Author Topic: Makey MishMash Legacy 4.5: Somebody To Love (2-Jul)  (Read 5845 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend (8-Jun)
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2024, 10:40:30 PM »
Before I forget, I really love the shot of Cassia giving her acceptance speech at the Accolade Awards.

After all of Cassia's pains to get the Bailey-Moons back on their feet so they could move out, they decide not to move after all!
When Bennet said that I literally laughed out loud.
The Bailey-Moon Mansion isn't all that, anyway!
And wow, Hayes got Evil as his third trait!  Good riddance, dude!

Best wishes to Cassia (and Daisy) on carving out The Good Life in Mirage Park. (I love that neighborhood, honest)

P.S. Bennett deserves to be Inferniated...4-5 times, at least!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1a: Something For The Weekend (8-Jun)
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2024, 04:08:53 AM »
Before I forget, I really love the shot of Cassia giving her acceptance speech at the Accolade Awards.

After all of Cassia's pains to get the Bailey-Moons back on their feet so they could move out, they decide not to move after all!
When Bennet said that I literally laughed out loud.
The Bailey-Moon Mansion isn't all that, anyway!
And wow, Hayes got Evil as his third trait!  Good riddance, dude!

Best wishes to Cassia (and Daisy) on carving out The Good Life in Mirage Park. (I love that neighborhood, honest)

P.S. Bennett deserves to be Inferniated...4-5 times, at least!
Cassia captured that oh-so-humble (not) look perfectly, didn't she, as she thanked her fans? Lol

Daisy's well settled into to the old Charm residence with Fabian, Darrell and Emilia's son. They're happily making babies. I wonder who they'll resemble...

Vacuous Green in Mirage Park is huge. Much bigger than Cassia needs so there's plenty of room to build her "presence" there. But she really wants to be in one of those celebrity homes - it's her destiny!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1b: Isn’t She Lovely
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2024, 04:20:34 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1b: Isn’t She Lovely

Earlier this week: Cassia learned the truth about the declining, non-famous Bailey-Moons; on the understanding that they would soon be moving out and leaving her with Hayes, they all got a makeover and jobs plus Cassia and Daisy got them painting to raise funds; Cassia became a 5-star celebrity; Daisy married Fabian Ernst (Charm) and moved to live with him; the Bailey-Moons became famous for their painting and decided to stay, apart from Hayes who still wanted to move to Sulani or have a baby with Cassia; Cassia realised that Hayes would not fulfil her dreams and moved out to the Mirage Park Neighbourhood.

Tuesday am
Cassia: Hm. What a good thing that I moved out early enough to get all of my video royalties to myself. It would have stuck in my throat to have let those users take a share of my hard work. I wonder if they’ll maintain their fame without me pushing them on. Let’s just sell a few of my collectible swaps…it all adds up…
Anyway, Vacuous Green needs a house for me but that will have to wait. It’s GeekCon and, if I know my gorgeous fans, they’ll be there in force!

3.1.31.jpg

kaboom
Cassia: Oh – you made me jump with your confetti cannon. That’s right. I’d forgotten. My new fame perk. People will do that whenever I arrive. How adorable!

3.1.32.jpg

Fan: I told my friends that you were a GeekCon fan and look – you’re wearing the T-shirt.
Cassia: You know me so well. I just can’t get enough of The C-I-T-A-D-E-L.
Fan: You mean The R-E-F-U-G-E?
Cassia: Of course. Erm, I’ve just been trialling an advanced copy of a secret game. You won’t tell anyone?
Fan: Not if you take a selfie with me?
Cassia: My absolute pleasure, darling.
Fan: Is it true you and Hayes have split up?
Cassia: We wanted different things. I wish him well in his new career.
Fan: Oo – what’s he doing now?
Cassia: Oh – I wouldn’t like to say. Maybe you should ask him?

3.1.33.jpg

Fan: Did I just see you hugging your grandmother?
Cassia: Yes, I come from a long line of gamers.
Fan: I thought she was a Technophobe?
Cassia: She’s moved on from that. So about that selfie?
Fan: Thank you so much. Look how it came out!
Cassia: Oh that’s a great one. Do share it in the comments on my socials. I’ve got to get home now.

3.1.35.jpg

Cassia: Home sweet home. I guess.
Watcher: It’s by sweetpeaches119 and called Tiny Pink Starter Home
Cassia: It is Tiny but it’s very cute. I think I can spin my new status as wanting to live a “real” life. Oh – what was that noise?
Watcher: You’re on the flight path here. The planes go over nearly constantly.

3.1.36.jpg

Cassia: There are 4 dig sites around this playground although 2 of them are hidden in the trees. (shudders) I hope not many children come here. Oh – what’s that noise?
Watcher: The fireworks from the hotspots, celebrating the other celebrities. You’re not far from the Starlight Boulevard here.
Cassia: I should have gone this evening, but there’s so much to do. I really need to build my funds. And these dig sites will help me find MySim trophies.

3.1.37.jpg

Cassia: Oh – what’s that noise? There’s so much noise around here! Still – I’m living my “real” life. It will provide great comedy material.
Wait – is that confetti? The neighbours must be eating for two. Argh. I do not want to be living next door to a screaming brat!

3.1.38.jpg

Cassia: My 5-star Star is placed. Whoop Whoop!
Fans: Whoop Whoop!

3.1.40.jpg

Cassia: What? Mum? I can hardly hear you. I’m out with Hayes family. We’re putting on a good, friendly front for all our public images.
-No I don’t owe them anything but he was kind enough to send me a Morcubus for my collection.
-I know I’d got one already but it’s the thought that counts. It's important that I'm seen as the bigger person.
-What do you mean, am I pregnant? Of course not!
-All over the socials? What?!?!?!

3.1.43.jpg

Cassia: Mum was right. The idea that I’m pregnant has gone viral. I need to nip this in the bud…or can I spin it somehow…
Hayes (in background): Mwa ha ha ha ha!

3.1.44.jpg

Cassia: Ooh – my back!
Madeline: I don’t see why you have to lie to your family. You’re clearly pregnant.
Cassia: It’s just a bit of bloating, Auntie Madeline. I think I might be gluten-intolerant.
Madeline: If you say so.

3.1.45.jpg

Jade: Thanks for coming over. I’m getting quite worried about you, Cassia.
Cassia: Look Mum, it really is just bloating. I ate some jalapeno pastries yesterday, I couldn’t get enough. I’m right off them today though. Yuck, I feel sick just thinking about them.
Jade: I think you need to see a doctor.
Cassia: OK, OK. I’ll go in the morning.
Jade: Let me know when and I’ll join you.
Cassia: Oh – look at that. Javon Spencer-Kim has just phoned me for a date, out of the blue.
Jade: He must have heard of your break-up from Hayes. It’s all over the news. Are you going?
Cassia: No. Single ‘n’ Lovin It, that’s me!

3.1.47.jpg

kaboom
Cassia: Oh – you made me jump. Thanks – yes you can have a selfie. I’m just waiting for my Mum.

3.1.51.jpg

Ghost Doctor: Not many people get up from the delivery table to update their social media.
Cassia: Delivery table? I’m not pregnant. This is just exploratory surgery.
GD: OK…

3.1.52.jpg

Cassia: Is that my heart?
GD: The robot’s confused. It thinks there’s a baby in there. It would be so much easier if you let me…
Cassia: Well there isn’t a baby in there. Put my heart back!

3.1.53.jpg

Cassia: What is THAT?
GD: It’s a baby.
Cassia: No. It’s not!

3.1.54.jpg

Cassia: Isn’t she lovely! Meet Dorothy! My pride and joy. And in my new home – a brilliant starter home designed specifically for this locale by Cnjis
Pap: Tell me, Ms Makey, why did you try to keep this secret from the press?
Cassia: There are some things in life that are too special to turn into PR opportunities. Well, Mum, what do you think. Isn’t she precious?
Pap: Yes! Let’s get a photo of the 3 generations of Makey girls. Is there any chance we can get your grandmother over? What about the father? Can you confirm who it is?
Cassia: Hayes is not able to be here right now.
Pap: Is it true that he’s become a henchman?
Cassia: I couldn’t possibly comment.

3.1.56.jpg

Cassia: Just me and little Dorothy and my thousands of streaming fans. This is celebrity gold.

3.1.57.jpg

Pap1: Over here! Turn this way!
Pap2: Have you left baby Dorothy home alone?
Cassia: I’ve got my old Nanny Analyn watching her. Of course she’s not home alone. I’ve had a request for a fishing video and I can’t let my fans down.
Pap1: Is this your new look, green and black?
Cassia: Yes – red was really Hayes’ thing. I still love my purple but now I sometimes like a bit of green in my hair.

3.1.59.jpg

Cassia: Analyn, I can trust you and the video stream is shut down. Will I be able to do this – raise a child? You know I Hate Children. The press will have a field day if I’m a bad mother. Not to mention Hayes crowing over me. He’s already spreading rumours that Dorothy would be better with him.
Analyn: You’ll be fine, sweetheart. You’re so Self-Assured, you can do anything.
Cassia: But do you think she’s growing properly.
Analyn: You know, I think you’ve just proved that you don’t really Hate Children anymore. In fact you’ve become Family-Oriented.
Cassia: Oh no! Does that mean I’m going to give up everything?
Analyn: Only if you want to, sweetheart. Only if you want to.

3.1.61.jpg

Week 19 (Year 2, Spring 3/4)
Residence: Vacuous Green, Mirage Park, Del Sol Valley
Generation 3
Cassia: Heir
  – YA (24 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children +Self-Assured +Insider +Family-Oriented
Generation 4
Dorothy: Heir
– nooboo (1 day to Infant)

Cassia holding Dorothy
3.1.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Personality Swap Cassia’s Hates Children trait gave her a stressed feeling, covered up with her self-confidence while pregnant. But she was totally stress free when actually interacting with Dorothy – her own child. I’d been wondering if a personality swap to Family-Oriented would present itself. However, when it was offered at the point Cassia “Worried about child’s development” to Analyn the Nanny, I took quite a while to decide. After all, this generation is titled “Hates Children”.
I finally decided that I would run with the Self-Absorbed Trait that Cassia also has and make her a full-blown narcissist in order to explore that personality type. This was one reason why I had swapped it for the Unflirty Trait of the original challenge.
So - I'm not really doing the Hates Children challenge anymore although I have kept some of the original requirements. Please bear with me. I think it will be fun ;)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.1b: Isn’t She Lovely (9-Jun)
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2024, 02:15:50 PM »
Cassia with her fans - she's so delightfully superficial! 😀
I loved Cassia's complete denial of her pregnancy - and in her defense, it does kind of look like that baby confetti is falling on the other side of the fence - clever picture-taking, Watcher!

And that birthing tube thing is MORE than a little creepy. I had to do an MRI a while ago and the image of this popped into my head - not a pleasant thought.

When Cassia first picked up Dorothy and called her "my pride and joy" I thought she'd changed, but then I realized she was playing to her paparazzi. She's good, I'll give her that! 🤣
I understand the difficulty of the decision, but I am happy to see her trade Hates Children for Family-Oriented.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2024, 03:19:32 PM »
Cassia with her fans - she's so delightfully superficial! 😀
I loved Cassia's complete denial of her pregnancy - and in her defense, it does kind of look like that baby confetti is falling on the other side of the fence - clever picture-taking, Watcher!

And that birthing tube thing is MORE than a little creepy. I had to do an MRI a while ago and the image of this popped into my head - not a pleasant thought.

When Cassia first picked up Dorothy and called her "my pride and joy" I thought she'd changed, but then I realized she was playing to her paparazzi. She's good, I'll give her that! 🤣
I understand the difficulty of the decision, but I am happy to see her trade Hates Children for Family-Oriented.
The delivery tube - oh no! Not an image to have in mind during an MRI! It seems to take the heart out on a regular basis. I'm kinda sad that they've fixed the doctors sticking-out arms, lol

The confetti often confounds me when trying to get screenshots. The best angle often has it out to one side. But that played well in the pregnancy announcement. Without taking pregnancy test, I was lucky to catch it at all.

Yes - I'm enjoying Cassia's ability to redefine reality to fit in with her self image. Baby Dorothy might not be on message though 😆

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2024, 05:02:34 PM »
Thankfully, Cassia gave birth to a single newborn.
Multiple births might have cramped her style or, at least, taken time away from her adoring fans.
Great job with all those vlog royalties! (Writing those four songs for Musical Genius is sure tedious. isn't it?)
I've actually never paid much attention to newborns--Dorothy seems to have non-pointy ears and I'm wondering if they manifest at the infant stage.

I do like Cassia's little shabby-esque home on Vacuous Green.
Looking forward to watching both Dorothy grow and Cassia's triumphant return to The Pinnacles.

I'm planning to give two of my Gen4 kids the same 1st personality trait so there's more time to choose between them.
Our Gen3 heirs both have brown hair, point years, and violet eyes.  So I'm super curious how Dorothy's coloring will turn out. ;-).

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2024, 02:49:37 AM »
Thankfully, Cassia gave birth to a single newborn.
Multiple births might have cramped her style or, at least, taken time away from her adoring fans.
Great job with all those vlog royalties! (Writing those four songs for Musical Genius is sure tedious. isn't it?)
I've actually never paid much attention to newborns--Dorothy seems to have non-pointy ears and I'm wondering if they manifest at the infant stage.

I do like Cassia's little shabby-esque home on Vacuous Green.
Looking forward to watching both Dorothy grow and Cassia's triumphant return to The Pinnacles.

I'm planning to give two of my Gen4 kids the same 1st personality trait so there's more time to choose between them.
Our Gen3 heirs both have brown hair, point years, and violet eyes.  So I'm super curious how Dorothy's coloring will turn out. ;-).
I really didn't want a multiple birth. It  would have made a different story to the one I have in mind. So, no fertility jewellery, no kids TV, no massages and no ley lines, lol!

Cassia made a start on Musical Genius in her Teens but composing songs is annoying. If they don't do it in one go, it seems to reset and continuing seems to take as long. She needs to clear her schedule!

I do like the pointy ears but, if Dorothy hasn't inherited them I shall wave them goodbye. There's a lot riding on just one heir but I can reveal that she has gorgeous colouring  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2024, 11:39:22 AM »
Cassia made a start on Musical Genius in her Teens but composing songs is annoying. If they don't do it in one go, it seems to reset and continuing seems to take as long. She needs to clear her schedule!

I do like the pointy ears but, if Dorothy hasn't inherited them I shall wave them goodbye. There's a lot riding on just one heir but I can reveal that she has gorgeous colouring  :)

Just avoid song lyrics! Prince Mistura thought he'd switch things up by publishing one Song Lyrics for Musical Genius, but the aspiration didn't count Song Lyrics.

Oooh, I can't wait to meet Dorothy as an infant and toddler!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.2: Just The Two Of Us
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2024, 03:39:01 AM »
Makey MishMash Legacy 3.2: Just The Two Of Us

Earlier this week: Cassia wowed her GeekCon fans; dug up lots of MySims Trophies; was in denial about her pregnancy by Hayes; gave birth to Dorothy (our Gen 4 Heir) and decided to spin her story into Family-Oriented

Cassia holding Dorothy
3.1.family.jpg

Cassia: Nanny Analyn has gone home. She thinks I can do this but I’m all alone. I’m happy that I’ve got Dorothy now but I’m sad too. Oh – my new fame quirk – Emotion Bombs!

3.2.3.jpg

Cassia: That’s right, Dorothy, look at the camera. Just the two of us - me and my mini-me! Even though the two crackers I opened for your Infant birthday didn’t give me any new Plushies. The 5-pack of Voidcritter cards I opened in your honour gave me 2 new ones.

3.2.4.jpg

Bennett: Just as I imagined! Cassia’s a no-hope nobody. There aren’t even any Paparazzi around here. Whereas me? Just look at me shine as I walk sedately past her hovel, holding my imaginary umbrella!

3.2.6.jpg

Cassia: What do you think Mum? Doesn't she look just like me?
Jade: Erm...She’s growing so fast!
Daisy: We’re thinking about trying for another! A younger sibling for little Jacqueline.
Cassia: Oh! Are you sure? I wouldn’t ever dream of doing that to sweet Dorothy.
Daisy: It’s our choice, sister dear.
Cassia: Of course. Of course, darling. I’m sure it will be wonderful.

3.2.7.jpg

Cassia: You’re a wonderful gardener, Jonathan. We’re so lucky to have you.
Jonathan: We? I thought there was just you.
Cassia: Me and little Dorothy.
Jonathan: Kids? No-one told me about kids. I Hate Children.
Cassia: I used to but they grow on you.
Jonathan: Hm. Like weeds! I’ll stay outside. Just keep her out of my hair.

3.2.8.jpg

Cassia: He-ey! Who’s that fine woman I see? Oh yes! It’s me with a new mirror-based quirk.

3.2.9.jpg

Cassia: Is that one of my stars over your head?
Dorothy: Gurgle
Cassia: I mean, it can’t be yours. You’re not famous. It’s me that’s the famous one. You, sweet Dorothy, are just one of my satellites, basking in my glory.

3.2.10.jpg

Cassia: Well folks, putting sweet Dorothy in a backpack didn’t work for my set so I’ll just have to carry on regardless.

3.2.13.jpg

Cassia: Did you here about the ex that tried to join my family club? I told him it was EX-clusive! Geddit?
Cassia: That’s right folks – the fun starts here. Whoop Whoop!

3.2.14.jpg

Hayes: Your negligent mother really left you all alone to go digging up fossils.
Dorothy: Wah!
Hayes: Hey hey, now. I’m your Dada. Don’t cry!
Madeline: I told you she doesn’t like being woken up or held and you just did both! I was looking after her by letting her sleep. At least try to be a decent father and feed the poor thing!
Hayes: Can we not change her clothes? Cassia knows I hate purple.
Madeline: I’m afraid all her outfits are purple. It’s funny that…
Hayes: Hilarious!

3.2.16.jpg

Cassia: Finally, Dorothy’s asleep and I’m not exhausted. Time to refine that routine I tried out. I wonder if I can come up with more EX jokes.

3.2.17.jpg

Cassia: Oh no! Emotional Meltdown. See what you’ve done!
Cassia: Mummy can’t do anything for you until I’ve cried this out. You must learn to be patient!

3.2.18.jpg

Jade: Happy Birthday!
Cassia: A whole day early – my little star.
Hayes: Thanks for inviting me. I was getting pressure from my fans for more photos of me with her.
Cassia: Just remember our deal!
Hayes: Yes, yes. I’ll promote what a good mother you are and you’ll stop your EX jokes.
Cassia: Shame – they were going down a storm.
Dorothy: Pfft!
Everybody: Happy Birthday!

3.2.20.jpg

Cassia: You really are my little star, choosing a funky short haircut like mine plus a purple dress. Who’s mummy’s little mini-me! Let’s show you off to all my fans.
Dorothy: Babble
Cassia: Now, crackers for everyone and some Voidcritter packs to open. Remember – I get all the unique ones!

3.2.22.jpg

Cassia: Thanks for staying late. Can you believe I got my top promotion?
Analyn: You deserve it, sweetheart.
Cassia: Well, I still want to max my Comedy skills. I don’t want anyone to say I’m not all that!
Analyn: Remember I used to do this for you?
Cassia: Aw, Nanny Analyn, what would I do without you?

3.2.24.jpg

Cassia: A nightmare? But I’d only just got you to sleep.
Cassia: A Fussy Light Sleep and Early Riser! Plus Wanderer! This mother thing is exhausting!

3.2.27.jpg

Dorothy: Whee!
Cassia (at pond in background): And….that’s a wrap! My video agency sure likes asking for a lot of Fishing videos. Time to get little Dorothy back home before my evening gig.

3.2.28.jpg

Dorothy: More more
Analyn: You can’t get enough of these storybooks, can you! Oh, I do like being in your mother’s room when she’s not here. My Childish nature makes me love all her collectibles and she won’t let me – or you – near them when she’s home!
Dorothy: Play?
Analyn: Oh no! That’s more than my job's worth if we damaged one! Just look and don’t touch, sweetie. We must keep Mummy happy.

3.2.30.jpg

Dorothy: Wine a bobble UP! Wine a bobble UP! Cap Cap Cap!
Cassia: That’s a little pitchy and you need better enunciation but it’s not bad. Not bad at all.
Dorothy: Pishy? Nuncy?
Cassia: You know I think you really are getting your own little stars. I suppose with me as your mother, it’s not surprising. Hm, you’ll never be as famous as me, of course.

3.2.31.jpg

Week 20 (Year 2, Spring 4/4)
Generation 3
Cassia: Heir
  – YA (18 days to Adult)
Traits: Goofball, Self-Absorbed, Hates Children +Self-Assured +Insider +Family-Oriented
Generation 4
Dorothy: Heir
– Toddler (5 days to Child)
Infant Traits: Sensitive; Hates Waking Up; Hates Being Held
Toddler Traits: Fussy; Wanderer; Early Riser; Light Sleeper

Cassia holding Dorothy
3.2.family.jpg

Progress
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
For some reason I keep forgetting to do the most basic tasks for the Joke Star Aspiration – be funny to 5 Sims – while it’s selected! No excuses – that WILL be remedied in the next week!

Dorothy has Hayes colouring, which Cassia is deliberately ignoring. She looks quite sad in her Infant pic and, indeed, she cried a lot. An Infant who Hates Being Held is a nightmare to feed/change diaper/etc! Her Toddler traits are not so bad. She has to boss Nanny Analyn around a lot while her Mum’s at work and her Fussy trait loves that!

inf tod.jpg

Just in case you don’t know it, the action song that toddler’s sing seems to resemble the first part of an old one I used with my children:
Wind the bobbin up; wind the bobbin up
Pull, pull, clap, clap, clap.
Wind it back again; wind it back again
Pull, pull, clap, clap, clap.

Point to the ceiling, point to the floor.
Point to the window, point to the door.
Clap your hands together, 1,2,3.
Put your hands upon your knee.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Makey MishMash Legacy 3.2: Just The Two Of Us (11-Jun)
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2024, 10:12:56 AM »
Dorothy is indeed lovely with her soft-blond hair and green eyes. (She sure had difficult infant quirks, though.)
I love that Cassia chose Dorothy's entire wardrobe in purple, the color Hayes hates.
Haha, that Bennet is SO obnoxious! Dude, remember who helped you and your family get back on your slimy feet!

Congrats to Cassia on maxing her Comedian career!!!
Compared to that, completing Joke Star will be a breeze!
Only one Cracker Plushie to go! I imagine she's saving her remaining collections for Dorothy to become old enough to help with dig sites, logs, and trash cans.

Cassia is doing a terrific job, juggling work and Dorothy!
I'm looking forwarding to meetin Dorothy as a child in your next update.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2024, 11:51:43 AM »
Dorothy is indeed lovely with her soft-blond hair and green eyes. (She sure had difficult infant quirks, though.)
I love that Cassia chose Dorothy's entire wardrobe in purple, the color Hayes hates.
Haha, that Bennet is SO obnoxious! Dude, remember who helped you and your family get back on your slimy feet!

Congrats to Cassia on maxing her Comedian career!!!
Compared to that, completing Joke Star will be a breeze!
Only one Cracker Plushie to go! I imagine she's saving her remaining collections for Dorothy to become old enough to help with dig sites, logs, and trash cans.

Cassia is doing a terrific job, juggling work and Dorothy!
I'm looking forwarding to meetin Dorothy as a child in your next update.
How did you guess that Cassia is looking forward to Dorothy being able to hunt in the bins? Lol!

Bennett as head of Hayes family always looks so snooty, even before he got famous. Except when he's being paranoid, of course :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2024, 02:12:07 PM »
Bennet with his imaginary umbrella - he's lucky the media didn't see that!
So clever dressing Dorothy all in purple!
Emotion Bomb sounds like a double-edged sword - I don't play celebrities often and wasn't familiar with it, so I googled it. Seems many players HATE it (yes, with capital letters) but others (such as @Heart Foam ) see it as a positive (or, at least, did 4 years ago). After reading about it, I would have to say it has some good impacts, especially in terms of turning up the drama.
It's good that Cassia can remain civil with Hayes, even if it is just for appearances.
Hmmmm . . . what would happen if Dorothy DID become more famous than Cassia . . . . ? Maybe we don't want to know.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2024, 02:16:17 PM »
How did you guess that Cassia is looking forward to Dorothy being able to hunt in the bins? Lol!

Bennett as head of Hayes family always looks so snooty, even before he got famous. Except when he's being paranoid, of course :)

It's not a hard guess since Cassia has been trying to complete the Voidcritters collection without non-stop buying the packs from the computer. :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2024, 03:50:46 PM »
Bennet with his imaginary umbrella - he's lucky the media didn't see that!
So clever dressing Dorothy all in purple!
Emotion Bomb sounds like a double-edged sword - I don't play celebrities often and wasn't familiar with it, so I googled it. Seems many players HATE it (yes, with capital letters) but others (such as @Heart Foam ) see it as a positive (or, at least, did 4 years ago). After reading about it, I would have to say it has some good impacts, especially in terms of turning up the drama.
It's good that Cassia can remain civil with Hayes, even if it is just for appearances.
Hmmmm . . . what would happen if Dorothy DID become more famous than Cassia . . . . ? Maybe we don't want to know.
When they're in the grip of an Emotion Bomb, you can't cancel it or direct the Sim to do anything until it's passed. A bit difficult when you've got an Infant bawling away. It does seem to reduce negative emotions although Cassia has Emotional Control too which might make a difference.

The mirror obsession means she has to admire herself in one every now and then or she gets tense.

The Paparazzi Darling quirk means she is constantly running to the front entrance to pose for them. All in all - lots of things that are right in the wheelhouse of a Self-Absorbed Sim, especially one that's bought the Shameless reward trait. I'm loving playing her.

I'm also loving Dorothy and wondering how she's going to turn out - in thrall to her mother - or rebellious. One way or the other, I'm having fun.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2024, 04:55:06 PM »
Oh yes, I still like fame! And Emotion Bomb is one of the best reasons to get fame, along with Easy Street and stars on pavement and awards on the dresser. All my sims have to be 5 star celebrities. To me it's definitely one of the more interesting game systems.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything