Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.7: Hot In, So Hot in Here. Oh! (28 Sep '24)  (Read 34408 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.5: On the Re-Re-Rebound (23 Sep '24)
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2024, 03:13:14 AM »
Not wanting physical romance is a bit of a relationship issue. There'll always be the lure of a physical relationship with someone else. It isn't surprising that Nanea and Riley bonded.

I keep checking Vitor's marital staus progress and it's still not complete. Oh dear, I fear Lisa is not The One!

Hine is cute and would make a great heir. Especially as Lisa now has more time to help develop her skills. Love the octopi and sea-turtles.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2024, 06:30:53 AM »
I notice BlackPink's in your area  ;=)
Poor Nanea, she deserves better than Riley.  And Riley, shame on you for blaming Nanea when you're the one who cheated on Vitor!  Nanea was faithful throughout even when she was unhappy. 
Congrats on the work progress and the third partner, Vitor!  And the darling Hine is a fantastic addition to the household.  Yep, a cute little redhead  :=)  And wow, those pointy ear and violet eye genes are just going hard for this crew!
Another lovely update, Watcher!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2024, 10:34:35 AM »
Not wanting physical romance is a bit of a relationship issue. There'll always be the lure of a physical relationship with someone else. It isn't surprising that Nanea and Riley bonded.

I keep checking Vitor's marital staus progress and it's still not complete. Oh dear, I fear Lisa is not The One!

Hine is cute and would make a great heir. Especially as Lisa now has more time to help develop her skills. Love the octopi and sea-turtles.

I'm glad to hear that Romantic Riley and Lovebug Nanea getting together was believable for you.
To clarify, Vitor enjoys Flirting and Affection plus all Physical Intimacy socials except the Woohoo ones.
Haha, look at you, checking Vitor's Marital Status and trying to figure out where his story goes!

As for Lisa's knitted items, I rolled Themed Display as generational goal.
I had a lot of fun trying to decide on a theme that would acommodate Vitor and his partners' careers. Island culture, nah! The color blue, too general. The ocean? Too limiting...
For The Knitter, I initially considered having Lisa write children's books about tropical destinations then I remembered the knitted octopus and "sea turtle"!

I notice BlackPink's in your area  ;=)
Poor Nanea, she deserves better than Riley.  And Riley, shame on you for blaming Nanea when you're the one who cheated on Vitor!  Nanea was faithful throughout even when she was unhappy. 
Congrats on the work progress and the third partner, Vitor!  And the darling Hine is a fantastic addition to the household.  Yep, a cute little redhead  :=)  And wow, those pointy ear and violet eye genes are just going hard for this crew!
Another lovely update, Watcher!

Only you would notice and appreciate that one little mention of Black Pink, hehe.
I chose to make Nanea the initiator in the Nanea/Riley thing because Nanea received so much love when she first appeared but Riley, not so much.
Honestly, I think Riley's a great match for Nanea--they're both mermaids, he lives in a big house in Sulani, and he obviously satisfies Nanea (since she wanted to marry him).
And well, Riley wasn't actively trying to cheat on Vitor; Nanea pursued Riley and he was...weak.
Riley and Nanea live right across the way from Vitor, so we'll be sure to check on their babies later.
As for genetics, I'm really surprised all of Vitor's kids have been spellcasters though his partners were merfolk or human. It's fascinating, though, that the two toddlers look nothing alike.
Looking forward to meeting redheaded Hine as a toddler than as a child.

Vitor's requirements are quite a departure from previous generations but that's what makes the Random Legacy's rolls such a blast.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.6: On the Re-Re-Re...Uh, Whiplash (25 Sep '24)
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2024, 10:18:55 PM »
7.6: On the Re-Re-Re…Uh, Whiplash

Sunday, Week 47, Year 4 (mid-winter)
Vitor: Last week, I was betrayed by Riley and Nanea then started anew with my new partner, Lisa.
I now have three babies. Nanea's daughter Oana and Riley's son Ulani became toddlers.
After Lisa moved in Wednesday, we had a science baby together, a daughter we named Hine.
Saturday night, Lisa completed her knitted Theme Display and I became a Master Chef!
From L to R: Lisa holding Oana, Ulani standing, and me holding Hine

Now that I have the Fresh Chef trait, I start cooking Tropical Dishes for my Themed Display.
The Island Veggie Feast and Kalua Pork require the Sulani Volcano BBQ Searer.
Vanilla Seashells & Chocolate Caviar is an Experimental Food (Gourmet Cooking/Chef Station)).
Banana Bread and Banana Cream Pie require L7 Baking.
The other five are Homestyle Cooking dishes. See "Notes" below for a full list.

Vitor: Are you doing this right?
Lisa: I need to teach somesim Knitting for my last Lady of the Knits milestone.
Vitor: But I've almost maxed Knitting and my work starts in, like, 10 minutes!
Lisa: Only a little longer. Look, try holding your right needle like this…

Lisa: Once Vitor leaves for work, I check on baby Hine then read to Oana and Ulani.
I can't tell by the look on the toddlers' faces. Are they enjoying the book I chose?
By 11 pm, they've reached Level 4 Movement and maxed their other four skills.
They'll definitely reach L5 Movement by their birthday on Wednesday.

Monday
Vitor: It's not quite 2 pm when both toddlers max their last skill.
My work doesn't start for another four hours, Lisa. How about we step out for a bite to eat?
Lisa: I'd love that! I still haven't visited the Sulani Beach Restaurant in Ohan'ali Town!
Will you take me there, please?

Lisa: So what's the occasion? You haven't asked me on a date since the day we met.
Also, it's too early for our one-week anniversary.
Vitor: See this Vanilla Seashells & Chocolate Caviar dish I ordered for us?
It's the last dish I need for my Tropical Dishes display but I need to eat it to learn its recipe.
It's a lucky coincidence that you'd been wanting to eat at this restaurant.

Lisa: The timing's perfect, too! You need to know that I'll be leaving Wednesday for four weeks.
Vitor: Four weeks!? I can't complete all my requirements in a timely manner if you're gone that long, Lisa!
The next Costa heir will need the full attention of both parents!
Lisa: You'll be fine. I've finished my Themed Display, the toddlers finished skilling, and Hine's doing great!
Vitor: Besides leaving me to care for three kids, don't you mind that Hine will be a teen in four weeks?

Vitor: What's so important that you'd abandon us for four weeks?
Lisa: Seriously? You don't know who I am? I'm Lisa of Black Pink and we're starting a world tour soon.
You can simply move in a nanny to help raise the next heir but, for Black Pink, I'm absolutely indispensable!
 If you make me choose between you and Black Pink, well…

Lisa: Are you kidding me? You want us to become just friends?
Do you realize how lucky you are that I chose you? Why can't you wait for me while I'm on tour?
Vitor: Listen, I know this won't be your last tour. I want more than a famous yet absentee partner.
You're a superstar who likes to play house between gigs. You don't take me or our family seriously!
You can't leave until I've moved in a new partner, so I'll start looking tonight after work.

Lisa: Once Vitor leaves for work, I begin helping Hine with her milestones.
Along the way, I discover that I'm Family Oriented. Imagine that!
Oh look! I need to capture this precious moment of Hine standing up by herself!
Watcher: Hine's the first Costa infant to learn to stand up but, we hope, not the last.

Tuesday
Vitor: After work last night, I finished my Themed Display of 10 Tropical Dishes.
My last dish, Vanilla Seashells & Chocolate Caviar, achieves Impeccable quality!
Voila, my Tropical Dish display!
Last night, I also checked Cupid's Corner and found a most lovely match!

Is Melany who I need in my life: a stunning redhead who's Creative and Cheerful?
Would she be interested in settling down with me  here in Sulani?
How would she feel about co-parenting three children from my previous relationships?
I gather up my tattered self-esteem and ask her out on a Get-to-Know-You date.

It's only 10 am, so I invite her to Media Naranja park, lush and green even in winter.
Turns out she loves children and wants to pursue a creative career.
I explain my legacy goals and how they would affect her. She seems so enthusiastic!
During our date, I discover I'm Romantic. Huh, I won't argue with that!
By late afternoon, we're romantic partners, I ask her to move in, and she says yes.

Lisa: Farewell, dearest Hine. I wish I could take you with me.
But life on a global tour is no place for a little baby.
My replacement's already moved in and  Vitor and her are off for another baby.
May the Fates be kind to you, little one!  *moves out

Vitor: In the evening, we celebrate the birthdays of Oana and Ulani, followed by Hine.
Despite our chaotic household, they've done well so far.
Oana and Ulani were Top-Notch Toddlers and Hine was a Top-Notch Infant.
Because the birthday children seem sleepy, we'll give them their makeovers tomorrow.

Wednesday
Vitor: Somehow, Oana and Ulani both rolled my Outgoing trait and Hine's an Inquisitive toddler.
Gisele: Hine has the ideal genetics for the next heir, son, but I also love Ulani's looks.
Daniel: I vote for Hine as well.
Vitor: Me too, but let's not decide until we meet infant Bianca this evening.
By the way, Bianca will wear black like her mother Melany so Hine's switched to yellow (Lisa's fave color).

Melany: I'm a Creative, Cheerful Art Lover and I'd hoped to become a Painter Extraordinaire.
But Vitor asked me yesterday to join the Gardener career to become a Floral Design instead.
For my Themed Display, I'll craft Tropical Flower Arrangements that include Birds of Paradise or Orchids.
They'll require L5 Flower Arranging so I've started crafting low-level arrangements.
Can't sell anything on Plopsy until L4 when I can scent them with Bluebells to prevent wilting.

Vitor: It's time for Bianca to age up, Melany. Would you like to do the honors!
Melany: Wow, a fourth spellcaster with violet eyes and pointy ears! You have some strong genes, Vitor!
Vitor: But Bianca has your darker red hair. She's going to be gorgeous like her mother!
Melany: Now you have two daughters with the exact same physical features, except for their face.
What other criteria do you measure to choose the next heir?

Thursday
Vitor: Hine's been thriving with both Grandma Gisele and Grandpa Daniel all to herself!
She's Inquisitive, too, so she'll be finished skilling in no time!

Friday
Vitor: We're so proud of Oana and Ulani who become A students this afternoon.
They're working on their last badge, Sociability, now.
No scout meetings for these two.
And once they're done with Artistic Prodigy, they'll start Whiz Kid next.

Saturday
Melany: Thank goodness this Yellow Orchids arrangement turned out Excellent quality!
Once I scent it, I'll only need one more Tropical Flower arrangement to finish my display.
I've worked hard on my Gardener career, Flower Arranging skill, and Themed Display.
Surely, I deserve to take the rest of today off to spend time with Vitor and the kids!

Vitor: Oana and Ulani have finished two aspirations and Hine maxed all her toddler skills!
Why don't you and I go for a romantic ride in a Ferris Wheel this afternoon?
Melany: Oh yes, Vitor! Just you and me for a change, how delightful!
Vitor: Ugh, snow in Copperdale! it's so easy to forget what winter's like in the rest of our simverse!

Oana: When I grow up, I wanna be a pirate and sail around the world!
Wanna be my First Mate or whatever it's called, Ulani?
Ulani: Um, no thanks. I'm gonna ask Papa to transform me into a mermaid.
I don't need to travel the world. I'll be happy living in Sulani as long as I live.

Vitor: The rules say I need to do laundry, so I've been doing it daily.
But there's no mention of using cloth diapers, so I'm cutting myself some slack.
As the breadwinner for a six-sim household, who has time for cloth diapers?
On second thought, maybe I'll try cloth diapers with Bianca until her toddler birthday on Monday.
What could go wrong in two days?

Melany: You are doing so well, Bianca, even though Mama's been so busy!
I hope Vitor will choose you to be the next heir, sweetie. You'd make such a great Costa heir, the best!
And since we're a six-sim household, I'm hoping Vitor and I can have two more children together.
I don't mind looking after the other three children, but 3 vs 3 is only fair!
I'd raise his exes' three children plus three children of my own, including you!
What do you think, Bianca? When I ask Vitor, do you think he'll say yes?

Gallery Downloads
1) Cupid's Corner: *"Melany Arriaga" by Mamutcreative.

The Gen7 household
Home: Admiral's Wreckage, Mua Pel'am (Sulani)

Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - YA (11 days to Adult)
Traits: Outgoing, Foodie, Perfectionist (+Family Oriented, Romantic, Active)
Children: Oana (Nanea), Ulani (Riley), Hine (Lisa), and Bianca (Melany)

Melany Arriaga (Gen7 partner) - YA (21 days to YA)
Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Art Lover

Oana Costa (Gen8 spare) - Child (10 days to Teen)
Traits: Sensitive/Fussy; Outgoing (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Heavy Sleeper, Hates Wakeup Time, Loves Being Carried

Ulani Costa (Gen8 spare) - Child (10 days to Teen)
Traits: Sunny/Independent; Outgoing (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Loves Books, Messy Eater, Likes Water

Hine Costa (Gen8 ?heir) - Toddler (3 days to Child)
Traits: Calm/Inquisitive (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Loves Books, Hates Being Carried
Milestones (17): Fine/4, Gross/5, Social/4, Firsts/4

Bianca Costa (Gen8 ?heir) - Infant (2 days to Toddler)
Traits: Sunny
Infant quirks: Gassy, Frequently Sneezes, Picky Eater
Milestones (11): Fine/2, Gross/1, Social/4, Firsts/4

MOVED OUT:
Lisa Manoban (Gen7 ex-partner) - YA
Traits: Creative, Good, Outgoing
Moved on Saturday to Thebes Estate, Porto Luminos (Tartosa)

Progress: End of Week 47
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Previous Generations

Notes
*Vitor's 10 Tropical Dishes: Poke Bowl, Vanilla Seashells & Chocolate Caviar, and eight dishes
  made with Coconut, Pineapple, Plantain, or Taro Root:   Banana Bread, Banana Cream Pie, Bibingka,   
  Banana Split Waffles, Coconut Cake, Island Vegetable Feast, Kalua Pork, and Pineapple Pizza.

*New bug after latest patch: Vitor took Melany on a date to restaurant and tried to request a table.
  After two sim-hours of this nonsense, I checked EA Answers HQ and, yep, this is a new bug.
  So I feel justified in having reloaded my game from just before Vitor asked Melany out on a date.

*Melany's Tropical Flower Arrangements:
  There are seven arrangement that use Bird of Paradise or Orchid.
   The 10 display items must be scented with Bluebell to prevent wilting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.6: On the Re-Re-Re...Uhn, Whiplash (26 Sep '24)
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2024, 06:23:46 AM »
Good heavens!  I was not ready for you to have Lisa actually be Lisa!!  I mean, yes, she was a Sim who was modelled after one of my all-time favorite K Idols, but the Lisa?  Vitor, you fool!!  Also, I loved the inclusion of the shots of RL Lisa and the explanation of who she was for anyone who is not a L-pop nerd like me  ;=)
Speaking of fools, we'll see if Melany is fooling herself with ideas that Vitor might actually stay with her and have more babies.  Who knows, maybe leopards can change their spots...or not  ;=)
The kids are all gorgeous!  There is no wrong choice in the batch!  I was looking at the trio and thinking, "Oana's the 'worst choice' of the bunch?  She's stunning!" so yeah, exceptional work in the genetics department!
A fabulous update, Watcher, and congrats on all the fantastic progress!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.6: On the Re-Re-Re...Uhn, Whiplash (26 Sep '24)
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2024, 11:52:15 AM »
Good heavens!  I was not ready for you to have Lisa actually be Lisa!!  I mean, yes, she was a Sim who was modelled after one of my all-time favorite K Idols, but the Lisa?  Vitor, you fool!!  Also, I loved the inclusion of the shots of RL Lisa and the explanation of who she was for anyone who is not a L-pop nerd like me  ;=)
Speaking of fools, we'll see if Melany is fooling herself with ideas that Vitor might actually stay with her and have more babies.  Who knows, maybe leopards can change their spots...or not  ;=)
The kids are all gorgeous!  There is no wrong choice in the batch!  I was looking at the trio and thinking, "Oana's the 'worst choice' of the bunch?  She's stunning!" so yeah, exceptional work in the genetics department!
A fabulous update, Watcher, and congrats on all the fantastic progress!!

Oh! I did NOT realize Lisa is one of your all-time favorite Kpop idols, what a lucky coincidence for both of us.
Lisa is an iconic superstar but Vitor, living in a remote spot in Sulan and wrapped up in his busy life, failed to recognize her.
When Lisa moved in, her household funds wer actually over 198 million simoleons (thanks to the ingenuity of the Lisa lookalike sim's creator), but Vitor didn't know Lisa's true identity until it was too late.
I thought you would gush over Melany, Vitor's redheaded Gallery mitch from Cupid's ACorner, but I guess you're just that much of a Lisa fan. LOL!

Yes, all four kids are really lovely and I'm shocked that, even though 2 mermaid partners and 2 non-occult partners, his four kids are all spellcasters.
Vitor's been the one to Ask to Have Science Baby. Could that be why all the kids are violet-eyed, pointy-eared spellcasters? Whatever the cause, it's a delightful outcome!
Thanks so much for reminding me that I could save all the kiddos!
If I use the Sims 4 Tray Importer app to compress the kiddos as teens into separate zip files, I could import them into any save/world/The Sims 4 folder of my choosing.

Melany has a work-from-home career (eventually Floral Designer) and her last Plopsy sale of a flower arrangement earned over 10,000 simoleons.
She has the potential to out-earn Vitor, so they would both have more time for the children plus Vitor self-discovered the Family-Oriented trait.
Who knows what Vitor really wants?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.7: Hot In, So Hot in Here. Oh! (28 Sep '24)
« Reply #321 on: September 28, 2024, 07:01:03 PM »
7.6: Hot in, So Hot in Here. Oh!

Sunday, Week 48, Yea4 4 (late winter)
Vitor: Last week started out with my partner Lisa announcing she was leaving on a 4-week global tour.
As a member of Black Pink, Lisa thrives on the love of the media and her fandom. So I told her to pack her bags.
The next day, I met Melany Arriaga who told me she loves children and always wanted a big family.
Once Melany moved in, she and I had a science baby together, a litt e girle girl named Bianca.
It was a busy week! All four of our kids had birthdays and I finished cooking 10 impeccable-quality dishes.
From L to R: Melany holding Bianca, Oana, me holding Hine, and Ulani.

I'd hoped that Mua Pel'am could be 100% cleaned up by now.
Nanea and Riley worked on that, but Lisa didn't want to ruin her high heels in the sand.
So, last night after work (I maxed my career!), I cleaned up until there was nothing more to do.
First thing this morning, I begin cleaning up the island again.

Just before noon, I get the notification that Mua Pel'am is fully restored!
I hope this means that the sea turtles will come to lay their eggs here soon.

Back home, I find Oana and Ulani practicing bicycle riding.
Seems like they spend more time in "Biking is hard" timeouts than actually practicing.
Mind & Body is their fourth aspiration, but they're under no pressure to complete it.
I ended my parents' stayover, so Melany and I are busy with Hine and Bianca now.

Melany: Thanks for suggesting we have our talk at The Sand Bar. I have an important question for you.
I don't mind raising my three step-kids, but could you and I please have two more children?
It's been my lifelong dream to have a Big Happy Family! That is, my own children, not children of other sims.

Vitor: How can you say "the children of other sims," Melany? They're my children and you're my partner.
Melany: But it's not fair that we have only one child while I'm like a live-in nanny for your other three kids.
Vitor: Oh, so you can't see Oana, Ulani, and Hine as "your" kids? Not at all? You never interact with them, either.
Melany: That's because they don't need me like Bianca does!
Vitor: Now you're just making excuses! Every child needs all the love and support they can get!

Melany: You never explained that we could only have one child together!
Vitor: Because you never shared your life dream of a Big Happy Family of blood-related children.
Melany: I refuse to give up my family dream for your stupid legacy restrictions.
Though I feel a little bad about leaving you with three kids to raise, I'm breaking up with you!
Vitor: Nuh uh, you'll be leaving me with four kids cos Bianca stays with me. Dem's da rules!

Monday
Vitor: Are you, um, a firefighter? Where's your firetruck and the rest of your crew?
Firefighter: Solo mission, bruh. I heard the guy living here is fire, so I came to check him out for the public's safety.
Vitor: Aren't you worried about singeing your chest hairs, fighting fires shirtless like that?
Firefighter: Haha, no. I'm actually an aspiring actor but you showed up last night as a Cupid's Corner Match.
Vitor: Then you must be Kian de la Paz? I was planning to ask you out this evening.

Vitor: But today's Turtle Hatching Season on our island and two of my kids took the day off to see baby turtles.
Kian: Baby sea turtles hatching nearby? Can I join you and your kids?
Oana: The baby sea turtles are so tiny! How will they survive in the ocean?
Vitor: I read that they'll swim to deeper seas where they'll feed and mature.
Kian: Yes and, as adults, the females will return to this same beach to lay their eggs.
Ulani: See, Oana? This is why I can never leave Sulani!

Kian: The more I get to know Vitor, the more I fall for him. He's the complete package!
An Outgoing Foodie Perfectionist who also shares my Family Oriented and Active traits!
Vitor: Kian pushes [/i]all[/i] my buttons and he was so sweet to Oana and Ulani earlier.

Kian: I know we just met this morning, but I can see us enjoying a fulfilling life together.
Vitor: We're romantic partners, but I need to tell you more about my legacy requirements.
Will you come home with me and meet my other two kids?
Kian: I'm Family Oriented, Vitor, so "you kids" will soon be "our kids," right? Lead the way!

Tuesday
Vitor:  So many changes in the house since we met! You moved in and Melany moved out.
Bianca aged up then you and I had a science baby together who you named Paolo.
Kian: I'm sure glad I quit my Acting career to become a Painter as you requested.
I'm Very Attracted to you so I've been a bit sad that you'd only felt Neutral about me.
But while painting, I discovered I'm Creative then you immediately became Attracted to me. Life is good!

Vitor: A Top-Notch Infant, Bianca aged up yesterday into an Angelic toddler.
This evening, Paolo became a Calm infant and our third kid Hine became a Good child.
All five children are pointy-eared spellcasters, but only these three are redheads.
Paolo inherited Kian's green eyes while the other four have my violet eyes.

Wednesday
Kian: To become a Painter Extraordinaire, I must view 3 paintings at a museum next.
Since my son Paolo's an Early Riser, I take him along with me in his carrier.
He's very well-behaved and doesn't fuss at all! 
Now to go home and craft the paintings for my Themed Display.

Kian: Thanks for building me this atelier. As you see, I've started on my Themed Display.
I took 10 photos of scenes around our island which I'm painting by reference.
Vitor: Do those pinks decals help position the photo to suit the angle of your easel?
Kian: Exactly! Three more excellent -quality painting of Mua Pel'am and my Themed Display is done!

Thursday
Kian: Vitor, come look at my Themed Display! I finished my 10th painting this morning.
Vitor: Hey, those are all great choices for scenic spots. How did you know?
Kian: Well, I know Ulani really loves Mua Pel'am so I asked him for some suggestions.
Vitor: Thanks to you, my last heir requirement is finished. You know what means?
Kian: That we can return to the regular ole Mishmash Legacy rules?

Vitor: While Papa Kian's at work, I'm placing this Plumbite gemstone here for you, Paolo.
You only need two more milestones to reach the 10 you need to age up early.
Hours later
Kian: Great job, Vitor and Paolo! You're ready to age up to a toddler, Paolo, just like your sis Bianca!
Vitor: He's such a cute toddler! Am I crazy for wanting another kid, a little blond, mini-Kian?

Kian: We have so much to celebrate! Hine brought home an A grade today!
And Papa Vitor finished every single one of his heir requirements!
Vitor: Kian, you also finished your Themed Display and got a promotion today.
Kian: I vote you take Oana, Ulani, and Hine to the Anchorpoint Cinema in San Sequoiat.

Vitor: What about you and the toddlers?
Kian: The three of us will be nearby at the Anchorpoint Library.
When we met, I was an aspiring Actor with the Super Parent aspiration, remember?
I'd love to read to Bianca and Paolo while you four enjoy your movie!
Vitor: You're the best, Kian! Let's go see that new Peter Barker film!

Friday
Kian: Life doesn't get any better than this, Paolo! A loving partner, a wonderful family, a beautiful home!
Paolo: *babbles
Kian: Vitor is it for me, Paolo. I'm going to ask him to marry me. What do you think?
Paolo: *babbles

At Zosul Taman Botani, Tomarang
Vitor: You're too good to be true, Kian. Is there something you're not telling me? You're already married or something?
Kian: In the words of the late and great Jimi Hendrix, "I have only one burning desire. Let me stand next to your fire."
Vitor: Oh snap! I think I can arrange that. Yes, let's get married, Kian!
You have absolutely ruined me for anyone else but you.
Kian: Darn straight. And with this ring…

Later, back home…
Kian: Um, Vitor, this is my first…
Vitor: For me, too, Kian.
Kian: Really, with all your kids? Wow, it's like we've been waiting for each other!

Saturday
Oana: Look at us in charge of the garden, the laundry, and trash! Ever get the feeling we're being exploited?
Hine: But a kid's allowance isn't enough to buy the good stuff!
Ulani: Yeah, and if we demand wages, will our parents charge us for our laptops and bikes?
Hine: I don't mind helping out. I love our home and our parents work hard to look after us.

Oana: Uh huh, they spend every free minute looking after the five of us.
Hine: Don't be like that, Oana. Look how happy Papa Vitor's been since he met Papa Kian!
Ulani: True dat! After Oana, I've known Papa Vitor the longest.
He's never looked so happy. And Papa Kian even told him he could quit his job and relax.
Oana: Now that I think of it, Papa Vitor's been raising us with only his job and his food sales.
Hine: See, Oana? We need to help out! Papa Vitor's been working overtime for us!
Yeah, and now that Papas Vitor and Kian are married, we'll all enjoy some stability!

Gallery Downloads
*The Sand Bar (30x20): "The Sand Bar" by Maydussa.
*Cupid's Corner: "Kian de la Paz" by aneebananee. Active, Family Oriented, Bro.

The Gen7 household
Home: Admiral's Wreckage, Mua Pel'am (Sulani)

Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - YA (4 days to Adult)
Traits: Outgoing, Foodie, Perfectionist (+Family Oriented, Romantic, Active)
Children: Oana (Nanea), Ulani (Riley), Hine (Lisa), Bianca (Melany), and Paolo (Kian)

Kian (de la Paz) Costa (Gen7 spouse) - YA (20 days to Adult)
Traits: Active, Family Oriented, Bro (+Creative, Perfectionist)

Oana Costa (Gen8 spare) - Child (3 days to Teen)
Traits: Sensitive/Fussy; Outgoing

Ulani Costa (Gen8 spare) - Child (3 days to Teen)
Traits: Sunny/Independent; Outgoing

Hine Costa (Gen8 spare) - Child (10 days to Teen)
Traits: Calm/Inquisitive; Good (Top-Notch Toddler)

Bianca Costa (Gen8 heir) - Toddler (2 days to Child)
Traits: Sunny/Angelic (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Little Singer
Infant quirks: Gassy, Frequently Sneezes, Picky Eater
Milestones (20): Fine/5, Gross/4, Social/4, Firsts/7

Paolo Costa (Gen8 spare) - Toddler (5 days to Child)
Traits: Calm/Charmer (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Wanderer, Good Appetite
Infant quirks: Feeding Tinkler, Self-Soother, Early Riser
Milestones (10): Fine/2, Gross/2, Social/1, Firsts/5

MOVED OUT:
Melany Arriaga (Gen7 ex-partner) - YA
Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Art Lover
Currently homeless with §20,000 in funds

Progress:: End of Week 48

Previous Generations

Notes
*Learn to Ride a Bike: Oana & Ulani had been struggling with their "Biking is Hard" buffs.
  But Vitor returned from his talk with Melany Sunday to find both kids had learn to ride their bikes.
  If that's a bug, I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm going to try it again with Hine, lol.

*Vitor and Kian's personality traits: These two are so well matched, with three traits in common:
  Vitor: Outgoing, Foodie, Perfectionist (+Family Oriented, Romantic, Active)
  Kian:  Active, Family Oriented, Bro (+Creative, Perfectionist)

*Vitor's Exes: We already know that Nanea and Riley got married and live nearby at Key Point.
  Lisa Manoban married Dominic Adamiek, the son of Gisele Costa's first Cupids Corner date who was a single father.
  Thursday night, Melany married Lee Eggleston and moved to Dream Weaver's Way in StrangerVille.
  Vitor's first partner, Blair Joyson, remains single.

*Source challenge: The Random Legacy Chalenge for The Sims 4 by tigger89, later updated by Piece of Princess.
  Because I rolled five children, I was allowed to play the five rolled Secondary Careers in any sequence I wanted.
  There's no requirement to max each Secondary career, so these only really affected each partner's Themed Display.
   Buried Treasures for Nanea because she's a mermaid, fish for Riley who Loves the Outdoors, and creative crafts for the other 3 partners.
   Lisa and Melany both showed up as Creative in Cupid's Corner. Kian wasn't Creative but he soon self-discovered the Creative trait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2024, 03:21:27 AM »
Congrats to Vitor on completing his requirements.

Oh, what a challenge  - rolling different parents for each child and then rolling 5 children! You mastered it magnificently.

Every best wish for his future happiness.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2024, 07:23:54 AM »
Vitor's leg of this journey is an emotional roller coaster!  And wow, the immediate anger he went to with Melany asking about kids?  They didn't go out for a talk, they went out for a fight!  Realistically, he was likely just waiting for the other shoe to drop since each of the others had left, but Melany was also a bit harsh in her delivery of the stereotypical "those aren't my kids" stepparent line.  It was a great scene as we got to walk away from seeing both as "in the wrong" instead of just finger pointing at one as the guilty party.  Excellent writing!
And the firefighter bit?  Classic Oshizu wit!!  Great stuff!
The children are all just lovely!  Of course, I'm delighted that there are beautiful redheads as the candidates for next heir  ;=)
Fantastic progress and you really did an excellent job writing your way through the many relationship trial and tribulations of Vitor.  Excellent work, Watcher!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2024, 08:48:21 AM »
Congrats to Vitor on completing his requirements.

Oh, what a challenge  - rolling different parents for each child and then rolling 5 children! You mastered it magnificently.

Every best wish for his future happiness.

The only benefit of rolling 5 children was that I was allowed to choose the order of the five Secondary Careers I rolled.
The Secorndary Careers didn't have to be maxed, but I wanted them to match each partner's Themed Display if possible.
Since Vitor learned Nanea was a mermaid, Buried Treasure was a no-brainer. And Vitor knew Riley's Love the Outdoors trait so Fish.
Both Lisa and Melany appeared in Cupid's Corner with the Creative trait, so they took up The Knitter and Floral Designer, respectively.
I saved Painter/Master of the Real for last because it offered the most earning potential (without requiring garden flowers).
But now that Vitor's completed his requirements, I guess Kian doesn't actually need to stay in the Painter career?

Vitor and Kian thank you for your wishes for their future happiness! They are both Family Oriented so I'm feeling optimistic!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2024, 09:02:43 AM »
Vitor's leg of this journey is an emotional roller coaster!  And wow, the immediate anger he went to with Melany asking about kids?  They didn't go out for a talk, they went out for a fight!  Realistically, he was likely just waiting for the other shoe to drop since each of the others had left, but Melany was also a bit harsh in her delivery of the stereotypical "those aren't my kids" stepparent line.  It was a great scene as we got to walk away from seeing both as "in the wrong" instead of just finger pointing at one as the guilty party.  Excellent writing!
And the firefighter bit?  Classic Oshizu wit!!  Great stuff!
The children are all just lovely!  Of course, I'm delighted that there are beautiful redheads as the candidates for next heir  ;=)
Fantastic progress and you really did an excellent job writing your way through the many relationship trial and tribulations of Vitor.  Excellent work, Watcher!

I confess I inwardly groaned each time Vitor parted ways with each of his first four live-in partners.
They each moved out around the time their science baby was a toddler, so six days?
If we considereed a sim-season to consist of 4 months that would translatd to around two weeks, hehe.
I just knew I didn't Vitor to be spending most of his life running through different partners, so I sped up the process.
Melany had the "weakest exit strategy"; I had kind of run out of ideas by Melany.

I'm glad you like Kian the firefighter. I remembered that the Lovestruck expansion pack came with the Costume Trunk with flirty Firfighter costume.
And I wanted Kian, as Vitor's ultimate love, to make a special entrance, haha.  Couldn't resist the corny banter, lol!
As for the children, I was surprised at how beautifully the redheaded Hine turned out as a child.
But we've decided to go with Bianca as the next heir. Now that Vitor's household is stable, the younger Bianca has a better chance of completing the next heir's requirements.

anything