Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5837 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.8: Girls & Boys
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2024, 08:15:15 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.8: Girls & Boys

Previously: Our Gen 3 heir Cassia took up vlogging; both Cassia and Daisy learnt to ride their bikes; Jade got all Perfect flower and potion ingredient plants; Cassia and Daisy became Teens; Erica and Flax became Children and the family welcomed the New Year in.
Residence: Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook

L-to-R: Cassia, Flax holding Lark, Jade, Erica holding Bear, Ridge, Daisy
2.7.family.jpg

Flax: It’s a bit yucky in the bin, but Cassia says – if we give her any Voidcritter packs – she’ll let us have any swaps and all the toys we find.
Erica: Why don’t we just keep everything we find?
Flax: She’s promised to buy us dessert when we go out for Mum’s birthday!

2.8.1.jpg

Madeline: It’s nice to meet you too, Cassia, here at the Magical HQ, but why is your Watcher wasting a photo shot on me?
Cassia: Beats me, Aunt Madeline! After all, my Mum – your big sister – has nearly finished her requirements. All photos should be about me now!
Madeline: Oh, so it’s still my generation!
Cassia: Not for much longer, if I can help it. Only as long as those annoying siblings of mine can find Voidcritter cards for me!

2.8.3.jpg

Cassia: Mum’s really winding up Isumi – the new Sage of Practical Magic. I hope she doesn’t make her too angry to train me.
Daisy: Watcher was so pleased that she’s a Hot Head and that it’s Prank Day today. Mum still wearing her clown costume from our birthday party is just the icing on the cake.
Cassia: Speaking of cake, the cowplant has just put it’s cake out.
Daisy: Yes. It looks so tasty….

2.8.9.jpg

Jade: Thank you, Cowplant. That completes the set.
Cowplant: Hm. I guess it’s into the inventory for me now!
Jade: No. You’ve really helped me out, finally. You can stay out. I’ll keep feeding you, but no more cake!

2.8.10.jpg

Stray: Mew
Jade: Thanks for sharing the love with me.
Stray: Mew
Watcher: Thanks for posing so well. I knew this was your last needed one, but I never thought I’d get the right combination of buttons at the right time.
Jade: What?
Watcher: Oh – don’t mind me. But I will turn off the stray cat thing…

2.8.11.jpg

Cassia: Hey folks! This is my business headshot for my side hustle. I know it’s not very business-like. But I am a Goofball. I can’t be serious too much. Take me or leave me. But I know you’ll take me – I’m awesome!

2.8.12.jpg

Daisy: Watcher decided to celebrate Easter so we all hunted for eggs round the house. Mum and Cassia even fought the Easter Bunny for eggs because none of us could ask him for them! Cassia was collecting them and only needed one more when Watcher told us to give up and all come to the Magical HQ to look for Tomes. We found 4 new ones this week, so that’s just 1 left that Mum wants. The surprising thing though was that, with all the bookshelves, sofas and counters, there were hundreds of new places to look for eggs. Erica and Flax found the last one before Cassia sent them off to fish, to keep them out of trouble. She doesn’t really like them, but says they have their uses.

2.8.20.jpg

Cassia: Happy Birthday, Mum!
Everyone: Happy Birthday!
Jade: Pfft!
Ridge: I can’t believe I’m your Toyboy!
Jade: Only because you died and came back to me, my darling. You’ll catch me up soon enough. Maybe I’ll take a Youth Potion when you do!
Cassia: Here you go, kids. Here’s the dessert I promised you.
Flax: Hey! We’d have got Mum’s birthday cake anyway!
Erica: No fair! We found all those cards for you.
Cassia: I gave you the swaps back. And you’ve still not traded them up for anything useful! Hey, is that a Meduso Lovin you got in your cracker?
Flax: Maybe…
Cassia: Hand it over. You know I’m the Heir and I’m collecting those.
Flax: Mum!
Jade: Cassia!
Cassia: But I am, Mum! You know I am! 6 crackers for your birthday and only one with a new plushie!

2.8.24.jpg

Cassia: Watcher thinks you’ll be interested in my male High School friends. I’m not sure why but here’s a run down:
Fabian is a Goofball, Child of the Village and has dark hair and green eyes;
Jun is Gloomy and Self-Absorbed (like me!) and has blonde hair and hazel eyes;
Duy is an Unflirty Foodie and has black hair and brown eyes. He asked me to the Prom as friends.
They are all Spellcasters.
Tommy is a Gloomy, Recycle Disciple with brown hair and brown eyes;
Darrel is a Self-Assured, Creative with black hair and brown eyes (Watcher was very happy that I got a crush on him);
Joey is an Animal Enthusiast Child of the Islands with black hair and brown eyes (Watcher thought he could make Daisy very happy)

candidates.jpg

Cassia: Mum just needs one more magical tome which we’re all helping with once a day. Well all of us except the kids. At least they can be helpful looking for my cards. Anyway, it might as well be my generation now – it’s only a technicality. Watcher says, if that’s the case, there’s no reason to not start my regular requirements. So, I posed for the Paparazzi. Yes – I’m a 2-star celeb now. And any time the Paparazzi show up, I need to interact with them. That’s not a big requirement. After all, posing for pictures is fun!

2.8.31.jpg

Cassia: I also hosted a Meet & Greet. My fans are adorable and I’m more than happy to sign autographs for them. Yes, I only invited my Teen male friends, but Mum wanted to meet them. This is me signing for Jasper Spencer-Kim. He’s a Party-Animal, Geek with black hair and black eyes and a tendency to wear crazy make-up. Oh yes, that’s Darrell in the background. Isn’t he cute?

2.8.27.jpg

Cassia: Prom night and I met Duy there. You remember - he invited me as friends. Anyway, he left early (rude!) which gave me a chance to meet this new guy. He’s Hayes Moon. You know! That family! He lives in Del Sol Valley in a Celebrity house. Wow! He’s got blonde hair and green eyes and is an Adventurous, Child of the Ocean. But let's focus on the really important things - he's famous. Or at least his family is!

2.8.32.jpg

Daisy: I got crowned Prom Queen and Cassia was Prom Jester. She’s thrilled. So appropriate for a Goofball. My crush, Joey, was not there which was a shame.

2.8.33.jpg

Cassia: Oh yes – that’s Darrell in the background. He waited until Prom to tell me that he was only interested in guys! I got over that crush, pretty smartish! Meanwhile, I’m slow dancing with Hayes, listening to his stories about living the celebrity life. It sounds like heaven!

2.8.34.jpg

Daisy: Cassia got invited to the after party so she invited me and her new friend Hayes along. She also invited Joey, my crush, along for me. Shame that he’s only interested in guys too. Me and Cassia are clearly not very aware of other people’s natures! Maybe we should set Joey up with Darrell. They’re both nice guys. Just not for us!
So, I’m all dressed up and no romance to speak of. I went home fairly quickly. Cassia stayed later with Hayes. She couldn’t get enough of his fame stories.

2.8.35.jpg

Week 17 (Year 2, Spring 1/4)
Generation 2 – Magical Florist

Jade: Heir  – Adult (39 days to Elder)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Animal Enthusiast +Loyal+Cheerful+Family-Oriented
Ridge (Brant): Spouse – Young Adult (8 days to Adult)
Traits: Music Lover, Insider, Perfectionist +Cheerful+Family-Oriented+Cheerful

Generation 3 - ?
Cassia: Heir
(twin) – Teen (13 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed
Daisy: Spare (twin) – Teen (13 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Green Fiend
Erica: Spare (twin) – Child (6 days to Teen)
Traits: Practise Makes Perfect
Flax: Spare (twin) – Child (6 days to Teen)
Traits: Good

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Darrel’s traits were spot on for my Gen 3 spouse. If he’d had different hair/eye colouring, I’d have considered overriding his given preferences.

Cassia’s generation challenge title will be fully revealed on her Young Adult birthday. She has already met the qualifications to age up early (A in school, Llamacorn Scout) but she’ll hold fire for now.

Both Erica and Flax have 6 days to their birthday. After that, they usefulness to Cassia will be over and she’ll be itching to move out. Let’s hope the family find that final magical tome!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.8: Girls & Boys (4-Jun)
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2024, 02:30:37 PM »
Nice!  Jade is only one Magical Tome away from completing her final requirement. Soooooo very, very close!!!
Cassia had a great selection of teen beaux.  My initial favorite was Jun for his coloring, but then Hayes not only had the same coloring but he's from a famous family.
For sheer looks, I liked Fabian but his coloring isn't unique and two Goofballs in the household would be perilous for their health.
Hayes is perfect!

Smart Cassia, getting a jump-start on her collections! I'm really looking forward to learning how and where Cassia starts her new journey!!!
Hmmm, Since she loves attention from her fans, I'm guessing maybe Del Sol Valley?
Sincerest wishes to the Makeys on finding that last Magical Tome!!!

P.S. Auntie Madeline is very attractive!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2024, 02:35:35 PM »
I love Cassia's headshot! What a great profile pic that would be! 🤣
Oh, that one elusive Magical Tome! I hope they find it soon.
Wouldn't you know both of the guys they crush on have other interests . . .
I'm sure Cassia will make a good match . . . If Darrel's traits were perfect for Cassia's spouse, then I guess Hayes's aren't, but Adventurous, Child of the Ocean, blonde with green eyes . . . doesn't sound bad!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2024, 02:29:57 AM »
Nice!  Jade is only one Magical Tome away from completing her final requirement. Soooooo very, very close!!!
Cassia had a great selection of teen beaux.  My initial favorite was Jun for his coloring, but then Hayes not only had the same coloring but he's from a famous family.
For sheer looks, I liked Fabian but his coloring isn't unique and two Goofballs in the household would be perilous for their health.
Hayes is perfect!

Smart Cassia, getting a jump-start on her collections! I'm really looking forward to learning how and where Cassia starts her new journey!!!
Hmmm, Since she loves attention from her fans, I'm guessing maybe Del Sol Valley?
Sincerest wishes to the Makeys on finding that last Magical Tome!!!

P.S. Auntie Madeline is very attractive!
The small pic of Fabian doesn't display his impressive conk clearly. It nearly rivals Darrell Charms!
 He was a strong contender despite that. But at the back of my mind, I could imagine you exclaiming with dismay at me bringing such a strong feature into our genetic mix.

There are a lot of Gloomy or location-based traits among Cassia's potential high-school sweethearts. Am I the only one who finds Child-of-the-.... more frequently than other traits? I know it's possible to ignore them but I prefer to go with the right location.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2024, 02:34:14 AM »
I love Cassia's headshot! What a great profile pic that would be! 🤣
Oh, that one elusive Magical Tome! I hope they find it soon.
Wouldn't you know both of the guys they crush on have other interests . . .
I'm sure Cassia will make a good match . . . If Darrel's traits were perfect for Cassia's spouse, then I guess Hayes's aren't, but Adventurous, Child of the Ocean, blonde with green eyes . . . doesn't sound bad!
It's just the Homewardial one to go. The last but one was Scruberoo!  You'd think it would be the upper level tomes that would be the most elusive!

Darrel had one trait that my gen 4 heir needs - yes, for once I really am planning that far ahead - but Adventurous Child of the Ocean Hayes will serve very nicely too. 👌

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2024, 10:17:52 AM »
It's not a big deal to quote from one person and then turn around a few minutes later and make a second post quoting someone else. But, just in case you were unaware, you can do it in one post:

1. Quote from the first post, and then copy that whole post.

2. Quote from the second post. Move your cursor to the very beginning of the box and paste it into your clipboard contents. Then, add some space to arrange things how you want. Below are clips from two different posts...

The small pic of Fabian doesn't display his impressive conk clearly. It nearly rivals Darrell Charms!
 He was a strong contender despite that. But at the back of my mind, I could imagine you exclaiming with dismay at me bringing such a strong feature into our genetic mix.

There are a lot of Gloomy or location-based traits among Cassia's potential high-school sweethearts. Am I the only one who finds Child-of-the-.... more frequently than other traits? I know it's possible to ignore them but I prefer to go with the right location.

It's just the Homewardial one to go. The last but one was Scruberoo!  You'd think it would be the upper level tomes that would be the most elusive!

Darrel had one trait that my gen 4 heir needs - yes, for once I really am planning that far ahead - but Adventurous Child of the Ocean Hayes will serve very nicely too. 👌

*cue the dramatic music with eyes open wide*

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2024, 02:48:29 PM »
It's not a big deal to quote from one person and then turn around a few minutes later and make a second post quoting someone else. But, just in case you were unaware, you can do it in one post

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.9: Magnificent (She Says)
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2024, 03:01:44 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.9: Magnificent (She Says)

Previously: Our Heir Cassia conned her younger siblings into finding Voidcritter cards for her; the Hot-Headed Sage of Magic provided Jade with her final cowplant essence; a stray cat helped her complete her Friend of the Animals; with seemingly only one Magical Tome remaining, Cassia started her Gen 3 requirements, getting the family to help her find eggs; Cassia and her twin Daisy both fell for unavailable crushes but they rallied, especially when Hayes Moon – yes, those Moons – turned up.

L-to-R: Cassia, Flax holding Lark, Jade, Erica holding Bear, Ridge, Daisy
2.8.family.jpg

Erica: I know it looks like I’m stuck in a public waste bin but I’m searching for Voidcritter Cards for Cassia. She says she’ll buy us drinks at the next festival if we do.

2.9.1.jpg

Cassia: Thanks for asking me on a date, Hayes.
Hayes: Well you did ask me to be your boyfriend last night after the Prom.
Cassia: Sh! I’m sure your celebrity fans don’t need to know that.
Hayes: What? Oh yes. My fans… The thing is, darling… it’s my birthday today. I won’t be able to date you again until your birthday. That’s not for two weeks, is it?
Cassia: It could be sooner…if only we find that last Tome… Will you promise to wait for me?
Hayes: Exchange promise rings? That would be great.
Cassia: Promise rings? Is that still a thing? Oh – OK – why not?

2.9.2.jpg

Bennett: Argh!
Cassia: Argh?
Judy: Oh get over yourself, Uncle Bennett!
Bennett: I’m sure people are watching us. Who are you?
Judy: Keep up, dear. It’s Hayes little girlfriend, Cassandra?
Cassia: It's Cassia. Is he OK?
Judy: Don’t mind Uncle Bennett. He’s a bit Paranoid. Come for a visit have you?
Cassia: If it’s convenient?
Bennett: They’re all around us, you know! Watching! Argh!
Cassia: Maybe another time…when he’s had his meds. (to self) These celebrity types are a bit crazy!

2.9.3.jpg

Cassia: Here you go, squirt. Your drink, as promised.
Erica: But these are free!
Cassia: Nothing in life is free, sis. Remember that!
Jade: Cassia! You really take advantage of your younger siblings.
Cassia: Just teaching them some life lessons, mother dear. Like you taught us…having more babies when we were just starting school.
Jade: I thought you enjoyed having them around.
Cassia: All those smelly nappies? And the noise, when we were trying to do homework? No Mum, we didn’t enjoy having them around.
Jade: I’m sorry. I didn’t realise…

2.9.5.jpg

Cassia: I asked my mum if I was adopted. She said, ‘Not yet, but we placed an ad.’ Having younger siblings just goes to show that sequels are never as good as the original! Seriously, though, I wouldn't trade my siblings for the world. I don't have anywhere to put it.
Hm – no one seems bothered about my jokes – I need to get better material.

2.9.6.jpg

Erica: Mum, when are we going to get rid of that skunk bush? You don’t need any more feathers.
Jade: Well, when your big sisters move out, we might just need it again… who knows? Anyway you’re right we don’t need any more feathers.
Erica: You found a new Tome though!
Jade: Yes, but it was for Low-Ranking Spellcasters. I wasn’t looking for that. Maybe we’ll get lucky tomorrow.

2.9.7.jpg

Cassia: I can’t believe we’ve been managing with an non-upgraded loo. No wonder we keep failing the NAP inspections.
Ridge: We can’t Insta-Upgrade them. We don’t want a Composting Loo. Not here.
Cassia: I think you’d better get fresh water for Lark's bath. That skunk really did a number on her this time!

2.9.8.jpg

Cassia: OK folk, this Careers day is officially boring. How about a few Jazz hits for you and my social stream?

2.9.9.jpg

Cassia: And Mum found the, hopefully, final Tome of Magic so it’s time to celebrate my official taking over of this Legacy. I wonder if the universe is ready for my awesomeness!

2.9.11.jpg

Flax: Quick, let’s have a game while Cassia’s up in space.
Erica: Yeah – I’ve been holding these ones back – she’ll never know!
Flax: Have you done any decent trades with any cards?
Erica: In what time, brother? In what time?

2.9.12.jpg

Analyn: You know I’ve retired as a Nanny?
Cassia: You’ll never be able to say “no” to me, though, will you!
Analyn: Not with your top level charisma, darling. Now you’ve maxed piano and singing, you want to learn the guitar too?
Cassia: I can’t have too many strings to my bow. You never know what might calm a crowd down.
Lark: How-owowow-owl!
Cassia: I know you’re a vocal dog, Lark but I don’t think you’re helping. Hm…maybe a future double act. People always love a dog…

2.9.14.jpg

Daisy: It’s a bit intrusive here at Orchid-a-Go-Go.
Cassia: I haven’t the heart to stop my adoring fans. They love me so much! It’s no wonder that I got that top job as a Simfluencer.
Daisy: I thought it was your Entrepreneur skills.
Cassia: Those too. Now what did you want to tell me?
Daisy: You know Fabian?
Cassia: That green-eyed, Goofball, Child of the Village?
Daisy: Oh yes. Well, after the disaster with Joey and Darrell…
Cassia (taking notes): I must use that anecdote in my comedy set…
Daisy: Well, I’ve got a crush on Fabian now. I made sure he was open to romance with me before letting myself hope.
Cassia: Shall we invite him to the Charity Event tomorrow?
Daisy: Definitely! Although don’t ask him for money. I don’t know if he’s rich…

2.9.16.jpg

Saturday
Erica: Mine and Flax’s birthday party has been hijacked for one of Cassia’s do's. At least she invited a lot of relatives we’ve not met before so it’s nice to meet the wider family. I get a bit confused who’s in which generation though. Anyway, here I go. Pfft!
Everyone: Hooray!
Flax: Me too! Pfft!
Everyone: Happy Birthday!

2.9.19.jpg

Watcher: And now Erica and Flax are Teens, like Cassia and Daisy, surely their relationships will improve…

2.9.family.jpg

Cassia: I’m supposed to be the Comedian at this function but you look sad, Joey.
Joey: Lots of girls seem to think I’m cute but they just don’t float my boat.
Cassia: Have you met Darrell? He has the same problem. I think you two could be just right for each other.
Joey: He sounds like he is an absolute pleasure to be around.
Cassia: Go man, go! My work here is done!

2.9.18.jpg

Cassia: I can’t believe that I’ve hung around a whole week to just get two new Voidcritter cards. I’m sure those brats were holding out on me! Still, I couldn’t move on until Mum had found that last Tome. She's just taken a Potion of Rejuvenation so she'll only be 1 day older than Dad. Anyway, my Young Adult birthday! Mine and Daisy’s of course – only a week early. Pfft!

2.9.20.jpg

Cassia: So, I came straight over, with Daisy. I can’t wait to see our room – rooms! It’s all going to be magnificent!
Hayes: Erm…
Cassia: You said we should move in together as soon as possible!
Hayes: Erm…
Cassia: Who is this Toddler? She’s a bit young to be a fan!
Ruben: That’s our niece Peyton. Bennett adopted her, so I guess she's my niece?
Cassia: What? Hayes?
Hayes: We need to talk. You can both move in but, we need to talk…

2.9.21.jpg

Week 18 (Year 2, Spring 2/4)
Generation 2 – Magical Florist - COMPLETE

Jade: Heir  – Adult (42 days to Elder)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Animal Enthusiast +Loyal+Cheerful+Family-Oriented
Ridge (Brant): Spouse – Young Adult (1 days to Adult)
Traits: Music Lover, Insider, Perfectionist +Cheerful+Family-Oriented+Cheerful
Erica: Spare (twin Gen 3) – Teen (21 days to YA)
Traits: Practise Makes Perfect, Cheerful
Flax: Spare (twin Gen 3) – Teen (21 days to YA)
Traits: Good, Perfectionist

Generation 3
Residence: Bailey-Moon Manor, The Pinnacles, Del Sol Valley
(twin) – YA (28 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children
Daisy: Spare (twin) – YA (28 days to Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Green Fiend, Loves Outdoors
Hayes Moon: Boyfriend  - YA (22 days to Adult)
Bennett Moon – Adult (10 days to Elder)
Brian Moon – Adult (35 days to Elder)
Ruben Moon – Teen (2 days to Adult)
Judy Bailey-Moon – YA (3 days to Adult, gen 4, child of Orange Bailey-Moon-dec)
Peyton Moon – Toddler (3 days to Child, gen 4, child of Bennett)

L-to-R: Ruben, Judy, Cassia, Bennett holding Peyton, Brian, Daisy, Hayes
2.9.new fam.jpg

Progress

Notes
Of course, when Hayes invited Cassia on a date, I didn’t know he was about to age up. That was a bit of a shock as I assumed we had a week’s worth of romancing ahead. Fortunately they got the ring thing done on the date.

Jade amassed a total of 41 Tomes – 39 for spells & potions plus ones for Low-ranking Spellcasters and High-ranking Spellcasters. I didn’t have time to experiment with the last two but Cassia might just have taken them with her so she and Daisy might make time to do that.

Erica and Flax are definitely not identical twins. Flax seems to have taken on his father’s square jaw and has magnificent ears. Erica has her mother’s skin tone. I’ve left them both with their default hair.

Erica Flax.jpg

The Generation 3 is revealed as Hates Children, taken from the Fatal Flaws Legacy with a few adaptations. We’re in for a bumpy ride…

The full truth about Cassia and Daisy’s new household will be revealed in the next update. Suffice it to say, the Bailey-Moon family have not lived up to their illustrious parents’ reputation.

*edited - to correct the relationships within the Bailey-Moon household, specifically - Judy is the daughter of the deceased Orange Bailey-Moon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.9: Magnificent (She Says) 6-Jun
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2024, 10:46:21 AM »
A heartfelt CONGRATS to Jade for completing all of her heir requirements!
Cassia may have had to stay at home longer than she'd...oh wait, she needed to live at home until her YA birthday, anyway.
jI'm happy to see she spent her teen years productively, making substantial progress on her collections.

On no! The Baily-Moon Manor is an 8-sim household, with a toddler even!
Can't wait to learn how that happened and how Cassia will make room for own future family!

I'm glad that Fabian is back in the game!
Great job, Cassia, helping Joey and Darrel find each other. :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2024, 11:28:02 AM »
A heartfelt CONGRATS to Jade for completing all of her heir requirements!
Cassia may have had to stay at home longer than she'd...oh wait, she needed to live at home until her YA birthday, anyway.
I'm happy to see she spent her teen years productively, making substantial progress on her collections.

On no! The Baily-Moon Manor is an 8-sim household, with a toddler even!
Can't wait to learn how that happened and how Cassia will make room for own future family!
I know, right? That little Peyton wasn't there when Cassia visited before. And she hates children.... It actually affects Daisy's future more than Cassia's but not too much.

I'm glad that Fabian is back in the game!
Great job, Cassia, helping Joey and Darrel find each other. :D
I mentioned that I thought Fabian's nose rivalled Darrell Charms? Well, when I tell you that his surname is Ernst? Yes, he is the son of Emilia by Darrell! You were right. I just can't stay away from the Charm family!  ;D

I'll be interested to see if Joey and the other Darrell develop a friendship or more. I really want to get them in the same room together but Cassia insists on throwing these big parties so everyone gets a little lost.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2024, 12:11:08 PM »
I mentioned that I thought Fabian's nose rivalled Darrell Charms? Well, when I tell you that his surname is Ernst? Yes, he is the son of Emilia by Darrell! You were right. I just can't stay away from the Charm family!  ;D

I'll be interested to see if Joey and the other Darrell develop a friendship or more. I really want to get them in the same room together but Cassia insists on throwing these big parties so everyone gets a little lost.

Haha, of course, Fabian's last name is Ernst. May I request a shot (when you have a free moment) of Fabian's side profile?  :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2024, 01:47:55 PM »
‘Not yet, but we placed an ad.’ 🤣🤣🤣

AH, that last elusive tome! Congrats!
Wow - the girls jumped into a BIG family with a full house! Can't wait to see how that unfolds!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2024, 05:44:46 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend

Previously: Cassia casually exchanged rings with her celebrity boyfriend Hayes and met his crazy family; Jade found her last Magical Tome and officially completed her requirements; Cassia became a 4-star celebrity and decided she and Daisy would age up to Young Adults a week early; the two of them moved into Hayes Celebrity home where there were a few surprises.

L-to-R: Ruben, Judy, Cassia, Bennett holding Peyton, Brian, Daisy, Hayes
2.9.new fam.jpg
Residence: Bailey-Moon Manor, The Pinnacles, Del Sol Valley

Cassia: You said we needed to talk!
Hayes: I’ve been waiting for this all week!
Cassia: Me too. OK – but we talk after. Yes?
Hayes: Anything.

3.1.1.jpg

Judy: Welcome to the household, honey. Wow – you really shine!
Cassia: Yes. You guys all seem to have turned your shine off.
Judy: We don’t have any shine, darling. We’re not famous.
Cassia: But…
Ruben: Our parents were famous. But someone disabled the Fame option…
Watcher: That would be me.
Ruben: …and didn’t turn it back on until you were born. Mum and Dad died before then so we never got their fame passed on.
Cassia: But you live in this Celebrity Home! Aren’t you constantly embarrassed about that?
Judy: That’s why we’re all moving out after a birthday party on Tuesday for me, Ruben and Peyton.
Ruben: Judy wants a horse so she’s off to Chestnut Ridge. Hayes wants to move to Sulani because he’s a Child of the Islands. I’m going somewhere with Bennett and Peyton and Brian hasn’t decided yet.
Judy: As long as there’s a Spa nearby plus a fridge for food and a sofa to lounge on, he’ll be happy anywhere!
Cassia: But what about me and Daisy?
Judy: I assumed you’d want to be with Hayes.
Cassia: Yes, but…

3.1.3.jpg

Cassia: You misled me, Hayes.
Hayes: Misled is a strong word. Avoided the issue, maybe? It’s funny how you believed what you wanted to believe.
Cassia: Funny? I know funny and that’s not funny!
Hayes: It’s funny if you’re Evil, like me.
Cassia: Your adult trait. Yes, I really should have checked that out. I am not moving to Sulani.
Hayes: No?
Cassia: We’re staying here. My latest press release has pushed me into 5-stardom and I belong here. The rest of your family can take all the money, if they like and go wherever they please.
Hayes: That’s just the problem, darling. There isn’t much money.
Cassia: What? What about your parents legacy?
Hayes: Nearly all gone. We’ve even had to let the staff go. Maybe we should have got jobs….
Cassia: Right! Time to sort this household out!

3.1.6.jpg

Peyton: Nap nap!
Irman (butler): Nappy or sleep?
Peyton: Nap Nap!
Judy: I’m so glad Cassia has Free Services. It’s so good to have staff again.
Irman: Yes ma’am.
Judy: But now I have to learn to cook for my culinary career. With Brian being a Glutton, we’re all learning to cook. Apparently we could start a fire, if we don’t do it properly.
Judy: I'm not sure about all our jobs. I guess Brian liking Video Games will enjoy his Tech Guru career. I do like my new wardrobe though. Cassia sorted me out with the Preppy and Polished Fashion that I like. She’s done the same for all of us – working out our preferences.
Judy: She’s hidden all our slippers though!
Irman: Apparently her Watcher has a thing about wearing slippers to bed, ma’am.
Judy: Oh.

3.1.7.jpg

Cassia: Bennett! Why aren’t you painting?
Bennett: There’s something nasty in the woodshed!
Cassia: Yes, yes. Come on now. You know your painting therapy is helping you calm down.
Bennett: Yes. And I love my new job. Me and Hayes love being Criminals
Cassia: With the Public Enemy aspiration, it was the best choice for you. Hayes, being Evil, well. Let’s just say he’s relishing it.
Bennett: My paintings disappear as soon as I finish them. Maybe the nasty thing in the woodshed got them.
Cassia: No, no. My sister Daisy is selling them while she mentors you all. It’s building up funds so you can have better houses. You’re all doing great!

3.1.21.jpg

Fabian: Daisy! Oh – that was lovely!
Daisy: Wasn’t it just! It’s so good to get away from that crazy house.
Fabian: Cassia’s paparazzi have followed you though.
Daisy: Oh Cassia’s inside. She’ll come out soon, to pose for them. Watcher doesn’t need to make her now. She loves it so much, she rushes out autonomously.
Pap 1: Should we photograph this?
Pap 2: Nah – it’s just the sister.

3.1.8.jpg

Fan: I can’t believe it’s really you!
Cassia: It is me, darling!
Fan: What’s it like? Living in that wonderful house? Are the Bailey-Moons just wonderful, like they say?
Cassia: I love my new household. They’re all such interesting people – so talented!
Fan: I love your new look!
Cassia: Well, I’ll always love my signature purple clothes. But I’d do anything for my soulmate Hayes and he hates purple. He loves red though…
Fan: Can I have a selfie?
Cassia: Of course, darling!

3.1.9.jpg

Cassia: I dedicate this award to my amazing family who raised me, my devoted sister Daisy, my soulmate Hayes but most of all, to my adoring fans. You made me. You kept me going in the difficult times. I owe this all to you.

3.1.10.jpg

Erica: Thanks for mentioning us in your acceptance speech.
Flax: Well – lumped together as your “family” – that is!
Jade: That doesn’t matter, Flax. Well done on your award. How wonderful that you included us in your Meet & Greet event. This is a lovely house.
Cassia: Isn’t it! I feel so at home here.
Erica: What’s with the dollshouse and toddler bed?
Flax: Oh yes – you’ve got a toddler here. Ha ha! Get away from one set of kids to take on another.
Cassia: Peyton will become a child tomorrow and then move out with Bennett, her adoptive father. I can’t believe they let a Paranoid adopt a child. What were they thinking?
Jade: He’s getting quite a reputation with all the paintings he’s sold. I’m surprised you don’t keep the paintings.
Cassia: We don’t need the money, if that’s what you’re implying. Are people saying that? There’s no truth in that rumour. It’s very good for his mental health and confidence. That’s all.

3.1.14.jpg

Hayes: Wow, your sister doesn’t hang about, does she!
Cassia: I’m so pleased for her.
Hayes: And she’s moving out with Fabian to his house next door to your parents?
Cassia: Yes – can you believe we grew up next door to each other and Watcher never realised?
Hayes: That’s quite a nose on him!
Cassia: Darrell Charm’s genes run true!
Hayes: You know, with Daisy moving out, there’s room for us to Try For….
Cassia: Stop right there, Hayes. You know how I feel about children.
Hayes: But my family line? Your family line!
Cassia: No children. Not for me! The very thought makes me uncomfortable!

3.1.16.jpg

Pap: I see your Comedian work clothes fall in with your Red phase.
Cassia: Yes, Hayes was very pleased about that.
Pap: Is that his youngest brother I see, doing a school project?
Cassia: Yes, Ruben, the poor boy. I’ve adopted him as a Care Dependent, you know. With his parents dead, I’m trying to help him.
Pap: Isn’t it his birthday today? I’m sure my records….
Cassia: There’ll be a big party tomorrow, for him, Judy and sweet, little Peyton. But do come in. Take lots of photos. I’m just about to help Ruben with his project.

3.1.20.jpg

Cassia: I’ve just heard – my father’s been killed!
Bennett: What! How?
Cassia: By a killer chicken. Oh Dad! How did that happen?
Bennett: Killer chickens? They’ve got out of the woodshed. Argh! Help! We’ll have to cancel the party!
Cassia: Calm down, Bennett. We won’t cancel the party. There’s lots of people coming.
Bennett: Oh yes. My fans!
Cassia: Your fans?
Bennett: You know, with me being a 4-star celeb now!
Cassia: Just from selling the paintings?
Bennett: It was good therapy. The others are rising stars too. We don’t need to move out now.
Cassia: Just a minute! You were all going to move out after the party. Only me and Hayes are staying!
Bennett: Oh no, my dear. My new Criminal friends have pointed out that we still have quite a fortune but it’s tied up in the house. Why would we leave that all to you – a johnny-come-lately? Compared to us with our family name, you're a nobody! Especially as you’re not intending to give Hayes an heir!
Cassia: But….!

3.1.17.jpg

Cassia: But you promised!
Hayes: You remember I’m Evil, right?
Cassia: I do not want to live in Sulani. I belong here! In a Celebrity House. With all my collectibles around me.
Hayes: Yes – it’s quite ironic that you love your childish collectibles but Hate Children!
Cassia: That’s irrelevant! Please Hayes! Please can we stay? You know you love me – why don’t we discuss it under the covers?
Hayes: Yes! I think I know what you’re suggesting and I think I have a plan to make both of us happy!
Cassia: You do?
Hayes: Come here….(under breath) it’ll make me very happy…but probably not you…my dear sweet child-hating girlfriend. Mwa ha ha ha ha!

3.1.25.jpg

Hayes: Where have all your collectibles gone?
Cassia: I’ve packed them up.
Hayes: Ready for Sulani? Great!
Cassia: You don’t care about me at all. I will not bear your children just to stay in this house and I will not move to Sulani.
Hayes: Oh – what a shame!
Cassia: Your brother Bennett has made it clear that I am not welcome here without you and you are leaving. Although – good luck with that move without my Watcher to help you!
Hayes: Ah. I hadn’t thought of that…where are you going?
Cassia: I will take my share of the current funds, which is less than I brought in, by the way, and I’ve got a plot in Mirage Park.
Hayes: Loserville! That’s what we all call that neighbourhood. Ha Ha ha ha ha! How the mighty are fallen!
Cassia: I will do very well for myself. By myself. I don’t need your family of losers to build a fortune. After all, I am Cassia Makey – 5-Star Celebrity. You won’t see me for dust as I leave your family standing!

3.1.29.jpg

Week 19, Tuesday am (Year 2, Spring 3/4)
Residence: Vacuous Green, Mirage Park, Del Sol Valley
Generation 3
  – YA (26 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children +Self-Assured +Insider

3.1.31.jpg

Progress

Notes
Remaining update – for week 19 will drop tomorrow, hopefully.

Parenting Skill – Whilst the full household was not ideal, Hayes younger brother being a Teen allowed Cassia to build some required Parenting Skill with him. Poor little Peyton was left to the Butler for her primary care… Cassia managed to avoid her totally.

Conception – Clearly Cassia does need an Heir, whether she wants one or not. With 7 Sims in the household, it was easy to know when Cassia conceived without a pregnancy test. As soon as she had (first try), the option to Try For A Baby was not available.

Something For The Weekend song by Divine Comedy. I love many of the songs by Divine Comedy – they’re so…subtly subversive and clever. I also love the novel Cold Comfort Farm – so witty – which provides the “something nasty in the woodshed” quote in the song and this update.
I’m not sure if this is unique to UK but, as an extra link into this update, barbers used to stock prophylactics and would use the coy “Something for the weekend, sir?” as a way of politely offering them.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend (8-Jun)
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2024, 01:28:30 PM »
What fun this chapter is! All the twists and turns and unexpected links.
Something in the woodshed first blamed for stealing paintings and then accused of being killer chickens. 🤣 But seriously, condolences to Cassia on the death of her father.
Cassia was really in her element in the Bailey-Moon mansion; it will be fun watching her build her way back - I wonder, will she snatch that mansion out of from under her almost-ex-in-laws, or will she move into something far more grand than they ever imagined? Time will tell . . . or rather . . . Watcher will . . . I really enjoyed Cassia telling Hayes good luck on moving to Sulani without her Watcher to make it happen!
Thank you for sharing the Something for the Weekend info - I'd never heard of that. Of course, I've also never visited a barber.
Oh, about those slippers  . . . I quite agree - who wears slippers to bed? And have you noticed how often the game adds glasses to sleepwear? Is this meant to indicate that the wearer has removed their contacts? Even if that's it, who wears glasses to bed? No one I've ever slept with. I mean . . . well, yeah . . . that.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend (8-Jun)
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2024, 02:10:06 PM »
What fun this chapter is! All the twists and turns and unexpected links.
Something in the woodshed first blamed for stealing paintings and then accused of being killer chickens. 🤣 But seriously, condolences to Cassia on the death of her father.
Cassia was really in her element in the Bailey-Moon mansion; it will be fun watching her build her way back - I wonder, will she snatch that mansion out of from under her almost-ex-in-laws, or will she move into something far more grand than they ever imagined? Time will tell . . . or rather . . . Watcher will . . . I really enjoyed Cassia telling Hayes good luck on moving to Sulani without her Watcher to make it happen!
Thank you for sharing the Something for the Weekend info - I'd never heard of that. Of course, I've also never visited a barber.
Oh, about those slippers  . . . I quite agree - who wears slippers to bed? And have you noticed how often the game adds glasses to sleepwear? Is this meant to indicate that the wearer has removed their contacts? Even if that's it, who wears glasses to bed? No one I've ever slept with. I mean . . . well, yeah . . . that.
I'm so glad you've enjoyed the update. It was fun to play. Although goodness - managing all those lazy Bailey-Moons! They were terrible. Little Peyton was the best of the bunch, ironically.

You're right about the glasses! And hearing aids often get added to sleepwear too! As you say - they might be needed, but not actually while sleeping.