Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 6.11: Autumn Leaf Piles! (7 Sep '24)  (Read 21691 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:31: We're Adulting Now (22 Jul '24)
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2024, 02:31:50 PM »
Career advancement when sent alone is the same as in other careers, ie about 25% of a bar, affected by entrepreneurial trait, etc. As you say, the 12 hour day is a killer but worth it if research shows the gig will be awkward. Plus everyone else can progress.

Definitely worth watching the budget figure rather than the pay. The Landgraabs wanted a whole new level (stairs, etc) for only £7k - stingy lot!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2024, 02:51:45 PM »
Career advancement when sent alone is the same as in other careers, ie about 25% of a bar, affected by entrepreneurial trait, etc. As you say, the 12 hour day is a killer but worth it if research shows the gig will be awkward. Plus everyone else can progress.

Definitely worth watching the budget figure rather than the pay. The Landgraabs wanted a whole new level (stairs, etc) for only £7k - stingy lot!

Thank you for sharing your experience about sending a sim alone to an Interior Decorator gig.
Wow, It's the same performance progress as a successful gig!
Admittedly, the Interior Decorator is easier for Kalo because Dorothy joined the career first. Thank you, Dorothy for sharing your experiences with Kalo!

Perhaps the toddler stage is a good time for Kalo to earn his last two promotions, as the toddlers can ask Sango and their stayover guests for help with skilling.
But, unless, Kalo gets a guaranteed promotion, though, he still needs to successfully complete 4 more gigs...

Wow, $7k for adding an entire level?  Kalo will be avoiding all low-budget room addition and level renovation gigs, if possible.
I hope the gig availability doesn't get more and more limited now.

By the way, Kalo only had a single crush throughout his teen years. But nobody even noticed or cared!
Kalo feels a bit cheated for having exercised such diligent chastity and restraint!
I mean, nobody even noticed or cared about his lack of crushing!
Sango, on the other hand, initially felt reflief but now believes his loyalty is only what she deserved!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2024, 01:58:37 AM »
It was touching that Sango was Kalos only crush.

Your previous Sims have tended towards the "love the one you're with" school of thought, as far as crushes go. My many gen 5 teens talked to many other Teens as I wanted them to crush in order to choose their own mate. But, no! I think there was only one crush between the lot of them so I went on "amazing compatibility"

It is funny how the crush game-play varies. It's good as it increases the random element.

I know the new pack has additional layers of attraction and compatibility. I'm slightly nervous that Dai has a destined mate but his Watcher will be on a learning curve to match-make! Oh, and now I've got a Fiddler On The Roof song as an earworm! Drat!

PS Sango does deserve Kalos Loyalty. She was a Wonder Child, after all! Lol!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2024, 08:27:27 AM »

Your previous Sims have tended towards the "love the one you're with" school of thought, as far as crushes go. My many gen 5 teens talked to many other Teens as I wanted them to crush in order to choose their own mate. But, no! I think there was only one crush between the lot of them so I went on "amazing compatibility"

It is funny how the crush game-play varies. It's good as it increases the random element.

I know the new pack has additional layers of attraction and compatibility. I'm slightly nervous that Dai has a destined mate but his Watcher will be on a learning curve to match-make! Oh, and now I've got a Fiddler On The Roof song as an earworm! Drat!

Oh! I wonder if teen  crushing got nerfed in anticipation for (or as collateral damage of) the release of Lovestruck?
Yes, my previous male teen heirs have crushed on multiple male sims (the more unexpected and inappropriate the better).
I'd been worried that the same would happen to Kalo, especially since he had to interact with StrangerVille's Scientists and Military.
For the sake of Sango's romantic ideals (haha), I'm glad Kalo was NOT the Costa heir to test out the Lovestruck waters.  🤣🤣🤣

Have you been watching the many Lovestruck-related early access videos on Youtube lately?
DrGlueon's first Early Access video was hilarious!
Okay, I' moff to go speed-raise the triplet toddlers!  Looking forward to reading more about Dai!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2024, 09:40:58 AM »

Oh! I wonder if teen  crushing got nerfed in anticipation for (or as collateral damage of) the release of Lovestruck?
Yes, my previous male teen heirs have crushed on multiple male sims (the more unexpected and inappropriate the better).
I'd been worried that the same would happen to Kalo, especially since he had to interact with StrangerVille's Scientists and Military.
For the sake of Sango's romantic ideals (haha), I'm glad Kalo was NOT the Costa heir to test out the Lovestruck waters.  🤣🤣🤣

Have you been watching the many Lovestruck-related early access videos on Youtube lately?
Okay, I' moff to go speed-raise the triplet toddlers!  Looking forward to reading more about Dai!
btw - there's a bug in the latest update - don't click on a Child/Teem Simology panel or the game goes crazy! They're working on a fix as I write!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2024, 10:21:07 AM »

btw - there's a bug in the latest update - don't click on a Child/Teem Simology panel or the game goes crazy! They're working on a fix as I write!

Oh, thank you for this info! The triplets are currently toddlers and I just now checked one of their Simology panels before seeing this latest message of yours.
I do notice that, after the patch, the toddlers can't ask their grandparents (or great-grandfather) as Caregivers.  :(

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2024, 12:57:01 PM »

Oh, thank you for this info! The triplets are currently toddlers and I just now checked one of their Simology panels before seeing this latest message of yours.
I do notice that, after the patch, the toddlers can't ask their grandparents (or great-grandfather) as Caregivers.  :(
There also seems to be a problem with increased autonomous Mean interactions between happy Sims  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2024, 06:46:17 PM »

There also seems to be a problem with increased autonomous Mean interactions between happy Sims  ::)

I doubt that glitch will affect my game since my go-to MCCC setting is to disable autonomous Mean interactions.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2024, 07:39:43 PM »
What a great job you're doing with your renovation gigs! I'm really happy to see that Sango and Kalo married and aged up without Kalo crushing on anyone else!

Your Gen 6 toddlers are so cute! I certainly understand why you picked Gisele as heir, but really, all of the kids are so precious; looking forward to seeing them grow.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2024, 10:10:19 AM »
The Interior Decorator gigs, if chosen in a way to ensure success, are definitely fun!
As 7-9 active gigs or 12-hour rabbithole gigs, they make the task of concurrently raising multiple infants quite difficult since stayover guests aren't that helpful for earning milestones.
(Well, an infant can ask to be held that repeatedly socialize with a stayover guest or ask to be placed on a playmat so they can Look at Toys...)
The career is somewhat glitched--asking you for room renovations that require rearranging walls, yet that cannot be achieved "legally."
Instead, I've had to go to Manage Worlds/Build mode to expand a bathroom for a "More Spacious Bathroom" gig, then return to StrangerVille and click on Kalo to return to the gig.
I'll be happy to be done with those gigs.  Perhaps it my fault for having Kalo start a family just as he joined the career but all other careers are easier to juggle work and family, so...

Yes, Gisele is the obvious.  The Costa founder Renato was a redhead and Gisele will be our first redheaded heir!
Plus, she's a skilling demon!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:7: The Wishing Well Wishes Me Well (27 Jul '24)
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2024, 05:43:44 PM »
5.7: The Wishing Well Wishes Me Well!

Sunday, Week 32, Year 3 (mid-autumn)
Kalo: Last Monday, Sango and I married, aged up, and tried for baby all in a single day.
How our lives have changed! The biggest change for me was becoming a full-time Interior Decorator.
Scratch that, the biggest change for us both is becoming parents to TRIPLETS!
A stayover including Grandpa Thyme, Grandma Kelsey, and Masa the Servo doesn't work out.
Our new, improved stayover keeps Grandpa Thyme and adds my parents, Papas Night and Lou.
From L to R: Sango holding Gilberto, Gisele standing, and me holding Gal.

Kalo: I hadn't planned to work a gig today, but I consulted the Well which guaranteed me a promotion.
The available gigs included an Office Renovation (budget: §5,091) for Papa Thyme. How could I refuse?
I have four hours before the gig starts, so I wake up our triplets and start reading.
Hopefully, I'll have enough time to "Read to a child for two hours." *rolls eyes

I arrive at Grandpa Thyme's home ready to renovate his workshop.
He's the only one who has and needs his own workspace.  It's already perfect!
It contains his best utili-bots, Robotics Workstation, laptop & desk, and many Focusing objects.
The wall and floor materials were imported here from Batuu.
What a tragedy that Grandpa Thyme's office reno must incorporate the entire household's preferences.
And because Masa's a servo, I couldn't use Friendly social to uncover his personal preferences.

I'm not crazy about the final result.  During the reveal, I discover I can't show off any robotics-related stuff.
Sorry, Grandpa Thyme! Instead, I point out a Violin for Grandma Kelsey and Writing Implements for Masa.
(None of the family liked Writing or White, so I assume those are Masa's preferences.)
Grandpa Thyme's son-in-law Zayne likes blue, which is why the office has a white-and-blue color theme.

Kalo: Masa the servo has some nerve complaining about my design when:
(1) he wouldn't share ANY of his design preferences through socials (because...servo), and
(2) that office is not even for Masa; it's for his creator Grandpa Thyme. Sheesh!
With compassion as vast as an ocean, Grandpa Thyme says he loves his new office to spare my feelings.

Monday
Kalo: Around 1 am, I checked for gigs and found an easy Bathroom Reno with a §4k budget.
So I asked the Well for a guaranteed promotion and got a full promotion instead.
Yep! With the Well's he4lp,  Starting at level 4, I maxed my Interior Decorator career after completing only five gigs.
I immediately cancel my Bathroom Reno so I can stay home and help the toddlers with their skilling.

Kalo: Watcher likes to measure a toddler's skilling progress by assigning one point per skill level.
With four 5-level skills plus the 3-level Potty skill, that's 23 points total.

Our firstborn, Gilberto (Charmer), is making great progress at 17 points (about 74%).
We thought Gal would be fastest since she's Independent, but she lags behind at 14 points.

The big surprise has been Gisele, who's nearly maxed her skills already.
Is she learning faster than her siblings because she's friendlier with her caregivers?
A Charmer, she has max friendship with both grandpas and is friends with her great-grandpa.
In comparison, Gilberto is only friends with Great-Grandpa Thyme; Gal isn't friends with any of the three.

Not surprisingly, Gisele maxes her remaining skill before noon.
Gilberto and Gal will probably not catch up until tomorrow.
Friendship levels with caregivers definitely matter.
Gal has to ask her Grandpa Night for potty help three times before he agrees to help.
By the way, it seems I'll be appearing in an Ace of Space episode this Friday. Which reno will be featured?

Tuesday
Sango: I still have a passion for woodworking but there's not much for me to craft anymore.
I guess I could craft camping mascots to sell on Plopsy, but what's the fun in that?
I have a new passion: Cooking! I swear, I must have been a Chef in a past life!
Since yesterday, I've been working on the Appliance Wiz aspiration.
Watcher got tired of me walking all over the house so I'm locked inside the kitchen. It's fine!

Kalo: Grandpa Thyme, among all my family, you've always been my favorite. Will you take this?
You're going to be an elder in 2-3 days, right?
Thyme: That's true. But I've already had one Potion of Youth and I have the Long-Lived trait.
Kalo: C'mon Grandpa. Let me do this to thank you for everything you've done for me.

Though Gisele maxed her skills before noon yesterday, but it takes Gilberto until 7 pm today.
Independent Gal still has 1.5 levels to max but she desperately needs to sleep now.
Independence is good, but Gal's stubbornness and poor relations with our stayover guests slow her down.
(Gal later wakes up at midnight and knocks out her last two skills on her own by 3 am.)

Wednesday
Kalo: Who hosts a birthday party for toddlers at 8 am?  We do!
I've invited all the past Costa heirs, their spouses, my brother Fenris, and my StrangerVille neighbors.

Sango: You just missed seeing the splash for my completing Appliance Wiz.
But one of the triplets phoned to sign up for an After-School Activity and that popup covered my splash.
Hey, maybe Gisele will want to run a food stand when she's a teen to fund her moving expenses?
I could supply her with the good stuff!

Gisele: Hmmm, who should I choose as my BFF for Social Butterfly? A parent, grandpa, or great-grandpa?
Kalo: It's great that you have such a large pool of family who are BFF-ready for you, Gisele.
But I can't believe you didn't choose me!
Gisele: What can I say, Papa? Grandpa Lou is so…pretty!

Thursday
Kalo: I wish there were a way to politely ask my fans not to send me Hero of StrangerVille gifts.
Today's Koi fish is new to our household but we're not trying to complete the Fish collection.
The most common gift is spoiled cupcakes. I mean, what do I do with those?

Sango: Oh no, Kalo! What's going on?
Kalo: Calm down, Sango. I just discovered that I'm a Maker like you.
Sango: Thank goodness! I thought you were going to be abducted and probed, then come back preg…
Kalo (interrupts): Sssshhh, stop that right now! You don't want to give the Aliens or Watcher any ideas, do you?

Friday
Gisele: We worked on badges yesterday and didn't do school projects, but we earned As today anyway. Yay!
While telling Grandpa Lou he's my favorite, I gained a Supportive relationship with him plus got my Sociability badge.
After some swinging, I'm the first to become a Llamacorn Scout, but Gilberto and Gal aren't that far behind.
And Papa made the playground area smaller this morning to squeeze in a treehouse!

Saturday
Kalo: Well darn! I was so engrossed in adding lighting to the treehouse that I completely forgot!
Sango: Oh, me too! We didn't get to watch your appearance on the Dream Home Decorator Network.
Look! Grandpa Thyme's leaving because the kids are busy Practicing Typing!
Kalo: We can't have that! The kids adore him and he feels the same! Let's add him to our family club, shall we?

Gilberto: Wow, you're almost done with Social Butterfly and Gal just became a Playtime Captain!
But why are we spending this beautiful day at home instead of going out somewhere?
Gisele: We're all waiting for you to finish Rambunctious Scamp. Hurry and get a high score already!

Gilberto: As soon as I finish Rambunctious Scamp, Papa whisks us off to Ohana'ali Beach.
I've decided that, when Gisele moves out to do her heir stuff, I'm going with her!
First thing we need to do is earn our own moving expenses so our parents can't tell us where to live!
Gisele and I try beachcombing for seashells but only find a few each.  Maybe fishing?

Gisele: Where you going, Gilberto?
Gilberto: We can't fish here. I tried 4-5 times, with and without bait.
Gisele: Well, we've travelled to Mu'a Pelam but we can't fish here either.
Watcher: No use, kids. I googled it and nobody can fish in Sulani after the latest patch/hotfixes.

Gisele: Why are we fishing in Tomarang, Papa?
Kalo: I thought you were really keen to go fishing today so I brought you to Koh Sahpa.
Gilberto: But it's nearly 9 pm and we haven't eaten since lunch time.  We're starving!
Kalo: Okay, okay. What'll it be?  The Night Market in Tomarange or ice cream at Chompy's?
Gisele: Are you serious, Papa? We've heard about that place but never gone there!

Gisele: Chompy's Monsta Ice Cream parlor is The Best! Can we come here every day?
Sango: That's too much, Gisele.
Thyme: Why don't you just make ice cream at home? And you can add your own toppings.
Gisele: Great-Grandpa Thyme, you are super, super awesome. Will you be my BFF?

The Gen5 household
Home: Old Penelope, StrangerVille Plaza
Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Self-Assured, Ambitious (+Foodie, Family Oriented, Maker)
Spouse: Sango (Odrade); Children: Gilberto, Gal, & Gisele

Sango (Odrade) Costa (Gen5 spouse) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Maker, Family Oriented (+Foodie, Perfectionist)

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Child (11 days to Teen)
Traits: Wiggly/Charmer; Loves the Outdoors (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Hates Wakeup Time

Gal Costa (Gen6 spare) - Child (11 days to Teen)
Traits: Sunny/Independent; Good (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: ? (never noticed one)

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Child (11 Days to Teen)
Traits: Wiggly/Charmer; Music Lover (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Hates Being Carried

Progress: End of Week 32
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Appliance Wiz: I had to lock Sango inside the kitchen after a while.
   She'd been collecting prepped ingredients without moving them directly into her inventory.
  Instead, she held them in her hand while walking through the dining room to the living room.
  There, she'd sit in an armchair and finally put the prepped ingredients into her inventory.
  The first milestone requires her to Collect Prepped Ingredients 5 Times While Inspired."
   Of course, Kalo's in the living room so Sango has to take Cold and Thoughtful Showers to be Inspired again.
   I don't mind waiting between the Prep and Collect Ingredients actions.
   But why does a sim need to walk two rooms away and sit down to put the ingredients into their inventory?
   On the other hand, I love this aspiration's reward trait. <3

*Post-patch/hotfix blues: It's been so hard to play since July 23rd's patch and three hotfixes.
  Besides the random crashing, sims can no longer fish in Sulani.
  Also, my latest glitch is that the two main Costa clubs, started in Gen1, have been reset.
  Five generations worth of club points and club perks have vanished.
  I first noticed this yesterday with the Stayover club which includes Kalo's closest family members.
  We lost the perks for extra club members so both Kalo's parents were kicked out.   
  It is not essential that I play with clubs, but it's just one more issue with the latest update(s). Sighs.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Firstly, major congratulations to Kalo for completing gen 5. He's done so well in a tricky career. (Congats to the Wishing Well too, lol)

The various bugs are quite wide-ranging and random! I hadn't noticed a problem with clubs as I've only got 5 in mine. I'll have to check that later. And no fishing in Sulani? Oh, for goodness sake!

The walking to a chair to sit down before putting things in inventory is something I've only noticed with homework before. They'll be quite happily sitting on a sofa, doing homework. But when they finish, they have to sit at a table or counter before putting the book away. So annoying when you're in a rush.

Watching the featured item for the Deco career is a nice thing - Dorothy got a congrats phone call from a friend when she did. The rest of the family didn't really engage with it. I didn't notice if the screen actually showed one of Dorothy's makeovers although I did try to spot it.

Good luck Giselle as you take on the heir mantle

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Firstly, major congratulations to Kalo for completing gen 5. He's done so well in a tricky career. (Congats to the Wishing Well too, lol)

The various bugs are quite wide-ranging and random! I hadn't noticed a problem with clubs as I've only got 5 in mine. I'll have to check that later. And no fishing in Sulani? Oh, for goodness sake!

The walking to a chair to sit down before putting things in inventory is something I've only noticed with homework before. They'll be quite happily sitting on a sofa, doing homework. But when they finish, they have to sit at a table or counter before putting the book away. So annoying when you're in a rush.

Watching the featured item for the Deco career is a nice thing - Dorothy got a congrats phone call from a friend when she did. The rest of the family didn't really engage with it. I didn't notice if the screen actually showed one of Dorothy's makeovers although I did try to spot it.

Good luck Giselle as you take on the heir mantle

I only have two main clubs that get passed down plus each new gen creates a temporary club.
I don't care about the third club but the first two club had all the mood boosts, Rally the Troops, Networked, and extra club member spots.
Or did you mean five total clubs in your Makey simverse?

I don't think it's sitting in a chair, as Sango walked through a dining room with 8 dining chairs to sit in an armchair in the living room.
It's particularly annoying with the Appliance Wiz aspiration due to the following tasks:
*Collect Preppred Ingredients Five Times While Inspired;
*Collect 3 Prepped Ingredients Made Using Fresh Ingredients; and
*Collect one Excellent-Quality Ingredient.
In my case, Sango walked two rooms away to sit down and put away the ingredients, until I removed the kitchen arches.  Then, she collected the ingredients and put them straight into personal inventory.
From now on, I will always lock the sim doing Appliance Wiz into the kitchen, lol!

We are so sad about missing Kalo's appearance on the Dream Home Decorator Network, but it was the next morning when I realized we missed it and I didn't want to roll bacik to an earlier save.
*sniffle, sniffle

As eager as I am for Gisele to move out and start her new life, the Costas are one generation ahead of the Makeys, so I'm not going to age Gisele into a teen early.
I'm so impatient!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:8: Our Junior Moneyspinners (31 Jul '24)
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2024, 11:55:50 AM »
5.8: Our Junior Moneyspinners

Sunday, Week 33, Year 3 (late autumn)
Kalo: Last week, I maxed my Interior Decorator career on Monday, with help from the Wishing Well.
On Wednesday, our toddler triplets aged up to grade-schoolers and Sango completed Appliance Wiz.
For the rest of the week, the kids became Llamacorn Scouts and worked on their aspirations.
From L to R: Gisele (Gen6 heir), Gilberto, Sango & me, and Gal

Sango: We're so proud of Gal for being our first child to learn to ride a bicycle.
Gilberto and Gisele say they're only riding their bikes for 4 hours for Playtime Captain.
Otherwise, they're more interested in Creative Genius and Slumber Party Animal than Mind & Body.
Speaking of slumber parties, they need to craft Friendship Bracelets.

Gisele: Today, I've started the Creative Genius aspiration, but I can't Stargaze until tonight.
Since it's a hot day, I sell Iced Tea at 200% markup (§120/glass), earning a total of §1,620.
Papa also suggests we breed frogs. I read online that kids can record and edit videos.
Gilberto's going to try it out tonight while I'm sleeping in the Treehouse.

Monday
Gilberto: Last night, I learned to ride a bike then recorded a Tech Review, which is trending now.
This morning, I check my video again and learn that I can do more!
After school, I Rename and Edit my Poor video to Fair quality, then upload it.
Wait till Gisele hears this news! She's gonna want to try this, too!

Tuesday
Gisele: Last night, I bought the Savant trait first to learn the Media Production skill faster.
Then, I finish processing my two recordings before school this morning.
My first video was Fair, improving to Good after Editing then adding Transitions.
My second video was Good, improving to Excellent after Editing then adding Transitions and Effects.

Gilberto: Your second video is amazing, so I also bought the Savant trait today.
How many videos did you upload today?
Gisele: Two more excellent Tech Reviews. You?
Gilberto: I recorded three Funny Vlogs while I was feeling Playful but they still need processing.

Wednesday
Gisele: On my way out the door today, I enter the Bear phase but it's too late to take the day off.
Why do we even have to go to school anymore, anyway?
Our teen birthday's in a week but I've already completed six aspirations.
I really wanna stay home the rest of the week, with a slumber party on Friday or Saturday, of course!

Sango: We really dropped the ball on our kids!
Kalo: Yeah, we should've already been able to write them Excuse Notes!
Sango: Is it okay for Gilberto and Gisele to be so focused on making money? They're still just kids.
Kalo: True, but they each had one video nominated for an Accolade Award.
Let's try to remember to take them to the Award Ceremony next Sunday.

Gisele: Gilberto and I are taking a break from recording vids because the trending categories changed.
We'd need to use drones to jump on the current trends and that's too much effort, y'know?
So I'm selling off the remaining Iced Tea from the other day. 
This guy's Estevan Eggleston. He's my best customer. I hear he's, like, an OG resident of StrangerVille.

Thursday
Gisele: Gil and I got a lot done today because Papa wrote us Excuse Notes for school!
Gilberto: Yeah, we recorded and uploaded more videos, even though they're not trending.
Gisele: Thanks for your help. Now Papa can't stop us from moving to Ciudad Enamorada.
Gilberto: You really want to move there, do you?
Gisele: Yep, it's hot and humid, I think. I know exactly where we're gonna live, too!  Plaza Mariposa!
Gilberto: Hey, I'm a Chopstick Savvy Spice Hound now.
Gisele: Awww, I need to eat one more serving to earn those traits. But we both have them now!

Friday
Gilberto: Do you like Fishing, Gisele?
Gisele: I dunno. But I was tired of making videos and wanted to spend time outdoors somewhere.
Gilberto: You catch anything besides fish yet?
Gisele: Yeah, a cowberry and two seed crystals.

Gisele: I love Chompy's Monsta Ice Cream parlor, but our order is taking too long.
Are we gonna be late for our own slumber party? It starts a 7 pm and it's already 5:30.
Kalo: If our order hasn't arrived by 6 pm, we'll just go home, okay?

Kalo: Looks like we'll be visiting Moonwood Mill tomorrow, kids.
My father wants to see me but we're too busy tonight.
Gilberto: Oh nice! I miss Grandpa Night and Grandpa Lou.
Gal: Me, too. For us kids, it'll be our first trip to Moonwood Mill!

Gisele (sighs): Of course, I don't have time to eat my ice cream before we have to head home!
Anyway, all three of us have good friends for exchanging Friendship Bracelets.
Gilberto: My Bracelet Buddy's Kiley Landgraab. She's an Animal Enthusiast.
Gal: Mine is Great-Grandpa Thyme's next-door neighbor, Alejandro Elden. He Loves the Outdoors.
Gisele: Mine is Alonzo Talla, a descendant of Duane Talla and Morgan Fyres. He's Hotheaded, yikes!

Sango (to Kalo): Are all the attractive redheads in our simverse related to the Costas or Morgan Fyres?
Kalo: I know one who's related to you!
Sango: But I'm a Costa now, too.

Gisele: Papa created an outdoor cinema for us, but nobody wants to sit down. *shrugs

Gisele: We get stuck on the "Tell Stories from Sleeping Bag 0/2" task.
I've already told 3 stories and Gilberto's told 2 so far, but it only counts one.
Actually, Gilberto and I both glitch while telling our 3rd stories and need to be reset. Ugh!

Saturday
Gisele: We never complete that Tell Stories party goal.
But, as soon as we all go to sleep, we earn a gold medal anyway.  Phew!
Gilberto: Gisele and I already maxed our Charisma while making videos.
So we don't get any skill boosts for our gold-medal slumber party.

Gal: It's 8 am. I wonder when our guests are gonna wake up.
Gisele: I wish we could all have a big breakfast together!
Gal: Yeah. Watcher says her sleepovers always ended with a big breakfast with fancy waffles.
Gilberto: Who knows when they'll wake up? I'm gonna go make a couple videos.

Gisele: We've uploaded 10 videos each so far, Gilberto. Do you think that's enough?
Gilberto: Yeah, we'll earn royalties from them for several more days, I guess.
But four of your videos and three of mine were nominated for an award.
Gisele: Yeah, we definitely need to attend the Accolade Awards ceremony tomorrow!

Kalo: I forgot how much sooner it gets dark here in Moonwood Mill, Papa.
Night: You really came, Kalo!
Kalo: Of course, we did. We couldn't visit yesterday because of the kids' slumber party.
Night: I'm so proud of you, son! And you have a great family! Lou and I adore you kids, you know.

Sango: Can't you two chill and have fun sometimes? What are our junior moneyspinners up to now?
Gilberto: No, we can't, Mama. We'll be teens Wednesday. That's only four days away!
Gisele: Yeah. We both bought the Marketable trait tonight, so we're knitting llama neckwarmers.
Sango: You both need to enjoy your childhood more. What if we visit Selvadorada tomorrow?
Gisele: Um, only if we're back by 7pm for the Accolade Awards Ceremony!

Kalo (gives family kiss): I'm so surprised that both you and Papa Night are BFFs with all three triplets.
Lou: It wasn't hard after our stayover. I only wish we saw more of you and your family, Kalo.
Kalo: You and Papa Night are both Immortal Wolves, but Sango and I are mortal.
I'm counting on you two to look after Gisele and her family, okay?

Gilberto: I love our grandpas and all, but  I wonder how much longer we're staying here tonight.
Gisele: You thinking the same thing I'm thinking?
Gilberto: Absolutely! I want to go home, produce a video, and see if the Marketable trait matters.
Gisele: *high fives

The Gen5 household
Home: Old Penelope, StrangerVille Plaza
Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - YA
Traits: Music Lover, Self-Assured, Ambitious (+Foodie, Family Oriented, Maker)
Spouse: Sango (Odrade); Children: Gilberto, Gal, & Gisele

Sango (Odrade) Costa (Gen5 spouse) - YA
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Maker, Family Oriented (+Foodie, Perfectionist)

Gilberto Costa (Gen6 spare) - Child (4 days to Teen)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors  (+Chopstick Savvy, Spice Hound)

Gal Costa (Gen6 spare) - Child (4 days to Teen)
Traits: Good

Gisele Costa (Gen6 heir) - Child (4 Days to Teen)
Traits: Music Lover  (+Chopstick Savvy, Spice Hound)

Progress: End of Week 33
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Video Production: This is my first time having children try this out.  We don't care about Fame.
  So, I've had both Gilberto and Gisele Step Out of the Spotlight twice each already.
  I'm surprised these two received a combined total of 7 award nominations for their 20 videos!
  Surely, one of them will receive an Accolades Award, won't they?

*Our junior capitalists: Have amassed slightly over §35,000 together.
  Of course, accepting §20,000 from their parents would let them build an even nicer starter home.
  Hmmmm, what to do? What to do?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:33: Our Junior Moneyspinners (31 Jul '24)
« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2024, 02:31:57 PM »
Gis & Gil are doing great. I'm still trying to work out which gen they're doing.

Meanwhile, irl, I've been busy with Granny Daycare for the summer vacation. Exhausting, fun and no opportunity for Simming. Normal service will be resumed soon.