Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.6: You Can Leave Your Hat On (5-Jul)  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2024, 04:29:24 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love

Previously: Dorothy did 4 decorating gigs and got 2 promotions; the middle twins, Deco and Dale aged up to children; the youngest twins, Denim and Disco aged into Toddlers and got a bit more attention with the older ones all at school; the family moved to Plateau Place to get more room.

L-to-R: Dearg, Dorothy holding Disco, Dale, Umber holding Denim, Deco, Dixie
4.4.family.jpg
Residence: Plateau Place, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Dawn: Hey kiddos!
Dearg: Wow! Are you…
Dixie: …our grandparents?
Michael: No. We’re Greater! Lol.
Deco: Our Great Grandparents?
Dawn: Even Greater!
Dale: Our Great Great Grandparents?
Michael: Got it in 1, 2, 3 Kiddos. Who wants a toffee?
All: Me Me!

4.5.1.jpg

Dorothy: We held an Incognito party for Denim and Disco’s birthday. Predictably we failed at the party aims, which Umber really felt. He wants everyone to think he’s a real party-pro. Those dance moves of his! Oh my!

4.5.2.jpg

Umber: My dance moves are classic, I’ll have you know! Anyway the boys aged up into Insider Denim and Art Lover Disco. Denim decided on a shorter hair style but Disco really loves the full ‘fro.

4.5.3.jpg

Dorothy: I couldn’t believe it when I saw Aunt Daisy’s name on the gig list. She had a magazine coming to do a house photo shoot because she’s so famous. She really needed my help. I checked out the household – they’ve got 2 adult children Raymond and Pavel plus some younger ones. I really wanted to do it in person as it was family but, no matter how hard I pushed, all I got was – no yellow or purple. I had a free rein with décor style but that was what worried me.
In the end, I decided to go full on show-biz. It’s not really how Aunt Daisy is but maybe that’s what she wanted for the magazine article. The original Charm estate is so dark and spartan. Why their bed is tucked round that awkward corner, I don’t know. I fixed that; lightened everything up and added some sparkles. I even put in a fully-opening slide door and made a balcony instead of the roof to the side.
I had no confidence that they’d like it, but I liked it. Plus there was absolutely no yellow or purple!

4.5.6.jpg

Dorothy: Aunt Daisy loved it! We had a lovely hug. No unfortunate smooches! I was so glad that I’d done right by family.

4.5.7.jpg

Dearg: Mine and Dixie’s birthday was the day after Denim and Disco’s and none of us wanted another party, even though Mum came home buzzing from our Great Aunt Daisy’s project. Dad made us a great black and white cake and I blew out my candles first.

4.5.8.jpg

Dixie: I went second, of course!
Dearg: Oh – erm. Long black socks with pink sandals?
Dixie: What about your old-man cardigan?
Dorothy: OK kids, settle down. I’m on my way to the dresser, right now!

4.5.9.jpg

Umber: Dearg had become very Self-Assured, like his Mum. Although we’re a bit concerned that he wants to be a Serial Romantic. Dixie couldn’t be more different. She’s become Unflirty. That could be awkward! Still – she’s working on being a Painter Extraordinaire, like her Mum.

4.5.9a.jpg

Dorothy: I let Dearg and Dixie both have Friday off school. They hadn’t had a chance to do any exam revision and it didn’t seem a great way to start High School. I, however, had a gig which I attended alone. I was really hopeful and my hopes were fulfilled! I got the top promotion!

4.5.10.jpg

Dorothy: Not only that, I got a call to say one of my gigs will be featured on TV next Friday. I checked my calendar and there’s nothing in it yet. I do hope I won’t forget!

4.5.11.jpg

Umber: Dorothy was so happy about her final promotion. She’ll continue to do gigs but not as many. We wanted to make over the last house in our neighbourhood so we moved to StrangerVille Overlook. The entrance is on the South side of the lot but the best views are on the North which is a bit of a shame. Still, we can make it work for us. I’m going to be busy making furniture to fill this. Dorothy will do some too, when she’s not out making other peoples’ dream houses.

4.5.12.jpg

Dearg: Thanks for training me, Mum.
Dorothy: It’s important to know what your limitations are so you don’t get into trouble. That Scruberoo spell is really useful!
Dearg: What about the Allure one?
Dorothy: You’re not ready for that, yet.

4.5.13.jpg

Dearg: Prom was cancelled!
Dorothy: Oh – maybe you should have gone into school on Friday. I bet they’re between Heads again!
Dixie: I couldn’t go anyway, not with my Life Guard job.
Dearg: I took a vacation – waste of a vacation day! I’d got plans. Did you know I have amazing compatibility with Lorelei Spencer-Kim?
Dorothy: I know she likes Music, but isn’t she Evil?
Dearg: And yet we have Amazing Compatibility. Go figure?
Dixie: I thought you wanted to date Karissa Makey.
Dearg: Well, she did invite me to the cancelled Prom but we have neutral compatibility, she’s a Neat, Bro (yawn) and she’s my half great Aunt! How weird is that? She does live in Glimmerbrook which is a plus. Oh – I don’t know. I just know I want to date someone.
Dorothy: Follow your heart!
Dearg: So I should date Lorelei?
Dorothy & Dixie: NO!

4.5.15.jpg

Week 29 (Year 2, Winter 1/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir
– YA (3 days to Adult)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – Adult (37 days to Elder)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Spellcaster Heir?
– Teen (19 days to YA)
Insider, Self-Assured
Dixie: Heir? – Teen (19 days to YA)
Self-Assured, Unflirty
Deco: Heir? – Child (4 days to Teen)
Loves Outdoors
Dale: Heir? – Child (4 days to Teen)
Loner
Denim: Heir? – Child (11 days to Teen)
Insider
Disco: Heir? – Child (11 days to Teen)
Art Lover

L-to-R: Denim, Dale, Dearg, Umber, Dorothy, Dixie, Deco, Disco
4.5.family.jpg
Residence: StrangerVille Overlook, Shady Acres, StrangerVille

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Umber is now doing Mansion Baron to tick off all the early steps in the aspiration on their final home. It says they only own 7 pieces of artwork when they have plenty of Dorothy’s work. I seem to have the glitch back where the family don’t always own things they bring with them – the fridge, the bookcase, artwork that they’ve created. It’s a weird glitch but not insurmountable.

Running an 8-person household is quite busy but, with everyone a child or older, it’s a walk-in-the-park compared to previously!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2024, 12:58:20 PM »
First of all, a HUGE congrats to Dorothy on climbing to the pinnacle of her Interior Decorator career!  *throws rose petals
Auntie Daisey's makeover looks great!  What a tremendous difference!
Great decision living the Roswells' former house for last.
That's such an atrocious-looking, poorly-furnished build; it really needs a makeover!
She is so close to completing all of her requirements now! The rest will be a breeze!

Regarding Prom, my teens have learned they need to show up at school on Thursday, at the latest, to spawn a Principal for Prom.
For my teens, Thursday always spawns a Principal; Friday has never worked.

About Mansion Baron, does their artwork count if you put them all away and place them all again?
When I simply need to complete the first milestone (not worried about lot value), I just place cobwebs and baby paintings. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2024, 10:43:43 PM »
Congrats on the final promotion and the Dream Home Decorator attention! Also for getting all the kids out of toddlerhood! It's too bad about Prom. It's such a bummer that they don't fix that glitch.

So all that's left is the last level of Mansion Baron? Oh my! So close! Great job, Watcher!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2024, 02:18:28 AM »
First of all, a HUGE congrats to Dorothy on climbing to the pinnacle of her Interior Decorator career!  *throws rose petals
Auntie Daisey's makeover looks great!  What a tremendous difference!
Great decision living the Roswells' former house for last.
That's such an atrocious-looking, poorly-furnished build; it really needs a makeover!
She is so close to completing all of her requirements now! The rest will be a breeze!

Regarding Prom, my teens have learned they need to show up at school on Thursday, at the latest, to spawn a Principal for Prom.
For my teens, Thursday always spawns a Principal; Friday has never worked.

About Mansion Baron, does their artwork count if you put them all away and place them all again?
When I simply need to complete the first milestone (not worried about lot value), I just place cobwebs and baby paintings. :D
Thanks for the info on spawning a new Head. So, even if Dearg & Dixie had gone to High School on the Friday, the Prom still would have cancelled.  ::)

One of the family club activities is painting so the adults & teens are generating paintings so quickly - that 1st milestone will be ticked off really soon

Having to replace the fridge and bookcase each move is more irritating although Dorothy doesn't need to move again.

I've probably had this glitch all through this challenge. Gen 2 stayed in one house and gen 3 only moved once. It was only gen 1, moving around Evergreen Harbour, and now this one that it's become annoying.

Congrats on the final promotion and the Dream Home Decorator attention! Also for getting all the kids out of toddlerhood! It's too bad about Prom. It's such a bummer that they don't fix that glitch.

So all that's left is the last level of Mansion Baron? Oh my! So close! Great job, Watcher!
Once I got into the flow, alternating between joining Dorothy on her gigs and sending her solo, I started to enjoy the Interior Decorator career. To get speedier promotions, solo gigs would be the route. Especially with the Entrepreneur Reward Trait and Negotiating Bonus.

I'm hoping to delay starting Gen 5 until the new EP comes out so Dorothy has plenty of time to get her final residence just right and make lots of the furnishings.

I may regret that, if the new pack comes out with lots of bugs! But I shall choose to be optimistic (and be careful to have a save file!)  :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2024, 08:03:57 PM »
I'm hoping to delay starting Gen 5 until the new EP comes out so Dorothy has plenty of time to get her final residence just right and make lots of the furnishings.

I may regret that, if the new pack comes out with lots of bugs! But I shall choose to be optimistic (and be careful to have a save file!)  :D

My Gen 6 will be busy with other things and WILL have time for love, but WON'T have time to explore a whole new EP - So I'm looking forward to learning from you (and @oshizu if she gets the new EP early too) so I'll know what bugs, etc. there are before my Gen 7, who will be better able to make use of the new pack.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.6: You Can Leave Your Hat On
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2024, 11:57:41 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 4.6: Does Your Mother Know

Previously: Gen 5 met their Founders, Dawn & Michael; Denim and Disco aged into Insider and Art-Lover Children; Dorothy did a successful showbiz makeover for her Aunt Daisy; Dearg and Dixie aged into Self-Assured and Unflirty Teens; Dorothy got her top Interior Decorator promotion and the promise of a feature on TVs Dream Home Decorator programme; Prom was cancelled but Dearg realised he had Amazing Compatibility with Evil, Music-Loving Lorelei Spencer-Kim

L-to-R: Denim, Dale, Dearg, Umber, Dorothy, Dixie, Deco, Disco
4.5.family.jpg

Sunday
Dorothy: Come on, Dearg! While it’s still warm enough to swim!
Dearg: I thought I’d ask Lorelei on a date!
Dorothy: I don’t want an Evil daughter-in-law.
Dearg: Mum! I just want a date!
Umber: Who would have thought the river in Mt Komorebi would still be swimmable in Winter?
Dixie: It’s definitely not warm though!
Dearg: I’ll send her a selfie of me in my swimwear…

4.6.1.jpg

Dorothy: Look, Dearg. I know I want grandkids but you need to find the right one.
Dearg: But I have Amazing Compatibility with Lorelei. All the other Teens are just Neutral – bleurgh!
Umber: Keep looking, son. Keep looking. Did you see that Jaxson Landgraab wants to go to the Prom with Dixie as friends.
Dorothy: Well, he’s a fine Green Fiend, if a little Materialistic. His ice-grey hair is a little unusual. I’ve got a gig with his family on Tuesday. I’ll check them out.
Dearg: They're just friends Mum. You know she’s Unflirty.
Umber: Why don’t you ask Karissa Makey out?
Dearg: Dad!
Dorothy: Meanwhile, we’ve all completed the first Milestone of the Mt Komorebi aspiration without freezing to death and the boys have both been blessed.
Umber: Yay! No hard feelings anywhere.

4.6.2.jpg

Dearg: Thanks for all joining me at the bluffs.
Aicha (yellow, Good Self-Assured): I’m glad there’s a bonfire to light, brrrr
Ami (pink, Clumsy Music Lover): No swimming today. Let’s dance.
Shaina (beige, Lazy Foodie): I can’t be bothered. I’m out of here.
Lorelei (hat): There’s no point in doing your homework, when you’re not a watched Sim.
Karissa (seated, Neat Bro): I might be soon though. I’ll stick at it, if that’s OK with you?
Lorelei: Sure. I’m gonna dance with Dearg.

4.6.4.jpg

Dearg: Thanks for staying behind, Lorelei.
Lorelei: Well, it is fun to think I’m helping you annoy your parents.
Dearg: Is that the only reason you stayed?
Lorelei: We-ell, you’re quite cute…

4.6.5.jpg

Monday
Dorothy: Good morning, sleepy head!
Umber: Ah! That was a good night’s sleep. Did Disco get his full 6 hours in the treehouse?
Dorothy: Yes. That’s the last time we need to do that. All the kids have gone off to school.
Umber: And here’s us, still in our nightwear.
Dorothy: You know…with the house being empty…no interruptions…
Umber: Well, it would be a shame not to get some morning glory!
Dorothy: And maybe some afternoon delight?
Watcher: Hey! I thought you were going to do some woodwork together! I mean...forget it!

4.6.6.jpg

Umber: This is very grown-up. A black and white party and we’ve already completed the goals.
Michael: Happy Birthday, Dorothy!

4.6.7.jpg

Dorothy: So, Mr Landgraab, between you all you like Pink, Green, Yellow, Orange, Purple and White? That’s quite a colour palette.
Luca: But no Boho or Patio Décor. Only Modern or Shabby.
Dorothy: You know Shabby overlaps a lot with Boho Décor?
Luca: Just do your best on the new level.
Dorothy: About that, your budget is quite tight for a whole new level…
Luca: Your reputation precedes you. I’m sure we’ll be blown away. And, if not, well Jaxon’s brothers Cade and Jonah are both Evil….
Dorothy: That sounds like a threat!
Luca: We’ll see.

4.6.8.jpg

Dixie: Happy Birthday, Dale!
Dorothy: Happy Birthday. Quick, your newly Self-Assured sister Deco has gone off to fish.
Dale: I’ll join her but first, let me show you my retro dance moves.
Dorothy: That looks like one of your fathers. Oh – you’re Cringe too? And a Loner? Watcher!
Watcher: I kept rolling but it came up 3 times! It must be her destiny!
Dorothy: Oh well. She’ll find her own path. Which reminds me, Dixie. Jaxom Landgraab. He’s just a friend, right?
Dixie: Yes Mum.
Dorothy: That’s good because I met his family and they are not nice people.
Dixie: Jaxom’s OK though.
Dorothy: As a friend? Yes.

4.6.9.jpg

Umber: Look at us, synchronised woodwork! Whoop Whoop!
Dorothy: You’re so funny!
Umber: And I know another thing that will put a smile on your face. Dearg is asking Karissa Makey over for a date.
Dorothy: Oh good. I do hope they put Lorelei out of his head.

4.6.10.jpg

Dearg: First Kiss!
Karissa: That was nice.
Dearg: Yes – nice…

4.6.11.jpg

Dearg: Let’s take a commemorative photo of this “nice” moment.
Karissa: We both like red.
Dearg: And we’re effectively tinted-glasses-buddies.
Karissa: Is that a thing?
Dearg: It’s our thing, I guess. Hey, did you hear that Bob Villareal (Loves Outdoors, Party Animal) has asked Deco to the Prom as friends? Since she Loves Outdoors and wants to be a Party Animal, they’re a pretty good match.
Karissa: We’ve agreed to skip Prom, right?
Dearg: Right.

4.6.12.jpg

Friday
Dorothy: Thank you for coming, Lorelei. I see you’re a Young Adult now.
Lorelei: Yes. I’m a Foodie now.
Dorothy: As well as an Evil Music Lover. Yes. About Dearg…
Lorelei: He was devastated when he realised we could no longer date. Poor boy. How long before he ages up?
Dorothy: At least 12 days.
Lorelei: Nearly 2 weeks? I’m not sure I can wait that long.
Dorothy: Pity!

4.6.14.jpg

Dearg: What do you mean, you can’t wait for me?
Lorelei: I love you, dear boy, but a woman has needs…
Dearg: But…
Lorelei: I’m sorry.
Dearg: At least stay for Mum’s Dinner Party. She’s throwing it so we can all watch Dream Home Decorator. She’s been told one of her gigs is going to feature.
Lorelei: It sounds riveting, sweetheart. Will there be food and music?
Dearg: Absolutely! I’m going to cook something right now!

4.6.15.jpg

Deco: When Mum asked you to cook something, she didn’t mean a birthday cake!
Dearg: Watcher says I’ll be a Maker and now try to be a Soulmate. Lorelei? This is for you, my darling!
Lorelei: You sweet, sweet boy!
Dearg: Not a boy anymore! And Valedictorian to boot!
Deco: Mum’s gonna be mad!

4.6.16.jpg

Dearg: First Kiss! Wow!
Lorelei: Oh Wow!
Dearg: You don’t have to wait for me any longer. You and me? We’ll be Soulmates.
Lorelei: Ha ha ha ha ha!

4.6.18.jpg

Dorothy: Aren’t you watching, Disco? Look – there’s my makeover of Aunt Daisy’s bedroom. I’m so sorry she could be here.
Disco: Check!
Dorothy: I’m getting texts from everyone, congratulating me on the show and wondering if I’ll do makeovers for them. One even suggested I could be a TV star now!
Disco: Mum! I’ve got you in check!
Dorothy: Why is everyone still in the dining room and not watching this?
Disco: Look Dad’s bringing them out now.

4.6.20.jpg

Dearg: Come on! In here!
Lorelei: Let me take my hat off...
Dearg: No - I want you to leave it on.
Lorelei: Oh Dearg, you are a naughty boy.
Dearg: I told you – I’m not a boy any longer!
Lorelei (giggles)

4.6.21.jpg

Saturday
Watcher: Dale, I know you just got voted Jester but you need to go and calm down. You’ve become Hysterical!
Dale: Ho h oho! Oh dear, you’re right…
Edward Makey (Good Geek): I’ll hold the fort here, Dale. See you in five.

4.6.22.jpg

Dixie: Thanks for covering for my sister. She gets so silly with her Cringe jokes and then she’s stressed because of all the people here she doesn’t now.
Edward: I guess it’s not easy being a Loner in this situation. Deco seems OK.
Dixie: Yes, but she’d rather be outside.
Edward: What about you? Do you want to go outside?
Dixie: Why, Mr Edward Makey, what are you suggesting?

4.6.23.jpg

Week 30 (Year 2, Winter 2/4)
Generation 4 – Beauty Out Of Broken
Dorothy: Heir
– Adult (37 days to Elder)
Traits: Creative, Self-Assured, Loner +Perfectionist +Family-Oriented +Cheerful
Umber Robinson: Spouse – Adult (29 days to Elder)
Traits: Cringe, Maker, Family-Oriented +Outgoing +Green Fiend +Outgoing
Generation 5
Dearg: Spellcaster, Spare
– YA (26 days to Adult)
Insider, Self-Assured, Maker
Dixie: Heir? – Teen (11 days to YA)
Self-Assured, Unflirty
Deco: Heir? – Teen (17 days to YA)
Loves Outdoors, Self-Assured
Dale: Heir? – Teen (17 days to YA)
Loner, Cringe
Denim: Heir? – Child (3 days to Teen)
Insider
Disco: Heir? – Child (3 days to Teen)
Art Lover

L-to-R: Denim, Deco, Dearg, Umber, Dorothy, Dale, Dixie, Disco
4.6.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Umber completed the 2nd and 3rd milestones of the Mansion Baron Aspiration. The house is now just £309k out of the necessary £350k to complete. They are increasing the value only by adding made objects (fabricator – Umber & Dearg, woodwork – Umber & Dorothy, painting – Dixie & Dorothy) with the occasional build/buy item needed for skilling/tasks. Existing furniture items in the house are gradually being replaced with made objects unless those are of lesser value/quality.

When Dale rolled Cringe for her 2nd trait (Pinstar), I really did roll twice more. On the 3rd roll of Cringe, I gave in. I do hope she can find her own quirky way. Still, both girls are attractive, Deco in Yellow and Dale in (khaki) Green
Deco Teen.jpgDale Teen.jpg

When Lorelei aged up, I wasn’t sure about whether she was right for Dearg but Amazing Compatibility is hard to argue with. I checked what his trait/aspiration would be before deciding about aging him up (A-grade & Llamacorn Scout). As a Maker, he’s signed on to be apprenticed to his father in the Freelance Crafter career and as an aspiring Soulmate, he will woo Lorelei. He is no longer eligible to be the Gen 5 Heir.

None of the Teens have developed crushes on anyone, yet. Karissa and Edward Makey were both adoptees of Jade after Ridge died. They are Cassia's adoptive siblings but not blood-related.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.6: You Can Leave Your Hat On (5-Jul)
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2024, 03:06:20 PM »
Oh, Watcher! You are so close to completing the last of Dorothy's requirements, but still haven't chosen an heir!
Great job!

One of the hardest things about having lots of children, imho, is ensuring that they all find a modicum of happiness after they've moved out.
I do NOT want the Costa simverse flooded with Costas as was the case with my Mistura simverse.
(I giggle at how often you and GlazeyLady are throwing around the word "simverse" lately.)

You mentioned that Dearg would become Umber's apprentice. I'd assumed he would move out at the earliest opportunity.
I guess it makes sense that he would wait until the homestead achieves Mansion Baron status.
Craft on, Makeys!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.