Author Topic: Costa Mishmash Legacy 4.26b: Morning, Noon, and Night (1 Jul '24)  (Read 6826 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy/Prologue: Put de Lime in da Coconut (29 Apr 24)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2024, 01:40:08 AM »
I enjoyed the prologue, but then, who doesn't like a bit of McDreamy McSteamy when you can get it?
So happy to see Renato (almost) safe and sound. Surely he'll soon be fit as a fiddle and ready to get started in his new simverse.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2024, 01:49:34 AM »
I enjoyed the prologue, but then, who doesn't like a bit of McDreamy McSteamy when you can get it?
So happy to see Renato (almost) safe and sound. Surely he'll soon be fit as a fiddle and ready to get started in his new simverse.

Thank you!  I need to figure out how fast his hair will grow back. It was clipping with the head bandage so the doctors shaved it off.
I'm still feeling a bit mentally exhausted from having completed my Mistura Legacy, but am also eager to play Renato.
I mean, the more I play him, the faster his hair will grow back, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2024, 02:32:36 AM »
Oh no! Renato! That hit & run driver has a lot to answer for. What a dramatic (and excellent) way to disappear from one Simverse to another.

It was good of the Greys Anatomy team to do their best for Renato but I hope he's recovered enough for the tasks ahead. Sending good thoughts his way.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2024, 08:59:16 AM »
Oh no! Renato! That hit & run driver has a lot to answer for. What a dramatic (and excellent) way to disappear from one Simverse to another.

It was good of the Greys Anatomy team to do their best for Renato but I hope he's recovered enough for the tasks ahead. Sending good thoughts his way.

Have the doctors spout medical jargon was WAAAY harder than I'd expected.  I was totally laughing at myself while writing their dialogue.
I needed to explain why Renato suddenly disappeared.  Poor guy, he's off to a rough start.

Renato thanks you profusely for sending your healing vibes his way.  He's eagerly awaiting the regrowth of his hair!
Like you, I can't wait to get started. :D  *high fives

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.1: Bald and Broke
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2024, 01:57:25 PM »
1.1: Bald and Broke

Sunday, Week 1, Year 1 (early spring)
Renato: Although I met my Watcher in Port Promise, she tells to start out in Conifer Station.
Technically, I should be starting on an empty lot, so after moving here, I cheat my funds to §1,845.
That's enough to pay for my second and third residential lots (§1,000 + §845). You'll see what I mean soon.
First things first, I sign up for Scouts!

Next, I travel to Conifer Station's community venue, which is called Sprucewood Square.
Before the voting period ends on Monday morning, I'll be living and voting in all 3 Evergreen Harbor hoods.
For now, Sprucewood Square is just your basic Community Space.

At Sprucewood, I introduce myself to every sim who arrives on the lot.
I earn 4 influence points per self-introduction, and need 10 influence points to cast a single vote.
Once I have enough points, I vote to convert Sprucewood Square into a Maker Space.
The dumpster here is empty, so I leave to check the two other dumpsters in Conifer Station.

Next, I move to the Rockridge Springs lot in the Grims Quarry neighborhood.
At The Quarry Building, the dumpster's empty but I introduce myself to as many sims as possible.
When I have enough points, I vote to convert this venue into a Community Garden.

My final move is to Port Promise with its Industrial Eco Footprint.
This neighborhood is truly the eyesore of Evergreen Harbor.

Speaking of eyesores, I've moved into a junkyard.
Once I throw out all the junk and clean this lot up, it'll be great (I hope).
It has two lot challenges: Reduce & Recycle and Off-the-Grid.
But I can remove Off-the-Grid later once I max my required career. That's a long ways away!

At The Waterfront, which is Port Promise's community venue, I continue dumpster diving and socializing.
It kills me that obscenely wealthy sims, like the Landgraabs and Fengs, come here to dumpster dive.
Do they enjoy toying with the livelihood of poor folks like me?

While socializing in front of the community board, I earn my Sociability badge here!
Before leaving, I vote to convert The Waterfront into a Marketplace.
Then I'm off to dive for deals in Port Promise's two public dumpsters.
I expect to make the most use of the Marketplace, followed by  the Maker Space.

By 9:30 pm, my pants are damp (I peed myself earlier) and I'm hungry and desperate for fun.
Biking around, I discover The Caboose, a bar that was originally a train station.
I grab some free chips and do my homework, but feel too miserable to do Extra Credit.
Tomorrow's a good day to schedule a holiday and take a day off from high school.

Monday
Napping on a bench near my home is going to get old real fast!
I better go clean up my lot before the holiday gnome arrives.
Oh look! Port Promise's Eco Footprint has gone from Industrial to Neutral!

There's still junk that needs to be thrown out, but my lot's looking so much better.
Here's what I've got from the dumpsters so far:
*Burnt items: Double bed, dining table x2, foyer table, bar stool.
*Usable items: Shower (!), kitchen cabinet, decorative art
*Other: Bike, dye x3, upgrade part x3, Simmi, §187

Tuesday
Jeb: I was wondering if I could stay at your place for a few days.
Renato: Duuude, are you crazy? No! I got nothing here!

Jeb: Oh c'mon, Renato. It'll be fun!
Renato: Listen, I sleep on benches but can't take a full nap because I have to pee.
But I wet myself every day because  I can't use a toilet until I find or craft one.
Jeb: Oh. Um, that sounds pretty miserable. I guess I'm lucky to have my own room.

Wednesday
Renato: After some dumpster diving, I hold my first yard sale at The Waterfront's Marketplace.
I'm selling the stuff I got while dumpster diving or working on scout badges.
I earn over §3,000, which will allow me to paint for my Arts & Crafts badge.
In the next stall, Simeon Silversweater sells candles. Being Sage of Practical Magic isn't enough, I guess.

Thursday
I visit the Marketplace before school to give gifts for my Give Back badge. That's when I meet Morgan Fyres.
Until I meet her, I hadn't considered going to Prom at all.
Maybe I'll ask her to Prom as friends.
I have just enough time before school to remove my head bandages.

This afternoon, I finally become an A student!
Wow! I have almost all the furnishings to the meet the requirements for marriage.
That is, I need three rooms: a Bedroom (double bed), a Bathroom (toilet, sink, bath or shower),
and a Dining/Kitchen room (fridge, sink, stove, counter, table, and chair).
All I'm missing is a stove, counter, and table for the kitchen.  And, of course, 3 rooms and 3 lights!

While I'm repairing the fridge, Morgan shows up and asks me to Prom as friends. Absolutely!
My fun's practically at zero so I ask Morgan to pillow fight with me, but it's no help.
I mean, I could ride my bike around for fun but ignoring my guest like that would be rude, right?
I'll just have to think of another way to raise my fun. Yep, Morgan definitely likes me.

Friday
Today, I actively attend high school for the first time. It's Exam Day but I'm prepared!
I also have time to continue working on my Arts & Crafts badge before and after classes.
If only I could afford the Marketable trait!
Watcher: Soon, Renato, soon!

Renato: After school, Morgan and I visit the new Sprucewood Square Maker Space.
Oddly, it has 3 children's Activity Tables but not a single easel.
Maybe I'll add another easel somewhere on the lot, too.

Morgan: Congrats on your hair growing back and your Arts & Crafts badge!
Renato: Thanks! Only three more badges to go!
Morgan: You're such a cheapskate! I can't believe you still come to The Caboose to eat free chips.
Renato: If I had a counter, I could at least make salads.  Maybe I'll spend tonight diving in dumpsters.

Saturday
We start out Saturday at Magnolia Promenade.
I'm hoping to fish up a Dragonfruit and Cowberry to plant in our garden.
(I'm not buying seeds for produce and flowers at the various stalls.)
I'm not mad about catching a Voodoo Doll, which I can sell later.

Sorry, but I have no photos of our Prom Night.
I was too busy trying to earn a stereo from a gold-medal Prom.
The Prom ends during my Sweetheart Dance with Morgan.
Sigh, it's a bronze-medal Prom Night. Fine. (I later find a radio in a dumpster.)

We skip the After-Prom Party to return to the Sprucewood Maker Space.
I reach L6 Handiness, which means I can now craft a dining table and chairs.
I'm still missing a stove and a kitchen counter.
Watcher insists I have to find a counter in a dumpster before I can craft it using the More Woodworks mod.

By the way, my little club with Morgan earns the Rally the Troops perk tonight. Handy!

Sunday, Week 2
It's early Sunday morning and here's my one-room home.
My fridge, toilet, and sinks aren't functional Off-the-Grid (OtG) and I can't afford solar panels or wind turbines.
Watcher agrees with me that living Off-the-Grid is unrealistic.
It's hard enough finding appliances, without requiring OtG-compatible appliances.
So, I'm removing the Off-the-Grid lot challenge, effective now.

I had a somewhat productive week.
Please join me next week when I hope to have even more hair and better luck!

Gallery Downloads
*The Shipping Views (30x20): We're supposed to start on an empty lot with 0 funds.
  However, I chose to start with a junkyard because it's a mood.
  Costing §750 when bulldozed, my build's valued at §845 thanks to Debug items, so it's technically empty.
*The Caboose (30x20, bar): "The Caboose Reno" by DoctorSimCraft. Love this build!
*Sprucewood Square - Maker Space (40x30): "Sprucewood Square - Maker Space" by Michellexlin.
  The last time I used a Maker Space, I'd edited the existing build myself.
   But this build is SO much better than anything I could produce. It's amazing! (Had to add an easel, though.)
*The Waterfront - Market (40x30): "The Waterfront Market" by Fruitcupp.
   A gorgeous marketplace build. I did some rearranging to add The Street Gallery x2.
*"Copperdale High School" (64x64) by SimLicy.

Progress: End of Week 1
Residence: The Shipping Views, Port Promise (Evergreen Harbor)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Seasons: As in my last legacy, I'll continue playing 3-week seasons using a mod by LittlemIssSam.
  With a 12-week year, I don't have to deal with a major holiday on a weekly basis.
*Voting on multiple community venues: Granny Lawlor and I discussed this prior to posting our trailers.
  By happy coincidence, we both had the same idea of moving from hood to hood during the Voting Period.
*Canal Corner and Rockridge Springs: With his starting §20k, Renato didn't need to bullodoze these lots.
  But bulldozing them simplified the separation of his moving expenses from his dumpster-diving earnings.
*Income: Once Renato's done with Painter Extraordinaire, he'll focus on woodworking and fabrication.
*Sell More Selfmade Woodworks at the Flea Market mod: I play-tested this and couldn't get it work.
  Renato placed the cc tarp at the Flea Market and near the karaoke bar, but it wouldn't detect his inventory.
  Next, he'll try running a home store on Sunday, using LittleMissSam's Live-In Business mod. Wish him luck!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.1: Bald and Broke (1 May 24)
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2024, 02:57:07 PM »
Wow - Renato's been really lucky with his finds. Dawn is drooling at the sight of his fridge and sink! She's got a sink that needs a counter but no counter! Argh. And he found a bed! Wow - just - wow!

Great start, Watcher - and some great scenery :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2024, 03:15:00 PM »
Wow - Renato's been really lucky with his finds. Dawn is drooling at the sight of his fridge and sink! She's got a sink that needs a counter but no counter! Argh. And he found a bed! Wow - just - wow!

Renato wanted to be Otg for the lower bills, but it'll be too hard to find "Functional Off the Grid" appliances.
Or does he need to earn more to afford the solar panels, wind turbines, and dew collectors?
Nah, he's gone Off the Grid already, lol.

I think we're going to go the retail shop route. I don't want to jepordize Renato's tiny house by adding a store, lol.
But he did craft a bunch of woodworked stuff with the believe he could sell them at the Flea Market, so maybe a one-day home store?
It's hard to know what to prioritize...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2024, 03:27:32 PM »

Renato wanted to be Otg for the lower bills, but it'll be too hard to find "Functional Off the Grid" appliances.
Or does he need to earn more to afford the solar panels, wind turbines, and dew collectors?
Nah, he's gone Off the Grid already, lol.

I think we're going to go the retail shop route. I don't want to jepordize Renato's tiny house by adding a store, lol.
But he did craft a bunch of woodworked stuff with the believe he could sell them at the Flea Market, so maybe a one-day home store?
It's hard to know what to prioritize...
Prioritizing needs is my biggest issue. Meeting immediate needs but wanting to improve! Argh! It's great  :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2024, 12:05:46 AM »
How funny that Jeb wanted to come and stay when Renato has nothing - same thing happened to the founder in my current game - Leo, when he lived at the homeless shelter and Dustin wanted to come stay.

§3000 from dumpster diving and scout trophies! Not a bad haul! But, can't use a toilet until he can find or make one! That's a rough requirement for sure!
I did like his pre-accident hair better, but Renato's still a looker bald or with short hair. Not sure if Morgan's in for the long haul, but they would make pretty babies!

Great start, Watcher. A little rough on Renato, but a great read for the rest of us!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2024, 12:59:36 AM »
Renato knew better than to allow Jeb to stay over.
In my Not So Berry challenge, Kiyoshi Ito wanted to stay over with Prince, then he constantly complained about not having fun for most of his stayover, lol!

Constantly dumpster diving without access to a sink (for washing hands to raise hygiene) or toilet at first was really rough!
Renato was basically Very Embarrassed most of the time from wetting himself.
He really needs to find a counter--I'm not letting him use the More Woodworks mod to craft one until he finds a useable one in the dumpster first.
Because his Watcher's a...masochist?

I, too, prefer his pre-accident hair but it would be odd if his head injury was so severe that he lost his memories yet retained all his hair.
So I decided that Renato could gradually grow his hair until he could wear it long again. *winks
Renato and Morgan do make a great-looking couple, but Renato still has two weeks until becoming a YA, so Watcher has her eyes peeled for a better genetic match.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2024, 01:23:02 AM »
Dawn also needs a counter - 2 if possible as the only sink she's found is an inset one!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.2: Bad Boy, Whatchu Gonna Do? (2 May 24)
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2024, 12:21:50 AM »
1.2: Bad Boy, Whatchu Gonna Do?

Sunday, Week 2, Year 1 (mid spring)
Renato: Hey there, I'm back! I'm preparing for today's Flea Market by crafting a few more things.
My hair? Yeah, it's slowly getting longer!
I can't wait until it's long enough to tie back again!

So I made a Get Stuff Done (GSD) list of my goals for this week.
Some of the goals are very doable while others are more ambitious.
But having priorities will help me focus, especially since GeekCon is in nine days!

Do you like bad boys? Because, this afternoon, I was a very bad boy.
I skipped the scout meeting to run a yard sale and my Responsibility fell out of range.
At the Flea Market, I buy a couch but don't  see a standing lamp I like.
On impulse, I bought all these snow globes which are 2 short of a complete collection.
Not one of my brightest ideas, lol!

From there, I play on the swing set at Desert Bloom Park and earn the Keep Fit badge.
After grabbing the badge, I quit Scouts for good.
That's one less item on my GSD list.

Monday
Everyone says Morgan and I make an attractive couple but I'm not sure she's The One, y'know?
One, she belongs to the Renegades, a club that lives to cause mischief and mayhem.
Two, why would a top student like me settle down with someone who NEVER does homework?

One of my favorite things about actively attending Copperdale High School is its Inspired Studio.
I want to use the Digitalistic Sketchpads there to work on Painter Extraordinaire.
Darrell phones me twice today. He always calls once or twice a day. If only I could block his calls!
Did someone tell him my Watcher's been talking smack about him?

After some unsuccessful dumpster diving, I return to the Sprucewood Maker Space.
First, I recycle every single burnt item I've found in dumpsters so far.
Then, I try fabricating my first item, a bookcase.
My first attempt failed miserably but I succeeded on my second attempt. Sweet!

Tuesday
After school, I stay at the high school to continue using the Digitalistic Sketchpad.
It takes me until 7 pm to finally complete Painter Extraordinaire.
Time to leave for the Magical Realm!

At Casters Alley, I'm hoping to buy magical tomes that match my rank (Apprentice)..
They're fastest to read among all the book genres.
The only book at Apprentice rank is Scruberoo, so I buy it.
Oops, I nearly buy a broom! I guess I'll need to Duel for ArTifacts if I want a broom or wand.

Simeon Silversweater strongly resists getting friendly enough to teach me anything.
Do you think he resents me because I'm his Marketplace rival?
Eh, I don't have time for this!
I add him to Social Bunny and spam him with messages until we're friends. Sheesh!

Wednesday
Since the bookcase I fabricated Monday came with books, I can now read at the Library.
It only offers skill books for Levels 1-4, so I read Gardening Vol. 1.
Meanwhile, Morgan plays video games. Does she have ANY plans for her future?

I finish my homework then return to Port Promise for some dumpster diving.
Just when I'm about to curse my bad luck, I find a stove!
Once I repair it, I'll have a functional stove.
Now to find that kitchen counter!

Thursday
If I'm going to run a home store for one or two days, I'll need cash for crafting enough inventory items.
That's why I decide to sell off all the Small Paintings I crafted for Painter Extraordinaire.
Yep, all Small Paintings because Watcher always says it's easier to get Small masterpieces than Large ones.
Anyway, I earn a total of slightly over §113k, with 10 Small Paintings left unsold.

Morgan and I aren't going to work out. Our life goals aren't a good match.
When I visit her home this evening, she's feeling Very Sad due a death in her family.
But I go ahead and ask Morgan to be just friends. (I'd never asked her to be my girlfriend.)
We're still best friends, but I also uninvite her to Prom.

Friday
I've spent hours around this Strawberry Bush in Willow Creek but it's never harvestable.
This morning, I plop myself down beside it at 4 am and wait until it's harvestable at 5 am.

Today, I have to actively attend school because I didn't finish my extra credit before 8 am.
During the exam, one question really threw me and I answered it incorrectly.
Checking my class-related skills, I note my Charisma, Logic, and Painting are L10 but my Writing is only L2.
Is that why my Exam Results don't say I'm on the way to graduating with honors?
Or  because I haven't been doing extra credit every day? I need to pay better attention to my school work!

Tonight's the Spice Festival. It's a good opportunity to harvest more plants to grow.
Too bad the Basil's out of season!
Yeah, I'm attending alone. I've gotten over my crush on Morgan Fyres.
 I asked her to be just friends yesterday. Our life goals aren't a good match.

While attempting the Spice Contest, I meet Phoebe Ramos.
I'm a Freegan and she's a Green Fiend, so we share a lot in common.
After chatting with her most of the evening, I take a chance and ask her to Prom, not as friends either.
We're on! 

Saturday
This morning, I go on a bit of a spending spree.
I enlarge the house and buy 2 rooftop solar panels, 2 wind turbines, a dew collector, and a recycler.
I create a better garden area with fencing and roof plus I buy Patchy to ask for more seeds.
My house has no wall or floor coverings, though. I'm waiting to see how much I spend on crafting today.

I invite Phoebe to spend the time before Prom at the Sprucewood Maker Space.
While I'm dumpster diving, she plants the seeds left in planters by other townies.
When I start crafting woodworks, she joins me at the adjacent woodworking table.

Phoebe's Prom dress seems to be in the Cottagecore style.
It's not trendy like the other students' fits, but it becomes her.
I didn't think my single vote would be enough for her to become Prom Royalty.
Other students must've voted for her, too.

Phoebe looks a bit too serious, but our Photo Booth phoograh turns out great!
Watcher says she's never seen this Photo Booth pose before.
I'm pretty certain that The-Powers-That-Be have been saving this post just for me!
These days, I really appreciate having hair, even though it's still short.

I decline an After-Prom Party invite to head back to Sprucewood Maker Space.
Bella Goth shows the Recycling Guru title over her head.
I click on every sim at the venue, seeking a Master Maker, but find none (as always).
But both Catarina Lynx and Mortimer Goth can mentor Fabrication, which is all I need!

Molly Prescott has been hanging around Phoebe a lot tonight.
Not me feeling somewhat jealous and possessive over Phoebe, who I only met yesterday.
Still, maybe I need to consider formalizing our relationship.
Is it too early to give her a Residence Key?

Let's revisit the Get Stuff Done list I shared with you on Sunday.
This past week, I reached all my goals except:
*Marriage requirements: Still need a counter
*Skills: I maxed Handiness & Painting, but not Fabrication and Gardening
*Nerd Brain: Waiting until GeekCon next Tuesday to do 5 space missions
*At-home shop: Postponed until I have more stuff to sell

Gallery Downloads
*"Ecolifestyle Pheobe" (sic) by becanne99: Phoebe Paulson comes as a YA.
   Cheerful, Green Fiend, Perfectionist. Renamed her Phoebe Ramos.
   Age: Aged her down to Teen, removing the Cheerful trait.
   Aspiration: Eco Innovator --> Freelance Botanist

Progress: End of Week 1
Residence: Shipping Views, Port Promise (Evergreen Harbor)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Bad Boy, Whatchu Gonna Do?: This title's from the 1989 reggae song "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle.
*Dumpster diving: Renato really, really wants to find a counter so he can start cooking.
  So far, he's found 3 functional sinks and 4 kitchen cabinets, but only 2 burnt counters and 1 burnt island.
  Renato's YA birthday is a week from now, He's hoping to find at least one counter in the coming week.
*Retail shop: Renato now has enough inventory to open his at-home store.  Perhaps on Sunday.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Costa Mishmash Legacy 1.2: Bad Boy, Whatchu Gonna Do? (2 May 24)
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2024, 02:02:35 AM »
Renato has achieved so much! And he's stayed in high school although I guess he's planning to get a job which Dawn isn't. I'm in awe, Watcher!

Those elusive counters. Argh!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2024, 11:08:42 AM »
Renato has achieved so much! And he's stayed in high school although I guess he's planning to get a job which Dawn isn't. I'm in awe, Watcher!

Those elusive counters. Argh!

Graduating with Honors really has nothing to do with joining a career later.  I just wanted to make Renato's life a little harder.
To be honest, I prefer Renato staying in school through his teen life than doing laundry. LOL!
But yes, Renato is shooting for that Smog Vacuum so he can repair and sell all the burnt stuff he gets dumpster diving.
Although so far, recycling all the burnt stuff has been a crucial source of bits and pieces...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2024, 11:50:07 PM »
Thank you for sharing the "Get Stuff Done" list - it's easier to read than the spoiler type.
Morgan's nice but Phoebe is a more attractive, better suited match for Renato. Great find!
I've never seen that photo booth pose either. I wonder if it's new or if it's just been elusive.
So I take it "place one on your lot" means a usable one - not a burnt, not usable, but still a counter one . . .
Tough requirement, but surely he'll find one.

anything