Author Topic: Sims are bad, bad parents! Some experiments.....  (Read 28044 times)

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
Re: Sims are bad, bad parents! Some experiments.....
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:42 PM »
In mine, once there is any sign of alarm, all of my dynasty house rushes over to comfort the baby. None of them are family oriented.

pologolf

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:17 AM »
The best performers have been babysitters. Total attention.

The worst cases have been athletic parents with a skill rating of 10 who would train each other almost to starvation and total sleep deprivation totally ignoring the child.

The experiment above with the nemeses eventually failed as well. They just kept dropping to the ground and eventually the child was taken.

Don't get me wrong, it broke my heart when the first couple of kids were taken. Very interesting experiments for me, though. Having Sims free run gets me to see things I wouldn't normally see, like one neat sim cleaning the toilet in Central Park while the baby was being fussed over by the townspeople. Another time, Grady Elfman changed the baby's diaper while on the lot.

In one I just ran, the parents ended up hating each other after three days,which was surprising as they were really in love. Baby was taken.....

One thing I would like to know is how can a parent who has lost his child, then had his wife woohoo in front of him with another and then break up with him still have a mood meter that says, "elated"?

I am now running an experiment with two ghosts and two former spouses. One of them is about to adopt......................

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
The best performers have been babysitters. Total attention.

Really?
I want the babysitters from your games!
Mine always let the babies needs get really low.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
In my games, the parents never let the poor baby sleep. I have them relax while baby is sleeping. One got to the bed first, got bored in 10 sim minutes, got up, and cuddled the baby.

Now I'm wondering why they don't teach them skills under free will like in TS2. The sims would always teach the toddlers skills instead of taking care of it.

Priyansh

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:52 AM »
In my games, the parents never let the poor baby sleep. I have them relax while baby is sleeping. One got to the bed first, got bored in 10 sim minutes, got up, and cuddled the baby.

Now I'm wondering why they don't teach them skills under free will like in TS2. The sims would always teach the toddlers skills instead of taking care of it.

You are right. I have seen many times that when a baby is hungry, they just snuggle him or leave him outside the house, even in the dark stony basement. They sometimes feed him, but then they leave him in the crib to sleep. After an hour or so, they come back again and wake the baby up just to snuggle him and put him on the floor.

pologolf

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
We have a winner!

I created a Sim with the "dislikes children", "loner", "neat", "neurotic" and something else I can't remember...........then I gave him FOUR evil and grumpy toddlers as children and put them in a one bedroom shack. Thought it would last a day.

What a champ! He was miserable and when I let him out of the house at night to go to the park alone, he would just sit on the swings and cry. BUT! He never neglected a child. He would take an awful lot of baths to get alone even when he wasn't dirty. He earned stacks of happiness points just by cleaning things and bathing.

He has so far lasted 8 weeks and two days with NO threats from the social police.............. You should have seen him! He would half way prepare a horrible meal when he was nearly starving, stop, look after all the kids, cry a lot, eat surrounded by muck and have a long sleep. After a couple of weeks, he got smart and started to go to bed when he wasn't completely tired. He peed himself several times looking after those kids! But scrubbing the bath and sinks gave him enough points for a steel bladder and then he was on the up! Love this Sim!

If he makes it to 9 weeks, I'm putting him in a beautiful home in Summerhill Court and getting him a maid!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 12:07:36 PM »
If he makes it to 9 weeks, I'm putting him in a beautiful home in Summerhill Court and getting him a maid!

I definitely think this character deserves a reward, after all he's gone through!  Poor guy.  Nice test, pologolf.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

pologolf

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
HE MADE 10 WEEKS!

"My Little Champ", I call him  :D

A few "motherlode" cheats, a beautiful house and all the kids are about to go to school.

Question: What traits shall I give to his soon to be CASed wife??

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
Very interesting stuff, pologolf. I think your little experiment just goes to show any Sims 3 player, that you can make almost any god-awful combination of traits work for a myriad of things — not just parenting. I did a little experiment for a short Guide article on how to throw successful parties with the funny slant being the guy was basically a Frankenstein's monster — mean-spirited, Evil, Loner, etc. The last person in the world that should be throwing parties. Didn't matter. Bottom line? Sims are always under your control and you can pretty much tell them to do anything, no matter their traits.

Good job on your research.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:52 PM »
HE MADE 10 WEEKS!

"My Little Champ", I call him  :D

A few "motherlode" cheats, a beautiful house and all the kids are about to go to school.

Question: What traits shall I give to his soon to be CASed wife??

Just for fun why not make her almost the exact opposite.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

WillParkinson

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 11:48:01 AM »
I hate to say this...

That's hilarious.  I laughed when I read about the parents treatment of the children.  You're definitely correct about them being awful parents.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 03:10:36 PM »
Haha! That's so ironic, but interesting as Metro said! :D I may just have to try this!
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

pologolf

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »
My Little Champ is now married - I made him do all of the flirting and proposing and all the kids have left the house. The former bedrooms are where he goes to play his guitar but he seems to prefer to be with the wife watching TV.

In my latest experiment, I have a ghost married to an invented Simbot, A Sim now a fiance to a same-sex ghost invented Simbot and a new baby in the house. I couldn't think of a weirder combination....if you can, I'll try it.

Will let you know how it runs........................

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 10:42:48 PM »
Throw a vampire into the mix! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

pologolf

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
.....don't have Nightlife.................

anything