Author Topic: [BUG] Mailbox Glitch / Unable to interact with mailbox  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
[BUG] Mailbox Glitch / Unable to interact with mailbox
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:27:44 AM »
After a Sim in another household died (while playing that household and she was the only Sim in it) on one of my main households' lots, my mailbox got glitched and only shows the "Get Mail" interaction and nothing else. How do I fix it?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Mailbox Glitch
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:30:56 AM »
After a Sim in another household died (while playing that household and she was the only Sim in it) on one of my main households' lots, my mailbox got glitched and only shows the "Get Mail" interaction and nothing else. How do I fix it?

@Technomage
I'm also experiencing this in my game. It started immediately after I updated The Sims 4 to the latest patch then reloaded my game.
Before updating, my mailbox worked fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 08:32:52 AM »

@Technomage
I'm also experiencing this in my game. It started immediately after I updated The Sims 4 to the latest patch then reloaded my game.
Before updating, my mailbox worked fine.

Ah, so it wasn't because I killed a Sim?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 08:55:47 AM »
It seems like this is a known game glitch.

[OPEN] Unable to interact with mailbox
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-interact-with-mailbox/td-p/13519718

If you'd like you can log in with your EA Account and press the Me Too button at the bottom of the first post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
Re: [BUG] Mailbox Glitch / Unable to interact with mailbox
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 09:28:18 AM »
So no fix for the glitch yet?  What happens if I get a lot of Neighborhood Story updates?  Will it still cause glitch where I can't save?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 09:38:31 AM »
So no fix for the glitch yet?  What happens if I get a lot of Neighborhood Story updates?  Will it still cause glitch where I can't save?

This is not a solution or workaround, but I read in that EA Answer thread that the mailbox glitch affects spellcasters.
My active household has six sims, but only two of them aren't spellcasters.
So I tried clicking the mailbox with my non-spellcaster YA and got a Last Exception. LOL!
But then I tried clicking the mailbox with my non-spellcaster toddler and saw two options:
*Show Bill Information
*Check Recent Neighborhood Stories

Are your sims also spellcasters by any chance?

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 09:43:28 AM »

This is not a solution or workaround, but I read in that EA Answer thread that the mailbox glitch affects spellcasters.
My active household has six sims, but only two of them aren't spellcasters.
So I tried clicking the mailbox with my non-spellcaster YA and got a Last Exception. LOL!
But then I tried clicking the mailbox with my non-spellcaster toddler and saw two options:
*Show Bill Information
*Check Recent Neighborhood Stories

Are your sims also spellcasters by any chance?

No, not at all.  They are, however, all vampires; does the glitch work on vamps, too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Technomage

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 10:27:47 AM »
And now, I'm getting this with normal Sims, too.

Update:  Turns out the mailbox works just fine with normal Child Sims.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 05:18:59 PM »
No fix or work around that I see. I don't know if it will cause a saving glitch or not.

Edited to Add: Later in evening...

It looks like they've offered a possible fix in the most recent game update.

Game Update - 2/28/2024 PC: 1.105.332.1020 / Mac: 1.105.332.1220 Console: 1.88
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=33073.msg524517#msg524517
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *