodness! I was so happy that we accidentally seemed to smooch when we had a hug! I got quite emotional!

4.2.24.jpg

Dorothy: It’s nice coming out on another date at the Romance Festival!
Umber: Plus I got a UFO plant in the border displays!
Dorothy: Oh – that’s (sob) so (sob) wonderful!
Umber: Dorothy! Are you crying?
Dorothy: My emotions are all over the place today! I’m happy and crying and – oh! I’m eating for two again!
Umber: Wow! Now I’m welling up!

4.2.25.jpg

Week 26 (Year 2, Autumn 2/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir[/b] – YA (20 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – YA (15 days to Adult)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Heir?
– Toddler (4 days to Child)
(Cautious) Silly, Early Riser, Loves Sounds, Hates being held
Dixie: Heir? – Toddler (4 days to Child)
(Calm) Clingy, Early Riser, Messy Eater
Deco: Heir? – Infant (2 days to Toddler)
Sensitive, Loves Being Held, Snuggly Sleeper
Dale: Heir? – Infant (2 days to Toddler)
Intense, Hates Being Held, Picky Eater, Self-Soother

Screenshot 2024-06-24 152628.jpg
Residence: Creek Corner Cove, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Progress

Notes
Deco is a shade of Yellow and Dale is a shade of green.

All the gen 5 have Dorothy's blonde shade of hair; Dearg and Dale have Umber's violet eyes, Dixie has Dorothy's green eyes and Deco found a new shade - hazel for hers.

gen 5.jpg

I have never tried the Interior Decorator career fully before. I tried just winging it but that didn’t work. I have now been researching hard!
Checking the household info prior to the gig only gets you so far. If they don’t have a liked décor style, you really are working in the dark. Relying on the career conversation menu isn’t enough either. Asking for favourite colour and discussing hobbies can help. It feels almost like a lottery sometimes.
I haven’t tried sending Dorothy on her own. I think I’ll try that for the next week and see what happens. She can’t do any worse. I’m also considering crafting some jewellery – there’s one crystal that increases good outcomes from career chances… There’s not a lot of time with all the babies though.

anything