Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5873 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 1.7: Everything I Do (11-May)
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2024, 05:05:07 PM »
Jade and Jet are so adorable!  As they're both violet-eyed redheads, you will have a tough choice for the next heir.
Unless of course one has more fitting traits for the next gen's requirements.
When I read that your next gen has "only on trait requirement," I was tempted to scour your future generations to see if I could identify which one you're doing next.
Somehow, I managed to resist that urge so I'll be eagerly anticipate the surprise of the next heir's adventures like everyone else. :D

The way your Makeys moved to Grims Quarry is the way I always have my sims move: stuff from storage boxes/bookshelves/fridge into personal inventories and other stuff (including the garden) in family inventory. Then I "Sell Furniture." If I'm understanding your problem, you're losing items on the lot even when you select "Keep Furniture"?
Moving's a pain for sure both for our sims and irl.  And your Gen1 has already moved twice, yes?

I was sad to see Michael roasting his hot dog in a normal fashion during their second Weenie Roast. :(
Did you mean a 2nd chess set to sell at the shop?
If you wanted one at the shop for family use, couldn't you temporarily pack your first one (with chairs) in family inventory then place it in your shop?
If you're wanting a 2nd chess table to sell in your shop, please ignore me, lol!

Regarding your collection requirement for "All Fabricated Furniture/Decor," I guess you're deliberately excluding upgrade parts and the items available from the Green Technician career?
Renato doesn't have all the "Enthuse about Fabrication blueprints," at least I know he can't fabricate a desk yet.
But he can currently fabricate 31 unique items, including the 3 Eco Invention Concepts and four food recipes that are promotion rewards from the Green Tech career.
Michael can contribute by fabricating his career-related blueprints, couldn't he?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 1.7: Everything I Do (11-May)
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2024, 04:50:13 AM »
Jade and Jet are so adorable!  As they're both violet-eyed redheads, you will have a tough choice for the next heir.
Unless of course one has more fitting traits for the next gen's requirements.
When I read that your next gen has "only on trait requirement," I was tempted to scour your future generations to see if I could identify which one you're doing next.
Somehow, I managed to resist that urge so I'll be eagerly anticipate the surprise of the next heir's adventures like everyone else. :D

The way your Makeys moved to Grims Quarry is the way I always have my sims move: stuff from storage boxes/bookshelves/fridge into personal inventories and other stuff (including the garden) in family inventory. Then I "Sell Furniture." If I'm understanding your problem, you're losing items on the lot even when you select "Keep Furniture"?
Moving's a pain for sure both for our sims and irl.  And your Gen1 has already moved twice, yes?

I was sad to see Michael roasting his hot dog in a normal fashion during their second Weenie Roast. :(
Did you mean a 2nd chess set to sell at the shop?
If you wanted one at the shop for family use, couldn't you temporarily pack your first one (with chairs) in family inventory then place it in your shop?
If you're wanting a 2nd chess table to sell in your shop, please ignore me, lol!

Regarding your collection requirement for "All Fabricated Furniture/Decor," I guess you're deliberately excluding upgrade parts and the items available from the Green Technician career?
Renato doesn't have all the "Enthuse about Fabrication blueprints," at least I know he can't fabricate a desk yet.
But he can currently fabricate 31 unique items, including the 3 Eco Invention Concepts and four food recipes that are promotion rewards from the Green Tech career.
Michael can contribute by fabricating his career-related blueprints, couldn't he?
Ha ha - when I mentioned the 1 trait, I wondered if you'd take the bait. I know I'm reading carefully whenever Winona is doing something in your story.

Yes - the "Keep Furniture" for my Sims gets rid of all their furniture anyway but leaves them without it's financial gain  :-\  I haven't tried "Sell Furniture" because we definitely want to keep it in this gen. So - all furniture/decor/plants/etc have to be moved into the household inventory to keep it.

Yes, I thought another chess set at the store to skill on would be good. You're right - I hadn't considered them taking their home one with them. Thanks - I'll do that if they need it.

We have fabricated some of the food but I'm not requiring that or the upgrades although they are making plenty of eco-upgrades for ... plans! Dawn got the desk and extra couch (indoor/outdoor?) plans from interacting with Tina Tinkler. Fabricating at the Maker Space and interacting with the Mentors there seem to get the extra plans. I will have Michael contribute his Green Technician plans when he's got them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.8: Candle(s) In The Wind
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2024, 12:03:48 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.8: Candle(s) In The Wind

Previously: The Makeys had a week of Toddlers but got the Port Promise neighbourhood to be Green before their Child birthdays.
Residence: Rockridge Springs, Grims Quarry, Evergreen Harbour
(Challenges: Reduce & Recycle; Off-Grid; Simple Living)

1.7.family.jpg

Jet: I don’t know why Daddy was making such a big deal about milking Freesia. He said I’d have to be patient and not mind if she kicks the bucket over. But she’s as good as gold for me. Mind you, I’m not sure I like milk. It’s yucky.

1.8.1.jpg

Kyoko: I thought when you asked me here that you wanted me to look after the twins? This Lounge isn’t really a child-friendly space.
Dawn: They’re busy making friends with some of the adults. Please be a dear and help me get better at the Violin. I really want grade 8.
Kyoko: You Legacy families! You pretend you want a Nanny and then just farm us for Mentoring!

1.8.2.jpg

Michael: Look, I’m sorry we don’t sell shoes. Maybe a nice dragonfruit?
Jeb: Er…I don’t know.
Michael: Look, time’s ticking. Buy them before we have to close!
Jeb: Er…

1.8.3.jpg

Jet: I’m glad Mummy made us a violin each.
Jade: Yeah – we get excluded from the house together!
Jet: We are making a terrible noise, aren’t we?
Jade: Yep! Isn’t it great?

1.8.5.jpg

Jade: Another clump of weeds.
Jet: But I’m glad we can fish near home. Daddy says there were no fishing spots at our last home.
Jade: The fish we have caught can go straight in the fridge. Hey, is it your turn or mine to add some ice?
Jet: Yours! It’s always your turn.
Jade: Yeah, right!

1.8.6.jpg

Michael: Is that another candle?
Dawn: Yes. My third undyed, rectangular candle for this client. I’m so bored with them. If only they’d pay extra for dyes, I wouldn’t mind.
Michael: They are dull, but you make them beautifully. Better than this barstool I’m knocking out.
Dawn: Yes, but once you’ve done that, we’ll both be ready for GeekCon!
Michael: Yes! That’s going to be one amazing day.

1.8.8.jpg

Jet: I can’t believe Mummy and Daddy went to GeekCon without us.
Jade: But we both got A’s at school.
Jet: One thing I don’t understand is how they both got to make 5 trips into space in just one day.
Jade: Maybe they went up together?
Jet: Nah! Only one person can go up at a time. I wonder what they saw up in space.
Jade: Daddy said they didn’t have much time to look outside.
Jet: What a waste!
Jade: Yeah!

1.8.11.jpg

Jet: I’m just going to swing across once and then go and meet some people.
Jade: But you’re the Active one and Watcher wants us to do this 3 times.
Jet: Watcher can go suck an egg! I’m off to play with the dollshouse.
Jade: She’s gonna be mad!

1.8.14.jpg

Emilia: Hello, Jade.
Dawn: Jade! Come over here.
Jade: But I was just going to do a respectful introduction, like you taught us.
Dawn: Come over here, right now.
Jade: OK.
Emilia: I just wanted to say “hello”
Dawn: I’m sick and tired of all your spam calls, asking me to duel you. I finally got your fiancé Darrell to stop but you’ve taken over. And now you’re targeting my daughter? You should be ashamed of yourself!

1.8.15.jpg

Michael: Happy Birthday, Dawn.
Jet: Yay! Mummy!
Jade: I’m going to stand up to throw confetti.
Dawn: This is so much better than my last birthday – my wonderful family around me.

1.8.16.jpg

Jet: You walk the plank!
Jade: No, you walk the plank! We’ve got to play on our own up here, Watcher says.
Jet: OK, I’ll walk the plank and get down, but I get to sleep in here first! Right?
Jade: OK.

1.8.19.jpg

Michael: Come on, guys! I know you can see my design this time. What do you think?
Lucas (cap): To be honest, man, I’ve just come here to see what you sell in this junk store.
Candi: Is it a contraption for roasting hotdogs because I know you need help with that.
Michael: Guys! This is revolutionary stuff – vital to our Simverse!

1.8.10.jpg

Dawn: Not every parent brings their children with them on their dates.
Michael: Not every parents has such entertaining kids. Look at them, dancing in sync without even trying.
Dawn: And those awful jokes they tell? We couldn’t stop laughing.
Michael: We’ve made great kids!
Dawn: Yes, we have.

1.8.25.jpg

Progress End of Week 8 (Year 1, Summer 4/4)

1.8.family.jpg

Founders
Dawn Makey: Founder
– Adult (39 days to Elder)
Traits: Creative, Freegan, Outgoing +Cheerful+Self-Assured+Family-Oriented
Spouse: Michael
Michael (Marlowe) Makey: Founders Spouse –Adult (34 days to Elder)
Green Fiend, Active, Loves Outdoors +Proper+Cheerful+Genius; Career – Civil Designer:Green Technician 8/10

Generation 2
Jade: Heir?
(twin) – Child (7 days to Teen)
Traits: Creative ; Llamacorn Scout
Aspirations: Artistic Prodigy, Whiz Kid, Rambunctious Scamp, Mind&Body, Creative Genius

Jet: Heir? (twin) – Child (7 days to Teen)
Traits: Active ; Llamacorn Scout
Aspirations: Artistic Prodigy, Whiz Kid, Rambunctious Scamp, Creative Genius

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Priorities: Dawn needs 3 more Freelance gigs and Michael needs 2 more promotions. Plus their respective collections – they really need a Surfer Frog!

It was funny to get Jeb Harris at the store. I’d been hoping Dawn would meet him there as a Teen. Without the bag, he’s a good-looking guy and I was considering him as spouse material. He never showed up before, though. Obviously I knew where to find him – at the Harris residence – but Dawn had to meet her spouse while Dumpster Diving, Crafting or Selling.

I was too busy to take photos at GeekCon, hustling Dawn and Michael to join the 500mile high club 5 times. I didn’t think they’d do it in one day but they were troopers! *Full Disclosure* - to get Nerd Brain, the family had to buy a rocket kit. I’m hoping someone will buy it at the store once there’s space to place it, assuming it can be Set For Sale. That and the treehouse when they’re done with it.

With Rally the Troops, getting Llamacorn Scout and several of the other aspirations was child’s play, literally. Both with A’s at school, my requirements for early age-up have been met but I haven’t thought through the timeline yet. Dawn, with Michael’s help, has a few more things to knock off her list so…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 1.8: Candle(s) In The Wind (13-May)
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2024, 04:51:11 PM »
How clever to have Dawn and Michael both complete their five space missions simultaneously!
Renato also has an untouched rocket ship kit in his family inventory.  He's been waiting for the children to age up to help out in the store.

What timing for Jeb Harris to finally show up!  But Michael was a great Gallery find!  Dawn and Michael have such lovely kids!
I'm a bit partial to Jet because he resembles his father so much. Of course, appearances can change so much at the teen birthday.

No luck looking for frogs at the big parks?  Best wishes on find that row of surfer frogs!
By the way, is that their house where Jade is with Emilia?  I'm thinking their house is huge or the family's at Celebration Center...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2024, 05:34:58 PM »
I've always found it really easy to complete the Frog Collection previously- get one of each base and one of each variety, then crossbreed until complete. I've never had a whole variety be unavailable before!

Yes, the family visited the celebration centre to do some stomping when Emilia happened along. She and Darrel are quite persistent with duelling challenges. Grace has started too! Dawn really doesn't like it!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2024, 10:09:06 PM »
So smart to send them up in the rocketship together!
Candi's question about the smog vacuum possibly being for roasting hotdogs was pretty funny.
Darn that frog! It is irritating when one variety plays hard to get like that! But I'm sure you'll find one. Are you allowed to add a pond to your lot?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 01:11:42 AM »
So smart to send them up in the rocketship together!
Candi's question about the smog vacuum possibly being for roasting hotdogs was pretty funny.
Darn that frog! It is irritating when one variety plays hard to get like that! But I'm sure you'll find one. Are you allowed to add a pond to your lot?
Add a pond to the lot! What a great idea - it's too late now but I'll remember that for future. Or not - memory is not my strong suit! Lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2024, 09:55:10 AM »
Adding a pond to the home lot isn't6 that great for collecting frogs because, I've found, it doesn't offer a variety.
If I were the Makeys, I would hit the main parks: Magnolia Blossom Park, Desert Bloom Park, and The Bramblewood.
With four Makeys looking for frogs, they're bound to catch a Surfer frog that same day.

The home pond is fabulous, though, for stocking with Tuna or other pricey fish to use for fertilizer.
It's also useful for helping household members level their fishing skill and for herding "not-as-useful" household members.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2024, 11:46:39 AM »
Adding a pond to the home lot isn't6 that great for collecting frogs because, I've found, it doesn't offer a variety.
If I were the Makeys, I would hit the main parks: Magnolia Blossom Park, Desert Bloom Park, and The Bramblewood.
With four Makeys looking for frogs, they're bound to catch a Surfer frog that same day.

The home pond is fabulous, though, for stocking with Tuna or other pricey fish to use for fertilizer.
It's also useful for helping household members level their fishing skill and for herding "not-as-useful" household members.
Someone found a Surfer frog now, so we're all good. They'd been hitting Oasis and Willow Creek parks but I hadn't thought to try Bramblewood pond.

Got to go - there's a bit of drama going on in the Makey household  :o

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.9: It’s My Party
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2024, 11:46:40 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.9: It’s My Party

Previously: The twins, Jade & Jet, helped more with the animals, plants and fishing; Dawn & Michael made the Earth move in a rocket at GeekCon which was better than making candles.

1.8.family.jpg

Dawn: We got our last eco NAP – Upcycling – passed this week. People will be encouraged to upgrade their appliances rather than just send them to landfill and buy new ones. It’s really going to make a difference. That was some good news. But the bad news was that those Spellcasters were becoming more intrusive. I think Darrell Charm standing around outside our home counts as stalking, don’t you? I saw Siobhan Fyres remonstrating with him but he didn’t take any notice.

1.9.2.jpg

Bess: Well, this is a nice surprise! Have you come to discuss my business opportunities?
Dawn: Erm
Bess: For just $5k, you could be involved in an exciting new project with the potential to make millions.
Jade: Millions of what?
Bess: Bread! Dough! Bacon! Bucks! Ponies! Monkeys!
Jet: That’s a lot of stuff we don’t really need a million of.
Bess: Money. I’m talking money.
Michael: Oh! No. We’re just here to upgrade your appliances – for free!
Bess: For free? Knock yourself out.
Jade: Tell me more about making lots of money.

1.9.4.jpg

Jade: So you can buy anything here at knock down prices.
Customer: But isn’t it all stuff you can get for free?
Jade: Not free. We had to work for it.
Customer: OK, I’ll have a little something…
Jade: $700 for my first yard sale – ka-ching!

1.9.6.jpg

Dawn: I was so pleased to finish that fifth candles gig. No more working for the man! I do want to do another load of candles though. The bees only produce wax every other day and I’ve used up my supplies. We shouldn't have grafted our soy plant with other veg plants because it stopped producing soy wax, but this local plant will provide what I need.

1.9.7.jpg

Michael: Some of our upgrades weren’t always welcome. I had a work task to install a composting toilet so I did it at Tina’s place. We put out the fire straight away and Watcher replaced their loo but Tina’s daughter was not impressed.

1.9.10.jpg

Dawn: I want to make some more items for the house – you know it would be nice to have a dresser in each bedroom.
Michael: Good idea. I want to make more jewellery now I’ve got my top promotion and finally made a Smog Vacuum. I’ll submit more blueprints but not too often. I’ve got ideas for a hydroponic planter and an amazing rug design.
Dawn: You know, the kids don’t have much to do now. I’m worried they’ll get into trouble if they get bored. Jade has already manoeuvred me into giving up as leader of our family Club.
Michael: Tell me about it! Leadership passed to me and then she asked to take over. I can’t say “no” to either of them, to be honest.
Dawn: Hm. And Jet keeps stopping his homework to exercise. Maybe they need to learn a bit of responsibility. They could age up early?
Michael: Maybe on Thursday?

1.9.13.jpg

Michael: With the kids at their last day of school, Dawn worked the crowds while I repaired all these dumpster finds. Some of them sold as soon as I fixed them. What an amazing device I have designed. If only my earlier plans had been good enough! Still, I’m at the top of my career now – a full-on Eco Innovator!

1.9.14.jpg

Jade: Ah – Thursday – and we got the day off school. I’d finished all my chores, fed the chickens and sang to the birds. I’d even weeded although I get no Gardening skill for doing that. This afternoon is our birthday party. I couldn’t wait!

1.9.17.jpg

Jet: What do you think?
Jade: I think you’ve got Mum’s hair!
Jet: Yeah – I wonder what she’s gonna say. You look nice, by the way. But is that your party outfit?
Jade: Hm – yes. Not very party-like, is it?

1.9.18.jpg

Dawn: I can take a joke as much as the next person but, no Jet, you can’t keep that hair. And you’re Lactose Intolerant now?
Jet: Yes. I can’t drink milk and, even though there’s no milk in the honey cake, that made me feel ill too!
Dawn: I’ve been meaning to go plant-based for some time now and this clinches it. I think we’ll have to trade in the animals.
Jet: Jade is gonna hate me!

1.9.19.jpg

Michael: What are we going to do about Jade? She hates her wardrobe. She’s mad at Jet for causing us to go plant-based…
Dawn: I'm more concerned that she invited Emilia to the party. Those wretched Spellcasters.
Michael: What about Bess Sterling, though? Ever since she met her, she's become too focussed on how to make money, asking why we can't do things in a more technological way.
Dawn: She needs to come to terms with living in a sustainable way. She Loves Outdoors, for goodness sake. Surely she can see that some sacrifices are worth making.
Michael: But her wardrobe? Couldn’t we…?
Dawn: That’s what she was given. They’re all practical clothes.
Michael: Hm..

1.9.23.jpg

Meanwhile…
Emilia: What’s the matter, Jade? I thought this was your party.
Jade: Mine and Jet’s. But my cow Freesia and all my chicken friends have been traded away for ingredients. I miss them so much and I’m really mad at stupid Lactose Intolerant Jet.
Emilia: It’s tough to lose a pet.
Jade: Mum says pets are unsustainable. If they don’t give us food, we can’t justify keeping them. And then there’s my clothes…
Emilia: Ah – yes. I wasn’t going to say anything but they’re a little…dull, aren’t they!
Jade: Mum says they’re fine but…it’s the Prom on Saturday…
Emilia: You want something a bit…extra? I tell you what. Meet me on Saturday morning at the Thrift Store. We’ll find you something that’s nice for the Prom.

1.9.24.jpg

Michael: Here you go, sweetheart.
Jade: What is it?
Michael: I know you wanted something nice for the Prom so I made you a necklace. It’ll help people around you feel happy if you keep it charged.
Jade: Oh Dad! Thank you so much. It’ll look great with whatever I find at the Thrift Store.
Michael: Thrift Store? You’ve got a Prom outfit already.
Jade: Please Dad! I made all that money at the yard sale.
Michael: OK, here’s the cash. Let’s not tell your mother. Oh and we agreed that you could have any of the ingredients that came from the animal trades to plant in your own section of the garden. You can even use the hydroponic planter I’ve made.
Jade: Thanks Dad – you’re the best.

1.9.26.jpg

Jade: On Friday, we took another day off because we didn’t want to study for our exams. High School can wait until Monday. We went to the library early in the morning to do some reading but I found some snapdragons, roses, apples and pears outside. They’re not as good as the ones we’ve already grown but I want to show Mum & Dad that I can earn my way. Not only that, I found a Surfer frog in a log! Mum was thrilled.

1.9.27.jpg

Dawn: I was pleased to see Jade taking some responsibility for things. Teen years are a difficult time but I had to manage on my own with so little. She’s got it easy by comparison.
I was enthusing about Fabrication to Dina and she shared a Wall Light design with me. They are great – low profile but high intensity. We’ve managed with low lighting for too long. I might even make some for the store so we can open after dark.

1.9.30.jpg

late Friday night
Jade: Glimmerbrook! Mum doesn’t want us to go near this place but, I’ve got to know what’s there.

1.9.38.jpg

Hali’a: Ah – the Mistura child – at last!
Jade: Mistura child? I’m a Makey. And I’m not a child. I’m a Teen.
Hali’a: You are what you are, child. Are you ready?
Jade: Ready for what?
Hali’a: To embrace your destiny, child!

1.9.39.jpg

Jade: Oh…wow…I mean….stop….no…don’t stop…argh!

1.9.40.jpg

Jade: Thanks for meeting me here. I wanted to tell you….
Emilia: About your Rite of Ascension? We all know about it, Jade. The Spellcaster community all feel it when magic is released. We’re so pleased for you.
Jade: But Mum…
Emilia: ...Always denied her Spellcaster heritage and we’ve been the poorer for that. But you will be a strong caster. Now, about that dress…

1.9.50.jpg

Jade: I love this one. Thanks for picking it out for me. The sparkles round the bottom…although the heels are hard to walk in…
Emilia: It looks lovely.
Jade: You don’t think it’s too much?
Emilia: Not at all. By the way, and I don’t know why your mother hasn’t told you this, you can change any of your wardrobe at any time.
Jade: That would be expensive…this dress cost nearly all Dad gave me.
Emilia: No, Jade. You can have up to 5 outfits in each category free of charge – anything you like! Plus you can change other stuff too. Talk to your Watcher…

1.9.49.jpg

Jade: And I’m going to do it, too!
Jet: I don’t need to change my clothes.
Jade: No – you lucked out. But I’m going to go wild.
Jet: Mum won’t like it.
Jade: There’s a few things about me she won’t like. You know, I think she was secretly pleased our Prom got cancelled! Saved the expense of….nothing at all!
Jet: She’s not that bad, Jade. Keep a sense of proportion. Besides, she and Watcher have been busy remodelling our home. Aren’t you glad we’ve got separate bedrooms now?
Jade: You’ve got that right. Now we’re Teens…

1.9.51.jpg

Progress End of Week 9 (Year 1, Autumn 1/4)

1.9.family.jpg

Founders
– Adult (32 days to Elder)
Michael (Marlowe) Makey: Founders Spouse –Adult (27 days to Elder)
Green Fiend, Active, Loves Outdoors +Proper+Cheerful+Genius

Generation 2
Jade: Heir
(twin) – Teen (19 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors
Jet: Spare (twin) – Teen (19 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Active, Lactose Intolerant

Notes
Priorities: More guerilla upgrades; Michael to unlock the Flowers and Flora Rug blueprint and find the 2 remaining crystals (would you believe one is the Common Base Game Rose?); Dawn to max Violin and breed remaining frogs.

The house now meets the requirements, with at least one light and one item of décor in each room, all with floor and wall coverings. It’s not great design but that’s more down to my personal restrictions to fall in line with Dawn’s eco-penny-pinching. It won’t be their forever-home. Once Gen 2 move out, it’s far too big.

1.9.house.jpg

I’ve knocked out the aim to get all lots up to a Green Eco Footprint.
Dawn & Michael have done eco upgrades on all possible items in some houses and I have gone in to replace industrial items with green ones, working fireplaces with fake ones plus a radiator; add solar panels & windmills; add green roofs and replaced concrete with grass. Even swapping Neutral items like windows to Green ones.
Googling around, I think it’s only possible to get the eco-status of a lot changed if you actually spend a significant amount of time there. For example, the family spend regular time at the maker space which has transferred to green. If there’s time in the coming week, I’ll get them to spend more time at the Evergreen Bar to see if that toggles it.

Jade is to be the Gen 2 Heir. Although Jet being Active wasn’t a barrier, Jade being Creative will help a lot in the next generation so I was leaning towards her.
It was sealed by her rolling Loves Outdoors (from Michael). I usually avoid Lactose Intolerant (despite or because I am myself!)  but rolling it played into justifying the trading away of the animals. Jet and Jade do need to mend their relationship though. Jet wants to move out with Jade when it’s time.

gen 1-2 genetics.jpg

I am following Oshizu's lead, in that Jade will only be allowed to take plants that she has sourced herself, including those she manages to evolve before moving out and the ones received by trading in her beloved animals.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 1.9: It’s My Party (15-May)
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2024, 01:39:13 PM »
In my first attempt at the Rival Dynasties Challenge, Sergio Romeo was one of the three dynasty spouses.
Oddly enough, my second attempt saw Sergio constantly walking back and forth past each dynasty house, as if to remind me that he's still available to jump in as a dynasty spouse.
I'd thought at the time that the game remembers, across saves, which townies I tend to interact with.

So, okay, that might explain why Darrel Charm often shows up in the Makey simverse.
But why the heck is he always phoning my Costas about going to duel in the Magic Realm?  LOL! He must know we've been talking about him.
No wonder Emilia left him in my simverse to go live with Morgan in Sulani, haha.

I literally LOL'ed at the shot of Olivia Tinker (was that her name) on the flaming toilet!
Also, Jet honestly looks very attractive in "Dawn's hair." But I like the hair his Watcher later chose for him even better. What a handsome lad!
(Could I somehow convince you to upload Jet to the Gallery at some point? Pretty please?)

So...Glimmerbrook. Uh huh, I see what's going on now. :D
Jade has her lovely green Prom gown. I wonder if she'll be going with Jet?

I miss Renato already! Actually, I really miss his Smog Vacuum. I was super tempted to have Renato give it to her before she moved out.
It could've been a family heirloom, passed down from one generation to the next, hehe.
So much progress made in the greening of Evergreen Harbor!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2024, 03:00:44 AM »
Darrell, Emilia and now Grace are all spamming Dawn. I'm wondering if they'll switch their focus to Jade now.

I get all sorts of people hanging around outside the legacy house cheering and also spamming to take up new careers. It's the Pristine Reputation, I think. It's better than the fans - I've switched off Fame - but it's a bit disconcerting.

It's Olive Tinker - I couldn't remember until you suggested Olivia. Poor girl. She's cute-looking but her traits are rubbish!

From your Smog Vacuum comment - I think I may have underused it. I've got the smog-sucking and repairing dumpster finds. Does it have other functionality or is Winona still dumpster diving?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2024, 04:02:50 AM »
That's funny you should mention Emilia.  Wherever Renato's family went, Emilia would show up.
She wouldn't always engage, but she would be there wandering around.
The oddest time was when the family went to Forgotten Hollow to see where the vampire plants spawned.
The Costas were there late at night for several hours, waiting for the plants to sprout.  Meanwhile,
Emilia walked around aimlessly through Forgotten Hollow.

I set the Front Door to No Trespassing...Solicitors. Most of the time, the front gate is locked to everyone except household members.
I still have the Opt Out of Fame setting disabled, because it was messing with my restaurants before. Has that been fixed, do you know?

No, no. Renato only used it for repairing burnt items and Winona isn't dumpster diving but she's been broke all week.
I just thought it was so cool watching the burnt items become functional again. Of course, since Winona's under different rules, she could just use Repairio...

I guess that's a no on Jet.  No problem. I merely thought it would be fun to have him as a neighbor to a future Costa generation or perhaps featuring in a future challenge...
I'm almost done with Week 9, gotta run! LOL.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2024, 04:22:14 AM »
I guess that's a no on Jet.  No problem. I merely thought it would be fun to have him as a neighbor to a future Costa generation or perhaps featuring in a future challenge...
I'm almost done with Week 9, gotta run! LOL.
Jet (& his family) have just been uploaded to the gallery as "Makey Legacy Family"

Sorry for the delay - I was replying from my phone but have just got back on my laptop. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.10: It’s Getting Better
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2024, 11:16:56 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 1.10: It’s Getting Better

Previously: Dawn and Michael did some welcome (and some not so welcome) Upgrades in the Evergreen residences; Jade got her first taste of making money; the twins aged into Loves Outdoors Jade and Lactose Intolerant Jet; the animals were traded in for ingredients; Jade became a Spellcaster and got help in the wardrobe department; Jet looked cool.

1.9.family.jpg

Jade: I know Mum says these Fabricated Wall Lights are more intense but it’s still pretty dim in here. When I have my own house, I’m going to flood it with light! It must be time to breed another frog!

1.10.1.jpg

Jade: Here’s my garden. Out of season plants under the eaves and my Apple tree in the little planter. I know which produce is mine because it’s all Normal at the moment but my Sulani Mana helps one plant a day and I’m Fertilizing them all.

1.10.2.jpg

Dawn: So you want to move out with Jade?
Jet: Not forever, Mum, but it’s the best way to find someone of my own, for when I’m a Young Adult.
Dawn: You’re a good lad, most of the time. Anyone would be lucky to have you.
Jet: I know! I’m already getting requests to go online!
Watcher: One request – just one!
Dawn: You can’t go online – we’re Off-The-Grid, remember?
Jet: In my future home, we’re going to have full internet access! Time to breed a new frog!

1.10.3.jpg

Jet: I don’t understand why Jade loves throwing Yard Sales. They’re so boring although I suppose you get to meet lots of people. Maybe I’ll get to be a Friend of the World just as easily as she did. She’s put these strange Orbs on here. I wonder where she got them. They’re quite valuable. I’m sure she should be doing something more useful than sitting chatting. Mum’s maxing out her Violin skills and getting tipped to do it!

1.10.4.jpg

Jade: So you want to buy the Romance bucket?
Hill: Yes please. Didn’t I meet you at the Magical HQ? You look different, though.
Jade: Oh yes. I finally found out that I could have 5 outfits in each category for free. So that’s what I’ve got – with different hairstyles for each one – usually with a fringe though.

1.10.7.jpg

Dawn: I understand you’re itching  to start your own generation, Jade but you need to be patient.
Jade: But it’s taking so long.
Dawn: Your Dad is making that Flowers & Flora Rug so that will complete that collection and I’ve finally got the last frog. We just need that final crystal and then we’ll move back to Port Promise to get that back to Green again. Goodness knows what they’ve been doing to let it slip back to Neutral.
Jade: You’ve not said anything about my new wardrobe.
Dawn: It’s very nice, dear. I assume those are stick-on ears. You can play at being a Spellcaster if you like. After all, I made you and Jet those play wands and broomsticks when you were children. But don’t go mixing with the real thing. They’re dangerous and debauched.
Jade: Debauched?
Dawn: I heard they dance around their cauldrons in the altogether – your Dad would throw a fit if he thought you were going to try that!

1.10.8.jpg

Jade: Almost immediately Mum told me not to mess with them, Jun invited me for a duel. Watcher said, even though it wasn’t really time, I should go anyway. He beat me, no problem. It hurt in the moment but I got up, no problem. It’s just made me more determined to get better. While I was there, the Sages gave me more potions and taught me new stuff. I searched in the bookcases for tomes again but I only find Orbs! If only I were allowed to buy them at the shop I’ve heard about. No dancing around cauldrons, naked. Not that I saw!

1.10.10.jpg

Jet: I found this rocket kit hidden away. I don’t know why it was hidden. Me and Jade have been fixing it up round the back of the house. I can’t believe Mum & Dad haven’t spotted it yet.

1.10.12.jpg

Jade: The birds are my only animal friends now. I sing to them every day and exchange gifts. I get a lot of wool from them and they like the eggs we’ve got left. Oh – my poor chickens….

1.10.13.jpg

Jade: Hi fellow students!
Jet: Hey!
Evie: Are those Spellcaster ears I see?
Jade: Yeah! Mum said I should cover them up for High School but I’m not ashamed of what I am.
Jet: They’re just stick-on
Jade: Are not! CAS is a wonderful thing, my dear twin!
Pierce: You guys are weird. Cool – but weird.

1.10.17.jpg

Dawn: What are all these smoking bottles on the coffee table?
Jade: They’re my potions, Mum. I’m Repairio-ing them. I could do that to the burnt dumpster finds too, you know.
Dawn: How many times do I have to tell you, Jade? Magic is dangerous. You could get cursed, or worse!
Jade: Mum!
Dawn: No – I won’t hear another word. No magic in my house!

1.10.18.jpg

Jet: Oh – ow – argh!

1.10.19.jpg

Michael: Look, I know Jet’s just crashed his rocket but he’s OK.
Grim: Why am I here, then?
Michael: I was just trying out this jet crystal bangle.
Grim: Not another one – but, jet? I’ve come for Jet?
Michael: No! No! No! I know it’s confusing. We named the kids after crystal so…Jet. But it’s this jet crystal that called you.
Grim: I’m not sure I like this new gameplay functionality. I feel…somehow…less!

1.10.20.jpg

Jade: Come on, bro.
Jet: I’m still sore from that crash. What’s the rush?
Jade: I’m going to ace my second day of school so I can graduate. I can’t make money there and there’s so many more interesting things I could do.
Jet: OK, I would like more time to exercise…

1.10.21.jpg

Dawn: A bassinet, Caleb? Am I to understand that congratulations are in order?
Caleb: No – I’m a confirmed bachelor in this Simverse without those mods. Unless your daughter…?
Dawn: Leave Jade alone. She’s got other problems I’m trying to sort out for her.
Caleb: Just a violin then. Much more my style than a bassinet.

1.10.22.jpg

Michael: I finally got my last crystal – a Plumbite – luminous green. It was hiding in the sink! Anyway, here I am crafting a yellow gnome. I just know it will let me reach my aspiration of being a Crystal Crafter.
Watcher: And it did!

1.10.26.jpg

Jade: Both Jet and I had upgraded our not-so-secret rocket and gone on a few flights. Mum hasn’t said anything about it. Actually, she’s hardly talking to me at all these days. She did like us running Yard Sales for some of the items we’ve found and made. We took it in turns to run a Yard Sale while the other upgraded the 4 bathrooms in this Market Space. And we’re both Nerd Brains now.

1.10.27.jpg

Michael: With the house in Grims Quarry complete to Watcher’s requirements, we decided to move to Knox Greenburg’s old residence, Portmouth Promenade. He died a while back, we’re not sure why. Still, we couldn’t believe the atmosphere had gone Industrial in our absence. With all the Eco NAPs passed, what had gone wrong?
I quickly vacuumed up one load of smog and we went Neutral. Another load and it stayed Neutral. I really hope we can clean this up before the other Neighbourhoods deteriorate.

1.10.34.jpg

Jade: Ow – that stings. I thought you’d at least train me a bit before inviting me to duel!
Emilia: This is training. You’ve got to learn to keep your guard up!
Jade: Like this?
Emilia: Good girl! Now try that other thing I taught you?
Jade: Swirly, swirly, point & push, lift up high….and ZAP!
Emilia: Ow! Yes – just like that. Well done. But try not to say the instructions out loud next time. It works but it’s not cool.

1.10.36.jpg

Kim: I’m sorry, love, but I’ve got an agreement with your mother – Dawn – right? I can only sell you sugar and flour.
Jade: Ah well, you see, all three neighbourhoods in Evergreen Harbour are now Green so I have taken over as heir and I’m changing the rules!
Kim: Um….Watcher?
Watcher: It’s OK, Kim. She’s sorting out a few inventory surpluses. Do what she asks.
Jade: Right – now we’ve sorted that out – here’s all our produce and stuff. What can you buy?
Kim: Well, most of this…are you sure? Can’t you use any of it yourself?
Jade: I’ve got a few things I’ve found or earned but this is the family’s stuff. If I sell it, me and Jet will have plenty of dosh for our new home from our share.
Kim: Well – that all comes to $53,830! Wow – is a bank transfer OK?

1.10.40.jpg

Jade: So I got £53,830 for all the stuff you don’t want.
Dawn: What?!?!
Jade: Don’t worry, I left all the edibles in the fridge. But you didn’t want the milk anymore. And you said you didn’t want the flowers. They take ages to sell at the store or on a Vendors table. Kim was really pleased with all the new stock. Plus I got some new flowers from Mrs Crumplebottom. Look at these Snowdrops!
Dawn: I don’t believe it. Have I taught you nothing?
Michael: It’s OK, Dawn. The rules have changed now…
Jade: Yes they have. I’ve been to the store and found a buyer for it. They took everything. The rocket that we don't talk about. Even the collectables that Kim didn’t want – all those old fossils and the cheap chairs and beds that nobody wanted.
Michael: The store? Gone?
Jade: Yes – you said you wanted a simpler life. You  can sell things through the Inventory and concentrate on the Simple Living you love so much. I thought you’d be grateful!
Dawn: Grateful! Jade!
Michael: Dawn – stay calm. Jade – you should have talked to us about this.
Dawn. I’m not sure I even know you anymore. You’re like one of those people that knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing!

1.10.42.jpg

Michael: So you’re leaving, just like that?
Jade: I can’t stay here any longer. Mum doesn’t understand and I can’t be me here.
Michael: I’ll talk to your mother. She’ll come round.
Jade: Not enough to share all the money that I’ve brought into the house.
Michael: Don’t push it, Jade. You and Jet can take the $20,000 that every new household gets. Plus you’ve got those frogs you bred and the seeds… Look, you can take some of these crystals too. I don’t know much about Spellcasting but I know crystals. You’ll find a use for them.
Jade: Thanks Dad. Look at that! Mum’s always made it clear who her favourite is…
Michael: She loves you too, honey. One last thing – these bits of jewellery – Watcher wants you to have them.
Jade: Shinolite? What does that do?
Michael: Call us when you find out!

1.10.45.jpg

Jet: Glimmerbrook?
Jade: Yes!
Jet: But it’s Glimmerbrook!
Jade: Look the sun’s shining – it’s a sign!
Jet: But it’s Autumn, in Glimmerbrook.
Jade: OK, Jet, it’s going to be dark and gloomy but I’m the heir so I choose. You just stand there, looking cool.
Jet: Yes I will! 6 Gallery downloads of me already, by the way.
Jade: They could be downloading it for me!
Jet: Yeah right!

1.10.46.jpg

Generation 1 COMPLETE -  FRIDAY of Week 10 (Year 1, Autumn 2/4)

Founders – Portmouth Promenade, Port Promise, Evergreen Harbour
– Adult (27 days to Elder)
Michael (Marlowe) Makey: Founders Spouse –Adult (22 days to Elder)
Green Fiend, Active, Loves Outdoors +Proper+Cheerful+Genius

Generation 2 – Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook
Jade: Heir
(twin) – Teen (14 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors
Aspiration: Friend of the World
Jet: Spare (twin) – Teen (14 days to Young Adult)
Traits: Active, Lactose Intolerant

Notes

Dumpster Diving was fun although the family didn’t do any in this last week, having got all they needed. You’ll see from the list in the spoiler that Comfort items (beds/chairs/sofas) were the most common items with upgrade parts close behind. Surfaces (tables/desks) were a solid 3rd. Comfort and Surface items were burnt more often than not. Plumbing, Appliances and Electronics were always repairable.

Retail Shop Without the Restocking option (restricted by requirements), gaining shop perks was slow and mainly by spamming genuine Customers with “answer questions”, etc. Only Faster Checkouts (small and large) plus Curious Shopper were bought.
Sims designated Loiterer or Socializer were ignored but often bought items anyway. With the aim of maximising income, while restricted to 100% mark-up, only stocking high-end items was worthwhile.

Green Eco-Rating Spending time on Lots is essential to get their Eco-Rating to be Green, despite all upgrades, removing industrial build/buy items and putting in green ones. I was totally dismayed when the family moved back to Port Promise and it was back to Industrial. Also, as soon as Jade & Jet move out of Evergreen Harbour World, both Conifer Station and Port Promise went back to Neutral. It was disappointing but I’m going to draw a line!

Screen Splashes I was poised each time the family bred a frog or harvested crystals to capture a complete collection screen splash. With the frogs, I totally hit the wrong button and with the crystals, Michael found a Plumbite wearing a bangle that lets you find crystals randomly around the house. Ah well – they’ve got the little shields proudly placed in their retirement home.

Jade’s Requirements will be revealed in update 2.1 which will cover the remainder of Week 10 – most of Friday and up to Saturday midnight. Apologies for the 24 hour update - I got really excited about the next gen!