Author Topic: Mortimer Goth (teen) disappeared for YA and showed up at my wedding!  (Read 4296 times)

fogmomjazz

I had the Gold Digger LTW and married Gunther. I kept Camila, Tomika and Mortimer in the household after the wedding. One night, Morty was going to the spa to get a nice treatment, when he was arrested. Camila went to the yard to wait for him, but he never showed.

Then (approx 47+ days later) He showed up in the middle of my town, during my wedding to Thornton Wolff and immediately aged up to YA, then A. Camila and Tomika were writers, and had written half a dozen books about his disappearance, and then VOILA! He came back...

Do you think this was a planned glitch? Or was it accidental. I was thinking about his storyline in TS2 about alien abduction, and how that might have been written into the game. I kept an eye on Bella Bachelor to see if he was with her, but no dice.

Has anyone else had any funny things happen to their characters?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
Re: Mortimer Goth (teen) disappeared for YA and showed up at my wedding!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
Haha! No, I don't think it would have been planned, but it is hilarious! :D

I've had sims disappear from town and then come back older, but they were not in my household and I just assumed there was some glitch that meant I couldn't contact him  ???
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
Hmm, this looks like it could be one nasty glitch. No, I don't think it was planned. Though still curious why it did happen.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

norsky

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »
That must've been a glitch.

If you ever happen to have the glitch again, try this:

In the control box (ctrl+shift+c) type in:

testingcheatsenabled true

Then open the control box again, and type:

resetSim (sim's first name and last name)

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:44:56 PM »
I had an original townie Sim disappear in my Dynasty game. He came back as an invisible YA/A (not sure) 4 generations later, got married and fathered a son (whom I than married into my family), and turned into a vampire. He's still an empty vampire picture in his son's relationship panel and he doesn't actually exist in town (I can't click on his picture to call him or invite him over, he also doesn't show up in the party guest lists). It's really weird but not causing any problems that I'm aware of.

I haven't tried resetting the guy as I like to just leave well enough alone.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Hmm, this looks like it could be one nasty glitch. No, I don't think it was planned. Though still curious why it did happen.

Wow, Chronic!  Did you really just resurrect a six month old dead thread for that?  Please try not to bring back a dead topic unless you have something terribly important to add to it.

I had an original townie Sim disappear in my Dynasty game. He came back as an invisible YA/A (not sure) 4 generations later, got married and fathered a son (whom I than married into my family), and turned into a vampire. He's still an empty vampire picture in his son's relationship panel and he doesn't actually exist in town (I can't click on his picture to call him or invite him over, he also doesn't show up in the party guest lists). It's really weird but not causing any problems that I'm aware of.

I haven't tried resetting the guy as I like to just leave well enough alone.

I think what you're describing is different from what this topic was originally about.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:16 AM »
Whoops. I missed the dates of the first two posts. Sorry! :-[
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.