Author Topic: Collector's Box  (Read 5233 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Collector's Box
« on: March 25, 2024, 06:51:07 AM »
Collector's Box

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mission incoming. Fill this box with the most valuable collectibles before time runs out. Will you and your partner beat the competition?

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 2 Young Adult Sims (all life states allowed).
  • No adding to the household.
  • Move into any empty lot. No moving allowed afterward.
  • Create a stand-alone room (no connections to any other rooms) of 10x10 tiles.
  • The room cannot be decorated with wallpaper or floor tiles and can't have doors or windows.
  • No furniture can be placed inside the room, on the outside of the walls, or on top of the room.
  • Bracket resizing and/or alt+drag is banned.
  • Fill the room with unique collectibles. (Click on the household collections button in your Sims' inventory to see which items count as collectibles)
  • This challenge ends on Week 1, Day 6 (Friday), 8 a.m.

Scoring

Collector's Box Value -- Sell the 10x10 room, and mark down the simoleons gained.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Collector's Box Value
Rebelangel§113414
LenaLJ§98996
Elinoee§81596
sdhoey§75328
sone§66313
kinseyam§44574
Metropolis Man§39482
Deklitch§13648
jewels129§12638
Eighty8Keys§12448
junegem§6190

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
Re: Collector's Box <Challenge Starts Soon>
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 12:12:20 PM »
This is an original collecting challenge!

I was wondering if the walls of the room have to be a particular height or if we are free to choose.
Something else: what do you mean by "unique" collectibles? Is it forbidden to have two identical collectibles in the room?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 12:22:02 PM »
This is an original collecting challenge!

I was wondering if the walls of the room have to be a particular height or if we are free to choose.
Something else: what do you mean by "unique" collectibles? Is it forbidden to have two identical collectibles in the room?

The wall height is up to you. (I have checked that the room value does not change with the height)

That is exactly what i mean with unique collectible. Only max one of each.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 12:45:45 PM »
OK, thank you @LenaLJ   :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 04:40:34 AM »
Would I be correct in thinking that "bracket resizing" and alt+drag are both some kind of cheat that involves the [ and ] and/or the alt keys and opening up a cheats panel? And that if I just put down a 10 x 10 room, I have no chance of accidentally 'bracket resizing' or alt+dragging anything to do with the room?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 05:06:17 AM »
Would I be correct in thinking that "bracket resizing" and alt+drag are both some kind of cheat that involves the [ and ] and/or the alt keys and opening up a cheats panel? And that if I just put down a 10 x 10 room, I have no chance of accidentally 'bracket resizing' or alt+dragging anything to do with the room?

Neither involves a cheat panel, but are used in buildmode to help builders make better looking houses.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 07:29:43 PM »
*southern accent* Well, bless my bonnet, I will be grabbing some sweet tea, gloves, and an umbrella, and going collection huntin' on Monday. *bats eyelashes*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 08:02:43 PM »
*southern accent* Well, bless my bonnet, I will be grabbing some sweet tea, gloves, and an umbrella, and going collection huntin' on Monday. *bats eyelashes*

*eyes glaze over* ;)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 08:10:17 PM »

*eyes glaze over* ;)
 ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 08:16:43 PM »
Okay, collectors, get your ducks in a row and ask any final questions you may have. This short event starts on Monday. Good luck.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2024, 06:13:39 PM »
So given its 8:12am on 1st of April here, does that mean I can start now, or do I have to wait until <Challenge Starts Soon> changes?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2024, 07:27:59 PM »
So given its 8:12am on 1st of April here, does that mean I can start now, or do I have to wait until <Challenge Starts Soon> changes?

You've got the green light. I'll change the <Challenge Starts Soon> to <Live Challenge> tomorrow when I wake up.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2024, 07:34:24 PM »
thanks

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Collector's Box <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2024, 10:47:21 AM »
Hi All, hope you are all well.  Barry Rodgers finished collecting , his total was 6190. Not too bad, but I am sure others will do much better. It didn't help that his wife overheated running around looking for things. Good luck everyone, looking forward to seeing everyone's results.