Author Topic: Something Crafty This Way Comes  (Read 6470 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Something Crafty This Way Comes
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2024, 12:10:13 PM »
Wow, what a fantastic tournament challenge this is!
This is so "my kind of challenge," but I wasn't paying attention and will not have time to complete it.
Just wanted to stop by and compliment the Challenge team on such an appealing challenge!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2024, 12:13:05 PM »
This is so "my kind of challenge," but I wasn't paying attention and will not have time to complete it.
Just wanted to stop by and compliment the Challenge team on such an appealing challenge!

Thanks for the kind words! C'mon! *twists your arm very forcefully* You've got two full days. Put on some Purple Rain and get to crafting. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2024, 12:20:20 PM »

Thanks for the kind words! C'mon! *twists your arm very forcefully* You've got two full days. Put on some Purple Rain and get to crafting. ;)

LOL the Purple Rain reference!

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2024, 04:50:20 PM »
My sims finished with 2,223,550 $ On Thursday 8:00 am

I think it's the first time I have so much money in game and I never thought it was possible to earn so much in 4 days! Great experience :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2024, 05:06:58 PM »
Wow! Great score, @Elinoee!

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2024, 07:29:06 PM »
Excellent score @Elinoee . I figured someone would swoop in with well over a million. Can't wait to hear strategy.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2024, 08:49:54 AM »
My sims finished with a total of $1,776,184 simoleons. @Elinoee, super impressed you broke $2M!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2024, 09:06:39 AM »
My sims finished with a total of $1,776,184 simoleons. @Elinoee, super impressed you broke $2M!

I'm so happy to see you jump into another event. And a great score from you, too. :) You have no idea how many players have jumped in one event, and then you never see them again.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »
The forum has been spammed quite a bit lately. I am leaving the above post because I messaged Carl to see if he has any ideas. All I can do on my end is put out the fires and delete the accounts. It's preventing the fires from starting that I cannot control.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2024, 03:47:17 PM »
Another last minute play from my side. But luckely we finished in time with a nice amount of money in their pockets-

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2024, 04:14:43 PM »
@Mom9 -- I am still wondering if the post below was your actual score since it's not really a statement (i.e. "My Sims made $5500), but more of a comment.

how in the world, in 5 Sims days, did you make that much money doing crafts?  I thought I was doing pretty good making $5500..... LOL. and that was running my family rugged LOL

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2024, 07:50:22 PM »
Well, I created my workforce and then had NO time to put them to work. So my household funds are §20,732.

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2024, 02:19:56 AM »
The Pastel-Canvas household finished with §524,974 (and for some reason the game said I got the rosebud achievment??)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2024, 06:24:38 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Great job to @Elinoee on the win. I'm still uncertain whether @Mom9 should be on the leaderboard, but I decided to put her there—my thanks to all participants and to team member @mismck for putting this event together.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2024, 09:12:18 AM »
Thank you! I longer hesitated while searching for a strategy for this one.
I first thought of painting, then of woodworking (Granite Falls statues that bring back much money!), but I finally decided to go on with flower arranging.

I read about pink orchids arrangement that become really valuable, so I decided to stick on that as soon as my sims were enough skilled to make pink orchids arrangements. They cost more than 800$ to make (I decided not to plant my own flowers because we only had 4 days) but bring more than 20,000 $ each bouquet on sale, via Plopsy or via the vendor table (with 300% marking).

I made 8 sims.
7 of them were always busy doing flower arrangements during the 4 days (each sim had her/his own flower arranging table) while being very inspired as often as possible to get the best quality. They were all "creative","art lover" and with a creative aspiration, so that they could have more inspired buffs, and "insider" to have the chance to get an extra buff because they were all members of a club (in order to get the "rally the troops" ans the "inspired club vibes").
The 8th sim was assigned to selling the bouquets with a vendor table, by doing yard sales all days and nights long, with 300% marking up. He was "insider","outgoing", "self-assured" and with a poularity aspiration, in order to max quicker the charisma skill and become a best vendor.
He also was the leader of the club I made at the beginning. (I was disappointed to see that "flower arranging" is not a possible activity for the club! I decided then to only set the activity of "being friendly" with everyone, which was perfect for my vendor and gave enough points to get quickly the "rally the troops" perk).

The sims sold a few bouquets via Plopsy but not very much, maybe 3 or 4 each sim.It is quite long and was way quicker to use the vendor table.
At the beginning, they practiced by making the cheapest arrangements in order not to lose too much money. It would have been impossible to sell all the bouquets made in 4 days by making them h24 with 7 sims, so I decided not to sell the cheapest ones. As soon as they were able to make pink orchids arrangements, I kept selling those and let the other ones.
(I finally lost a bit money because some of the bouquets could not have been sold,including pink orchids, but that was really not much compare to the big amount of money my sims finally got!)