Author Topic: Upgrade Bingo  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Upgrade Bingo <Live Challenge -- Jump in!>
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2024, 08:05:12 PM »
This was a lot of fun. I finished on Saturday 4:41pm.

I'm assuming you also got 1200 points?

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 03:53:56 AM »
Bingo Name Oh finished (12 rows) on Thursday at 8:39pm
1200 points.

Made a few mistakes - but it was fun!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 10:09:36 AM »
Well, I am the first one to be posting, without having finished my bingo card. 😀 I did complete 2 rows and 1 diagonal, so 300 points. I also completed an additional 6 upgrades, therefore an additional 60 points. In total then, 360 points. Clearly bottom of the table,😀 not a surprise for those of you who remember me from back in the day. I should have researched/practiced beforehand, but got excited and just rushed in😲.

Really enjoyed taking part, as I always did. Looking forward to doing some more challenges this year. Thank you.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 10:35:30 AM »
Welcome back, @junegem -- I see it has almost been four years.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2024, 11:02:22 AM »
Thank you.  Good to be back. Yes, outside life took over but hopefully this year I can try a few more challenges.  Looking forward to it.

Offline jewels129

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2024, 02:04:21 PM »
This was a lot of fun. I finished on Saturday 4:41pm.

I'm assuming you also got 1200 points?

Yes I got 1200 points. Sorry for not being clear 😬

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2024, 10:03:29 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your scores soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2024, 10:34:57 AM »
My sim did all the upgrades and finished the bingo on Tuesday (D3) at 8:03 pm

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2024, 11:51:18 AM »
 Macguver finished all the upgrades (bingo) at 3:27 AM on Tuesday.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2024, 01:41:31 PM »
Finished all upgrades on Tuesday at 10:48pm

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2024, 02:50:05 PM »
What?! Mike "Make it Right" Holmes will not win this event? Oh, well. Does anyone else like Mike Holmes and his shows? He tells it like it is. I had to name my Sim after Mike. Mike did all the upgrades and finished on Thursday, 6:39 p.m.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2024, 03:33:59 PM »
My Sim finished the full bingo (1200 points) on Tuesday (Day 3) 7:10 am.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2024, 04:19:15 PM »
We filled the full bingo plate, which is 1200 points, at Week 1, Tuesday at 8:52 PM

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Upgrade Bingo
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2024, 06:15:20 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

Twelve participants grabbed their wrenches and bingo cards and dove into this unique event designed by team member @LenaLJ. Quite a few players commented on the fun they had, so well done, Lena. @Rebelangel ended up with another notch in her belt—this is her third win of the season, which is pretty impressive given that there have only been six so far.

Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Upgrade Bingo
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2024, 07:49:09 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Lots A Gnomes wanted to congratulate Rebelangel on her third win of the season.

His traits were Maker, Genius and Overachiever. His Aspiration was Nerd Brain which also gave him Quick Learner.

He was put down on a cheap lot in Oasis Springs where he got a comfy chair to sit in and a cheap bookshelf. He bought level 1 handiness book and read it. He also got himself a microscope.

He went to Willow Springs library, used a computer and bought parts - 60 basics and 30 of each of electric, kitchen and plumbing. He also read about vampires and researched vampires online. He purchased a couple of moodlet solvers and focus potions.

He then went to the Kasbah Art Gallery and made objects on the wood working table. He drank focus potions to improve his handiness gain and consumed a moodlet solver to return his needs to full. By Monday night, he reached level 7 of handiness skill and proceeded to improve various plumbing objects around that world with his x2 as fast plumbing improvement skill. Feeling flushed with success, he began proceedings by adding a superior flush to the Kasbah's toilet.

Many many more bad puns filled my head as he improved various lots around San Myshuno. On a practice run (getting to know what's in what lot) I discovered that Mr Lobo had a Gaming Rig Mat. (As it wouldn't be me if at least one fire didn't occur while cooking during either a practice or scoring run, Mr Lobo tried to cook and set his kitchen on fire. I just burst into laughter).

It was discovered that while the citizens of San Myshuno didn't mind if you visited uninvited up until midnight, visits between midnight and first light weren't appreciated.

I tried to do plumbing objects first, followed by electronic objects followed by kitchen objects, because my research told me that kitchen upgrades were quicker at level 10 handiness skill. But I think the length of time taken to get him to level 7 by woodworking was a mistake.

I also cursed myself for not putting down at least one restaurant as I knew for sure they had dishwashers. I only found one house with a dishwasher - the one occupied by Ms Pizazz in my run throughs, but by the time of the scoring came, I realised I could do her house, but then had no clue as to the other dishwasher. And I had my home lot with my microscope upgrade on it ... I checked with the team, yes I could move home lots, so Lotsa Gnomes moved houses to another empty lot, sold all of his woodworking products, his chair and his bookshelf and moved to his new empty lot, where he could watch his dishwasher wash things forever as he had made it unbreakable.

Order   Time         Upgrade                  Object         Lot
1   Monday 8:16pm      Superior Flush               Toilet         Kasbah Gallery
2   Monday 9:36pm      Pulsating Massage Jets         Shower         Skye Fitness
3   Monday 10:17pm      Sturdy Faucets            Sink            Stargazer Lounge
4   Tuesday 12:26am      Self Cleaning               Sink            Waterside Warblers
5   Tuesday 1:53am      Autolight                  Fireplace         Myshumo Meadows
6   Tuesday 2:26pm      Infuser                  Coffee Pot      Thriftea
7   Tuesday 3:28am      Bidet                  Toilet         Lakeview Library
8   Tuesday 4:26am      Upgrade Water Flow Regulator   Shower         Moonwood Mill Library
9   Tuesday 6:27am      Better Components            TV or Radio      Grimtooth Bar & Bunker
10   Tuesday 11:23pm      Auto-Soap Dispensor         Sink            Planet Honey Pop!
11   Tuesday 11:39am?      ECC Ram                  Computer      Copperdale High School
12   Tuesday 7:40pm      Clean Coat               Tub            Feng home lot
13   Tuesday 10:01pm      Make Run Quieter            Dishwasher      Pizazz home lot
14   Wednesday 12:16am   Sturdy Panels               Gaming Rig Mat   Lobo home lot
15   Wednesday 1:16am   Fireguard                  Fireplace         Desert Bloom
16   Wednesday 4:39am   Super Reception            Radio         Snake Bar
17   Wednesday 10:15am   Firaxium Wiring            Television      Builders & Burners
18   Wednesday 11:55am   Coated Exterior            Oven         Zest home lot
19   Wednesday 1:39pm   Heat Sensor               Oven         Roomies home lot
20   Wednesday 2:48pm   Fresh Maker               Fridge         Landgraab home lot
21   Wednesday 3:27pm   Flavor Enhancer            Microwave      Caliente home lot
22   Wednesday 5:10pm   Improve Lens Quality         Microscope      1st Gnomes Home Lot
23   Wednesday 8:30pm   Better Video Card            Computer      Willow Springs Archive
24   Wednesday 11:05pm   Fridge of Steel               Fridge         Benali home lot
25   Thursday 3:52am      Make Unbreakable            Dishwasher      2nd Gnomes Home Lot

I did numerous run throughs of the challenge, practising different approaches, trying different things, and also asked the team several questions about things that were and were not allowed (including my brain explosion at one stage which went - by lots do they really mean lot types, so I could only do one bar, one lounge, one park, etc etc etc and I even tried one run through to do it that way ... I think I got to about 21 unique lot types :P. I also got to explore things like the high school and the werewolf world.

Anyway, that's how I attempted the challenge. Thank you for the fun challenge.