Author Topic: Wallace Ultimate Simology Legacy (27-Apr - on hold)  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Wallace Legacy 2.4: We Didn’t Start The Fire (8-Mar)
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2024, 03:37:09 AM »
But Caillen, the Dance Machine is really quite useful!  A sim with that trait can take short Disco Naps to replenish their energy very quickly.
Rather handy for a founder sim who's broke and can't afford a nice bed. :D

Wow, Baird, you were the one to finally dispose of Ukupanipo (may his soul rest in peace). gg!
Also, the jewelry you've made for yourself and for Blaine is very attractive.  Again, gg!
And last but not least, great job catching that Luna Fish on your birthday! I'd been wondering if you'd get around to that! ;)
I'm happy for Ailsa's reunion with Akira. What a kind Watcher to allow the couple to recommit and thus alleviate Ailsa's concern about Geeta. (Haha, I thought Akira was the jealous one?)

You seem to be having so much fun with this, Watcher. It makes me want to try your challenge, too!
P.S. Bonnie, you look dashing in your Smuggler fit!
I totally Googled "Sims 4 can spellcaster kill another sim". It felt like a move to the dark side but - that's the game! lol

I think the reviews of Crystal Creations mention the disappointing CAS jewellery that comes as default. But the range of hand-crafted stuff is amazing - some great wrist bands too. I wasn't thinking of Baird wearing the earrings when he made them but wanted to try out the powers. As you can propose with a hand-crafted ring, Baird might just have to get flirty for me to try that out.

The fish collection will be a multi-generational task as some are quite location-specific but as Baird had tried, I wanted him to get that Luna Fish.

I've been giving the family their top-level (or best-looking-level) clothes as a reward for getting to the top. I love Baird's Matrix-style Oracle outfit and, of course, Bonnie's Smuggler look is amazing. She had some issue on one of her last work days (she's quit to look after family now) that made her lose a tonne of weight. Since she's Active and has the Energetic Life-Style, she's keeping it off.

You are very welcome to join in the challenge. I took some inspiration from the To The Max story by @Heart Foam but I knew I'd never be able to do it in one Generation. I've yet to work out how to post a spreadsheet or link to a spreadsheet on here. I think it needs to be a Google spreadsheet... I should look into that.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2024, 04:20:10 AM »
lol. My dear Landgraabs. Thank you for tagging me, because I'm interested to read this.

As an update, I did get further with the Horse Ranch than I posted. I dedeathified the ghosts and paired them off, but 1) I was having some technical issues that plagued that Horse Ranch neighborhood in particular, and 2) that brown brick Landgraab house is too iconic to leave behind. I upgraded processors and somehow Sims doesn't like the way AMD APUs handle ram, and textures were flat even though I've got exponentially more performance than the game needs. It was a whole thing, and I since solved it (put a dedicated GPU back, which I was trying to get away from), but it killed the momentum of Phoebe and Fancy because any other save in any other neighborhood was fine. Also there are too many stables on that gallery house I started with. No one needs that many. Anywho. Enough about me. I haven't done enough with Horse Ranch or its world.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2024, 11:35:24 AM »
lol. My dear Landgraabs. Thank you for tagging me, because I'm interested to read this.

As an update, I did get further with the Horse Ranch than I posted. I dedeathified the ghosts and paired them off, but 1) I was having some technical issues that plagued that Horse Ranch neighborhood in particular, and 2) that brown brick Landgraab house is too iconic to leave behind. I upgraded processors and somehow Sims doesn't like the way AMD APUs handle ram, and textures were flat even though I've got exponentially more performance than the game needs. It was a whole thing, and I since solved it (put a dedicated GPU back, which I was trying to get away from), but it killed the momentum of Phoebe and Fancy because any other save in any other neighborhood was fine. Also there are too many stables on that gallery house I started with. No one needs that many. Anywho. Enough about me. I haven't done enough with Horse Ranch or its world.

@Heart Foam
What obstacles you've had to overcome to get your system primed to play Horse Ranch.  That all sounds very glitchy to me, especially since you could play other worlds just fine.
Was it the Gallery house you downloaded? (Sorry, I really tried but I didn't understand most of your tech explanation....)

I have enjoyed building and renovating residential rentals with the For Rent pack. I'd thought you'd return with some amazing multi-story rental reseidence builds!
Hope you've been well and look forwarto reading about whatever you're working on now. Will you resume your gameplay with Phoebe and Fancy?

P.S. Sorry for responding to Heart Foam in your story thread, Judi.  I tried first to respond to his Landgraabs to the Max story, but we can't comment on a thread in the Graveyard.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2024, 04:08:49 PM »
More than happy to provide a conduit for friendly interactions  :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2024, 05:54:02 PM »
I really enjoyed all the attempts to do in the nearly indestructible Ukupanipo, and the ultimate effort was genius.

I find the gems pack info very interesting, thank you for sharing so much about it - I've started playing with that a bit in my Ten-Gen Jumble, but my current Sims don't have much time for it, and I've been holding off play in that until the bugs got fixed. Sounds like the worst ones have been fixed, so as soon as I can un-busy my RL, I can get back to that.

I agree with @oshizu in that your story makes me want to play this. I do want to steal your spreadsheet . . . capitalize on your hard work . . . leverage your generosity, but I'm not rushing you - I'm only on Gen 4 of my TGJ with somewhat limited playtime, so it will be awhile before I start this.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2024, 02:06:16 PM »
I really enjoyed all the attempts to do in the nearly indestructible Ukupanipo, and the ultimate effort was genius.

I find the gems pack info very interesting, thank you for sharing so much about it - I've started playing with that a bit in my Ten-Gen Jumble, but my current Sims don't have much time for it, and I've been holding off play in that until the bugs got fixed. Sounds like the worst ones have been fixed, so as soon as I can un-busy my RL, I can get back to that.

I agree with @oshizu in that your story makes me want to play this. I do want to steal your spreadsheet . . . capitalize on your hard work . . . leverage your generosity, but I'm not rushing you - I'm only on Gen 4 of my TGJ with somewhat limited playtime, so it will be awhile before I start this.
I'm glad you enjoyed my attempts. I tend to go into battle without fully researching things. Then I have to pull back, re-group & do the research to actually push through. I just wish I retained strategies in my head but they disappear into the ether.

I'd love to share the spreadsheet. I just need to work out how to transfer my excel spreadsheet into Google sheets. I'll try to find time this week  :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2024, 06:10:01 PM »
I'd love to share the spreadsheet. I just need to work out how to transfer my excel spreadsheet into Google sheets. I'll try to find time this week  :)

Assuming you have an google account, you go into your Google Drive and click on the "+ new" button just under the drive logo.

From the dropdown, select 'File Upload' and then locate the excel file select the file and click 'Open'.

It might take a minute or so to upload/open it in Google Drive, but once it does so, Go to 'File' then 'Save as Google Docs'. It will convert it to google sheets format.

Now to share it, click on 'Share', not the down pointing triangle, the word.

From the next screen select 'Restricted' below 'General Access' and select 'Anyone with the link'. Make sure the access to the file remains at 'viewer'.

Select 'copy link' and then 'done'.

Test the link works by opening up a fresh browser and entering the link into the search bar.

Then edit whatever post you want in here with the link to the google sheets version of your spreadsheet.

They will have to do a 'save as' version of it to use, and they can view, but not update your spreadsheet.

Unlike my abilities with Sims 4, I'm actually quite skilled in Excel/Google Sheets. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2024, 03:29:32 AM »
Wow @Deklitch - that's so helpful! Thank you so much. I've got no excuse now ;)

I love this community ❤️

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2024, 10:22:02 AM »
Thanks to advice from @oshizu @GlazeyLady plus the step-by-step instructions from @Deklitch - I've had a go at creating a blank scoresheet on Google Sheets from my Excel spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet

I'll be trying the link to check it works. If it does, I'll add it to the rules section of this thread and proof-read them a bit more thoroughly.
If anyone fancies making a copy and having a quick look and getting back to me about any issues, that would be helpful.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2024, 11:13:47 AM »
When I clicked the link, it said I didn't have access. I think you need to click the Share button in the upper right of the screen when you are on the spreadsheet and indicate that anyone with the link has view access.  It's this part in what @Deklitch shared:

From the next screen select 'Restricted' below 'General Access' and select 'Anyone with the link'. Make sure the access to the file remains at 'viewer'.

Test the link works by opening up a fresh browser and entering the link into the search bar.

Then edit whatever post you want in here with the link to the google sheets version of your spreadsheet.

They will have to do a 'save as' version of it to use, and they can view, but not update your spreadsheet.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2024, 12:02:05 PM »
When I clicked the link, it said I didn't have access. I think you need to click the Share button in the upper right of the screen when you are on the spreadsheet and indicate that anyone with the link has view access.  It's this part in what @Deklitch shared:

I knew I'd miss a step! I think I've fixed access now.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2024, 12:16:38 PM »

You did. It works fine. Coincidentally, you may find this post from @Rebelangel interesting given it focuses on her death strategy in the challenge she just won.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2024, 01:23:48 PM »

You did. It works fine. Coincidentally, you may find this post from @Rebelangel interesting given it focuses on her death strategy in the challenge she just won.
Thanks Tom, that'll be helpful

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2024, 01:34:45 PM »
Wow @Deklitch - that's so helpful! Thank you so much. I've got no excuse now ;)

I love this community ❤️

@Granny Lawlor
Thanks so much for sharing all your hard work, Judi! I made a copy of your spreadsheet for my Google Drive!

@Deklitch
Wow, nice step-by-step instructions!  You da man!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Wallace Ultimate Simology Legacy 2.5: Another One Bites The Dust
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2024, 12:54:26 PM »
Wallace Legacy 2.5: Another One Bites The Dust

Previously in the Wallace Legacy Household: Baird topped his career as Oracle; Blaine got friendly with her workplace rival Bella Goth; Coinneah aged into a Cheerful Child; Ailsa passed away, back and through to the Ghost Care Home; Ukupanipo (Blaine’s 2nd husband) finally died in a fire; Bonnie gave birth to Coirah; and Blaine jumped the broom with her 3rd husband – Joemar Mabini, the sage – not Joemar Nasution, Coirah’s father.

L-to-R: Coinneach, Joemar Mabini, Bonnie holding Coirah, Baird, Blaine, Caillen
2.4.family.jpg
Current Location: Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook

Blaine: I introduced my Joemar to Coo and made it clear that he wasn’t to go too near to him. I did not need any more “accidents”.

2.5.1.jpg

Bonnie: Coirah – it means “of the churning waters” and you pronounce it “coy-rah” – aged into a Calm Infant, something we need in our busy household. Look at her gorgeous green eyes!

2.5.2.jpg

Caillen: Coirah is cute. She giggles when I play with her. I love being a big sister. She’s too little to have any bad relationships but I’m doing my best to fix everyone else’s. It’s mainly Mummy – she really doesn’t like some people. Blaine is supposed to be Evil, but you’d never know it.

2.5.3.jpg

Bonnie: Blaine was pleased to have ghost Ukupanipo visit but it was me who had to ask him to move in. Would you believe Blaine’s friendship with him wasn’t good enough? It speaks volumes, doesn’t it!

2.5.5.jpg

Joemar: I was quite confused by Blaine’s previous husband joining the household. I had been told that he would just pass through but for some reason he had changed into his bed clothes and his aura was all flirty. Bonnie kept distracting me, wanting magical training, but I was sure something was not right. I just couldn't be bothered to do anything about it. He did move out later that day. Just as well! I might have had to stir myself to sort him out.

2.5.9.jpg

Joemar: It wasn’t my fault that I got a Charge Overload. Baird asked me to weed the garden after I’d duelled with him and Bonnie. Hello? I’m a Lazy Sim! Of course I used the Florialate Spell.

2.5.11.jpg

Caillen: Ta Da! Yay – having got to be a Llamacorn Scout, Watcher thought I’d enjoy Drama Club. I reckon I’m a natural!

2.5.13.jpg

Blaine: What? I’m a Black Widow? I’m sure I’ve only lost 3 husbands…one, two, three. Yep, just the three. I did tell him to keep away from Coo (Scottish for “cow”). Watcher had asked him to make a cake and he thought he’d take the easy option. You’d have thought Glutton Ukupanipo would have been the one to succumb to Coo’s tricks. But no. It was Lazy Joemar.

2.5.14.jpg

Coinneach: We couldn’t really see much in the gloom. Mummy was sobbing away so I’m pretty sure she was really upset. I guess we all were, sorta, kinda, maybe. I wonder who milked Coo… I wonder why the eco-inspector was so upset. I wonder how Grim gets that cool “whoosh” effect with his scythe. I wonder a lot about all sorts of things.

2.5.16.jpg

Baird: Blaine upset again and still no pregnancy. I decided to scout out some possibles in the Magic Realm.

2.5.17.jpg

Baird: I talked Blaine up to this guy, Sand Thompson. He’s a Vegetarian, Insider, Dance Machine. Blaine’s had just been promoted to level 10 Villain so I thought she’d be in a good mood. Sand went in to talk with her but came back out, saying he didn’t find her very interesting. Maybe I should have waited until she’d finished her mourning. Coinneach is doing his best to Console her. Actually, full disclosure - Sand was confused by me asking him if he was Single. He's into guys, not girls. I had to point out I was Single & Lovin It.

2.5.18.jpg

Caillen: Thursday was my birthday. Mum threw a Black&White Party although I aged up into black and pink. I like this outfit but it needs adding to my wardrobe because it’s a random age-up/dress-up one. Like when you age up in your scout uniform. Anyway, I’m a Kleptomaniac. Lock up your prized possessions!

2.5.19.jpg

Blaine: Remember Wesley – our school friend? He’s still around and single. OK, he’s not so good-looking in this photo, but still…

2.5.21.jpg

Bonnie: Blaine was not at all pleased that yet another of her ghost husbands had to be invited to join the household by someone else. I tried to explain that her Joemar had been our Practical Sage for longer than she’d been married to him. It didn’t make her any happier. We really need to get her married again.

2.5.22.jpg

Caillen: Mum’s got her Sorcery and Spellcraft Aspiration done so she’s handed over the Legacy torch to me. Max a Career, complete an Aspiration and produce the next heir. It all sounds quite simple. Oh, yes. My Aspiration is to be a Jungle Explorer. The statue memorializing this woman would imply she’s someone special. Maybe there’ll be a statue of me one day.

2.5.24.jpg

Bonnie: Before we let Caillen go off exploring, it was time for Coirah to age up. She’s a Charmer Toddler and the house we’ve rent comes with a toddler bed which makes things easy. Caillen and I have to share a double bed but we won’t be here very long. Blaine and I also aged-up into Adults using the same cake but that doesn’t make a very interesting photo. I wonder if Caillen will want to move out of Glimmerbrook next week? We’ve completed our magical aspirations and we have to travel to HQ anyway to get the rest of the artifacts. We don’t really need to be in Glimmerbrook anymore.

2.5.25.jpg

Caillen: Watcher warned me that I needed to up my Gardening, Handiness, Fishing, Fitness and Archaeology. My Logic is already good and I maxed Selvadorean Culture at the market but those other skills would be really useful.

2.5.27.jpg

Baird: Caillen has hardly practised any magic so she can’t Transportalate anywhere. We’ll work on that. She’s going to be so busy next week, not to mention High School, but she was lucky this time to just feel a bit fed up and get two mouthfuls of bone dust. This place could be deadly if she’s not careful.

2.5.28.jpg

Caillen: Yes! Baird had been swiping stuff all around the temple ruins but this was the ultimate prize! I’ve got the treasure-hunting bug. I’ll be back here soon.

2.5.29.jpg

Current Score at week 15 (Autumn 3/4)
28%   Overall

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Progress
New Death: Eaten by Cowplant
New Skills: Gemology, Selvadoran Culture
New Aspiration: Sorcery & Spellcraft
New Achievements: Honorary Sim Guru, Black Widow, I-Spy
New Career: Secret Agent: Villain
New Milestones: Eaten by Cowplant, Explored Omniscan Ruins, First Vacation
New Traits: Independent, Slinger of Spells, Shameless, Fear of the Great Cowplant

L-to-R: Coinneach, Blaine, Bonnie holding Coirah, Baird, Caillen
2.5.family.jpg

Generation 2
Baird Wallace – Spare
: Adult; Kleptomaniac, Unflirty, Self-Assured +Perfectionist +Neat +Cheerful; Aspiration – Crystal Crafter 2/4; Unemployed
Bonnie Wallace – Heir: Young Adult; Cheerful, Kleptomaniac, Romantic +Active +Family-Oriented +Self-Assured; Aspiration – Body Builder; Unemployed
Blaine Wallace – Spare: Young Adult; Cheerful, Self-Assured, Evil +Family-Oriented +Neat +Creative; Career Secret Agent 10/10?; Aspiration - Super Parent 2/4

Generation 3
Caillen Wallace - Heir
: Teen; Proper, Kleptomaniac; Aspiration – Jungle Explorer 2/4
Coinneach Wallace – Cadet: Child; Cheerful; Aspiration – Social Butterfly 0/3
Coirah Wallace – Spare: Toddler; Charmer

Notes

I don’t know why the death of Blaine’s 3rd husband triggered the Black Widow Achievement which should be for her 5th husband. It is what she was aiming for and the game glitches have frustrated other achievements so I’ve added it to my scoresheet. She does have plans for a couple more weddings anyway – for completeness sake. In case you haven’t kept count, there are now 7 ghosts in the Ghost Care Home – Geeta, Darryl, Akira, Morgyn, Ukupanipo, Ailsa & Joemar.

Blaine also got the I-Spy Achievement for reaching the top of the Villain career. There is another level in that career so she’ll be aiming for that too.

Caillen’s aspiration of Jungle Explorer can be done from any world as it’s a solely vacation spot. I might hold off on moving until Coinneach ages up in case he gets a location-specific aspiration. I’m no longer restricting moves to Mondays.

Toddler Coirah is, of course, cute as a button. She chose the hamster t-shirt herself. Do you think that means we should get her a hamster? She’s a bit young to keep it clean but she’ll enjoy getting postcards. 😉

Coirah Toddler.jpg