Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 8.4: Denis the Contender (21 Oct '24)  (Read 41296 times)

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 8.2: Don't Say I Never Take You Anywhere (16 Oct '24)
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2024, 02:32:36 AM »
Oh - "discuss San Sequoia secrets" sounds interesting.  I wonder what there is to discover 🤔

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2024, 01:24:29 PM »
Oh - "discuss San Sequoia secrets" sounds interesting.  I wonder what there is to discover 🤔

Haha, I thought that would interest you!
My sims have only tried it once (too busy getting Paolo/Diaz out the door, Bianca/Andres married with a kid, etc.), but the first secret we learned was about AnchorPoint Cinema.
That makes me wonder if the San Secquoia Secrets are more like "tips" than "secret lore" as in the case of Tartosa...
Something new fto explaore, anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2024, 06:44:11 PM »
Wow, I've missed some significant Costa time! 
Bianca is knocking it out of the park!
Super loved the adventures in the jungle.  The Lara Croft vibe is always fun and Bianca was totally rocking it!  And speaking of rocks, rock climbing on Croft Icefall after made her seem even more epic  ;=)
Mara is lovely!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #348 on: October 18, 2024, 11:23:38 AM »
Bianca is thrilled that you are back to follow her new adventures!
Although they will certainly be exclusively family adventures from now on. :D

OMG, you and your puns! The segue from Lara Croft to Croft Icefall was *chef's kiss
Lol, had to stop and think for a minute there: Who's Mara?
Oh right, the teen son's new girlfriend! All the Gen8 kids got lucky with their LIs, without even resorting to Cupid's Corner!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 8.8: Jerome, the Real MVP (19 Oct '24)
« Reply #349 on: October 19, 2024, 05:33:51 PM »
8.3: Jerome, the Real MVP

Sunday, Week 54, Year 5 (late summer)
Bianca: Last week, I traveled to various places to earn the more difficult milestones.
The highlight was reaching Mt. Komorebi's summit with Andres and my parents.
On Saturday, I hosted a huge family reunion with all my siblings and their parenters.
Saturday after Prom, Paolo aged up, married Hayleee Luarent, then moved with Diaz to Gilbert Gardens.
Next, Andres and I aged up, wed, and had a science baby we named Jerome.
From L to R: My father Vitor, me holding Jerome, my spouse Andres, and step-papa Kian

Angres: You have a lot riding on your tiny shoulders, Jeerome.
Jerome: *gurgles
Andres: Good thing you have a Good Appetite cuz you'll need to try all 18 baby foods as an infant.
And since you're our firstborn son, Mama might ask you help with her Big Happy Family aspiration, too.

Andres: In the evening, Bianca's still working on becoming a Computer Whiz.
So I have Jerome a toy then go put in some hours on the treadmill.
Papa Vitor has maxes Nectar Brewing for something to do. We don't even have a nectar cellar.

Monday
Bianca: What a quick learner you are, Jerome! We can already Practice Sitting together!
I bet Andres will be feeding you Baby Foods in the high chair during my first day at work!
We'll worry about Finger Foods another day.

Bianca: Because Jerome has a Good Appetite, he "always accepts the opportunity to feed."
So I'm able to help Jerome try seven Baby Foods in one session.
He loves Ice cream, feels unsure about Homemade Hummus, dislikes 2 foods but likes 3.

Along the way, our smart little Jerome gains the Princer Grasp milestone all on his own.
We also learn he's a Messy Eater.

Andres: We'd planned to wait until Thursday to try for baby, but Jerome's made such quick progress!
Don't you think it's fine if we try for baby today?
Bianca: I do! I'm off today as well, so the timing is perfect!

Tuesday
Bianca: Jerome's fast learning and Good Appetite quirk came in so handy!
Thanks to that combo, we'll be crushing that high chair requirement in no time!
Jerome's 17 milestones qualify for early age-up, but we're waiting until his Friday birthday.
He'll have siblings on Thursday. Let's see if they can't age up to children together!

Andres: Bianca's left for her first day of work.
Lately, we've both been working toward earning the Long-Lived trait and discovered we're Active.
Oddly, Bianca can't jog due to her pregnancy but she can use the treadmill. What's the diff?
Oh, when I get home, I must remember to schedule Bianca's baby shower!

Andres: We miss the splash because I was trying to phone in a baby shower but..
Bianca: I bring him my level 5 promotion and complete Computer Whiz.
Now, let's get my baby shower started!

Bianca: Our baby shower earns a gold medal before we realized it
I spend the whole time socializing with our guests.
Andres: And I run around introducing Jerome to his grandparents and Great-Great-Grandpa Night.
Neither Bianca nor I could introduce him to her mother Melany. And Night's partner Lou didn't show up.
Bianca: And I made 3 new besties: Grandpa Daniel Costa, BIL Efrain Langit, and cousin Nathanial Costa!

Wednesday
Bianca: You may recall the house I broke into as a teen, where Andres' brother Cayden lived.
During yesterday's baby shower, I became besties with Cayden's partner Efrain Langit.
And this evening when Cayden drops by, we become besties, too!

Thursday
Bianca: I take Family Leave today because I'll be going into labor this morning.
 Silly me! I should've gone to the hospital with Andres but without our Watcher!
There's a Born at Home milestone for babies, but no Gave Birth at Home milestone for birthparents.
Doh!

Andres: Bianca gives birth to twin girls and we're trying to become good friends with them both.
The sooner they age up to infants, the closer they'll be in age to Jerome, right?
It's a little past 4 pm when both girls are ready to age up.

Andres: We've give both girls French names: Aimee and Desiree (but with the acute accent marks, sorry!)
Both girls are pointy-eared spellcasters with red hair.
Bianca: But Aimee (Wiggly) has Andres' green eyes with my darker red hair.
Desiree has my violet eyes with Andres' lighter red hair.

Friday
Andres: You're a Picky Easter, Desiree, so you usually reject my bottle 3-4 tries before you'll feed.
But Bianca and I have all the patience for you and your siblings.
You only need four more milestones before you can age up early.
If you learn them today, you can age up on the same day as Jerome's toddler birthday!

Bianca: I don't understand it! Bianca's earned 9 milestones Aimee's only earned 6 milestones!
Is it because Desiree (right) learns faster? Andres, you only discovered you're Family Oriented and I…
Andres: What's with that "only" bit?
Well, I need to get ready to leave for work. Papa Vitor, would you please continue teaching Aimee?

Andres: While Bianca's at work, Jerome gets his birthday notice and Desiree earns her 10th milestone.
At 10:30 pm, Aimee still hasn't earned 10 milestones so we give up waiting.
But just as Desiree is blowing out her candles, Aimee earns her 10th milestone. Finally!

Bianca: All three children age up with the Top-Notch Infant trait!
Jerome is Independent, Aimee is Clingy, and Desiree is a Charmer.
Andres: They're lovely toddlers, Bianca!  Since we want a female heir, let's choose Desiree.
Bianca: I agree. Desiree not only has violet eyes but she also learns faster than her sister.
Andres: Still, among our children, Jerome remains the MVP!

Saturday
Andres: Um, not that I mind trying for baby, love, but isn't it a bit early for another child?
Bianca: It'll be fine! I don't plan to take a pregnancy test.
Andres: Aha! That gives us four days to help our toddlers max their skills.
Bianca: That's not too much pressure on the whole family, is it?

Jorge Xicotencatl: Seriously, bruh? You wait until now to demand your Friendship Bracelet back?
Vitor: Yeah, sorry! My husband's been feeling sad lately about not being my Bracelet Buddy.
Jorge: Whatever!

Kian: *makes Friendship Bracelet while humming happily
Gisele: Are you kidding me, my dear son? Friendship Bracelets at your age?
Vitor: What can I say, Mama? Whatever Kian wants, I need to do for him.

Bianca: The toddlers are doing so well! That's why I decided to take a pregnancy test today after all.
Vitor: What's your problem with the twins, Grandma Gisele? You're still on acquaintances with the girls!
Bianca: And I notice that when they ask you for help, you ignore them!  Why are you even here?
Vitor: Why don't you go home then, Grandma? You're just eating our food and getting in the way…

Gallery Downloads
*23 Eucalyptus Lane (30x20): "23 Eucalyptus Lane" by SakuraLeon.

The Gen8 household
Home: 7 Eucalyptus Lane, Hopewell Hills (San Sequoia)

Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - YA
Traits: Outgoing, Foodie, Perfectionist (+Family Oriented, Romantic, Music Lover)
Children: Oana (Nanea), Ulani (Riley), Hine (Lisa), Bianca (Melany), and Paolo (Kian, Diaz)

Kian Costa (Gen7 spouse) - YA
Traits: Active, Family Oriented, Bro (+Creative, Perfectionist)

Bianca Costa (Gen8 heir) - YA
Traits: Good, Cheerful, Family Oriented (+Geek, Active)
Spouse: Andres (Goode): Children: Jerome; Aimee & Desiree

Andres Costa (Gen8 partner) - YA
Traits: Proper, Romantically Reserved, Loyal (+Family Oriented, Active)

Jerome Costa (Gen9 spare) - Toddler
Traits: Sunny/Independent
Toddler quirks: Hates Bedtime
Infant quirks: Good Appetite, Messy Eater, Happy Spitter
Infant milestones (23): Fine Motor/6, Gross Motor/5, Social/5, First/7

Aimee Costa (Gen9 spare) - Toddler
Traits: Wiggly/Clingy
Toddler quirks: none yet
Infant quirks: Hates Being Held, Feeding Tinkler
Infant milestones (10): Fine Motor/2, Gross Motor/2, Social/2, First/4

Desiree Costa (Gen9 heir) - Toddler
Traits:  Sunny/Charmer
Toddler quirks: Loves Being Carried
Infant quirks: Picky Eater, Loves Wakeup Time

Progress: End of Week 54
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Pre-teen milestones missed by Bianca:
  Jerome is the first Costa to earn the 1st Baby Food and 1st Finger Food milestones.
  He also earned the Wave and Creep milestones which Bianca missed.
  I briefly considered tracking the new milestones earned by Bianca's children.
  But nah, it's too much trouble.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: October 20, 2024, 09:26:08 AM »
I knew you'd smash through the Infant milestones. The pincer movement develops as they try the other foods without more toy-playing.

All three Toddlers are adorable. Hm - a female heir again. I wonder what Desiree's destiny will be...

Are you enjoying having the 3 generations in one house? I did, but it's not always easy to keep them busy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #351 on: October 20, 2024, 11:31:12 AM »
I knew you'd smash through the Infant milestones. The pincer movement develops as they try the other foods without more toy-playing.

All three Toddlers are adorable. Hm - a female heir again. I wonder what Desiree's destiny will be...

Are you enjoying having the 3 generations in one house? I did, but it's not always easy to keep them busy.

The hardest part of the high chair foods requirement was figuring out while milestones Jerome needed and which ones he could skip.
@Ricalynn helped me brainstorm that part.  Jerome's Good Appetite was helpful--he'd try out 7 foods in one sitting until Mama decided they'd both had enough.

Well, yes, a female heir because so far the Costas have had only 2 female heirs so far, Jerome has green eyes, and we dont know yet about Baby #4.
I mean, if Baby #4 (who arrives in the next update) shows potential for out-cuteing Desiree, well, that will plunge the Watcher into a dilemma, haha.
There are three generations left to choose from--I haven't definitively decided yet but I'm leaning.

I'm having no problem keeping everyone in my 7-sim household productively occupied so far.
If that changes later for the children, I'll simply age them up early!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 8.4: Denis the Contender (21 Oct '24)
« Reply #352 on: October 21, 2024, 05:02:56 PM »
8.4:  Denis the Contender

Sunday, Week 55, Year 5 (early autumn)
Bianca: Last week, our focus shifted to the children.
Jerome aced the high-chair foods requirement but waited for his sisters to age up.
Born Thursday morning, Aimee & Desiree sped through their newborn and infant stages.
By Frieday evening, they could age up with brother Jerome who'd been patiently waiting all day.
In other news, Papa Vitor got his Friendship Bracelet back then exchanged them with his husband Kian.
From L ro R: Jerome, my hubby Andres holding Desiree, Papa Vitor, me holding Aimee, and Papa Kian

Bianca: Much to our surprise, second-born Aimee has the highest skills, surpassing even Jerome!
We let Desiree sleep longer so we can stagger childcare. I'm sure she'll catch up soon!
Oh, you noticed? Yes, I changed my mind yesterday morning and took a pregnancy test.
Looks like I'll be taking another day of Family Leave on Tuesday!

We'd planned on hosting our baby shower in the afternoon, but it somehow gets quite late.
We kept waiting for our toddlers to "finish one more thing," and suddenly night had fallen.
Andres and I invite our siblings and their partners to celebrate our last baby.
Yes, fourth and last child, because there are no more openings in our household.

Andres: Since this is Bianca's last baby shower, I go all out and buy a Celebratory Cannon.
I can't figure out how to get everyone out of the house to the backyard, though.
So I end up firing the cannon by myself. Oh well.

Bianca: After the shower, we start a new stayover with my great-great-grandpas Night and Lou.
We don't need their help with the kids since my parents live here with us.
But I'd like our children to meet as many of the main Costa lineage as possible.

Monday
Andres:  Independent Jerome's on slide, working on his Movement
Aimee maxed all her skills before 2 pm today so now she's waiting on her siblings to age up.
Aimee the infant kept her siblings waiting half a day before she earned her 10th milestone.
So, this is quite the reversal! Nice work, Aimee!

Bianca: Oof, my back's killing me but I imagine to bring home my level 7 promotion.
Of course, I branch to Startup Entrepreneur since its work schedule is so family friendly!
I'm taking Family Leave tomorrow so I can relax at home before going into labor.

It's around 10:30 pm when Jerome finally maxes his last skill.
Our little trio have only been toddlers for 3 days but they've maxed all their skills.
So why not age them up early? Plus, they won't get jealous of the baby, we hope.

Biance: Jerome is a Cheerful child. He really resembles Andres a lot, doesn't he?
Andres: Both girls are lovely! Aimee's a Perfectionist and Desiree Loves the Outdoors.
Bianca: With her violet eyes, Bianca's a shoo-in for the next heir.
Andres: We can't decide until we meet our last baby, though, right?

Tuesday
Bianca: The kids aged up too late last night to attend school today, which is just as well.
They're spending the day working on aspirations and earning scout badges.

Bianca: I give birth around 11:30 am to a little boy we name Denis (pronounced deh-NEE).
Andres: How does Granny Lawlor do it? I can tell if his eyes are green or violet?
Bianca: I'm not sure, but they look violet to me….

Andres: After Bianca becomes good friends with Denis, it's my turn to befriend him.
Once we're good friends, I age Denis up.
We'd planned on dressing him in green, but he seems to really like red.
Bianca: Wow, he's a cutie! Desiree, I believe you have some competition!

Wednesday
Bianca: Just a little more, Denis!
You only need one more milestone and then you can age up!

Denis earns the Top-Notch Infant trait and becomes a Wiggly toddler.

Thursday
Andres: Denis is an Independent toddler, which makes him super easy to care for.
He prefers learning skills on his own, so Bianca and I only do the minimum.
Of course, we read to Denis for at least 2 hours and gave him potty training.
Otherwise, Denis has been teaching himself.  Hmmm, maybe he wants to Play?

Andres: It was pretty awkward when my older brother Cayden phoned my father-in-law Vitor.
I know they're Best Friends, but I've no idea what else has been going on between them.
When Papa Vitor checked Cayden's profile, I peeked over his shoulder and saw he's Attracted to Cayden.
Thankfully, they've decided to keep their relationship platonic. That was a potential nightmare!!!

Friday
Bianca: Very early this morning, Papas Vitor and Kian age up to Adults.
Finally! It's been weird being in the same life stage as my parents, y'know?
Yeah, my biological mother is actually Melany Eggleston.
But Papas Vitor and Kian are the ones who raised me from birth.

Bianca: Little Denis, looking adorable while chatting with his Great-Great-Great Grandpas Night and Lou.
As you may recall, Night is the Gen4 heir but he and his partner Lou are both Immortal Wolves.

Bianca: I can't believe you already completed Playtime Captain, Jerome!
Jerome: Thanks for teaching me to ride a bicyle, Mama!

Saturday
Bianca: Early this morning, Denis maxes all his toddler skills and ages up to a child.
He's quite gorgeous and we no longer feel certain that Desiree's the only viable choice for the Gen9 heir.
Just in case, Denis has the same trait as Desiree: Loves the Outdoors.

Not longer after, Jerome learns to ride a bike and rides off around our neighborhood.

Desiree: Can you help me learn to ride a bike, Mama?
Bianca: I should help Aimee since she's already finished the Ride a Bike for 4 Hours task.
But I only have an hour before work, so let's see what you and I can do.
While I'm working, though, be sure to finish that Ride a Bike for 4 Hours task!

Denis: I'm feeling Playful after my three games of chess with GGG Grandpa Night.
So Papa tells me Stomp Playfully in one our splash pads, then play on this pirate gym in our hood.
My siblings aged up to children on the day I was born, so I've got quite a bit of catch-up to do!

Bianca: I come home (with a L9 promotion) after working a 6-hr shift from 10 am to 4 pm.
How are you not finished with that Ride a Bike for 4 Hours task yet, Desiree?
Desiree: I don't know. I'm trying! Can you teach me again, please?

Desiree: It's a little pat midnight when I  finally learn how to ride a bike! Thanks, Mama!
Aimee: After Mama switches to teaching me, I also learn how about an hour later.

The Gen8 household
Home: 7 Eucalyptus Lane, Hopewell Hills (San Sequoia)

Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - Adult
Traits: Outgoing, Foodie, Perfectionist (+Family Oriented, Romantic, Music Lover)
Children: Oana (Nanea), Ulani (Riley), Hine (Lisa), Bianca (Melany), and Paolo (Kian, Diaz)

Kian Costa (Gen7 spouse) - Adult
Traits: Active, Family Oriented, Bro (+Creative, Perfectionist)

Bianca Costa (Gen8 heir) - YA
Traits: Good, Cheerful, Family Oriented (+Geek, Active, Loves the Outdoors)
Spouse: Andres (Goode): Children: Jerome; Aimee & Desiree

Andres Costa (Gen8 partner) - YA
Traits: Proper, Romantically Reserved, Loyal (+Family Oriented, Active)

Jerome Costa (Gen9 spare) - Child
Traits: Sunny/Independent; Cheerful
Toddler quirks: Hates Bedtime, Little Singer

Aimee Costa (Gen9 spare) - Child
Traits: Wiggly/Clingy; Perfectionist
Toddler quirks: Picky Eater, Hates Wakeup Time, Aggressive

Desiree Costa (Gen9 ?heir) - Child
Traits:  Sunny/Charmer; Loves the Outdoors
Toddler quirks: Loves Being Carried, Hates Bedtime, Aggressive

Denis Costa (Gen9 ?heir) - Child
Traits:  Wiggly/Independent; Loves the Outdoors
Toddler quirks: none (wth?)
Infant quirks:  Self-Soother, Frequently Sneezes

Progress: End of Week 55
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*My pacing: I realize it must seem to you that the Gen9 children are aging up very quickly.
  The reason is that I'm trying my hardest to complete this legacy before this forum's story boards go inactive.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #353 on: Today at 08:59:23 AM »
I had the same issue with the cannon - everyone stayed inside and missed it. I haven't bothered with it since.

You're sims are achieving a lot, even though you're zooming through. I'm approaching my final gen so I can take it a bit slower.

Denis is speedy so he's definitely a contender. All very cute!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #354 on: Today at 11:35:44 AM »
I had the same issue with the cannon - everyone stayed inside and missed it. I haven't bothered with it since.

You're sims are achieving a lot, even though you're zooming through. I'm approaching my final gen so I can take it a bit slower.

Denis is speedy so he's definitely a contender. All very cute!

Haha, firing the Celebratory Cannon was even't an event goal. You know if I'd put a stereo next to it and turned it off first, all the guests would've flocked there. *shrugs

Yes, I feel very pressured to rush things because it's close to October end and I'm still weeks away from completing all of Bianca's requirements, dagnabbit!

Bianca dnd Denis are both so cute! Maybe whoever isn't chosen heir and move out with the heir temporarily?

anything