Author Topic: Sims are bad, bad parents! Some experiments.....  (Read 28046 times)

pologolf

Sims are bad, bad parents! Some experiments.....
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
Decided to have a little experiment as you all probably have.

This is from an epic game.

My couple were desperate for their first child. It was in their promised wishes, "Have first baby" and "Have baby with partner". Both parents had read both the baby preparing books and had the family orientated traits and were maxed out in nearly all skills.

All the time the baby icon was appearing over their head. So I gave them one.

Then I let them "free run" to see how long it would last. Both parents had the dirt defiant, hardly hungry and steel bladder rewards.

I gave them a crib close to their bedroom. They had the best of everything. Neither was working.

The first baby was taken away by the social worker in 4 days. At one stage, it was left for 12 hours without attention.

Parents would be far too busy flirting with each other, working out or watching TV.

So, I tried another experiment.

Took away the TV. Took away all workout equipment.

Baby lasted 5 days. This was with sending parents out every second day with the baby to avoid the stir crazy moodlet. It got better care from strangers in the park and the babysitter.

Next experiment.

Took away all books and any entertainment from the house.

Helped the parents by sliding their energy levels so they would sleep at different times. Baby got ignored by parents for 10 hours. At one stage, with the baby on the floor, I clicked on the father to go to the bathroom where the kid was starving, filthy and isolated. He just walked over it to go back and flirt with the mother.

Next experiment. I broke the couple up. Made them enemies.

This worked a little better. Baby lasted 6 days. Parents would not talk with each other.

Last experiment. Put the baby in the same room as the parents. This was worst case scenario. Baby gone in three days. Parents were too stressed out to be allowed to sleep.

Interesting experiment........

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Sims are bad, bad parents! Some experiments.....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:23:51 AM »
Wow, I knew that if you just left them on free will they would be pretty avoidant of the baby, but not that much!

I find that my babysitters don't seem to care for the baby. I had the message about the social worker coming to take my baby while the parents were at work/dinner because the babysitter neglected the baby so much.
Now when I hire a babysitter, I lock them in the room with the babies. They still don't do a great job, but at least the babies aren't getting taken away!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »
You can't hope the sims will take care of the baby autonomously, because they will treat every baby as if it wasn't theirs.

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:30:29 AM »
Hmm I think it has to do with their traits? In my first dynasty when I had triplets, the parents and grandpa kept trying to do stuff with the babies they ended up jamming the baby room and everyone had the (can't get there!) thought bubble.

By the way I don't think this is the right place to post this thread?

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
Yeah my sims are always trying to get to the baby instead of doing the stuff I want them to do. The baby is just trying to enjoy a nap and they are bothering the poor thing. I am interested to know what traits the parents had. I bet with certain traits, even if they have the family oriented one, that they will neglect the baby unless told to do otherwise. Interesting study.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

pologolf

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
Oh, well, if it's not the right place to post it....................?? ???

New experiment.

The baby's room was now at the centre of a very small house. Neither parent could move from one room to ANY another without bypassing it.

RESULT: 6 days until the social worker came!

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 12:48:02 PM »
Oh, well, if it's not the right place to post it....................?? ???

New experiment.

The baby's room was now at the centre of a very small house. Neither parent could move from one room to ANY another without bypassing it.

RESULT: 6 days until the social worker came!

LOL WOW! That is sad.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
Interesting experiment. I know I hover over the controls when my parents have babies just so I can make them look after it.  I have never tried not interfering (I don't know if I can  ;D).  I think you might do better if there were teens in the house. I always found teens wonderful in looking after their baby siblings.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »
RJ is right about this thread being in the wrong place.  It's not a real story.  I'm moving it to the General Discussion board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
That is weird that the parents do that.  Most of my parents, as soon as the baby gets any moodlet, dirt diaper, hungry or social, one or both of the parents are right there.  I had one parent fishing and I  kept watching the babies icon and went yellow, I looked at the top left corner and saw the parents picture and they were taking care of the baby with no help from me.  I guess some games or parents are like that, strange little game, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 08:15:10 AM »
In most games that I have played the parents will go and take care of the children without being prompted. Were the children in your experiment born in game to the parents or made in CAS. I am wondering if the parents are more likely to take care of a child that is biologically theirs.

I don't think I could have lasted even an hour without intervening if my Sims were neglecting their child.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 08:21:40 AM »
In almost all my games, my families have the family orientated trait (I love raising a houseful of kids!).
However, they usually avoid a baby with lows needs. So I don't think it's trait related.
I'm always having to send them to the babies.

But the teenagers are really good at looking after their little siblings.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »
That's really weird.  I never have any trouble with babies in the house.  I pretty much never have to do anything for them because the parents will take care of them without my interference.  The only thing I usually have to tell them to do is teach the toddlers their skills.  But other than that, they're always running towards the crib any time the baby has the tiniest problem.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
Actually, I think my problem may be that my parents always have a long string of actions lined up. They probably don't have the chance to run over to them.

However, the babysitters are a different story.

pologolf

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
FINALLY, I found a combination that worked!

Made  the biological parents break up and moved in two evil, hot headed CASes. Put them in a one bedroom house with NO entertainment or shower. They were filthy, constantly hitting the floor through exhaustion and arguing with each other but the baby has gone two weeks and everyone is looking after it!

I think I'll try a teen next.

anything