Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5:32: The Wishing Well Wishes Me Well (27 Jul '24)  (Read 11099 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.27: Announcing the Next Heir (7 Jul '24)
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2024, 04:15:01 AM »
4.27: Announcing the Next Heir!

Sunday, Week 27, Year 3 (late spring)
Night: Last week, we started out with two toddlers and Lou in his second trimester.
Monday, I woohoo'd with Lou and accidentally got pregnant, too.
We ended the week with two children and three toddlers.
In other news, I completed my goal of bringing together various life states as Friends of the Pack.
From L to R: Our youngest Fenris, Lou holding Luna, Serafina, me holding Asena, and Kalo

I wish there were a way to read to our toddlers continuously.
I've asked Sera to do her homework at the kitchen counter.
But every time I finish a book, the toddlers and I get up then Sera steals one of the toddlers' seats.
Can you believe she repeated that four times? I've locked her out of the house!

Lou: No offense, Night, but I've decided to leave the Moonwood Collective.
Night: No, Lou! You can't leave! You're the pack leader's spouse and…
Lou: Exactly! As your spouse, I'm the packmate you're around the most.
I'm sick and tired of you Commanding me to "Go fetch something cool" for you.
Night: But I can't help it, Lou! As pack leader, it's something I do autonomously.

Lou: Autonomous or not, I'm your partner not your slave. I'm leaving the pack to save our marriage, Night.
I'm done with you making me drop my queue because you Command me to go do something unnecessary.
Night: I'm so sorry, Lou. I don't want to be in the Moonwood Collective without you.
Tomorrow, let's go meet with Jacob Volkov together, okay?

Monday
Jacob: You want to turn over the Moonwood Collective's leadership to me?
But why? You've done such a great job leading our pack!
Night: Thank you, but I feel I've achieved my primary goals as pack leader.
Now, I need to devote more of my time and energy to my partner and our family.

Night: You'll  make a fantastic pack leader, Jacob! That's why I chose you!
Will you accept leadership of the Moonwood Collective, Jacob?
Jacob: Yes, thank you for your trust in me, Night. *howls
Night: *submits to Jacob's leadership by kneeling before him

Lou: Jacob, Night and I wish to leave the Moonwood Collective.
Jacob: Please, no! You two are the heart of our pack!
Lou: Night has a full-time job and we have five children. We can't keep up with our pack duties.
Jacob: Okay, but you're both still Friends of the Moonwood Collective, Lou. *gifts a Grilled Luna Fish to each of them
Lou: Thank you, Jacob. We will come hang out as often as we can.

Night: How wonderful that we have so much time for our children now!
After playing with Luna, I've promised to take Kalo volunteering.
Lou: Our oldest toddler Asena maxed all her toddler skills this afternoon.
Luna is close to finished, but Fenris still needs two more needs.

Tuesday
Lou: I've decided to join the Culinary career to earn the Fresh Chef trait.
Just think, when the next heir moves out, I can give them a box filled with meals that never spoil!
This isn't something I'm required to do, so I'll try to reach L8 Chef as fast as I can.

Lou: Sera's Empathy is around 60%, Night. Let's go ahead and age her up to a teen.
Night: Great timing, Lou! Look, Sera already completed Mansion Baron, too!
Lou: Nice! Once you get an A and have 3 character traits in range, you can age up to a YA!
Sera: Why did I have to age up to a teen while Kalo waits for his birthday next week?
Night: Trust me. You're lucky that you're aging up early and moving out soon.

Wednesday
Night: Fenris is getting so close to being able to age up!
C'mon, son! Your sisters are waiting on you to blow out their birthday candles!

Night: It's a great time for the trio to age up! It's too late for them to attend school today.
Lou: Yeah. But early enough that they have a full day for scouting and schoolwork before tomorrow.
Night: Toddle on over and blow out your candles, kiddos!

Night: After much discussion, Lou and I have chosen Kalo as the next Costa heir.
Because we'd wanted a female heir, Luna was initially a strong candidate but Kalo is such an achiever!
Besides completing Scouts and five aspirations so far, he already has three character traits in range.
He's 8 days older than you three and we've switched his personality trait to Perfectionist.

Lou: Asena is an Art Lover, Luna is a Music Lover, and Fenris is Good.
I love Fenris as he shares my coloring, but I also love Kalo because he combines the best of Night and me.

Sera: Why are you rushing me so hard?  Last night, you stripped me of my Werewolf nature.
And today, after I brought home an A on my first day of high school, you tell me to age up to a young adult!
Night: How did you graduate as valedictorian? You only did schoolwork yesterday.
Sera (ignores Night): And if that weren't enough, you then drag me to the Magical HQ.
I agreed to let a Sage give me a Rite of Ascension, Papa, because you asked me to do it.  But why? WHY!?

Kalo: Hello there, Sages! I'd like to introduce myself because I'll be returning next week when I'm a teen.
Mischief Sage on left (sniff, sniff): But you smell like a Werewolf, son. You can't become a Spellcaster.
Kalo: I'm a Dormant Wolf but I plan to fully transform then cure myself completely.
Then, hopefully, I can become a Spellcaster and not some buggy hybrid occult.
Practical Sage (right): Sounds like a solid plan. Once you're cured, come see me.
I'd love to be the one to give you The Rite of Ascension. It will be a historic moment!

Thursday
Lou: Do you think we were too harsh in rushing Sera to move out?
Night: Not at all. In fact, we probably saved her life. Remember how angry Watcher was last week?
Lou: Yeah. Watcher had been planning Sera's Death by Meteorite when she got distracted by her new city-builder game.
Well, everyone would agree that Sera was annoying. She'd always do exactly what you didn't want her to.
Night: The stories of Sera's horrible behavior are too numerous to mention.
But Sera lucked out.  Instead of Death by Meteorite, she aged up early and lives with the founder.
Lou: Renato and Phoebe Costa live in Evergreen Harbor with their very attractive twin grandsons, right?

Kalo: Today, I'm starting on one of my heir requirements, the Creative Genius aspiration.
I'm so lucky that our papas built a treehouse at home.
Great-Grandpa Edgar is my favorite relative, but I don't have time for a sleepover in Tartosa this week.

Friday
Luna: There goes Papa Lou, off on his first day of work!
Fenris: How come Papa isn't wearing a uniform?  Don't cooks wear uniforms?
Asena: Maybe he needs to be a better cook first?

Kalo: Papa Night gave me his camera this morning so I've been taking pictures all afternoon.
Look at these two shots I snapped of Papa Night standing in the same pose.
He's so cool, right?

Saturday
Fenris: When Kalo was recently chosen as the next heir, he switched from a Music Lover to a Perfectionist.
I hope he's better at being a Perfectionist than I am.  I'm always, always, always lagging behind my sisters.
Asena's first at everything: infant milestones, toddler skills, scout badges, and childhood aspirations.
How does she do it? Like, just as I'm starting on Rmabunctious Scamp…

Asena: I'm nearly finished. All that's left is that high score in Key Commander!
Fenris worries about being slower than Luna and me, but he still achieved the most important thing!
All three of us earned our ninth badge yesterday evening and quit Scouts.
We can enjoy our weekend without getting interrupted by Scout meetings!

Night: Hello, Grandpa Edgar! How nice to hear your voice! How have you been?
Edgar: So, you still haven't announced the next heir to the family. Who is it?
Night: It's our second child, Kalo. He just completed Creative Genius this morning.
Edgar: What!? Why didn't you come over to use our treehouse?
Night: Lou worked all weekend, Grandpa. Kalo's teen birthday is next Tuesday.
How about we throw him a big birthday party at your place?

Lou: I really should've joined the Chef career sooner, but life was too hectic with all the babies!
I only need two more promotions until I reach Level 8.
And I work both Sunday and Monday, so let's hope the Wishing Well smiles favorably on me!

Kalo: Papa Lou, look at these photos I took of Papa Night yesterday.
Would you do the same thing? Stand in the same pose in your human and wolf forms?
Lou: How's this?
Kalo: Papa Lou, I'm crossing my fingers that, when I grow up, I look just like you! (Um, in human form…)

Luna (front center): What's gonna happen to us after Kalo's birthday next Tuesday?
Asena: Our dads both dote on Fenris so I bet they're planning to have Fenris stay here.
Luna: Does that mean you and I have to move out?
Asena: Yes. I have the Greater Wolf trait so I wanna remain a werewolf and marry a Werewolf.
Luna: Not me. I want to be cured and become a Spellcaster. There's this boy I met at school…
Asena: Well, if we want to have any say in our future partners, we'll need to age up early!

The Gen4 household
Home: The Collective Cabin, Moonwood Mill
Night Costa (Gen4 heir) - YA (Immortal Wolf)
Traits: Good, Hotheaded, Music Lover (+Outgoing, Foodie, Family-Oriented)
Fated Mate/Spouse: Lou Howell; Children: Serafina & Kalo; Asena & Luna; Fenris
Temperaments: Mark of the Wolf, Mark of the Forest, Mark of the Night, Mark of the Night, Must Be Clean
Werewolf Rank: Apex; Pack rank: none (left Moonwood Collective)

Lou Howell (Gen4 Spouse) - YA (Immortal Wolf)
Traits: Art Lover, Romantic, Good (+Family Oriented, Foodie)
Temperaments: Grumpy Wolf, Mark of the Night, Mark of the Wolf, Must Be Clean
Werewolf Rank: Apex; Pack rank: none (left Moonwood Collective)

Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - Child (3 days to Teen)
Life state: Human (Dormant Wolf trait)
Traits: Music Lover

Asena Costa (Gen5 spare) -Child (11 days to Teen)
Life state: Werewolf (Greater Wolf Blood trait)
Traits: Sunny/Silly; Art Lover (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Loves Wakeup Time, Picky Eater

Luna Costa (Gen5 spare) - Child (11 days to Teen)
Life state: Werewolf (no Wolf trait)
Traits: Music Lover (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Loves Books, Messy Eater

Fenris Costa (Gen5 child) - Child (11 days to Teen)
Life state: Human (Dormant Wolf trait)
Traits: Good (Top-Notch Toddler)
Toddler quirks: Hates Bedtime, Hates Wakeup Time, Messy Eater

MOVED OUT
Serafina Costa (Gen5 spare) - YA
Life state: Werewolf (no Wolf trait) > Cured > Spellcaster
Traits: Green Fiend, Socially Awkward, Perfectionist
Moved to: The Shipping Views (EH)

Progress: End of Week 27
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*The Pack Leader's "Command to…" social: Night was autonomously ordering Lou around all the time.
  Night would suddenly walk up to Lou, point his finger, then command him to "Fetch something cool."
  When Lou was reading to Fenris, Night made Lou stop reading in order to Workout. Extremely annoying.
  The only way to stop it was for Lou to leave the pack or Night to step down as pack leader.

*Serafina: I was seriously thinking about Death by Meteorite for Sera when she was a child.
   Haha, I just deleted my explanation of all the things Sera did that annoyed me.
  I wrote out a bulleted list of 15 items that you don't need to see. LOL!

*A poorly scheduled promotion: Night didn't work a single day this week.
   That's because of the way his promotions changed his schedule last Friday and this Friday. 
   On his first work day this week, he got a pre-work promotion due to working from home last week.
   The L8 promotion changed his schedule to MWF but came too late for Night to work this Friday.
   Poor Night! Over the past two weeks, he's only earned one promotion a week.  Sadness…

*Soulmates: Night and Lou are so attached to each other and still very much in love.
  Before Kalo moves out, I definitely want Night and Lou to complete the Soulmates aspiration together.

*The upcoming Lovestruck EP: I don't want to try and jump into an excessively buggy new expansion pack.
  I'm going to give Lovestruck some time to stew and to receive at least one hotfix.
  In the meantime, I've reshuffled my legacy's generations and will be playing, instead, another set of generational requirements for Gen 5.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2024, 06:21:47 PM »
Great update, @oshizu. I kept telling myself...where have I heard the name Fenris? So I Googled it -- ah ha! The giant mythological wolf. The Hulk battles Fenris in Thor: Ragnarok. Great scene.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2024, 09:26:22 PM »
Great update, @oshizu. I kept telling myself...where have I heard the name Fenris? So I Googled it -- ah ha! The giant mythological wolf. The Hulk battles Fenris in Thor: Ragnarok. Great scene.

Good catch! Yes, all of the Gen5 children have names linked to mythological wolves (Asena and Fenris), a fantasy fiction werewolf (Serafina), and the word "moon" in different languages (Kalo, Luna).
Fenris is also the name of a dark elf in Dragon Age II, one of my favorite RPG franchises...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2024, 09:30:30 PM »
Congrats to Kalo on being chosen heir, and I'm happy Serafina was able to escape a fiery death by aging up quickly and moving out.
It's too bad Night and Lou had to leave the Moonwood Collective, but if they miss it, maybe they could rejoin just before Kalo moves out.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2024, 06:00:55 AM »
Night autonomously ordering Lou to "Go Fetch" - yeah - that's not a good marital model. Lol.

Well done Night for getting all the life-states together and congrats to Kalo on his heir-ship status. I'm sure he'll fly through his requirements ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2024, 08:50:20 AM »
Congrats to Kalo on being chosen heir, and I'm happy Serafina was able to escape a fiery death by aging up quickly and moving out.
It's too bad Night and Lou had to leave the Moonwood Collective, but if they miss it, maybe they could rejoin just before Kalo moves out.

Seraphina was luckier than she deserved. She moved in with the founder, his wife, and their grandsons because they formed the smallest among the Costa households.
The twin redheaded grandsons, however, turned out to be very good-looking and one of them had good traits.  They must be Sera's great-uncles or something?

Now that they've left the pack, Night and Lou thought they'd visit at least once daily to mingle with their former packmates.
Lou prepares food for Night to leave at the pack hangout but doesn't visit himself.
Night has discovered that the pack hangout is a great place for collecting his Charity Organizer donations. *coughs

Night autonomously ordering Lou to "Go Fetch" - yeah - that's not a good marital model. Lol.

Well done Night for getting all the life-states together and congrats to Kalo on his heir-ship status. I'm sure he'll fly through his requirements ;)

I didn't understand what was going on at first. Lou would vanish several times a day as if he were volunteering (grayed out portrait icon).
Then, one day I spotted Night pointing his finger as if he were telling a dog to fetch. When I checked Lou's queue, it said "Fetch something cool."
It might have been funny if Night was single and spent most of his time around his non-household packmates, but he was connected at the hip to the unlucky Lou.

Kalo thanks you both for your well wishes! He's looking forward to his new adventures!
As much as I've enjoyed playing Night and Lou, I am eager to move on to something new.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.28a:Wolves Be Gone! (9 Jul '24)
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2024, 03:31:04 PM »
4.28a: Wolves Be Gone!

Sunday, Week 28, Year 3 (early summer)
Night: Last week, we made big strides toward transitioning to the next Costa generation.
Monday, I stepped down as Moonwood Collective's leader then both Lou and I left the pack.
Lou discovered he's a Foodie and joined the Culinary career. Naturally, I support whatever gives Lou joy.
Our eldest child, Sera was such a bother that we aged her up to a young adult ASAP and moved her out.
Wednesday, our three toddlers aged up to children and we announced our secondborn Kalo as the next heir.
From L to R: Fenris, Asena, me & Lou, Asena's twin Luna, and our next heir Kalo.

Lou: You've completed every aspiration except Slumber Party Animal.
Why wait until your birthday on Tuesday to age up?
Kalo: Asena, Luna, and Fenris have each completed at least three aspirations. I'd like us to age up together.
Also, I checked the calendar and Tuesday's the full moon.
Fenris and I can swim together in Lake Lunvik that night to awaken our dormant wolves.
Lou: That's so thoughtful of you, Kalo. I know you want to drink the cure. I wonder what Fenris wants?

Asena: Of course, I learn to ride a bike hours and hours before Luna and Fenris do.
I feel driven to excel, though, because I look so much like Serafina.
And we all know how much Watcher liked Serafina.
Will Watcher like me more if I'm really good at everything?

Night: I don't know why Kalo insists on moving out with only §20,000 and the clothes on his back!
Lou: What about your magical tomes? You only lugged them around to give to the next heir.
Night: We'll have to think of some way he can eventually take them off my hands.
For now, I'm crafting some painting easels for Kalo. If he doesn't want them, he can use them here…

Monday
Lou: Last night, Night and I began the journey to becoming true Soulmates.
That's us breaking in the treehouse to complete  our third milestone.
As a Romantic Werewolf, being romantic with Night all the time is my best life!

Night: Luna and Fenris are already A students, but not Asena.
Asena decided she didn't need to finish her school project last Friday.
This morning, instead of leaving for school on time, she kept chatting with Lou and I.
It's past 9:30 am when she finally heads to school.
Lou: Let's hope Sera--I mean, Asena--brings home an A today so they can age up together tomorrow.

Night: As soon as Asena finally leaves, I start my work-from-home assignment.
I need to "Get to know 3 sims in the Arts Quarter," which is quite easy.
My L9 promotion's in the bag, but my final promotion requires §20,000 worth of donations.
Is that cumulative? I've been seeking §1,000 donations all afternoon, hoping they'll count.

Luna: Ryker Ito is a my classmate, a Spellcaster, and my future boyfriend who lives with his family in Willow Creek.
He's the reason I want to drink the cure and become a Spellcaster. Isn't he dreamy?

Ryker: Oooh, we're already BFFs and now you wanna be Bracelet buddies, too? I'm here for it!
Luna: Ryker! Are you autonomously hugging me?
Ryker: Why not? You're my girl, aren't you?
Luna: You wanna come over tomorrow morning early and age up with me?

Lou: This is great doing the Soulmates aspiration together!
We can flirt and cuddle all we want and Watcher doesn't stop us.
You think Watcher would let us have another baby or two?
Night: *scoots Lou toward the shower
Lou: Mmmph

Tuesday
Night: As soon as Fenris completes Creative Genius, all four kids age up to teens.
Our next heir Kalo (Perfectionist, Self-Assured) ages up with Prince Mistura's hairstyle and gets to keep it.
Asena  (Art Lover, Snob) skips to the Runt rank, gaining two Temperaments. Must be her Greater Wolf Blood.
Lou: Luna (Music Lover, Good) begins Werewolf life as a Pup with one Temperament, which is the norm.
Fenris (Good, Loves the Outdoors) looks the most like me.
All four have Night's pointy ears as well as the same mole on their upper right cheek as mine.

Ryker: I was worried that you'd forgotten your invitation to age up together.
Luna: My siblings and I aged up at 6 am. I thought it might too early for you so I waited until 7.
Ryker: Well, here I am!

Night (whispers to Lou): Looks like Luna has set her sights on marrying that Ryker boy.
Lou (whispers back): Ryker doesn't stand a chance!

Lou: I'm the first to complete our Soulmates aspiration.
Night: But I'm not far behind!
Lou: As if we need an aspiration to know we're eternal Companions!
Night: Well, we do have special socials toward each other now…
Lou: So they say, but I checked all my Romantic socials and didn't find anything new for you. :(

Night: Before we know it, it's after 8 pm. Boys, you shoulda been swimming in Lake Lunvik an hour ago!
You two go on ahead. Lou and I will be there in another hour or so, after we make sure Asena is okay.
Lou: It completely slipped my mind that Luna could drink Wolf B-Gone at any time!
Luna: What a relief that you cured me before I transformed into a Werewolf!

Lou: In the nick of time, it seems, because Asena transforms for the first time only minutes later. Night?
Night: I'll go ahead and pacify Asena, Lou. She looks rather terrifying, doesn't she?
Lou: Wildfangs leader Rory was delighted when I told her that Asena wants to join Rory's pack.
Night: Yeah, Rory even wants Asena to live at the Wildfangs Commune in Forgotten Hollow. It's a good fit for Asena.

At Lake Lunvik
Kalo (right): Frankly, I'm surprised that you've decided to manifest as a Werewolf.
Isn't life easier as a Dormant Wolf?  As a Dormant Wolf, you could still have full-Werewolf children…
Fenris (left): I'm gonna manifest as a Werewolf then ask Papa Lou to mix me the cure.
I don't want to have to deal with fury and rampaging. Plus, the girl I like is a Spellcaster…

Fenris (front): Are we doing this wrong? We've been swimming around in the lake for at least three hours.
Kalo (back): I know, right? I've already reached Level 4 Fitness just from tonight!
Look, our fathers have arrived. I'm going to get out of the lake to consult them.

Night (points): Look over there, Lou! Kalo has transformed and is heading our way!
I'm going over to try and pacify him.
Lou: Okay. I'll place my portable bar over here and get ready to mix Kalo a Wolf-B-Gone.

Night: Well, would you look at that!  Fenris in wolf form looks exactly like Kalo!
Fenris looks furious as heck and he's running my way!

Lou: You successfully pacified Kalo.  Wait while I go over to pacify Fenris.
Night: No need, Lou. I got Fenris. Did he tell you what he wants to do?
Lou: This afternoon, he quietly asked me to cure him after he transformed.
I've already cured Kalo, so I'll be waiting at my bar for Fenris.

Kalo: About an hour later, the whole family except Asena travels to the Magical HQ.
(She shows up anyway and is somehow enraged for the second time tonight.)
As promised, I seek out Fetu, the Sage of Practical Magic, to request the Rite of Ascension.
Meanwhile, Luna and Fenris ask the other two Sages for The Right of Ascension.

Now that I'm a Spellcaster, I ask the Sage to teach me a potion recipe and a Practical Magic spell. Cool!

Conveniently, the Sage of Untamed Magic has also come down to the Sage of Mischief Magic's room.
Once I've asked them both to teach me potion recipes and magic spells, we're ready to head home.
What a long and eventful day it's been!

Wednesday
Kalo: Fenris and I are already A students because the Wishing Well favored us, so Watcher joins us at high school.
After I greet the (young and handsome) new Principal, I need to switch control back to Papa Night.
He got his Level 9 promotion just as we were leaving for our first day of school.
I'm hoping he'll have time to complete his Daily Task before Fenris and I have to be in class.

Night: Since I worked from home on Monday, I earn my L9 promotion at 8 o'clock sharp.
As you can see, all the donations I gathered at the Arts Quarter that day count toward my promotion task.
I quickly invite over Papa Thyme to request a donation and complete my Daily Task.
I could probably get my L10 promotion from working at the office today and Friday.
To ensure I don't delay Kalo's moving out, though, I'll seek a guaranteed promotion from the Wishing Well.

To my utter shock, the Wishing Well grants me a full promotion to L10 Charity Icon!
Yep, that means I've completed all of my heir requirements!
This week has been a bit light on "doing good," so maybe I'll take Kalo with me somewhere after work.
Yes, work. I should at least go to the office one last day, right?

Kalo: Sheesh! Talk about cutting it close! Papa Night switches control back to me at 9:29 am!
Fenris and I have just enough time to make a mad dash to our first class.
Still, what great news that Papa Knight has finished all of his heir requirements.
That means I can decide to move out whenever I want!
Obviously, I'll be staying in Moonwood Mill until Asena, Luna, and Fenris sort out their futures.

Gallery Download
*Copperdale High School (64x64): I tried placing 3 other high school builds on this lot.
  But I ended up going back to SimLicy's Copperdale High School.
  So far, I like her build  the best because all the main rooms are on the ground floor.

The Gen4 household
Night Costa (Gen4 heir) - YA (Immortal Wolf)
Traits: Good, Hotheaded, Music Lover (+Outgoing, Foodie, Family-Oriented)
Fated Mate/Spouse: Lou Howell; Children: Serafina & Kalo; Asena & Luna; Fenris
Temperaments: Mark of the Wolf, Mark of the Forest, Mark of the Night, Mark of the Night, Must Be Clean
Werewolf Rank: Apex

Lou Howell (Gen4 Spouse) - YA (Immortal Wolf)
Traits: Art Lover, Romantic, Good (+Family Oriented, Foodie, Perfectionist)
Temperaments: Grumpy Wolf, Mark of the Night, Mark of the Wolf, Must Be Clean
Werewolf Rank: Apex

Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - Teen
Life state: Human (Dormant Wolf) > Werewolf (cured) > Spellcaster
Traits: Music Lover, Self-Assured

Asena Costa (Gen5 spare) -Teen
Life state: Werewolf (Greater Wolf Blood trait)
Traits: Sunny/Silly; Art Lover, Snob
Temperament: Grumpy Wolf, Carnivore; Werewolf rank: Runt

Luna Costa (Gen5 spare) - Teen
Life state: Werewolf (no Wolf trait) > Cured > Spellcaster
Traits: Music Lover, Good
Boyfriend: Ryker Ito

Fenris Costa (Gen5 spare) - Teen
Life state: Human (Dormant Wolf trait) > Werewolf (cured) > Spellcaster
Traits: Good, Loves the Outdoors

Progress: Partway through Week 28

Notes
*Dormant Wolves: I wish I'd been a bit more scientific about awakening Kalo & Fenris's wolves.
  After swimming in Lake Lunvok for 3+ hours, they got out and immediately transformed.
  Does that mean they could've transformed after only 1-hour of simming if I'd made them leave the lake?
  I don't know.  If you know, could you please share your experience?
  Also, I don't know whether they boys could've transformed before sunset.
  I waited until after 7 pm because that's the time when the Moonpetal Flower blooms on Full Moons.

*Future Costa Werewolves: I absolutely enjoyed Night and Lou's Werewolf generation!
  However, all of the Gen5 Costas have become Spellcasters, except for Asena with her Greater Wolf Blood.
  Why? Because I feel like the Costa simverse has enough Werewolves.
  Kalo, for example, would like to invite his family to his home parties without worrying about rampaging.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2024, 02:56:17 PM »
Kalo's a good-looking heir and I'm looking forward to his adventures.

I'm sure the Spellcaster community will be glad to welcome the Costa's back into their fold. The werewolf state really does impact on all aspects of their lives. Much more so than the other life-states. Well done for getting to grips with it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2024, 03:40:27 PM »
Kalo's a good-looking heir and I'm looking forward to his adventures.

I'm sure the Spellcaster community will be glad to welcome the Costa's back into their fold. The werewolf state really does impact on all aspects of their lives. Much more so than the other life-states. Well done for getting to grips with it.
I really loved playing Night's generation as werewolves.  The Werewolves pack is so very well designed!
That said, dealing with the rampages of fledging werewolves is something I'd rather not deal with going forward. ;)
So odd that my game is spawning  new werewolf townies but no new mermaid townies.  *weeps

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 5.28b: Sorting Things Out (12 Jul '24)
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2024, 02:27:27 PM »
5.28b: Sorting Things Out

Wednesday, Week 28, Year 3 (midsummer)
Kalo: Tuesday,--the day my siblings and I aged up to teens--was absolutely crazy.
Asena and Luna manifested as Werewolves but Luna asked to be cured.
Fenris and I swam at Lake Lunvik to transform, then Papa Lou cured us, too.
After that, Luna, Fenris, and I became Spellcasters at the Magical HQ.
This morning, just as Fenris and I left for our first day of high school, Papa Night maxed his career.
In other words, he completed all of his heir requirements, y'all!
From L to R: Fenris, Asena, me & Lou, Asena's twin Luna, and me

Our morning class only had three students, including Fenris and me.
But our afternoon class has six students.
The reason? Half of our class was in the schoolyard this morning, fawning over the new Principal.
I guess it must be rare to have a young adult Principal?

After going to high school alone, Asena and luna return home as A students.
My three siblings decide to graduate early, but I haven't decided yet.
What I do know is that I love crafting and repairing things!
Once I'm done with this repair, Papa Knight's taking me somewhere to help with his good deeds.

Not right away, though. First, Asena goes to meet Rory Oaklow, Wildfangs pack leader.
Thinking ahead, Papa Lou gave Asena an excellent to use in one of her three trails for pack admission.

Rory: Welcome to the Wildfangs, Asena. My husband Dean and I run a Werewolf Trailer Park.
We'd love for you to join us! Go talk to your parents about it, okay?

Kalo: Just as Papa Night and I are about to leave, Luna gets a call her boyfriend Ryker.

Luna: Dinner at Chez Llama? That fancy experimental restaurant in Newcrest? I'd love to!
Ryker: A classy restaurant for a classy lady. The dress code is formal, Luna. See you there!

Luna: Thank you for inviting me out, Ryker. I really need to talk to you. Why did you move to Sulani?
Ryker: Ugh, my oldest sister married some dude who lives atn that 20x20 Tangled Flat place.
Luna: Oh no! you and your two other siblings were forced to move with her?
Ryker: Imagine my sister, her husband, his brother, me, and my two siblings in a 2-bedroom house!
Luna: That's a big change from your luxury digs at Parkshore, Willow Creek. Um, I need to move, too.

Ryke: The timing is fate, Luna! Will you start a new life with me in a place of our own?
Luna: Oh, Ryker! Yes! I'd been hoping you felt the same way I do!
My parents say they're willing to purchase a house for us.

Ryker: Seriously? Because I've been browsing online for our future family home.
What do you think of this one?
Luna: It's perfect, Ryker! It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a big backyard.
Ryker: Yes, we could raise a family there together, Luna! I can't wait!

Thursday
Asena: This is the Werewolf Trailer Park, where Rory and Dean live their twin boys.
I think I'll enjoy living with the Wildfangs pack!
Night: We're not sending you off empty-handed, Asena. Here's §80,000 for your moving expenses.
Perhaps you could have Watcher help you expand one of the trailers later.

Rory: I'm so delighted you decided to join us here, Asena!
The Wildfangs has always been a smaller pack than the Moonwood Collective.
Asena: I'm so excited to be part of your pack, Rory! I promise to work hard! Um, where do I live?
Rory: You can have this orange-and-gray trailer on the left.
Maybe we need to enlarge the trailer on the right to serve as a communal trailer for children, eh?
Asena: Er, I'm still a teen, Rory.  *blushes

Luna: Thanks so much for buying the Brook Bungalow lot for Ryker and me.
Night: Ryker made a smart decision by choosing to leave the luxury neighborhood of Pendula View, his birthplace.
Lou: Indeed. This two-story home in Courtyard Lane will be perfect for a growing family! We approve!
Night: Well, fellas, are we ready to travel to a new town and do some good deeds?

Night: Here we are!
Kalo: What the heck? This bar's not only filthy but also stinks! Where are we?
Night: This is the 8 Bells bar in the town of StrangerVille.
Fenris: Our Grimtooth Bar puts this bar to shame! It must have a bunker or something…

Night: StrangerVille's divided into two hoods. This is the downtown area called Strangerville Plaza.
It has a trailer park, three residences, this bar, and the StrangerVille Info Center which doubles as a library.
Kalo: Unbelievable! I've never seen such a pathetic excuse for a town.
The entire neighborhood looks rundown and exhausted. So what are we here to do, Papa Night?

Night: Well, I thought we'd clean up the bar, but there's no outdoor trashcan so that's out.
And the poor-quality bathroom plumbing isn't worth upgrading.
Lou: What this place needs is a thorough cleaning followed by a complete remodeling!

Kalso: That's it! That's what I'll do! With my love of woodworking, I was born to renovate!
Night: So you want to renovate this tragic bar, son?
Kal: I'm not stopping here. I want to renovate all six lots in StrangerVille Plaza.
Lou: But how can you renovate the bar and Info Center? They're community lots, Kalo.
Kalo: Watcher can help me with that. We'll temporarily turn each one into a residential lot while I'm renovating.
What an exciting project this will be! Excuse me while I go check out the rest of StrangerVille Plaza.

Over by the StrangerVille Info Center
Kalo: I hadn't expected to meet another teen today. My name's Kalo. Do you live around here?
Teen: Yeah, I lived in one of those trailers but I got evicted last night for…reasons. I'm temporarily homeless.
Kalo: I'm sorry to hear that, er, what's your name?
Teen: My name's Sango, which is "coral" in Japanese. So what are your hobbies? I'm obsessed with woodworking.
Kalo: Wow, so am I! What a coincidence!

Kalo: I have to go, Sango. I got a text just now that Papa Lou transformed…um, is causing a scene.
Let me give you my phone number, okay? You can contact me later if you feel like it.
Sango: Okay, that's a plan. I'm a little…busy…tonight, but I'll text your tomorrow, for sure!
Kalo: Great! See you around then, Sango!

Friday
Kalo: I come all the way to high school to realize I have no reason at all to be here.
Like, I have zero interest in Prom.  So, I head to the school library and graduate early.  I'm free!
Now, if only that procrastinator Fenris would romance Kaci Charm and propose.
They're already BFFs and Bracelet Buddies, so how long could that take!?

Kalo: It literally takes Fenris from morning to evening to propose and elope!
I mean, he starts out by not saying anything so she does her homework? Dude!
I'd been hoping to move out in the late afternoon then contact Sango on Social Bunny.
Thought I'd invite her out to the Spice Festival, but it starts before Fenris has even proposed. Sheesh!

I guess it's just as well that I couldn't move this afternoon. Sango drops by and asks me to Prom.
That girl means business! She skips the whole "go to Prom as friends" bit.
If I may be honest here, I still have zero interest in Prom but have A LOT of interest in Sango.
So yeah, I accept her Prom invite.

Kalo: Thanks for helping me transport my boxes to my new place, Papa.
Night: Since you only accepted §20k, I didn't want you to spend any of that on a moving van.
This place is really a dump, Kalo. You've got your work cut out for you, eh?
Hey, we finished so quickly it's only 9 pm. I'm going home to grab Lou then head over to San Myshuno.
Kalo: I'm going to invite a friend there, so I'll hopefully see you later. And thanks for helping me move!

Saturday
Last night's Spice Festival was fun though Sango and I were only there for two hours.
She didn't mind when I said I needed to get up early the next day (today) to plant my garden.
In fact, Sango--who Loves the Outdoors--volunteers to help with the planting and watering.
After that, I go fishing for a cowberry with no success, then it's time for the Prom.

At first, I don't understand why everybody's in their athletic wear, including Sango. Then I spot them!
The Prom venue has two basketball hoops. Who thought that was a good idea?
Watcher removes immediately and helps Sango switch back to her Formal wear.
I voted Sango for Prom Royalty and she wins. I also earn a gold medal for Prom night.
I'm invited to an After Party by someone I barely know, but take Sango with me anyway.

Sunday, Week 29
After romantic rides in the Cuddle Carts and Ferris Wheel, Sango abruptly runs off around 1 am.
Huh? Why is she convulsing like that? And what's wrong with her eyes?
I try talking to her but can't seem to get through to her.
As much as it pains me, I try slapping her gently in hope that she'll snap out of whatever's happening.

Sango: Well, you know my secret now. Is this where you delete me from your Social Bunny account?
Kalo: Of course not! There's something you need to know about me: I'm the champion of fixer-uppers!
You and I are gonna put our heads together to figure out what's ailing you then we're gonna FIX it!
Sango: Thank you, Kalo. It's so nice to know that I'm not all alone with this.
Ever since I got Infected, I get possessed from 1 am to 3 am every night.
Kalo: Girl, you can't be living on the streets like that. Listen, you can have my bedroom and I'll sleep in my tent.
Sango: Let me think about it, okay? I really, really like you, Kalo, but I' m worried that I'll scare you away.

Gallery Downloads
*Straud Mansion (40x30): "Werewolf Trailer Park" (residence) by KateEmerald.
  I moved out Vlad and his wife to give homeless Rory Oaklow a home of her own.
  Rory (Wildfangs leader) and her husband Dean didn't seem like the "mansion type."
  So, they now live in a 5-bdrm 3-bthrm trailer park with 3 trailers.
  Since the Volkovs lived on a 40x30 lot, it's only fair that the Wildfangs leader does, too.

*"Auditorium - Formal Dance" by SimCubeez.
   For some reason, it had two ping pong tables and two basketball hoops in the room.
   All the teens in their athletic wear totally ruined the atmosphere.
  I'm going to keep looking for a Prom venue that I like, even though it's usually only one night per generation..

The Gen5 household
Home: Slip 42, StrangerVille Plaza
Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - Teen

The Gen4 household

Progress: End of Week 28

Notes
*Slip 42 trailer: The Slip 42 trailer's original shape is unchanged, but I changed its exterior and deleted the front yard area.
  Also, I rearranged the trailer's floor plan a bit then trashed up both the trailer's interior and surrounding yard.
  Original price: §16,705; Kalo's price (iwith depreciation): §12,891.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2024, 02:12:13 AM »
Best wishes to Kalo on starting his gen. Coral Sango seems like his perfect match, even if she's a bit crazy at night ;)

It's great that that area of Strangerville is going to get a makeover.  The bar and library are very ... basic. I like Old Penelope but I'm looking forward to seeing Kalo's makeovers

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2024, 03:05:19 PM »
Best wishes to Kalo on starting his gen. Coral Sango seems like his perfect match, even if she's a bit crazy at night ;)

It's great that that area of Strangerville is going to get a makeover.  The bar and library are very ... basic. I like Old Penelope but I'm looking forward to seeing Kalo's makeovers

Kalo thanks you for the well wishes. He's halfway through the next week and it's been a blast so far.
Kalo and Sango have both mutual crushes and amazing compatibility. It's not easy to get them out of the Very Flirty mood, hehe.

Kalo has renovation ideas for all the StrangerVille Plaza lots except for Old Penelope. I'll be glad when he can stop moving!
I remember Dorothy was moving with her big family in tow!  Such bravery!
Kalos, trying to get as much done as posslble before he becomes "a family man."

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
5.29: Beautifying StrangerVille Plaza

Sunday, Week 29, Year 3 (late summer)
Sango: I can't do this by myself anymore, Kalo. Thanks for offering a helping hand!
Kalo: I'm so glad you've decided to join me, Sango! I'm pretty sure we'll be helping each other.
Sango: Where should I put my suitcase?

Kalo: Sorry, Sango. I should've cleaned the place up but I was planning to do that this afternoon.
Sango: The grunge ain't nothing a bit of elbow grease can't fix, but the walls and floors need redoing.
Kalo: This trailer's area is 40 tiles. I have a great idea for the final floor plan!
Why don't you sign up for Scouts and do your homework while I clean up the trailer?

Kalo: While I was cleaning up, I added a 2nd 12-tile bedroom plus 12 more tiles to the main trailer.
Sango: Oh, so it's still a Tiny Home at 64 tiles. Great for me since I have so few skills!
Kalo: This place still needs a lot of work but at least we each have our own bedroom. Yours is on the right.
Sango: About your plan to renovate all of StrangerVille Plaza, is this trailer your first reno?

Kalo: Not anymore, though I did want to at least make it livable for the two of us.
Before investigating your possession, we should renovate 8 Bells and the StrangerVille Info Center.
So, our first priority is to earn around §65,000. I'd like to get both renovations done this week.
Sango: Before I can help with your projects, I have to finish Scouts and graduate early from high school.
Kalo: You're right! Let's spend today working on your badges. Oh, I just painted my fifth masterpiece!

Sango: I earned so many badges today while you were fishing for a cowberry, Kalo!
Outdoor Adventurer, Young Scientist, and Civic Responsibility.
I chatted with those kids at the park and got my Sociability badge!
Then, I donated the fish I caught today for my Give Back badge. Such a productive day!

Monday
Kalo: After Sango leaves for school, I buy The Street Gallery and start a yard sale.
My paintings are selling like pancakes because…I forgot to mark them up.
But later, even at a 200% markup, they are selling faster than I can stock them.
I notice a possessed sim walking by. I didn't know that there were others like Sango.

I plan to renovate 8 Bells first so, after a late lunch, I go check it out.
While I'm there, I take "Before" photos of the bar to upload to Simstagram.
I'll try to upload shots of my renovation projects every day.
8 Bells is a sorry affair with a lackluster façade. We can do something about that, for sure.

This place is the local military's water hole, despite its filthy, gloomy interior.
For a bar, one bathroom is hardly enough!
I didn't see any drunk patrons, but the bartender is definitely kept busy mixing drinks!
With the cash from the yard sales, we'll start fixing this place up once Sango's back from school.

Tuesday
Sango: You kept the original brick but changed nearly everything else. I love the cowplant skull above the door!
Kalo: That original rectangular thing on the roof wasn't doing the bar's first impression no favors.
Also, I replaced all the windows to wider ones to let more sunlight inside.
Sango: Well, you're in charge of the exterior and the interior's my area, so thanks for more indoor light!
Kalo: I hope visitors will also use the loveseats and chess tables on the side porch.

Sango: This is a popular--well, the only--drinking spot in StrangerVille, particularly for the military.
Kalo made the bar's area shorter for a front porch but also made it wider, which is why I rotated the tables.
Besides adding 3 more washrooms, I upgraded the floors, walls, plumbing, and most of the furnishings.
Kalo: We increased the lot value from §29,265 to §56,196. I believe we're done here!

Sango wants to run today's yard sale, but I suggest she start working on Nerd Brain instead.
She enjoyed painting for her Arts & Crafts badge, but she's a Maker.
In the long run, she'll be happier at the woodworking table than at an easel.
While running yet another yard sale, I begin thinking about the StrangerVille Information Center.

Wednesday
Sango: I finished Scouts and graduated early yesterday, so can I try running a yard sales this morning?
Ugh, half of my customers leave without buying anything? Is it because my Charisma and Entrepreneur skills are low?
Kalo: No big deal, Sango. I have max Charisma but only L2 Entrepreneur. You're better off working on Nerd Brain for now, anyway.
Once you're done with its second milestone, we can make a quick trip to Granite Falls.

Kalo: There! We've both learned how to craft Camping Mascot Sculptures!
Sango: This is such a pretty place. When I'm cured, can we visit for a fishing vacay or something?
(to herself): I've heard horror stories about Watcher's male heirs and their gazillion random crushes!
I've got to keep Kalo on a short leash. So far, I'm his first and only crush. I'd like to keep it that way!
Watcher: At the Magic HQ, he didn't [crush on any of the Sages, so there's hope!

Kalo: Back in StrangerVille, we visit our current project, the StrangerVille Information Center.
Doubling as a library, it's where local Scientists and Conspiracy Theoriists hang out.
StrangerVille's a small town, but its Info Center still deserves a lot more oomph, y'know what I mean?
Sango and I clean up the outside area, then I'll begin working on the exterior. I haz IDEAS!

Sango: Once Kalo has decided on the outline of the building, I can start planning the interior.
Like the bar, the Info Center would benefit from less gloom and more indoor light.
I love the way the bar patrons at 8 Bells  socialize around the tables.
Those single-sim desks pushed against the side walls have to go!

Kalo We'd actually planned out our renovation project yesterday and ordered everything we need.
Our work moves smoothly and we're done by evening.
Sango: Kalo takes me to his great-grandparents' home in Tartosa to do my five space missions.

Thursday
Sango: I loved meeting Kalo's great-grandparents last night! What a lovely home, too!
I only got to chat with them a little because… space missions, but I want to visit them again.
Kalo: While Sango was busy yesterday with the rocket ship, I worked on my magic and reached Acolyte rank.
This morning  I'm brewing potions and gradually working towards Adept rank.

Kalo: Around noon, we head to the StrangerVille Info Center. How does it look in daylight, Sango?
Sango: The new façade looks so dignified! I'm glad I didn't need to actually furnish the second floor.
Kalo: Yeah, the second floor is only a backdrop for that clock tower.
I added bigger windows to let in more sunlight and added a second washroom on the left side.

Sango: To brighten up the place, I switched from dark brown to white furnishings.
The floors and walls are also lighter colors to reflect light.
And I switched the positions of the bookcases and desks to encourage socializing.
Kalo: The Info Center's lot value rose from §32,342 to §61,940. I hope folks like what we've done!

Friday
Sango: You've earned so much selling our paintings at yard sales. We're almost ready to flip this trailer.
Kalo: Yeah, we only need to craft several more furnishings and stash the garden in our home inventory.
Sango: So, is that the plan today? ,
Kalo: We have three things to do today: (1) list all our remaining paintings on Plopsy,
(2) go the art museum for your aspiration, and (3) start asking around StrangerVille about the mysterious infection.
We can finish up here and move Saturday night or early Sunday morning. That okay with you, Sango?

Kalo: We get started investigating the StrangerVille mystery.
There seems to be three main types of locals: Military, Scientists, and Conspiracy Theorists.
I make sure to ask the locals their traits and check for positive compatibility.
Hey, look! Rory Oaklow is pregnant again! My sis Asena only has room for a spouse and one kid now!

I befriend a Military office and Conspiracy Theorist at the bar, then a Scientist at the Info Center.
After buying curios and bugs at the Curio Shop, Sango and I head to the Secret Lab for the first time.
We aren't watching the time so she gets possessed while examining The Secret Lab's door.
We need to find a cure for Sango and the others.  And fast!

Saturday
After spending the rest of last night seeking evidence at the Secret Lab, I have 10 pieces of evidence.
Today, I go to 8 Bells Bar and StrangerVille Information Center to plant bugs on suss Military and Scientists.
(Searching the Info Center's bookshelves for evidence produces nada.)
Listening in on the four sims I planted with bugs only yields two more pieces of evidence.
That's 12 pieces of evidence but I need 15 to compile a Secret Dossier, which I need for a Keycard for The Lab's door.

That's when I remember my StrangerVille Homies!
I have Good Compatibility with Omar Ito (Conspiracy Theorist) and Lewis Short (Scientist).
Mae Davila (Military) and I have neutral Compatibility but she has three positive traits.
They each give me "Secret Evidence from The Lab"!  I finally have enough evidence!

How to persuade my Military buddy Mae to give me her Keycard in exchange for my Secret Dossier?
She's quite unimpressed with my physical prowess and I didn't want to fight her for it.
I simply bribed her for it and here we are!  Access to The Secret Lab, y'all!
Thanks for your help today, friends. I've got to go home now so Sango and I can move before 1 a.m.

The Gen5 household
Home: Riverside Grove, StrangerVille Plaza

Kalo Costa (Gen5 heir) - Teen (10 days to YA)

Sango Odrade (Gen5 helper) - Teen (10 days to YA)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Maker

Progress: End of Week 29

Notes
*Source challenge: Inspired by Gen4 of the Whimsy Stories Legacyby kataerad.
 The original requirements renovate the five residential lots in Courtyard Lane, Willow Creek.
 Kalo has instead moved to StrangerVille Plaza, which would eally benefit from a facelift.
 The presence of an Infected love interest is also my own addition.
 The original challenge requires that Kalo "Dress to impress all the time," which Kalo finds ridiculous.
 He'll only "dress to impress" for Interior Decorator gigs, once he's joined that career as a YA.

*Sango Odrade: My Sharebears collab legacy challenge used the concept of shared spouses.
  That is, all participants used a male or female version of the same sim as Spouse in specific generations.
  Granny Lawlor and I are also doing this in our current Mishmash collab.
  Sango Odrade is my restyled version of Coral Odrade, a sim created by Granny Lawlor last year.
  You'll get more of Coral's origins when she appears in her creator's Makey Mishmash Legacy.

*Mansion Baron: Kalo will not start this aspiration until moving to Old Penelope.

*Ending value of renovated lot: Kalo will renovate the bar and Info Center while living at Slip 42.
  Let's look at 8 Bells bar as our example. I've taken note of the bar's initial lot value.
  When Kalo is done renovating, he subtracts the starting lot value from the ending lot value.
  Then he uses the money cheat to subtract the difference from his household funds.
  For 8 Bells, he subtracted §26,931 (Final/§56,196 minus Start/§29,265) from their funds.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Congrats on finishing up Night's requirements and what a great start with Kalo! I'm sure he'll get Sango cure quickly, and I'm looking forward to the renovations!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Congrats on finishing up Night's requirements and what a great start with Kalo! I'm sure he'll get Sango cure quickly, and I'm looking forward to the renovations!

Thanks!  Kalo's generation has been fun so far. The overnight renovations aren't realistic, but this is the Sims!