Author Topic: 24 Tasks for 2024  (Read 8041 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
24 Tasks for 2024
« on: December 21, 2023, 06:50:48 AM »
24 Tasks for 2024

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

It's the beginning of 2024. Your household members are rarin' to go, so the team has created 24 tasks they need to accomplish as quickly as possible. It is a straightforward challenge with few restrictions, but the catch will be for you to decide who to invite or which households to join to quickly assist with your tasks.

Challenge Rules

• Remember, the General Rules apply to all Tournament challenges. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 1 Young Adult Sim (all life states allowed).
  • Your CAS Sim must always remain in the household.
  • Moving the household may only happen in Live Mode - no using the Household Management screen.
  • This challenge concludes when all 24 tasks listed below are complete.
  • If your CAS Sim dies before all 24 tasks are finished, post a DNF.

Tasks and Scoring

Below are the 24 tasks for your household members to complete. All household members can help out. When you finish your 24th task, jot down the Week, Day, and Hour, and enter the info into the spreadsheet (Make a copy) to post your total minutes.

Paint a Masterpiece                                      Get Married
Make 10 Unique Excellent Meals                                      Write a Bestseller
Acquire two unique items from a vacation                                      Two different school-aged children need to get an A
Earn three different career rewards                                      Max two different skills
Steal an Item Worth at least §1000                                      Repair a Broken Item and then Upgrade it
Make Friends with two Different Type Occult Sims                                      Acquire 1000 Social Media Followers
Throw a Gold Medal Party                                      Rack Up at least 500 Achievement Points
Have a Toddler get level 3 in all skills                                      Find Six Different types of collectibles
Woohoo in Four different places                                      Graft a Plant
Catch a Rare Fish                                      Have §200K Simoleans
Purchase at least 24 unique perks                                      Create Four unique Emotional Sculptures
Spend 10 hours exercising                                      Befriend 4 unique Animals

A Few Additional Specifics:
The team does not want to edit and change the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else, we may ask affected players to redo their efforts.

If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can post your questions in this thread, or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

The winner will be announced on Monday following the closing date below. Once the event has closed, everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, and the winner is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Minutes
Rebelangel1553
Nanadarelle4314
mismck4453
LenaLJ4501
Elinoee4818
Metropolis Man7338
sone7809
jewels12916265
mariposa1127DNF
SueDenimDNF

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 24 Tasks for 2024
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 07:07:51 AM »
This challenge starts tomorrow, so get your last-minute questions answered soon. Good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 07:05:36 PM »
"Acquire two items unique to a vacation"

Does this mean items that can only be found in vacation worlds?
Would things count that are from vacation worlds but can be gained via other means e.g. artifacts?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 07:23:08 PM »
"Acquire two items unique to a vacation"

Does this mean items that can only be found in vacation worlds?

Hi, Vesper. :) Yes, the items can only be acquired from a vacation world.

Would things count that are from vacation worlds but can be gained via other means e.g. artifacts?

No. You would have to go on vacation to obtain your two items. I will clarify.

EDIT:

Acquire two unique items from a vacation   

@LenaLJ -- please change the wording of the spreadsheet.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 06:24:18 AM »
sorry - my question wasn't clear. I understand that you need to get the items from vacation but am concerned about the "unique" part. So would it count getting an artifact for one of the items while on holiday in Selvadorada knowing that it could also be obtained at home?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 07:36:05 AM »
sorry - my question wasn't clear. I understand that you need to get the items from vacation but am concerned about the "unique" part. So would it count getting an artifact for one of the items while on holiday in Selvadorada knowing that it could also be obtained at home?

Oh, that's fine. The "unique" wording refers to the items being different. In other words, two identical artifacts would not qualify. But two different (unique) artifacts would be fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2024, 01:09:39 PM »
I took a brief break from my Shop Titans gaming to knock this out on this frigid Illinois day (-10 degrees as I post this). I finished this on Week 1, Day 6, 10:18 a.m. So, I can enjoy 1st place until the very next person posts their score, and I make my descent down the leaderboard.

7338 minutes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 05:02:02 PM »
Great challenge for 2024, I really liked it  :)

Finally finished it on Week 1, Day 4 , 04:18 p.m, which makes 4818 minutes according to the spreadsheet.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 06:17:30 PM »
Glad you liked it, @Elinoee

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 03:59:15 PM »
Do the tasks need to be accomplished in the household?
Or, if a new household member has for instance, already maxed a skill or befriended a supernatural, can we count that as well?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 06:03:10 PM »
Do the tasks need to be accomplished in the household?
Or, if a new household member has for instance, already maxed a skill or befriended a supernatural, can we count that as well?

All the tasks are accomplished in the household because you can't check them off your list until you bring someone in who fulfills the task. But I understand your point. Some tasks can be completed instantly after you target a key person to bring in.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 09:45:52 PM »
Hi, I don't know if I'll have time to finish this or not, but I'm going to try.  I have a question about the task to "Purchase at least 24 unique perks".  Which type of perks is this referring to? In my game there are retail perks, club perks, fame perks, and some occults have perks (vampires, spellcasters, and werewolves).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 07:10:45 AM »
Hi, I don't know if I'll have time to finish this or not, but I'm going to try.  I have a question about the task to "Purchase at least 24 unique perks".  Which type of perks is this referring to? In my game there are retail perks, club perks, fame perks, and some occults have perks (vampires, spellcasters, and werewolves).

Make certain what you are purchasing is a "perk." The Vampire ones are called powers and would not qualify. The spellcaster ones are called perks. But, as long as something is tagged a perk in the game, all types of perks qualify.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 03:19:38 PM »
DNF for me.  I misread the rules. I thought 24 perks meant the potions and rewards you get from satisfaction points.  With my work schedule, I won't be able to fix my mistake and finish the challenge by January 21st.

I will try again independently because I think finishing would be a fun challenge. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 06:18:46 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so post your scores soon. Good luck finishing up.