Author Topic: 24 Tasks for 2024  (Read 8046 times)

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
Re: 24 Tasks for 2024
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2024, 05:13:04 AM »
Was able to squeeze in enough human time to get this one finished. Last task was completed Wednesday of Week 1 at 10:13 AM — 4,453 minutes.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 05:42:02 AM »
I had a list of 24 tasks and I completed... most of them I guess.

Luckily, my Sims were more diligent and completed all of their tasks, in 4314 minutes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 04:11:39 PM »
If i was better at time management in real life maybe i would be even better at time management ingame also. (When first looking at the ruleset i thought this could be done in 2-3 sim days, but maybe my thoughts where to ambitious.)

The last task was completed at Week 1, Wednesday 11:01 AM which results in 4501 minutes.

Offline jewels129

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2024, 06:54:01 PM »
16265 minutes

Yes you read that right. Can’t wait to read how everyone finished it so much faster.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 06:55:22 PM »
Fun challenge! I finished the last task on Week 1, Monday, 9:53 AM. That equals 1553 minutes.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2024, 07:11:27 PM »
Fun challenge! I finished the last task on Week 1, Monday, 9:53 AM. That equals 1553 minutes.

Wow! Great score. Assuming no one tops that -- you'll be expected to provide a detailed strategy breakdown tomorrow after I close the event. Take a look at what mismck wrote for the last event to get an idea.

-----------

EDIT: I am hoping you did not go off the 2023 General Rules incorrectly linked. That allows the Social Bunny app. The Social Bunny app is banned this year. Let the team know if you did.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2024, 07:57:06 PM »
Thanks! Fortunately, I don't have the High School Years EP, so no chance of accidentally using the social bunny app :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2024, 08:01:27 PM »
Thanks! Fortunately, I don't have the High School Years EP, so no chance of accidentally using the social bunny app :)

Whew! Okay, I feel like I dodged a bullet. Lol. I'm not sure how many more scores will come in tonight. I guess Vesper is sitting this out...it's just after midnight in the U.K.
I am looking forward to reading your write-up tomorrow. And welcome to the forum. It's always great having new competitors.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2024, 11:26:28 PM »
Remember that one time that your commute to work was only 14 minutes and now you think "I've got plenty of time, it's only 14 minutes to work," when in the world of reality, it's 45 minutes to an hour.

Yeah.

Twenty Four (and household) finished in 9708 minutes.  (Very early Sunday morning)

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2024, 02:58:10 AM »
My run turned into a minor disaster, lol

Finished on Friday week one 6:03PM for a score of 7809.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2024, 06:28:41 AM »
This challenge is now closed.

@Rebelangel - before I officially declare you the winner, the team will need you to detail in this thread how you tackled each task. Walk everyone through the timeline -- what you did first, what Sims you brought into the household, etc. The sooner you make your post, the sooner I can get to the World Ranking to update it. Thank you so much.

Everyone else, please hold off on posting your strategy.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2024, 09:26:35 AM »
My overall strategy was two-fold: add the townies to the household that were closest to completing the longer tasks and micromanage like crazy.

The first part was a "set up" to get the right sims in the household and complete the rosebud achievement. My starting sim (named Number 24) was a spellcaster who had the traits 1) bookworm, 2) materialistic, 3) animal lover. The first two were so I could screen out townies for my club, and the last was so this sim could befriend 4 animals faster. I moved in Number 24 to bargain bend, made it a tiny home, and created club with the following sims who would also join my household, Darrel Charm (bookworm), Yasmin Tinker (bookworm), Thomas Watson (materialistic), Judith Ward (materialistic). Number 24 then befriended them. At various points, I swapped in Eric Lewis, a landgraab, and Jacques Villarel into the club and befriended them as well. I then moved in Darrel, Yasmin, Thomas, Judith (plus Gemma Ward and Maira Watson, who both start with B grades in school). I also moved the combined the household with the Lewis/Langraab/Villarel lots in sucession to add their money the household income (for the Rosebud milestone). Along the way, one of the sims met Ekram Elderberry, and he was swapped in for Maira Watson (I'll described more below). The final person added was Judith Ward, because her house is 3 windows away from the mansion baron aspiration, so once I added in those windows, everyone in the household got a good chunk of aspiration points to purchase traits to assist in their respective tasks. Finally, the household was moved to the vacant lot in the vampire world, again which was made a tiny home residential. In all, this took roughly 4-6 sim hours.

The second part was doing the tasks. I'll describe them in the rough order finished:
1. Have 200K (finished in set up)
2. Acquire 1000 SM followers (Judith streaming with a drone - she gets 250 per notification)
3. Earn 3 career rewards (Darrel bought connections and cycled through a couple jobs to get 3 career rewards)
4. Get married (Darrel invited over Emilia Ernst, whom he's engaged to, and got married)
5. Woohoo in four locations (Darrel woohooed with Emilia Ernst in four different locations - bed, closet, shower, and tent)
6. Emotional sculptures (Gemma leveled up handiness to level 2, and used flirty + playful lamps to get those sculptures + Number 24 cast the despairo charm to make her sad. Thomas, who was a hot head, made the angry sculpture, after being riled up by Darrell, getting the hothead angry moodlet, and setting an angry vibe to the club)
7. Repair + Upgrade an item (Darrel broke a toilet with zipzap, and Gemma repaired and upgraded it)
8. Befriend 2 occult (Number 24 befriended Darrel + Caleb Vatore, who swung by since the household lived in Forgotten Hollow)
9. Befriend 4 unique animals (Number 24 befriended a llama, cow, chicken, and a rat)
10. Spend 10 hours exercising (Tomas spent the bulk of the first day accomplishing this)
11. Paint a masterpiece (Judith bought the creative visionary reward trait, home lot was set to home studio + natural light, she leveled up her painting skill and eventually painted a masterpiece using the virtual easel which is faster than the regular easel)
12. Have a toddler get to level 3 in all skills (immediately after moving to the vampire world, Number 24 adopted a toddler, Eve, and hired a nanny, who helped Eve level up all skills. Thinking -> "watch" action, potty -> potty, movement -> "play" action, imagination -> toddler tent, communication -> bear stuffed animal)
13. Catch a rare fish (Ekram, who started at level 8 fishing, caught a vampire squid in one of the fishing spots in the vampire world)
14. Write a bestseller (Yasmin, who started at level 8 writing, purchased the creative visionary reward trait. While the lot trait was set to home studio and she was very inspired, she wrote only children's books. On the second attempt, the book was a bestseller)
15. Make 10 Unique Excellent Meals (Once Darrell + Thomas were finished with their first tasks, they both cooked in separate kitchens, (with locked doors, so they didn't try to use each other's stoves). Not that it really matters, but the excellent dishes they made were: Grilled cheese, eggs & toast, Faux BLT, Mac & Cheese, Garden Salad, Minced noodles, Paleek Paneer, Butternut Gnocchi, Garlic Noodles, Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
16. Max two different skills (I had to max multiple to get 500 Achievement points, below, but the first two were writing (Yasmin) and cooking (Thomas)
17. Graft a plant (The first thing Thomas did was plant some fast growing plants for the grafting. Since i set the season to summer, he planted green beans. Thomas starts at level 5 gardening, so he was able to take a shoot once there was a mature plant in the area, and it was only a matter of waiting for the green beans to reach maturity)
18. Purchase at least 24 unique perks (As soon as Judith painted her masterpiece, she booked a celebrity cleanse, which reset her 10 fame points, which were used to buy 10 fame perks. Number 24 had acquired 1 spellcaster perk point from trying to learn despairo, and I had the other sims create separate clubs so they could buy different 100 point club perks, which is the default amount of points that a new club starts with. In total there are 15 or 16 of these, so I got enough so that I had 24 across these three sources)
19. Have two different school-aged children get an A (Maira, as soon as she was moved in, made a wish in the Wishing Well for better grades, and out of pure luck got her wish granted on the first try. Once this happened, I moved her into the Spencer/Kim household in the setup phase, freeing up a slot for Ekram. Gemma also wished 3 times for better grades in the Wishing Well (8 hr cooldown), but was unsuccessful each time. To complete this task, I had to move in Darleen Walsh (after Judith came back from her celebrity cleanse). Darleen also starts with a B, and luckily, she got her wish granted on the first try. I did learn in this process that Rohan Elderberry starts with an A . . . so this was not the most efficient method of completing this task)
20. Throw a gold medal party (I intentionally held off on this one because I didn't want the +3 confident moodlet for the household. Number 24 had a great reputation by this point. She held a dinner party, where using one of the meals Thomas/Darrel cooked, called everyone to eat, which boosted the party into gold)
21. Steal an item worth $1000 (The first thing Darrel did was teach himself Burgulariate, since he's the only in-game spellcaster at the right level to learn that spell. This took some time, but he comes with the perks to speed up the experimentation process. He traveled to the museum in Selvadora and stole the golden omicasan plate on display)
22. Acquire two unique items from vacation (The first item was the gold plate, above. The second item was an insect that Darrel burgulariated from the nature house in the national park in Granite Falls)
23. Find six different types of collectibles (found more than six here, but when sims had spare capacity, they went search for collectibles and found: a frog, a mysims trophy, a plant, a fish, the holiday crack plushie + the insect / omicasan treasure from the vacation worlds)
24. Rank up at least 500 Achievement points (This was the slowest to complete. I completed Rosebud, the most interesting sim in the world, some of the easy 10 pointers (e.g., bladder failure on a date and with 5+ toilets). The other points came from the household trying to level up a skill to level 10 - writing (Yasmin), cooking (Thomas), gourmet cooking (Darrel), Fishing (Ekram), photography (Number 24), charisma (number 24), comedy (Thomas)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2024, 09:54:53 AM »
Thanks, @Rebelangel. That was very detailed. Congratulations on your victory.

Everyone is now free to post their strategies and provide other feedback.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2024, 06:46:56 PM »
Congratulations, Rebelangel, with an awesome score! I knew it could be done faster than I did, because I had inefficiencies, but I didn't know it could be done that much faster.

There were various differences between our strategies, but I think the main one was that you actively moved household members out, and new ones in, where I just filled the household once and let everybody stay.

My household consisted of Isabel (CAS Sim), Supriya, Pierce and Evie Delgato, Anaya and Billie Jang, Judith Ward and Minerva Charm. I wanted to move in Simeon Silversweater, but it seems to be impossible now to move in a sage, even when you marry him. And yes, I found that out in the scoring file and not in a test.
I did also play mainly on the vacant lot in Forgotten Hollow, in a tiny house.

1. Have 200K: Judith's money took care of this (and I also got the aspiration points for everyone with her house.
2. Acquire 1000 SM followers: Judith handled this as well
3. Earn 3 career rewards: Connections - and then just joining the Astronaut career is enough. Anaya also came with career rewards, but I wasn't sure if I could count them.
4. Get married: Isabel romanced and married Simeon, but he still refused to move in.
5. Woohoo in four locations: Anaya and Baako were in the shower, the observatorium, a bush and a tent.
6. Emotional sculptures: Isabel was able to do playful and flirty with decorations and shower / bath. Everyone had too many positive moodlets by the time I did this, so sad and angry were trickier. But Minerva was lonely and with an emotional surge made a sad sculpture, and an aged up Pierce Delgato did the angry one.
7. Repair + Upgrade an item: Group effort: Judith broke a computer, Minerva repaired it, and Isabel upgraded it (one of the Eco living upgrades that doesn't require high handiness skill.
8. Befriend 2 occult: Simeon and Minerva as Spellcasters - and Judith turned into a Mermaid (this is apparently becoming a thing in my challenge games) and other household members were friends with her. My initial plan with the mermaid is to call for fish to help with the rare fish. But in the end, I did that before the transformation.
9. Befriend 4 unique animals: Supriya was already friends with a cat and a dog. The kids befriended a chicken and a hedgehog.
10. Spend 10 hours exercising: Judith spent some time doing this.
11. Paint a masterpiece: Anaya accomplished this pretty quickly.
12. Have a toddler get to level 3 in all skills: Evie Delgato already has some skills, so this didn't take very long.
13. Catch a rare fish: excellent fishing spot in Forgotten Hollow. The children all went fishing together after they got their grades up, until Billie caught a bat fish.
14. Write a bestseller: Isabel was locked into a room for a while with a computer and lots of inspired decor.
15. Make 10 Unique Excellent Meals: Supriya knocked them out pretty easily in the beginning whenever she wasn't busy with Evie.
16. Max two different skills: initially cooking and painting.
17. Graft a plant: I planted some herbs in the beginning, then Supriya leveled her gardening to level 5.
18. Purchase at least 24 unique perks: Judith did a celebrity cleanse, and Minerva drank a potion, so they could purchase their Fame/Spellcaster perks again. The rest were club perks.
19. Have two different school-aged children get an A: Billie already had an A, and Pierce had a B. With homework and a school project done, good school lot trait and a good mood he got to A in one day.
20. Throw a gold medal party: Kava "housewarming" party. I tried and failed to get the Speed Dating achievement during this, which made it take longer than necessary.
21. Steal an item worth $1000: I made a very small club (2 members) with stealing as an activity, and then visited the Willow Creek museum.
22. Acquire two unique items from vacation: Just going to Selvadorado is enough, since you get some jungle supplies on arrival.
23. Find six different types of collectibles: I think these were treasure (from Kava party), metal, fossil, produce, fish and space print.
24. Rank up at least 500 Achievement points: mostly skills, with a few others thrown in such as Knock Knock. The most interesting Sim in the world would not trigger for me, despite having more than 12 traits - oh well. On Tuesday, there was a GeekCon which I made use of for skilling and the 50 mile high club (5th location). I used the wishing well to wish for a promotion for Anaya, but without succes. The others wished for skills and the final achievement points were from the maxed violin skill granted by the well.

Offline Rebelangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2024, 08:00:14 PM »
Interesting, we had very similar strategies! Nandarelle, I had the same issue with the most interesting sim in the world not unlocking initially. After some googling, I discovered that there may be a bug where some of the DLC traits don't count towards the twelve, and it did unlock when I stuck to purchasing only base game traits (on a second sim).