Author Topic: External Drive  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
External Drive
« on: January 21, 2024, 04:57:02 PM »
Good afternoon. I had to purchase an external hard drive.  I got one because I ran out of space on my computers HD. So I plugged it in, transferred all of the Sims files.  It starts up and is fine, on the home screen, my saves are not there, but the file is in the folder.  Maybe I missed something, not sure. This is the only place I will go for help.  I would appreciate any feedback.  I really hate starting over, but if I must, I will.  I did do a repair on the game, restarted, but nothing.  Thank you.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: External Drive
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 05:17:18 PM »
If your save files are still in
[C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

It may be that they need to be renamed so that the game recognizes them. See the post linked below on how to recover/rename Save files.

How-To: Recover a Saved Game
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21519.msg387147#msg387147
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 05:20:40 PM »
I will try, have tried everything else. It should have been easy to just plug and play and of course move all folders over.  Thanks, will let you know what I find out, your the best.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 05:24:17 PM »
It should be as easy as moving over the files/folders, but sometimes the save files need to be renamed for some reason.  Not sure why that is. Do let me know if that helps. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything