Author Topic: New Year's Resolutions  (Read 12853 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
New Year's Resolutions
« on: December 21, 2023, 06:52:44 AM »
New Year's Resolutions

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

New Year, new Sim! Or, at least, an attempt to stick to the idea of being a better, more productive version of Sim-self. With the New Year Holiday, you'll assign resolutions to your Sims and see how many can be achieved before time runs out! Good luck, Simmers.

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • The Seasons expansion is required.
  • For Rent is allowed.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create as many Sims (all life states allowed) as you'd like. Relationship status is the player's choice.
  • Move the initial household into a home or lot. Furnished or unfurnished is player's choice. Open the calendar to add a holiday to the next day. The holiday must include 'Make Resolutions'.
  • Allow time to pass in-game until the Holiday begins.
  • Once the holiday begins, assign resolutions to Sims in your starting household.
  • Then, manage worlds to assign more resolutions to additional Sims.
  • Your setup is completed when you have assigned all Sims in households resolutions or the holiday ends, whichever happens first.
Once your setup is completed, note the in-game time. You have 72 Sim-hours to complete resolutions for as many Sims as possible.
For example, You begin playing on Tuesday at 7:02 am; your end time would be Friday at 7:02 am.
For some resolutions, you must have a Sim join scouts or the social media career before assigning a Sim the relevant resolution.
  • If the game fails to recognize that you have completed a resolution, you may still count it so long as you have completed it.

Resolutions

Get More Social Media Followers - Get at least 100 followers within a week to complete this resolution. (Requires The Sims 4 City Living) (Young adult and older)
Raise a Skill - Level up any skill within a week to complete this resolution. (Children and Older)
Complete an Aspiration Milestone - Complete a Milestone from a chosen Aspiration within a week to complete this resolution. (Children and older)
Get a Significant Other - Get a boyfriend or girlfriend within a week to complete this resolution. (Teens and older)
Write a Book - Write a book within a week to complete this resolution. (Teens and older)
Get Promoted - Get a promotion within a week to complete this resolution. (Teens and older)
Get Fit - Workout to get fit within a week to complete this resolution. (Teens and older)
Lose Weight - Lose weight by exercising and eating right within a week to complete this resolution. (Teens and older)
Become a Better Student - Increase this Sim's grade within a week to complete this resolution. (Children and Teens)
Get Promoted in Scouts - Get promoted as a Scout within a week to complete this resolution. (Children and Teens)

Scoring
Each resolution completed is worth one point.

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Completed Resolutions
mismck415
Elinoee292
LenaLJ214
SueDenim204
Vesper203
Rebelangel140
sdhoey125
Eighty8Keys116
sone86
Metropolis Man46
mariposa112734
Saltypaws14

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: New Year's Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 01:24:19 PM »
Question - just to be certain:
  • Only 1 resolution/sim?  If a single sim gains skills and gets a promotion, is it one point or two?  (And if they gain multiple skills, is it one point/skill?)
  • Is there any restriction on what resolution or unique resolutions?  Can I just have all of the sims choose "Write a book"?
  • Are we restricted to certain neighborhoods, or are all in game sims fair game

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 03:46:06 PM »
Question - just to be certain:
  • Only 1 resolution/sim?  If a single sim gains skills and gets a promotion, is it one point or two?  (And if they gain multiple skills, is it one point/skill?)
  • Is there any restriction on what resolution or unique resolutions?  Can I just have all of the sims choose "Write a book"?
  • Are we restricted to certain neighborhoods, or are all in game sims fair game

Thanks!

- if you finish assigning resolutions before the holiday is over and are able to have a Sim make another resolution that you complete, you may count both.

- we have decided resolutions are up to the player, you may use all the same resolutions or a variety.

- all in game sims are fair game.

Offline mydarlingqueen

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 02:12:08 AM »
Sounds fun! Quick question- can you do anything in between the time of setting the holiday and the time the holiday starts (instructions say allow time to pass in game until the holiday begins) but I wasn't sure if that meant do nothing during that wait or can you like get them jobs during that time, etc? Thanks!

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 04:59:40 PM »
Sounds fun! Quick question- can you do anything in between the time of setting the holiday and the time the holiday starts (instructions say allow time to pass in game until the holiday begins) but I wasn't sure if that meant do nothing during that wait or can you like get them jobs during that time, etc? Thanks!
I'm gonna say no to giving them a job; please refrain from doing anything that could contribute towards completing resolutions until after they are made.

Offline mydarlingqueen

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 10:57:16 PM »
Okay awesome thanks! I had a feeling but wanted to check! They are okay to do whatever free will tasks they choose to do, right? like cook a meal, etc?

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2023, 01:19:26 AM »
Okay awesome thanks! I had a feeling but wanted to check! They are okay to do whatever free will tasks they choose to do, right? like cook a meal, etc?
Yes, keeping needs met etc is perfectly fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 07:26:27 AM »
The 2024 Tournament season kicks off with this event in less than 48 hours, so please look over the rules one more time. Good luck, everyone. And Happy New Year. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 10:27:25 PM »
Ok, I guess I am up for the challenge.  Should be interesting, to say the least.    :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2023, 06:27:26 AM »
Ok, I guess I am up for the challenge.  Should be interesting, to say the least.    :)

Haha...did someone twist your arm to come back? ;) I know it's been a while for you. I did some snooping. This is the last time you were ranked...
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=380.msg4577.html#msg4577

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2023, 11:36:10 AM »
Umm, that was a while back.  You would have to dig that up, thanks, lol.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 04:14:40 PM »
If I understand the rules correctly. You can have SIMS who live in other households complete resolutions during the 72 hours, not just those in your household. Would that be correct?

If I have two SIMS complete "Write A Book," is that worth two points?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 05:17:21 PM »
If I understand the rules correctly. You can have SIMS who live in other households complete resolutions during the 72 hours, not just those in your household. Would that be correct?

If I have two SIMS complete "Write A Book," is that worth two points?

Yes, to both questions.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2024, 09:17:13 PM »
That was fun! Total Score: 34

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 01:08:40 AM »
That was interesting, to say the least.  My score is 14.  I could have done better, lol.