Author Topic: Something Crafty This Way Comes  (Read 6461 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Something Crafty This Way Comes
« on: January 29, 2024, 06:17:41 AM »
Something Crafty This Way Comes

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Think your Sims can carve out a win? First, they'll need to carve out some expensive sculptures. Or paint some Masterpieces. Maybe even stomp those grapes to make some excellent nectar. Whatever your Sims decide, they need to make every item count for maximum profit -- they won't have long to get crafty.

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create up to 8 Sims (all ages and life states allowed).
  • Move the household into Crick Cabana (Furnished) in Willow Creek.
  • No moving allowed. No additions to the household are allowed. If a Sim dies, their ghost can be returned to the household.
  • No selling through Household or Personal Inventory. No publishing books for royalties.
  • Copypasto is banned.
  • Household Funds can only be increased by selling items that your household Sims have crafted or made using Plopsy, The Street Gallery, or a sales table.
  • Your final score is the total of your Household Funds at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday of Week 1.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Household Funds
Elinoee§2223550
LenaLJ§1991274
Rebelangel§1776184
sone§524974
Eighty8Keys§354751
Metropolis Man§347890
kinseyam§241149
mismck§20732
Mom9§5500

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Something Crafty This Way Comes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 01:12:30 PM »
Please get any questions you may have for this challenge answered before Monday when it goes live.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 02:15:24 AM »
Dumb question from me, I'm sure, but

Household Funds can only be increased by selling items that your household Sims have crafted or made using Plopsy, The Street Gallery, or a sales table

To me that reads that you have to use Plopsy, The Street Gallery or a sales table to craft or make objects by your household sims. Is that what you mean?

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 05:21:01 AM »
I can see how it can be read that way. Your household Sims craft or make items. The only way to increase household funds is to sell those items using Plopsy, The Street Gallery, or a sales table.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 06:13:03 AM »
Hi, @Deklitch  -- I know you lean towards Sims 3, so it would be great for you to jump into the Tournament again. Good luck if you do!

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 04:04:36 PM »
Checking -
I'm assuming that we need to keep creekside cabana's walls where they are.  Can we put the furniture in household inventory (no selling the furniture, but I'd like to move it out of the way)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 04:48:34 PM »
Checking -
I'm assuming that we need to keep creekside cabana's walls where they are.  Can we put the furniture in household inventory (no selling the furniture, but I'd like to move it out of the way)

Correct. No architectural changes. Moving furniture into household inventory is fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mom9

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 01:44:13 PM »
Your final score is the total of your Household Funds at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday of Week 1.
This Event Ends February 11

I just joined because I thought this challenge seemed cool.  So when does the challenge actually end?  I am confused because of the above quotes....  and 8 am is what time zone?

Thanks

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 02:11:58 PM »
Your final score is the total of your Household Funds at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday of Week 1.
This Event Ends February 11

I just joined because I thought this challenge seemed cool.  So when does the challenge actually end?  I am confused because of the above quotes....  and 8 am is what time zone?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. The challenge ends this coming Sunday night. Take a look towards the bottom of the rules for the purple dates. The 8 a.m. you refer to is in-game time, not your real-time zone. So, you can play your game file no later than February 11th, but as far as Sim time, you can only play until Day 5, 8 a.m. of Week 1. Just look at the in-game clock at the bottom of the UI. Hope that makes sense.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 11:09:05 AM »
My Sims finished with household funds of $354,751. I'm going to appreciate being at the top of the leaderboard, if only for a short time. This was a lot of fun.

Offline Mom9

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 12:34:34 PM »
how in the world, in 5 Sims days, did you make that much money doing crafts?  I thought I was doing pretty good making $5500..... LOL. and that was running my family rugged LOL

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 01:42:14 PM »
how in the world, in 5 Sims days, did you make that much money doing crafts?  I thought I was doing pretty good making $5500..... LOL. and that was running my family rugged LOL

Is your amount above your final score, or are you not finished yet? I'm just uncertain if you are posting your final score.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2024, 07:24:25 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your score soon. Good luck finishing up.

Offline kinseyam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2024, 03:36:27 PM »
My Sims finished with household funds of $241,149. This was fun!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2024, 06:30:42 AM »
All done. Frank Frazetta and crew finished up with 347,890 in household funds.

anything