Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.8: Another Birthday Bonanza (4 Oct '24)  (Read 34449 times)

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.10: Edgar on Fire (18 May 24)
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »
If only Braylon had said earlier.

Mind you, Winona's watcher might have moved some other hunk into the neighbourhood and she wouldn't have realised her true love was Edgar.

I'm very happy for all the lovebirds and wish them well. Especially with their none fruiting garden! How annoying!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2024, 08:37:53 PM »

Mind you, Winona's watcher might have moved some other hunk into the neighbourhood and she wouldn't have realised her true love was Edgar.

I'm very happy for all the lovebirds and wish them well. Especially with their none fruiting garden! How annoying!

I was always curious why Braylon never got flirty around Winona but, dang, he's like a house on fire around Wangari. Must be the "two redheads" thing. (Is that a thing?)
But you're SO right! Braylon was a kind of placeholder until Winona realized that Edgar had aged up into an attractive teenager!
(Okay, okay. Watcher confesses that she was momentarily blindsided by Braylon's red hair...)
Haha, if Winona hadn't decided to host a potluck, she'd never seen teen Edgar among her potential potluck contributors.
Edgar doesn't have red hair or violet eyes, but he came with the Soulmates aspiration and is crazy about Winona, that's good enough.

About the non-harvestable garden, Winona's probably throwing its cycle off balance by all the hours she spends in other towns trying to get their plants to grow, haha.
Last night, I dreamed that TS4 got a built-in dating app. I woke up thinking I'd try Costa's luck with it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2024, 02:31:34 AM »

I was always curious why Braylon never got flirty around Winona but, dang, he's like a house on fire around Wangari. Must be the "two redheads" thing. (Is that a thing?)
But you're SO right! Braylon was a kind of placeholder until Winona realized that Edgar had aged up into an attractive teenager!
(Okay, okay. Watcher confesses that she was momentarily blindsided by Braylon's red hair...)
Haha, if Winona hadn't decided to host a potluck, she'd never seen teen Edgar among her potential potluck contributors.
Edgar doesn't have red hair or violet eyes, but he came with the Soulmates aspiration and is crazy about Winona, that's good enough.

About the non-harvestable garden, Winona's probably throwing its cycle off balance by all the hours she spends in other towns trying to get their plants to grow, haha.
Last night, I dreamed that TS4 got a built-in dating app. I woke up thinking I'd try Costa's luck with it.
Lol - there is online speculation or hopes that the new release will include a dating app so maybe you've subconsciously picked that up.

I know you said you werent bothered about a Romance concept, but if they do go that route, and get the functionality right, it could be a load of fun. The current good/bad/indifferent fit between Sims is already a great gameplay feature as you've found with Braylon & Edgar.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2024, 05:54:18 PM »
Lol - there is online speculation or hopes that the new release will include a dating app so maybe you've subconsciously picked that up.

I know you said you werent bothered about a Romance concept, but if they do go that route, and get the functionality right, it could be a load of fun. The current good/bad/indifferent fit between Sims is already a great gameplay feature as you've found with Braylon & Edgar.

Haha, you're right! I'd watched a little of LilSimsie's video on the new pack the other day and she was hoping it would offer online dating.
I've tried modded online dating before, first with LittleMissSam's SimDa Dating App mod then with one of Lumpinou's modules.
I didn't like it much but I'm not a good judge, I guess, having never tried online dating myself. (Does that matter? I've never "Dived for thrills," either...)

We shall see. I do deeply hope that we get a new town! 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.3: Living in Sin (20 May 24)
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2024, 09:12:30 AM »
2.3: Living in Sin

Sunday, Week 11, Year 1 (midwinter
Winona: Last week, I made tons of progress with nearly all my requirements!
Tuesday, I asked my childhood friend and former next-door neighbor Edgar to move in.
Edgar and I crushed on each other (since when, I wonder) and Braylon revealed a surprising secret.
All this time, he'd been carrying a torch for my sister Wangari!
Oh and Edgar found the first two of the six- Magic Beans in Patchy's pockets!
Since last night's Prom, I asked Chico to move in.
From L to R: Me, Edgar, my sister's boyfriend Braylon, and my brother Chico

Here are our Photo Booth shots from last night's Prom.
I'm sure agree that everyone is with who they should be!
By the way, Edgar aged up this morning and joined the Gardener career.
By the way, his first work task is to "Buy Garden Seeds" so he buys an Uncommon Seed Packet and gets a Coconut.

We're back at Grims Quarry Community Garden to check on the Kava plant but it's still the same as last time.
Since a plant won't fit into my personal inventory, I figure the Burgliate spell won't work.
I decide to try a CopyPasto spell for, you know, for science!
Huh, a duplicate Kava plant should be in family inventory? I'll check when we get home.
Pretty handy when a plant is out of season or too young to take a cutting…

I love the Woodsy Plank Fencing from Moonwood Mills!
Not only does its rustic look appeal to me but I can place candles on the planks.

Monday
Winona: So, I was thinking that since we both need to do five Space Missions for Nerd Brain…
Edgar: Are you sure, Winona? I've daydreamed about our first time being somewhere comfy and romantic.
Winona: Not our first time, silly!
Edgar: What are you saying? You're not a…?! But I'm still a…?!
Winona: Not only our first time, sweetheart. Our first FIVE times!

i]Watcher: Now's a good time to show you the status of their lot in Tartosaa.
That's the garden at the back right.
I couldn't bring myself to bulldoze Winona's starting campsite, but recreated it on the lot's left edge.
I'll starting build an actual house soon.

Chico: Didn't my sister ask me to move in so I could find my true love?
There's a girl I really like, but how do I date her when I'm in charge of this humongous garden?
Also, I hate having to share a two-sim tent with Wangari's boyfriend.  What the heck
While I'm complaining, today's my birthday. Who's the idiot who forgot to give me the day off from school?
Watcher: Uh, that would be me? Sorry, Chico!

Braylon: Winona invites her family with us to the Garden of Olives restaurant for our birthday.
I age up Wangari first, then me and Winona blow out our candles next.
Edgar warns me this is a bad moment to propose, but what does he know?
By the way, did you notice that I've been stripped of my cc clothing since I declared my love for Wangari?

Braylon: We elope as soon as we get back to Tartosa and I persuade her to try for baby a time or two.
And what do you think Wangari does after we try for baby?
She runs off and says to Edgar: "What do you think of me moving in with you?" To Edgar, not to her husband!?!?!
That Edgar is a menace to The Brotherhood yo!

Tuesday
Chico: Winona, meet my girlfriend, Tammy Rasoya. Her parents are Raj Rasoya and Ayaka Matsumoto (she's blond).
I aged her up this morning but only know that she Loves the Outdoors. I thought if you met her…
You're an Outdoor-Loving, Adventurous Genius, while Tammy's an Outdoor-Loving Perfectionist Genius.
You two are perfect for each other!

Chico: C'mere, Tammy. I want to show you some cool photos in my Wilderness Digest.
Tammy: Realy? Right next to where your father, Edgar, and Edgar's father are?
Chico: Oh, them? They won't mind. Don't squeal at the photos, though. They'll get the wrong idea.

Winona: I discovered Monday that woohoo in the rocket ship doesn't build the Rocket Science skill.
But I quickly maxed it after a few solo space missions, then began the Wormhole Generator upgrade.
And here I am on Sixam!  Luckily for me, I don't have to wait around 24 hours before harvesting some Glow Orbs!

Wednesday
Chico: The new house looks great from the front but, um, where are the bedrooms?
Winona: Edgar and I want to live in a microhome until…well, we're not sure when, but for now.
Would you rather sleep in a bed under a pergola or something?
Chico: Nah, I'm Adventurous. I love feeling like I'm on perma-vacation.
Winona:

Edgar: Finally a kitchen! I'm so tired of grilled food!
Winona: The living area looks a little lonely. Do you watch TV, Edgar?
Edgar: No, but I wouldn't mind a gaming console…
Winona: Maybe you could put on your speedo and ask Watcher nicely?

My current goal is getting a UFO plant from a space mission.
I wonder. Will the UFO Plant will be the past item in my collection?
In the evening, I visit the Creature Keeper in The Bramblewood to trade berries.
The Creature Keeper (Dahlia Birch) trades me a Raspberry and Blueberry for 2 Chocoberries each. Nice!

Thursday
Winona:  Of course, I want to marry you, Edgar.
Edgar: Wangari and Chico eloped with their partners, but I'd like us to have a big wedding!
Winona: Before I say yes, you need to know how my heir requirements will effect your life.
Maybe a life with me isn't what you want.
Edgar: Oh? Like the Labors of Hercules?
Or like the impossible tasks Kaguya-hime gave her suitors to discourage them inThe Tale of the Bamboo Cutter?

Winona (sighs): My partner must max the Floral Designer career and complete the Message in a Bottle collection.
Edgar: That's easy! I'm already a Level 5 Gardener!
Winona: Also, when I get married, I must be a PlantSim.
Edgar: Oooooh, those darn Magic Beans! If that's all, Winona. Relax. I'm all yours!

Except for gardening and bio breaks, I've been going on space missions non-stop since Tuesday.
So going for a stroll with Edgar and his willingness to do whatever's need to be with me…he makes me so happy.
I carelessly respond to prompts concerning my space mission to aid the moon colony.
What a shock to see that splash announcement, which means I was rewarded a UFO plant!

Friday
Edgar: The first day I hit the two beaches in Porto Luminoso, I find 19 out of the 20 total Bottled Messages!
If only Magic Beans were this easy!
I don't understand why I need to wear my swimwear to dig for the bottles, though. I'm just on the beach.
Watcher (mumbles): something, something Fan Service…

In Selvadorada
Winona: Go ahead, Chico! I cleared the first archway, so this one's all yours. Edgar will clear the Tempe's archway.
Chico: I'm so hyped! What will I find on the other side?
Winona: Well, besides a chance card, this archway leads to The Royal Omiscan Baths.

Winona: I forgot what the tree's called but here are the emotion berries!
Shoot, I'm still missing a Razzleberry. Hopefully, I'll find one in front of the Temple.
Spoiler: I do!

Chico: I've had such a blast here, Winona! I wish we could stay longer!
Edgar and I miscalculated. We thought we worked today and had tomorrow off, but it was the reverse!
Chico: That works for me! I know you two have dozens of unsold paintings lying around.
Before moving out, I'd like to earn my moving expenses. Could I run some yard sales with those paintings?
Edgar: Of course, you can! We were planning to give you moving expenses, but you can do better for yourself!

Winona: I wonder how our parents feel about you and I "living in sin"?
Edgar: I bet they're more interested in holding their grandkids, especially the next heir, than what people think.
Winona: We can't get married yet, but we can still practice trying for baby, can't we?
Edgar: No, try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
Winona (giggles): Fine, Yoda. Come here and DO.

Saturday
Winona: It's not a requirement but I'd like to grow one giant oversized crop of each variety at least once.
My last harvest, each oversized variety yielded double crops. In this case, less is more!
This time, my Aubergine, Pumpkin, and Watermelon show promise.
I'll have to buy that Super-Vitality Fertilizer at Finchwick whenever I can.

Sprucewood Maker Space's Tentacle Tree has sprouted so I try to CopyPasto it.
Unlike with Kava, I see a duplicate tree on the ground next to the planter. Oh well.

At Grims Quarry Community Gardens, I find an unplanted Taro Root in a planter.
Should I plant it or put it in my pocket?  Obviously, I snatch it and put a different seed in its place.

Chico: I run back-to-back yard sales until nearly midnight.
Around 7:30 pm, my wife Tammy phones to say she gave birth to twins. Wow!
And what a surprise to meet my mother-in-law, Ayaka Rasoya, who evens buys a painting!
Altogether, I bring in §93,462, thanks to the paintings by Winona, Edgar, and Braylon.

Winona: As soon as I get home, I check Patchy's pockets and find a Sad Magic Bean. Score!
Instead of a percentage of the earnings, Edgar and I give Chico the full §93k for being so helpful this week.
He moves into a lovely 3-bedroom/2-bathroom home in Mt. Komorebi with Tammy and their twins,

The Gen2 Household
Residence: Celebrazioni d'Amore, Porto Luminoso (Tartosa)
Lot challenge: Simple Living

Winona Costa (Gen2 heir) - YA
Traits:  Loves the Outdoors, Maker, Foodie
Fiance: Edgar Rainstorm; Children: (2nd trimester)

Edgar Rainstorm (Gen2 fiance) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Neat, Creative (+Perfectionist)
Career: Floral Designer 6, Bottled Messages 19/20

Moved Out
Braylon (Talla) Costa  (Gen2 cadet spouse) - YA
Traits: Green Fiend, Perfectionist, Clumsy (+Creative)
Spouse: Wangari Costa; Children: Alexus & Vincent
Home: The Shipping Views, Port Promise (EH)

Chico Costa (Gen2 spare) - YA
Traits: Adventurous, Loves the Outdoors, Genius (+Cheerful, Loyal)
Spouse: Tammy (Rasoya); Children: Ashton & Raven
Home: 2-4-2 Wakaba-mori, Wakaba (Mt. Komorebi)

Progress: End of Week 11
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Source challenge: Winona's requirements riff of Gen 6 "Verdant Heart" of simzcoolstar's The Collection Legacy.
  The only requirements drawn from the source challenge are:
  *Collections: Harvestables (plants), Decorative Eggs, and Magic Beans
  *Suggested traits: Loves the Outdoors, Vegetarian, Genius (replaced Vegetarian and Genius)
  *Suggested aspiration: Freelance Botanist
  *Suggested career: Gardener (branch not specified)
  All Winona's other requirements are my own, including how Winona approaches the collecting of harvestables.

*Random vendors: I'm not letting Winona buy plants from random vendor tables, though it's SO tempting!
  This week, she saw a Razzleberry and a Fang Flower being sold on different days by different vendors.

*17 new harvestables in Week 11:
  Harvested in wild:  Glow Orb (Sixam), Emotion berries x6 (Selvadorada)
  Grown at home: Oversized crops x5, Kava Root (CopyPasto'd sprouted Kava at Community Garden)
  Uncommon Seed Packet (Edgar's work task): Coconut
  Creature Keeper (trade): Raspberry and Blueberry (2  Chocoberries each)
  Space mission: UFO plant
o*Babies!: Winona and Edgar are glad that she's mostly done with running around in search of harvestables.
  Getting the Forbidden Fruit would be easier if she were allowed to buy Rare Seed Packets, but she's not.
  Well, unless she or Edgar get a work assignment to Purchase Garden Seeds, which has only happened once each.
  Only two more Magic Beans left!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.11: Living in Sin (20 May 24)
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2024, 10:22:41 AM »
Winona: We can't get married yet, but we can still practice trying for baby, can't we?

Absolutely hilarious. Well done, @oshizu . My awful Star Wars brain then immediately thought of the famous Gold Leader scene.
Winona: Edgar, I am envisioning toddlers. Too many toddlers.
Edgar: Stay on target.
Winona: I can't break away.

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2024, 11:22:47 AM »
Lovely to see Winona's siblings happily settled with babies. Chico should feel very lucky that he got to move in and then out...

The messages in bottles collection is great! The search piles seem to add up each day you don't search them rather than only replace one when you have - if you see what I mean. That's the only collection site that does that, to my knowledge.

I need to know where you saw the fang flower? Jade is allowed to buy them and that's the last flower she needs! Lol. If only the Simverses worked like that!
Interesting about the Kava plant. Do you think it works for plants but not trees?

A big wedding next update - we would expect nothing less as they are living in Tartosa.

(Note - you're missing the family photo at the start of your update)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2024, 09:50:59 PM »

Absolutely hilarious. Well done, @oshizu . My awful Star Wars brain then immediately thought of the famous Gold Leader scene.
Winona: Edgar, I am envisioning toddlers. Too many toddlers.
Winona: I can't break away.

@Metropolis Man
I believe the first time I noticed what an entertaining writer you are was when I read your Guide page with your Jimi Hendrix sim, I believe.
Of course, it helped A LOT that I'm a rabid--I mean, avid--fan of Jimi Hendrix.
And not to mention your ideas for tournament challenge titles, that sparkle with wit!

Do you even plan to write another sims story?  Maybe do one where your creativity and humor wouldn't be shackled by gazillion requirements?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2024, 10:04:30 PM »
Lovely to see Winona's siblings happily settled with babies. Chico should feel very lucky that he got to move in and then out...

The messages in bottles collection is great! The search piles seem to add up each day you don't search them rather than only replace one when you have - if you see what I mean. That's the only collection site that does that, to my knowledge.

I need to know where you saw the fang flower? Jade is allowed to buy them and that's the last flower she needs! Lol. If only the Simverses worked like that!
Interesting about the Kava plant. Do you think it works for plants but not trees?

A big wedding next update - we would expect nothing less as they are living in Tartosa.

(Note - you're missing the family photo at the start of your update)

First of all, thank you for alerting me that I forgot to insert the household portrait. I was so focused on trying to edit down last week's happenings that...I simply forgot, lol!

This must be the 3rd or 4th time I've completed the Messages in a Bottle collection The first time was 2 years ago when My Wedding Stories came out.
It's super easy and a consolation to the household for the difficulty of getting Magic Beans from Patchy, haha.
Oh! Interesting theory about CopyPasto working for plants but not trees!

Winona's encountered a Fang Flower  twice this past sim-Saturday:
(1) Finchwick's garden stall (in the morning before the Finchwick Fair); and
(2) a vendor table at Grims Quarry's Community Garden.
Why not try adding two vendor tables to your Community Garden lot? 
There's only one in the Costa's Community Garden lot so the vendors changed twice on Saturday.
The second vendor sold a variety of seed packets and a Fang Flower.
Winona's starting Week 12 now. She can return to Sixam in Week 13 (spring) for the Fang Flower, then Week 16 (summer) for the Quill Fruit.
Good luck to Dawn!  (Btw, I noticed that my sims could place a Rocket Ship Kit in a park for the first time. I wonder if they can also build it?)

Haha, not sure when the big wedding will take place. 
Winona needs two more Magic Beans and a Forbidden Fruit first, remember?
Braylon & Chico moving out reduces the chances of finding Magic Beans in Patchy's pockets, though those two never found any new ones.

P.S. I love how differently our Gen2 kids turned out! <3

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2024, 01:57:16 AM »
Thanks for the advice about putting a vendor table or 2 in the community garden. I'll try that.
As I'm just finishing up week 12 in a 16 week year, we're heading into a 4-week Winter so no harvestable fang flower until after then.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2024, 02:35:44 AM »
Thanks for the advice about putting a vendor table or 2 in the community garden. I'll try that.
As I'm just finishing up week 12 in a 16 week year, we're heading into a 4-week Winter so no harvestable fang flower until after then.

Some townie planted that Tentacle Tree (for Fang Flowers) in a sheltered planter in my Sprucewood Maker Space.
Sprucewood and Grims Quarry each have both sheltered and unsheltered planters.
We hope Dawn gets lucky with a vendor table. Othewise, visit Finchwich daily. :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2024, 06:58:56 AM »

@Metropolis Man
I believe the first time I noticed what an entertaining writer you are was when I read your Guide page with your Jimi Hendrix sim, I believe.
And not to mention your ideas for tournament challenge titles, that sparkle with wit!

Do you even plan to write another sims story?  Maybe do one where your creativity and humor wouldn't be shackled by gazillion requirements?

A long, elaborate story like The Man Dynasty? Unlikely. But, you never know. Every time I see a stupid gutter protection commercial for the 100th time, or Phil Swift riding around in a boat made of Flex Seal, I think...I have got to do a Sims parody of this crap. Lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2024, 08:06:10 PM »

@Metropolis Man

A long, elaborate story like The Man Dynasty? Unlikely. But, you never know. Every time I see a stupid gutter protection commercial for the 100th time, or Phil Swift riding around in a boat made of Flex Seal, I think...I have got to do a Sims parody of this crap. Lol.

@Metropolis Man
First of all, I meant to type "Do you ever plan" not "Do you even plan"!
Secondly, a story thread with multiple short stories would be fun to read. And since it's not mutli-gen game-lay or a challenge, you could add to it whenever the whim or inspiration strikes you.
I'm here for that!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.4: Patchy's So Stingy! (23 May 24)
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2024, 02:56:48 AM »
2.4: Patchy's So Stingy!

Sunday, Week 12, Year 1 (late winter)
Winona: Last week, my Adventurous brother Chico moved in to find his true love.
At a Tarosa restaurant, everyone gaes up: Wangari, Braylon, Chico, and me.
Edgar's two days older so we're all young adults now.
Braylon marries my sister Wangari and moves in with her.
Chico marries Tammy Rasoya and they move with their twins to Mt. Komorebi.
I make great progress on my collections but can't marry Edgar yet.

I wonder why my crops look all washed out. Because it's winter?
Why isn't my Pumpkin orange? Why isn't my Aubergine purple?
Looks like I only need to grow a Giant Lettuce and Mushroom next!

Tonight's the full moon so we've traveled to  New Moon Shack in Moonwood Mills.
Werewolf Lou Howell wed Candi Behr and they live here with their three children.
We're not actually here to socialize, but we'll introduce ourselves to them afterwards.

Edgar: I'm glad we didn't have to become werewolves to travel to Howling Point Peak.
Winona: "We"? If I'd had to become a werewolf to get this Moonpetal Flower, you would have, too?
Edgar: Of course! Where you go, I follow. And vice versa, I hope!
Winona: Let me pick these so we can get back to the warm climate of Tartosa. Brrrr!

Monday
Edgar: Early this morning, I find my twentieth (and last) Message in a Bottle.
The last one took two more runs and I was starting to wonder if Watcher had jinxed me.
You know, by saying that the Bottled Messages collection was the easiest of the amm.
But I'm done with that and only need four more levels to max my career.

Edgar: I hadn't realized you and Braylon had been crafting baby stuff.
Winona: Yeah, we already have toddler potties and toddler beds, too!

Edgar: We've doubled the size of our house for now.
The campsite's on the left, so we added two rooms on the right.
We'll have more space to look after our infants.
Also, I'm inviting my parents for a stayover, starting tomorrow. We'll give them our bedroom.

Winona: After returning from the hospital tonight, we couldn't find the newborns anywhere.
Edgar: We're both outdoor loves , so our newborns might have chosen…
Winona: You're right! How funny that we expanded the house but they prefer the campsite!

Tuesday
Winona: I've been working on my Appliance Wiz a little a time ever since we got a kitchen.
This morning, I ask Edgar on a date while our newborns are napping and aim for a silver-medal date.
Sorry, I missed the splash announcement but here I am starting to cook my second waffle.
It wasn't easy juggling twins, date goals, and waiting for waffles to cook!

Mariko: Thank you for asking us to stay over! Your father Renato used to invite us to all his parties.
And my husband Cloud's met you, Winona, but not me. It's great to finally meet you.
Cloud: So, you only have two kids? What the heck? Don't you know that three's the lucky number?
Edgar: Please don't pressure Winona, Dad. We're waiting until the twins are infants to decide, okay?
Anyway, thanks for coming to help out!

Winona: I’m happy to see both our twins with my pointy years.
Edgar and I have chosen to name our children after herbs, so our firstborn's name is Thyme.
Edgar: Thyme's a Wiggly infant with my brown hair and Winona's violet eyes.
Winona: And Marjoram (Marj for short) is  Sunny with my white-blond hair and Edgar's gray eyes.

Wednesday
Edgar: I appreciate your wanting to be near me, sweetheart.
But you can't put Marj on the ground then stare at her for an hour.
That's not the way to win the Mother of the Year….hey, are you okay?
Winona: I was stuck temporarily. Edgar! And why are you crafting a third toddler bed?

Edgar: I was honestly a bit worried about inviting my parents on a stayover.
Winona: Really? Why? Both your parents have been great with the twins.
Edgar: They're unwatched sims. I feared they'd constantly start fires while trying to cook.
Winona: Well, it helps that I keep our Baker's Cousin Display Case stocked!
Incidentally, I was surprised to learn your father's in the Business career.
Edgar (shrugs): That's the career he got from CAS Stories.

Edgar: C'mon, Patchy! Be a bro!
One Magic Bean a week isn't too much to ask yo!

Thursday
Winona: The twins have each earned 10 milestones so we can age them up early, but first…
Edgar: But first what?
Winona: Shall we have a science baby together before aging up the twins?
Edgar: What are we waiting for?

Winona: We bring home a little boy and Edgar names him Sage.
Next, we bring out the birthday cakes I'd baked in advance.
Thyme becomes an Inquisitive toddler while Marjoram becomes Clingy.

Edgar: By evening, Winona and I are both good friends with Sage so we age him up.
The sooner Sage can catch up to Thyme and Marj the better.
Here, I'm introducing Sage to his Grandma Mariko. Yes, she's a Pizza Deliverer.

Winona: Tonight, I check Patchy's pockets and find a Playful Magic Bean! Only one more to go!
Edgar: I don't appreciate Patchy  wearing those skin-tight overalls and making us search his pockets.
Winona: Thanks for bringing that up, Edgar. I also think it's very cringe of Patchy.
Edgar: I know, right? At least, he could wear baggy overalls. *sighs

Friday
Edgar: What are the three of us doing at the park so early in the morning?
Winona: Earning a milestone for Sage, of course!
Edgar: Isn't that cheesing the 10-milestone requirement for early age-up?
Winona: Oh please. I can spend 3 hours of Tummy Time for the Lifted Head milestone.
Or spend 5 minutes traveling for his 1st Trip to a Park milestone. It's his 8th milestone!

Winona: So, why the sudden urge to workout?
Edgar: Well, the new year starts next week which means swimsuit season in Tartosa.
Winona: And that matters to you because…?
Edgar: Because Watcher will probably make do stuff  in my swimwear so I have to prepared, OK?
Anyway, it's time we got started  on the Bodybuilder aspiration!

Winona: Back home, I am feeding Sage when he coos at me for the first time.
I go to the garden to fertilize plants and return to find Mama Mariko doing Tummy Time with Thyme!
When Thyme learns the Lift Head milestone, I age him up to toddler right away. Isn't he adorable?

Edgar: What a coincidence that my mother taught Thyme the milestone you mentioned earlier.
Winona: Mama Mariko is amazing, Edgar! Sage's so cute!
Edgar: Thyme and Sage could be identical twins except for their hair color.
Winona: I'd like a male heir, so let's choose Thyme! With his brown hair, he resembles you the most!

Winona: I notice Thyme sparking and wonder what kind of hocus-pocus is going on!
Oh, Thyme maxed his Thinking skill while doing blocks with his Grandma Mariko.

Saturday
Edgar: Today, on this last day of Year 1, we learn that Patchy has a doppelganger.
Who cares? As long as the one in our garden gives us the last Magic Bean.
Also today, I earn a promotion to Floral Organizer (L8).

Edgar: By the afternoon, Thyme and Marj have maxed all their toddler skills.
My parents' stayover ended around the same time.
Sage doesn't seem to be skilling as quickly as the twins because Watcher is distracted.
She's remodeling the house for the second time this week.
It now has 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms plus a skilling room.

Winona: Our house's façade will no doubt change this week.
Watcher added that "tower" based on a photo but she doesn't like it.
We love the outdoor living, kitchen and dining areas--they're perfect for Tartosa's warm weather.

Sadly, Patchy didn't give me my last Magic Bean today.
I cover the entire garden, rearrange the spring and out-of-season plants and wait for spring to start.

Gallery Downloads
*New Moon Shack (30x20): "New Moon Shack" by prettysparkle. 3bd/2bth, §49,839.
*2-4-2 Wakabamori (30x20, rental): "2-4-2 Wakabamori" by BlueShreve.
  3 bdrm/2 bthrm, §77,723.

The Gen2 Household
Residence: Celebrazioni d'Amore, Porto Luminoso (Tartosa)
Lot challenge: Simple Living

Winona Costa (Gen2 heir) - YA
Traits:  Loves the Outdoors, Maker, Foodie (+Perfectionist, Family Oriented)
Fiance: Edgar Rainstorm; Children: Thyme & Marjoram; Sage

Edgar Rainstorm (Gen2 fiance) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Neat, Creative (+Perfectionist)
Career: Floral Designer 8, Bottled Messages 20/20

Thyme Costa (Gen3 heir) - Toddler (5 days to child)
Traits: Wiggly/Inquisitive (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Little Singer
Infant quirks: Gassy, Loves Being Held, Early Riser
Infant milestones (10): Fine Motor/2, Gross Motor/0, Social/2, Firsts/6

Marjoram "Marj" Costa (Gen3 spare) - Toddler (5 days to Child)
Traits: Sunny/Clingy (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Aggressive
Infant quirks: Hates Wakeup Time, Happy Spitter, Picky Eater
Infant milestones (10): Fine Motor/2, Gross Motor/0, Social/3, Firsts/5

Sage Costa (Gen3 spare) - Toddler (6 days to Child)
Traits: Calm/Angelic (Top-Notch Infant)
Toddler quirks: Loves Wakeup Time, Messy Eater
Infant quirks:: Feeding Tinkler, Frequently Hiccups, Frequently Sneezes
Infant milestones (10): Fine Motor/2, Gross Motor/1, Social/2, Firsts/5

Progress: End of Week 12
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Winona's harvestables & Simple Living: I'm going to cut Winona and Edgar some slack.
  After collecting a plant or cooking a canned good, they may purchase them.
  If they wish, therefore, they may buy small Lettuce or, if they can it once, Strawberry Jam.

*The next heir: All three toddlers are lovely and they do equally well leveling up their skills.
  Initially, I was tempted to choose Sage as the next heir, but I don't want to get locked into white-blond heirs with violet eyes.
  Also, a male brunette heir will look more like handsome Edgar, even with pointy ears and violet eyes. So, Thyme it is!

*1 new harvestable in week 12:
  *Harvested in wild: Moonpetal Flower

Online Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.12: Patchy's So Stingy! (23 May 24)
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2024, 04:06:27 AM »
Patchy's skin-tight overalls - lol!

Congrats on the birth of Gen 3. How lovely that they all have different hair/eye combinations. Marj's combination of ice-blond/grey is particularly striking but the boys are very attractive too.

I can't believe how close you are to completing Gen 2 requirements! Great work, Watcher!

anything