Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5834 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.3: From This Moment (22-May)
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2024, 01:17:11 AM »
It's good catching up on the Makeys!
I was so sad to see Dawn and Jade's falling out, but happy to see them reconciling. Hopefully Dawn will come to see that Spellcasting has its roots in gardening and nature, and while dancing around the cauldron sans garments may not be everyone's cup of tea, there's nothing unnatural about it. 😉 It certainly piqued my interest. If I remember correctly, there's a forum somewhere with a section devoted to mod requests . . . .
How awesome that you found a nice-looking spellcaster townie . . . Jade clearly has a sage on her side.
So . . . NOW I get why Emilia is with Darrell . . . I always wondered about that. 🤣

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.3: From This Moment (22-May)
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2024, 03:27:29 AM »
It's good catching up on the Makeys!
I was so sad to see Dawn and Jade's falling out, but happy to see them reconciling. Hopefully Dawn will come to see that Spellcasting has its roots in gardening and nature, and while dancing around the cauldron sans garments may not be everyone's cup of tea, there's nothing unnatural about it. 😉 It certainly piqued my interest. If I remember correctly, there's a forum somewhere with a section devoted to mod requests . . . .
How awesome that you found a nice-looking spellcaster townie . . . Jade clearly has a sage on her side.
So . . . NOW I get why Emilia is with Darrell . . . I always wondered about that. 🤣
Lol - I am NOT putting in a request for a mod to have spellcasters dancing around cauldrons in their unmentionables!🤣

Poor Emilia - she could do so much better than Darrell, especially with a makeover. I'm really not a fan of that hairdryer-helmet hair she sports.

Jade really lucked out with Ridge, I'm hoping they make sweet nooboos :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.4: Cool For Cats
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2024, 10:22:19 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.4: Cool For Cats

Previously: Jade began collecting Vet Treats and Cowplant Essences; she aged up with Jet, Ridge and Rosalie and they all got engaged…that sounds wrong…and then all got married on Saturday; Jet and Rosalie moved out to Oasis Springs.
Residence: Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook

2.3.family.jpg

Bear: The family have been busy this week, too busy to look after me, but that’s OK because I am Aloof – the epitome of Aloofness, in fact! Not too Aloof to fill you in on this week’s happenings. Mainly because Watcher is also being a bit Aloof and didn’t take many photos!

2.4.1.jpg

Bear: I got taken to Granite Falls again. I had a lovely time as I was Let Out a lot. I also found a nice place to have cat naps in the Ranger Station while Ridge played lullabies for me.

2.4.2.jpg

Bear: Jade and Ridge enjoyed having a proper bed in their cabin. I thought it was for me but they shooed me off it, lots of times, and made it all rumpled!

2.4.3.jpg

Bear: At one point, Jade got very excited about her belly getting bigger. Ridge seemed quite excited too.

2.4.4.jpg

Bear: I did get invited to the Hermit’s cottage and found a nice place to snooze there too. Jade was chatting away with the Hermit who is now a Good Friend of hers. They were talking about a wonderful fertilizer recipe.

2.4.5.jpg

Bear: When we got back home, I got whisked away to visit Jade’s parents in Evergreen Harbour. Her twin brother Jet was there and said that Rosalie had two baby daughters. I got to meet Jade’s sister Madeline and it looked like Dawn had a growing belly too.

2.4.6.jpg

Bear: Jade’s magic got a bit out of hand when she got the Curse of Uncontrollable Charge. She drank a potion to get rid of it straight away, thankfully.  She also drank a herbal fertility potion although I don’t know why?

2.4.7.jpg

Bear: Jade & Ridge had a nice date in Finchwick but Jade’s back started to hurt so they didn’t stay long.

2.4.8.jpg

Bear: Cassia and Daisy appeared. They were very noisy.

2.4.9.jpg

Bear: They got even noisier when they got out of their bassinets. Especially Daisy, who’s a Picky Eater, Early Riser and Doesn’t Like Being Held. Cassia hasn’t got any quirks yet. Although her nappies smell nothing like the cinnamon that comes from the cassia flower.

gen 3 infants.jpg

Week 13 (Year 1, Winter 1/4)
Generation 2 – Magical Florist

Jade: Heir (twin) – Young Adult (22 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Animal Enthusiast +Loyal+Cheerful+Family-Oriented
Ridge (Brant): Spouse – Young Adult (18 days to Adult)
Traits: Music Lover, Insider, Perfectionist +Cheerful+Family-Oriented

Generation 3
Cassia
- Infant (3 days to Toddler)
Sunny
Daisy - Infant (3 days to Toddler)
Cautious, Hates Being Held, Picky Eater, Early Riser

2.4.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
No magical challenges for Jade this week. Ridge got one from his mother-in-law Dawn, but he’s not obliged to accept.

Apologies for the lack of photos or even narrative. The last few days have been a bit busy here. Thankfully Bear took up the reigns, as well as learning to stop 2 bad behaviours.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.4: Cool For Cats
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2024, 10:33:33 AM »
Apologies for the lack of photos or even narrative. [/size]

Hey, just because there is a firm screenshot limit for story posts does not mean you or anyone else should always step right up to that line. Servers cost real money.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2024, 10:39:14 AM »
Apologies for the lack of photos or even narrative. [/size]

Hey, just because there is a firm screenshot limit for story posts does not mean you or anyone else should always step right up to that line. Servers cost real money.
Fair enough - I'll bear that in mind
Usually I have so many it's hard to prune them down...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2024, 02:38:20 PM »

🤣🤣🤣  You say that like you think you're NOT talking to Overachievers!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2024, 04:30:56 PM »
Congrats on the arrival of the third generation!
Daisy and Cassia are so cute!  What will Jade do? Cassia has violet eyes but non-pointy ears, while Daisy has pointy ears but Ridge's gray eyes.

I was surprised to see a ghostly Dawn with a pregnant tummy, then I remembered she drank a Rejuv Potion that misfired.
How long will Dawn's ghostly state last?
Tiva Mistura (Founder's spouse) also turned into a ghost when she drank a Potion of Immortality. She remained a ghost (over a week, at least) until she was given another one.

Last Saturday (Week 12), Jade and Ridge were "26 Days to Adult," so wouldn't they be "19 Days to Adult" on Saturday, Week 13?

Bear: Jade and Ridge enjoyed having a proper bed in their cabin.
What does this mean? At their Glimmerbrook home, they have an improper bed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2024, 02:31:33 AM »
Congrats on the arrival of the third generation!
Daisy and Cassia are so cute!  What will Jade do? Cassia has violet eyes but non-pointy ears, while Daisy has pointy ears but Ridge's gray eyes.

I was surprised to see a ghostly Dawn with a pregnant tummy, then I remembered she drank a Rejuv Potion that misfired.
How long will Dawn's ghostly state last?
Tiva Mistura (Founder's spouse) also turned into a ghost when she drank a Potion of Immortality. She remained a ghost (over a week, at least) until she was given another one.

Last Saturday (Week 12), Jade and Ridge were "26 Days to Adult," so wouldn't they be "19 Days to Adult" on Saturday, Week 13?

Bear: Jade and Ridge enjoyed having a proper bed in their cabin.
What does this mean? At their Glimmerbrook home, they have an improper bed?
It will be interesting- I'm equally in favour of both atm. Having given Jade pointy ears in CAS, I wasn't sure they'd be passed on. I do like the steely grey eyes too...

I thought Dawn should have regained her corporeal state within a few days so Jade dedeathified her and then gave her another immortality potion - forgot to take pics though.

The last episode was done at 9pm on the Saturday  and, for this one, the clock had rolled round to Sunday am which I think explains the discrepancy  I sometimes get caught in the middle of arranging something and lose the moment.

The bed seen in the feeding-nooboos shot was only added just before they arrived. Previously,  the happy couple had managed with a tent!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2024, 03:28:50 AM »
Oh, I understand now what Bear meant now about the happy couple having a real bed! LOL

For your reference, I'm using a mod that causes a Potion of Immortality to grant a sim true immortality; they will never die, regardless of which household I'm playing.
The "normal" Potion of Immortality, I believe, prevents a sim from dying of old age but only if we are playing that sim's household.

I'm sorry but I'm still confused about Jade and Ridge's ages.
According to your updates, they were 26 days to adult at the end of Week 12.
Then, apparently, 8 days passed until Sunday, but they were only 22 days to Adult at the end of the Week 13 update.
That's only a four-day difference although 7 or 8 days had passed from one week to the next. That's what confuses me.
I guess what I'm asking is whether the Week 13 update was a half-wee, which would explain why your couple only aged 4 days instead of 7-8 days.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2024, 10:54:48 AM »
Ridge is 18 days to Adult, so the expected 6-7 day difference.

Jade didn't age during her pregnancy, all of which was  during this week  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2024, 02:52:25 PM »
Ridge is 18 days to Adult, so the expected 6-7 day difference.

Jade didn't age during her pregnancy, all of which was  during this week  :)

My profuse apologies for harassing you about your Gen2 couple's Days to Adult.
I should explain why I'm so obsessed.  At one point, it seemed like Dawn waited a week to get married and our Gen2 heirs were only a week or so apart.
But at the end of Week 13, your Jade is 22 days to Adult and my Winona is 12 days to Adult, so they are roughly 1.5 weeks apart.
That's not so bd, I guess. ;-)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.5: Baby One More Time
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2024, 08:23:04 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 2.5: Baby One More Time

Previously: Jade and Ridge conceived twins while on their honeymoon in Granite Falls; Jade made a Good Friend of the Hermit and learned her secret fertilizer recipe; Cassia and Daisy were born and aged into Infants

2.4.family.jpg

Jade: I’m so sorry, Ridge. But you’d got Hysterical.
Ridge: I know. I was just so playful after watching Bear play with his ball.
Bear: Don’t blame me!
Jade: I know being eaten by the cowplant is yucky but at least you’re not hysterical anymore and now we’ve got your essence of Playfulness. This potion of Emotional Stability should help.
Ridge: Are you sure? I’m not feeling calm at all. It feels like I’ve got all the emotions all at the same time. Argh!
Jade: OK – perhaps go to bed and sleep it off?

2.5.1.jpg

Bear: The twins blew out fire on cake and aged up, both Clingy.
Daisy, with grey eyes, was Destructive with a Good Appetite but was a Light Sleeper. I got into a lot of trouble for waking her up. I still don’t see that it’s my fault.
Cassia, with violet eyes, Loved Sounds and was a Little Singer but she was also a Picky Eater. If I could get at her leftovers plates, I’m sure I’d like to lick them clean.

2.5.2.jpg

Jade: Well, Daisy, if you’re awake, we might as well learn some numbers.
Daisy: Two, One, Nine?

2.5.4.jpg

Bear: Meow
Daisy: Meow?
Bear: Meow!
Daisy: Me me me o wow ow.

2.5.6.jpg

Daisy: Yummy, yummy in my tummy
Cassia: Yucky Yucky, not so lucky

2.5.7.jpg

Jade: With the twins a little bit more independent, I didn’t feel so bad about doing the rounds of the Magical HQ, looking for tomes and buying them, plus the garden stall at Finchwick and the Community gardens in Evergreen Harbour. I never found a Fang Flower in Finchwick but watcher kept emptying this table she’d installed at Evergreen Harbour – just once each visit. Finally, Olivia showed up with a Fang Flower for sale! I even gave her a hug to say thank you. Although she’s a bit of a Goofball so I hope she doesn’t visit.

2.5.7a.jpg

Hill: Hey! You don’t have to strike so hard!
Jade: You challenged me to this duel! Do you realise that my husband was out at work and my Toddlers got whisked away to Daycare?
Hill: You could have married me!
Jade: But you beat me and you’re a lot older. There! Ha! I beat you this time. Now! No more challenges, please.

2.5.8.jpg

Bear: Mew
Ridge: Not again!
Jade: I know. Bear will keep going in this bush and finding all sorts of wildlife.
Ridge: The skunk is particularly annoying!
Jade: Yes. At least when he gets bitten by a squirrel I can just give him a Wellness Treat. Brushing this stink out takes ages.
Ridge: I don’t know why we keep this bush here. It’s more trouble than it’s worth.
Jade: Oh, I don’t know about that….

2.5.9.jpg

Ridge: And then the stinky skunk slunk away, never to be seen again!
Cassia & Daisy: Hooray!

2.5.10.jpg

Friday afternoon
Bear: The twins learnt as much as they possibly could and so they aged up into Goofball Cassia (violet eyes) and Perfectionist Daisy (grey eyes). For some reason, Daisy chose to have the same hairstyle as Cassia had as a Toddler. Cassia got rid of her fringe and got a couple of thin plaits.

2.5.11a.jpg

Bear: I tried to find more wildlife to fight in the bush but it was rocking and making strange noises so I left it well alone!

2.5.13.jpg

Saturday
Jade: Girls, I’ve just taken a pregnancy test and, well, you’re both going to be big sisters!
Daisy: What? You mean…!
Cassia: Congratulations, I guess?
Jade: You could be more enthusiastic…
Daisy: Aren’t we enough for you, Mum?
Jade: We love you both dearly, but you know both me and your Dad became Family-Oriented when we had you. We both wanted another child…
Cassia: That’s cool. Whatever you want, Mum.

2.5.14.jpg

Daisy: I don’t see why you’re so relaxed about it.
Cassia: Mum and Dad want another baby. What’s that to us? It won’t affect us at all.
Daisy: I don’t know about that…
Cassia: Mum and Dad love us and will always love us the most because we’re the best and the first. It’ll be fine. You’ll see.

2.5.15.jpg

Jade: Oh Bear! Not again!
Bear: Mew!

2.5.16.jpg

Week 14 (Year 1, Winter 2/4)
Generation 2 – Magical Florist

Jade: Heir (twin) – Young Adult (15 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Animal Enthusiast +Loyal+Cheerful+Family-Oriented
Ridge (Brant): Spouse – Young Adult (11 days to Adult)
Traits: Music Lover, Insider, Perfectionist +Cheerful+Family-Oriented+Cheerful

Generation 3 - ?
Cassia: Heir
(twin) – Child (13 days to Teen)
Traits: Goofball
Daisy: Spare (twin) – Child (13 days to Teen)
Traits: Perfectionist

2.5.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
I thought Cassia had pointy ears as an Infant but her picture in the last update really didn’t show them. Hence my assumption that I’d been mistaken. Even in her aging up/cake photo, they are indistinct. However, her Spellcaster ears were much more noticeable as a Toddler and still are for her as a Child.

The Gen 3 heir has 3 required traits, none of which can come from her parents. I rolled for both Cassia and Daisy. Cassia got a random one (Generous – not from her parents) and Daisy got Perfectionist (from her father). Consequently, Cassia got assigned Goofball and has now been set as the Gen 3 heir. I think she’s up to the task.

Bear exhibited 1 new bad behaviour – Waking everyone up – which needs to be trained out. He still hasn’t exhibited Knocking Over Trash, Playing in Trash or Eating Human Food. I will not require those to be trained out if he doesn’t exhibit them. Unfortunately fighting wildlife in the bush is not considered bad behaviour so we’ll just have to live with that.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 2.5: Baby One More Time (28-May)
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2024, 01:33:53 PM »
I'm so glad Jade got her Fang Flower! I've never tried putting out tables and visiting them to see what others put out for sale.
Bear is a nice addition - his narrations from his perspective are fun to read.
And the girls are adorable.
I didn't realize pets were so attracted to the bush until I had Heidi in Gen 4 and we were on vacation - I don't typically keep those bushes on the home lot. Heidi was in that bush constantly, but fortunately never ran into a skunk and didn't come out stinking - just piled up a lot of little gifts.
And another baby on the way . . . maybe a boy this time? They are handy for adding grandchildren without adding to the household. In Sims, I mean, in real life, I suggest caution on that one.  😊

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2024, 03:20:56 PM »
I'm so glad Jade got her Fang Flower! I've never tried putting out tables and visiting them to see what others put out for sale.
Bear is a nice addition - his narrations from his perspective are fun to read.
And the girls are adorable.
I didn't realize pets were so attracted to the bush until I had Heidi in Gen 4 and we were on vacation - I don't typically keep those bushes on the home lot. Heidi was in that bush constantly, but fortunately never ran into a skunk and didn't come out stinking - just piled up a lot of little gifts.
And another baby on the way . . . maybe a boy this time? They are handy for adding grandchildren without adding to the household. In Sims, I mean, in real life, I suggest caution on that one.  😊
Oshizu suggested putting out tables at the community gardens. They're generally used by townies to  sell garden-related items. The trouble is that they put their wares out and then  leave them. So I started deleting then reinstating the tables, once per day, to get different wares.
The fang flower wouldn't have been available on Sixam for another 2 weeks - Spring.

Lol - no sons in this rl family so no unknown grandchildren  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2024, 04:37:55 PM »
Daisy and Cassia are both lovely, with either of them making great heirs. However...
How fun that the Makeys and Costas both ended up with Gen3 heirs who share brown hair and violet eyes. :D
Goofball, eh? The temptation to check my spreadsheet is nearly overwhelming, but I shall wait and see how Cassia's life unfold!

How clever of Jade to wait until the twins became children to get pregnant again.
With the Costas, toddler Thyme ended up that annoying "Where's My Attention" thing but it mysteriously vanished as soon as he aged up to a child.
Jade and Ridge won't be dealing with that at all!

So glad that Jade finally got her Fang Flower!
Congrats to Jade on completing her Excellent Flowers/Herbs/Ingredients collection!
Hmmm, Friends of the Animals...another pet?