Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.1: Starting Out in Sulani (10 Sep '24)  (Read 25446 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6.9: Cupid Daniel! (2 Sep '24)
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2024, 08:38:09 PM »
6.9: Cupid Daniel!

Sunday, Week 41, Year 4 (mid-summer)
Gisele: Last week, I made zero progress with my heir requirements. Oh well.
Our children, on the other hand, are a completely different story.
They all aged up to children, became Llamacorn Scouts, and completed several aspirations each.
Our eldest twins, Xinia and Zita, don't have much to do now. I hope they enjoy board games or crafts.
From L to 4: Ines, Vitor (Gen7 heir), Xinia, Daniel & me, Zita and Yago

Daniel: You're going to become a very attractive sim, Vitor.  I think it's time we had The Talks.
Vitor: Oh, you mean The Woohoo Talk?  Great-Great-Grandpa Thyme gave me that talk. Sooooo awkward!
Daniel: No, I'd like to discuss Healthy Relationships and Positive Romance Dynamics…
Vitor: Already? Listen, Papa, all I really want right now is to learn how to ride a bicycle.

Vitor: Thanks, Papa. You're the best.  I asked Mama but she ignored me…three times.
Daniel: Yeah, I figured. Every time she ignores you, Watcher makes her do a rocket ship ugrade. I help her, of course.
Vitor: I really appreciate your help, Papa! Once I practice riding for four hours, I need to do a second school project, too!

Xinia (orange): This fishing is gonna get old real fast, y'know?
Zita (blue): Yeah, but puzzles are even worse.  What can we do instead?
Xinia: Well, I considered joining the Drama Club but that might be too much work.
Zita: What about earning brownie points by helping with the garden?

Ines: FINALLY! I learn to ride a bicycle before Yago and Vitor do!
But my brothers have always waited for me to catch up.
So, after I'm the first to finish my 2nd school project, I'll help them with theirs!

Monday
Vitor: It's nearly 4 am when I learn to ride a bicycle this morning!
Papa helped me twice and GGG Thyme helped me once.
When I asked GGG Thyme for help, I got in range to earn the Mediator character trait. Why?
Also, Mama has completely upgraded the rocket ship except for that Wormhole Generator. Serves her right!

Yago (black): This afternoon, we'll be coming home as A students.
Ines: (yellow) You got that right!
Vitor (white): For sure!

Vitor: Do you remember when we first met last week when I was working on my Sociability badge?
Amina: Not a huge surprise, though, since we're neighbors and schoolmates.
Vitor: I'm just glad I met you before my brother Yago did. Hey, wanna be BFFs?
Amina: Yeah, sure! What about Bracelet Buddies, too?
Vitor (quickly changes the subject): So, how do you like grade school so far?

Tuesday
Ines: Why are we gardening before school, Yago? Aren't we, like, doing grown-up work?
Yago: Yeah, but maybe if you and I help with chores, we won't have to do infinite puzzles like our sisters.
Ines: You don't like puzzles?
Yago: It's not like that I dislike puzzles, Ines. I simply like having choices, you know?  We're choosing to garden!
And if we sell what we harvest, we'll be Fabulously Wealthy teens, so win-win.

Jorge: Hey, thanks for inviting me to hang out at Media Naranja park, even though we both live so near it.
Vitor: Yeah, I didn't feel like hanging out around parents, y'know what I mean?  Anyway, you're pretty cool!
Jorge: We have amaaaazing compatibility, too. And now we're BFFs!
Vitor: You're my favorite, Jorge! *hugs
Jorge: Oh please! My sister Amina told me you asked her to be BFFs yesterday.
Vitor: True but Amina and I only have good compatibility and, um, I didn't tell her she's my favorite yo.

Vitor: Mama, can we plan a Slumber Party for Friday night? And can I co-host?
Gisele: Sure. I'll phone it in. Let's see, I have the Practiced Host trait so you and I can co-host. Does that work for you?
Xinia: Bruh! Not you inviting Yago and Ines but un-inviting Zita and me!
Vitor: Sorry! I can only invite 8 guests so I had to remove you two, Papa, and our cousins from the guest list.
Besides Yago and Ines, I've invited one girl and five boys. Eh, it's your fault for not meeting any boys at school!
You and Zita are older than us! YOU should've been introducing your school friends to US!

Wednesday
Gisele: Hey, we still haven't tried out that Costume Trunk together!
Daniel: Now's our chance, since the kids are at school until 3.
Gisele: When I chose "Couples Costume," this wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
Daniel: That's a relief, babe. For a second, I was worried that you chose these costumes for us…

Daniel: Now, this is what I'm talking about! *asks Gisele to dance

Gisele: Um, why do I get the feeling that you have A LOT more moves than I do?
Daniel: Who me?
Gisele: Don't mind me, hon. I'll be over here swaying my hips while you burn down the house.

Daniel: These maid and butler costumes are fun, too.
Gisele: Not sure we should both be dressed as domestics, though.
The kids will be home soon, so we'll have to try out more costumes tomorrow.
Daniel: Let's not ever let them take vacation days from school, Gisele!

Thursday
Gisele: Vitor found an old ring while fishing across the street last night but couldn't find the Ring Bear.
Vitor: You know the bear, right? Did you try to Focus the Camera on them?
Gisele: Oh, you're right! The bear's sleeping at the fountain. I'll help Vitor look for the bear after school.
Vitor: I wonder if children can complete the Ring Bear's quest, though.

Gisele: I don't know, Daniel. I was expecting a little more from the Fightfighter's costume.
Can you remove the hat and goggles?
Daniel: Please don't be offended, Gisele. But your catfish costume is really creeping me out.
Gisele: I guess your pirate costume is okay.

Gisele: Are we conservatives at heart, love?
I love this scenario of a Victorian lady with her butler.
Daniel: You look elegant, Gisele.  I've never lived in a home with a butler before.
Not sure why I wear gloves but roll up my shirtsleeves…

Daniel: We're on our last milestone for Soulmate. Let's go on a date at Media Naranja park!
Gisele: Would you mind terribly wearing that Cupid costume again? You in that outfit might be my new favorite thing.
Daniel: Here in the park gazebo? Well, okay, but only if you wear it, too.
Gisele: Awww, you earned the Companion reward trait from completing Soulmates! 

Vitor (to himself): Too bad! All I can do is give the Ring Bear a pity hug but can't ask about the ring I fished up.
Ring bear: *sobs tragically
Vitor: Don't be sad, blue bear! I'm sad, too. My parents are wasting this week's screenshots on their stupid cosplay.
I won't be able to include enough screenshots of tomorrow night's Slumber Party. Now, that's sad!

Friday
Daniel: I'm going to whip up some snacks for tonight's Slumber Party.
Gisele: Love this apron look on you, babe, but nothing beats Cupid Daniel!
Cupid Daniel's my new obsession. In fact, when you're done with those cookies…
Vitor at school (mutters): They better not be doing that weird cosplay thing again…

Vitor: My guests were all here, but Mama had to reschedule because she didn't select a goaled event.
The guests all go home then come back here, so the party takes a while to get started.
Darn, I forgot to invite our neighbor, Theo Aguilar!  Maybe we can throw a birthday party next week?

I ask Jorge Xicotencatl to exchange Friendship Bracelets.
No need to worry about Jorge's sister Amina.
My brother Yago met her at school the other and has been showering her with attention.
He seems pretty crazy about Amina, so I hope she returns his feelings.

Oddly, it takes me longer to tell my 3rd "sleeping bag story" than to earn a gold medal.
But it finally happens!
The gold-medal Slumber Party completes my Slumber Party Animal aspiration and maxes my Charisma. Sweet!

Saturday
Vitor: While enjoying some Sweet & Sour Eggplant, I'm thinking I've gotten really good at using chopsticks.
When I finish my meal, I get a nice surprise: I'm Chopstick Savvy!
(In case you're wondering, Papa made me several platters of non-spoiling Mabo Dofu with Pork on my recent birthday.
I keep them in my inventory and, whenever it's mealtime or I'm hungry, that's all I've been eating.)

Gisele: We've run out of space to share screenshots, but I want you to know that completed Soulmates this afternoon.
Next week's filled with changes! Xinia and Zita age up to teens tomorrow while Vitor, Yago, and Ines become teens on Wednesday.
Next week also marks the last week of summer, so I'm getting closer to those autumn Leaf Piles!
Once I complete my requirements in autumn, I wonder how long Vitor plans to stay at home before striking out on his own...

The Gen6 household
Home: Calle de Ensueño, Plaza Mariposa (Ciudad Enamorada)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug, Outgoing (+Self-Assured)
Spouse: Daniel (Gomez); Children: Xinia & Zita; Vitor & Yago; Ines

Daniel (Gomez) Costa (Gen6 spouse) - YA
Traits: Creative, Foodie, Music Lover (+Perfectionist, Loves the Outdoors)

Xinia Costa (Gen7 spare) - Child (1 day to Teen)
Traits: Self-Assured

Zita Costa (Gen7 spare) - Child (1 day to Teen)
Traits: Perfectionist

Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - Child (4 days to Teen)
Traits: Outgoing

Yago Costa (Gen7 spare) -Child (4 days to Teen)
Traits: Neat

Ines Costa (Gen7 spare) - Child (4 days to Teen)
Traits: Creative

Progress: End of Week 41
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Aspirations: Originally, Vitor was planning to complete five aspirations.
  But I was reminded by Granny Lawlor's recent update that Vitor can't switch aspirations once he's the active heir.
  That is, once he chooses an aspiration, he can't switch it until he completes it.
  So he'll aim for four aspirations instead of five (unless he has extra time later).

*Vitor's friends Amina and Jorge: These twins' father is the Lovestruck pack's premade sim Yoltic Xicotenkatl.
  No wonder they're so attractive!

*Party invites: Looks like the way party invites work has changed. Before, only grown-up hosts could invite guests.
  Gisele phoned in the Slumber Party with Vitor as her co-host.
  When choosing guests, sims known to Vitor but not to Gisele could also be chosen.
  Vitor still returned later to edit the guest list, replacing one guest with another one.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #271 on: September 03, 2024, 02:28:14 AM »
OK- that gnomes couples costume had me laughing out loud - a problem when it's only 6am here and others are asleep! Soooo funny! They look ready for snoozing, not playing.

Question re slumber party invites - did Vitor being the host still tick off the "attend slumber party" aspiration goal? Or did that complete on the first one? The mechanics of attending/scheduling/hosting vs completing the aspiration always confuse me.

Not being able to change aspirations before completing them during the random gen completely threw me. I'd got so used to hopping between them all.

The other thing is not running constant Clubs with Rally The Troops. The weeks go quickly with them sleeping and eating... I've got Rally The Troops in the task-specific club but only run it when Amy actually doing the task and not through the night. In some ways I quite enjoy it - a reminder of old-school Sim play.

Roll on Autumn for your Sims....The kids won't be happy though...if their parents mess up leaf piles that they've swept up, lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #272 on: September 03, 2024, 01:39:05 PM »
OK- that gnomes couples costume had me laughing out loud - a problem when it's only 6am here and others are asleep! Soooo funny! They look ready for snoozing, not playing.

Question re slumber party invites - did Vitor being the host still tick off the "attend slumber party" aspiration goal? Or did that complete on the first one? The mechanics of attending/scheduling/hosting vs completing the aspiration always confuse me.

Not being able to change aspirations before completing them during the random gen completely threw me. I'd got so used to hopping between them all.

The other thing is not running constant Clubs with Rally The Troops. The weeks go quickly with them sleeping and eating... I've got Rally The Troops in the task-specific club but only run it when Amy actually doing the task and not through the night. In some ways I quite enjoy it - a reminder of old-school Sim play.

Roll on Autumn for your Sims....The kids won't be happy though...if their parents mess up leaf piles that they've swept up, lol

The Costume Trunk is such a silly feature and I really love it! The gnome costumes are so clunky, though, that I couldn't get any good screenshots of Gisele & Daniel's romantic socials.
The "Ask to Seductive Dance" animation was what had me literally laughing out loud.  It's so over the top and ridiculous! Daniel is not muscular but he still makes a smoking Cupid!

About Slumber Party Animal, I always have the heir co-host because, if I remember the have the child heir selected when the event earns a gold medal, the heir will gain up to 3-4 Charisma levels, which is huge.
Vitor (as co-host) and both Yago and Ines (as guests) all completed the "Attend slumber party" task at the first, brief non-goaled event.
If the first attempt had been goaled, the result would've been the same. Btw, Gisele scheduled both slumber parties using the Calendar, using "Now" as the 2nd attempt's starting time.
In previous generations, both the co-host heir and their sibling guest have completed Slumber Party Animal.
In Vitor's case, I had his siblings help with the "Tell Stories from Sleeping Bag 0/2" party goal, but only had Vitor tell 3 stories to complete the aspiration.

Oh! I'd decided on Vitor's post-moveout sequence of aspirations already but hadn't considered the effect of the no-switching-aspirations rule on Vitor's offspring.
Just now, I considered replacing the generation following Vitor's to an easier set of heir requirements. I don't need to decide until Vitor reaches baby-making stage, I guess...
Question: Is Amy doing laundry or was your mention of your "childing doing laundry every morning" a reference to your real-life family?

Haha, I have never ever paid any attention at all to leaf piles in autumn, lol!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #273 on: September 03, 2024, 05:01:50 PM »
Amy did the laundry before gen 7 aged up to children but now Rory & Blaze do that duty. They do it every morning first thing.

They are spoilt though. Having rolled the single but "useless" help (?) the Butler and Maid usually complete it if someone starts the chore.

My main challenge with the laundry is the Playful buff the warm clothes give the family. I'm getting many hysterical incidents.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2024, 05:24:36 PM »
Amy did the laundry before gen 7 aged up to children but now Rory & Blaze do that duty. They do it every morning first thing.

They are spoilt though. Having rolled the single but "useless" help (?) the Butler and Maid usually complete it if someone starts the chore.

My main challenge with the laundry is the Playful buff the warm clothes give the family. I'm getting many hysterical incidents.

Thank you for responding. Gah, guess Vitor and family will be doing the laundry, too. @sadness
Doing it first thing every morning makes for a nice routine, though. We'll try that, too!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2024, 07:00:36 AM »
Really, Vitor?  Amina is a redhead.  A redhead!  There's just no accounting for taste.
Seriously, though, a lovely update!  The part with Daniel trying to have "the talk" and Vitor just being all, "Can I just be a kid and ride a bike, please?" was pretty great!  Of course, the fourth wall breaking with Vitor's commentary on his parents using up all the screenshot space with the "cosplay" time was absolutely delightful!  Of course, the gnome costumes were an absolute bit of ridiculous joy  :=)
Another fantastic update, Watcher!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2024, 02:51:15 PM »
Really, Vitor?  Amina is a redhead.  A redhead!  There's just no accounting for taste.
Seriously, though, a lovely update!  The part with Daniel trying to have "the talk" and Vitor just being all, "Can I just be a kid and ride a bike, please?" was pretty great!  Of course, the fourth wall breaking with Vitor's commentary on his parents using up all the screenshot space with the "cosplay" time was absolutely delightful!  Of course, the gnome costumes were an absolute bit of ridiculous joy  :=)
Another fantastic update, Watcher!

Thank you for your compliment but this update mainly soaked up time until Vitor ages up to a teen and can start on his own requirements.
There's a reason that Vitor didn't choose Amina which may or may not pan out, depending on what traits Amina and her borther gain later in life.
But, as heir, Vitor will have the pick of the litter--so to speak--and his brother Yago (also a redhead) just wants someone to love so Vitor stepped aside for Yago and Amina to become Bracelet Buddies.

Yes, that Costume Trunk offered some hilarious fun. It was a struggle to choose which screenshots to include and which to let go, haha. 
Vitor will be a teen soon in my game and I'm so excited! He'll no doubt appreciate the Costume Trunk when he's older....)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6.10: Birthdays, BIrthdays, Birthdays! (5 Sep '24)
« Reply #277 on: September 05, 2024, 09:35:11 PM »
6.10: Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

Sunday, Week 42, Year 4 (late summer)
Gisele: Last week, Xinia and Zita did puzzles while waiting for this teen birthday this morning.
Meanwhile, Vitor, Yago, and Inez learned to bikes and finished their aspirations.
Daniel and I discovered the Costume Trunk, fell in love all over again, and completed tour Soulmates aspirations.
Another week passed without my being asked to appear in the Dating Reality TV's Seven Wild Dates segment.
From L to R: Ines, Vitor, Xinia, Daniel & me, Zit (Xinia's twin)a, and Yago (Vitor's twin)

Zita (blue):It's our birthday so where are our parents? 
Xinia: Mama's tending the garden and Papa's out volunteering with Vitor. Let's age up ourselves!
Xinia: I'm a Self-Assured plus a Music Lover now. I think I look a lot like Papa., don't you?
Zita: I'm Perfectionist plus Materialistic.  We're twins but I think I look more like Mama.
Watcher: I love Xinia's gentle features. If she'd had red hair, she would've been the next heir.
But that's the way the genetic cookie crumbles.

Vitor: Don't tell Mama, but you're favorite, Papa! Thanks for taking me volunteering all morning!
Daniel: Well, I shouldn't have favorites, either, so don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite, too!
Look at you with all your character values so high! I'm so proud of how focused you've been!
Vitor: Can you take me volunteering one more time, Papa?  I've never tried the Beach Cleanup.

Yago: Well, shoot! I didn't know I could "Tell Stories from a Sleeping Bag" even without a Slumber Party going on!
Vitor: Too bad Mama didn't schedule a non-goaled Slumber Party earlier!
Yago: We coulda told our two stories after a non-goaled party then saved our third story for the goaled one.
Vitor: *makes note to self for when he has children

Monday
Gisele: Do you think we've focused too much of our effort and attention on Vitor because he's the next heir?
Daniel: I don't think so. Vitor will be moving out alone as a teen. He'll need every advantage to keep it together.
Anyway, we're crafting easels for all our girls so they can make paintings to sell on Plopsy.
Gisele: You're right. When Xinia and Zita find their special someones, they'll be able to move out in style.
Daniel: I saw Ines exchange Friendship Bracelets with a spellcaster boy, Cecil Takeuchi. He seemed like a nice boy.

Yago: Why are we playing Don't Wake the Llama instead of completing the other sets of puzzles?
Daniel: Because I checked and the other sets are only the same images in smaller sizes.
Yago: Yeah, I don't want to do the same 21 puzzles in the three smaller sizes.
Ines: So we're just gonna play Don't Wake the Llama until Wednesday? That's no fun!

Vitor: Mama gave me her old Food Stand so I tried selling Iced Tea at a yard sale tonight.
My first customers are Auntie Camila and Jorge's father Yoltic. They don't seem so happy to see me, though.
I only earn §1,920 but every simoleon counts! And, once I'm a teen, I can cook food to sell.

Tuesday
Zita: After meeting the Principal and surviving an uneventful school day, we roll up to ThrifTea.
Xinia: After some socializing, we each find two Prom Date prospects.

Zita: I'm chatting with Neil Rainstorm from Evergreen Harbor when Riley Zi arrives at ThrifTea.
I have good compatibility with both Neil (Freegan, Maker) and Riley (Geek, Loves the Outdoors).
Vitor (texting): Hey sis, Watcher told me to tell you that Riley's off-limits. Choose Neil!

Zita: Well, Neil and I don't have mutual crushes or anything, but he seems excited about my not-as-friends Prom invite.

Xinia: Although I find Ryker more attractive, I immediately crush on Raphael.
It's just as well. Ryker's a Socially Awkward Dog Lover, while Raphael's Clumsy and Self-Assured.
When I ask Raphael to Prom, he shoots me down. Then he turns around and asks me to Prom "as friends."
Whatever, I'll take it. He's a Jeong and I'd love to live in Del Sol Valley.

Wednesday
Vitor: We take a vacation day from grade school to age up!
Yago: Papa, thanks for blowing your green celebration horn!
Ines: Um, Mama? Where are you? Don't you care about our birthday?
Gisele: I'm coming, I'm coming!

Vitor: Yago and I are still identical twins, but I'm an Outgoing Foodie.
Yago: And I'm a Neat Lovebug.
Ines: I've added Generous to my Creative trait.
Gisele: Your father and I have a birthday coming, too! On Friday, we'll be drinking Potions of Youth!

Thursday
Yago: Naturally, I invite over my Bracelet Buddy, Amina Xicotencatl, and age her up today.
She's a Proper sim who's now also Materialistic. And today, she's become my BFF and Prom Date!
Ines: I do the same with my Bracelet Bud, Cecil Takeuchi. Oddly, his second trait is Materialistic, too.
Yago: Yo Vitor! Your Bracelet Bud is Amina's brother, Jorge. Aren't you going to age hi up, too?
Vitor: Nah. I thought they were twins but he's much younger than Amina. I got other plans for Prom.

Friday
Yago: Whose brilliant idea was it to actively attend school today?
Vitor: Sorry, I was so caught up trying to do a gazillion things yesterday, I completely forgot that today's Exam Day.
Yago: Yeah, well, we won't have time to Study for Exams before the first class. I guess we can keep Studying at lunch.
Vitor: I only have one Prom prospect so I wanted to meet new kids at school today, not Study for Exam. Sheesh!

Vitor: Hi, my name's Vitor Costa. I saw you arrive at school so you must be in the other classroom.
Nadia: Hey, I'm Nadia Aguilar. My father Manuel says your father's a really cool guy. Something about eggplants!?
Vitor (to himself): She's a Romantically Reserved Genius. Our compatibility is neutral but I crush on her right away.
Listen, Nadia, I know it seems last minute but I only aged up to a teen on Wednesday. Wanna go to Prom with me?
Nadia: Sounds delightful!
Vitor: Cool! See you then. I gotta go and finish studying for the afternoon Exam.

Vitor: I wanted to invite Nadia on a Get-to-Know-You Date tonight, but there's not enough time.
After school's the first day at my part-time Fast Food job from 5 to 9 pm.
Back home, I immediately travel to the Magic HQ for the first time to meet the Sages.
I'm in such a hurry, I don't even bother to change out of my work uniform. Ugh!

Saturday
Vitor: I've been working on my Appliance Wiz aspiration since yesterday and I only have one task left now!
It's not easy trying to get anything done in our busy household.
My sisters (especially Ines) don't have anything to do and they often make me drop my cooking queues. So annoying!
When I have a family, I definitely don't want one as big as this!

Vitor: I can't find my date Nadia, so I autonomous sit and chat with Blair Joyson (blond on right).
Ines is trying hard to romance Cecil (blond on left) and Xinia is trying to woo Raphael (brunette).
But instead of focusing on their girls, the boys choose to sit with Blair and me.
Xinia (orange): I thought Raphael would come sit and chat with me at this other table. So rude!
Watcher: This was hands-down the worst Prom ever! Five couples are too many to manage.

Vitor: I finally find my Prom Date! Nadia's chatting with a suss dude by a photo booth surrounded by bushes. WTH?
I was going to ask her to take a photo with me, but now I'm not in the mood for photo booths or romance.
We do exchange friendly socials, though, and I ask her to be BFFs.
Instead of romancing Nadia, I'll just socialize with other Prom guests. No slow dancing for me!

Vitor: Do you remember when Xinia and Zita went to ThirfTea to find Prom Dates?
I was actually there, too. I'd planned to sell Iced Tea there but changed my mind.
Anyway, that's where I first met Riley Zi. I surprise him tonight because I'm a teen now.
But he surprises me with that greeting. What kind of greeting is that!?

W: I've queued up romantic socials for everybody except Vitor.
Yago: Look, how nice! Ines and Raphael are autonomously slow dancing!
Oh wait Raphael is Xinia's crush! What the heck does Ines think she's doing?
Don't you know, Ines? Your first slow dance should be with your own Prom Date!

Xinia (furious): Does it feel good to humiliate me by slow dancing with my crush, Ines?
Ines: I don't even know him. I don't understand how we ended up dancing together.
Xinia: You should have politely declined the dance invite, you ho!  I'm never talking to you again!

Yago (left): What a surprise to be voted Prom Royalty!
Cecil (right): Yeah, I was so sure Vitor would win and you'd be voted Prom Jester.
But I hear he wanted you to be Prom Royalty.

Among my sisters, Zita has the best evening with her love interest Neil Rainstorm.
Yago and Zita have the highest romantic relationships with their love interests, but not high enough to be Partners.
As you've probably already guess, I'll be moving out next week and Yago will eventually inherit the house.
Watcher originally wanted each of our sisters to move into a house of their own with their spouses.
The new plan might be to let MCCC decide our sisters' fates.
Ines: Harsh!
Zita: Oh please, Ines! You're the reason Watcher gave up on Xinia and I finding true love and romance! You ruined everything!

The Gen6 household
Home: Calle de Ensueño, Plaza Mariposa (Ciudad Enamorada)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug, Outgoing (+Self-Assured, Perfectionist)
Spouse: Daniel (Gomez); Children: Xinia & Zita; Vitor & Yago; Ines

Daniel (Gomez) Costa (Gen6 spouse) - YA
Traits: Creative, Foodie, Music Lover (+Perfectionist, Loves the Outdoors)

Teens (15 days to YA)
Xinia Costa (Gen7 spare) - Self-Assured, Music Lover
Zita Costa (Gen7 spare) - Perfectionist, Materialistic

Teens (18 days to YA)
Vitor Costa (Gen7 heir) - Outgoing, Foodie
Yago Costa (Gen7 spare) - Neat, Lovebug
Ines Costa (Gen7 spare) - Creative, Generous

Progress: End of Week 41

Previous Generations

Notes
*Removing the last requirement: I'd wanted Gisele to join the Seven Wild Dates challenge on TV.
  But she never got the phone call. Could it be that only single sims are eligible?

*Randomizing personality traits: I haven't used Pinstar's trait generator at all for the Gen7 kids.
  It's not updated for the Lovestruck pack, so I've switched to James Turner's trait randomizer.

*Easier completion of the Slumber Party Animal aspiration:
  This is my new future strategy for completing Slumber Party Animal without having to feel so rushed.
  I will be trying it out on the next generation of children (Vitor's offspring).
  (1) Throw a non-goaled Slumber Party to complete "Attend a Slumber Party" then end it immediately.
  (2) Complete the 2nd milestone ("Tell Stories from a Sleeping Bag 0/3" and "Exchange a Friendship Bracelet")
        (a) With multiple siblings, I'd have two save one Story each to complete the later party goal.
        (b) If the Friendship Bracelet task appears, only one sim needs to complete it.
  (3) Co-host a goaled Slumber Party and complete the party goals, including 2 "Sleeping Bag Stories."
        When you've achieved gold-medal status, let the child heir end the party to earn several levels in Charisma.

*Nadia Aguilar: Is the daughter of Manuel Aguilar, the premade Lovestruck sim who appears in the trailer.

*Magic tomes: Hallelujah! Spellcasters are once again able to learn spells and potions from magic tomes!

*Too many Costas!: I don't really want to leave all five Gen7 siblings to have two to three children each.
  At this point, our simverse is already overflowing with Costas. 
  I'm thinking perhaps only one sister will have children: Xinia.
  Ines is the worst sibling, constantly dropping queues, disrupting others, and misplacing her everything.
  Vitor's household will be smaller. Yay!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2024, 10:28:08 PM »
"Ines: I don't even know him. I don't understand how we ended up dancing together."

That made me laugh so hard, yay for sims 4 autonomy.  Trying to manage so many sims at the same time, I am stressing for you already.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2024, 01:51:32 AM »
"Ines: I don't even know him. I don't understand how we ended up dancing together."

That made me laugh so hard, yay for sims 4 autonomy.  Trying to manage so many sims at the same time, I am stressing for you already.

I was trying to figure out who asked who to dance, so I checked Ines's relationship panel. Her sister's crush isn't even on it.
They were slow dancing without even intoruding themselves to each other. So weird!

Definitely the worst Prom ever! Usually,
Thank you for stressing for me. I appreciate your sympathy and support! :D
Usually, I'm able to bring two couples' Romance bar to the point where they can get engaged/married before the heir moves out.
But managing four couples wasn't working at all. I might need to resort to Social Bunny...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2024, 03:29:35 AM »
I think the high-five greeting is the Howdy one that came with the ranch expansion.

I sympathise with the chaotic prom shenanigans but it was fun to read. So much drama.

Oh Inez. Everyone thinks it's all you're fault. Must be time to wear black or listen to loud music. You definitely need to start dragging you're feet and walking slowly!

The Teens are all lovely and quite varied in their looks.. Roll on Autumn and those leaf piles

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2024, 07:11:25 AM »
Oh my gosh!  Ines dancing with the wrong guy was brilliantly delivered!  I was right here, reading along and being all, "Aww, how sweet that Ines is dancing with her guy," and didn't even notice that it was her sister's guy!  She may be your nightmare child in this generation, but golly gosh does she create nice storytelling moments for you!
Of course, Nadia sneaking off with some suss dude by the photo booth made for good (and scandalous) storytelling as well.  Poor Vitor!
You are absolutely crushing things in this generation despite having so many Sims to manage.
Excellent work and a great update, Watcher!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2024, 01:22:58 PM »
I think the high-five greeting is the Howdy one that came with the ranch expansion.

I sympathise with the chaotic prom shenanigans but it was fun to read. So much drama.

Oh Inez. Everyone thinks it's all you're fault. Must be time to wear black or listen to loud music. You definitely need to start dragging you're feet and walking slowly!

The Teens are all lovely and quite varied in their looks.. Roll on Autumn and those leaf piles

Thanks for the tip about the Howdy greeting. In my previous legacy, my Misturas who lived in Chestnut Ridge use the Howdy intro but I don't think I've ever used the Howdy greeting.
I guess its time to actually pay attentio to the different greetings. I always use Friendly because it builds the Manners character value, lol.

Arrgh, that Prom.  Yago and Zita reached about 15% of their respective Romance bars.
Perhaps Xinia (my fave Gen7 girl) should've realized Raphael was a flake when she asked him to Prom. Maybe she should move on?  She could find someone else and still move to Del Sol Valley.  Hmmm...

LOL, autumn has started in my game. The Costas spent all the daylight hours looking for leaf piles with no success. Leaf piles are another thing I've never paid attention to.
I'd assumed that the first day of autumn would see leaf piles spawning all over the place.  *sobs

Oh my gosh!  Ines dancing with the wrong guy was brilliantly delivered!  I was right here, reading along and being all, "Aww, how sweet that Ines is dancing with her guy," and didn't even notice that it was her sister's guy!  She may be your nightmare child in this generation, but golly gosh does she create nice storytelling moments for you!
Of course, Nadia sneaking off with some suss dude by the photo booth made for good (and scandalous) storytelling as well.  Poor Vitor!
You are absolutely crushing things in this generation despite having so many Sims to manage.
Excellent work and a great update, Watcher!

I'm right with you about Ines. I'd filled her queue with romance socials directed at her LI Cecil but didn't include asking Cecil to Sweetheart Dance.
Took me a second to realize that guy was her sister's crush. As for Vitor, what is his date Nadia and the suss dude doing back there in the bushes that they couldn't do at the Prom venue?
Maybe Xinia should go with the handsomer Ryker Ono after all, even though he's a Socially Awkward Dog Lover. We shall see.

Anyway, I'm never attempting a Prom event with five siblings ever again. Or, if I do, I need to lower my expecations...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2024, 01:50:21 PM »
Will the leaf piles spawn more if you rake leaves? I never do because, once they start they seem to get stuck doing it forever. But it might be worth a go.
Here's me, enabling Gisele's love life - what has my life become?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2024, 01:59:35 PM »
Will the leaf piles spawn more if you rake leaves? I never do because, once they start they seem to get stuck doing it forever. But it might be worth a go.
Here's me, enabling Gisele's love life - what has my life become?

Is it possible to rake leaves even if there are no leaves visible to rake?  But Gisele shall try it as soon as I load my game.
Gisele and Daniel very much appreciate your help!  Vitor is also eager to escape the chaos of a seven-sim household!
How did you ever suvive your Growing Together household for so long?  I'm truthfully terrified of that generation for my sims...

anything