Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.26b: Morning, Noon, and Night (1 Jul '24)  (Read 6835 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.7: Winona, Aspiration Assassin (12 May 24)
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2024, 02:24:30 PM »
Congrats on all the Aspirations, Winona. When I saw the title, I thought she was announcing her Generation Challenge. One that I knew nothing about, lol!
Will she be taking Patchy with her? Or is that even possible?

It feels like a sad time, tidying up Renato and Phoebe's belongings and house, getting ready to move on. But I'm looking forward to seeing Winona's adventures - in HoB? I think Mrs Crumplebottom gave us a hint. And it looks like Braylon may be her chosen spouse! Excellent progress, Watcher!

When moving, Patchy goes into family inventory (like a rabbit stump or bird trunk), so the entire household would need to move with Winona to take that Patchy along.
That is not happening.
However, she can easily buy a new Patchy of her own and chat with him until he animates.  That's a very quick and easy process.

once Winona becomes a teen, she'll be eager to be on her way.  But Renato still has his shop and its remaining inventory, both in the shop and in the shop's basement.
After helping Renato wrap things up with the shop, Winona can move on. Her Watcher's so ready to move on! LOL!
Probably next week. (But not to The HoB...)

I'm a big fan of Duane Talle so I was happy to notice that he married Morgan Fyres awhile back and moved in with her.
Braylon's twin brother is also a green-eyed redhead but he's Evil. 
There's a specific reason that we are all quite pleased that Braylon is a Green Fiend. That reason will be revealed very soon! Probably. Maybe.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2024, 12:47:11 AM »
Oh, so many little things I didn't know . . . like where to fish for a cooler, shower, or tent. Or that Seasons plants don't grow in the wild. And that right timing for the Nightly Mushrooms. Or that earning a gold for the slumber party had such a dramatic impact on Charisma. Or that you can woohoo in the lighthouse (how did I miss that?).

Winona is doing so great! Can't wait to learn more about what's coming for her. Or should I say, what's coming for her and Braylon? Probably? Maybe? 😉

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2024, 02:25:18 AM »
Oh, so many little things I didn't know . . . like where to fish for a cooler, shower, or tent. Or that Seasons plants don't grow in the wild. And that right timing for the Nightly Mushrooms. Or that earning a gold for the slumber party had such a dramatic impact on Charisma. Or that you can woohoo in the lighthouse (how did I miss that?).

Winona is doing so great! Can't wait to learn more about what's coming for her. Or should I say, what's coming for her and Braylon? Probably? Maybe? 😉

"We" are glad that Winona managed to harvest all but 2 of the HoB plants. They're a pain to harvest in the wild: waiting for the right season, sleeping over night in the neighborhood, and such.
As for that Charisma boost from hosting a Slumber Party, I usually have the next heir co-host with the previous heir. 
Usually the child's Charisma increases by 2-3 levels. I wonder if Winona's rose by 5 levels because she has the Savant trait.

A slumber party is always a good time to look more closely at the sims met through the Make Friends" school mode.
Braylon's superior genetics and compatible personality trait result in a virtually unbeatable combination. And he's cute, too!
Akira Kibo and Cecilia Kang also has a lovely son with pink hair.
But Isaiah Kibo is a Child of the Ocean, plus Akira/Cecilia's genes aren't as reliable as Morgan/Duane's.
So far, Braylon seems perfect!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2024, 01:37:32 PM »
*Total harvestables: I count a total of 94 "plants."
  Shannon's incredibly helpful TS4 Collections spreadsheet lists 92 plants, among which I replaced Spring Onion with Grape.
  I also added Moonpetal (Werewolves pack) and Crystal Tree (Crystal Creations pack) for a total of 94.
Can I ask you to share the link to Shannon's collection spreadsheet? I can't find where I've saved it  :'(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2024, 03:01:24 PM »
Can I ask you to share the link to Shannon's collection spreadsheet? I can't find where I've saved it  :'(

Her spreadsheets are in her sig.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1An_ZbEuSvCVtyVpbZFOywcTgsyf1KRa613sfZdYmHiU/edit#gid=1719556346

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2024, 06:05:04 PM »

Her spreadsheets are in her sig.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1An_ZbEuSvCVtyVpbZFOywcTgsyf1KRa613sfZdYmHiU/edit#gid=1719556346
Thanks Tom  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.8: Everything Must Go (14 May 24)
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 08:12:23 PM »
1.8: Everything Must Go!

Sunday, Week 8(mid-autumn)
Renato: We arrived here in Granite Falls yesterday for a three-day vacation.
We all enjoyed fishing and hiking, while Winona harvested 10 different unidentified herbs.
Winona made a substantial dent in her collection of harvestables last week.
Friday, Winona and I co-hosted a slumber party at our home and she made a new BFF.
Saturday, we came here to Deadgrass Isle where we've been except for one quick outing.
From L to R: Chico, Winona (Gen2 heir), me (Founder), Phoebe, and Chico's twin Wangiri

Winona: Saturday, I went to the Romance Festival to gather a few more harvestables.
I even managed to harvest a Bonsai Bud.
This morning, I also find all four types of Catnip Herbs to harvest.
I'm glad I'm done with Catnip Herbs cuz this isn't somewhere I'd want to visit again.

Renato: Back home, I suddenly remember that yesterday was my birthday!
With the slumber party and the lighthouse (ahem), I'd been so busy I forgot all about it!
For now, I drink a Potion of Youth.
Phoebe and I will wait for Winona to level her magic and give us Potions of Immortality later.

Renato: I see what you mean, Braylon. Your household is very crowded!
Braylon: Yes, sir. That's why I was wondering if I could live here with you.
Renato: You mean, you want me to adopt you?
Braylon: No, sir. My parents are busy but I love them anyway. Think of me as an exchange student!
Renato: Our whole family likes you and Winona adores you, but we still need your parents' permission.
Braylon (to himself): Ewww, I definitely don't want to become Winona's brother!
Renato (to himself): This is going to be so awkward. I hope Morgan's over me.

At Dresden House in windenburg
Morgan: Frankly, you would really help us out by letting Braylon stay with you, Renato.
Duane and I are looking after my elderly parents, teen sister, and our toddler daughter.
Braylon's twin brother is Evil and he's such a handful! Duane will be here in a minute.

Renato: Are you still working as a lifeguard, Duane?
Duane: Not anymore. Morgan and I are both stay-at-home parents, living off her father's pension.
Renato: *fails to persuade Duane to pursue his dream job
Duane: Braylon's kindhearted and clever. I'm sure he'll thrive living in your household.

Braylon: What a relief to move in with you Winona! *signs up for Scouts right away
My baby sister's okay but my twin is Evil and constantly bullied me.
Winona: Who's the lady in the bottom row?
Braylon: That's Auntie Kylee, Mama's teen sister. She's such a nag!

Renato: Since I recycled the swing set, we stop by the park for Braylon's Keep Fit badge.
 For a previously unwatched sim, Braylon's a surprisingly fast learner.
He does his homework and reads a book, earning his Scholarly Aptitude badge.
Then, he gets a B grade from the Wishing Well and earns his Keep Fit badge after swinging 10 times.

Monday
Winona: The twins and Braylon are off to grade school, but I take the day off to practice Violin.
With Papa mentoring me, I max the skill by 8:25 am. 
I guess I didn't really need to stay home from school after all. I know! I'll work on my Charisma!

Braylon: Being a watched sim is so cool!
Last night, I got a new hairstyle and a complete wardrobe makeover, even though I plan to age up today.
Of course, I'm aging up with Winona!  Who wants to be a Day 6 child while their BFF is a teen?
And once I finish donating these Snapdragons to Charity, I only have one more badge to go!

Renato: I make two birthday cakes then spent two frustrating hours trying to get the twins to age up.
No matter how I placed them on our dining table or kitchen island, they couldn't blow out their candles.
So we've come to the Garden of Olives restaurant in Tartosa. I order two cakes but only one arrives.
I quickly re-light the candles each time so that all four kids can age up on this single cake. Sheesh!

Phoebe: Our twins age up looking so much like us!
Renato: Wangiri (Good, Perfectionist) closely resembles Phoebe but with my red hair.
Phoebe: And Chico (Adventurous, Loves the Outdoors) looks exactly like Renato with my hair color.

Phoebe: Except for the color of their hair and eyes, Wangiri and Winona look like identical twins.
Renato: Besides Morgan's coloring, Braylon doesn't resemble Morgan and Duane much at all.
Time to go home and get started on your homework, kids! Tomorrow's your first day of high school!

Tuesday
Winona: Because of the aging-up-at-home issue yesterday, Braylon and I didn't age up before 10 pm.
So, while Wang and Chico attend their first day of school, Braylon and I don't start school until tomorrow.
Besides Gardening, we both want to be ready for next week's GeekCon!

Renato: I'm ready to open the shop with my three additional helpers!
Braylon's excused until he reads two more skill books.
I've plastered the storefront with signs announcing our imminent closure.
Do you think the signs are too tacky?

Wednesday
Renato: We end up going to the Magic Realm yesterday afternoon to buy Magical Tomes for Winona.
Somehow, I've lost my storage box which held the magical tomes I'd been saving for Winona.
Afterward, I boosted the markup to 100% but sales were slow.
That's why the markup to 50% today. I figure I'm selling free stuff, anyway. No need to get greedy.

Thursday
Renato: I was really hoping my store would be empty by this morning, so Winona would be free to move.
But there's still so much stock remaining!
On the plus side, my basement stock is zero except for two double beds.  Nobody wants to buy  them!

Winona: Darn it! I thought I'd be long gone by Wednesday night!
Today, we teens take a vacation day to work in the store.
Ever since Braylon moved in, we've been so busy I haven't had the chance to ask if he'll move with me.
Look how cute he is, ringing up his Grandma Moira!
We're still at 50% markup and Papa bought the Serious Shopper perk today.  Let's do this!

Friday
Winona: What are we doing back here before school?
Renato: Braylon reached L6 Logic just now and completed his "Own a Rocket Ship" task.
So I've returned to set that Rocket Ship Kit for sale and sell the shop.
Winona: Whoa,it sold for  §79,337!  Let's get back home. We need to get ready school.
Braylon: Oh darn! Today's Friday. I forgot to study for today's exams!
Wang, Chico, and Winona (together): So did I!

Winona: As soon as Papa recycles his remaining produce, I'm moving out. You're coming with, aren't you?
Braylon: Don't be funny! I've been packed and waiting for you to ask me since last night! Let's go!
Duane: Wait, what? Winona, you're taking my little boy away? Braylon, when were you going to tell me?
Renato: You and Braylon ready to go, Winona? Come give your papa a big hug!
Duane: Um, Braylon? Can you give me a hug, too?

Winona: Whaddya think, bruh? We're living in Tartosa, a stone's throw from the beach!
Braylon: Um, where's our house?
Winona: Oh, we'll build it eventually. Papa only gave us enough for this empty plot with a pond.
Let's unpack, go find me two more fossils, enjoy a Night on the Town, then start planning our garden.
Braylon: We're broke, though. I vote we go to the Spice Festival then go fishing later.

Winona: Great call on the Spice Festival! There's so much to eat here. All those samples, too!
Braylon: Yeah and I harvested more Dragonfruit from the planters!
What's the plan for tomorrow?
Winona: Besides our first day at work, I've schedule a Gnome Fest holiday. And we'll plant the garden!

Saturday
Braylon: Work wasn't bad today and we're gonna get our final promotion tomorrow. Get any new seeds?
Winona: Not yet, but I shouldn't have scheduled this holiday when we have work. The day's too short!
Braylon: Let's go plant and water the garden so you can hunt for eggs. Can I help with that?
Winona: I wish! But I need to find the whole collection by myself.

Braylon: You were so close to finding all the eggs!
Winona: Yeah, but work and gardening took so much time. I wasn't ready for the holiday to end!
Hey, you aren't sharing the tent with me tonight, either?
Braylon: Nah, I'm fine with the sleeping bag. Good night!

Gallery Downloads
*Via Romanza (30x30): "Garden of Olives" (restaurant) by LilSimsie

Progress: End of Week 8
Residence: Celebrazioni d'Amore, Porto Luminoso (Tartosa)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Residence:: The Shipping Views,  Port Promise (EH)

Notes
*Birthday cakes on the home lot: We had no problem with birthday cakes before.
  Renato, Phoebe, the twins and Winona had all aged up with cakes before without any problem.
  Lately, the household seems to have pathing issues but I don't know why.

*The teen's personality traits:
  Generally, I randomize traits based on the parents' traits using Pinstar's trait generator.
  I used the in-game trait generator to choose Braylon's second trait.
  Winona's second trait is not the one suggested by the source challenge.

*Vendor table glitch: On Friday, I suddenly had an issue where Renato couldn't Stock Table.
  He'd get a message saying that there was no space to display the items.
  A simmer on EA Answers suggested moving the vendor table into and out of family inventory.
  This worked for me, thankfully.

*Winona's starting lot: The total lot price is §6,674 with the lot alone worth §6,000.
  Lots of Debug foliage because it's the starting lot. I put this lot together awhile ago to escape the frustration of Renato's shop, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2024, 02:07:52 AM »
All the teens look lovely. And you really lucked out with Braylan's genes.
Enjoy your "retirement" Renato & Olive

How nice - using that lot in Tartosa. So much nicer than the beach.. I've never thought to repurpose it before.
A gnome fest and egg hunt - what a busy time! Plus school and work - manual labourers? Too busy to be more than friends yet. But Brayan definitely didn't want to be Winona's brother, lol.
I think I know which challenge Winona's doing but I'm resisting the urge to go see.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2024, 08:19:40 AM »
All the teens look lovely. And you really lucked out with Braylan's genes.
Enjoy your "retirement" Renato & Olive

How nice - using that lot in Tartosa. So much nicer than the beach.. I've never thought to repurpose it before.
A gnome fest and egg hunt - what a busy time! Plus school and work - manual labourers? Too busy to be more than friends yet. But Brayan definitely didn't want to be Winona's brother, lol.
I think I know which challenge Winona's doing but I'm resisting the urge to go see.

Braylon was given an unusual name that I'd never heard before. I keep wanting to add a "g" at the end because...Braylon is blushing...
I admit to tweaking his eyes a little. He came with Morgan's coloring and I was hoping he'd have Duane's eyes but they were small and close together.
Anyway, I like being able to find a townie spouse when possible.
I love the 50x40 Celebrazioni d'Amore lot. This is my fourth consecutive challenge in which an heir has lived on that lot, beginning with my 100 Babies Challenge.
There are Chinese & Indian food stalls for learning recipes related to Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound and a small playground with a jungle gym and monkey bars.
Renato's home is too cramped to serve as the Costas family-wide gathering spot, so that role shall fall on Winona's shoulders. :)  Or on her home, rather.

You've already guessed the challenge?  Don' you know?  Resistance is futile!
Anyway, I'm happy to be away from dumpster diving and Renato's glitched shop.
At some point, the family continued to make sales but the Items Sold and shop income stopped increasing.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.9: Like Moth to a Flame (16 May 24)
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2024, 02:01:37 PM »
2.9: Like Moth to a Flame

Sunday, Week 9, Year 1 (late autumn)
Winona: Last Sunday, Braylon Talla--BFF and Bracelet Bud--moved in with us from his home in Wndenburg.
The next evening, I aged up to a teen with my siblings Wangiri and Chico. Braylon aged up with us, too!
After three excruciating days of running his glitched retail shop, Renato sold it so I could move out.
On Friday, I finally ask Braylon to come with me and we move to Tartosa's Porto Luminoso hood.

*whispers: Don't tell Braylon, but this will be a great place to raise a family!
There's are beaches, a downtown area, and even a playground within walking distance of our home!

Winona: Of course, we max Manual Laborer on our second day then quit as soon we get home.
This will come in handy later if we decide to become Renaissance Sims.
After five hours of hard work, our hygiene's low so we head to the gym in Oasis Springs.

After a little exercise and showers, Braylon checks all the dig sites because he loves Gemology.
I find this Daisy plant but I can't take a cutting because it's out of season. Grrrr!

Winona: Thanks for agreeing to graduate early with me, buddy! You don't care about Prom?
Braylon: If you're not going, then I'm not going either.
Winona (to herself): Did he avoid my question?

Winona: The garden's doing great! I stocked our pond with only Salmon and Tuna for the best fertilizer.
And Braylon bought and animated a new Patchy this afternoon.
Thanks to Patchy, I max my Gardening skill and find Cherry seeds in his pockets!
I want to find all the seeds myself, unless Braylon gets a really rare find in Patchy's pockets.

Monday
This morning, we spend simoleons on crafting garden planters.
After some mentoring, I'm also able to craft a shower. Yay!
Our garden now looks very organized.
On the other hand, we only have §686 to our name.

Winona: But I really want to leave for Granite Falls. I have to go this week!
Braylon: Did you already forget that tomorrow's GeekCon? We've been waiting for it!
We also need a grill but the cheapest one costs more than hosting Potluck. Shall we?
Winona: Okay, okay. How about we go sell stuff then throw a potluck somewhere?

Braylon: Since I only have L2 Charisma, I want to be the one running the yard sale.
Winona chooses the Grims Quarry's Community Garden, which she visited as a child.
With a 200% markup, I do a fair business, ending §3,000 richer with L9 Charisma.
And coming here turns out to be great idea for Winona.

Winona: Townies throng the Community Garden and drop various seeds in the planters.
I see that sprouted Lovely Mushroom and decide to return to harvest it another night.
TIL I can nab an unplanted seed and put it in my inventory, then it's actually mine.
That's how I get a Lovely Mushroom and a Mysterious Mushroom from the outdoor planters.
Also, I take cuttings of Bell Pepper and Daisy.  I'm coming back another day to take a Kava cutting!

Tuesday
Braylon: Winona read about the Makeys, who did 5 space missions together at GeekCon.
I read that, too.  First of all, that's five romantic "woohoo in a rocket ship" socials.
Secondly, the couple who did that are married.
Can you believe Winona wanted us to try that? We haven't even held hands!
Anyway, she tells me to go ahead. Meanwhile, she's gonna work on her magic and learn guitar.

Renato (brown shirt): Edgar Rainstorm, is that you, bestie? I haven't seen you since our slumber party.
Edgar (all in red): I was surprised to get an invite as a potluck contributor, but here I am!
Renato: You were Winona's first non-family friend! I bet she'll be really happy to see you!
Edgar: Well, she looks busy tonight. But I know where she lives now, so I'll visit another day.

Winona: Watcher says she used to host Neighborhood Potlucks with my grandpa Chai.
Obviously, I have no memory of him. But I'm naturally worried when the Party Tips pop up. Oven?!
Thankfully, I didn't need any of that. In fact, I didn't need that small table for the potluck dishes, either.
It's an easy gold medal.  Braylon and I are now the proud owners of a new patio grill!

Wednesday
Winona: After tending to our increasingly large home garden, we arrive in Granite Falls around 9 am.
All ten Granite Falls herbs can be harvested in summer, and only four of them in autumn.
But none of them can be harvested in winter, so I'm super glad we made here in time!

Winona: I'm soooo glad that I don't have to complete the Insect collection.
It's fun to catch them when I happen to encounter them.
But I don't want to spend day after boring day, scoping Granite Falls for insects.

Braylon: Wow! You fish only enough to catch five fish for your aspiration, and you catch a Shower Tarp!
Winona: Pure luck! Hey, you became an Angling Ace.
Braylon: Anyone can become an Angling Ace but it seems not everyone can catch a Shower Tarp!

Braylon: I've never tasted Roasted Beetles before. Do you make them often?
Winona: Haha, no. It's only to become an Outdoor Enthusiast.  (Okay, here goes nothing…)
So, Braylon, I'm sorry but I forgot to bring your sleeping bag. But we chare my te…
Braylon: No worries, Winona. While we were in the National Park earlier, I caught a small tent.
Winona (to herself0: Foiled again!

Thursday
Winona: When I got yesterday's notice that today would be Harvest Fest, I checked its traditions.
There were only four holiday traditions, so guess what tradition I added for the fifth one?
Go me! I find my last Decorative Egg in a bush in The Hermit's front yard.

Braylon: After that, Winona brewed herbal remedies, befriended The Hermit, and caught 15 insects.
When she could do the rest of Outdoor Enthusiast at home, we ended our vacation.
Are you wondering why I have two easels?  I crafted the small easel myself.
When Papa Renato saw my rinky-dink easel, he crafted this fancy easel for me.

Friday
Edgar: Long time, no see, Winona! What a surprise to get your invite to your potluck Tuesday evening.
Winona: When I was choosing potluck contributors, I saw your name. When did you become a teen?
Edgar: According to your father, two days before you did! We used to be so close, girl.
Winona: Papa had us working night and day at his shop! I'm so sorry we lost touch, Edgar.

Edgar: The important thing is, thanks to your potluck,  we've found each other again!
Winona: Edgar! Did you just (autonomously) steal my first kiss?
Edgar (opens eyes): Oh, I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me!
I'm just a helpless moth to your flame, Winona. *adjusts tilted halo

Winona: Sending off my errant moth, I greet the Welcome Wagon gathered around the loo.
It has the only door on our lot, so every visitor treats it like our Front Door, haha.
Hey, check out my gnomes! When we got back last night, I added my vacay gnomes to my existing gnomes.
After appeasing them all, they continued offering seed packets well past 2 am when the holiday ended.
What you see isn't even all the seasonal seed packets I got! (Their halos vanished around 6 pm.)

You know The Curator's "Collect 25 Collectibles" task?  I complete it while opening the seed packets.
I now have all seeds available from seasonal seed packets except Green Bean (sum/fall) and Dahlia (fall).
Next, Braylon wants to view paintings at an art museum in Willow Creek.
While brewing herbal remedies behind the museum, I reach L10 Herbalism. *pumps fist

Saturday
I wake up this morning feeling refreshed, after my second night sleeping in a tent.
Our cowplant matures after a week, completing my Freelance Botanist aspiration.

Winona: Good morning, Edgar! (Did he come to invite me to Prom? I lowkey wanna go…)
Edgar: I know I don't have much to offer you, Winona. I'm merely an unwatched teen without an income but...
Winona: But? What are you saying, Edgar?
Edgar: I want us to have a future together, have children, grow old together, the whole works.
I'll do everything in my power to make you happy, Winona.  I've always known you're the one for me.

Winona: Um, Edgar?
Edgar: I know, I know. I'm a high school student living with my parents.
And you're living with some exchange student related to your father's ex-girlfriend.
Winona: (Braylon's mother Morgan is my father's ex....what!?)
Edgar: Things can change, Winona.  Think about it.  Choose me!

Winona: I'm overwhelmed by Edgar's feelings for me and his hopes for our shared future.
Meanwhile, I don't know about Braylon. Is he aro? Is he ace? Does he prefer men? I can't read minds!
Anyway, I've reached the Adept spellcaster rank, so I rush to the Magic Realm to learn CopyPasto.
Back home, I CopyPasto the seasonal seed packets for summer and fall until I get the seeds I need.
Yep, I jus pla'ed Green Bean and Dahlia in mah gar'en!

I still need seeds from Forgotten Hollow, the HoB, Selvadorada, Sixam, and more!
But I'm not leaving home nights until I've completed my Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration.
Three more nights of sleeping in a tent!
Braylon and I spend a quiet evening in companionable silence.

Braylon: Is it true what people say? Do nice guys really finish last?

Progress: End of Week 9
Residence: Celebrazioni d'Amore, Porto Luminoso (Tartosa)
Lot challenge: Simple Living

Notes
*Winona's move: She & Braylon brought several things with them when moving out:
  --Everything they'd found, crafted, or earned themselves (in personal inventory)
  --The magic tomes bought by Renato or found on the Magical HQ's bookshelves
  --One Deathflower each, which don't count toward Winona's collection (she got one from Patchy)
  --Seven Potions of Curse Cleansing to hold Winona until she reaches Adept spellcaster rank.

*Edgar Rainstorm: When starting this legacy, I used CAS STories to create a sim for setting up my new simverse.
  The result was John Rainstorm, whom I renamed Cloud Rainstorm and moved him somewhere cheap.
  MCCC married him off right away, but the couple only had kids around the same time as Renato Costa.
  When Knox Greenburg moved to Sulani, I moved the Rainstorms into The Portsmouth Promenade.
  An Outdoor Lover, Edgar was initially the spouse prospect until redheaded Braylon aged up.

*The Gnomes: They were certainly working overtime!
  Harvest Fest began 6 am Thursday, which is when two gnomes appeared at the Hermit's hut. Before ending the vacay, Winona stashed them in her personal inventory.
  Back home, she placed them next to her other three gnomes. After appeasing the three gnomes, she had five gnomes with halos.
  The holiday itself ended at 2 am Friday, but the gnomes kept at it until 6 pm. This has never happened to me before.
  But then, I've never started a holiday with gnomes on vacation then storing the gnomes before ending the vacation and taking them out again. LOL 

*21 new harvestables in Week 9
  --Grown at home: Trash Fruit
  --Harvested in wild: Granite Falls herbs x10
  --Grafted: Plaintain (pear x lemon)
  --Grims Quarry Community Garden: Bell Pepper, Daisy, Lovely Mushroom, Mysterious Mushroom
  --Seasonal seed packets: Holly, Bluebell, Spinach, Green Bean, Dahlia

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2024, 02:04:00 PM »
Flashback

Edgar Rainstorm's been a guest at every Costa social event to date.

At the Weenie Roast in Week 6, he's seated on a bench next to Renato to the left of the campfire. Edgar and Renato have maxed friendship.

At the Slumber Party in Week 7, Edgar watches TV while seated on the loveseat next to Winona.

If I'd known what a handsome teen Edgar would become, I would've taken more screenshots of him as a child.
Just kidding. I always end the week with too many screenshots, so none of Winona's classmates were showcased in Renato's era until Braylon.

Incidentally on Friday of Week 7 (the day of the slumber party), their relative ages were:
Edgar: 1 day to Teen
Winona: 3 days to teen
Braylon: 10 days to teen

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2024, 01:42:25 PM »
Poor Winona - having to choose between such good-looking guys! Braylon needs to up his game if he seriously wants to be a contender. Companionable silence gets you rooted in the Friend Zone!

Impressive skilling and collection skills, as ever. Excellent progress :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2024, 04:26:08 PM »
Poor Winona - having to choose between such good-looking guys! Braylon needs to up his game if he seriously wants to be a contender. Companionable silence gets you rooted in the Friend Zone!

Impressive skilling and collection skills, as ever. Excellent progress :)

Thanks so much for your kind words! I created a marriage requirement that I thought would be easy but it's proved difficult.
Is my desperation showing?
For Winona's collection of harvestables, I wanted to approach it differently than usual.  What I usually do is buy everything I can then stress over the UFO plant, haha.
Winona's way is time-consuming but I'm enjoying the process.
And future Costa generations (and their Watcher) shall appreciate the convenience of the produce/garden/bouquet stalls. :D

I nearly choked on my coffee at your comment about companionable silence leading to the friend zone.  LOL

Oh, thank you for uploading your Makey family to the Gallery! I downloaded them this morning.
Speaking of, I'm so curious about what you're planning for Jade and Jet!!!   (And replace that pathetic Elixir & Brews bar--Glimmerbrook will be more fun if you do!)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2024, 03:08:27 AM »
Oh, thank you for uploading your Makey family to the Gallery! I downloaded them this morning.
Speaking of, I'm so curious about what you're planning for Jade and Jet!!!   (And replace that pathetic Elixir & Brews bar--Glimmerbrook will be more fun if you do!)
I was pleased to be asked to upload The Makey's, although it might have gone to Jet's head, lol!
I'll be posting an update shortly. Yes, I'll sort out that bar. A date-destination will be needed. After all - the legacy needs an heir!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 2.10: Edgar on Fire (18 May 24)
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2024, 08:32:12 AM »
I was pleased to be asked to upload The Makey's, although it might have gone to Jet's head, lol!
I'll be posting an update shortly. Yes, I'll sort out that bar. A date-destination will be needed. After all - the legacy needs an heir!

I'm going to enjoy deciding a desirable scenario for your Jet.  He's so handsome!
So what if his big head makes it hard for him to pass through door jambs these days? Haha
Looking forward to seeing what your new Glimmerbrook bar looks like!

anything