Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.1: Starting Out in Sulani (10 Sep '24)  (Read 25444 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:35: Puppy Love (10 Aug '24)
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2024, 01:58:33 AM »
Daniel seems like a keeper...and his sister's nice too. But the course of true love ne'er runs smooth.

Good luck with those axolotls. And the bugs!

You're right.  Gisele's still a teen and still has her YA adventures before her.

The axolotls are maddening, haha.
I've watched YT videos on the axolotl collection by LilSimsie and the EnglishSimmer, both of which show two spawn sites.
For the life of us, we can't get the spawn site to spawn in Vista Hermosa.
Did you initially get one axolotl "harvest" from the Vista Hermosa site?

I've previously had an issue when spawn sites in neighbourhoods didn't regenerate after harvesting them once whether my Sims were there for the "spawning hour" or a significant length of time.

The home neighbourhood usually did respawn though.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:35: Puppy Love (10 Aug '24)
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2024, 10:20:10 AM »
Did you initially get one axolotl "harvest" from the Vista Hermosa site?

I've previously had an issue when spawn sites in neighbourhoods didn't regenerate after harvesting them once whether my Sims were there for the "spawning hour" or a significant length of time.

The home neighbourhood usually did respawn though.

My sims have only been harvesting Axolotls from the spawn site in Plaza Mariposa, which is their home neighborhood.
They have yet to see any Axolotls spawn in the Vista Hermosa neighborhood.
We're going to try again today.  Uh, I have a new trick up my sleeve this morning, too...

P.S. Gisele's missing one uncommon and what I assume are the three rare Axolotls.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:3: Fangs for the Memory (14 Aug '24)
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2024, 01:14:30 AM »
6.3: Fangs for the Memory

Sunday, Week 36, Year 3 (late winter)
Gisele: Last week, my brother Gilberto and I spent our first full week in our new home in Ciudad Enamorada.
The previous Saturday, we'd moved into a sprawling ranch-style hacienda in laza Mariposa.
Gilberto became a Painter Extraordinaire and is now a romance novelist, writing as Steam E. McDaddy.
Since I'd like to become a Nectar Know-It-All, I started making nectar last week for the first time.
Oh and I went on my first "crafted" date, a Get to Know You date with fellow teen Daniel Gomez. He's awesome!
Axolotls are my main headache. For the past 3 days, my breeding attempts only produced duplicates. *sighs

This is the last week of Year 3--can you believe it?
We've been camping at Vista Hermosa since last night, hoping for a new Axolotl to spawn. Can you see our tent?

Gilberto: Our travel hub's Lounge del Abrazo, where I write spicy romance novels while Gisele fishes by the pond.
Though we're not here for romance, I'm not impressed with the lounge's pickings.
By 9 am, there are nine Sims here besides me: 4 elders (incl. the bartender), 4 adults, and 1 young adult.
When Gisele came here  on a date with Derek, the clientele were also mostly elders as well. WTH!?

Gisele: Close to 10 am, I notice an Axolotl habitat has spawned near my fishing spot.
This time, I release eight of my duplicate Axolotls first then find a new one.
It's a Black Melanoid Axolotl, my very first rare one!
After grabbing our tent, I run back to the lounge to share the amazing news!

Gilbert: What's up, sis?
Gisele: I'll just wait until you're done with your novel.
Gilbert: Hey, this is the second Bestseller in a row I've written here this morning.
Gisele: Awesome! But would you try breeding with this rare Axolotl I just found?
Gilbert: Sure. *breeds it with an uncommon Axolotl and gets another rare Axolotl

Gisele: I'm almost an Expert Nectar Maker!
Once I have enough Finely Aged nectar, I only need to sell §100,000 worth.
At 4 pm, Gilberto breeds my rare Black Melanoid with his rare Blue Fluorescent, getting a rare Gold Fluorescent.
Then, I breed a rare Green Chimera axolotl from the two rare Blue and Gold Fluorescent axolotls.
This completes the collection but I don't even get a splash announcement, just some corny notification. *shrugs

Gisele: Since you're Colombian, I thought you might enjoy The Frisky Llama which serves South American cuisine.
Daniel: You chose a restaurant date because you know I'm a Foodie, right?
Seriously, Gisele, we are a perfect match!  Why don't we live together?
Gisele: I can't, Daniel. I'm a legacy heir with YA requirements that you'd hate if we lived together.
We should wait until I've completed all my romance-related tasks.

Daniel: You must think I'm some kind of possessive Neanderthal, Gisele! I won't get jealous. I can wait!
Gisele: Would you reconsider two of your romance boundaries: non-physical and physical romance socials?
Daniel: Yes, as long as it's temporary. And thank you for not asking to mess around with other sims.
If you want to mess around with other sims, there's no reason for us to be together.
Gisele: I feel the same way, mister.  Why don't you pack tonight and move in tomorrow?

Monday
Daniel: Back from my first day of high school in my new home in Plaza Mariposa.
I moved in this morning as soon as Gisele invited me over at 6:30.
After moving in, I learned new things about myself: I have a crush on Gisele and I have the Romantic Sage trait.
Also, Watcher previously told everybody Gisele and I met at the park because, well, she couldn't remember.
In fact, I'd been on the Chess Team which Gisele briefly joined. (I quit Chess Team today to join Scouts.)

Daniel: I'm trying to become an A student and a Llamacorn Scout asap!
Watcher also shared one of Gisele's unrevealed heir requirements with me this afternoon.
Using the park's Observatory reminds me of Gisele's mess around/woohoo requirement.
Doing it in 28 unique ways/spots is fine, as long as she's with me. But there's one spot I'm worried about…

Tuesday
Gisele: Oh, wow, Daniel! Thanks for helping me earn the Romantic Sage trait!
Daniel: Well, I earned it from you discussing romantic boundaries and healthy relationships with me.
I figured doing the same socials with you might do the trick!
Hey, I'm tired of being a responsible teen tonight, girl. Wanna go on a date?

Gisele: Daniel takes me on a regular ole date to Mirador del Amor, the nightclub in Nuevo Corazon.
Since it's my third date with a romantic partner, I complete Paragon Partner.
We discover that teens can't use the Costume Trunk to wear Couple Costumes or Flirty Costumes.
Daniel (to himself):  Should I lure Gisele into the Venue Closet? Nah, that's a lousy choice for our first time.

Wednesday
Watcher: Daniel! What are you doing in Forgotten Hollow? It's nearly 1 am?
Daniel: I figured out how I can woohoo in a coffin in Gisele's place.
W: As much as Dr. Frost seems into you, coffin woohoo must be initiated by a vampire, not a human sim.
D: No problem! I'm sure Dr. Frost will be willing to help me out.

Gisele: What the heck are you and Daniel plotting, Gilberto?
First, Daniel vanishes after our date late night and doesn't come home until morning.
Next, before leaving for school, he gets a phone call from that creepy Count Vladislaus Straud.
And now I find you studying Vampire Lore. What is going on?
Gilberto: C'mon, sis! You are totally spoiling the surprise! You need to chill, Gisele!

Gisele: Come here, you! I figured out your little secret!  You spoil me!
An hour or so later…
Daniel: My body pains are growing worse. At least, Gisele has never seen me like this.

Thursday
Gilberto: You gave me a rose at last week's Romance Festival with a charming note.
We have good compatibility and I believe we could build a happy life together, Camila.
Camila: I hate to disappoint, Gilberto, but my heart's already taken. I'm in love with a novelist.
Gilberto: A novelist? (Only Gisele and Daniel know about my secret career.)
Camila: I've never met him, but Steam E. McDaddy writes such passionate romance novels. I pine for him!
Gilberto: Pine no more, Camila! Your Steam E. McDaddy is right here and he's crazy about you!
(Darn! I should've held off until after Prom. Now she'll be expecting a Prom invite. *sighs)

Daniel: I'm tending the garden when I suddenly transform into a vampire.
It's only been about 36 hours since Dr Demetrius Frost turned me.
I had no idea the transformation would come so quickly!
What a relief! I've been worrying that I'd transform during Prom!

I doubt the Frosts would appreciate Gisele and I woohoo'ing in one of their coffins.
So, I simply buy one to place in our bedroom at home, then entice Gisele to join me.
The look of surprise and desire in Gisele's face makes this all worth it!

The coffin rises in the air then rolls and shudders while we woohoo.
Would I want to remain a vampire just for the coffin woohoo? Um, I don't think so.
Gilberto maxed the Vampire Lore skill so he can make the Vampire Cure.
I just need to wait until he gets off work in another hour.

Gisele: Oh, you're turning back into a human sim! Daniel, I really appreciate what you did.
You went above and beyond the call of duty so that I could experience woohoo in a coffin.
Daniel: You know I'd do anything for you!
Gisele: As your "rewward," let's visit the Observatory at the park then Great-Grandpa Thyme's rocket ship.

Friday
Daniel: Yesterday, I became and A student and Llamacorn Scout, so I graduated early, quit Scouts, and got a job.
Working in a fast-food joint seems like an okay part-time gig for a Foodie, right?
Dr. Frost sent me a text earlier, congratulating me on my new job. He's like the father I never had!

Gisele: Right after Daniel leaves for work, I check my nectar cellar's inventory.
I find nine bottles of Finely Aged nectar, which I sell for over §100,000 total.

I only need one crafted gold-medal Romantic Date to complete Romantic Explorer!
Tomarang's Screaming Gecko Lounge has a hot tub, so I invite Daniel there.
I couldn't gauge our date progress from the Date Menu. And "Mess around" popped up so many times!
In fact, when I once hovered over a "Flirt" goal, it said "any actions in the Messing Around category"!
That's how we end up messing around in the hot tub as well as my tent and portable shower. Sheesh!

Saturday
Gisele: Unbelievably, It takes Daniel and I over eight hours to earn a gold medal for our Romantic Date!
This crafted date definitely felt like more work than a regular date.
Thanks to my stubbornness and Daniel's angelic patience, we earn a gold medal at 6 am!
And that's a wrap for my required aspirations!

Later, at Prom
Daniel: Girl, you should come with a warning that you are habit-forming!
Gisele: Right, the pot's calling the kettle black?

Gisele: Not exactly sure what happened to tonight's Prom since Daniel and I were, um, busy.
Around 8 pm, we noticed everyone walking out the front door but thought nothing of it.
When we checked again around 9:30, the place was completely deserted.
We never got the Prom ceremony notificiation, either.
Did the Principal not show up because only my sister Gal had met him?
Whatever! Daniel and I look fabulous plus we got to know each other better.

Gallery Downloads
*Dusty Turf (30x20): "Frisky Llama" (restaurant) by SimDoughnut.
*The Screaming Gecko Lounge (20x20): "The Screaming Gecko reno" by wafl.
*Auditorium (30x20): "Auditorium - Gymnasium," "Auditorium - Prom," "Auditorium - Graduation," and   
  "Auditorium - Career Day" by SimCubeez.
 This is my first time using this Prom venue. I'm going to replace it and hope Prom works for the next generation.

The Gen6 household
Home: Calle de Ensueño, Plaza Mariposa (Ciudad Enamorada)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Teen (4 days to YA)
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug
Partner: Daniel Gomez

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Teen (4 days to YA)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Romantically Reserved

Daniel Gomez (Gen6 spouse prospect - Teen (4 days to YA)
Traits: Creative, Foodie

Progress: End of Week 36
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*Ciudad Enamorada's premade households: Did I already mentioned what I did?
  The Lovestruck pack comes with 3 premade households: Lopez, Dynamic Daters, and Nadir.
  I'd like Gisele to be able to interact with the nine premade sims in these households.
  So, on Gisele's teen birthday, I saved them to MyLibrary then deleted them from the Costa simverse.
  I guess I could've not installed Lovestruck until Gisele was a YA herself, but where's the fun in that?

*Axolotl collection: When arriving before 5 am, an axolotl habitat spawns between 9:45-10 am for me.
  That was the usual case in Plaza Mariposa, but my first try at Vista Hermosa spawned nothing.
  I don't know if releasing duplicate axolotl into the wild helped.
  But my sims did find one rare axolotl and the next four breeding attempts yielded the missing 3 rare ones.

*Daniel's disappearing outfits: Yet a new bug this week.  What a shock!
  When he and Gisele arrived at the Frisky Llama, he was in his underwear.
  Checking his wardrobe, all of his non-Everyday outfits consisted of black underwear.
  He was wearing a white top and white pants at the Romance Festival, but that outfit is also gone.
  The same is true for his sister Camila.

*Mess around or woohoo in 28 unique ways or locations: There are actually 30 total, but I'm excluding two.
  We're not counting woohoo in either vampire form or werewolf form though, technically, Gisele DID woohoo with a vampire.
  Leaf Pile woohoo is only possible in autumn so Gisele's generation will be longer than previous Costa generations.
  Coffin woohoo was time-sensitive because Daniel wanted to cure his vampirism before his YA birthday.
  If a woohoo object is available in Build/Buy mode but already exists in the simverse, Gisele must travel there to use it.
  We already slipped up using the portable shower due to her Romantic Date's frequent "Messing Around" date goals.
  Gisele & Daniel should have traveled to a gym or university dorm instead. (But using other sims' "beds" is bad form.)

*List of the 28 mess around/woohoo ways or locations. So I don't need to list them all under "Progress."
  1 Double bed, 2 Observatory, 3 Rocket Ship, 4 Hot Tub, 5 Tent, 6 Sauna, 7 Walk-in Closet, 8 Bush, 9 Coffin
  10 Lighthouse, 11 Leaf Pile, 12 Money Vault, 13 Sleeping Pod, 14 Waterfall, 15 Shower,  16 Dumpster,
  17 The Dwelling (Batuu), 18 Hot Springs, 19 Ice Cave, 20 Barn, 21 Photo Booth, 22 Cuddle Carts, 23 Ferris Wheel,
  24 Haunted House, 25 Treehouse, 26 Romantic Blanket,27 Love Motel, 28 Keep It Clean Venue Closet
  Completed (9): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 15, 21, and 22.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:36: Fangs for the Memory (14 Aug '24)
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2024, 01:54:54 PM »
Wow - Giselle - 28 locations! I'm glad Daniel seems so fit and able! You look adorable together. Dare I look forward to your nooboos? Or does this gen have a spanner to throw in this fine romance?

Well done with the nectar and the axolotls

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:36: Fangs for the Memory (14 Aug '24)
« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2024, 03:10:51 PM »
Wow - Giselle - 28 locations! I'm glad Daniel seems so fit and able! You look adorable together. Dare I look forward to your nooboos? Or does this gen have a spanner to throw in this fine romance?

Well done with the nectar and the axolotls

Haha, Daniel is not only fit and able. He also seems extremely willing to take one for the team.  Such dedication! Such sacrifice!
As for any spanners, Gisele no longer has any requirements that might require her to endanger their relationship beyond repair. Um, I hope.
Thanks to Daniel's quick thinking, Gisele didn't have to seduce a vampire.
So, YES! Please join me in looking forward to the nooboos! They will become YAs in the coming week.

I imagine their children will be very attractive. Should I give Daniel the Fertile trait?
This morning, I was looking at my spreadsheet calnndar, trying to figure out when the first pregnancy should start, considering Gisele will require Leaf Pile woohoo.
You and your long Makey generations are exerting a very positive influence on me.  Past me might have deleted Leaf Pile woohoo from the list. *winks

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:4: He's So Fiiine (17 Aug '24)
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2024, 10:03:55 PM »
6.4: He's So Fiiine

Sunday, Week 37, Year 4 (early spring)
Gisele: It's the first day of Year 4.  How times flies!
Last week, Danielle convinced me that he could handle all my upcoming heir requirements and moved in with us.
As the Gen6 Costa heir, I made lots of progress, wrapping up my last three aspirations.
I also started on a new heir requirement to mess around or woohoo in 28 unique ways or locations.
Thanks to Daniel (who briefly became a vampire), we even messed around in a coffin!
Gilberto revealed to Camila (Daniel's sis) that her heart's desire--romance novelist Steam McDaddy--was actually him!
Here's me, Daniel, and Gilberto  standing near the fountain in Plaza Mariposa, our neighborhood's namesake.

Gilberto: You know, I'm still resentful that you didn't invite me to Prom!
Camila: I was waiting for you to invite me!
Gilberto: I graduated early, remember? Only active Copperdale students can invite someone to Prom.
Why don't we try cooking together? Maybe that'll help me feel less bitter.

Daniel: So, about woohoo in Mt. Komorebi's Ice Cave, how do you want to climb the peak?
Do you want us to teleport over each rock wall? Or climb each rock wall for real?
Gisele: Hmmm. It only seems fair that we actually climb to the Ice Cave, don't you think?
Daniel: Well, I'd hoped we could practice here in Semba-machi but we need L5 Rock Climbing for this Medium rock wall.

Gilberto: Meanwhile, I ask Camila out on a Get to Know You Date and finally lose my resentment about Prom.
It's such a ridiculous mechanic. Not every teen cares about Prom.
Watcher tells me she never attended Prom. She had a Prom Date, a bad boy who got dolled up in a suit.
But they went to some wild party and got wasted, never intending to go to the school Prom. I mean, who cares about Prom?

Gisele: No idea why Daniel and I are having so many problems lately.
We spent hours trying to attend skill classes on Rock Climbing today, but could never go.
Now we're working out on the rock-climbing walls at the Body Shop Spa & Gym in Newcrest.
Daniel: I enjoy these machines being outside, but won't they break when it rains?
Look, we've gained lots of Fitness and Rock Climbing levels. Let's go mess around in the gym's sauna.

Monday
Daniel: After many unsuccessful attempts at the gym, we come home and build our own sauna room.
And stop your smirking, Gilberto! It's not like we've been messing around for six hours straight!
One of us initiated messing around, we kissed, then the interaction cancelled.  We finally succeed at 6 am. Sheesh!

Daniel: After rallying the troops, we next head to the Bathhouse in Mt. Komorebi's Yukimatsu neighborhood.
But whether we try to mess around, woohoo, or try for baby, it's just not working!
Gisele: Can you believe Watcher locked all the doors so no other sims could enter the Bathhouse?
Watcher: Note to self--Go back to the Bathhouse and fix all the doors.

Gilberto: Never in my wildest dreams had I imagined proposing to Camila in front of a bathhouse in the snow!
And then, we're left to our own devices for three or four hours after that.
But what can I do? I'm merely a legacy spare, tossed around at the mercy of Gisele's comings and goings.
Back home, I take Camila to a heart-shaped topiary near Plaza Mariposa's fountain and that's where we elope.

Tuesday
Daniel:  Yesterday afternoon, we built our own enclosed hot springs room with an indoor then an outdoor hot springs.
Whenever we tried, one of us would start Relaxing in the hot springs and the other would get up and leave.
After repeating this for 15+ frustrating hours, Gisele and I finally give up on the hot spring at 1 am.
Gisele: As a result, I now only need to mess around/woohoo in 27 unique ways or locations.  What a waste of time!

Daniel (shyly): Gisele, I hate to sound like a baby, but my confidence has really taken a hit. Do you mind if we…?
Gisele: Of course not, baby boy!  All the blame falls on the sauna and the hot springs.
Daniel: Let's do a couple of easy ones next, okay? <3
Camila (to Gilberto): Eek! There's a huge, pink worm monster bouncing around in your backyard! Or is that a burrito?

Daniel: Camila's and my YA birthday on Thursday, but we'll be aging up with Gilberto and Gisele tomorrow.
Before moving to Vista Hermosa to live with my sister, Gilberto wants to introduce her to his family.
I suggest hosting a dinner party so Gisele can invite their parents Kalo & Sango as well as their grand-parents Night & Lou.
It's a great chance for me to meet their family, too!

Not sure why Camila chooses to do homework instead of socializing, but Gilberto doesn't seem to mind.
Gisele's parents and grand-parents all have the Foodie trait. Is that why I have amazing compatibility with all four of them?
I'm so flattered that they all gain an "Impressed" sentiment toward me.
Erm, that meaningless teen crush on Papa Kalo? Let's keep that a secret from Gisele, okay? It'll fade in no time!

Wednesday
Gisele: Why are we taking a stroll in Plaza Mariposa so early in the morning, Daniel?
Daniel: I've been wanting to propose to you for several days now but other things kept popping up.
So I want to ask you first thing today.  Gisele, will you marry me?  Will you be mine?
Gisele: I've been yours for quite a while already, silly! But yes, of course! We belong together.

Daniel: You sure you don't want a simple wedding, Gisele? I really want to celebrate our marriage, y'know?
You're the Costa heir. I'm sure your family will also want to share the moment with you!
Gisele: Well, okay, if you insist. For now, I'm going to make some nectar while I wait for my birthday notification.
I doubled my number of nectar storage racks yesterday. The bottom row's only for Finely Aged nectar.

Daniel: Last night, Papa Kalo mentioned that the Costas haven't had a family wedding in a long time.
I may not be as  fabulously skilled as the Costas, but I can make sure Gisele has a memorable wedding.
Oh! Now I feel bad that I didn't suggest to Gilberto that he, Camila, Gisele, I have a double wedding!
I'll make it up to them! Gisele and I will visit their home and upgrade their kitchen appliances….

Gilberto: As soon as Camila arrives, the four of us age up to young adults.
A Romantically Reserved sim who Loves the Outdoors, I'm now a Perfectionist, too.
Camila is Outgoing, and Loyal as well as Family-Oriented. (I asked.)
Gisele: I'm a Music Lover and Lovebug plus I'm Outgoing.
Daniel's a Creative Foodie who's become a Music Lover like me!

Gisele: Thanks so much for persuading me to have a wedding, Daniel! It's all so beautiful! And you are looking so fiiiine!
And look, everyone I invited showed up!
(Watcher's note: I redecorated Central Park's wedding area with items from the My Wedding Stories pack.)

Daniel: We'd hired Great-Grandpa Thyme's servo as our Mixologist, but he didn't mix a single drink!
I'm surprised to see the servo with a dish of wedding cake.  I'd assumed they don't need to eat?
It's fine. I joined the Culinary career earlier so I complete my Daily Task by making drinks for everybody.

Gisele: Camila confided this morning that Gilberto has the Opposites Attracted sentiment towards her.
Plus, they each feel Neutral Attraction to each other.
Even so, Camila seems to really like my brother. I'm happy for him because he's head over heels for Camila.
Uh, I suggest to Gilberto that the two of them should either get a room upstairs or visit the Observatory outside.

Gisele: It's so nice to have enough tables and chairs that we can all sit down together!
Al fresco dining is wonderful, too, but this dining room will never be affected by bad weather!
And look! Uncle Fenris and his wife Kaci are here, too!

Gilberto: A few of us are going to Pan Europa Disco in Windenburg, Daniel. You wanna join us?
Daniel: You might need to twist my arm, bruh.
At the club
Gisele: Daniel, I want to change out of my wedding gown. Can you help me?

Daniel: This is my first visit ever to Windenburg. What about you, Gisele?
Gisele: Me, too. I hear Windenburg's the largest town in our simverse.
Daniel: Well, I think we should make like tourists and go visit the Ancient Ruins in the Olde Platz neighborhood.
Rumor has it there's a you-know-what there.

Gisele: Oh my!

Gisele: When we get home, Gilbert moves to Camila's home in Vista Hermosa.
He'd saved §153,000 from his romance novels, so Daniel and I send Gilberto off with §200,000 even.
By the way, I'm taking bets that Camila is already expecting! What do you think?
Who me? Nah! Daniel and I aren't ready for kids just yet.  But soon, very soon!

Gallery Downloads
*Civic Cliffs (30x20): "The Body Shop Gym & Spa" by Vampiyaa.
  I added a 2nd rock-climbing wall so Gisele & Daniel could train together.

The Gen6 household

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug, Outgoing
Spouse: Daniel (Gomez): Children: ?

Daniel (Gomez) Costa (Gen6 spouse - YA
Traits: Creative, Foodie, Music Lover

MOVED OUT:
Gilberto (Costa) Gomez (Gen6 spare) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Romantically Reserved, Perfectionist
Spouse: Camila Gomez; Children: ?
New home: Camila at: Casita del Amor, Vista Hermosa (with Camila)

Progress: Partway through Week 37

*Mess around/woohoo in hot spring: has been dropped from Gisele's list of required locations.
  They would both sit, one of them would relax, and the other would stand up and leave. I tried this from 9 am until 1 am the next sim-day.
  I tried it with my usual cc, without any cc, and even temporarily aged them up to YAs (but exited without saving).
  After 15+ sim-hours and countless tries at Mess Around, Woohoo, and Try for Baby in Hot Springs, nothing worked.
  So, yeah, Gisele is skipping this one.  I remember hot springs woohoo being tricky in a previous challenge, too.

*Have my sims ever been able to woohoo in the hot springs?: The last time was in early January, 2024.
  Hiro Mistura (Gen8 heir) and his spouse Hendra often headed autonomously to their indoor hot springs together.
  When I tried directing them, it only worked when they sat in a specific spot in the hot springs.
  But that was one expansion pack, one game pack, six kits, and many, many patches and hotfixes ago.

*New "Plan Wedding Event" option on phone: Yay! We got our original wedding event back!
  And the phone now offers two options: Plan Wedding Event and Plan Customized Wedding Event (MWS).
  I love having an easier, ceremonial alternative to eloping or a no-ceremony marriage at a wedding arch.

*Three premade Lovestruck households: I'll be adding them back to Ciudad Enamorada at the end of this update.
*List of the 27 mess around/woohoo ways or locations. So I don't need to list them all under "Progress."
  1 Double bed, 2 Observatory, 3 Rocket Ship, 4 Hot Tub, 5 Tent, 6 Sauna, 7 Walk-in Closet, 8 Bush, 9 Coffin
  10 Lighthouse, 11 Leaf Pile, 12 Money Vault, 13 Sleeping Pod, 14 Waterfall, 15 Shower,  16 Dumpster,
  17 The Dwelling (Batuu), 18 Hot Springs, 18 Ice Cave, 19 Barn, 20 Photo Booth, 21 Cuddle Carts, 22 Ferris Wheel,
  23 Haunted House, 24 Treehouse, 25 Romantic Blanket,26 Love Motel, 27 Keep It Clean Venue Closet
  Completed (13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 15, 20, 21, 25.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:37a: He's So Fiiine (17 Aug '24)
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2024, 04:16:28 AM »
How frustrating for all of you - Daniel, Giselle and of course yourself! Woo hoo attempted and blocked in the hot springs - I think you can tick it off.

The wedding stories had so many nice CAS things, it's almost mandatory to update all the wedding locations. You've made the Central Park venue look really nice.

Congrats on the weddings and sorting out the Prom resentments.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:37a: He's So Fiiine (17 Aug '24)
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2024, 10:29:00 AM »
How frustrating for all of you - Daniel, Giselle and of course yourself! Woo hoo attempted and blocked in the hot springs - I think you can tick it off.

The wedding stories had so many nice CAS things, it's almost mandatory to update all the wedding locations. You've made the Central Park venue look really nice.

Congrats on the weddings and sorting out the Prom resentments.
Gracious, even the hot tub mess around took them 6+ sim-hours, but at least that finally worked.
Sorry about all the whining detail about the hot springs fail. Just wanted to show why I had to remove it from Gisele's requirement.  I hope the rest of that requirement works okay.

San Myshuno's Cenral Park might be my new favorite wedding venue, especially since I haven't downloaded any wedding lots from the Gallery.
Plus Central Park has that great spacious kitchen. 
Having the ceremony indoors (like at Coppia de la Serena) means that many of the guests end up standing outside the ceremony room, for some reason.
I'd have to do a customized wedding just for the "Have the guests get seated" interaction.
Lol, maybe I'll add a Dr. June Weather Control Machine to Central Park, so I can ensure clear skies for any future wedding.

Well, now that Gisele & Daniel are young adults, their lives will change quite a bit. 
I'm looking forward to Gisele unlocking all the heart-shaped furniture through her career.
Without a

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:5: An Egg-ceptional Aubergine (19 Aug '24)
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2024, 01:19:33 AM »
6.5: An Egg-ceptional Aubergine

Thursday, Week 37, Year 4 (early spring)
Gisele: It's our first week of Year 4!
Earlier this week, my brother Gilberto proposed to and married Daniel's sister Camila.
To climb to Mt. Komorebi's peak, Daniel and I learned rock-climbing at the gym.
We hosted a dinner party Tuesday to introduce the Gomez siblings to the family.
Wednesday morning, the four of us aged up and both Daniel and I got jobs.
Then Daniel and I threw a wedding party at San Myshuno's Central Park.

Gisele: Daniel, I have a requirement to date six different matches on Cupid's Corner.
To make it fair, what if you also date six different Cupid's Corner matches?
Daniel: I'd be okay with that. I'd feel less abandoned at home, you know. But how will it work exactly?
Gisele: Well, OBVIOUSLY, we never add "Woohoo" as a crafted-date activity. And we don't need gold-medal dates.
Daniel: Obviously. We can just go on Get-to-Know You Dates, but if I want to complete Romantic Explorer…
Gisele: Hello!? You can earn your gold-medal Romantic Date with me, buddy!

Daniel: Since we're both off today, what if we visit some faraway woohoo locations?
Gisele: That's a great idea! Let's start with The Lighthouse in Brindleton Bay then Sulani's Waterfall.
Daniel: After that, we can head home to read Rock Climbing skill books. I'm halfway to L6 now.
Gisele: Let's climb Mt. Komorebi today. I'm waiting to Try for Baby until I'm done rock  climbing.

Daniel: So how are you going to do this? Will you transportalate? *does pre-climb stretching
Gisele: Since you can't teleport, I'll be climbing with you. We're both L7 Rock Climbing. We can do it!
Daniel: Well, we should be extra careful since it's our first climb.  No courageous climbing for either us!

Friday
Daniel: Look, it's the Ice Cave!  Gisele, can we finally…
Gisele: Yes, let's try for a baby!

Daniel: What a fabulous view! I was surprised how quickly we reached the peak!
Gisele: That's because we skipped most of the tasks in each excursion phase.
Still, we earned a silver medal for the Mt. Komorebi Excursion.  Not shabby at all!
Daniel: I'm ready to go home now so you can take a pregnancy test, hehe.

Gisele: Since Daniel works from 3-10 pm today, it's a good chance for my first Cupid's Corner date.
I check out my profile and decide not to change anything but the age range.
No Adults or Elders, thank you very much.

Um, I accidentally hit Refresh instead of the ">" icon, so I don't know who my original six matches were.
But this guy is the most attractive guy in the first six I actually see.
Watcher: Girl, you are NOT going out with a guy whose name we can't pronounce! Gimme an hour or so.

Gisele: Watcher gets all OCD and types out each Cyrillic letter then does a Google search for each name.
Apparently, his Romanized name is Jake Pushkin. Good to know!

Since I asked Jake on a Get to Know You Date, I don't need to do any Romantic socials.
Jake's a charming, handsome guy. He's unemployed and his third trait is Active.
He's very attractive but no match for my Daniel. I don't think I could love anyone more than I love Daniel!
Still, I'm going to advise my successor not to make any romantic commitments until they've looked at Cupid's Corner.

Daniel: You're finally home!
Gisele: I thought I should at least get a silver-medal date. What do you think of our Money Vault?
Daniel: What do I think? I think we should go inside and check how much cash is in there…

Saturday
Daniel: Early in the morning, I ask Gisele on a date to work on one of my last Appliance Wiz goals.
And since we're woohoo'ing everywhere, we decide to work on becoming Soulmates.
When we get the date goal to Woohoo, we use the Sleeping Pod that Gisele bought for us yesterday.

Daniel: Your last remote woohoo location is on Batuu. Let's go there now.
Gisele: But you have work at 3 pm. Won't taking a vacation cancel your work shift?
Daniel: I don't know but I don't have a career requirement like you. I just want to be a Master Chef, so…
Gisele: Here's a commemorative photo of us at Black Spire Outpost in Batuu!

Gisele: Well, this is disappointing!
Daniel: You're disappointed with…my performance?
Gisele: No, silly! Woohoo in The Dwelling doesn't have any visual effects, only sounds!
Daniel: Well, we did try three times with the same results. You've checked The Dwelling off your list, at least!

Gisele: Since you're off tonight, why don't you go on a Cupid's Corner date?
Daniel: What about you? You're off today, too.
Gisele: But I also have tomorrow off, while you work. Go ahead, try a Cupid Corner's date.

Daniel:  Since she insists, I check out my profile and replace my Foodie trait with Alluring. Is that catfishing?

DanieL Wow! The nerve of this guy, posting a photo of himself in a speedo!
Still, he's got a great bod plus he's a Music Lover and a Latino, which are both Turn Ons for me.
Perhaps I should review my Turn Off later. I don't want to be matched with Gloomy sims.
Fine, Manuel, it is!

Daniel (to himself): Because of the way Manuel presents himself, I thought he'd be arrogant and full of himself.
But he's a surprisingly nice guy and we have amazing compatibility.
We're both Music Lovers and he makes his living as a Professional Pianist.
As that old saying goes: You can't tell a book by its cover!

Yeah, yeah. I know it's a Flirtatious social, but I want to see what happens.
So I ask Manuel to wear Couples Costumes with me and we both end up dressed as eggplants. Figures.
Cute! To my surprise, it's a gold-medal date! Not gonna lie, I had a blast.

I didn't stay out as late as Gisele did last night on her date.
But still, I should probably not go into the house in my eggplant costume, right?

Sunday, Week 38
Gisele Technically, the week doesn't end until 8 am on Sunday so we still have two hours left.
Let's get down and dirty in Evergreen Harbor.
Daniel: Are you sure it's safe for the baby?
Gisele: Absolutely. I won't be in my third trimester for a couple more hours.

Gisele: I can't believe we got thrown out of the dumpster like that?
Daniel: Here, let me help you up.
Gisele: Always such a gentleman!

Gisele: What are you doing, Daniel?
Daniel: There's a piece of lettuce on your shoulder. I'll get it off you.
Gisele: Ew, the dumpster was so filthy. But, you know, since we're already so dirty…
Daniel: I agree! We should visit Old New Henford in Henford-on-Bagley.

Daniel: How do you, Mr. Watson. My name's Daniel Costa and this is my wife Gisele.
Gisele: Yes, we are inspectors sent from the Ministry of Agriculture to, um, inspect your farm.
Daniel (to himself): That's odd. The barn has no Woohoo option.
Gisele: *knocks on door
Daniel: Aha, now it's there!

Gisele: You are probably thinking, gentle readers, that Daniel and I are maniacs.
Please don't judge us!
We're simply trying to complete as much of my woohoo requirement as possible before the babies arrive.

The Gen6 household

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug, Outgoing
Spouse: Daniel (Gomez); Children: (2nd trimester)

Daniel (Gomez) Costa (Gen6 spouse) - YA
Traits: Creative, Foodie, Music Lover

Progress: End of Week 37

Notes
*Mountain Climbing Excursion: My sims usually try to earn a gold medal for this event.
  None of my sims have ever reached the peak as quickly as Gisele and Daniel did!
  They only complete one or two tasks in each phase of the excursion.

*List of the 27 mess around/woohoo ways or locations. So I don't need to list them all under "Progress."
  17 The Dwelling (Batuu), 18 Ice Cave, 19 Barn, 20 Photo Booth, 21 Cuddle Carts, 22 Ferris Wheel,
  23 Haunted House, 24 Treehouse, 25 Romantic Blanket,26 Love Motel, 27 Keep It Clean Venue Closet
  Completed (21): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:37b: An Egg-ceptional Aubergine (19 Aug '24)
« Reply #249 on: August 20, 2024, 04:10:48 AM »
Aha, nooboo on the way!
Daniel and Giselle look great together - such high cheek bones!
I wonder if Mr Watson gets a lot of people "inspecting" his barn...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:37b: An Egg-ceptional Aubergine (19 Aug '24)
« Reply #250 on: August 20, 2024, 01:05:16 PM »
Aha, nooboo on the way!
Daniel and Giselle look great together - such high cheek bones!
I wonder if Mr Watson gets a lot of people "inspecting" his barn...

I'm so tempted to let Gisele and Daniel fill their house up with children so I can choose the one I like best for the next heir. 
But I guess that would be irresponsible of me, not to mention requiring me to raise more infants than I could bear...
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting their children.

I laughed that Mr. Watson wouldn't give Daniel the option to Woohoo in his barn until after Daniel knocked on the front door.
Courtesy prevails in the countryside!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:5: An Egg-ceptional Aubergine (19 Aug '24)
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2024, 09:02:38 AM »
I love the eggplant costume!  Gisele and Daniel would have beautiful babies, you sure you don't want to raise a household of 6 babies?  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2024, 01:11:50 PM »
I love the eggplant costume!  Gisele and Daniel would have beautiful babies, you sure you don't want to raise a household of 6 babies?  ;D

LOL, you wouldn't believe how tempted I am to do just that!  🤣🤣🤣

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2024, 06:37:30 PM »
No, I absolutely did not binge read to get caught up with your latest masterpiece  ;=)
I was super excited about Morgan as potential spouse at the beginning (to no one's surprise, I'm sure), but yeah, as always, you've created a line of absolutely gorgeous Simmies without even needing the perfection that is Morgan  ;=)
Having been away from the game for a while now, your story has been an amazing tour through what I've missed, including the dating app thing and eggplant costumes.  Good heavens those are delightfully frumpy!
Giselle is lovely and I absolutely adore how confident yet sensitive she is in her relationship with Daniel...and I love how aware Daniel is that he's lucky that she chose him  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2024, 12:28:55 AM »
No, I absolutely did not binge read to get caught up with your latest masterpiece  ;=)
I was super excited about Morgan as potential spouse at the beginning (to no one's surprise, I'm sure), but yeah, as always, you've created a line of absolutely gorgeous Simmies without even needing the perfection that is Morgan  ;=)
Having been away from the game for a while now, your story has been an amazing tour through what I've missed, including the dating app thing and eggplant costumes.  Good heavens those are delightfully frumpy!
Giselle is lovely and I absolutely adore how confident yet sensitive she is in her relationship with Daniel...and I love how aware Daniel is that he's lucky that she chose him  ;=)

@PeregrineTook
Pippin!!! *jumps up and down with extreme excitement
Seriously? You binge-read nearly six generations worth of my sims' silly shenanigans? Wow!
Of course, you like Gisele--she's a gorgeous redhead, haha. So far, Gisele and Daniel are my favorite Costa couple. <3

How have you been, dearest-friend-who-I've-missed so-very-much? Stop, I'm going to go send you a PM right now.

anything