Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.5: The Winner Takes It All (15-Sep)  (Read 23513 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 6.6: Paperback Writer (6-Sep)
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2024, 02:07:25 AM »
Heartfelt congratulations to Amy on completing her heir requirements in such a timely manner!
Perhaps her generation seemed short because she lived at home past her YA birthday.
Still, she managed to complete all her requirements while her very attractive twin sons were still teens.

I don't see Amy's Batuu records collection in her Progress. Is that because it became an optional collection and not part of her requirements?
Also, Rory's aspiration is City Native, I believe. 
Their initial apartment looks very spacious and colorful!  Looking forward to where Rory chooses to live when he's on his own!
Kudos to you, Watcher, for embaring on your seventh generation! <3

Btw, would Amy and Ivan be allowed to live together now that her requirements are finished? Or do you not envision that as Amy's HEA?
I do like them as a couple...
Thanks for noting the missing/erroneous progress points. I'll edit those.

You've forseen Amy's "project". I did drop a few hints in this update.  Yes, now her gen is officially complete, she is re-wooing Ivan who has always remained her BFF. They have a very small pink bar which I'm sure LoveBug Amy can grow. With Blaze wanting a family, I didn't want to leave Amy all on her lonesome  :)

930 Medina Studios is a nice apartment. The furnishings are mostly re-used items from the Sulani but in different tones in line with Rorys new Green zfiend trait. Rory favours red, Blaze favours orange and Amy likes pink so the bedrooms clash a bit.

Rory will want a balcony at least for his eco preferences or there's the Old Salthouse... I haven't decided yet

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 6.6: Paperback Writer (6-Sep)
« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2024, 12:22:29 PM »
What a perfect idea to have the family move first to Blaze's final home!
I'm so glad that Amy will be getting back with Ivan. He's been so good about visiting the boys so often.
How exciting for the two of them! <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.1: Green Green Grass of Home
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2024, 03:36:20 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.1: Green Green Grass of Home

Previously: Amy completed her Batuu missions, aspiration and scan record collection; Rory got good at Instant Upgrades and knitting; Amy became a Bestselling Author, completing her requirements; Rory graduated as Valedictorian, becoming a Green Fiend in the process; Blaze became Family-Oriented; the boys’ father – Ivan – visited a lot over the week and even when everyone moved to San Myshuno!

L-to-R: Blaze, Amy, Rory
6.6.family.jpg
Residence: 930 Medina Studios, Arts District, San Myshuno

Amy: Look, Blaze, our neighbours have come to welcome us!
Ogoro: I hope you like fruitcake. My wife Chioma made it. Our son Jordyn loves it.
Blaze: I’m sure we’ll love it too. And you are?
Marci (back): It’s me, Marci. I asked your brother Rory to the Prom as friends.
Blaze: And never showed up!
Marci: Because I aged up. Rory wasn't too angry, was he? I know he can get really riled up.
Blaze: As I remember it, he didn’t miss you much at all.
Marci: Oh.

7.1.1.jpg

Amy: I asked Ivan to meet me at the lounge but he zoomed off as soon as he got here. I’ll just send him a flirty selfie.

7.1.2.jpg

Ivan: What are you playing at? I thought you decided long ago that we’d just be friends. I’ve honoured that.
Amy: And been a great Dad to our boys but, things have changed. Till this moment I never knew myself.
Ivan: You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever. (Mr Darcy from Pride & Prejudice)
Amy: My feelings are now quite the reverse…

7.1.3.jpg

Blaze: Hi neighbour. Have you just moved in?
Billie: Yep. My name’s Billie and I want to be a Musical Genius.
Blaze: We’ve got a violin and guitar no-one ever play. Come over any time.
Billie: Thanks

7.1.5.jpg

Billie: So this guy is…
Blaze: My director. I’ve got a small part in a promo. It’s a start for my burgeoning acting career.

7.1.6.jpg

Rory: Oh – I see you’re “getting to know” our new neighbour! I was just taking out the trash. I can't go anywhere without bumping into Mum & Dad acting like randy teenagers or Blaze working on his Family plans.

7.1.8.jpg

Ivan: Why did we never do this before?
Amy: We were too young to really enjoy ourselves.
Ivan: I love you!
Amy: Good! Will you marry me?
Ivan: Of course!

7.1.9.jpg

Amy: Come and help me make our wedding cake.
Ivan: I’ve got no gourmet cooking skills. I’ll watch.
Amy: I really like that you’re over here all the time.
Ivan: Me too. Shall I move in?
Amy: That would be great!

7.1.13.jpg

Billie: Blaze? Is that you?
Blaze: Lame, isn’t it. I’ll be a star one day but now? I’m just a rooster with maxed out Acting.
Billie: Kiss me under the mistletoe?
Blaze: Really? Oh Billie, I’d love to marry you. No wait. Don’t answer. That was too soon. We’ve not talked about children, where to live.
Billie: But what if I want to say “yes”?
Blaze: You do?
Billie: Yes!

7.1.16.jpg

Saturday am
Coral: Just look at that cloud.
Dai: It looks like a puppy. What about that one?
Coral: A bowl of soup. I’m glad we arrived early for the wedding.
Dai: I’m so glad Amy has decided to settle down with Ivan at last.

7.1.18.jpg

Ivan: I know you folks thought this would never happen but she’s finally mine!
Amy: Yes I am.
Coral: Oh I’m overcome with happiness
Imogen: Way to go, sis!

7.1.20.jpg

Sunday
Amy: Ivan! I’m eating for two!
Ivan: ????

7.1.22.jpg

Rory: You know this is my gen, right? Just checking. There’s not been a lot of me in this update. Just so you know, I’ve been on a protest walk and protested Uptown. This is me fully upgrading the Musa’s cooker. You know, Ogoro and Chioma with their son Jordyn. You met them at the beginning of this update. Anyway, I got my promotion to Friendly Lobbyist in the Charity Organiser branch of Politics. I’m really good at getting donations for the Speak for the Trees charity.

7.1.23.jpg

Blaze: You never showed up at my parents wedding. I was hoping to marry you at the same arch.
Billie: I kept trying but I never managed to get there.
Blaze: Watcher says, if we want to stay in this apartment, we should get married straight away. So, is that OK?
Billie: Let’s do it babe!

7.1.26.jpg

Billie: You know what? I’m eating for two!
Amy: You too? I think me and Ivan had better find our own place.
Blaze: Are you not moving in with Granny Marcella?
Amy: No. You know she’s just had a baby. I couldn’t believe it when she showed up pregnant to our wedding. She’s an Elder, after all!

7.1.27.jpg

Amy: What do you think, Ivan?
Ivan: Tail’s End in Brindleton Bay? I love it.
Amy: There’s another surprise….yes, that’s him barking…
Ivan: A dog? We’ve got a dog? You’re amazing!

7.1.29.jpg

Rory: So, Mum and Dad have moved to Brindleton Bay. Blaze and Billie have stayed in 930 Medina Studios. It turns out she’s not a musician at all. She’s a Secret Agent but don’t tell anyone else that.
I’ve moved here, just across the way in Fountainview Penthouse. I needed a place with outdoor space so I can improve my eco-credentials. This will do fine. All open-plan but there’s just me so no privacy needed. I can’t wait to set up the water collectors. I wonder if I can put solar panels on the roof…I’ll work it out.

7.1.30.jpg

Week 49 (Year 4, Spring 1/4)
Generation 7
Rory: Heir
– Young Adult (22 days to Adult)
Traits: Hot-Headed, Generous, Green Fiend +Art Lover

L-to-R: Rory tout seul
7.1.family.jpg
Residence: Fountainview Penthouse, Arts District, San Myshuno

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prior Generations

Notes
I’m not sure how Elder Marcella got to be pregnant. Ivan’s Dad Rodney died a little while ago. Something weird is going on.

Rory has developed the Single and Lovin’ It Lifestyle. He will need an heir though… Maybe now he’s not surrounded by other lovebirds, he might find he wants some company.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.1: Green Green Grass of Home (8-Sep)
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2024, 02:17:20 PM »
I'm so glad Amy and Ivan are finally living together. But why wouldn't Amy and Ivan stay with Blaze? 
If Amy's pregnant but the two of them are already Adults, their child(ren) will vanish from the Makey simverse until Amy has enough life left for the child(ren) to age up to teens.
Oh, I'm sure you calculated their remaining days already and there's no danger of the kid(s) being culled.
And what will happen to Marcella's baby since she's an elder?

Please be sure to let us know how Rory's City Native aspiration goes.
I've never tried its "Give an Apartment Key to a Friend" task from a penthouse.
Did it work for Rory or did he complete that task while living at Medina Studios?

Only a half week in San Myshuno and Rory's made great progress already!
Go Rory go!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.1: Green Green Grass of Home (8-Sep)
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2024, 03:31:39 AM »
I'm so glad Amy and Ivan are finally living together. But why wouldn't Amy and Ivan stay with Blaze? 
If Amy's pregnant but the two of them are already Adults, their child(ren) will vanish from the Makey simverse until Amy has enough life left for the child(ren) to age up to teens.
Oh, I'm sure you calculated their remaining days already and there's no danger of the kid(s) being culled.
And what will happen to Marcella's baby since she's an elder?

Please be sure to let us know how Rory's City Native aspiration goes.
I've never tried its "Give an Apartment Key to a Friend" task from a penthouse.
Did it work for Rory or did he complete that task while living at Medina Studios?

Only a half week in San Myshuno and Rory's made great progress already!
Go Rory go!
I'll keep an eye on Amy and Ivan's child as they go into Eldership. It will be Rory's full sibling after all so we'll probably add it to the family club once it's a Child.
Marcella's miracle baby has an in-house Teen sibling - Marcella and Rodney had her a while back. I think they'll be OK.

The extended Makey family thank you for your kind concern for their digital well-being.

Rory gave an apartment key while in the Medina Studios so that's clicked off. Sadly for him, his Watcher forgot all about lighting fireworks at the H&H festival because there was drama going on! Update later today!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.2: I Didn’t Know I Was Looking For Love
« Reply #290 on: September 10, 2024, 08:50:12 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.2: I Didn’t Know I Was Looking For Love

Previously: The neighbours came over and Rory became friends with all of them; Blaze became more than friends with neighbour Billie, despite her seeing him in his acting rooster costume; Amy re-wooed and married Ivan; Blaze married Billie; Amy found she was eating for two so she and Ivan moved out to Brindleton Bay and got a dog; Billie found she was eating for two so Rory decided to leave them with the 3-bed apartment and moved to the Penthouse in the same district.

L-to-R: Rory tout seul
7.1.family.jpg

Rory: I’ll just upgrade this rubbish chute. It’s not really a good deed as it only benefits me, but it’s a lasting improvement so I’ll count it!

7.2.1.jpg

Rory: My own place, with no neighbours. I miss the company but I’ve got no worries about noise so I can juggle to my heart’s content. I’m just waiting for the food delivery. I’m trying to live the Simple life so I’ll make what I can from scratch. There’s a fishing spot in this district so that’ll be variety. I’ll buy eggs and milk though. Definitely no room here for livestock.

7.2.2.jpg

Ivan: So, any prospects Son?
Marcella: Yes, when can I expect grandchildren?
Rory: Blaze has already made a start on that with Billie.
Ivan: But you’re the Heir. You need to meet someone.
Rory: Everyone I’ve met is married already. Either that or we’ve got bad compatibility.
Ivan: Why don’t you sign up to Cupid’s Corner? There’s lots of people on there looking for love. It’s the modern way, so I’ve heard.
Rory: OK, I’ll give it a go. What do you think of this headshot?
Marcella: Great. And don’t mention the Hot Headed thing…

7.2.4.jpg

Rory: While I’m waiting for all those prospects Dad expects to knock down my door, I’d better catch some supper. Oh, actually, what’s this button here? Blind Date? It’s as good an option as anything I guess. After all, the matching algorithm is supposed to be a good one.

7.2.6.jpg

Rory: Um, hello?
Sonia Makey: Hello! Aren’t we related?
Rory: Only distantly, it seems.
Sonia: Well, I’m very Neat and Loyal but also a Bro…
Rory: Have you thought about switching to your ideal job and donating to Speak For The Trees?
Sonia: Oh – sure!
Rory: We have Good Compatibility…
Sonia: But I’m not really feeling it.
Rory: Me neither. I guess we’ll end this cheerfully?
Sonia: Sure. Don’t be a stranger, bro.

7.2.8.jpg

Rory: Hey Marci. You don’t know any Singletons around here, do you? I’m looking for a spouse.
Marci (Single, Glutton): Well actually…
Rory: Cupid’s Corner set me up with a distant relative but she was an Adult already. I’d really like someone closer to my age.
Marci (Young Adult): You could…
Rory: Gotta go, I’ve just got another Blind date set up….
Marci: Argh!

7.2.9.jpg

Rory: Um, hi?
Reyna: Hi, Rory is it? My memory’s not what it was…
Rory: Yeah! Let’s join the Jokesters at this festival as we’re supposed to be funny with each other. And I’d like to light some fireworks.
Reyna: Are we? As long as I don’t have to do any slapstick. My back won’t take it. It’s all those Cringe dances I’ve done over the years.
Rory: Sure… I guess you don’t want to pursue your ideal career.
Reyna: No fear. I’m retired, you know.
Rory: What about donating to my charity.
Reyna: Here’s some pocket money, young man. Now I need a nap…
Rory: My bed’s more comfy than that bench…
Reyna: Oooh, saucy…who are you, again?

7.2.11.jpg

Rory: Wow, Billie, can I feel the baby?
Billie: Only if you tell me how your search for a wife is going?
Rory: Cupid’s Corner keeps setting me up with older women even though I’ve got my preferences for a Young Adult set! They need to be able to have a baby.
Billie: Keep trying, boy. I want cousins for this little one!
Rory: OK. Here’s another Blind Date now…

7.2.10.jpg

Rory: Hi, Elena. I think we’re related.
Elena Makey: Yes, but not too closely. I’m Romantically Reserved which I note you have become too. I also want to live in Tomarang.
Rory: We have neutral attraction… Have you thought about switching to your ideal job and donating to Speak For The Trees?
Elena: Sure, and then I’ll get off.

7.2.17.jpg

Rory: Another day and another Blind Date.
Justina: Hi! Thanks for not dragging me out to the countryside. I’m Squeamish, you know.
Rory: But not related to me.
Justina: We have bad compatibility. I don’t think this is working out.
Rory: Have you thought about switching to your ideal job and donating to Speak For The Trees?
Justina: Why not? See ya!
Rory: That date actually went really well – I’m buzzing about it. How weird.

7.2.19.jpg

Rory: Oh, all my pics with you have been blanked out.
Abbie: That’s for security reasons. Well, have you got anything against aliens?
Rory: Not at all. In fact I’m very pleased to chat with you.
Abbie: But I sense that we have neutral compatibility.
Rory: Have you thought about donating to Speak For The Trees?
Abbie: Oh, you’re the guy everyone says does that! Aren’t you going to ask me to change jobs too?
Rory: No, I’m a Neighbourhood Confidante now and can extricate myself from difficult conversations…
Dawn: A word, Rory, if you have the time…
Rory: Not now, Founder Dawn, I’ve got another Blind Date lined up…

7.2.22.jpg

Rory: Right, that’s it. This is my last Blind Date. There’s got to be an alternative!
Quwikxie: What’s the matter? Don’t you like the larger figures?
Rory: My dear…whatever you are…your profile does not scream perfect wife and mother material. Your size is irrelevant!
Quwikxie: We could have made it work, we have good compatibility!
Rory: I’m sorry but no. But have you thought about donating to Speak For The Trees? Excuse me, I need to take this call from my Founder.

7.2.23.jpg

Rory: Thanks for dropping by, Founder Dawn.
Dawn: Always glad to play a bit of chess. Now how’s your search for a wife going?
Rory: I’m trying, I’m trying really hard. That’s 6 Blind Dates now and they’ve all been Adults or older. Reyna’s actually died! And my best date was with someone with whom I have bad compatibility. And no-one from Cupid’s Corner has asked me for a date.
Dawn: I can’t believe that I’m having to explain Cupid’s Corner to the modern generation….
Rory: No-one!
Dawn: You look at your matches and you can ask them for a date.
Rory: Really? Oh…I see…There’s Amelia, who’s Good and Creative; Rachel, who’s Good and Romantic and Dagmara, who’s Cheerful and Outgoing… I wonder…
Dawn: Pick one and go on a romantic date. No time to waste on Getting to Know them. There’s time enough for that over the course of a long marriage! Oh and stop wangling charity donations out of your dates. It's not a great opener!
Rory: I give them all knitted decorations!
Dawn: Oh yes! That will really touch their hearts!

7.2.16.jpg

Rory: I’d like to say the rest is history but I guess, Reader, that you want the details… As Founder Dawn told me to request a Romantic Date, I asked Romantic Rachel first – and last, if that’s not too much of a spoiler. Look at that body language. Even though I’m Romantically Reserved now, I could tell she like me.

7.2.26.jpg

Rory: I was so confident that, before the date finished, we shared a First Kiss. It went well even though she told me later that she finds physical romance a turn-off. I made sure to stick to affectionate and flirty after that. But I’m smitten.

7.2.28.jpg

Rory: When she asked me on a date to the spa, it turns out that she has a spa membership, I gave her my legendary octopus knit and she said “yes” to being my girlfriend. Before the date ended, she asked to move in with me. I said “yes” of course. She’s perfect.

7.2.33.jpg

Rachel: Hi? Rory says I should introduce myself to you… Like he said, I’m Good and Romantic but also Self-Assured. I do have a Spa Membership but I’m also Dastardly from wanting to be Chief of Mischief. I’ve signed up as a Secret Agent, to put my Dastardliness to Good use but I’d really like to spend more time at the Spa. These are my parents. They’ve just moved into the Spice District so they won’t be far away. They love Rory, but then everyone does.

7.2.38.jpg

Rory: Oh, that photo shouldn’t be in there…although it was a wonderful evening, up there on our balcony. Yes, OUR balcony! It’s so private and yet we’re surrounded by the people of this great city.

7.2.40.jpg

Rory: Rachel told me she was Eating For Two just before I needed to go to work. I was so happy, it’s probably what tipped me into bringing home my promotion to level 8 – the Non-Profit Director.

7.2.41.jpg

Rachel: The Romance Festival started while Rory was at still at work and he told me he’d meet me there. I checked with the Guru – I think it was a good sign

7.2.42.jpg

Rory: I didn’t need the Guru’s advice. I’d been looking for a spouse. I thought I was looking for a spouse. I didn’t know I was looking for Love until I found it. I knew Rachel was my Eyes-Wide-Open Forever-Date. The Romance Festival was the perfect place at the perfect time. Yes, Reader, she is now officially my Spouse!

7.2.45.jpg

Week 50 (Year 4, Spring 2/4)
Generation 7
– Young Adult (16 days to Adult)
Traits: Hot-Headed, Generous, Green Fiend +Art Lover +Romantically Reserved +Self-Assured
Rachel: Spouse – Young Adult (23 days to Adult)
Traits: Good, Romantic, Self-Assured

L-to-R: Rory & Rachel
7.2.Family.jpg

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
I’ve marked the “Make friends with all the people in your building” as completed since there can’t be other residents in Rory and Rachel’s building.

The original requirement was for Rory to meet his Spouse at the Romance Festival but I wanted to explore Cupid’s Corner.
I was disappointed that Blind Date function on Cupid’s Corner didn’t stick to Rory’s age preferences. I would have liked him to have found his Soulmate that way. I don’t know if the 6 dates were Good Compatibility between the 2 traits that they and Rory gave but it seemed quite hit-and-miss whether they were. In the end, he did find Rachel as a Cupid’s Corner Match so I’m counting that.

When Rachel requested to move in, I was surprised that she had parents. She was down on Cupid’s Corner as a gallery Sim with a maker (sorry – I didn’t record the name) so I thought she’d be a solo household. It seems that, when Cupid’s Corner chooses a gallery Sim, they bring any other household members in too, as not-in-the-world sims. I’m glad. It gives her more of a back-story.

The other surprising thing was that the screen for Rachel to move in, once ticked, took me straight to the parents in order to move them in to the world, hence their arrival in the Spice District. I’ve not noticed that happening before.

The Knitting aspiration is not counting Rory's Legendary knits as Excellent. I'm keeping count and will cheat-complete the current requirement when he's done enough.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.2: I Didn’t Know I Was Looking For Love (10-Sep)
« Reply #291 on: September 10, 2024, 05:18:57 PM »
Sorry about meddling in Amy and Marcella's affairs.
In the past, I've been gutted when a child simply disappeared from the world because their elderly parent passed away before I could do anything about it.

As a YA, Gisele also planned to go on blind dates, but her first one was an Adult on the verge of becoming elder so Blind Dates will never be an option unless any age is acceptable.
Rachel is gorgeous and has great traits!
I guess that Hotheaded generation wasn't originally designed with penthouse living in mind.
Living in Moonwood Mill, Night replaced that "Be friends with alll neighbors in your building" task ny staying friends with all werewolves in the two werewolf packs.
Because of a werewolf's innate Fury mechanic, it was fund playing a Hotheaded werewolf.  Night is actually pretty even-tempered.

Congrats yo Rachel and Rory on becoming future parents. He found a lovely spouse with great traits!
Rory doesn't have far to go to complete all his requirements!

P.S. That "legendary knittables don't count for the excellent knittables" task will supposedly be fixed in the next patch. *rolls eyes
       But, EA is also planning to relase two more kits and another EP so we can also expect a flood of new bugs...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.2: I Didn’t Know I Was Looking For Love (10-Sep)
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2024, 10:53:07 AM »
Sorry about meddling in Amy and Marcella's affairs.
In the past, I've been gutted when a child simply disappeared from the world because their elderly parent passed away before I could do anything about it.

As a YA, Gisele also planned to go on blind dates, but her first one was an Adult on the verge of becoming elder so Blind Dates will never be an option unless any age is acceptable.
Rachel is gorgeous and has great traits!
I guess that Hotheaded generation wasn't originally designed with penthouse living in mind.
Living in Moonwood Mill, Night replaced that "Be friends with alll neighbors in your building" task ny staying friends with all werewolves in the two werewolf packs.
Because of a werewolf's innate Fury mechanic, it was fund playing a Hotheaded werewolf.  Night is actually pretty even-tempered.

Congrats yo Rachel and Rory on becoming future parents. He found a lovely spouse with great traits!
Rory doesn't have far to go to complete all his requirements!

P.S. That "legendary knittables don't count for the excellent knittables" task will supposedly be fixed in the next patch. *rolls eyes
       But, EA is also planning to relase two more kits and another EP so we can also expect a flood of new bugs...
We're bug veterans! Maybe there won't be a host of new bugs with the next release....rofl!!!

I would like improvements to the Blind Date function. I imagined that it was supposed to mimic rl Blind Dates where mutual acquaintances have thought it a good match.

I remembered that Gisele had no joy in her "matches" but I'd hoped, out of 6 dates, at least one of them would have yielded a same-age match, especially as that's what Rory only had as his preference. Maybe the idea is that a Blind Date is a last resort and therefore they are all older.

A bit of Googling shows that his attraction preferences aren't taken into consideration, but it did stick to his gender preference. The age-thing makes it useless for finding legacy baby-mamas.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.3: Take Good Care of My Baby
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2024, 11:01:26 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.3: Take Good Care of My Baby

Previously: Rory settled in to his penthouse loft space but realised there was a need to continue this legacy by finding a spouse; after a series of blind dates with older women, Founder Dawn showed him how to contact better matches on Cupid’s Corner; on his first try, he met Rachel and fell in love; she agreed to be his romantic partner and asked to move in; after finding out she was eating for two, Rory proposed to and married her at the Romance Festival

L-to-R: Rory & Rachel
7.2.Family.jpg

Rachel: I’m so happy that Rory met me on Cupid’s Corner. My life has changed so much. I live in the world, in this great loft apartment in the same city as my parents. Rory’s out a lot, clearing up boxes that people leave on the pavements and campaigning for his charity. Me? I’m a Secret Agent and that’s all you need to know about that. Oh and I like meditating.

7.3.3.jpg

Rachel: We do go on dates. Karaoke was fun even though we’d never sang much before. That woman looks like she was enjoying it but I think she was mocking us. She donated to Rory’s cause anyway so we didn’t get cross.

7.3.5.jpg

Stephon: Thanks for coming to help with my new dog.
Rory: I’ve never met you before.
Stephon: But your bio says you’ll help anyone that needs it…
Rory: You seem to have two dogs
Stephon: I’ll invite you over to help with that one later today.
Rory: Sorry, one visit is enough.
Stephon: If you don’t mind upgrading my fridge while you’re here?
Rory: Sure, but you’ll definitely donate to my tree charity?
Stephon: Absolutely.

7.3.7.jpg

Rachel: When Rory is home, he does a lot of knitting. He always wears those earrings then. They help him concentrate, I think. Ooh, my back!

7.3.8.jpg

Rory: Do you remember our first night out here?
Rachel: Oh, it was magical.
Rory: It still is, my darling Rachel.
Rachel: Oh! Oh!
Rory: What? Are you OK?
Rachel: I will be! This baby’s coming NOW!

7.3.9.jpg

Rachel: Oh Mum & Dad! Thank you so much for coming over.
Katarina: I could hardly wait to be invited! I want to meet my grandchildren as soon as possible.
Rachel: There's Bear and Aspen, good as gold in their basinets.
Tobias: Where’s Rory? Surely he’s not working?
Rachel: He got a call for help just after he put Bear’s onesie on. Someone needed help with their baby.
Katarina: What about helping you with these two munchkins? I hope he’s taking care of you – my baby! Ooh – let me have a cwych with the little ones.

7.3.11.jpg

Rory: I can’t believe they’re nearly ready to age up.
Rachel: I can’t believe that it’s taking me so much longer to bond with them than you when it’s me that spends all my time with them!
Rory: I’m sorry about the calls, love, but I can’t ignore them.
Rachel: I want to volunteer too but, with Aspen and Bear….
Rory: I know. I know. It will get easier…
Rachel: Until then, if you’re going to be in and out all the time, we’re getting a maid and a gardener. Plus we’ll need a nanny every now and then.
Rory: That’s a great idea!

7.3.12.jpg

Rory: Here he is, Mum. Meet Bear, our next Heir.
Amy: He’s adorable! Your hair and eyes and Rachel’s beautiful skin.
Rory: Aspen’s got Rachel’s hair and eyes and my “beautiful” skin.
Amy: Let’s get this Little Bear in out of the night air…

7.3.13.jpg

Rory: Move? But we’re friends with everyone in this neighbourhood.
Rachel: And we can keep in touch with them all but this is really a bachelor pad or a love nest. It’s not suitable for raising Infants.
Rory: They won’t be Infants long.
Rachel: No, then they’ll be Toddlers. Have you thought about how dangerous that “romantic” balcony is for wandering little ones?
Rory: Oh…we could put up railings…
Rachel: We need to have a separate room for them to sleep in. Either that or get rid of the radio. It keeps them awake and we can’t stop visitors putting it on. I’m serious, Rory. Mum and Dad say there’s a perfect bit of land in the Spice District, just waiting to be developed…

7.3.14.jpg

Amy: This is so much better than that man-cave you were in.
Rachel: It’s still not quite what I had in mind. Rory says keeping the house small is better for the environment and, with it being mid-Spring, we can do most things outside.
Amy: Aspen’s advancing really quickly in her development. Oops, she’s just spit up. Never mind. It’ll wash out. Aren’t you worried about how close the docks are?
Rachel: It’s OK while they’re Infants. It’s just bedtime that we're finding hard at the moment. Aspen’s a Snuggly Sleeper so she hates being put to bed. She hates waking up too. Not Little Bear. He loves waking up. Plus he soothes himself to sleep.
Amy: I probably ought to get back to my little Ryder. Ivan’s a great Daddy but I miss my baby boy.

7.3.15.jpg

Katarina: We’re overjoyed that you moved so close.
Rory: It was nice of you and Tobias to welcome us.
Katrina: Oh, Little Bear! He’s such a cutie. Oo – hiccups. Let me pat you on the back.
Rory: Ah - and now they’ve got 13 milestones each, 3 in each area plus  “born at hospital”. Will you stay around for the cake?
Katarina: I wouldn’t miss it!

7.3.16.jpg

Aspen: Mmm nom nom
Rory: You do have a Good Appetite, don’t you! Not like your brother who’s become so Picky. Such a good girl, letting Daddy carry on knitting. This is going to be a jumper for your brother. And then I’ll knit one for you.

7.3.20.jpg

Rachel: Where is my Little Bear? Where can he be? Not Wandering again!
Bear: Giggle
Rachel: There he is and, Up In The Air.
Bear: Yay!

7.3.21.jpg

Aspen: Why you a’waze in b’ue? An’ me in pink?
Bear: Me no no

7.3.22.jpg

Rory: I’m glad you decided to learn to knit, sweetheart.
Rachel: When you pointed out that we can donate our knitted items instead of giving away all our money, I couldn’t wait to start.
Rory: I’m sorry, Rachel, but when people ring me up asking for money, I just can’t say “no”!
Rachel: Maybe it’s time to plant a money tree… It was fun at the Beach Clean Up today. I'm glad we got the nanny in so we could both go. Oh! Now who’s texting you?
Rory: Oh – no-one special.
Rachel: You haven’t got to go help someone, have you? Not now!
Rory: Definitely not. Hey – look at that! I’m Lord of The Knits!

7.3.23.jpg

Rachel: The boy picked up all the boxes he found dumped in the city and found all the different snow globes. He also removed all the posters people had stuck up around the place but, once he’d found all the different ones of them, he decided to leave them as modern street art.

7.3.25.jpg

Bear: Play! G’andad! Play!
Aspen: Book! G’andad! Book!

7.3.26.jpg

Rory: Can you believe that, this time last week, there was just the two of us?
Rachel: And now we have two amazing children: Active Bear and Good Aspen.
Rory: We’re so lucky.
Rachel: Yes, we are!

7.3.27.jpg

Week 51 (Year 4, Spring 3/4)
Generation 7
– Young Adult (8 days to Adult)
Traits: Hot-Headed, Generous, Green Fiend +Art Lover +Romantically Reserved +Self-Assured
Rachel: Spouse – Young Adult (18 days to Adult)
Traits: Good, Romantic, Self-Assured +Cheerful
Generation 8
Bear: Heir
– Child (13 days to Teen)
Infant Traits: Sunny, Self-Soother, Hiccups, Loves Waking Up
Toddler Traits: Charmer, Wanderer, Picky Eater, Hates Being Carried
Trait: Active
Aspen: Spare – Child (13 days to Teen)
Infant Traits: Sunny, Snuggly Sleeper, Hates Waking Up, Happy Spitter
Toddler Traits: Charmer, Good Appetite, Loves Books, Aggressive
Trait: Good

L-to-R: Aspen, Rory, Rachel, Bear
7.3.family.jpg
Residence: The Old Salt House, Spice District, San Myshuno

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Currently there are only Rachel’s parents living in the Spice District and Rory is good friends with both. To keep to the spirit of the challenge, he befriends most people roaming around the spice district.

Having done Charity Organizer before, I knew Rory would have to accumulate charitable donations so he’s been asking for them as soon as he had the option. He could have thrown a charity event but I didn’t know if those donations would count.

I rolled the in-game dice to randomize the kids Infant and Toddler traits but they both got the same, both times. Bear’s trait is for his generation requirements and Aspen’s came from Pinstars Legacy generator.

We’ve zoomed through Aspen and Bear’s early years with the benefits of a Tiny Residence and a Plumbite crystal. With Rory’s career about to be maxed and just City Native remaining, Little Bear will begin working on his requirements soon. Having said that, the timing of the required City Native Festivals will slow things down a little bit. If only I’d got Rory lighting fireworks on his doomed date with Elder Reyna!

I could have waited to declare Bear as Heir but I'd be fooling no-one. The violet eyes are always going to win!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.3: Take Good Care of My Baby (12-Sep)
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2024, 03:35:26 PM »
OH yrd, Bear's the obvious choice as the next heir.
And as a child, he seems to resemble his father a lot.
I'm curious why Rory didn't move directly into The Old Salt House from Blaze's apartment.
There was a reason to move first to that penthouse?

Rory is so close to completing all his requirements now!
I'm pretty sure my legacy progress will slow down a bit because I've started a new game (Chef RPG) where my character graduates from culinary school then moves to a seaside, cyberpunkvillage where their culinary mento has arranged for them to take over a rundown restaurant to restore both the restaurant and village to their former prosperity.
With 240+ recipes to learn, harvestables to forage, and fish to catch, my aspiring chef will be hustling. (I hope the culinary mini-games won't be too hard for me....)

Good luck with the festival timing, Rory!
They rotate in a two-week cycle and the twins only aged up to children, so I don't foresee a problem....

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.3: Take Good Care of My Baby (12-Sep)
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2024, 02:49:24 AM »
OH yrd, Bear's the obvious choice as the next heir.
And as a child, he seems to resemble his father a lot.
I'm curious why Rory didn't move directly into The Old Salt House from Blaze's apartment.
There was a reason to move first to that penthouse?

I'm pretty sure my legacy progress will slow down a bit because I've started a new game (Chef RPG) where my character graduates from culinary school then moves to a seaside, cyberpunkvillage where their culinary mento has arranged for them to take over a rundown restaurant to restore both the restaurant and village to their former prosperity.
With 240+ recipes to learn, harvestables to forage, and fish to catch, my aspiring chef will be hustling. (I hope the culinary mini-games won't be too hard for me....)

Good luck with the festival timing, Rory!
They rotate in a two-week cycle and the twins only aged up to children, so I don't foresee a problem....
I really like that penthouse apartment, especially for a singleton. The 2 balconies are great for plants/charging crystals. The glasshouse walls can certainly be edited - I haven't tried editing the walls of the main, open-plan section. Plus it doesn't have any of the apartment challenges - rats *shudders*.

I really like the Old Salt House site too, with the ability to build a Tiny Residence. But I wanted to keep the apartment-living theme going as long as possible.

Loft-living is something I'll never experience irl. I've always been fascinated by the space-saving adaptability within a high ceiling coupled with a modern, industrial look.

Chef RPG sounds right up your alley! Have fun!

My 80+yr-old mother was after a farming game the other day so I remembered your farming activities and recommended Stardew Valley & Coral Island. She sees it all as a waste of time but can't stop herself playing games, lol. Her current obsession is old-school Transport Tycoon!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.4: With A Little Help From My Friends
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2024, 02:40:45 PM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.4: With A Little Help From My Friends

Previously: Rory continued to help others whenever they called, upgrading their fridge if possible; Rachel got some help in, especially after Bear and Aspen were born; they moved to the Old Salt House and developed it into a Tiny Residence; Bear & Aspen zoomed through their early years, aging up to be Active and Good respectively.

7.3.family.jpg

Yamachan: You’re a natural at the Mountain Move
Bear: Right back atcha, Yamachan!
Yamachan: Did you get your Blessing of Youth?
Bear: From both parents. So did my sister Aspen. Which cheered her up after losing a tooth
Yamachan: There’s a Simmie machine over there. If you’ve got any spare cash, you could get her a gift to cheer her up even more.

7.4.2.jpg

Bear: I wonder which one I’ll get… Ooh, a Pit Beast. She won’t want that one…I’d better hold on to it.

7.4.3.jpg

Aspen: This is great fun. Imagine building a snowpal when it’s nearly Summer.
Bear: I tried going down the bunny slope but I need a better snowboard.
Rory: It’s getting dark, kiddos. Time to head home. We can come back next week if you’re doing ok at school.

7.4.4.jpg

Rory: And that’s why I say we need to “Speak For The Trees!”
Heckler: Can you get them to give you a fig leaf?

7.4.5.jpg

Aspen: Daddy’s lit a few fireworks, getting himself all smoky in the process. I’m staying well clear and sticking to sparklers. Whee! You might have noticed that I’m still wearing a blue sweater. Daddy promised he’d knit me a pink one but he’s always got someone else to help. Mummy says he’s just got a lot of love for everyone but sometimes I wish he’d love us a bit more than everyone else…

7.4.6.jpg

Rory: The kids are at school and Rachel is at work. I’ve got a day off and, as an Art-Lover, I’ve come to the Arts Centre to paint a mural. It’s a bit distracting with Uncle Caerwyn and one of his baby-mamas over there but I’m pleased with the result.

7.4.7.jpg

Rory: I got a call from Aunt Imogen to say she’d adopted Beejay. I’m glad. She was all on her own in this big house. We don’t look very friendly, do we, but we were all watching TV. Aunt Imogen agreed that Beejay could come for a sleepover soon. I upgraded her fridge as a thank you.

7.4.8.jpg

Rory: The yarn round the back then up and down between the needles.
Bear: Do I really need to learn to knit, Daddy? I’d rather go on the Monkey Bars by the basketball hoop.
Rory: Whatever you knit will be gratefully received by charities everywhere…
Bear: But you’ve given up working for your charity.
Rory: I’d got to the top, a Charity Icon, but realised I’d rather spend my time working with people face-to-face… rather than being the “face” of the charity.

7.4.9.jpg

Rory: Ryder! It’s so good to meet you!
Ryder: Um, I don’t like strangers…
Rory: I should have been over before now but, Ryder, we’re brothers!
Ryder: Oh. I guess I can cope with you then.
Rory: Will you come to my kids sleepover tonight?
Ryder: You’ve got kids? Does that make me an Uncle?
Rory: I guess it does.

7.4.10.jpg

Aspen: I know I’m supposed to be Good but this is just a bit of fun with baby powder. Beejay will think it’s hilarious when he wakes up…

7.4.13.jpg

Rory: Thanks for mentoring me in Programming, Mum. I really want to win that Hackathon next week.
Amy: I needed Programming to help the Resistance on Batuu. Winning a Hackathon doesn’t really stand up to that.
Rory: Sorry Mum, there’s absolutely no time to get to Batuu to help them.

7.4.14.jpg

Rachel: Come on, Rory, answer the question!
Rory: You’ll laugh at me! Don't forget that I'm Romantically Reserved.
Rachel: Is that why you’ve sat all the way over there? Come on. I won’t laugh, honestly. This is supposed to be fun.
Rory: Can’t we just go and have some “fun” in the treehouse before the kids get home from school?
Rachel: Is that the time. Yes! Get your butt up there! And no taking any phone calls!
Rory: OK, but I’m really looking forward to kissing you at the Romance Festival again.

7.4.16.jpg

Demarcus: When I asked your Daddy to come help me with my new dog, I didn’t realise he’d bring you too.
Bear: I’m trying to make new friends. My Watcher says we’re doing so well, we might as well try for Social Butterfly too.
Demarcus: I don’t know what that means, but OK. It’s great to just gaze at the clouds while your Daddy upgrades my fridge.

7.4.18.jpg

Week 52 (Year 4, Spring 4/4)
Generation 7
– Young Adult (1 days to Adult)
Rachel: Spouse – Young Adult (11 days to Adult)
Traits: Good, Romantic, Self-Assured +Cheerful +Art-Lover
Generation 8
– Child (6 days to Teen)
Trait: Active
Aspen: Spare – Child (6 days to Teen)
Infant Traits: Sunny, Snuggly Sleeper, Hates Waking Up, Happy Spitter
Toddler Traits: Charmer, Good Appetite, Loves Books, Aggressive
Trait: Good

7.4.family.jpg
Residence: The Old Salt House, Spice District, San Myshuno

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Rory kissed Rachel at the Romance Festival as required for City Native but got called to help another new dog owner almost immediately after, so no photos. That Rachel is a saint, putting up with all Rory’s disappearances.

As he’s already making a start, Bear’s generation is announced as The Adrenaline Junkie from the Postcard Collection Legacy.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.4: With A Little Help From My Friends (13-Sep)
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2024, 05:43:57 PM »
Your Makey Ladies are quite a fan of household additions at a late stage! Marcella, Amy, and now Imogen!

It looks like Bear must've aged up a week earlier than Aspen. I'm curious why you didn't age up Aspen at the same time.
Sorry to be nosy. I always like hearing about how Watchers make decisions about their gameplay. :D

Bear's already making a promising start to his generation!
Meanwhile, my Gen7 heir is still a teen, LOL!

What? Gaming a waste of time? Blasphemy!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.4: With A Little Help From My Friends (13-Sep)
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2024, 01:47:13 AM »
Your Makey Ladies are quite a fan of household additions at a late stage! Marcella, Amy, and now Imogen!

It looks like Bear must've aged up a week earlier than Aspen. I'm curious why you didn't age up Aspen at the same time.
Sorry to be nosy. I always like hearing about how Watchers make decisions about their gameplay. :D

Bear's already making a promising start to his generation!
Meanwhile, my Gen7 heir is still a teen, LOL!

What? Gaming a waste of time? Blasphemy!
So sorry, I'd edited Bear's age but not Aspen's. I've fixed it now. They are the same age.

My game seems to encourage Sims adopting children right into Eldership.

I've got it allowed in Neighbourhood Stories. Without it, what happens is a couple fills the house with children and pets (not horses). The children are then unmarried and can't have "natural" children. Thus the the household dies out after the 2nd gen.

I would like singletons to be matched up like the mod enables but....mods.... :)
I'm still only using them when necessary

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.5: The Winner Takes It All
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2024, 10:33:57 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 7.5: The Winner Takes It All

Previously: Bear started collecting Simmies; Rory maxed his Charity Organiser career; Aspen and Bear completed lots of aspirations.

7.4.family.jpg

Rachel: Well, Rory, what does it say?
Rory: I’m not sure I want to say it out loud…
Rachel: It’s just a game, Rory and it was you that wanted to try again.
Rory: Oh – I’ve got a call coming in.
Rachel: Hm!

7.5.5.jpg

Rory: Sorry, love, I’ve got to go. You remember what it was like when we were new parents.
Rachel: Yes, my parents had to come over and help me because you were out helping someone else.
Rory: So you see….

7.5.1.jpg

Rory: Are you sure you haven’t shuffled these WooHoo cards to give me all the embarrassing questions?
Rachel: Maybe…but you deserve it. Always leaving me hanging.
Rory: I was really glad no calls came in while I was attempting the GeekCon Hackathon.
Rachel: Winning the GeekCon Hackathon, you mean. Well done for that. Plus all those adults helped the kids get Social Butterfly so they could age up on Wednesday.
Rory: I wonder how they are getting on at their first day of high school.
Rachel: With Aspen joining the drama club, I’m hoping it will give her a good outlet for her Hot-Head.
Rory: It wasn’t a surprise that Bear became Adventurous. I hope the Football team will offer him enough excitement for now.

bear aspen.jpg

Bear: My first day of High School was fun, meeting lots of peeps but I ditched school today. Going up in the family rocket beats exam day, hands down. And no crashes! Phew. It was close on a couple of trips but that just adds to the rush!

7.5.3.jpg

Rory: This card says do you like whipped cream or maple syrup?
Rachel: On pancakes?
Rory: It doesn’t specify.
Rachel: Are we really moving to an apartment?
Rory: Only as a stop-gap. Bear wants us to run an alpine hostel in Mt Komorebi.
Rachel: Ooh – being a secret agent does involve lots of skiing, so the movies imply.
Rory: Well, that will be our next adventure…

7.5.4.jpg

Aspen: It’s a nice apartment.
Bear: But not in Mt Komorebi
Aspen: Are you sure I’m not just going to be your free chalet maid while you spend all your time snowboarding?
Rory: We’ll all muck in with the work, I’m sure.
Rachel: Plus you two still have High School!
Bear: Yeah Yeah!

7.5.2.jpg

Week 53 (Year 4, Summer 1/4)
Generation 7 - Complete
– Adult (39 days to Elder)
Rachel: Spouse – Young Adult (27 days to Adult)
Traits: Good, Romantic, Self-Assured +Cheerful +Art-Lover
Generation 8
– Teen (21 days to YA)
Trait: Active, Adventurous
Aspen: Spare – Teen (19 days to YA)
Trait: Good, Hot-Headed

7.5.family.jpg
Residence: to be decided

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Whilst a limited number of photos saves space on this site, this was far less than I wanted to share.

My Sims started freezing (in time, not temperature) while the in-game clock ticked on and then suddenly catching up with themselves, sometimes achieving what they were in the middle of, and sometimes not!
Additionally, my game won’t save beyond Thursday 5pm in game time. Any progress after that creates a save file with the right real time date but loading it takes me right back to Thu 5pm.

I tried many variations of repairing my game and doing a factory reset and it would seem that my save file has become corrupted. A brand new game does not have the same issue. I do not have any mods. Along the way, many screenshots got lost or were not even taken while I wrestled with gameplay.

While I Google around, trying to find a solution, I decided to play through Rory completing his requirements and, for future play, Bear completing Nerd Brain. The family has been uploaded to the Gallery so I could restart a new game with them. All their extended family and friends would be lost, not to mention the family club with all it’s perks. But I would be able to continue this legacy for the remaining gens.

Assuming I get a playable game going, Rory and Rachel will be moving to their own separate place once Bear finds some roommates to be Snow Bros with.
Note: The ages given in this update are from a downloaded version of the family from the gallery. It has reset Rachel's age to the start of Young Adult and made Aspen 2 days older than Bear. It's not ideal. Hopefully a better solution will be found.
*Edited* I've also tried the earliest recovery file. The only save option would be to roll Rory back to the start of his gen and then he might not meet the lovely Rachel!

anything