Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 7.1: Starting Out in Sulani (10 Sep '24)  (Read 25447 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:33: Our Junior Moneyspinners (31 Jul '24)
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2024, 02:14:06 AM »
Gis & Gil are doing great. I'm still trying to work out which gen they're doing.

Meanwhile, irl, I've been busy with Granny Daycare for the summer vacation. Exhausting, fun and no opportunity for Simming. Normal service will be resumed soon.

Yes, Gilberto & Gisele have earned over $50k together as of Monday morning, which is insane since they're still in grade school.
(I shorten Gilberto to "Gil" but I'm def not shortening Gisele to "Gis" because it sounds awful.

You won't be able to work out Gisele's generation because I customized a new set of requirements for her generation. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:9: Arrggh, Bugfest!!! (4 Aug '24)
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2024, 01:57:02 PM »
5.9: Arrggh, Bugfest!!!

Sunday, Week 34, Year 3 (early winter)
Kalo: Last week, I heard Gisele telling her brother she wants to move to Ciudad Enamorada.
When I told her that she was too naïve to survive in such a decadent place, she started saving up to move out on her own.
She and Gilberto devoted last week to various moneyspinning schemes to ensure they could afford to move where they please.
Sango and I were shocked when they earned over §4,000 each in video royalties this morning.
In fact, seven of their 20 videos have been nominated for an Accolades Award! Our babies are growing up too fast!
From L to R: Gisele (next heir), Gilberto, Sango & me, and Gal

Gal: Our parents wanted to take us to Selvadorada today, but my siblings are too afraid of missing tonight's Starlight Accolades.
That's why we're spending afternoon at our usual place, Desert Bloom Park.
You're probably wondering if I'm fussed that I'm not in more screenshots.  I'm definitely not!
I'm an A student who's completed five aspirations and I'm inheriting the Old Penelope homestead.
No need for me to run around trying to scrape for coins!
All I want is to find a nice boyfriend to move into Old Penelope with me before my siblings move out.

Gisele: Why are we here so early?  It's only 5 pm!
Kalo: It's a long story involving a bug caused by the July 23rd update, but we also need Watcher to get us by these VIP ropes.

Gisele: I don't get it. The notification about our nominations said the Starlight Accolades starts at 7 pm.
Gilbert: Yeah, but our Calendar says it starts at 6 pm.
Gisele: It's only 5:30 now. What are we gonna do for the next 90 minutes.  Would it be okay if we knit?
Gilbert: I don't think so. Let's just sit and make plans for when we move out.

Gilberto: What a waste of time! We sat here from 5:30 pm for a four-hour Awards Ceremony that ended at 11 pm!
Gisele: Yeah, the MC gave out five awards but neither of us got one.  And the award categories were so bogus!
Oh well, we've still saved up a lot towards our moving expenses.  Let's go home!

Monday
Thyme: Isn't it redundant to build a rocket ship here? Your kids could use your Great-Grandma Winona's in Tartosa.
Kalo: I know, but Gisele is so eager to move out!  Once she's a teen, I'm trying to keep her here as long as possible.
Thyme: Put your foot down, Kalo. Tell her she can't move out until she first accomplishes x, y, and z.
Kalo: That's a great idea, grandpa. What about moving expenses? They've already saved over §50 grand together.
Thyme: Depending on how much the two have earned by Saturday, you might give an extra §10-§20k to Gilberto.
Kalo: You're right! Gilberto can put it aside and use it when he's ready to buy a place of his own!

Tuesday
Sango: Gisele's been saying that she wants to become a Counselor when she grows up.
So Kalo's spending the day volunteering with her to gain more Empathy.
I'm at home cooking and gardening when I'm offered a new career, but I decline the offer.
We're multi-millionaires now and  I'd much prefer simply gardening as a hobby.

Gilberto: This morning, Gisele and I each uploaded our 15th recording, our very last video!
It's been a profitable side hustle (we earned §9k each today), but we'll be switching gears as teens.
Our birthday's tomorrow morning and Mama's been preparing to throw us a birthday party.
Guess I'll spend the rest of today learning to play the piano.

Wednesday
Gisele: Today's a holiday so school is closed for the day. It's the perfect morning for our birthday party!
Our parents agree to invite our closest friends so we can age them up with us.
Gilberto: We wait nearly two hours for our schoolmates to arrive, but they're so late.
Gal: We phone them to remind them to come, then the three of us age up first.
Gilberto: Hey! Don't show me with my bad hair before my makeover!

Gisele: My Bracelet Buddy Alonzo Talla's the first to arrive, so I age him up right away.
Gilberto: Next, my friend Nora Ito and Gal's Bracelet Buddy Alejandro Elden arrive,.
Gal and I age them up, too.

Gilberto: Nora's a neighbor whose father works in the Curio Shop. He helped our father save StrangerVille.
Her traits are okay.  She's a Cat Lover and a Bookworm.
Her teen Party outfit makes her look as if she's not wearing any pants.
Thanks to Nora, Watcher gets motivated to give all six of us makeover.  Finally!

Kalo: I'm not keen that the three of you aged up with level 3 Romance skill. *sighs
Gilberto: I'm now an Outdoor Lover who's Romantically Reserved.
Gal: I'm a Good sim who's Socially Awkward. Ugh!
Gisele: I'm a Music Lover who's a Lovebug.

Gal: Alejandro's not only by Bracelet Bud but also my BFF.
I was feeling sorry for myself because I'm Socially Awkward, then Alejandro got the Cringe trait.
Does that make us a good match? And as soon as he ages up, he asked me to Prom.
And not "as friends," either. Alejandro's deinitely a keeper!

Gisele: How surprising that Alonzo's profile no longer shows him as my Bracelet Buddy!
I still have his Friendship Bracelet but I check his wrists and he no longer wears mine.
Alonzo's traits are kinda meh (he's a Hotheaded Insider), but we do make a good-looking couple.
But I'm not asking him to Prom or anything.

Gilberto: So what's the plan? When are we moving out?
Gisele: Let's attend high school actively tomorrow to spawn a Principal for Prom. 
Gal: Thanks, Gisele, but what about you?
Gisele: I want to move out tomorrow after school. What do you think, Gilberto?
Gilberto: The two of us have over §90k in savings. I say we're ready to move out.

Kalo (sits down): Not so fast, Gisele! Before you may move out, you need to prove that you're worthy.
Reassure your mother and I that you can take care of yourself.
Gisele: Worthy? How can I prove to you both that I'm mature and capable enough to live on my own?
Kalo: You have three move-out tasks: (1) reach L10 in a new skill, (2) become an Adept spellcaster, and
(3) either complete a Teen aspiration or complete the 3rd milestone of a Knowledge or Nature aspiration.
Gisele: Wow, that's a lot, Papa!  But I'll do my best!

Gisele: Papa, how can I reach Adept rank when it's no longer possible to read magic tomes?
Kalo: We hadn't foreseen that glitch when we chose our conditions.
You'll just have to Practice Magic, Experiment, and visit the Sages.
Gisele: *despairs
Kalo: Why don't you work on your other two conditions then see how far you get with your magic rank.
You might surprise yourself. And you can always count on me for magical training!

Gilbert: How are the move-out tasks going, sis?
Gisele: I'm really set on us moving out Saturday night, Gilberto. I'm sure I can complete two of my tasks by then.
Maxing Cooking will be easy, then I can prepare picnic foods and Flirty Cookies myself.
For aspirations, I know I can complete the 3rd milestone of Nerd Brain or Freelance Botanist, maybe even both.
But I'm only halfway to an Acolyte spellcaster at the moment.
Gilberto: Anything I can do to help? I know! Give me your Llama Neckwarmers so I can ship them for you!
Gisele: Thanks! I'm going to focus on Cooking and Nerd Brain first, then devote the rest of my time to magic.

The Gen5 household
Home: Old Penelope, StrangerVille Plaza
Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Self-Assured, Ambitious (+Foodie, Family Oriented, Maker)
Spouse: Sango (Odrade); Children: Gilberto, Gal, & Gisele

Sango (Odrade) Costa (Gen5 spouse) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Maker, Family Oriented (+Foodie, Perfectionist)

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Teen (21 days to YA)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Romantically Reserved

Gal Costa (Gen6 spare) - Teen (21 days to YA)
Traits: Good, Socially Awkward

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Teen (21 days to YA)
Traits: Music Lover, Lovebug

Progress: Partway through Week 34
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*The game failed to load: Error Code: 123This is a new bug introduced by the July 23rd patch.
  It occurred for me when trying to travel to the BPB Lounge for the Starlight Accolades but it's also happening in Britechester.
  It's only been 9 days yet there's already a 55-page Bug Report on this issue . I read every page in search of a report.
  Here's what worked for me:
  (1) Go to Manage Worlds and switch lot type to Generic, (2) travel home with your sims using World Map's car icon,
  (3) Switch target lot back to original type (Lounge in my case), (4) Send your sims back to lounge using World Map's car icon.
  When my sims arrived back at the lounge at 6:14 pm, switching the lot type had cancelled theStarlight Accolade.
  Since it was the start of the week, I replayed that day from 8 am, arriving at the lounger before 6 pm.
  Sadly, after many hours of troubleshooting, Gisele did not win an award. *sniffle, sniffle

*Knitting bug since July 23 patch: Gisele discovered a new bug that was introduced by the July 23rd patch.
  She can start a new Knitting project but, regardless of where she sits, she cannot Resume or Frog earlier projects.
  Luckily, she has only been interrupted while Knitting once. Needless to say, she & Gil won't be Knitting anymore.

*Bug with club points/perks: Each time I load my Costa save, the points/perks for all three clubs are gone.
  I don't know how many points were accumulated (since this happens every real-life day I play my Costa save).
  However, I do remember which perks were bought for each club, so I use MCCC to increase points for each club.
  I repeat this process until all the original club perks have been purchased. 
  There's a bug report on this issue at EA Answer HQ. 

*Magical tomes: Gisele discovered Thursday that magic tomes no longer off the "Study Tome."
  This is yet another unresolved bug introduced by the July 23rd patch. *cries
  One workaround is to give our spellcaster the Bookworm trait. No, I don't want to do that.
  LittleMissSam also posted at EA Answers HQ that she added a temporary fix to her Improved Practical Spesls mod.
  Finding that mod, I learned that it adds new spells which require installing another mod to work properly.
  So, Gisele will be visiting the Sages to learn spells and potions until this bug is fixed. Grrr!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:34a: Arrggh, Bugfest!!! (4 Aug '24)
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2024, 02:15:10 PM »
Kalo's really trying to delay Giselle and Gil moving out! Is he hoping they'll change their minds about Ciudad Enamorada?

And you have been hit by the bugs! I've noticed the knitting one - Maker Umber was working on Lord of the Knits but I have to make sure he'll be able to finish a project to be worth it. I've never been able to "resume" a project in a rocking chair but it used to be possible in a regular chair. Ah well!

They were robbed at the Starlight Awards!

Giselle's "come hither" look with her tinted bed-hair style before her makeover was stunning! You've made her look much more respectable but still very cute. Not committing to Alonzo yet, I note... and a Lovebug. I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:34a: Arrggh, Bugfest!!! (4 Aug '24)
« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2024, 02:35:27 PM »
Kalo's really trying to delay Giselle and Gil moving out! Is he hoping they'll change their minds about Ciudad Enamorada?

And you have been hit by the bugs! I've noticed the knitting one - Maker Umber was working on Lord of the Knits but I have to make sure he'll be able to finish a project to be worth it. I've never been able to "resume" a project in a rocking chair but it used to be possible in a regular chair. Ah well!

They were robbed at the Starlight Awards!

Giselle's "come hither" look with her tinted bed-hair style before her makeover was stunning! You've made her look much more respectable but still very cute. Not committing to Alonzo yet, I note... and a Lovebug. I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

Haha, it's probably Gisele's Watcher more than her father who's trying to rein Gisele in.   Especially after making the Nighborhood Maps post on Ciudad Enamorada, I'm so darn impatient to play there!
But I'd also like to give Kalo and Sango a little more in the active household.
And Kalo's right: there's no sense in Gisele moving out with so few accomplishments under her belt!

It's always been imposible to Resume a Knitting Project on any seat with arms.  And yes, beds and sofas used to work, but not with the new bug.
Poor Umber! What a hassle that must've been to become a Lord of the Knits!

After all the loops their Watcher jumped through to troubleshoot that stupid "Game won't launch: Error code 123," I can't believe either Gisele or Gilberto didn't win an award.
They arrived at the Starlight Accolades with seven nominations.  *sighs

Gisele is the "Lovestruck poster girl," so I want to use as many Lovestruck CAS items as possible. Thanks to Kalo and Sango's superior genes, Gisele is knockout!
Honestly, though, I found some of the Lovestruck clothing for female sims rather trashy, even for my tastes.  LOL!
I foresee a future time when Gisele frantically hides her Costume Trunk when her parents visit for a grandparental stayover.

Gisele and Gilbert absolutely can not WAIT to mvoe.  I feel the same! :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:1: Spreading My Wings (6 Aug '24)
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2024, 01:16:22 AM »
6.1: Spreading My Wings

Thursday, Week 34, Year 3 (early winter)
Gisele: We mostly spent the first four days of this week waiting for our teen birthday.
Sunday, we wasted hours and hours on the Starlight Accolades, but our seven nominations yielded nada. Grrr!
Wednesday, we each invited our closest friend and the six of us aged up together.
Gal's BFF Alejandro asked her to Prom as soon as he aged up. They make such a cute couple!
From L to R: Me, Gilberto, my parents Sango & Kalo, and Gal

Gal: We actively attend our first day of high school to make sure Prom's a go.
Then, I head to our classroom to study for tomorrow's exam.
Gilberto and Gisele go straight to the Woodshop to do "Nerd Brain stuff."

Gisele: Thanks, Papa, for coming to help me upgrade this toilet on my lunch break.
Kalo: You do realize that this is a female-only washroom?
I couldn't enter through the door, so I had to walk around the back then Transportalate.
Gisele: You're the best! Let's get this done fast then, before anyone sees you!

Gisele: During our afternoon class, Gilberto texts me to say Alonzo texted him about hanging out together.
Why is my BFF Alonzo asking my brother instead of me? The nerve!
Then, I notice my good friend Derek Perez talking to our teacher. 
When I checked this morning, Derek wasn't in either classroom. Did he come to school to see me?

When class ends, I run out to the hallway to catch up with Derek, who's a High-Maintenance Recycle Disciple.
(What's with these bois and their crummy personalities?!)
We have good compatibility but I doubt he'll feel much attraction to me.
What the heck? I get a huge crush on him anyway.  When he looks at me that way, can you blame me?

Not gonna lie. I had zero interest in messing around with Alonzo, but Derek's a different story.
I invite him to Plumbite Pier and rizz him up, then we mess around on the Cuddle Carts.

Derek: Hey, girl. The Cuddle Carts are cool and all, but let's go on a real date!
Gisele: I'd love to, Derek, but I'm too busy this week.  Rain check, okay?

Friday
Gisele: I'm drinking Potions of Plentiful Needs to stay up and wok on my move-out tasks.
Early this morning, I maxed Cooking.  It was a breeze!
I did a combination of prepping ingredients (Veggies) and making salads.

Gisele: Our parents wrote Gilberto and I excuse notes yesterday so we can skip school today.
At this rate, I'll finish Nerd Brain's third milestone by noon!
After my five space missions, I'm going to try to complete Drama Llama.
I wonder if, as a teen, I can make progress with Paragon Partner and Romantic Explorer, too.

Gilberto: For some reason, our parent's excuse notes don't work. (Do they have to be submitted after 3pm?)
Gisele autonomously left for school after her first space mission but left school early.
I try to ignore school and stay home, but the Principal phones me.
I leave for school without having done my homework or studied for today's exams.
It doesn't matter. Gisele and I will become A students next week.

Kalo: Now that you've done your 5 space missions, you might as well finish Nerd Brain, Gisele.
Look! I've saved five broken stereos for you to repair. 
Gisele: This is great, Papa. And repairs go so much faster than upgrades.

Oh, Derek! Yes, of course, I'll go to Prom with you, sweetheart!

Gisele: To answer my own question about a teen doing Paragon Partner, the answer's yes!
Well, shoot! I need to break up with a sim for my Drama Llama aspiration.
But Derek's asked me on a date and to Prom, too. He's too sweet to break up with…

Gisele: With perfect timing, Gilberto invites Alonzo to come home with him after school.
(What the heck's going on between Gilberto and Alonzo, anyway?!)
Whatever!  I rizz Alonzo up, ask him to be my romantic partner, then break up with him.
That's what he gets for not wearing the Friendship Bracelet I gave him!

To finish Drama Llama, all I need is an enemy Rival.
I joined the Chess Team yesterday, making Pamela Fyres my Rival.
Yeah, yeah, I might have Inferniated her after our fight.
Poor Gal and Alejandro, trying to Watch the Sky on a nearby bench.

I declare Pamela Fyres my enemy and complete my teen aspiration.
Will Drama Lllama's Untroubled reward trait protect me from Death by Heartbreak?.
Hmmm, Pamela Fyres and Alonzo Talla--do you think they're related?  They must be!

Gal: This morning, I realized with a shock that I don't have much time to capture Alejandro's heart!
I want us to be engaged before Giselle and Gilberto move out.
After school, I invite Alejandro over and we Watch the Sky together.
First Kiss!  And he agrees to be Romantic Partners, too!

Gal: To seal the deal, so to speak, I invite Alejandro to mess around in the rocket ship.
Folks, you're looking at the first Costa to achieve a Steamy relationship!
If Gisele hadn't been so busy preparing to move out, I'm sure she would have been first!

Gisele: My remaining move-out task is to become an Adept spellcaster.
That night, I visit the Magical HQ to learn spells and potion recipes from the Sages.
I also engage in friendly duels with other spellcasters.
Sadly, I haven't learned all the spells and potions for each rank. I'll work on that next week.

Saturday
Gisele: I'm brewing Potions of Plentiful Needs at home when Daniel Gomez texts me for the first time.
Rumors about my picking a fight with Pamela Fyres spread like wildfire.
All those Mean socials I did for Drama Llama made me lose my Pristine Reputation.
I was worried my Character Values dropped, too, but they're fine.

Kalo: You knocked your move-out requirements out of the park, Gisele.
Maxing Cooking was easy and you'll be an Adept Spellcaster before you leave for Prom.
You had a choice of 3 options for your Aspiration task. I didn't expect you to complete all three.
Gisele: I'm glad you pushed me to do more with your move-out mini-challenge, Papa!
When Gilberto and I move out tonight, I'll be able to Cook, CopyPasto, and Transportalate!

Gisele: At 7 pm, I get the popup to travel to prom and invite Gilberto, Gal, and Alejandro along.
Watcher: Let's try rolling back to an early save. Okay, now it'an hour earlier.
Gisele: We try traveling to the Prom venue before getting the Travel to Prom prompt, but get the same error.
Oh well, I wouldn't have gone to Prom anyway if Derek hadn't asked me.
Watcher: Arrrgggh!  *tears hair out

Gisele: Since it's only 6 pm (rolls eyes), I invite Derek over so we can Skip Prom Together.
But he takes over an hour to come over so I lose the option to ask him.
I ask him about his Romantic Satisfaction, which he says is "Fine." Only "Fine"!?
So I ask him about his Romantic Style Attractions. Likes to Mess Around but dislikes Flirting?!?
I have a feeling that Derek isn't The One for me.
(Should I keep him around for my "Have 2 or More Very Satisfied Relationships" goal?J)

Gilberto: Why are you still chatting with Derek? We could've moved before nightfall!
Gisele: Well, here it is, Papa.  It's a 50x40 lot named Calle de Ensueño.
Kalo: Doesn't this neighborhood believe in street lamps? Is it even safe around here at night?
And you're spending the night at this bulldozed lot?
Gisele: Um, no. I'm gonna contact Watcher now. She texted me earlier to say my house is ready.

Kalo: It's not even 9 pm and the streets are deserted. What kind of neighborhood is this?
Gisele: This neighborhood is Plaza Mariposa, Papa. It's the greenest area in Ciudad Enamorada.
Our lot is right across the street from Media Naranja park. 
You and Mama must come visit us during the day.

Kalo: Hmmph, this is Watcher's latest creation? Can't say I'm impressed.
To be honest, the house's façade is rather unattractive. 
Gisele: That's because the house isn't finished, Papa.
It's a one-story Mexican hacienda but Watcher stopped when its value reached §74,000.
It doesn't have any landscaping, curtains, patio furniture--it still needs lots of furnishings.

So there's a foyer, this great room, an inner courtyard with skylight, then a covered lanai...not bad.
But why didn't your house come fully furnished?
I offered to give you §25,000 toward your moving expenses.
Gisele: Papa, Gilberto and I moved out with §174,000 in savings.
Thank you for your generosity. Please save it for when one of Gal's children wants to move out.
And thank you for helping us move!

The Gen6 household
Home: Calle de Ensueño, Plaza Mariiposa (Ciudad Enamorada)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Teen (18 days to YA)

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Teen (18 days to YA)

The Gen5 household

Progress: End of Week 34

Notes
*Prom fail: Stupid patch-related community lot glitch!
  Gisele and Gilberto aren't even going to try to attend Prom while they're teens.

*Gisele's new home:  still needs a lot of work!
It'll ultimately have 4 bdrmss, 6 bthrms, a study, nursery, patio, and a nectar cellar.
So far, only the rooms that Gisele and Gilberto actually need have been furnished.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:34b: Spreading My Wings (6 Aug '24)
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2024, 02:25:05 AM »
So Derek likes messing about but not flirting. The social menus seem to be a bit more precise and easier to navigate now. I think  he'd be OK with anything from the affection or physical intimacy sections for romance. Just not from the flirting one. I bet Gisele could make him very satisfied! I'm sure she must be increasing her romance skill.

Aside from the (hopefully) temporary glitches, are you enjoying the new pack?

Nice house. I'm sure it'll be lovely when you've furnished it fully.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2024, 01:42:21 PM »
So Derek likes messing about but not flirting. The social menus seem to be a bit more precise and easier to navigate now. I think  he'd be OK with anything from the affection or physical intimacy sections for romance. Just not from the flirting one. I bet Gisele could make him very satisfied! I'm sure she must be increasing her romance skill.

Aside from the (hopefully) temporary glitches, are you enjoying the new pack?

Nice house. I'm sure it'll be lovely when you've furnished it fully.

I'm deeply unhappy about all the bugs the July 23 update has introduced to the game.
Since the July 23 patch, some days, I've spent hours and hours seeking a workaround for some new bug, then lose all interest in playing my Costas at all.
There are so many new bugs and I'm not sure they're even being acknolwedged.

As for the Lovestruck pack, after having partially furnished Gisele's new home, I wish Lovestruck offered a little more
As an expansion pack, it should've included a new set of kitchen counters, islands, cabinets, and bar stools.
I do think the new world and its builds are lovely..  EA Gamechanger builders did such a fantastic job! (I added their names to my Ciudad Enamorada Lot Info post.)
On Youtube, I enjoyed the spee build videos of Fritosaurio (creator of Media Naranja park, Mansion de .Mansión de la Pasión, and SUDOR gym) and RusticSims (Villa Cálida's creator).
I've watched several of Fritosaurio's vids in the past years, but I'd never seen anything by RusticSims or shikiuv.
I'm now a shikiuv fans, though (she created he lounge and the homes of the Lopez and Dynamic Daters' households).

You know me: like large family houses that are gameplay-efficient. The haciendas I found in the Gallery, however, were too big or not designed for gameplay.
So I spent practically a whole day browsing images and houseplans of one-story Mexican haciendas as well as one-story haciendas with inner courtyardss.
I never found a model I like for a hacienda facade, which is why it's so lackluster (understatement).
Anyway, Gisele's home will definitely be easily navigable for gameplay! I love big lots!!!

I can't really speak for the new gameplay features, considering Gisele's only been a teen for four days.
And I wanted to save exploring LOvestruck with Gisele and Gilberto, not her parents.
She can't use Cupid's Corner yet and the pool of available townie boys have horrid personality traits so far.
It's fine. Haha, I need her to NOT fall hopelessly in love until she's a YA, so we can play around with Cupid's Corner.

By the way, how long does summer vacation last in your area?
My Costas may be one generation ahead of the Makeys, but the Makeys are a sim-week ahead.
And I imagine Dai's generation will be a loooong one. 
Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should start that new magical farming game I recently bought (Fields of Mistria) until you'have more free time...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2024, 03:16:50 PM »
By the way, how long does summer vacation last in your area?
My Costas may be one generation ahead of the Makeys, but the Makeys are a sim-week ahead.
And I imagine Dai's generation will be a loooong one. 
Hmmm. I'm wondering if I should start that new magical farming game I recently bought (Fields of Mistria) until you'have more free time...
Other family commitments piled in on other stuff - another update coming before my bedtime - gen 6 has been born! :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2024, 03:25:03 PM »
Other family commitments piled in on other stuff - another update coming before my bedtime - gen 6 has been born! :)

YAY!!! I can't wait to meet them!  💖❤️💘

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2024, 04:28:47 PM »
Hello, friends!

I have been so very eager to play Gisele Costa and her brother Gilberto in their new life in Ciudad Enamorada.
In fact, I have already played halfway through the next week (Week 35).
However, this rl morning, they were unable to travel back home and the game looped endlessly at the loading screen for 30 minutes until I had to force-exit the game.
Ever since the July 23rd patch, I've been spending more time troubleshooting my various gameplay bugs than actually playing.
Today was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I'm off to play my new farm-sim game, Fields of Mistria, until Sims 4 becomes playable again.  By the way, I named my new farmer Gisele, hehe.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2024, 01:44:52 AM »
Have fun on your mid-season break. We'll look forward to your return in a less buggy future  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:35: Puppy Love (10 Aug '24)
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2024, 06:41:07 PM »
Have fun on your mid-season break. We'll look forward to your return in a less buggy future  :)

I missed my Costas too much to stay away very long. LOL!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 6:2: Puppy Love (10 Aug '24)
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2024, 06:43:29 PM »
6.2: Puppy Love

Sunday, Week 35, Year 3 (mid-winter)
Gisele: Last Wednesday, I aged up to a teen with my siblings Gilberto and Gal.
Gilberto and I had been saving up with plans to move out Thursday after school.
But my parents gave me some tasks to prove that I was ready to move.
It took me until Saturday afternoon, but I cleared those tasks with flying colors.
Gal's love Alejandro already married Gal and moved into Old Penelope.
When we realized that the Prom venue was glitched, Gilberto and I moved out.
(And yeah, we woke up before sunrise this morning to start our day.)

Gisele: I want to collect all 15 varieties of Axolotls.
But I don't know where, when, or how often they spawn.
I figure I'll start by fishing in pond near our home.

Around 10 am, I spot my very first Axolotl!
I know  they don't spawn at 6 am each morning since I've been fishing since 5 am.
Do I need to spend x hours in the area before one will spawn?
Hmmm, time to go check out the other pond in the Vista Hermosa hood.

While fishing in Vista Hermosa, I hear a muffled sniffling behind me. It's a…blue bear?
Apparently, they are a veritable fount of info about all things romance, but I can hardly ask…a bear!?
Anyway, asking about his sadness encourages the bear to share that they're sad about losing their ring.
I decide to help out the Ring Bear by fishing until I catch their lost ring.

Gilberto: Just great! Now Gisele doesn't want me to go fishing until she's found that lost ring.
I see her point. If I catch the ring instead of her, could she still be the one to help the Ring Bear.
Doing schoolwork inside the Laguna del Abrazo is uncomfortable.
Older women keep sitting at my table and striking up convos. Maybe I can do some painting outdoors.

Monday
Gisele: Today, Gilberto and I both take another vacation day from school.
Last night, I fished up the Ring Bear's ring. I can't wait to speak to him again.
I find them by the same pond in Vista Hermosa and he asks me to investigate the ring's mystery.
Once I'm done investigating, the Ring Bear announce that I've completed their quest. Cool!

Gilberto: I am my sister's ever faithful sidekick. Wherever she goes, I follow and explore the hood.
Both Vista Hermosa and Plaza Mariposa offer 4-6 dig sites, and a frog log.
An Axolotl spawned by the pond near our home without our being there.
Still no Axolotl in Vista Hermosa and Gisele spent most of yesterday fishing there.

Tuesday
Gisele: How do you like my little nectar cellar?  I only started brewing nectar yesterday.
Nectar making's a great side hustle! I can make a living while only working several hours a day.
I'm spend more time than that at first, though, so I can become an Expert Nectar Maker.
Gilberto and I are both B students so we're going to school today, hoping to become A students.

Gilberto: According to plan, we both graduated early today.
Gisele's decided her thing is nectar making and I'm already a Painter Extraordinaire.
I'm an Idea Person so I decide to try my hand at writing novels.
But what kind of books should I write? I guess I'll decide that later when I have more choice of genres.

Wednesday
Gisele: The hacienda's façade looked boring, so we added a "fake" room over the front porch.
The main house has so many rooms that we'll never need to use that second-floor room, I believe.

Here's the floor plan. I occupy the master bedroom at the top right.
Gilberto's using what will eventually become the guest bedroom. They both have ensuites.
Below the guest bedroom, there are a nursery, two bedrooms, and a future skilling room.
The inner courtyard is covered by a skylight.
Between the courtyard and the backyard patio, there's a covered lanai.

I've been working very hard on Nectar Making lately and decide I deserve a break tonight.
I call Daniel Gomez and ask him on a Get to Know You Date at home.
Messing around on a first date is not my style, but I want to try out our new Romance Blanket.
After we Watch the Sky, I can Snuggle with Daniel. Oh my gosh, Daniel is irresistible!

Daniel, who's a Creative Foodie, and I have good compatibility.
He's so adorable. After our First Kiss, I ask him to be my Romantic Partner.
Halfway through our first evening together, we're both feeling Very Satisfied romantically.
Our attraction to each other, however, is Neutral. Hmmm….

When I ask, Daniel agrees to extend our date.
Surprisingly, our attraction to each other is Neutral.
But with the extra hour, we achieve a gold-medal date.
And the reward?  A Cherished Mementos Portrait of Daniel and me.

Thursday
Since we moved here on Saturday night, I've spent five mornings here in Plaza Mariposa.
I've only found three unique Axolotl so far.
But Gilberto and I have managed to breed eight more unique ones.
Today, I'd like to hang out in Vista Hermosa to see if an Axolotl will spawn there.

Walking home, I find Derek Perez (High-Maintenance Recycle Disciple) at the front door.
He's very sad and I console him on the recent death of his father.
He's feeling Very Unsatisfied with our relationship while I'm just Unsatisfied.
I can't believe he's threatening to break up with me!

Did our relationship change because we weren't able to attend Prom last week?
Um, does violating Romantic Boundaries count even if he's not there to witness anything?

To keep an eye out for Axolotls, I ask Derek on a Romantic Date to the lounge in Vista Hermosa.
Yes, this is the neighborhood where Daniel Gomez lives with his sister, but he's at school now (I hope).
Derek dislikes Flirting but likes Messing Around, so I'm not even aiming for a quality date.
When he seems stuck on feeling romantically Satisfied, I suggest we mess around in the supply closet.

But on the way there, we're both feeling Very Satisfied romantically, so I quickly cancel messing around.
Whew! I really want to "save" that for The One, if you know what I mean.
After making me do all the work on our date, Derek suddenly gives me a Suave Kiss.
It's too little, too late. I ask Derek to just be friends and end our (bronze-medal) date cheerfully.
Ain't nobody got time for a high-maintenance partner!

Friday
Gilberto: As you might remember, I'm Romantically Reserved in real life.
What you didn't know is that I write torrid romance novels under the pseudonym Steam E. McDaddy..
What? You think my nom de plume sounds like an exotic dancer's nickname? Well, excuse you!
Oh, a Starlight Accolades nomination! I know how that goes. Definitely skipping the awards ceremony!

Gilberto: Who lives here? They must be filthy rich.
Gisele: My boyfriend Daniel and his twin sister Camila. And no, the house only costs §21,341.
I'm thinking of throwing a party tomorrow so I want to meet her.
Gilberto: You've been standing at that door for 2 hours now.
Gisele: Yeah, I'm waiting for the Knock on Door interaction to show up.
Gilberto: I bet this isn't even the front door! *runs around to the other side of the house and knocks

Gilberto: Wow, only an introduction and two friendly socials and I already ask you to be my BFF!
Camila: I guess that means we're compatible?
Gilberto: Yeah, we have good compatibility (I mean, it's not amazing, but she's pretty cute).
Camila: Can we sit and chat indoors? I'm tired of standing in the pond…

Gisele: Meanwhile, Daniel and I are getting our flirt on while standing in the murky pond.
And I max my Romance skill!
(I want to tell Daniel that I'm all his now but then I'd have to tell him about Alonzo and Derek.)

Saturday
Gisele: The weather's hot but overcast today. Not great weather for a patio party.
Instead, Gilberto and I go fishing in Vista Hermosa for hours, hoping that an Axolotl will spawn.
It doesn't.
It'll be hard to complete the Axoltl collection with only a single spawn site. I don't have rare ones yet.

At 6 pm, I invite Gilberto, Daniel, and Camila to San Myshuno for the Romance Festival.
Regarding my current relationship, the Romance Guru says it's "a match made to last the ages."
At 7 pm, I get the Travel to Prom prompt, but choose to skip Prom.
That decision immediately drops my relationship with Daniel from Steamy to Strained.  WTH!!?!?!

After I apologize, our relationship returns to Steamy.
But I still resent Daniel for not inviting me to Prom. 
I mean, I don't actually even want to go to Prom. That's the game telling me how to feel.   I hate that!
Daniel doesn't apologize in so many words but he treats me with affection.
Oh! I lost my resentment while we were flirting together!  Sweet!

Gallery Downloads
*"Colombian Siblings" by AlexiaVR.
   Daniel and Camila Gómez were aged down from YAs to Teens.
   I replaced the original "ó" in Gómez with an unaccented "o."
   I'd saved their household to MyLibrary at the start of this legacy challenge.
   They're a perfect addition to Gisele's generation in Ciudad Enamorada.
   Gisele first met Daniel at Desert Bloom Park. She has yet to meet his sister Camila.
*Casita del Amor (30x20): "@Tom1ish Lovestruck Start" by tomi1sh. §21,341
  With three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, it's a whole lotta house for a starter-house price.

The Gen6 household
Home: Calle de Ensueño, Plaza Mariposa (Ciudad Enamorada)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Teen (11 days to YA)

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Teen (11 days to YA)

Progress: End of Week 35

Notes
*Vanishing  club points/perks: I've been experiencing this bug ever since the July 23 patch.
  I discovered, however, that the Costa clubs don't reset as long as I don't Repair Game.  All was well.
  But thanks to the 8 August update, the Costa clubs again lost all their points and perks.  *sighs heavily

*Resume Writing: This feature has also been affected by the July 23 update.
  Similar to "Resume Knitting," sims are no longer able to resume writing a book once they've stopped.
  Beware of Call to Meal, Travel, or other actions that will interrupt a sim who's writing a book.
  Any book that's not completed in a single sitting can only be scrapped.

*Romantic Sage trait: I only enabled the Lovestruck pack after Gisele's teen birthday.
  If her parents had used the "Educate on Healthy Relationship" social on her when she was a child,
  she could've gained the Romantic Sage trait upon aging up to a teen.
  Since that wasn't the case, Gisele tries to often Discuss Healthy Relationships with other sims.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2024, 11:02:37 AM »
Daniel seems like a keeper...and his sister's nice too. But the course of true love ne'er runs smooth.

Good luck with those axolotls. And the bugs!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2024, 02:34:40 PM »
Daniel seems like a keeper...and his sister's nice too. But the course of true love ne'er runs smooth.

Good luck with those axolotls. And the bugs!

You're right.  Gisele's still a teen and still has her YA adventures before her.

The axolotls are maddening, haha.
I've watched YT videos on the axolotl collection by LilSimsie and the EnglishSimmer, both of which show two spawn sites.
For the life of us, we can't get the spawn site to spawn in Vista Hermosa.