Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.26b: Morning, Noon, and Night (1 Jul '24)  (Read 6842 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.22b: It's Fate! (18 Jun '24)
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2024, 03:39:55 PM »
4.22b:  It's Fate!

Wednesday, Week 21, Year21 (early winter)
Qynh: Hard to believe that we only became teens yesterday morning. That Tomarang unit is amazing!
Night: Yeah, it was generous of my dad to be guarantor for that Tomarang apartment.
Qynh: Those landlords wouldn't have left the luxury unit empty, waiting for us to come up with the funds.
Night: And your father Masa also quietly offered to help with the deposit and rentals in our absence.

Qynh: So, you were gone a long time on your jog. Did you get lost or something?
Night: Ugh, I did. I saw my first transformed werewolf and asked him for directions back here.
But he attacked me instead, threatening to make me "Gregnant," whatever that means.

Qynh: Are you injured? Should we go to the hospital?
Night: Nah, I only have this glowing wound where Greg bit me.
Qynh: Thank the Fates you're a spellcaster, Night. You can't be turned into a werewolf, right?
Night: Well, technically, that's true.

Qynh: Technically? What does that mean?
Night: Remember my visit to the Magic Realm before we moved out yesterday?
My ancestors have always been spellcasters. Even our amnesiac founder had the Ancient Bloodline.
Qynh: Ah, I see. That's at least seven generations of spellcasters, including you.
Night: Yeah, that's why I wanted to leave my magical heritage behind to try something different.

Night: Everything will be fine, Qynh, though I can't seem to satisfy my hunger.
Qynh: I'll be sure to keep our fridge stocked. Did you start the garden?
Night: I laid out all the seeds and built the roof. Could you the plant them?
I want to complete Nerd Brain so I can fix this awful weather!

Kristopher Vokov: Good evening, neighbor! Welcome to Moonwood Mill.
Night: Thank you! My sister and I moved here earlier this evening.
Kristopher: How do you like Moonwood Mill so far?
Night:  When I visited here last week I met my first werewolf, Guiliana Volko who became now a good friend.
I love Moonwood Mill's natural beauty, too, but *hesistates
Kristopher: But?
Night: *explains his terrifying encounter with Greg and how Greg threatened to pursue him

KV: Greg!  All the other werewolves here despise that bully and we keep our distance.
As Moonwood Collective's leader, I gladly offer you my pack's protection.
Night: My friend Guiliana and you are both Volkovs, does that mean you're…
KV: Yes, she's my adopted daughter. You should visit our pack hangout tomorrow.
As for that bite of yours. If I were you, I'd lock myself indoors alone in about 4-5 hours.

Night: As soon as he leaves, I buy and fully upgrade dr. June's Weather Control Machine.
Qynh: Are you going to change the weather from snow to sunny?
Night: I can do better than that! I've changed the season from Day 4 Winter to Day 4 Autumn.
And when the autumn season ends, we can skip forward to Spring.
Not being able to enjoy the local fishing spots for an entire season is too much to ask!

Thursday
Night: I can help with planting for an hour or so, Qynh!
Qynh: Nice! I want to get them all planted and watered before sunrise.
Night: Oh, my Ravenoushly Hungry moodlet has almost expired. I better lock myself indoors.
Qyunh: You're locking me out of the house?
Night: It's for your own good, Qynh.

Night (to himself): Darn Greg and his unwanted bite!
Why am I feeling so enraged?  I'll just read…oh I can't do anything at all, except smash stuff.
Hmmm, I'll just smash the sink and the toilet, so Qynh can complete Nerd Brain.
Because I'm thoughtful like that. Oh! Does that count as good deeds?

When I'm done rampaging, I earn my first Dormant Ability for not scaring anyone during a rampage.
Transformation Mastery lets me change into and out of my wolf form at will. Handy, I guess.
I tweak my appearance a little, keeping my same face and fur, but changing my eye color and cheek tufts.
A pretty dashing werewolf, if I do say so myself! (Does the floppy ear make me look…rakish?)
Time for a nap!

Night: Feeling rested, I first head to the Moodwood Collective's hangout.
I meet and socialize with the pack: Kristopher, Lily, Wolfgang, Jackob, and Guiliana.
Kristopher agrees to make me a "Friend of the Moonwood Collective,"
Next, I visit the hangout of the other pack, the Wildfangs, hoping to meet its pack leader.
At the bonfire, I meet one of its pack members, Lou Howell.
He's pretty cute so I impulsively ask about his romantic interests. (What? My Fated mate!?)

Lou (right): I never seen you 'round before. How long you been in Moonwood Mill?
Night (left): My sister and I moved her yesterday. (I really hope Lou's single.)
Lou: Cool. And how long you been a werewolf?
Night: Since this morning. *tells Lou about how Greg attacked and threatened him
Lou: I feel for you, Night. I was also bitten by greg against my will.
Night (to himself): Does Lou not feel our fated destiny  like I do?!

Friday
Qynh: Hey, so you've changed your mind about garden chores? You want to harvest instead of tend it?
Night: Yeah, I've decided I want to ask Krisopher to join the Moonwood Collective today.
He's said they have three pack rules: Pack Participation, Self-Sufficiency, and Diplomacy.
To participate, I could offer produce to the pack resources and as gifts to packmates.
Qynh: Either way's fine with me. Tending the garden actually takes less time than harvesting.

Night (on the phone): Qynh, I just got accepted into the Moonwood Collective. Wanna come over?
Qynh (to Jacob): Oh, you're an Outgoing Vegetarian! I'd assumed all werewolves only ate meat.
Jacob: You'll find that each werewolf is unique. Just like, you know, regular sims.
Qynh: I, of all people, I should know not to stereotype others!  Sorry about that, Jacob.

Night: Part of the Pack Participation rule is having good relationships with my packmates.
Lily Zhu is the elderly friend of Kristopher and a Delta pack member.
Darn it, I'm just being friendly so why do I suddenly have a crush on an elder?

Night: I'd planned to meet you yesterday but got distracted by meeting Lou…
Rory: I bet you did!
Night: Since you and I are friends now and you're the pack leader, could I become a Friend of the Wildfangs?
Rory: Of course! Drop by and hang out with us whenever you want, Night!

Night: Not sure what triggered my rampage tonight, but I unconsciously run to the pack hangout.
Is it because you're Family Oriented, Kristopher? Talking with you really soothes me.
Kristopher: I suggest you also try yoga or meditation. I find Wellness really helps minimize my rampaging.

Night: Now that I'm under the Moonwood Collective's protection, Greg won't dare bother me.
I can see why Kristopher would suggest Wellness to deal with my werewolf fury and general anger issues.
But I need to be able to defend myself against Greg as well. (Let's be honest, I'd love to give Greg a smackdown!)
The best plan would be to lean both wellness and Fighting, uh, I mean, Fitness!

Saturday
I've been finding these Moonwood in various ways.
So far, I've found them by werewolf scavenging, fishing, and exploring the underground tunnels.
This morning, I gain my second Dormant Ability: Lunar Epiphany.
It lets me decipher the Moonwood Relics' engravings, revealing secret lore about werewolves.
I want to uncover all the lore by finding all the relics and reading all the werewolf-related books.

I love fishing in Lake Lunvik! Wait, Lunvik? Isn't that Greg's family name? Why?!
Anyway, I've been trying to catch Luna Fish. I hear Grilled Luna Fish helps boost Fitness skill.
While fishing, I've also caught a Moonwood Relic and a werewolf book.
Oh ! If I earn the Angler's Tranquility reward trait, would it help reduce my fury (and anger)?

Night: Guiliana Volkov! How goes your day? I'm so glad you were the first werewolf I ever met!
If you hadn't been so friendly last week, I'd never have thought to move here!
Guiliana: It's great you joined Moonwood Collective. You're such an enthusiastic member!
Night: Oh, I just reached Prime rank. Is that a rank in our pack?
Guiliana (chuckles): The pack ranks are Omega, Delta, Beta, and Alpha.
And the werewolf ranks are Pup, Runt, Prime, Veteran, and Apex. You still have a ways to go!

At The Screaming Gecko Lounge, Tomarang
Lou: Don't think I didn't notice that you asked me on a date right after the Prom Notice popped up!
Night: I'm really sorry, Lou! I graduated early so I can't invite you to Prom. You, on the other hand, could invite me.
Lou: About this Fated Mates thing, how does it work? I see you have the It's Fate! Sentiment.
Night: Yeah, I know. You only feel Deeply Connected to me. Maybe I can help change that?

Lou: Hey, I only just met you two days ago! Tell me you don't expect me to mess around with you in the hot tub!
Night: A Romantic sim like you acting shy, Lou? I hadn't expected that! I've never kissed anyone but you!
Lou: How do I know you didn't ask me out for your Emissary of the Collective aspiration?  You know, for the socials?
Night: I just checked your profile again, Lou. It describes our relationship as:
"Fated Mates: These sims are tied together for life by the strings of fate!"

Gallery Downloads (Sims)
This is my first time playing the Moonwood Mill townies, so I've re-added these sims to the game.
 I started a new save and added the original premades to MyLibrary.
 Then, I replaced existing older version in my Costa simverse with these default premade townies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Gen4 household
Home: Prowler's Patch, Moonwood Mills
Night Costa (Gen4 heir) - Teen (18 days to YA)
Traits: Good, Hotheaded

Qynh Mori (Gen4 ineligible child) - Teen (18 days to YA)
Traits: Neat, Generous (+Spice Hound)

Progress:  End of Week through 22

Notes
*Beware of the Stand Mixer: Qynh gave her Stand Mixer all 3 upgrades.
  Then, when she checked her Nerd Brain progress, she realized they didn't count for Nerd Brain.

*Cowberries: Night and Qynh had fished up around 15 cowberries!
  A cowberry's only worth §180 when sold straight from inventory.
  But if you plant it in the ground then go into Build mode to sell it, the sprout's worth §475 each.
  Night and Qynh didn't start with zero funds, but they're not swimming in cash, either.
  The cowberries offered a nice chunk of change on their first day.

*Lou Howell: According to the Sims Wiki, Lou was ona date with Celene Lopez when he ran into Greg.
  Greg and an vampire were attacking a younger Jacob Volkov, and Lou got bitten while trying to rescue Jacob.

*Fated Mates: This is a once-in-a-lifetimre  relationship discovered via flirty interactions with other sims.
  I'd read online that the mechanic disregards age, gender, and marital status.
  And I read about an instance where a married werewolf later discovered his Fated Mate (not his wife).
  I was understandably worried about the randomness of the Fated Mates mechanic.
  The Costa simverse currently has about 10 werewolves, including Greg.
   I'm beyond thrilled that Night's Fated Mate turned out to be Lou.

*Night, Friend of the World:Night only had to finish two tasks to complete this aspiration.
  After "Introduce Self to 10 Sims" and "Meet Someone New in 3 Locations," the aspiration auto-completed.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2024, 05:29:35 PM »
Night really did luck out with his fated mate. Lou is very pretty..

You seem to be doing well in the werewolf stakes due, I'm sure, to extensive research. I'm glad you're keeping Qyhn safe but I hope she gets a happily ever after too.

You've made Night a very cute werewolf. All the best for his moonwood adventures

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2024, 05:49:29 PM »
Night really did luck out with his fated mate. Lou is very pretty..

You seem to be doing well in the werewolf stakes due, I'm sure, to extensive research. I'm glad you're keeping Qyhn safe but I hope she gets a happily ever after too.

You've made Night a very cute werewolf. All the best for his moonwood adventures

It's quite ironic that the uncontrollabe nature of a fury-inducted rampage makes Night's Hotheaded trait seem practically insignificant (for now).
I believe Night's Good trait and his requirement to reguarly do good things keeps him in a generally good mood.
About research, I wouldn't say extensive research but I did make sure to learn about the werewolf Temperaments because they are key to triggering Fury.
For example, Night has the Restless Animal temperament so he tries to stay outdoors as much as possible.
His Prideful temperament makes him gain Fury when he's embarrassed or uncomfortable, which he's avoided since he gained that temperament.
Info about the Dormant Abilities is all available in-game.  For his Abilities, I'm leaning toward those that improve his collecting , needs, and fury management.
Night is a peace-loving werewolf, so he's also avoiding any abilities related to ferocity and intimidation. Yes,I am--I mean, Night is--a wuss.

Yes, Night is a very adorable werewolf. See? Not scary at all!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2024, 01:14:03 AM »
Guiliana is the first Sim I've seen that I think pulls off the Judith hairstyle well! I couldn't tell at the bar because we only saw her from the back, but I think it actually looks good on her.

Jacob and Qynh could be very good together . . . . just sayin' . . .

I played a bit with werewolves when the pack first came out, but the only time I played long enough to completed the aspirations was with Colt, and I couldn't have him getting a werewolf Fated Mate as he was with Cassie and I didn't want to turn her. So I have played with that yet. It's a cool mechanic . . . but honestly, your guys and their crushes!! So glad Lou was his fated mate and not Lily or, shudder, Greg.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2024, 03:31:22 PM »
Guiliana is the first Sim I've seen that I think pulls off the Judith hairstyle well! I couldn't tell at the bar because we only saw her from the back, but I think it actually looks good on her.

Jacob and Qynh could be very good together . . . . just sayin' . . .

I played a bit with werewolves when the pack first came out, but the only time I played long enough to completed the aspirations was with Colt, and I couldn't have him getting a werewolf Fated Mate as he was with Cassie and I didn't want to turn her. So I have played with that yet. It's a cool mechanic . . . but honestly, your guys and their crushes!! So glad Lou was his fated mate and not Lily or, shudder, Greg.

It was only a coincidence that Night and Giuliana (I spelled her name wrong throughout my last update, ugh) became good friends during that first visit to Moonwood Mill's Grimtooth Bar.
I was focused on Qynh, Thyme, and Masa discovering disguised aliens, so Night was left to his own devices.
At the time, I wasn't even considered Night would become a werwolf, haha.
But back to Giuliana, her somewhat Victorian style is an odd choice for Moonwood Mill.
But you're right, she totally pulls off that hairstyle.

As you know, I've turned a blind eye to werewolves over the two years or so since the Werewolves' pack release.
But playing Night as a werewolf somehow called to me.  I wasn't aware of the Fated Mates mechanic until I came across it last week while seeking other werewolf-related info.
My male sims (why just the mele sims) get crushes without even flirting.
You can bet I was VERY careful not to let Night flirt with anyone besides Lou.
That was before I knew about Fated Mates. 
Thank the Fates that Greg still wears his wedding ring and wasn't an option for Night.
Oh, except when Night met Greg, the Romance option popped up so Night might have tried one or two flirties.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.23: Night Howl (20 Jun '24)
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2024, 05:56:38 PM »
4.23: Night Howl

Sundayay, Week 23, Year 2 (mid-autumn)
Night: Last week I began a new life in Moonwood Mill.
After staggering home from Greg's trailer, Kristopher Volkov paid a visit and offered his pack's protection.
Several hours later, I transformed into a werewolf.
The next day, Kristopher (Moonwood Collective's pack leader) accepted me into his pack.
That evening, I encountered my Fated Mate, Lou Howell, a member of the Wildfangs pack.
He initially doubted my talk of forever mates, but he's since come around.

Qynh (to herself): I don't really mind being Night's helper, though I envy him so much!
He's found his Fated Mate! Imagine meeting The One you're destined to stay with for the rest of your life!
If only I had more friends in this town.  Oh, I know!
I'll bake some cookies for Night's pack and ask to be4come a Friend of the Moonwood Collective.

Night: Even with my Enhanced Smell, scavenging is only turning up duplicate Moonwood Relics and books.
That's why I spend more time these days exploring the underground tunnels.
Today, I find a shortcut that lets me fast-travel between this Ground-Level Bunker and the Portal Potties.
Qynh began exploring the tunnels first before me. She's glad for a local activity not exclusive to werewolves.

Knowing that Lou is my Fated Mate really complicates my future plans.
Would he be willing to leave his life here to move with me to Tomarang?
Do I want the next heir to be a werewolf? If not, do I need a cure for lycanthropy? And Lou?
Since I don't know all the answers, I'll go ahead and collect the cure's ingredients.

Back home, I plant one of the Wolfsbane I just harvested.
To make two Wolf B-Gone cures, I'll need 20 Wolfsbane.
Suddenly, I get a notice that I've reached Beta Rank in the Moonwood Collective.
Wait a sec. Isn't Alpha the next and highest rank in our pack?

Monday
Kristopher: You're such an asset to our pack, Night. We're all so glad you joined us.
Night: When I checked pack resources, I saw The Diary of Greggorious Lunvik. Is that…Greg?
Kristopher: Yes, it is. Feel free to take the diary. Anything you find there is yours.
Night: Thanks so much. I've been looking everywhere for that book! Here's a gift for you, Kristopher.

Night: I try to do good deeds on a regular basis.
Today, I visit the Volkov home (only Jacob's there) and Insta-Upgrade their stove.
On second thought, I should do upgrades at the Moonwood Library instead.
That would benefit the entire community instead of a single household.

Qynh: I want to help with your collection, Night, but it's not going so well.
Today, my first exploration turned up a book you'd already found.
My second attempt, I got attacked by some wild werewolf, but I escaped.
Night: Are you okay, Qynh? What's wrong with your mouth?
Qynh: Oh this? It looks like a milk moustache to me.

Night: Seriously, Qynh, you might have Werebies. Let's visit the Grimtooth Bar.
I hear it offers a free remedy for Werebies.
Qynh: Oh, you're right! But I don't need the Werebies remedy, Night.
I'm an Alien Hybrid and occult states don't stack, remember?

Tuesday
Night: A bit of gardening, a bit of boxing, and a 4th or 5th readthrough of The Diary of Greggorius Lunvik.
This morning, I finally learn the recipe of Greggorius Lunviik (aka Greg) for the Wolf B-Gone cure!
I'm startled to notice that I'm glowing red. Should I try to avoid rampaging?
Or should I encourage rampaging to level up my Werewolk Rank faster?

Qynh: I don't know why Night's so worried! I lost my "milk moustache" this morning.
For some reason, though, I'm feeling really, really hungry so I'll just go home to eat and…
Arrrggghhh!!! Why is this happening to me? I'm an Alien-Servo hybrid and…

Whatever! I get the Must be Clean temperament which makes me gain Fury when my Hygiene is low..
So I choose the Personal Grooming ability, which lets me lick myself clean.
While rampaging, I can't actually see my Groom Self option or make myself bathe.
Luckily, I autonomously take a bath when my hygiene drops.

Wednesday
Qynh: Thank you for letting me join the Moonwood Collective Kristopher!
Kristopher: You easily passed your three membership trials.
Plus, your Night's sister, so how could we not have you join our pack?

Lily: Here's a packmate gift for our newest member!
Qynh: Thanks for the warm welcome, Lily!
Lily: Just curious, Qynh, but why did you choose the same outfit as me?
Qynh: I'm so sorry, but I have no waist and slim hips--nothing else fit me!
Lily: It's so unfair! Male werewolves can wear human clothes just fine, but not female werewolves!

Qynh: I'd already asked you your Romantic Interests last week, but nothing happened.
Jacob: That's because Fated Mates is a werewolf thing. Try me again now that you're a werewolf!
Qynh: You bet I will. I've never flirted with anyone but you! *gives Bold Pickup Line
Jackob: I'm yours, Qynh!

Thursday
Edgar: There, there! Don't feel bad! Death is a natural part of life.
Night: You are my favorite family member, Grandpa Edgar!
Papa Thyme phones often, wanting to chat.
But you just come over to see how I'm doing.  Thank you!

Winona: Of course, I'm happy to become a Werewolf Ally, Night, but I have a question.
Night: Thank you Grandma Winona. What's your question?
Winona: Edgar and I become elders in 11 days. If you're a Werewolf, who will give us Immortality Potions?
Night: Don't worry! Papa gave me two potions for you before I moved out.
And even though I'm no longer a Spellcaster, I'm still able to give magic potions to others.

Friday
Night: I'm a Grumpy Wolf by temperament.
It's not a big deal. I only need to rest more often than other Werewolves.
(Sadly, my Never Wear reward trait makes no difference.)

When I go into a rampage tonight, I have the clever idea to buy cheap chairs to smash for Werewolf xp.
What a horrible idea! I get multiple warning notices from the Moonwood Collective.
I am ordered to report to the pack leader for disciplinary action, which I can't do because….rampage.
Unbelievably, even the Wildfangs sent me a warning about revoking my Friend of the Wildfangs status?

Saturday
Qynh: Jacob stopped by for a visit this morning.
I haven't told Night yet, but I'm no longer interested in moving to Tomarang.
Does Jacob have visions of our future together?

Night: No more smashing chairs for me!
I can level up my Werewolf Rank bk more slowly by non-destructive, non-violent Werewolf abilities .
After spending the morning scavenging in our yard, I find my 11th Moonwood Relic.
And while deciphering its engravings, I reach the highest Werewolk Rank: Apex.

Lou: We are Fated Mates, Night. My inner wolf craves to be near you all the time.
Can't we live together?
Night: I woke up this morning with my inner wolf wanting the same thing!
You could move in with me today! We can spend more time together that way.

Lou: I've never gone fishing before. Not gonna lie, this is pretty fun!
Night: Look at you! Catching a Luna Fish on your third cast ever!
You lucky dawg! Qynh and I have L10 Fishing but catching a Luna Fish took us each several days!

Night (to himself): What are the chances that we're all rampaging at the same time?
*tries to regain control but fails
Lily: *tries to regain control but fails
Lou: *tries to regain control but fails
Night: *tries to regain control and succeeds

Lou: Hey, how'd you do that, man? I'm not rampaging anymore!
Night: I used my Werewolf Empathy to "pacify" your Fury.
Lou: Cool! Now I can finally go finish reading The Diary of Greggorius Lunvik.
You know, I've always hated Greg for attacking Jacob and biting me.
But reading his diary makes me feel kinda bad for him, y'know?
Night: Same.

The Gen4 household
Home: Prowler's Patch, Moonwood Mill
Night Costa (Gen4 heir) - Teen (10 days to YA)
Fated Mate/Boyfriend: Lou Howell
Werewolf Rank: Apex, MC Pack Rank: Beta (100%)

Qynh Mori (Gen4 ineligible child) - Teen (10 days to YA)
Traits: Neat, Generous
Fated Mate/Boyfriend: Jacob Volkov
Werewolf Rank: Prime, MC Pack Rank: Beta (45%)

Lou Howell (Gen4 Fated Mate) - Teen (10 days to YA)
Traits: Art Lover, Romantic
Werewolf Rank: Runt, Wildfangs Pack Rank: Delta

Progress:  End of Week 23

Notes
*The Crush mechanic: This mechanic is annoying and unreasonable. It's not even funny.
  Last week, Night crushed on the elderly Lily Zhu, a fellow pack member.
  Sunday, Night and Qynh visited their family home where Night immediately crushed on Masa the Servo.
  Friday, after being summon by the pack leader for disciplinary action, Kristopher scolds and warns Night.
  And Night's response? He gets a major crush on Kristopher.
  Of course, Night has since successfully gotten over his crush on Lily, Masa, and Kristopher.
   He also has a crush on Lou, which is obviously quite acceptable.
  Once a werewolf encounters their Fated Mate, you'd think the random crushes would stop. *rolls eyes

*Fated Mates: After becoming a werewolf, the first werewolf Qynh flirted with was Jacob.
  Thank the Fates, Jacob turned out to be her Fated Mate.
   If not, she would've eventually married Jacob anyway without ever flirting with another werewolf.
   Night and Qynh have been supremely lucky with their Fated Mates!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2024, 01:17:50 AM »
That crossed-arms-leaning-against-the-tree is such a great pose! Night looks particularly cute doing it.
Oh, Qynh - on the one hand, I don't like her being turned without her consent, but on the other, if she hadn't been turned she wouldn't have found her Fated Mate. So glad it turned out to be Jacob!
It hardly seems fair that Night was penalized for smashing his own chairs that he purchased for that precise purpose!
It sounds like Qynh will be staying in Moonwood Mill with Jacob and Lou will be going to Tomarang with Night. Hopefully, both couples will be very happy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2024, 02:07:16 AM »
I agree about the leaning-on-tree pose. Brilliant!

Having a legacy of werewolves could be tricky... Just as well they've got the cure recipe to give them options.

Qyhn sure has a complicated body but she looks to have a bright future with Jacob.

Without mods, my Teens only crush on other Teens and even that is quite annoying. Your Teens heirs seem particularly prone!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2024, 11:23:48 AM »
That crossed-arms-leaning-against-the-tree is such a great pose! Night looks particularly cute doing it.
Oh, Qynh - on the one hand, I don't like her being turned without her consent, but on the other, if she hadn't been turned she wouldn't have found her Fated Mate. So glad it turned out to be Jacob!
It hardly seems fair that Night was penalized for smashing his own chairs that he purchased for that precise purpose!
It sounds like Qynh will be staying in Moonwood Mill with Jacob and Lou will be going to Tomarang with Night. Hopefully, both couples will be very happy!
When clicking on the giant tree at the Moonwood Collective's hangout, one of the options is "Hang Out."
I need to check if clicking on the Wildfantgs' trailer offers a different pose option?  Do you know from playing Colt?

Qynh contracted Werebies on her 3rd or 4th day of exploring the underground tunnels. When she came out foaming at the mouth, I was conflicted whether to cure her or not.
My curiosity over the identity of her Fated Mate was stronger then seeing how the Werebies Remedy works, hah!

As for the warnings Night received from both packs, I wonder if it was because Night had been smashing the chairs outdoors and not inside his house?
I'm thinking the "outdoor destruction" might have constited a public display of violence.
I can understand why the Moonwood Collective would be upset, but why would the Wildfangs be upset about smashing cheap chairs?
I've played into Week 24 and the four teens have around a week until they become YAs.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2024, 12:26:53 PM »
I agree about the leaning-on-tree pose. Brilliant!

Having a legacy of werewolves could be tricky... Just as well they've got the cure recipe to give them options.

Qyhn sure has a complicated body but she looks to have a bright future with Jacob.

Without mods, my Teens only crush on other Teens and even that is quite annoying. Your Teens heirs seem particularly prone!

Yes, the "Hang Out" pose. I might have involuntarily squealed when I saw Night leaning there with his little smile. LOL!
Qynh's body had been an odd shape when she aged up to a teen. No waist, slim hips.
I tweaked her body shape slightly in CAS.  There's no help for her as a werewolf.
She has a really long torso yet most tops bulge out oddly around her waistless waist.
Screenshot.jpg Screenshot (314).jpg

I'm really happy Qynh has found Jacob, though! I didn't want her to spend the rest of her life as a legacy scrub.

As for those darn crushes, no sim is off-limits as crushes for my male teen heirs.
Luckily, the "Try to Get Over Crush" thing actually works now. Until Night, my sims would "Try" and get the message that their mind has cleared.
But the arget crush still appeared as a crush in the sim profiles and as "Try to get Over Crush" options.
Qynh has been doing lots of socializing, too, as part of the Moonwood Collective but no crushes for her.

I ran across a Werewolf-only legacy challenge yesterday. It seemed a little fun but also very restrictive with banned skills for each generation.
Not sure werewolves could keep my interest for 10 generations. Haha.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.24: Cutting Her Wolf Loose (22 Jun '24)
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2024, 07:34:54 PM »
4.24: Cutting Her Wolf Loose

Sunday, Week 24, Year 2 (late autumn)
Night: Last week, Qynh got bit by a feral werewolf while exploring the underground tunnels.
The bad news: she contracted Werebies and turned into a werewolf.
The good news: she learned Jacob Volkov's her Fated Mate.
Friday, I smashed a dozen cheap chairs in our yard, trying to earn Werewolf xp faster.
That earned me a bunch of warning notices from both packs, but not that much xp.
Saturday, Lou came over and our wolves decided we should be living together, so I asked him to move in.
From L to R: Lou, me, and Qynh

Lou: Rory, I'm leaving Wildfangs to join the Moonwood Collective.
Rory: You've got to be joking, Lou! Your place is here with the Wildfangs.
Lou: It used to be, but now my place is next to Night. I'm sorry, Rory.
Rory: Don't be sorry, Lou. You have to live your own life. Dean and I will look for new members.

Lou: Kristopher, I left the Wildfangs and hope you'll let me join the Moonwood Collective.
Kristopher: Night is our most generous member and you're his Fated Mate.
You are, of course, welcome to join us after you pass three simple trials.
Lou: *aces all three trials and joins the Moonwood Collective at Omega rank

Monday
Lou: I brought home a B grade today, Night, but I really need a Wolf Nap!
Night: Gratz on your B! Let's hope you can graduate early tomorrow!
Lou: Me, too!  I'm a Grumpy Wolf so I got so sleepy during classes today.
Night: I'll just keep scavenging and…hey! I found my last Moonwood Relic!

Kristopher: You're going to have to do better, Qynh!
Following your housemates around all day doesn't count as Pack Participation.
Qynh: But…
Kristopher: No excuses! It's just a short walk to our pack hangout! Come mingle with your other packmates.

Lou: Is that a special howl, Night?
Night: Yeah, the Lunar Howl ability lets me reroll my Temperaments.
The red Temperaments raise Fury, but the blue ones slow down both Fury Gain and Need decay.
Lou: So that Mark of the Hunt and Mark of the Night mean you lose Hunger and Energy more slowly?
Dang, I want that ability, but I just achieved Veteran rank.  It's an Apex rank ability, right?

Tuesday
Night: Hey, super student! Gratz on bringing home an A today!
Lou: What should I do now? Should I graduate early? Shall we go to Prom?
Night: As much as I'd love to see you all dolled up, going to Prom is too risky for us.
Lou: Yeah, you're right. We'd probably start rampaging and freak out the other students.
Night: We can go out on a date Saturday night instead!

Night: Kristopher, I challenge you to an Epic Tug of War for pack leadership!
Kristopher: I've been Moonwood Collective's pack leader for generations. You think you can beat me?
Night: Prepare to hand over leadership to me!
(to himself): I maxed Fitness and drank a +100 Energized Potion. I should be fine, right?

Kristopher: You've only been a Werewolf for two weeks! How did I lose?!
Well, Night, I couldn't step down for a better Werewolf!
Night: Wow, this was only my second "fight" in my life!
(Does this mean my packmates will constantly challenge me for pack leadership?)

Night: No hard feelings, right, Kristopher?
Kristopher: Of course not! You defeated me fair and square.
And what about the Collective Cabin? It's closer to the pack hangout than your home.
Now that you're pack leader, shall we swap lots? Think about it.

Wednesday
Qynh (to herself): Ugh, look at those two. They can "Wolf Nap Together," but they never invite me.
It's just as well. Last week, I got a major crush on Night and couldn't get over it for DAYS!
And earlier, I chatted with Lou and now I have a major crush on him! I can't…

Qynh: How did I miss visiting this underground bunker on the Grimtooth Bar premises?
Night: Non-werewolves can only enter this Secret Werewolf Bunker if they find it while exploring tunnels.
Anyway, I just spent §5,080 to improve this place for the Werewolf community.
I replaced the stove, fridge, 2 sinks, shower, and toilet, then added a chess table with chairs.

Lou: Are you done with the stove's Insta-Upgrade? Can you come mentor me?
Night: Since you're upgrading the Bunker's toilet, I'm pretty sure this counts as a good deed for both of us!

Thursday
Night: Why are you feeling so sad, Kristopher? What happened?
Kristopher: It's hard being an Immortal Wolf, Night!
I outlive everyone I befriend except other Immortal Wolves, Vampires, and a few Spellcasters.
Night: I saw the Immortal Wolf ability among my available Apex perks but I'm waiting on Lou.
Kristopher: You should both wait until you're young adults. Who wants to be an Immortal Teen Wolf?

Lou: I've re-read The Diary of Greggorius Lunvik several times now.
But I don't remember whether or not I've learned the Wolf B-Gone recipe.
Night: We're at Grimtooth Bar, so try clicking on the bar to see if you can make it.
Lou: Nope, not yet.

Night: From Grimtooth Bar, the three of us head to the Wildfangs hangout with Jacob Vokov.
It's a full moon and all four of us start rampaging uncontrollably.
Unable to regain control of my senses, I can't stop myself from running off.
But look, my main mood remains Very Confident. Does this mean I'm still "maintaining harmony"?

Lou: Full-moon rampages are so hard to snap out of!
Night: Yeah, the four of us were rampaging for hours!
Even after I regained control, I couldn't pacify you or Qynh. She's still off rampaging somewhere.
Lou: Let's cozy up at this bonfire for a bit then head home. I'm starving!

Friday
Qynh: Since our YA birthday comes next Tuesday, I proposed to Jacob this morning.
But what a shock when I remembered to try and get over my crush on Lou.
I somehow lost my crush on Jacob! This Fated Mates thing doesn't seem to be working for me.
Even if I invite Jacob over, I still find myself ignoring him to socialize with Night and Lou instead.

Night: Hey Dean! I came over to contribute a Moonwood Relic to the Wildfangs' pack resources.
It's a wedding gift for you and Rory.  Congratulations, you two!
Dean (left): And did you hear? We moved into a trailer park in Forgotten Hollow!
Rory: It's great to have a home! Dean and I can start a family and even take in new Wildfangs members

Lou: I've been reading all morning, Night. I learned both the Wolf B-Gone and Grilled Luna Fish recipes.
Night: Great! Not even Qynh can make Grilled Luna Fish. Now I can focus on fishing instead of reading!
But I have good news, too! Even with last night's rampage, I was able to Maintain Harmony for 48 hours!
Lou: So how does your new Clear Perspective reward trait affect Fury?
Night: I have no idea but I guess we'll find out.

Lou: Hey, Spice Champion! What's going on with Qynh tonight?
Night: Yeah, I also noticed she's really knocking those drinks back since we got here!

Qynh: I can't do this anymore!  Rampages, raw meat, claustrophobic small town, pack rules…
Jacob: But we're Fated Mates, Qynh! You can't deny our shared destiny!
Qynh: I thought I loved you enough to embrace the werewolf life, but…it brings me no joy.
That's why I'm breaking our engagement here and now.
Jacob: We are our once-in-a-lifetime Fated Mates! We can never be happy with anyone else!
Qynh: Please let me go, Jacob. I'm sure there's a way to erase me from your memory.
Watcher: Did somesim just rub my genie bottle?

Qynh: I'm Furious at Jacob and feel Overwhelmingly Aggressive! *transforms and runs around in a rage
Lou: Night, look! What's Qynh thinking? If she noticed her Fury rising, she should've gone home!
Night: I'll see if I can catch her and Pacify her. She can't do this here in front of all these non-occults!

Saturday
Lou: Watch out, Night! Qynh's about to jump you!
Night: How could you attack me, Qhynh? You forced me to transform and brawl with you in public!
After all we've been through and all our pack's efforts to create goodwill with non-Werewolf sims!
Lou: I don't think you're getting through to her. Try Pacifying her again so we can take her home.

Back at Prowler's Patch
Night: Why did you lock Lou and me out of the house? What are you doing in there? Open up, Qynh!
Qynh: I'm using some of your Moonpetals and Wolfsbane, Night. *drinks Wolf B-Gone caure
But there are still enough Moonpetals to make about four more…
Night: Qynh? What are you doing? Stop fooling around and unlock the door!

Gallery Downloads
I don't want my premade werewolves dying out without leaving behind younger werewolves.
So I renovated Forgotten Hollow to include two "family homes" for werewolves.

The Gen4 household
Home: Prowler's Patch, Moonwood Mill
Night Costa (Gen4 heir) - Teen (3 days to YA)
Fated Mate/Boyfriend: Lou Howell
Temperaments: Night Howl, Mark of the Night, Mark of the Hunt, Restless Animal
Werewolf Rank: Apex, Moon Collective Pack Rank: Alpha (Pack Leader)

Lou Howell (Gen4 Fated Mate) - Teen (3 days to YA)
Traits: Art Lover, Romantic
Temperaments: Night Wolf, Restless Animal, Grumpy Wolf, Anti-Capitalist Canine
Werewolf Rank: Veteran, MC Pack Rank: Beta

MOVED OUT
Qynh Mori (Gen4 ineligible child) - Teen (3 days to YA)
Traits: Neat, Generous (no longer a Werewolf)
Romantic Interest: none

Progress:  End of Week 24

Notes
*Inner Peace aspiration: I imagine Hotheaded Night could've completed this aspiration easily.
  With the addition of Werewolf Rampages, Night struggled to "Maintain Harmony" for 48 hours.
  Luckily, his rampage Thursday night was over-ridden by other positive moodlets.
  Frankly, I was getting ready to give on his "Maintain Harmony" and substitute a different aspiration.

*Renovating the Secret Werewolf Bunker: Night deleted appliances worth §1,725.
 Their higher-quality off-the-grid versions and chess table set were worth §6,805.
 To "cover the costs" of this community-lot renovation, we cheated §5,080 from Night's household funds.

*Cutting one's wolf loose: I'd never heard of this expression before, which is slang for getting drunk.
  It works for Qynh on multiple levels. Drinking gave her liquid courage to defy Fate and break up with Jacob.
  After cutting  her wolf (Jacob) loose from their engagement, she cut her inner wolf loose by drinking the cure.
  Hehe, you figured that out with my explanation, right?

*Crush dynamic: Though Jacob was qynh's Fated Mate, she practically ignored him when he visited and socialized instead with Night or Lou.
  Due to teen crushes, I should've known better than to have Night move out with a non-sibling teen.
  A lesson learned for future generations.
  It seemed right to have Qynh drink the cure and move on. She struggled with Fury management and didn't actually care for Jacob that much.

*Fated mates: I'm quite happy with the Night/Lou pairing and can't wait to meet their wereboos! *squees
  I've since found a mod (Fated Mate It's Fate by Zafireria) that drops the Fated Mate possibility from 50% per flirt-targeted werewolf (the default value) to 10%.
  It also expands the available Fated Mate pool to include other occults and non-occults.
   I might try this mod out for Gen5, maybe give poor Jacob another chance at love...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2024, 08:32:09 PM »
It's too bad things didn't work out for Qynh and Jacob, but if she wasn't happy as a werewolf, then it's for the best. She's back home, which is probably good, but I'll miss her from the story.

It sounds like Night and Lou will be introducing werewolves to Tomarang, not just in that they'll be moving there together, but that they'll have a family there as well. It's a good way to introduce a neighborhood to the wolves - no one will be able to resist those precious wereboos! Can't wait to see them myself! ❤

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2024, 02:05:43 AM »
It's too bad things didn't work out for Qynh and Jacob, but if she wasn't happy as a werewolf, then it's for the best. She's back home, which is probably good, but I'll miss her from the story.

It sounds like Night and Lou will be introducing werewolves to Tomarang, not just in that they'll be moving there together, but that they'll have a family there as well. It's a good way to introduce a neighborhood to the wolves - no one will be able to resist those precious wereboos! Can't wait to see them myself! ❤

Qynh turned out to be quite toxic after she broke up with Jacob and became human again.
I had her stay around Saturday to help the boys move but she stayed Very Flirty and followed Lou around flirting with him.
(NIght's still Furious with her for Friday night.).
I'd prepared a lovely 3-bedrom family home for her in Newcrest but, after she went after Night's mate, I decided that house isn't for her.

Night and Lou will become young adults in three sim-days, entering a new phase in their lives.
Night's super excited and has already hand-crafted cribs and toddler beds.  ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2024, 02:52:15 AM »
Congratulations on all the achievements- wolf-related plus all the good deeds.

I'd never seen the inside of that wolf lair before but, ironically Dorothy got a gig to renovate the ground level - you'll see how that went in my next update  ???

Poor confused Qyhn. Alien, human, wolf? Your mod will match her with someone, right? I hope they're good for her. I agree that she had to move out. Three's a crowd, and all that.

I'm very interested to see how your gen 5 turn out in Tomorang!  :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2024, 10:06:59 AM »
Congratulations on all the achievements- wolf-related plus all the good deeds.

I'd never seen the inside of that wolf lair before but, ironically Dorothy got a gig to renovate the ground level - you'll see how that went in my next update  ???

Poor confused Qyhn. Alien, human, wolf? Your mod will match her with someone, right? I hope they're good for her. I agree that she had to move out. Three's a crowd, and all that.

I'm very interested to see how your gen 5 turn out in Tomorang!  :D

Ahhh, how hilarious that Dorothy got a renovation gig of Grimtooth Bar!  Looking forward to seeing that!

As for that mod, I'm finished playing Qynh. I thought I might try the mod out for the next generation.
I can understand how Qynh would be attracted to both Night and Qynh but she was starting to ruin the boys' relationship (even while she was Jacob's girlfriend).

Erm, I'm afraid my stats are somewhat misleading but...everything will work out fine! 
I'm dyring to see the little Gen5 toddlers howling, haha!

anything