Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.7: Hot In, So Hot in Here. Oh! (28 Sep '24)  (Read 34399 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.3: You Better Shop Around (4 May 24)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2024, 12:55:08 PM »
1.3: You Better Shop Around

Sunday, Week 3 (late spring)
Renato: When 8 am rolls around, I'm chatting with Patchy to boost my Gardening but get no new seeds, darn it.
Last week, I completed my Painter Extraordinaire aspiration then made a killing selling off my Small Paintings.
After much thought, I ended things with Morgan Fyres Thursday, also uninviting her to Prom.
Then, Friday, I met Phoebe Ramos at the Spice Festival. I'm convinced she's The One for me!
Saturday, I spent my hard-earned cash to buy some eco appliances for my home and added Patchy to the garden.
After buying solar panels, wind turbines, and a dew collector, I went back Off the Grid.

I'm checking the dumpsters in Port Promise when Phoebe shows up at the second dumpster.
She comes over a lot.
Wouldn't you know it? I find my fourth sink but still no kitchen counter! Arrrgggh.
I have a friend who's in dire need of a sink. If I send her one of mine, I would!

I get a notice that Knox Greenburg stopped by so I rush home but he's already gone.
He leaves a message urging me to vote green.
I've already voted in The Green Initiative on Day 1.
So I go drop a few vote each for the Eco Friendly Appliances and Clean Energy Production NAPs.

Today's biggest news is that I'm a shopkeeper!
I buy a shop at Conifer Station's Canal Corner lot for §8,546 (lot: §750, shop: §7,796).
I add my crafted toilet and found sink to the bathroom.
Haha, it's better-looking than my house!

Running the shop alone completely overwhelms here.
How can I answer questions for seven customers by myself?
Dominic Fyres got tired of waiting for me to ring him up and left the store in a huff.
Ultimately, I only sold five items for §5,452 after staying open for hours!

Monday
There's not much time left in the day after I attend school then do both homework and extra credit.
That's why I'd mostly skipped doing Extra Credit the first two weeks.
Lately, Watcher's been thinking of a new requirement for me in case I don't Graduate with Honors. *sighs

Today, I visit my shop and hire an employee to deal with customers' question but don't open the shop.
I spend all evening dumpster diving, getting a 5th sink and a 2nd fridge, but no darn counter. *sobs

This week, my two lowest course-related skills are Programming and Writing.
So I'm actively attending school today to use the library's computer to practice programming and writing.
But then, I realize I can't use the library computers because I haven't found a computer in a dumpster yet. Shoot!

Tuesday
With Patchy's help, I max Gardening this morning then leave for GeekCon with Phoebe.
That's right, I'm taking a day off from school to complete my 5 space missions for Nerd Brain.
The space missions take all my time and I don't even get to enjoy GeekCon otherwise.

I spend the rest of the day at a fishing spot in Koh Sahpa, Tomarang.
Watcher tells me Crystal Seeds can be fished up there but I wasn't so lucky.
I'll need to come back and try again!

Wednesday
I'm in the school library doing homework when Phoebe phones me.
We spend lots of time together but don't have a romantic relationship.
I really like Phoebe but I have too much going on to properly romance her.
So I'm flattered and relieved that she's taking the initiative. Yes, let's go on a date!

After some dumpster diving, I invite Phoebe out to Rattlesnake Juice Bar in Oasis Springs.
Now that I'm sure Phoebe's interested in me, I'm going all out!
I order Hot and Smoky cocktails for both of us then get my flirt on.

By the end of our (gold-medal) date, we've had our First Kiss and have crushes on each other.
This is  the way it should be! Well, I mean, without all the weird ghosts….
It's late, but I need to go home to do homework and extra credit. *sighs

Thursday
I already have a fridge that's "functional Off the Grid (OtG)."
And yesterday evening, I found a "functional OtG" toilet, too.
I'm prioritizing these two appliances for upgrades.
To complete Nerd Brain, though, I'll need to craft more upgrade parts!

After school, I'm doing my five upgrades for Nerd Brain when Knox Greenburg comes over.
He says he wants to help clean up my trash, so I unlock the door and invite him in.
(He's not talking about the trash pile out back that's turning into a Trash Plant, is he?)
Instead of mopping my bathroom, he runs out back to chat with Phoebe. Seriously, dude?
Thanks for nothing, Knox! Oh, and I completed my Nerd Brain aspiration!

Friday
Renato: I was so worried, Watcher, but I'm apparently on the way to becoming Valedictorian!
Watcher: I was really worried, too, Renato. I've never made Honors or Valedictorian a requirement before.
Renato: Well, I'm not doing any more homework or extra credit, but I can't relax yet.
I'm still missing that stupid kitchen counter. *sighs

Renato: I spend the rest of the afternoon in the dumpsters.
At Sprucewood Maker Space, I run into Mortimer Goth and enthuse with him about Fabrication.
And, of all things, I get a crush on the married, adult Mortimer because OF COURSE I do.  *rolls eyes

By evening, I've given up ever finding a kitchen counter and switch to crafting for my home.
Thanks to Catarina Kalani's mentoring, I max Fabrication tonight.
I'm not that surprised to learn she's married to Mitchell Kalani, since they're both in the Culinary career.
My fabricated dining table looks nicer than my woodworked one, but has lower sales value and environmental score.
(The comfort scores of fabricated items are atrocious, too!)

Saturday
Failing to find a counter, I'm back at Sprucewood Maker Space to craft one  or two.
Look at those guys thronging around Phoebe at the woodworking table!
Is she being mentored? I always had to ask sims to mentor me.
You can see why I'm getting impatient to put a ring on it!

Hey, my home meets all the requirements for marriage!
Yes, it's super cramped but that's because it's a micro house until my garden's bigger.
Tomorrow, I also want to replace that shower with a "functional OtG" shower.
I'm using one desk chair as one of two dining chairs, but I'll replace it soon.
What matters is that I can now ask Phoebe to marry me and move in!

For some reason, I could only mix the birthday cake after moving a counter outside.
(Should Phoebe and I sleep in single beds until the garden's bigger so our kitchen can be bigger?)
Oh well, it's a chance to show you the front view of the house.
It uses the same exterior colors as my shop, because why not? It's only temporary.

I propose to Phoebe in my mini-kitchen, where we also elope immediately.
Next week, I'll definitely take Phoebe somewhere romantic to renew our vows.

My birthday's actually tomorrow so I'm aging up one day early.
Phoebe (Green Fiend, Perfectionist) gets Good, and I (Freegan, Maker) now Love the Outdoors.
Best of all, I graduate with freakin' honors!  (But why wasn't I Valedicatorian?)

I join the Civil Designer career then, since Prom's already started, we head over to the shop.
Now, I have Phoebe and our new employee (Caleb) helping to answer customers' questions.
But we're still overwhelmed by eight customers at a time and only manage two sales.
I'm going to have to sell my cheaper stuff at deep discount to earn retail perks that matter.
Then, we can start selling the more pricey crafted furnishings.
I mean, §1,800 after three sims working for six hours? I did better than that with a vendor table or Street Gallery!

Gallery Downloads
*Rattlesnake Juice Bar (30x20): "Rattlesnake Juice" by PeachesPlace.

Progress: End of Week 1
Residence:: The Shipping Views,  Port Promise (Evergreen Harbor)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Lot traits: Renato has gone Off-the-Grid again. He may remove both Lot Challenges upon completing all his requirements.

*Aspirations: Stupid Watcher didn't realize Renato couldn't complete this without reaching L3 in three careers.
  It has been replaced with Freelance Botanist, which Renato had already been doing.

*Graduating with honors vs valedictorian: Renato got a message Friday afternoon about valedictorian.
  But instead he graduated with honors which is fine since that was his requirement.
  I wonder, though, if he'd been valedictorian if he'd done his homework/extra credit one last time before aging up.

*Kitchen counter: Yep, Renato failed to find one after three weeks of constant dumpster diving in Port Promise and Conifer Station.
  He was really jonesing for some homecooked meals!
  So he crafted two counters using the More Woodworks mod.  Seriously, he was dumpster diving every spare moment!

*Retail shop: Renato will be referring to Nutella's strategy on running a retail shop.
  I wonder if retail businesses have been tweaked. I don't recall being so swamped with customers in the past.
  Renato will be rethinking this whole retail element. Maybe he'll only use the Smog Vacuum on furnishings for the house and recycle the rest.
  It's easier to make money using the vendor table. Hmmm....

*Source challenge: This generation's requirements are based on From Dumpster to Deluxe by Candacis.
Rule modifications
*Started with a teen, not a young adult, founder;
*Allowed integration of the More Woodworks mod.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2024, 01:44:34 PM »
I'm not surprised everyone's flocking around Phoebe. She's lovely. And I like her cottagey outfits. That pic of Renato crushing on Mortimer looks like he's trying to grab his family jewels! Hilarious.

Patchy's a good shout for getting more seeds but I've never tried him before. He seems strangely unpredictable.

Your shop is really classy-looking. Maybe that's why you're getting so many customers! Lol. I like the mixed tone sidings and the candle chandeliers look great.

Renato is finding the fridges that Dawn needs. She's getting desperate! Even with a crafted countertop and fruit in her personal inventory, she can't make fruit salad. It's sooooo frustrating. I'm disappointed on your behalf about the counters. Now you've crafted one, they're bound to turn up, like Dawn's bed.  ::) I am also disappointed by the comfort and value of fabricated items. I definitely want to use them in my house but I'm really hoping to find better ones in the Dumpsters.

One of my Wallace family fished up two crystal seeds in the lake below StrangerVille Overlook, btw. I thought I might try there to see if it's repeatable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2024, 02:34:45 PM »
Noooo! The words "Renato" and "Mortimer's family jewels" should not be even whispered in the same sentence!  rofl!

Patchy is super handy for leveling Gardening (Ask for Gardening tips) and getting rare seeds, esp. Magic Beans (Check Patchy's pockets).
I dislike Patchy wandering around chatting with the household members and making them drop queues, though, so I always lock him inside the garden, haha.

I was thinking the reason I had so many customers is because I have a lot of items for sale.
It's definitely easier with the vendor table. And I miss Plopsy to pieces!

Yes, about fabrication. My first Evergreen Harbor couple vowed to craft all their own furniture, but they were not happy with their home!
The beds, sofa, and all the chairs do not offer sufficient Energy or Comfort6.
What I appreciate about the More Woodworks mod is that, while all the furniture isn't top-level, they allow our sims to live comfortably and the items sell better than fabricated ones.
Dawn and Renato are going to make heavy use of More Woodworks!  But it's a great mod for any generation starting out, really. 

I wish the retail shop wasn't so time-consuming! Arrggh!  Otherwise, I'm still having a blast! :D
Renato is very happy that Dawn is doing this challenge too.  I mean, misery loves company, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2024, 03:03:26 PM »
That pic of Renato crushing on Mortimer looks like he's trying to grab his family jewels! Hilarious.

Noooo! The words "Renato" and "Mortimer's family jewels" should not be even whispered in the same sentence!  rofl!

That picture of Renato is really weird. It's almost like he is a quarterback waiting for the football to snap. 34 - 28 - 6 - Mortimer!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »
That pic of Renato crushing on Mortimer looks like he's trying to grab his family jewels! Hilarious.

That picture of Renato is really weird. It's almost like he is a quarterback waiting for the football to snap. 34 - 28 - 6 - Mortimer!

LOL, you and Granny Lawlor are fixated on Renato with Mortimer! 
When I shared that shot, that thought hadn't even occurred to me. I'd only noticed that Renato was acting a little cringey.
The moment I noticed that "crush" notification, I clicked the C key to take a screenshot and that was what was going on.
I'm usually the one whose mind is in the gutter, but NOT this time, friends. Hahaha

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2024, 11:48:45 PM »
So, let me just first say, I'm not going to talk about Mortimer!
So . . . I agree that Renato has a winner in Pheobe! So glad they met. Congrats to them on their marriage - may it be long and happy.
Your shop is really nice - I haven't run one for quite some time, but I also don't remember having so many customers at once.
I'm glad you softened on the counter issue and let Renato craft them - it's a difficult item to be without.
This is a tough start, but you're doing great with it! Well done!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2024, 09:48:44 AM »
Replacing's the Gen1 Rules with Renato's Tasks[/b]

Thus far, Renato's requirements have consisted mainly of rules regarding what and what not he can use, craft, and buy.
From this point on, I'm separating Renato's rules from his tasks which are now as follows:
*Start out as a teen with zero funds on an empty lot in Evergreen Harbor
*Lot challenges: Reduce & Recycle (until requirements completed),
*Aspirations: Freelance Botanist, Nerd Brain, Painter Extraordinaire
*Skills: Fabrication, Gardening, Handiness, Painting
*Become a Llamacorn Scou; High school: Graduate with Honors
*Career: Civil Designer/Green Technician
*Marriage requires: 1 bedroom (double bed, light), 1 bathroom (sink, toilet, bath or shower, light),
  and 1 dining/kitchen (fridge, sink, counter, stove, table, chair, light).   
*Marry a Green Fiend who must complete the Master Maker aspiration
*Name your children after celebrated environmental activists
*Receive the Smog Vacuum blueprint and craft one
*Final home:  🪚Bedroom, 1/2 Bathrooms, Kitchen, Dining, Living Room, Study, Pool, 🪚Garden.
  (Wall/floor coverings in every indoor room 2/7)

If you ever need a refresher on the rules, please refer to Renato's generation in the Challenge Overview post.
Cheers!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2024, 10:17:09 AM »
So, let me just first say, I'm not going to talk about Mortimer!
So . . . I agree that Renato has a winner in Pheobe! So glad they met. Congrats to them on their marriage - may it be long and happy.
Your shop is really nice - I haven't run one for quite some time, but I also don't remember having so many customers at once.
I'm glad you softened on the counter issue and let Renato craft them - it's a difficult item to be without.
This is a tough start, but you're doing great with it! Well done!

Phoebe thanks you for the compliments.
Like you, I haven't run a retail shop for several years. Not since my failed Build-A-City Challenge in 2020. The shop drew nowhere near this many customers without activating a retail perk.
Yes, Renato caved and crafted a counter using the More Woodworks but that will be the only exception besides furnishings that can't be obtained via other rule-compliant means.
He had a fridge but wasn't happy about all the quick meals.
This challenge is difficult, but Renato's life will gradually get easier (I hope) as he figures out the best ways to live his life.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.4: I'm a Family Man (6 May 24)
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2024, 03:04:32 AM »
1.4: I'm a Family Man

Sunday, Week 4 (early summer)
Xavier: Last week--my final week as a teenager--was quite eventful!
Besides constantly dumpster diving, I built a small shop named Renato's Retail in Conifer Station.
Friday, I rebuilt my house in preparation for plopping in the missing kitchen counter.
But Saturday, I skirted the rule about only crafting modded items that I'd already found; I crafted a counters.
In my marriage-ready house, I proposed to and eloped with my sweetheart.
And when we aged up to young adults, I graduated with honors!

This morning, Phoebe learns she's eating for two. We're both over the moon about becoming parents!
We'll have quite a few items to craft or buy, including cribs, a changing station, and playmats.
Also, we'll need a bathtub so I'll bring back the crafted one that's for sale in my shop.

Phoebe: Celebrities shouldn't be allowed to run yard sales!
How long have I been waiting to buy these crystals!?
And what's Brittany Cho doing? She's taking a selfie with Mr. Family Jewels at his request.
Renato hasn't found a computer so we can't order crystals, but I'd like to finish The Curator.

Renato: I'm reminded that a festival's a lousy place to run a yard sales.
I do manage to sell 2 paintings in 3 hours.
That's 1 item more than 3 sims sold in my shop in 6 hours last Saturday. *rolls eyes
The Street Gallery at Waterfront Marketplace is the best place to sell paintings, for sure.

Monday
This morning I craft a Waterfall Shower and two Clean Machine sinks.
Because they're "functional OtG," they'll be replacing the shower and sinks I'd found dumpster diving.
I’m leaving for work soon.  Phoebe says she'll be crafting baby stuff while I'm gone.

Phoebe: Is that Agnes Crumplebottom stalking me?
Whenever Renato and I go to the Maker Space, I see Agnes there gardening and socializing.
And now she's bicycling around our neighborhood, too?
By the way, an eco inspector stopped by today and gave us a thumbs up. Lower bill are always a good thing!

Renato: I bring home my L4 promotion and opt to branch to Green Technician.
Technically, I can choose to work from home, but I'm eager to rise through the ranks and be done.
Feeling like a corporate sellout isn't great. I just want that Smog Vacuum blueprint!

Tuesday
Renato: So this is what you were up to yesterday! The garden looks great!
Phoebe: Yeah, I was torn between crafting baby stuff, fishing for fertilizer, or crafting garden planters.
Renato: You made the right choice in organizing our garden!
Phoebe: I thought so, too. I still have today to craft baby cribs and stuff.

Renato: Yesterday and today, I've drafted and submitted five perfect-quality Eco Invention Concept blueprints total.
I wonder when I'll hear back about them?
Admittedly, I don't actually understand how the process works.
Only that I keep submitting the concept blueprints and eventually receive the Smog Vacuum blueprint.

Wednesday
Renato: We weren't finished filling our garden with plants yet, but Phoebe gives birth this morning.
So it's time to enlarge our Micro Home into a 64-tile Tiny Home.
Again, the house ain't much but we'll only be living here until the toddlers finish maxing their skills.
Also, it's not like we have a surplus of funds to "pretty up" our home, either.
Oh never mind! I have to rearrange everything to make room for playmats and such!

By early evening, Phoebe and I are good friends with both our twins.
(We should've let them age up naturally overnight to give ourselves a day to catch our breath!)
Sadly, we lost my violet eyes in a single generation, but who doesn't love a green-eyed redhead?
Both infants are spellcasters with my pointy ears but with Phoebe's green eyes.

We've named our twins after world-famous environmental activists.
Wangari Maathai (1941-2010) of Kenya was the first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004.
Wangari (wan-GAH-ree) advocated for tree planting, conservation, and women's rights.
Chico Mendes (1944-1988) was a Brazilian social activist and environmentalist.
Fighting to save the Amazon rainforests and protect indigenous tribes, he was assassinated by a rancher.

Thursday
Phoebe: There's Patchy tending the garden so we don't have to!
Our garden's going to be great source of income soon!
We've got four excellent Dragonfruit plants and one perfect Orchid plant!
I'll be selling these two plant varieties from a vendor table.
Renato: And by the way, Phoebe and I both completed Freelance Botanist this morning!

Phoebe: I've started the Master Maker aspiration today.
I work on it whenever the babies are sleeping.
With Renato mentoring me, I've already reached L5 Fabrication!

Renato: Despite their perfect quality, my first ten concept submissions have been completely ignored!
So today, I try presenting my concepts to other sims then modifying them based on their feedback.
The message says my modified concept has improved, but it'd been Perfect already!
Hey, I wonder when the blueprints I present turned green instead of blue!?

This time, I'm told "the quality remains the same," but it actually dropped from Perfect to Outstanding.
All my concepts initially come out Perfect quality. Sometimes I present them and get no feedback at all.
How soon after submitting an Eco Invention Concept should I expect to hear back?
Watcher: The turnaround is 24 hours.

Friday
Phoebe: When I agreed to do the Master Maker aspiration, I never imagined insect farms would be involved!
I'll just nurture each insect farm four times for now. Not sure how they actually work.
This morning, Renato looked so disappointed when he presented his concept to me but I couldn't offer any feedback.
He says that happens with half of his concept presentations. In that case, he submits that concept unmodified.

Renato: I've been working on the Eco Innovator aspiration behind the scenes ever since arriving in Port Promise.
So Watcher decides to make it one of my official aspirations.
After getting my level 6 promotion, I vote on two NAPs and convince this sim to support one of them.
It's been a long week! When I'm not working, I'm busy with dumpster diving, baby care, crafting, or cleaning.

After submitting several more concepts, Phoebe and I head for the Spice Festival.
Finally, I harvest some Basil to graft to my Sage plant!
To my surprise, Phoebe becomes a Spice Champion while I fail the contest!
Oh well, we both agree that it's nice to get away from the kids--I mean, house--tonight.

Saturday
It's such a lovely morning and Port Promise is becoming a healthier place to live.
Just look at all its greenery!
Port Promise has a Neutral eco-footprint but it's gradually going greener.
At least, we hope it is!

I've submitted so many Eco Invention Concepts, both modified and unmodified!
Yet Innovative Solutions Corp. and Lean Green Corp. have never responded.
But today, I notice that the blueprint I'm presenting has a diagram of a Smog Vacuum on it.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
I must have presented a concept to 7-8 sims today but nobody's offered feedback.

Phoebe: After collecting insect stuff three times, I reach Master Maker's fourth milestone.
Although I'm not supposed to join a career, I've temporarily joined the SIMply Crafted Agency.
As soon as I complete 5 gigs for my Master Maker aspiration, I'll quit.
I choose my first gig then hit a snag:
Renato hasn't found a computer yet so I can't "Chat with Client."

Sunday, Week 5
Renato: I spend day and night in the dumpsters in both Port Promise and Conifer Station.
Early this morning, I find my first computer.
But is it functional?

Renato: Oh yeah! That computer only needed to be repaired! Here you go, sweetheart!
Phoebe: Yay! You deserve a big smooth for finding me a computer so quickly!
Renato: It was pure luck, Phoebe, but I'll take a rain check on that big smooch!

Progress: End of Week 4
Residence:: The Shipping Views,  Port Promise (Evergreen Harbor)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Source challenge: This generation's requirements are based on From Dumpster to Deluxe by Candacis.
However, Renato faces six additional tasks regarding skills & aspirations, high school and scouts, spouse selection and asppiration, and children's names.

*Eco Invention Concepts: Renato submitted around 15 Concepts with no response at all.
  (I"d mistakenly assumed that Renato would get a notification in response to every Concept he submitted.)
  Worried that my game might be glitched, I play-tested this from Friday-Sunday in a separate file.
  In both my playtest save and my "official save,"Renato was presenting green Smog Vacuum concepts on Saturday.
  If things go similarly to my playtest, Renato should receive the Smog Vacuum blueprint on Sunday (24 hrs later).

*Early age-ups: I regreet having Renato & Phoebe spend time and effort to age up their newborns early.
  They'd have been better off letting the newborns age up naturally.
   My early age-up requirement for infants is 10 milestones in any category.
   Both twins meet that requirement, but their parents are too busy to teach toddlers at the moment. 
  Their birthday's on Monday, and Phoebe will do as many of her four Freelance gigs as possible before then.

*Shop? What shop?: This week Renato was completely sidetracked by family life, his new job, and the Eco Invention Concepts.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2024, 07:58:08 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of Gen 2. They look lovely. I love green eyes with any hair colour. Violet eyes are not as common - maybe Renato and Phoebe need to try again...
And what great names - a true tribute.

I love the picture of Phoebe flirting with Renato at the Spice Festival. Or is she bragging? Oh Renato - you need to get hotter!
Mortimer Goth will now and forever be Mr Family Jewels! roflol I hope Renato has kept his distance.

Regarding the bug boxes, I usually do very little nurturing. Feeding them WC compost as often as it's available keeps them happy. The original need to nurture them constantly when the Eco pack came out was amended. Still, if Phoebe's got through that task, you don't really need them any more.

I do love the greening of Port Promise. Whilst it will always be a brown site (is that just a UK definition of previous industrial sites or is it universal?), it's beginning to look lovely.

Congrats on finding that computer - that must have been a challenge. Dawn's had one from week 1 but very little power to run it. It did mean she could use the library one though. I am also enjoying you walking us through the Civil Engineer career (taking notes!).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2024, 10:26:11 AM »
Congratulations on the birth of Gen 2. They look lovely. I love green eyes with any hair colour. Violet eyes are not as common - maybe Renato and Phoebe need to try again...
And what great names - a true tribute.

I love the picture of Phoebe flirting with Renato at the Spice Festival. Or is she bragging? Oh Renato - you need to get hotter!
Mortimer Goth will now and forever be Mr Family Jewels! roflol I hope Renato has kept his distance.

Regarding the bug boxes, I usually do very little nurturing. Feeding them WC compost as often as it's available keeps them happy. The original need to nurture them constantly when the Eco pack came out was amended. Still, if Phoebe's got through that task, you don't really need them any more.

I do love the greening of Port Promise. Whilst it will always be a brown site (is that just a UK definition of previous industrial sites or is it universal?), it's beginning to look lovely.

Congrats on finding that computer - that must have been a challenge. Dawn's had one from week 1 but very little power to run it. It did mean she could use the library one though. I am also enjoying you walking us through the Civil Engineer career (taking notes!).

Haha, when you suggested having another child, I immediately edited my update to make the twins both "Gen2 child."
The final house must have 3 bedrooms, so they can raise the twins and one more girl, right?
Hmmm....this is how my founders/heirs get lured into having too man babies.

Renato has Charisma 10, so he's able to Negotiate for Bonus every 24 hours, which he does unless he sees he'll get promoted next shift without Negotiationg.

As for that Smog Vacuum blueprint, he was unable to submited a modified concept on Saturday.
In my playtest file (which started the same Saturday morning), Renato was able to submit a modified concept around then stopped submitting any more cocnepts.
24 hours later on Sunday, he received the Smog Vacuum blueprint. 
Renato will just have to keep trying until he has the Modify concept option.  Incidentally, he can't present concepts to the same sim more than once.
Once he gets a Smog Vacuum, he'd also like to try for the Hydroponic Planter blueprint.

Thank you for sharing the update on insect farms. She did nurture them 4 times each then got busy with other stuff.
She collected what she needed the next day then moved the insect farms to household inventory.
They'll no doubt re recycled in the future.

Yes, Mortimer Goth has you to thank for his new nickname. LOL!
It's so bizarre that he can mentor Fabrication while his wife Bella is the Recycle Guru.  Whatever!

Finding a computer within 24 hours of Phoebe needing one for her freelance gigs was definitely lucky!
We have yet to find a functional counter, though, hahaha.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2024, 10:49:13 AM »
After recommending just feeding with WC compost, I went into my game and didn't have the composting upgrade option on the WC! Hm...

Dawn is also clearly wearing a Crystal bangle but her inventory doesn't know about it. My game is very buggy and not just with grubs, beetles and crickets!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2024, 11:05:02 AM »
After recommending just feeding with WC compost, I went into my game and didn't have the composting upgrade option on the WC! Hm...

Dawn is also clearly wearing a Crystal bangle but her inventory doesn't know about it. My game is very buggy and not just with grubs, beetles and crickets!

I haven't checked all Renato's toilets, but we've definitely seen the composting option lately. We always avoid it.
Are you saying that Dawn's crystal bangle isn't offering its expected benefit?

The reason I ended up playtesting the Eco Invention Concepts in a copy of Renato's file was because:
(1) I'd never done them before and thought my game was glitched due to my (mistaken) assumption that each submission not getting a response; and
(2) Renato has already submitted over 20 concepts, granted the first 10 were never presented to other sims, so I playtested that feature after removing the More Woodworks mod.
     Lol, it was sad to see the house without the baby cribs, functional OtG shower and sinks, fancy dining chairs, and counters!
Result: Whether Renato gets the Modify Concept option after presenting to another sim is totally random and not due to the More Woodworks mod.

As for your buggy game, I'm also getting lots of Last Exceptions and the occasional crash.
Before each simming sesh, I delete cache files and repair my game.  I wonder what's causing your game to be buggy?

Now, do Renato and Phoebe try for another baby, or?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2024, 12:36:16 AM »
Reanato has his long hair back - bet he loves that! Looks good.
The children are darling and their green eyes are beautiful . . .still . . . I think Watcher is partial enough to violet eyes to let Renato and Phoebe try again.
So he has the smog vacuum concept, but not the blueprint yet? I hope he gets that soon.
Port Promise is looking good - well done Renato and Phoebe!
Smart thing putting the insect farms in the family inventory - I remember when Leo's suddenly caught fire in the middle of the night when every one was sleeping - it was a surprise for me because I didn't even know that could happen.
After the counter challenge, Renato and Phoebe deserved the good luck of finding a computer quickly!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2024, 01:21:14 AM »
Reanato has his long hair back - bet he loves that! Looks good.
The children are darling and their green eyes are beautiful . . .still . . . I think Watcher is partial enough to violet eyes to let Renato and Phoebe try again.
So he has the smog vacuum concept, but not the blueprint yet? I hope he gets that soon.
Port Promise is looking good - well done Renato and Phoebe!
Smart thing putting the insect farms in the family inventory - I remember when Leo's suddenly caught fire in the middle of the night when every one was sleeping - it was a surprise for me because I didn't even know that could happen.
After the counter challenge, Renato and Phoebe deserved the good luck of finding a computer quickly!

Renato feels happy that you appreciate that his hair has finally grown back. Those bald times were rough!
Hehe, you know me so well.  After hearing that you limit each generation to two children, I was trying hard to follow in your footstep...but I failed. LOL!
I have never played a sim who tried to learn the Smog Vacuum blueprint so this is all new to me.  The process is not clear to me, though.
As for the insect farms, I don't think we'll need them again unless one of the kids wants to earn satisfaction for partially completing Master Maker.
I was thinking we'd just recycle them for bits and pieces. :D

This is my first time playing an entire generation in Evergreen Harbor. It's been fun, especially now that my sims aren't coughing all the time.

anything