Author Topic: Death Follows You, Watcher!  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Death Follows You, Watcher! <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 05:51:53 PM »
My sim (whose randomly selected last name happened to be Roach) was a fairly prolific disciple for Grim.

Total deaths: 114
Unique worlds: 16
Unique types of deaths: 19

Score: 114 * (1 + . 32 + .38) = 193.8

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2024, 06:46:29 PM »
Alyssa Livingston had a very busy work week, with 32 total deaths. There were 14 unique death types across 15 worlds, for a Grim Total of 50.6.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 09:41:09 PM »
Death Toll = 11

WUD (5 different worlds and 2 different types of deaths) = 1.00 + .10 + .04 = 1.14

Grim Total = 11 X 1.14 = 12.5

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Death Follows You, Watcher!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 06:06:35 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Thanks to all the participants. Great job to @Rebelangel on her second win of this season. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 09:40:39 AM »
I started off by researching all the different death types, as I rarely kill sims in my regular gameplay. As the question I posed earlier in the thread indicated, I noticed while play testing that Grim took his sweet time if multiple sims died simultaneously (he was always checking his phone!), so I built a strategy around trying to kill sims without bringing Grim. There were two methods that accomplished this – if a sims drinks beetle juice three times in a row, they are automatically turned into a ghost with the “Death by Beetles trait.” Likewise, if a sim wishes for “Youthful Vigor” at the wishing well, is extremely unsuccessful, they will be turned into a playable ghost with a random death type. I saw somewhere that this is triggered 80% of the time when the well is the “death” mood, which can be brought about by giving repeated stingy $100 contributions.

Part 1:
Since beetle juice requires a sim with level 10 mixology and a beetle nugget, the first thing I did was plop down 50-70 insect farms on an empty lot in Newcrest. Alex Roach then moved in the Scott family (which includes Sarah, who has level 10 mixology), and the Charm family. All active members of the household (except Alex, Sarah, and Darrel – who learned copypasto), tried to die in different ways. Simultaneously, 10 sims who were invited via clubs, were drowned in a swimming pool, while Alex learned the pufferfish nigiri recipe and served low quality versions to whoever else she could invite onto the lot.

After 24 hours, the beetles were ready to harvest, and Sarah brewed a bunch of beetle juice (which Darrel used copypasto to create an unlimited supply).

In total, 29 sims died in this part. Active household members triggered death from electrocution (robotics station), fire (fireplace), freezing (season was Fall and temperature dropped), murphy bed, overexertion actives (woohoo), spellcaster overload, rage (failed wish for a promotion at the wishing well), steam (sauna), sunlight (Lilith), and vending machine. The rest of the deaths came from drowning or pufferfish nigiri. Sarah Scott was turned into a playable ghost via wishing well, and occasionally rejoined the household in part 2.

Part 2:
Alex and Darrell moved into households in different world, and gave the members 3 beetle juices to drink. When the supply ran out, Darrell would use copypasto to make more. Occasionally, sims would also wish for "Youthful Vigor" at a wishing well to get other death types, (which I clarified with the challenge team). 85 sims died in total through this method, and deaths took place in every world I could access, except Sixam. The wishing well also helped knock out the other emotional deaths, cowplant, lightening, starvation, and Alice Martin died via overheating (winter clothes + warm up at a fireplace).

Stray Thoughts:
The chicken death was impossible to trigger – Malcolm bullied a chicken for 24 hrs+, and despite getting attacked multiple times, never died

The vending machine was also hard to trigger. Minverva even got the injured moodlet, but still survived the vending machine getting stuck; in contrast, Rohan Elderberry got much unluckier with the murphy bed and died within a few sim hours.

Apparently, vampires can’t die through emotional deaths nor of thirst, which was learned the hard way with Caleb Vatore (who also has sunlight immunity?)

Probably unnecessary from a gameplay standpoint, but all sims were aged up to adults before dying

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 02:31:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing your strategy Rebelangel. That's a LOT of sim deaths.

I did terribly at this challenge by setting a fire in a large building where I'd accidentally added a doorless wall which blocked off the fire brigade. I had to wait around a day for it to burn itself out so I could direct Sims to do other things than gasp about the fire. Such a silly mistake and wasted a big proportion of murdering time.

Otherwise I was just unlucky. Had Ekram Elderberry hysterical for six hours and he was happily telling jokes and not dying. Actually failed at woohooing him to death too although that worked for Eleanor. He eventually died from fire caused while I was trying to get Gemma Charm to die from spellcaster overload (never failed at this before but she kept just frying, passing out, and getting back up). Don't know how long enraged takes to cause cardiac explosion but Katrina Caliente seemed to last a long time with that too. Had an entire club making snowpals in swimwear and they were all fine as well. Last year's murder challenge I sent Sims to swim in freezing weather and they'd pop off so quickly but they seem to know what I'm trying. Baako Jang (another failed hysterical death) just gained two fitness points while smiling at my failure. Despite all this I still managed to have a great time with this challenge.

Didn't consider beetle juice and youthful vigor wish failures as death types because the sim changes into a ghost but doesn't actually die (the game doesn't register it as a death). Didn't know that the sim would get the moodlet without dying so have learned that.

Can't wait to hear more people's favourite sim death types and methods.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 05:23:37 PM »
Well, unsurprisingly my strategy didn't work.

My sim found a household with elderly sims (not Aggie and her sister btw), it was a household in that green world because I read that elder sims could die from over exertion. One of the sims was cooking. That was the sim my sim decided to whisper sweet nothings into her ear. That sim didn't appreciate being whispered sweet nothings by a young whipper snapper, and she slapped him around for a bit and walked off, not finishing her cooking. So I decided he should make it up to her by completing her meal.

The oven caught alight, he caught alight, the old sim ran off before returning and pointing at my sim, and through the screen at me. He died and I sighed.
+-+-+-+-+
In my practice file, my sim decided he'd get himself a kid through science ... he got two for the price of one, which basically meant I was stuck.
+-+-+-+-+
After the scoring file, I decided to set up a big dreams file. I started it, and they burnt down their 'house' on the second day. Here I come sims 3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2024, 03:42:40 AM »
First of sorry for my messy thoughts below, but I cant gather my thoughts to write this in a structured manner today.
it was a super fun, and very different challenge to attempt, and I really enjoyed to reseach some of the deathtypes.

Before starting my scoring file it tried out a few of the multiple kill events. Getting a whole room hysterical, bad pufferfish dishes, big drowning events. But none of those really worked out for me. (Even bad cooks cooked okay pufferfish nigiri :( )

In the end my go to for the biggest amount of deaths where fire. Inviting over a few clubs of sims at the time, locking them all in one room, and lighthing fireworks indoors where a sure way of buffing up the deathcount.
The other death types i tried to on the side while setting up sims for my "fireparties". Like overextoriton for Eleanore Elderberry was worked on while the room gathered for the fireparty. Or setting up a sim for starving before a fireparty started, so while we waited on death to collect the body the sim would just stay locked up untill he died of starvation.

Other than that i tried to move to a new world after each death, unless i had other deaths lined up on the lot.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2024, 01:21:29 PM »
Great reading about all these delicious death strategies. Congrats to @Rebelangel on a wonderful score.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 09:38:07 AM »
Congratulations @Rebelangel ! What a great strategy with the beetle juice, so efficient!

For me it was the puffer fish that killed most of the sims (38 deaths) but I have to say that cooking bad puffer fish was hard! I finally managed it but my sim had to be in an uncomfortable mood which was not so easy (he was always very sad because of the previous deaths, and the sad mood doesn't work for cooking bad puffer fish, even with level 0 cooking and the worse oven). Finally he cooked many big plates of bad puffer fish while being uncomfortable, I was so happy!
Then he threw some dinner parties, always in a different world, going to the dinner parties with always a big plate of puffer fish. Such terrible dinner parties, with always 3 to 7 sims deaths...

I also killed 8 sims with fire (2 times, 4 sims locked in a room, the fire was caused by a spellcaster) but not so easy because of the firefighters (their water crosses the walls!); 3 sims with mold (that was quite horrible and a bit dangerous for my original sim); 1 sim with a chicken (so ridiculous, I had to laugh!), 1 by drowning (I waited until he was very tired and then sent him to swim and locked the pool), 1 by steam in the sauna (but it was very long), and an elder sim by overexertion.

Didn't manage to kill a spellcaster with spellcaster overload, that was a bit disappointing because it happened to me so many times on other files, while trying to playtest the different curses!
The wishing well didn't help me, I hoped that some sims could die from hysteria or embarrassment thanks to it, but it didn't work.
Didn't manage to kill someone with the murphy bed neither, although I tried very hard!
Also tried to burn Vladislaus with sunlight but it was impossible, as if he had became immune to sunlight! He kept being outside under the sun without even burning a little.

I suppose that sims who are skilled in fitness can't get killed by a chicken...Darrell Charm,the first sim I tried with, never died despite of his multiple fights with the chicken and he had 4 points in fitness. But when I tried with Travis Scott, he died at the second fight.

anything