Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.26b: Morning, Noon, and Night (1 Jul '24)  (Read 6830 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.4: I'm a Family Man (6 May 24)
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2024, 01:21:14 AM »
Reanato has his long hair back - bet he loves that! Looks good.
The children are darling and their green eyes are beautiful . . .still . . . I think Watcher is partial enough to violet eyes to let Renato and Phoebe try again.
So he has the smog vacuum concept, but not the blueprint yet? I hope he gets that soon.
Port Promise is looking good - well done Renato and Phoebe!
Smart thing putting the insect farms in the family inventory - I remember when Leo's suddenly caught fire in the middle of the night when every one was sleeping - it was a surprise for me because I didn't even know that could happen.
After the counter challenge, Renato and Phoebe deserved the good luck of finding a computer quickly!

Renato feels happy that you appreciate that his hair has finally grown back. Those bald times were rough!
Hehe, you know me so well.  After hearing that you limit each generation to two children, I was trying hard to follow in your footstep...but I failed. LOL!
I have never played a sim who tried to learn the Smog Vacuum blueprint so this is all new to me.  The process is not clear to me, though.
As for the insect farms, I don't think we'll need them again unless one of the kids wants to earn satisfaction for partially completing Master Maker.
I was thinking we'd just recycle them for bits and pieces. :D

This is my first time playing an entire generation in Evergreen Harbor. It's been fun, especially now that my sims aren't coughing all the time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.5: Hope Springs Eternal (7 May 24)
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2024, 09:16:34 PM »
1.5: Hope Springs Eternal

Sunday, Week 5 (mid summer)
Renato: Last week began with Phoebe discovering she was eating for two.
Well, three, since she gave birth to twins on Wednesday.
Monday, my first day in the Civil Designer career earned me a promotion to a L4 Green Technician.
This job lets me draft and present Eco Invention Concepts. I submitted at least 20 without success.
On Friday, Phoebe joined t6he SIMply Crafted Agency to do five gigs.
It took me all night to finally find her a computer in the dumpsters.
From L to R: Phoebe, me holding Wangari, and Chico

]i]Watcher: The Greenburgs no longer live here at The Portsmouth Promenade.
Knox Greenburg married Lia Hauata and moved into her Chieftain's Villa home in Sulani.
His mothers, Blossom and Jane passed away in Week 2.[/i]

Phoebe: My first freelance  gig is for three Cylindrical Candles.
Renato promises to devote his entire day to looking after Wangari and Cisco today.
After tending the garden, I have the rest of my day to work on gigs.
I start candlemaking from morning.

Looking after Wangari and Cisco by myself is a full-time job!
Here, Cisco is enjoying a bubble bath in the wooden bathtub I crafted.
But while they nap, I present two or three concepts as well.
I'm not sure why but, these past two days, I present my concepts but nobody suggests I modify them.

Phoebe: It took me over 12 hours to craft three candles.  Should I switch to Juice Fizzing gigs instead?
Renato: Well, you need 20 candles to become a Master Maker and have no Juice Fizzing skill.
Phoebe: You're so right. By the way, did you read Watcher Lawlor's suggestion about expanding our family?
Renato: Yes! I'd love another girl. A science baby could catch up to our twins at the toddler stage!
Phoebe: Well, what are we waiting for?

Monday
Renato: It's nearly noon when we're both good friends with our new baby and age her up.
I've named her Winona, after activist and economist Winona LaDuke (1959-) of the Ojibwe tribe.
She advocates for indigenous control of their homelands, natural resources, and cultural practices.
A Calm infant, Winona has Phoebe's white hair with my violet eyes and pointy ears.

Luckily I have today off, so I look after the babies while Phoebe makes candles.
She seems to take hours to craft one candle, spending most of the time zoned out.
I harvested our garden first thing this morning, while Patchy tends it this afternoon.
We've been so busy lately, we never even remember to check his pockets for seeds.

We're hoping Winona can catch up to the twins at the toddler stage.
So I wait to receive their birthday notices to age them up. Actually, I could've waited another 24 hours.
But Winona needs a crib and I'm not crafting another one to use for a single day.
How cute that Gari (GAH-ree, short for Wangari) ages up with Phoebe's hairstyle. Chico's a handsome boi.
They both age up with Top-Notch Infant traits and Level 2 Thinking. Sweet!

Tuesday
No "Modify Concept" at all the whole weekend and yesterday.
This morning, the third sim I presented a concept to finally suggested I modify my concept.
But wait! "Maybe the boss will like it, anyway"!? That doesn't sound very optimistic to me!
C'on! This HAS to be the submission that earns me the Smog Vacuum blueprint!
Just in case, I'm not submitting any more concepts for the next 24 hours.

One of my work-from-home tasks today involves installing a composting container.
I can do that on one of toilets I found in a dumpster diver.
For her 3rd gig, Phoebe accidentally sent her a client a Cylindrical Candle she made last week.
Now the Agency doesn't believe she crafted 3 candles today for her gig so she's making a new one.
To avoid that problem in the future, she next moves all her previously-made candles to storage.

Phoebe: I loved my 4th freelance gig!
All I had to do was craft and send off a single fabricated rug. Fast and easy!
My last gig will take a bit more time because I'm fabricating three floor lamps.
It'll be great to done with my freelance gigs so I can look after our babies!

Wednesday
Renato: Yes, I am once again drafting a new Eco Invention Concept.
While I did receive a new blueprint this morning, it's for the Hydroponic Planter.
I want that blueprint eventually too, but first the Smog Vacuum.
On the plus side, my boss's great review gets me promoted to a L7 Eco-Tech Scientist.

After finishing my fifth freelance gig this morning, I quit the SIMply Crafted Agency.
I still need to craft six more candles for Master Maker, but I have time for our babies now.
And when I checked Patchy's pockets this morning, I find three Growfruit seeds!
It's definitely worth checking his pockets at every opportunity.

Renato: I look around for someone to present my latest concept to and spot the Mail Carrier. He'll do!
The Mail Carrier offered useful feedbacik, thankfully.
I was really worried I'd have to spend another three no-feedback days of presenting concepts, like last time.
Modifying my outstanding concept boosts it to perfect quality. Wish me luck!

In other news, I receive a Magical Care Package for reaching the Acolyte rank yesterday.
It contains a Bunnerfly Familiar Orb and a Gnarled Wood Broom, but no wand.
Now I can craft myself a better broom using More Woodworks.

I've been trying to graft perfect Dragonfruit, Orchid, and Deathflower plants lately.
When I do some recycling for my work-from-home task, I discover a huge surplus of the plants concerned.
After recycling 147 snapdragon flowers, I run a yard sale for Dragonfruit and Orchids.
We'll use Lilies for fertilizer until our Growfruit is worth over §50 apiece.

Thursday
Renato: This morning, I'm thrilled to find a stove that's functional Off the Grid.
It only needs to be repaired and cleaned, then it's as good as new!
Besides my dumpster fridge and crafted sink, our kitchen now has three "functional OtG" appliances!

I receive another blueprint this afternoon, but for the Flora Rug.
Looking it up, I learn there are 3 blueprints available from submitting Eco Invention Concepts.
So far, I've received the Hydroponic Planter and Flora Rug but not (obviously) the Smog Vacuum.
After presenting four concepts with no feeback, my fifth presentation finally bears fruit.

Will my modified concept submission earn me the Smog Vacuum blueprint tomorrow?
Please tell me Innovative Solutions Corp. isn't closed on weekends!

Friday
I've been fishing in the Bedrock Strait hood since 4 am this morning.
At 5 am, I checked the Community Garden for harvestable tomatoes.
I can harvest Lemons but the Tomatoes aren't ready so I take a cutting instead.

Yesterday evening, Phoebe completed her Master Maker aspiration.
It will be great to have her help with the kids!
Last night, close to midnight, Winona had 11 milestones plus the Loved and Well Cared For moodlets.
When I aged her up, she didn't start with L2 Thinking but she did gain the Top-Notch Infant trait. Life is good!

Clement: What do you, Renato? Should I ask Mei Prescott on a date?
Renato: Dude, I don't even remember meeting you. Make up your own mind about your love life!

Saturday
Wang and Chico age up to children on Monday evening.
Thanks to our Tiny Home, Winona will have maxed all her toddler skills tomorrow.
She has definitely caught up to the twins so that the three of them can age up together.

Now that Phoebe is helping out with the kids, I can work on my magic.
Today, I reach the Adept rank, then Practice Practical Magic to learn CopyPasto and Transportalate.
Since I have a broom but no wand yet, I travel to the Magical Realm to duel for artifacts.

After asking the Sages to teach me potions and spells, I'm ready to duel!
My first Duel for Artifacts ever, I win a Wand of the Sylvan Glade. What luck!
Now that I've earned a wand, I can craft them on the woodworking table.
No reason to stay here in the Magical Realm a second longer.

Renato: When we hastily wed 2 weeks ago, I promised to take you somewhere romantic to renew our vows.
Phoebe: But you didn't mention it last week, so i was certain that you'd forgotten.
Renato: After considering all the possible venues, I decided to wait until tonight.
Phoebe: It doesn't get much more romantic than the Romance Festival!

Progress: End of Week 5
Residence:: The Shipping Views,  Port Promise (EH)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*The next heir: All three children are lovely, but I'm leaning toward Winona.

*Smog Vacuum: Among the 3 concept blueprints, Renato has received the two "other blueprints."
  On Thursday, he submits a perfect-quality modified concept but gets no response Friday or Saturday.
  Was that because he didn't work those two days?
  Will he get the Smog Vacuum blueprint on Sunday, since he works that day?
  C'mon, Innovative Solutions Corp! Give Renato that blueprint already!
  Each time Renato submits a modified concept, he hopes against hope for Smog Vacuum blueprint.

*Green Technician: Renato is currently a L8 Green Technician so he'll max this career next week, after which he's allowed to quit.
  Hopefully, he can get that elusive Smog Vacuum blueprint before then, or he'll need to keep his job as a Green Technician until he does.
  Renato had to preset a concept as one of his work-from-home tasks Friday morning, but he got no feedback so submitted an unmodified concept.
  I'm starting to wonder if submitting a subsequent concept overwrites the previous submission(s) and extends the turnaround by an additional 24 hours.
  If you have any experience with getting the Smog Vacuum, I would love to hear about it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2024, 02:33:41 AM »
I'm so glad Renato has got 2 of the concepts. It seems really hard work but I'm sure he'll get the Smog Vacuum soon.
I've done the Green Technician in the past but never particularly needed the designs for whatever else I was doing. I am looking forward to trying them out.
I think I've used the hydroponics planter but maybe that was a Gardener career reward?

Having seen how gorgeous Winona is, i am happy to bear all responsibility for you having her. And I think, with ice-blonde hair and violet eyes, we may as well hold the heir-crowning ceremony right now  ;D

I am not looking forward to those 20 candles. To be fair, it is a long process irl but for the moulded/carved ones you can get on with other stuff while you wait for them to dry

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2024, 02:39:52 AM »
All the kids are adorable, but Winona's violet eyes and pointy ears make a combo that's tough to beat.
It's great that Renato won a wand and can now craft them.
How perfect for Renato and Phoebe to renew their vows at the Romance Festival. And they didn't even bribe the guru!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2024, 03:15:50 AM »
I'm so glad Renato has got 2 of the concepts. It seems really hard work but I'm sure he'll get the Smog Vacuum soon.
I've done the Green Technician in the past but never particularly needed the designs for whatever else I was doing. I am looking forward to trying them out.
I think I've used the hydroponics planter but maybe that was a Gardener career reward?

Having seen how gorgeous Winona is, i am happy to bear all responsibility for you having her. And I think, with ice-blonde hair and violet eyes, we may as well hold the heir-crowning ceremony right now  ;D

I am not looking forward to those 20 candles. To be fair, it is a long process irl but for the moulded/carved ones you can get on with other stuff while you wait for them to dry

Renato thanks you profusely for your glass-is-two-thirds-full encouragment!
I've played the Green Technician career before but never tried for the Eco Invention Concept blueprints, though my sims have enjoyed the Hydroponic Planters in builds downloaded from the Gallery.
By the way, do you think it's okay to purchase the vertical planters?  Please say yes!

Thank you for suggesting to Renato and Phoebe that they have another baby. You know how partial I am to the white hair + violet eyes combo.
I'm practically tempted to turn my Costa Legacy into a perfect genetics legacy.  Please, someone stop me now! LOL!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2024, 03:22:53 AM »
All the kids are adorable, but Winona's violet eyes and pointy ears make a combo that's tough to beat.
It's great that Renato won a wand and can now craft them.
How perfect for Renato and Phoebe to renew their vows at the Romance Festival. And they didn't even bribe the guru!

Winona's beautiful for sure, but the twins are also very pretty, thanks to Phoebe's genetic  contribution.
A grateful shoutout to both Wangari and Chico for never pulling a "Where's My Attention" stunt, not even once!

Renato vowed he wouldn't craft one without winning one first, so he was supremely lucky to get one from his first duel.
He's having enough hardship in his life with the concept blueprints, lol.

Haha, that couple has no need for the Love Guru's prophecies. 
Their relationship is rock solid and they barely had time to harvest the chrysanthemums before racing back to their kids.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2024, 03:24:56 AM »

I've played the Green Technician career before but never tried for the Eco Invention Concept blueprints, though my sims have enjoyed the Hydroponic Planters in builds downloaded from the Gallery.
By the way, do you think it's okay to purchase the vertical planters?  Please say yes!

Thank you for suggesting to Renato and Phoebe that they have another baby. You know how partial I am to the white hair + violet eyes combo.
I'm practically tempted to turn my Costa Legacy into a perfect genetics legacy.  Please, someone stop me now! LOL!
I really want to buy the vertical planters too! I'm pretty sure we can't get them any other way. With their space-saving and ability for upgrades, they make perfect sense. Plus they provide a none-wall boundary.
I'll buy them if you buy them - "Ah, here's the peer-pressure my mother warned me about" (Quote from Amy - Big Bang Theory)
*edited*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2024, 03:43:12 AM »

I really want to buy the vertical planters too! I'm pretty sure we can't get them any other way. With their space-saving and ability for upgrades, they make perfect sense. Plus they provide a none-wall boundary.
I'll buy them if you buy them - "is this the peer-pressure my mother warned me about?" (Quote from Amy - Big Bang Theory)

LOL, yes to Dawn and Renato buying vertical planters!  Their lives in Evergreen Harbor can't be complete without them!
Thank you, Watcher, for getting back to me on this! <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.6: Shop Struggles (9 May 24)
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2024, 04:31:01 PM »
1.6:  Shop Struggles

Sunday, Week 6, Year 1 (late summer)
Renato: Last week, Pheobe and I had a science baby we named Winona.
Our twins aged up to toddlers on Monday and clever Winona caught up to them on Thursday night.
We enjoyed several firsts: Phoebe became a Master Maker and I won my very first wand.
I remain every hopeful of receiving the Smog Vacuum blueprint.  This week for sure!
The Propellor Monument behind us appeared last week as Port Promise's Modern Development NAP.
From L to R: Phoebe holding Wangari, Chico, and me holding Winona.

Yep, I have a work-from-home task to "Present an Eco Invention Concept."
Nothing good for sale at the Flea Market, so Phoebe and I travel to the Fashion District.
The plan was for her to have some Sweet & Sour Eggplant, but she's at the bar yakking. That Phoebe!
After presenting 3 feedback-less concepts, Thomas Watson finally offers constructive feedback!
Cross your fingers!

I've been reading about an activist named Dawn Makey and decide to take a page from her book.
Instead of doing my work-from-home assignment on a for-sale toilet, I visit my neighbors.
Cloud Rainstorm and his family moved into The Portsmouth Promenade after the Greenburgs.
Installing a composting container on their toilet ensures my L9 promotion tomorrow.
That Dawn Makey's one brilliant cookie!

Despite queuing up twice at the Chinese food stall, Phoebe never learned any recipes there.
If you want to get something done, you've got to do it yourself.
Fine! I prepare an 8-serving platter of Sweet and Sour Eggplant for the family.
Once Phoebe has a serving, she'll be able to prepare the dish, too.

Monday
Winona actually maxed her remaining toddler skill last night.
While trying to decide when's the best time to age up the kids, I'm whisked away to work.
Since I got a promotion this morning, I received no option to choose to work from home.
I phone Phoebe from work, advising her not to wait until the twin's birthday notices this evening.

Phoebe: I'm happy to say that our toddlers will all earn the Top-Notch Toddler trait!
After making two cakes, I start by helping our firstborn Wangiri blow out her candles.
After that, I help her twin Chico and our youngest Winona age up, too.

Wangiri is Good, Chico is Adventurous, and Winona has a Love of the Outdoors.

Renato: As soon as I'm home from work, I'm ready to start renovating.
Now that we don't have toddlers in the house, it's time we live in a large home!
Aesthetically, the house won't be winning any Architectural Digest awards.
And it has only the bare minimum of furnishings.
But it checks off all the boxes except for a pool. We can furnish it gradually.

Renato: Now kids, your only task during this Weiner Roast is to roast one hot dog each, got it?
A gold-medal Weiner Roast earns us a chess table, which you'll need to complete Whiz Kid.
Phoebe: What about me?
Renato: You and I will handle all the other party goals.
Wangiri, Chico, and Winona: Yay, we did it!

Tuesday
Renato: When I go to do my daily task on the Fabricator, I discover I can make the Smog Vacuum.
Huh. I must've missed the notification yesterday because I was busy renovating our house.
As soon as I craft an Eco Upgrade Part for my daily task, I craft my long-awaited Smog Vacuum!

My most valuable scorched item is this Malificent Bed, originally worth §8,000.
This Smog Vacuum really makes dumpster diving worthwhile!
And it requires "bananas," which I can easily obtain by recycling harvestables.
This sparkly blue tile in our backyard? It marks where I plan to eventually build a pool.

Phoebe: Now that Renato has finally crafted a Smog Vacuum, I have a new task.
Of course, Renato will continue dumpster diving but can now repair scorched items.
With my maxed Handiness skill, I'm in charge of damaged items that only need repair and cleaning.
Hey, I've discovered that I'm Neat!

Renato: I go to work at the office today instead of working from home.
What a surprise when the boss grants me my final promotion to L10 Master Expert!
And that means I've also completed my Eco Innovator aspiration.
My only remaining task is the build a pool.

Wednesday
Winona: This morning, I notice I can check Patchy's pockets for sees.
Papa says that he and Mama only get three normal-quality seeds from Patchy, if they find anything at all.
But me? I find three perfect-quality snapdragon flowers. Patchy must think I'm special!
Watcher: He must, Winona! None of my sims have every found anything but normal-quality seeds!

Renato:: I've been repairing all my scorched finds using the Smog Vacuum.
Phoebe helps out, as usual,  by repairing and cleaning the unscorched but otherwise damaged items.
At the store, I build a basement where I move all the furniture and appliances.
And I build a small room for the kids in back where they can do schoolwork and work on Artistic Prodigy.

All that's on sale in the shop are the cheap stuff: Frogs, Decorative Eggs, MySims Trophies, and so on.
Caleb and I greet and answer customers' questions, while Phoebe only rings them  up.
Five minutes before closing shop, I praise Caleb and allow him to leave early.
At 5% markup, we sold 20 items but only earned 360 perk points.

Friday
From Wednesday morning to Friday afternoon, we opened the shop three times with a 5% markup.
And here's what happened: (Rally the Troops, ftw!)
Session 1: Sold 20 items in 10 hours, 360 perk points
Session 2: Sold 26 items in 14 hours, 455 perk points (815 total)
Session 3: Sold 28 items in 18 hours, 620 perk points (1,435 total)

Our 3rd session was long, and I sent Caleb home after 9 hours.
We did manage to buy the Faster Checkout (Large) perk for 1,400 points.

We'd bought activity tables and a swing set for the kids.
We put them in family inventory so the kids could use them either at home or at the shop.
It's no surprise that Winona's the first to become a Llamacorn Scout.
(We'll be recycling the swing set and two of the activity tables later.)

No more shop business until next week!
We travel to Desert Bloom Park so the kids can work on Rambunctious Scamp and Playtime Captain.
While fishing at the back of the park, I not only catch a Seed Crystal but also become an Angling Ace.

Winona: At 6 pm, we visit San Myshuno for the Spice Festival.
While everyone else is attempting the Spice Curry Challenge, I'm harvesting plants.
You'll know why soon enough! *winks
By the way, our whole family fails the Spice Curry Challenge!

Renato: I've only found two computers so far, but all 3 kids want to "Practice Typing."
It makes perfect sense for them to do that at the Willow Creek Library.
They keep at it until they finish that task plus get a high score in the Key Commander game.
Meanwhile, Phoebe and I go fishing behind the library.

Saturday
It's nearly 2 am when the kids are ready to tackle their last Rambunctious Scamp task.
For that, we travel to Magnolia Blossom Park because it has two sets of monkey bars.
When they complete that aspiration, we head home for some well-deserved sleep.

After breakfast, I'm ready to show you our home's very symmetrical layout.
The living room is flanked by a study and a hobby room on each side, accessible via the hallways.
Those hallways also provide access to bathrooms on either side of the kitchen and dining room.

On the second floor, there are three bedrooms that share a veranda overlooked the backyard.
Stairways on each side of the house lead up to the verandas.
The bedrooms are an odd size. I guess I could make them shorter to increase the veranda's width.
Then, I could move the chess set and even a game table up there. Well, that's a next-week problem.

Lastly, I downsize the fishing spot and add a pool.
The pond's much smaller now. But Phoebe can still go fishing just fine.
I think I'll just enjoy floating on my back a bit while the children sleep in.
It feels great to be done with all my requirements!

Progress: End of Week 6 - Requirements completed ?day, Week 6, Year 1

Notes
*Baker's Cousin Display Case: Not gonna lie! I've really missed using this.
  Since it works like a fridge but can't be found in dumpsters, I've decided Renato may buy one.

*Gold-medal Weiner Roast: Renato really wanted to "earn"--not simply buy--a chess table.
  With that aim, I temporarily edited Desert Bloom by adding a campfire, cooler, and benches.

*Rocket ship kit: This item can be placed and built on the Futures and Past Museum's balcony.
  But it couldn't be placed in parks.  I noticed a few days ago that I could place it Desert Bloom Park.
  My sims haven't tried building it yet, but we'll let you know.
  A mission-ready rocket ship in Desert Bloom Park would be handier than going to GeekCon.

*The Shop: Phoebe is most useful when she sticks to ringing up customers.
  Due to her low Charisma, she's not that helpful answering customers' questions.
  Plus, she tends to go off track, drop her queue, and start socializing.
  Regarding retail perks, I can't exactly duplicate Nutella's strategy because Renato's not allowed to restock store merchandise.
  Instead, after the store closes, he and Phoebe go around to "Remove Sign" on all sold items.
  Phoebe will be recycling the "small, cheap stuff" that remains.

*Too many customers!: Dealing with customers at a low markup is extremely easy.
  They only need 1-2 interactions before they're ready to make a purchase.
  Now that Renato has the Faster Checkouts (Large) perk, he'll try to sell his big dumpster items.
  I wonder if things will go more smoothly or if he'll end up only making 2-3 sales every session. *sighs
  Would he have fewer customers at a time if he had fewer items on display for sale?

*Bicycles: I like all child sims to learn to ride a bicycle.
  Is it even possible to find bicycles for children in the dumpsters?
  Renato has found four bicycles so far, giving one of them to Phoebe.
  He'll be trading in his other three "grownup bikes" for ones that support children.
  Does that seem fair to you?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2024, 02:54:46 AM »
Wow - just wow! Congratulations to Renato on completing his requirements. Dawn is at least 2 if not 3 weeks behind! He's done so well, he really does deserve to relax in the pool.

The kids are all gorgeous and Geeky Winona is harvesting plants... Did I miss the reason why in this episode or is it still to be revealed?

Well done, Watcher :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2024, 03:20:55 AM »
Wow - just wow! Congratulations to Renato on completing his requirements. Dawn is at least 2 if not 3 weeks behind! He's done so well, he really does deserve to relax in the pool.

The kids are all gorgeous and Geeky Winona is harvesting plants... Did I miss the reason why in this episode or is it still to be revealed?

Well done, Watcher :)

Haha, Renato is done because he doesn't have any town-wide requirements to complete like Dawn does!
As for why Winona is harvesting plants, that is yet to be revealed. :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2024, 02:25:47 PM »
Congrats on completing your first gen requirements! The only downside is that (I think) it means we'll be moving away from Renato and Pheobe, which makes me a little sad because I just love them. I'm secretly hoping they will get immortal potions and stick around like Prince did . . . well, I guess that's not secret anymore, is it?

The kids are just adorable, and like all your children, quite ambitious and accomplished.
I love the house - simple but effective.
Can't wait to see what Winona will be up to!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2024, 04:17:48 PM »
Congrats on completing your first gen requirements! The only downside is that (I think) it means we'll be moving away from Renato and Pheobe, which makes me a little sad because I just love them. I'm secretly hoping they will get immortal potions and stick around like Prince did . . . well, I guess that's not secret anymore, is it?

The kids are just adorable, and like all your children, quite ambitious and accomplished.
I love the house - simple but effective.
Can't wait to see what Winona will be up to!

With my Misturas, I really liked having Prince and his wife be immortals so all his descendants could eventually drop by and check in with him.
Unfortunately, Renato's lot is only a 30x20 so it's not as welcoming a place for guests like Prince's home was.
Even if Renato were to replace the pool and pond with a more hospitable patio area out back, Renato's home will be hard put to function as the ancestral gathering spot.
Hmmm, maybe Winona's home could eventually serve that function, though.

I like my heirs to have every advantage before aging up to a teen, and I end up having all the siblings do the same.
Except that Winona's the only sibling who completed Social Butterfly.
I'm looking forward to playing Winona as she moves out and builds a life of her own.  She's a bit of a Daddy's girl, though, and won't move right after her teen birthday...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.7: Winona, Aspiration Assassin (12 May 24)
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2024, 12:37:08 PM »
1.7: Winona, Aspiration Assassin

Sunday, Week 7 (early autumn))
Renato: Our whole family was quite busy last week, starting with our kids aging up to children on Monday.
That afternoon, I expanded our 64-tile home into a two-story, 3-bedroom, two-bathroom home.
Tuesday, I noticed I had the Smog Vacuum blueprint, maxed my career, and completed Eco Innovator.
We worked at our shop for three days until we could buy the Faster Checkouts (Large) retail perk on Friday.
Saturday, I built a pool in our backyard, which completed my last remaining requirement as founder.
After that, we immediately traveled here to Granite Fall's' Sunny Day Campground for a well-deserved vacation
From L to R: Chico, Winona, me, Phoebe, and Chico's twin Wangari

Winona: Before Papa starts telling you about our Sunday, I have some great news to share.
Since I'm trying to collect every plant and tree, I obviously want all 10 Granite Falls herbs.
Yesterday was the last day of summer, but I managed to collect all 10 as "unidentified herbs."
That's me harvesting a Morel or False Morel Mushroom in the Hermit's garden.
Of course, I need to be a teen to identify them, but now I won't need to wait until summer of Year 2!

Renato: Winona, when you move out, I want you to take with you the camping items that can be fished up in Granite Falls.
We should be able to catch a Cooler her along the Campground's river.
Winona: With Mama and the twins downstream, all of us have been fishing at this river for a second day in a row.
How long do we fish here before we give up and go to the National Park area?
Renato: We're done here! Your mother just caught a Chillville Portable Cooler!

Chico: Is it really possible to catch an Easy Camper Tent from this fishing spot in the National Park area?
Phoebe: Yes, it's a fact. Watcher's seen it with her own eyes.
Wangiri: This is our second afternoon fishing here, Mama. We must be really unlucky!
Phoebe: Don't give up! The small tent's a bit of a rare catch.

Winona: This Deep Forest area is really cool, Papa, but I give up fishing for a Shower Tarp!
Today is New Skill Day so I want to go level up my Violin or Charisma skill.
Chico: I'm tired of fishing for today, too, Papa! I'm going to go practice riding my bicycle!
And by the way, thank you for getting us new bicycles!
Renato (to himself): Not sure I want to spend a third day fishing for the tent and the shower…

Wangiri: Papa was so sure one of us would fish up a tent, but nobody did!
Chico and Winona actually went to sleep in the Hermit's bed. (Where's the Hermit, anyway?)
I guess I'll just sleep here on the log…
Phoebe: Wake up, sweetheart. You can't sleep here. We're all going back to the campground now.

Monday
Phoebe: This is a vacation so I'm gonna enjoy running around catching insects!
Renato: Hey, you're really good at that. Maybe you should try catching all the insects!
winona: No, thank you!!! I wouldn't mind coming to Granite Falls again, though.
You know, we shoulda had a slumber party first so we'd all have sleeping bags for camping!

Renato: We've spent most of the day in the National Park area.
While the kids practice riding their bikes, Phoebe and I continue fishing.
Just when we're to give up, I catch a small tent!
Time to end this vacation and head home.

Tuesday
Renato: How many aspirations have you completed so far, Winona?
Winona: Three so far. I meet all the requirements to age up early, but I'm not ready yet.
Renato: I'm glad to hear that. I'm not ready for you to become a teen and move out.
Winona: Well, I want to host a slumber party and learn to ride a bike. Maybe another family vacay?

Renato: I'd planned to open the shop after the kids left for school, but I change my mind.
I've been a Virtuoso spellcaster since last week but have yet to learn all the spells and potions.
So I practice magic until I only need to learn two spells in each magic category and 3 potions.
Once the kids are back, I take everyone with me to the Magical Realm.

Wednesday
Renato: With our employee Caleb, we open the store for 12 hours and make only six sales.
At a 50% markup, we earn a whopping §6,132 profit.
Our biggest issue is not being able to interact with the customers in a timely manner.
I just want to sell off the store's inventory at this point. Could we do that in two days when the kids are teens?
Once I've sold off my remaining inventory, I'll consider my generation truly complete.

Winona: Wangari and Chico became Playtime Captains yesterday, completing their Mind & Body aspiration today.
I've spent less time on my bicycle because, whereve4r we go, I'm always checking for new harvestables.
But I complete Playtime Captain (my fifth aspiration) after school today.
When I get home, Papa and I plan a Slumber Party for Friday night.

Thursday
Winona: Papa, why did you wake me so early to come camp out at the Sprucewood Maker Space?
Renato: Well, I just remembered that various townies come garden in the planters here.
And I recall seeing some of those mushrooms from the HoB, but they were never harvestable.

Winona: Oh, so if we're here before 5 am, I can harvest all the mature plants on this lot, right?
But is it okay that I'm starting my collection while I still live at home?
Renato: I don't see why not! You're not spending our household funds to buy seeds.
(Watcher: I was excited that Winona would get to harvest those Nightly Mushrooms.
However, I checked them oftent between 4 and 6 5-6 am; it was never harvestable. Sadness.

Renato: You still have 90 minutes before school, so let's visit the Community Garden in Grims Quarry.
Winona: Oh no, look! All of its indoor and outdoor planters are completely empty!
Renato: Sorry, kid. After voting to turn this community space into a Community Garden, I never spent any time here.
Winona: It's okay, Papa. I got a lot of good seeds at the Sprucewood Maker Space today.

Winona: How do you do, ma'am. My name's Winona Costa. Papa tells me you run a gardening business in Finchwick.
I can't wait to visit you when I'm older. Please accept this Finchwick Favor!
Agatha: What a dear you are! You be sure to come visit me, Winona!
When you're a teen or older, my cousin and I would love your help with a few of our errands.

Winona: I got so caught up talking with Miss Crumplebottom about gardening, that I missed school!
Papa and I rushed home by 8:10 am, but it was too late for me to leave for school.
My Responsibility's dropped out of range, so Papa suggests I do a school project.
He had one left over from when he was in high school.

Winona: On a hunch, I go back to the Sprucewood Maker Space at 9:30 pm and hang out by the planters.
I really want to harvest that Nightly Mushroom! It'll be harder in the wild because it won't be sheltered.
Aha, just as I'd thought: I had to arrive here before 10 pm. The Nightly Mushrooms became harvestable at 10: 45 pm!
Gotchu, you wily mushroom you

Friday
Winona: First, Papa scheduled our slumber party for 5 am, then he scheduled it twice for 5 pm but as a non-goaled party.
Renato: Sorry, Winona. I've had a lot on my plate lately. But hey, here's a TV I found for your Watch TV together party goal.
Chico: That ole thing? Why aren't we watching that huge, flat-screen TV you found last week?
Renato: Obviously, I'm going to try to sell that one!

Winona: This is my classmate Braylon Talla.
He's a Green Fiend while I love the outdoors, so we have lots in common!
He lives with his grandparents and parents, Duane and Morgan Talla, in Countryside Windenburg.
I'd forgotten to craft a Friendship Bracelet in advance and we weren't Good Friends yet.
But I'm finally able to exchange Friendship Bracelets with Braylon!

Renato (surrepitiously checks his family tree then whispers to himself): Nope, he's not mine.

Winona: Our place isn't the best place for a slumber party because it's cramped indoors and outdoors!
Braylon lives in a huge house so I wanted to have the slumber party there.
But Papa refused, insisting that it would be awkward.  But why? We don't even know that household!
Telling three stories from my sleeping bag takes forever but we're finally ready to call it a night.

Saturday
Winona: Before the slumber party, my Charisma had been nearly level 3.
Earning a gold medal, though, raises my Charisma to nearly freaking level 9!  Can you believe it?
And since I did most of the work for the party, Papa says I can keep all the party rewards.
I love the new sleeping bag designs! And now I'll need to go toddler camping, too. Uh, when I have toddlers…
By the way, Slumber Party Animal marks my 7th completed aspiration, all except Creative Genius!

Chico: What are we doing on Deadgrass Isle in Brindleton Bay, Dad?
Wangiri (whispers): I bet it has something to do with Winona's plant collection!
Phoebe: Actually, your father and I came to visit the lighthouse here. We hear the view from the top is fabulous!
Wangiri: Ooooh, we want to climb to the top, too!

Renato: Sorry, kids! The lighthouse's stairs are very old and unstable.
You should stay here near the museum, okay?
Wangiri: Yeah, I guess we can…hey, where did Winona and Braylon go?
Chico: Who cares? Let's go fishing, sis! I bet I can catch more fish than you can!

Braylon: Thanks for inviting me along, Winona! Your family's so chill!
I live with my grandparents, my parents, an auntie, an evil twin, and a toddler sister.
Hanging out with you is so peaceful and calm!
Winona: You're welcome to come hang out with us anytime, Braylon!
You're my Bracelet Buddy AND my BFF!
Hey, my teen birthday's on Monday. You wanna age up with me?

Gallery Downloads
 *Campground (30x20, rental): "Sunny Day Campground" by SimLicy.
  This delightful lot originally fit 7 sims in a large tent (4), small tent (2), and single bed.
  After my editing, it has the large tent (for 2), two small tents (for 2x2), and a bunk bed.
  My other additions: chess table, picnic table, and cheap candle lighting.

Progress: End of Week 7

Notes
*Winona's Harvestable collection: Winona will try her best to collect all harvestables without buying them.
  Every approach is okay, including grafting, fishing, Patchy, community gardens, errands, gnomes, and the Flower Bunny.
  She may NEVER harvest plants from her parents' garden, though she's allowed to tend it.
  No buying seeds or seed packets until she lives on her own. (Plants from the Seasons pack don't grow in the wild.)

*Total harvestables: I count a total of 94 "plants."
  Shannon's incredibly helpful TS4 Collections spreadsheet lists 92 plants, among which I replaced Spring Onion with Grape.
  I also added Moonpetal (Werewolves pack) and Crystal Tree (Crystal Creations pack) for a total of 94.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.7: Winona, Aspiration Assassin (12 May 24)
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2024, 01:38:12 PM »
Congrats on all the Aspirations, Winona. When I saw the title, I thought she was announcing her Generation Challenge. One that I knew nothing about, lol!
Will she be taking Patchy with her? Or is that even possible?

It feels like a sad time, tidying up Renato and Phoebe's belongings and house, getting ready to move on. But I'm looking forward to seeing Winona's adventures - in HoB? I think Mrs Crumplebottom gave us a hint. And it looks like Braylon may be her chosen spouse! Excellent progress, Watcher!