Author Topic: Death Follows You, Watcher!  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Death Follows You, Watcher!
« on: February 26, 2024, 06:42:17 AM »
Death Follows You, Watcher!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In this twisted challenge, your original Sim takes on the role of Grim Reaper's disciple, walking from world to world and facilitating the demise of Sims in multiple ways. 

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult Sim (all life states allowed) and move to an empty home or lot.
  • Household additions may only happen in Live mode.
  • If your original Sim dies, you cannot continue. Post the points you were able to acquire.
  • This challenge ends after five full Sim days, Week 1, Day 6, 8 a.m.

Scoring.

Make a copy of our spreadsheet to assist with your calculations.

Death Toll. Receive 1 point for any Sim death (pets do not count). 

WUD. World and Unique Death multiplier. Everyone starts with a multiplier of 1.00. For every different world in which a death occurs, add 2% (.02) to the multiplier. Vacation worlds also qualify for the multiplier. For every type (unique) of death, also add 2% to the multiplier. 

Grim Total. Multiply your Death Toll with your WUD to get the Grim Total. 

Example. Your death-dealing Sim traveled to 5 different worlds -- Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Newcrest, and San Myshuno and had a Death Toll of 31.

Death by Starvation - 6
Death by Fire - 4
Death by Drowning - 1
Death by Hysteria - 1
Death by Electrocution - 1
Death by Woohoo - 2
Death by Puffer Fish - 1
Death by Sunlight - 3
Death by Vending Machine - 3
Death by Murphy Bed - 1
Death by Old Age - 8

WUD = 5 different worlds = .10 added to the multiplier.
11 unique types of death = .22 added to the multiplier.
1.00 + .32 = 1.32

Grim Total = 31 X 1.32 = 40.92

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Death Toll     WUD     Grim Total
Rebelangel1141.70193.80
LenaLJ731.44105.12
Elinoee531.3269.96
sone321.5850.56
Vesper181.2622.68
Eighty8Keys111.1412.54
Metropolis Man101.2412.40
Deklitch11.041.04

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: Death Follows You, Watcher!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 02:10:02 PM »
Do deaths only count if they're in your household at the time?  Or can I trigger a massive death event and count anyone who was unfortunate enough to be a part of it (even though I wasn't actually controlling them?)

Can I return to a world I left? 

I see that clubs are banned, but are groups banned?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 05:12:35 PM »
oooh a challenge where you need to kill off sims ... but not the one you create ... I'd be good at the dying in fire part of it. If the sim you create dies does the points for that death count? It seems EA has now decided that I do own Sims 4. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 06:14:44 AM »
Do deaths only count if they're in your household at the time?  Or can I trigger a massive death event and count anyone who was unfortunate enough to be a part of it (even though I wasn't actually controlling them?)

Deaths outside the household also count.

Can I return to a world I left?

Yes.

I see that clubs are banned, but are groups banned?

Clubs are not banned. Clubs and groups are fine.

oooh a challenge where you need to kill off sims ... but not the one you create ... I'd be good at the dying in fire part of it. If the sim you create dies does the points for that death count? It seems EA has now decided that I do own Sims 4. :)

Yes, if your original Sim dies, you must stop the challenge, but you could at least count that death, too.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Death Follows You, Watcher! <Starts March 4>
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 03:23:05 PM »
I had two questions:

When I was play testing, I noticed that Grim can get backed up if multiple deaths occur around the same time. I recognize this might be a feature of the challenge rather than a bug, but wanted to clarify whether we can use the resetsim cheat if a sim has clearly died and Grim is standing around checking his phone . . .

Second, on the spreadsheet, "Night Wraith" is listed as a death type. Is getting the curse of the night wraith sufficient to trigger that or must the sim actually die while under the curse of the night wraith?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 06:53:35 AM »
I had two questions:

When I was play testing, I noticed that Grim can get backed up if multiple deaths occur around the same time. I recognize this might be a feature of the challenge rather than a bug, but wanted to clarify whether we can use the resetsim cheat if a sim has clearly died and Grim is standing around checking his phone . . .

If Grim is clearly bugged, then yes, you can reset him. Checking his phone one time does not qualify, though.

Second, on the spreadsheet, "Night Wraith" is listed as a death type. Is getting the curse of the night wraith sufficient to trigger that or must the sim actually die while under the curse of the night wraith?

The Sim needs to die for you to get credit.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 06:08:34 AM »
This challenge starts tomorrow (Monday), so please look over the rules one final time. Good luck on your killing spree! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Death Follows You, Watcher! <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 05:28:33 AM »
Well, my Sim went to 1 world and had a death toll of 1. There was 1 unique death type.

So, I believe that is
Death Toll 1
WUD 1.04
Grim Total 1 x 1.04 = 1.04

So yep, went as well as I expected ... but at least at this point I'm at the top of the leaderboard. LOL

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 10:34:30 AM »
I read the rules very carefully this time...!
Was a bit hard to see all those sims suffering and dying... definitely not my cup of tea when I play the game! But I must say it was interesting to test 2 kind of deaths that I never had and were quite ...sadly funny 😅

Death toll : 53
WUD (9 different worlds, 7 unique types of death): 1.00+ 0.18 + 0.14 = 1.32
Grim total : 53 x 1.32= 69.96

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 10:56:57 AM »
I read the rules very carefully this time...!

Hooray! ;)

Was a bit hard to see all those sims suffering and dying... definitely not my cup of tea when I play the game! But I must say it was interesting to test 2 kinds of deaths that I never had and were quite ...sadly funny 😅

I do not remember how long you have been forumer, but co-founder Pam had a real thing against the intentional killing of Sims—so much so that she twisted my arm back in the day to not allow it for forum challenges. R.I.P., Queen Bee, but we've lightened up a bit. I figure as long as someone is not cheating, it can be part of the game—in a creepy way.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 09:26:45 AM »
This closes tomorrow night, so get your scores posted soon.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2024, 01:49:11 PM »
All done.

Death Toll = 10

WUD (6 different worlds and 6 different types of deaths) = 1.00 + .12 + .12 = 1.24

Grim Total = 10 X 1.24 = 12.40

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2024, 08:29:34 PM »
Some annoyingly resilient sims this challenge.

Death toll 18. Seven worlds, six death types so WUD = 1.26

Total = 22.68

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2024, 01:56:40 PM »
I just wanted to remind players finishing up that this is one of those events where you do not need to play all days in case you run out of time. It would not be a DNF.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2024, 05:08:34 PM »
Alpha Death, had one type of death she enjoyed more than others, but more about that tomorrow ;)
In the final ours of the challenge, the watcher got a bit tired. And very symbolic, Alpha actually was the last death, merely an hour before the challenge was done.

Death toll : 73
WUD (11 different worlds, 11 unique types of death): 1,00+ 0,22 + 0,22 = 1,44
Grim total : 73 x 1,44= 105,12