Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 7.5: The Winner Takes It All (15-Sep)  (Read 23521 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 5.8: Dancing Queen (22-Aug)
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2024, 03:45:49 PM »
You and Dai are making such great progress with Gen5!
I just know that I'm going to really struggle with the Growing Together requirements. *sniffle, sniffle
As you already know, one of the last goals of Computer Whiz (use a computer for 100 hours) is quite time-consuming without any shortcuts.

Amy and Ivan make a lovely couple!
Amy has only 15 more days until she's a YA!  I'm so very curious about where she will live and what adventures await her!
Caerwyn, good luck with the baby-making though you surely need nobody's well wishes.
I toyed with changing the career for this gen as it's sort of irrelevant but Dai's programming was good for mentoring Amy. Caerwyn hacked his grades with no help or prompting!

I haven't thought yet about where Amy will live. I probably should....lol.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 5.8: Dancing Queen (22-Aug)
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2024, 05:57:13 PM »
I toyed with changing the career for this gen as it's sort of irrelevant but Dai's programming was good for mentoring Amy. Caerwyn hacked his grades with no help or prompting!

I haven't thought yet about where Amy will live. I probably should....lol.

I agree that Tech Guru is an odd match for the Growing Together requirements. I might choose a different career with a family-friendly work schedule...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 5.9: Heard It Through The Grapevine
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2024, 03:57:23 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 5.9: Heard It Through The Grapevine

Previously: Amy got a pet hedgehog called Thimble who went on adventures and sent back postcards; she aged into a Lovebug Teen and got penpals from all around the Simverse; Ivan, her BFF, became her first and only crush; gen 4 – Dorothy and Umber enjoyed cocktails at any hour; Theo aged into a Child; Caerwyn aged into a Teen and romanced both Tomoko and Shiew

L-to-R: Imogen, Amy, Dai, Umber, Dorothy, Coral, Caerwyn, Theo
5.8.family.jpg
Residence: 13 Acacia Avenue, Gilbert Gardens, San Sequoia

Amy: Hey! Look what I can do! Isn’t it cute? Just for you, dear readers.

5.9.1.jpg

Caerwyn: I’ve got my 3 character traits, an A in school…
Coral: Hacked an A in school…
Caerwyn: …and I’m a Llamacorn Scout. I’m not waiting any longer.
Dai: Wait until I’ve got pics of all these nieces and nephews that are here for Imogen’s sleepover.
Caerwyn: Nope – I’m a Young Adult now. And hey, I’m Family-Oriented, just like you, Dad!

5.9.3.jpg

Samantha: Thanks for inviting me on a Get To Know You date.
Caerwyn: You’re the most gorgeous girl on Cupid’s Corner.
Samantha: You’re moving a little too fast for me…and I’m surprised you still live with your parents…
Caerwyn: I’m Family-Oriented. Let’s go up in the treehouse.
Samantha: I think this date is unsuccessful…I’m out of here.

5.9.4.jpg

Caerwyn: Shiew, thank you for coming on a date with me. I was so happy to see you’d aged up too.
Shiew: You’re cute!
Caerwyn: Wanna explore the hot tub with me?
Shiew: That would be fun!

5.9.5.jpg

Shiew: What are you doing?
Caerwyn: You’re my first and let’s get engaged!
Shiew: You’re my first too. OK

5.9.6.jpg

Amy: Oh Thimble, you go on such exciting adventures. One day I’m going to see the marvellous places on my postcards.

5.9.7.jpg

Shiew: I heard you’d see that Samantha from Cupid’s Corner again so I just popped round to…
Caerwyn: Let’s get elope right now. I can’t wait!
Shiew: OK – then you’ll be all mine!

5.9.8.jpg

Imogen: It’s time I aged up and Theo’s sleepover seems a good time. Not that any of the readers are interested in me but now I’m Good, like Dad.

5.9.11.jpg

Caerwyn: Tomoko! You’ve aged up too! It was so good to see you on Cupid's Corner.
Tomoko: I thought I'd see who's out there. I haven’t heard from you for ages. What’s going on with you?
Amy: Lots!
Caerwyn: Let’s get some privacy in the Treehouse and I’ll catch you up….
Tomoko: OK

5.9.13.jpg

Ivan: So Caerwyn…mmmm…
Amy: Try this one.
Ivan: mmm… is married but he’s got Samantha and Tomoko as girlfriends too?
Amy: Isn’t it crazy? Mum keeps explaining healthy relationships to him and Dad was pleased about the marriage but…
Ivan: You’re the only girl for me, Amy.
Amy: I should think so!

5.9.14.jpg

Dai: I don’t understand Caerwyn. He married Shiew and she’s had this adorable little boy, Gabriel. I know there’s no more room in her house but we could give him funds for his own place.

5.9.15.jpg

Caerwyn: Wow, Tomoko. You’re….
Tomoko: Pregnant. When are you going to move in with me and help?
Caerwyn: It’s complicated.
Tomoko: Because you’re already married? Yes, I heard it through the grapevine!
Caerwyn: Not only that. Samantha rang my Dad about finding a ring and now I’m engaged to her, too!
Tomoko: I’m going back home. Ring me when you know what you’re doing!

5.9.16.jpg

Imogen: Watcher let me hack my grades to an A and I’ve got three character traits. I’m aging up.

Imogen: And I’m Valedictorian! No buggy aging up for me. Right! I’m off to live with Aunt Dale. She and Granny Dorothy’s cousin Michael Moon live in Del Sol Valley in an amazing house. Lots of room for me.
Watcher: Thanks Imogen. You’re a star.

5.9.18.jpg

Amy: I’ve aged up too! I’m Adventurous now. I can’t wait to try lots of new experiences!
Imogen: Like having cousin Jamal arrive for a weenie roast in a weird sexy top?
Amy: Hi Jamal….still Evil, I see.

5.9.19.jpg

Amy: Um…Ivan?
Ivan: Yes darling?
Amy: You know that “adventure” we just had in the treehouse?
Ivan: That was fun.
Amy: It was also productive. I’m eating for Two.
Ivan: Oh!

5.9.20.jpg

Dai: Look Ivan, we’re pleased about the baby. But when are you and Amy going to tie the knot?
Ivan: Um…I’m not sure Amy….
Dai: A child needs a stable home. Speaking of which, Amy’s taken up writing, which doesn’t pay well. When are you going to get a job?
Ivan: I’m thinking about it….
Dai: Think faster. We’ve got enough worries with Caerwyn’s children. That Samantha called to say she’s just had baby Jackie and I don’t know where she lives. That needs sorting. Plus Tomoko’s on the way….

5.9.22.jpg

Week 42 (Year 3, Autumn 2/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken – Complete Week 31, Friday
Dorothy: Heir
– Elder (lived 161 days)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – Elder (lived 194 days)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5 – Growing Together - In Progress
Dai: Heir
– Adult (29 Days to Elder) – Growing Together – In Progress
Traits: Cheerful, Good, Family-Oriented +Insider +Romantically Reserved +Active
Coral: Spouse to Heir – Adult (38 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Generous +Perfectionist +Outgoing +Neat
Generation 6
Amy: Heir
– YA (27 Days to Adult)
Traits: Outgoing, LoveBug, Adventurous
Caerwyn: Spare – YA (21 days to Adult)
Traits: Cheerful, Good, Family-Oriented
Theo: Spare – Child (5 day to Teen)
Traits: Loves Outdoors

L-to-R: Theo, Amy, Dai, Umber, Dorothy, Coral, Caerwyn
5.9.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prior Generations

Notes
I finally had Amy use her nascent spellcasting to inferniate a vase of flowers to get the First Fire milestone. It did not register, despite the whole household panicking. I’m counting it. I don’t like doing the fight/enemy ones so I’m calling it a day on the milestones.

Umber’s only just had one death notice and I didn’t want to wait any longer. Imogen hacked her grades autonomously and so I aged her up and moved her out.

Imogen.jpg

Caerwyn will stay in the house until Tomoko produces his third child, just to make sure.
Amy’s baby will complete the remaining 2 requirements for Dai in the next update. She will then immediately move out and start her generations requirements in earnest.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 5.9: Heard It Through The Grapevine (29-Aug)
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2024, 11:26:28 PM »
Poor Caerwyn! Hustling around for Dorothy's four grandchildren goal! Will he annul his engagement to Samantha by asking to be just friends?
Dorothy's just one pregnancy (Amy's) from completing her last two requirements.
Are you excited, Watcher, to be moving to a smaller household and your new-to-you Random Legacy Challenge generation?

As for Amy, you've listed Romantic Paragon as one of her aspirations, but that's not an existing aspiration.
Did you mean Paragon Partner or Romantic Explorer?
I giggled at Jamal showing up to party in that super-short crop top. None of my maile sims have what it takes to pull off that look, lol!

Looking forward to learning about what Amy rolled as her heir requirements and to meeting her firstborn.
Imogen Makey is such a pretty sim!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 5.9: Heard It Through The Grapevine (29-Aug)
« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2024, 01:56:09 AM »
Poor Caerwyn! Hustling around for Dorothy's four grandchildren goal! Will he annul his engagement to Samantha by asking to be just friends?
Dorothy's just one pregnancy (Amy's) from completing her last two requirements.
Are you excited, Watcher, to be moving to a smaller household and your new-to-you Random Legacy Challenge generation?

As for Amy, you've listed Romantic Paragon as one of her aspirations, but that's not an existing aspiration.
Did you mean Paragon Partner or Romantic Explorer?
I giggled at Jamal showing up to party in that super-short crop top. None of my maile sims have what it takes to pull off that look, lol!

Looking forward to learning about what Amy rolled as her heir requirements and to meeting her firstborn.
Imogen Makey is such a pretty sim!
Imogen is indeed very pretty. She kind of got overlooked as third child of four, completing the necessary and moving out without a partner. But it made way for Amy's pregnancy, so I'm really grateful.

Theo's adopted genes did not bless him in the looks department. I must have tried every hairstyle to enhance his looks but...looks aren't everything.

Jamal's Evil looks on the other hand - he can definitely wear that top! I do worry that he'll keep showing up in it into old age...

Apologies for the aspiration muddle. I don't find the titles very intuitive. It's Romantic Explorer that Amy's completed. I'll edit the post.

Next part-week update, completing Dai's generation, should drop in a couple of hours. And yes, I'm looking forward to Amy's generation.  The fifth has been sooooo long!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 5.10: New Rules (30-Aug)
« Reply #260 on: August 30, 2024, 03:24:50 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 5.10: New Rules

Previously: Caerwyn aged into a Family-Oriented young adult and romanced 3 potential baby mamas, marrying Shiew; Amy completed her penpal postcard collection; Imogen aged into a Teen and hacked her way to become a young adult, she moved in with her aunt Dale; Amy aged into an Adventurous young adult and got adventurous with her BFF Ivan.

L-to-R: Theo, Amy, Dai, Umber, Dorothy, Coral, Caerwyn
5.9.family.jpg

Citizen: We don’t get many pregnant tourists here.
Amy: I’m exploring places before the baby arrives. Hey, could you send me a postcard?
Citizen: I have no idea how to do that.
Amy: Never mind. My hedgehog will sort that out…
Citizen: Hedgehog? What's a hedgehog?

5.10.1.jpg

Watcher: No! Umber? Not the bathroom!
Umber: This floor feels nice and cool….
Watcher: No…..!

5.10.2.jpg

Dai: Oh Mum. I’m glad to see you out of bed. I’m so sorry about Dad.
Dorothy: Sniff!
Dai: Caerwyn’s third baby was born just as Dad died. They’re going to call him Umber.
Dorothy: Sob!

5.10.4.jpg

Dorothy: It’s so good to know that you’re pregnant. I can’t wait to meet your baby.
Amy: Oh Granny!

5.10.5.jpg

Dai: Umber’s adorable.
Caerwyn: Isn’t he? He’s got Grandad’s hair and eyes!
Dai: Let me take a photo….

5.10.7.jpg

Caerwyn: Samantha! I’m so glad you‘ve come to my new house in Tartosa.
Samantha: I’ve only been a phone call away.
Caerwyn: Yes, but not in the world. I couldn’t visit to meet baby Jackie.
Samantha: She’s so precious.
Caerwyn: Move in with me. Then I can see you both all the time! There’s plenty of room.

5.10.9.jpg

Dai: She’s beautiful. Your daughter has your hair and eyes.
Caerwyn: She’ll boss her brothers around, I just know she will.
Dai: Are you sure it’s a good idea – having all 3 children here with their mothers?
Caerwyn: We’ll all look after each other. It’ll be perfect…
Dai: Hm.

5.10.10.jpg

Coral: I’ve reached the top of my Mixology career and given it up. I’m selling my crystal creations on Plopsy. People snap them up like hot cakes! Amy’s the only worker now. She’s got to level 4 in her Writing career. She could go all the way to the top if only she’ll stick at it.

5.10.11.jpg

Dorothy: Not Dearg! My firstborn!
Amy: Oh no!
Dai: Brother? Not at Amy’s Baby Shower! Theo’s supposed to be aging up too!
Dale: It’s too sad.

5.10.13.jpg

Hondo Ohnaka: Didn’t I see you here two days ago?
Amy: Maybe…
Hondo: Asking lots of questions….what are you up to?
Amy: Gotta go – there’s my contactfriend.

5.10.14.jpg

Armageddo: Beep Beep. The Hero of Strangerville?
Amy: That’s my Granny. Come and say hello.

5.10.15.jpg

Amy: Baby Blaze! Your crib ended up here, next to all the certificates for my aunts and uncles. They were a big generation and so was mine. But you and your brother Rory are enough for me. No need to improve on perfection!

5.10.18.jpg

Dai: So when’s the wedding?
Marcella: And when are you getting a job?
Ivan: Hasn’t Amy talked to you, yet?
Marcella: What’s to discuss? Things need to happen.
Dai: Look, I’m having one final Family Reunion and then I want things settled!

5.10.19.jpg

Dai: What’s this about you kids not getting married?
Amy: Ivan wants a Dog and I really don’t!
Dai: That’s no excuse for not getting married!
Ivan: That’s what I said. I don’t need a dog.
Amy: I’m sorry. I just don’t want to get married. I don’t want to be in that sort of trad arrangement.
Dai: But the boys will need their father!
Amy: And Ivan will visit. Often. But we’ll live separate lives.
Dai: I just don’t understand the modern generation.
Amy: It’s time for New Rules, Dad.

5.10.21.jpg

Week 43 part 1 (Year 3, Autumn 3/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken – Complete Week 31, Friday
Dorothy: Heir
– Elder (lived 164 days)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Generation 5 – Growing Together – Complete Week 43, Tuesday
Dai: Heir
– Adult (25 Days to Elder) – Growing Together – In Progress
Traits: Cheerful, Good, Family-Oriented +Insider +Romantically Reserved +Active
Coral: Spouse to Heir – Adult (34 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Loves Outdoors, Generous +Perfectionist +Outgoing +Neat
Generation 6
– YA (23 Days to Adult)
Theo: Spare – Teen (26s day to YA)
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Creative
Generation 7
Rory: Heir
– Infant (5 days to Toddler)
Cautious
Blaze: Spare – Infant (5 days to Toddler)
Wiggly

L-to-R: Theo, Dai holding Blaze, Dorothy, Amy holding Rory, Coral
5.10.family.jpg

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Downloads
Caerwyn’s new home at Via Romanza in Tartosa – Tartosa Family Home by ShibaSimSim

Caerwyns Family.jpg

Dai ended up with photos of 52 family members. I tried to put them in a good order but that went out the window after a while. Sometimes he couldn’t take photos and I don’t know why he just waved at me. Othertimes, he would be on the other side of someone or even a wall, making it a dud shot. I was quite pleased with 52.

family photos.jpg

Amy’s Marital Status and Career rolls have yet to be revealed. Currently she has her 2 required children and is single. She is moving to establish her own home as I type!

Amys Family.jpg

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 5.10: New Rules (30-Aug)
« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2024, 03:45:22 PM »
A colossal congrats to Dai to completing his looong generation at last!

As for Theo, we didn't get a close-up of him as a teen but, when I saw his child birthday photo, I'd forgotten that he was adopted and thought he resembled Umber.
As for Amy's unrevealed Marital Status and career, I'm guessing she'll become a Freelance Author or a Writer/Autor or Journalist.
And she dumped Ivan (but her twins will be adorable for sure)!!.
Really looking forward to your next update when we find out where Amy has moved, how she'll make her living, and other details of her new life!

It's quite curious how different our RLC generations have turned out.
Though you don't know that yet, of course, since my RLC heir is still a toddler.  But not for long!

Best wishes to Amy in her new life and a heartfelt congrats to her Watch on surviving Dai's detailed, time-consuming generation!
Great job, Watcher!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.1: Talking ‘Bout My Generation
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2024, 09:13:56 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.1: Talking ‘Bout My Generation

Previously: Amy began exploring Batuu; Umber and Dearg died; Caerwyn moved to Tartosa with all 3 children and their mamas; Amy gave birth to the next generation – Rory our heir and his twin Blaze; at Dai’s last family reunion, Amy revealed that she wanted to live alone with her boys.

L-to-R: Theo, Dai holding Blaze, Dorothy, Amy holding Rory, Coral
5.10.family.jpg

Amy: It’s Wednesday and a whole new dawn of my generation. Mum and Dad moved back to the Hopewell Hills area of San Sequoia with Theo and Granny Dorothy. They wanted a smaller place. But, with Winter only a week away, can you guess where I’ve chosen to put down roots? I’ve got my share of the family money so Watcher’s finding me a ready-made house, no expense spared.

6.1.1.jpg

Amy: You may think I’d be lonely here at Sapphire Shores, in my luxury beach house but I’ve got a live-in butler called Yutaka Ishii. He’s a bit High Maintenance and Loves Outdoors but he’s very good at feeding and changing the boys. He won’t do Tummy Time with them. Nor will Nanny Dorothy so I just have to do that with them in what little spare time I get. I got kicked out of my own club when I became a Young Adult…
Watcher: My bad…
Amy: …So I joined the Page Turners. It seemed appropriate as I want to write books. The leader of it was the Vampire Prime Fetu so I quickly deposed him and kicked him out. They like to meet at the library but have agreed to meet at mine while the boys are little.

6.1.2.jpg

Amy: My neighbours came on Friday afternoon. They brought some food and a bowl of kava but took ages to come in. There’s Alex Moyer – yes, the immortal; and then Shingo and Ranji who are both Kleptomaniacs and need watching like a hawk. Still, there’s so much stuff in this house, part of me wouldn’t mind if they took some bits and pieces.

6.1.3.jpg

Amy: Alex et al arrived  after a day of my Writer’s career. I know I got promoted to level 4 and I love writing but…doing it as a job was getting a bit boring.
So when Michael Moon, Imogen’s housemate, called to offer me a level 4 Gardener’s job, I grabbed the opportunity with both hands. I would be a Renaissance Sim if I were allowed to change Aspirations! True, I have zero gardening skills so it will take me a while to get a promotion but they say a change is as good as a rest.
Of course it was hard to concentrate with Ranji and Shingo getting a head start on Neighbourhood Brawl day. Alex said they were both fighting over which part of the house they wanted to look at.

6.1.6.jpg

Amy: Aw – my baby daddy! Isn’t Ivan lovely with Blaze? Ivan and his Mum Marcella have come for a stayover. They don’t do TummyTime either but it’s good for the boys to know their extended family.

6.1.7.jpg

Amy: Marcella spent more time with Blaze than Rory because I was too hungry and tired to introduce him as well until Saturday morning. I made sure I did it before work though.

6.1.8.jpg

Amy: And here’s me after my first day at work. I’ve kept my outfit I chose to be a writer but I’ve got a new practical outfit for gardening. I’ll get my gardening skills up. You see if I don’t!
I called a club meeting of the Page Turners while I planned to write about my new job. But I was too tired really and sent them home.
I haven’t had time to visit Batuu again but Thimble visited Sixam and sent me back a postcard. I wonder where he’ll go next…

6.1.9.jpg

Week 43 part 2 (Year 3, Autumn 3/4)
Generation 6 – Random Rolls
– YA (23 Days to Adult)
Generation 7
– Infant (1 days to Toddler)
Cautious, Self-Soother
Blaze: Spare – Infant (1 days to Toddler)
Wiggly, Self-Soother, Frequently hiccups

L-to-R: Amy holding Rory, Blaze
6.1.family.jpg
Residence: Sapphire Shores, Lani St Taz, Sulani

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Downloads
Dai’s new home – Suburban Family House by Plumbob Kingdom
Amy’s Modern Luxury Beach House by LoveSimplySim – I’ve used this one previously. It’s beautiful but very rambling so not great for gameplay.

Accepting all job offers and trying to get at least one promotion in 5 careers is my swap for the Career Hopper roll that I got – have 5 different careers, also randomly rolled. With a Pristine Reputation, my Sims get job offers all the time and I rarely accept them. I thought it would be interesting to have Amy make the most of that. She might have to work hard to get promotions before the next offer rolls in but we’ll see how she gets on.

Because of the Career Hopper roll, I’d intended Amy to be Non-Committal as an Adult but that’s not possible with her being a LoveBug. Adventurous as an alternative will suit her adventures in Batuu.

Ivan is lovely and would have made a great spouse. But Amy rolled Single with all the services, no-one else in the house. I’d like him to be available for the twins to spend time with so he should appear in various updates.

I will be sticking to the Random Legacy Challenge Rules here mostly – only income from careers, no early age-ups, etc. This includes the restriction on changing Aspirations until they’re complete. She is on the Batuu one currently and won’t be able to continue the Bestselling Author until it’s done. In between those, she’ll auto-complete Renaissance Sim because of her careers/skills.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 6.1: Talking ‘Bout My Generation (1-Sep)
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2024, 01:53:18 PM »
I'm trying so hard to move forward with my Costas so we can do our RLC generations at the same time.
I'm shocked that we chose the town (but different islands) for our RLC heirs.

Have you read Piece of Princess's updated rules?  You could invite Ivan to stay for a stayover but not let the infants control him.
I imagine asking Ivan to "help out" would be cool, though.  He looks great with the babies!
Ooooh, the career hopper roll. Your replacing that with the many job offers is a great idea, esp. since they usually start at Level 5.  Good luck!
What an interesting combination of generational parameters you rolled!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 6.1: Talking ‘Bout My Generation (1-Sep)
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2024, 05:43:15 AM »
I'm trying so hard to move forward with my Costas so we can do our RLC generations at the same time.
I'm shocked that we chose the town (but different islands) for our RLC heirs.

Have you read Piece of Princess's updated rules?  You could invite Ivan to stay for a stayover but not let the infants control him.
I imagine asking Ivan to "help out" would be cool, though.  He looks great with the babies!
Ooooh, the career hopper roll. Your replacing that with the many job offers is a great idea, esp. since they usually start at Level 5.  Good luck!
What an interesting combination of generational parameters you rolled!
It would be fun to play our random gens at the same time, especially as they're in the same world. I suspect we've got totally different rolls though, lol!

I must confess I was only working with the original rules. I'll look at the piece of princess updated rules and try to pull it in to those. Some water has gone under the bridge however so I'll have to draw a line. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.2: The Power of Plumbite
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2024, 05:54:25 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.2: The Power of Plumbite (sic)

Previously: Amy and her twin sons Rory and Blaze moved to Sapphire Shores in the Lani St Taz neighbourhood of Sulani, hiring a butler as well as a regular gardener and maid; she joined the Page Turners Club and quickly took it over; after just one promotion as a Writer, Amy accepted a job offer to be a Gardener; Ivan, Rory and Blaze’s Dad came for a Stayover with his mother Marcella.

6.1.family.jpg

Marcella: I’ve really enjoyed staying over with your children, Ivan.
Ivan: I can’t believe how fast they’re growing. This PotLuck social that Amy’s thrown for their birthday is going well.
Marcella: It’s a shame her Watcher isn’t taking more photos.
Ivan: Ah, she’s just distracted by preparations for her own birthday.
Marcella: Oh yes! She’s got stayover guests too!

6.2.1.jpg

Amy: Working as a Gardener has given me the inspiration for my new Playful book, Fun In The Sun. However, it’s taking a really long time to max my Writing skill without the family club!

6.2.2.jpg

Blaze (orange): Dollhouse fun
Rory (purple): Dollhouse smash

6.2.3.jpg

Amy: Those boys are driving me nuts. Blaze is a Picky Eater and will only take a bite of something before feeling yucky. Rory just wants to smash everything or play in the toilet! Thank goodness our new butler Tomati automatically looks after them. I’m not sure why he’s come as a replacement but he works hard. The boys were upset when Nanny Dorothy died but Nanny Analyn is great. Leaving the boys with her made me relax enough to get my promotion to level 6 and take the Botanist branch.

6.2.4.jpg

Nanny Analyn: You really like this book, don’t you Blaze.
Blaze: More!
Dai: I love coming over and seeing them. You say Amy will be back later?
Nanny Analyn: Yes, she’s working her new level 5 Culinary shift, and got a racy new outfit to go with it. She’s hoping to be a Mixologist.

6.2.7.jpg

Amy: Thank you so much for my last postcard.
Thimble: You’re welcome.
Amy: I was surprised that you went to Sixam before Windenburg…
Thimble: That’s how we hedgehogs roll.
Amy: Are you sure you want to be released?
Thimble: I’ve got a hibernation spot lined up in Granite Falls for the Winter. I need to get off before Winter strikes.
Amy: We’ll miss you.
Thimble: So long and thanks for all the worms.

6.2.8.jpg

Amy: With zero Mixology skill, I need to work hard to secure that next promotion. Thankfully, the Page Turners club are all big drinkers so making drinks for them all is helping. They didn’t understand why I changed my job again until I told them some of the stories I get while tending bar. The regulars seem to think it’s some kind of confessional but I’m mining those anecdotes for my stories! No confidentiality agreements here!

6.2.10.jpg

Amy (spaceman): Come and eat our Grand Dinner! Happy Harvest everyone!
Rory: Broccoli!
Marcella: Very good. Broccoli on the card and broccoli for dinner!

6.2.12.jpg

Amy: Ow ow ow! These stupid bees. I voted in the Gardening NAP while I was a Gardener last week so I needed to get some bees to comply. But these bees are definitely not the bees knees in terms of amiability! Ow!

6.2.16.jpg

Amy: Aha! I’m a level 6 Mixologist! Captain Rodrigo’s casket will look great in the dining kitchen.

6.2.18.jpg

Rory: Bash bash bash!
Blaze: Poor dolly. B’aze ‘scue you!
Rory: Roar!

6.2.19.jpg

Amy: You boys stay awake so much longer when you’ve got this plumbite crystal around. Are you happy being awake for so long?
Rory: More More!
Amy: OK but only one more round. I need to write a book. Your Mummy has got her Writer’s job back – level 5 as a Regular Contributor now. Next stop is a Short Story Writer!

6.2.21.jpg

Week 44 (Year 3, Autumn 4/4)
– YA (16 Days to Adult)
Traits: Outgoing, LoveBug, Adventurous +Cheerful
Generation 7
– Toddler (1 days to Infant)
Independent, Early Riser, Destructive, Loves Water
Blaze: Spare – Toddler (1 days to Infant)
Independent, Early Riser, Picky Eater, Loves Wake-up Time

6.2.family.jpg

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
Amy is doing well without the benefit of a constant family club. She calls a meeting at her house most days if she’s not working and uses the meetings to write books. She hasn't published any books yet and won't until she's completed her 5 career promotions and the Batuu challenge which will complete her requirements. Then she'll stick with the Writer/Author career and publish books as required by her Bestselling Author aspiration.

Going back into the Writer career will not tick off another of the 5 required careers but it did add in to the narrative of her overall desire to be a serious writer.

With the boys due to become Children on Monday, Amy is hoping to spend some time on Batuu, albeit time-limited, to progress in that aspiration.

Rory (purple) and Blaze (orange) are both adorable. Their blonde hair was predictable as both their parents have it. Rory’s violet eyes, from Amy, make him the clear choice for Gen 7 heir. But Blaze’s brown eyes are like pools of melted chocolate….mmm…it must be time to open one of my birthday chocolate boxes….

Rory Toddler.jpgBlaze Toddler.jpg

I couldn't see any rule against using the plumbite crystal to help the boys skill up to Top Notch Toddlers. I may not have looked very hard...

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 6.2: The Power of Plumbite (2-Sep)
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2024, 02:45:25 PM »
Sadly, Vitor will never catch up to Amy.  He's only one age stage away from Rory and Blaze, lol!
And even after he's a teen, Gisele must wait until autumn to complete her last requirement. *sniffle, sniffle

Amy's being really smashing through her requirements.
Blaze and Rory are lovely and, naturally, destructive Rory with his violet eyes shall be heir!  How fun!
All the career changes must be fun, since Amy can switch up how she earns money as she goes along!
Vitor will need to be be very careful to grow only enough produce for cooking...

As for Piece of Princess's updated rules, they mainly add new clarifications for more recent packs and new rolls related to those packs.
Although I won't disable Laundry Stuff, I simply REFUSE to do laundry.  Or, I mean, should I try it? I've never lasted more than several sim-days, lol!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Amy will be close to done before Vitor can move out.

And last but not least..A big Humple Borphna, Watcher!  🎂🎁💞

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2024, 03:43:50 PM »
Sadly, Vitor will never catch up to Amy.  He's only one age stage away from Rory and Blaze, lol!
And even after he's a teen, Gisele must wait until autumn to complete her last requirement. *sniffle, sniffle

Blaze and Rory are lovely and, naturally, destructive Rory with his violet eyes shall be heir!  How fun!
All the career changes must be fun, since Amy can switch up how she earns money as she goes along!
Vitor will need to be be very careful to grow only enough produce for cooking...

As for Piece of Princess's updated rules, they mainly add new clarifications for more recent packs and new rolls related to those packs.
Although I won't disable Laundry Stuff, I simply REFUSE to do laundry.  Or, I mean, should I try it? I've never lasted more than several sim-days, lol!

Thank you for the birthday greetings.

I think I must crave routine. I mildly enjoy having the children of the house get the laundry underway each morning when they wake up. I find it strangely satisfying.

I'm enjoying accepting the job offers. They're quite random with no reference to her existing skills, lol.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2024, 04:25:21 PM »

Thank you for the birthday greetings.

I think I must crave routine. I mildly enjoy having the children of the house get the laundry underway each morning when they wake up. I find it strangely satisfying.

I'm enjoying accepting the job offers. They're quite random with no reference to her existing skills, lol.

Your children doing laundry?  Either you're referring to your real-life children or Rory and Blaze are no longer toddlers.
I mean laundry in real life is a must, but I'm not sure I want to sign up for laundry in Vitor's generation.  I shall give it a considering go and we shall see.
About the plumbite gemstones, I plan to let Vitor use them in his generation regardless of the updated RLC rules.
Otherwise, my sim-infants spend most of their time asleep, waking only for diaper changes, meals, and the very rare bath...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.3: Wrecking Ball
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2024, 04:14:12 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 6.3: Wrecking Ball

Previously: Ivan, the father of Gen 7, and his mother Marcella finished their stayover with their Toddler birthday; Destructive Rory kept smashing the dollhouse; Thimble sent his final postcard and went to hibernate in Granite Falls; Amy got a career as a Mixologist, mining her clientele for their anecdotes, but was lured back to the Writer career as a Regular Contributor (level 5)

6.2.family.jpg

Watcher: Rory! I thought we’d got you settled for bed!
Rory: Crash Bash Smash

6.3.1.jpg

Tomati: Thanks for mending the dolls house. There were so many books left out after your Page Turners meeting that I hadn’t got around to it.

6.3.3.jpg

Amy: I don’t know what drives Rory to smash everything. He’s just as free with his hugs.
Tomati: He is a conundrum.

6.3.5.jpg

Amy: Every Blessing on you, my little Wrecking Ball.
Rory: Hugga Mamma!
Amy: So sweet, yet so….

6.3.6.jpg

Blaze: Gandad?
Rodney: Oh, hello. You must be Rory.
Blaze: BAZE!
Rodney: How would I know? Your Mama never invites me over and didn’t want to marry your Papa.
Blaze: No like U
Rodney: Well!

6.3.7.jpg

Watcher: Really? You’ve maxed your Thinking. You really should know better by now.
Rory: Splishy Splashy Splishy Splashy

6.3.8.jpg

Amy: Off to get my promotion to be a Short Story Writer. I’ve got so many stories in me. It’ll be great to get paid to write them.

6.3.9.jpg

Tomati: Now boys, don’t go in the water until I get there. I just need to empty this rubbish.
Rory (armbands): Splishy Splashy
Blaze: OK…

6.3.10.jpg

Rory: Splishy Splashy
Blaze: Me too!

6.3.11.jpg

Tomati: Maybe this is why the last butler moved on…I’m not getting paid enough for this. Actually, with Amy’s Free Services, I’m not getting paid at all!

6.3.12.jpg

Amy: Happy Birthday Rory!
Rory: Pfft
Amy: Hot Headed? Oh no! I did wonder how your Destructive nature would continue.
Rory: I love you Mummy!
Amy: Still my sweet boy too. Let’s age up your brother too.

6.3.13.jpg

Blaze: I’m a Bookworm like Dad so joining Mummy’s Page Turners Club was great for me. Rory is more of a run-around lad but he’s got a good heart so Mummy let him join too.

6.3.14.jpg

Rory: Oh, how did you win that game so easily?
Blaze: It was easy!
Rory: Grr, I’m going to Rile You UP.
Watcher: No you’re not. This family works together.
Rory: I want to meet some non-family members!
Watcher: That’s what you took from that?

6.3.15.jpg

Blaze: Am I right that we’re just wasting time until we can sleep in the Treehouse?
Rory: Yep! Me first.
Blaze: But can’t we swap our aspirations around and get through them quickly.
Rory: Nope

6.3.16.jpg

Vi: Hello stranger.
Amy: I know, I know. I just couldn’t make it while the twins were little.
Vi: But now they’re Children?
Amy: I’m all yours – apart from work, of course…

6.3.17.jpg

Michael: Hey Rory.
Rory: Hi GG! Why so sad?
Michael: Your Gt Granny Dorothy died. We were very fond of her.
Rory: Poor Grandad. It’ll be OK.

6.3.18.jpg

Amy: Here’s a shot of my first flight, distracting the First Order. It’s not surprising I got my next Author promotion to Novelist (7). These trips to Batuu really give me good material. Oops. The boys are home from school. Time to get back to Earth.

6.3.19.jpg

Week 45 (Year 3, Winter 1/4)
– YA (10 Days to Adult)
Traits: Outgoing, LoveBug, Adventurous +Cheerful
Generation 7
– Child (9 days to Teen)
Traits: Hot-Headed
Blaze: Spare – Child (9 days to Teen)
Traits: Bookworm

L-to-R: Blaze, Amy, Rory
6.3.family.jpg

Progress

Prior Generations

Notes
As Rory has received his primary trait – Hot Headed – it is time to announce that his generation – Gen 7 – will be based on the Fatal Flaws Hot Headed generation. That Rory developed the Destructive quirk as a Toddler was very apt! Blaze's name seems more apt for the Hot Head gen but Rory's name means "red" too.

Rory
Rory Child.jpg

Blaze
Blaze Child.jpg

Although the twins aged up on Monday, the best photos of the week were Toddler spam. Not being able to chop and change their aspirations is a real change for me and I’ve not planned well. After completing Creative Genius, I picked Whiz Kid with the need to get an ‘A’. Impossible to complete until school on Monday. One day I will learn to think ahead! Almost any of the others would have been better!