Author Topic: Sims on one lot seems to get stuck - a lot  (Read 639 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Sims on one lot seems to get stuck - a lot
« on: February 25, 2024, 12:21:55 PM »
Hello.

Just wanted to jump in here with a random question: Have anyone of you experienced a lot where sims keeps getting "stuck" (read, just stands still and stops responding) a lot? Just recently I came back to a family I have not been playing for a very long time (say a year or more) and the two adult sims (the third is a child) seems to get stuck from time to time and don't answer to any commands. Reloading the lot do not help so I have to reset the sim (testingcheats on - reset sim). It's quite annoying but I can handle it. I just want to know if anyone else ever had this. My theory is the family was effected by the patches I had in the past (I'm offline today and do not patch) and as the family was not played after that the effects of the patches did hurt them. Or they bugged out because they haven't been played in a while... What's your theory? No other families are effected, just this one.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Sims on one lot seems to get stuck - a lot
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 02:32:41 PM »
All I got is, yeah sometimes an old save that hasn't been touched in a long time will be buggy.  And I agree that it's probably because a lot changed in the meantime.
A lot of times this will start smoothing out after some save and reload cycles.  You could try moving the household, to see if it's the lot or the household.  I've had an issue with certain lots, that persisted through a few patches, and happened in different saves-- such as, Old Quarter Inn in Windenburg, the stairs up to the restrooms would stop working.  Same thing happened for a while in the small dorm in UBrite.  The large dorm in Foxbury has a door (to the pink bedroom) that forgets how to door, you have to enter bb.enablefreebuild then jump in and out of BB mode.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: Sims on one lot seems to get stuck - a lot
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 11:54:49 AM »
OK, thank you Brian. I guess it's a thing that can happen then. Very helpful.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4