Author Topic: The Sims 4 Simology Dynasty  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Simology Dynasty
« on: November 09, 2023, 11:28:05 AM »
The Sims 4 Simology Dynasty

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Welcome to the Simology Dynasty. As the title implies, the heart of this challenge is the Simology tab: milestones and traits. The Simology Dynasty will be the forum's 15th rendition of the beloved annual challenge and the 10th Sims 4 Dynasty, so those numbers appear in the rules and scoring. The team worked hard to make this special event challenging and straightforward with few restrictions. Play as you want to play.

Challenge Rules

• The General Rules that apply to all Tournament challenges also apply to this Dynasty. Exceptions may be noted below.
  • Environment and pack settings = player's choice.
  • Neighborhood Stories settings = player's choice.
  • The Growing Together expansion is required.
  • In CAS (no Story Mode), create 2 Young Adult Sims (all life states allowed). Relationship status is the player's choice.
  • Moving the household may only happen in Live Mode - no using the Household Management screen.
  • Participants in the 2023 Challenge Tournament Finale may continue their file to push for a Dynasty Hall of Fame induction.

Scoring and the Dynasty Hall of Fame

Scoring is mainly reserved for Tournament challenges and not Dynasties. However, for this particular Dynasty centered around accumulating points, you need to acquire a minimum threshold of points to enter the Dynasty Hall of Fame. And you will need to do so within a set time limit.

All traits are worth 1 point.
All Milestones are worth 3 points.

Any household death or a Sim moving out hits you with a 15-point penalty.

Perfect 10 Bonus - This is an optional bonus that one of your founders can tackle. If that founder accomplishes ten traits and ten milestones on your spreadsheet in your first ten days of play (pause your game at Week 2, Day 4, 8 a.m.), you earn an extra 10 points. Only traits and milestones earned after starting Live mode count.

Fabulous 15 Bonus - This is an optional bonus your other founder could tackle. If that founder checks off 15 traits and 15 milestones (all different from Perfect 10 traits/milestones) on your spreadsheet in your first 15 days of play (pause your game at Week 3, Day 2, 8 a.m.), you earn an extra 15 points. Only traits and milestones earned after starting Live mode count.

Starting Museum - This is another optional bonus with restrictions. The spreadsheet will have a separate box for you to list a maximum of 15 placeable items, either earned or created. Enter the value of each item, and the spreadsheet will then calculate the number of points the museum adds to your total. There can be overlap in the items submitted (i.e., you may offer more than one book or painting), but any given household member can only place one museum item. Each item must be the sole responsibility of one Sim (no helping from others). The Starting Museum "closes" after five weeks of play (Week 6, Day 1, 8 a.m.).

Final Museum - As you begin your 6th week, you have one last optional bonus with restrictions -- another museum. No Starting Museum contributors can contribute to the Final Museum. Like the Starting Museum, the Final Museum is also capped at 15 contributors. The difference between the Final Museum and the Starting Museum is that each contributing Sim can now donate two items. The Final Museum "closes" after ten weeks of play (Week 11, Day 1, 8 a.m.).

Household Simology Final Points: If you are shooting for the Hall of Fame, pause your game at Week 11, Day 1, 8 a.m., and note your score via your copy of the spreadsheet. Mark off all the trait and milestone cells (Yes/No) your household acquired. Add the names of household members who died or were moved out, and the spreadsheet will deduct 15 points for each line. 

Dynasty Hall of Fame: Any player acquiring 500 points in 10 weeks will qualify for Hall of Fame entry. You can continue to play your file as long as you wish and accumulate additional points.

This Dynasty goes Live November 20

Player                            Household Simology Final Points
????

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Simology Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 11:47:10 AM »
So, the 2023 Tournament Finale ended last night, and two players topped 500 points. I'm guessing that both players were able to play the full five Sim weeks. After posting their scores, most of the other players mentioned that they could not play the full time due to real-life stuff. Bottom line: as of now, the 500-point requirement to get into the Dynasty Hall of Fame seems fair, given Dynasty players have ten weeks of play to attain their HOF requirement.

This Dynasty goes live one week from today, so if you have questions, now is the time to clear anything up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 06:51:51 PM »
When will the spreadsheet open up?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 06:59:09 PM »

Open up? Do you mean when you can use it to practice? If so, right now. The link should work. Just make a copy.

And hi, Shan *waves* :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 07:07:53 PM »

Open up? Do you mean when you can use it to practice? If so, right now. The link should work. Just make a copy.

And hi, Shan *waves* :)

*waves* Hi ole man. taken your meds?

This is what I'm getting with the spread sheet:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 07:30:48 PM »
I let the team know, Shan. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 08:32:11 AM »
It should be fixed now

(I literally hate Google Sheets lol)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 08:47:17 AM »
It should be fixed now

Thanks 😊 you are the best Teresa

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
It should be fixed now

Thanks 😊 you are the best Teresa

I second that opinion. :)

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 08:19:10 AM »
Hi there!
The second museum is really a nice addition for the dynasty  :D

But I just noticed that the spreadsheet doesn't work well with the deaths/moveouts : it doesn't give -15 points malus per death but 1 point bonus.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 11:40:04 AM »
Hi there!
The second museum is really a nice addition for the dynasty  :D

But I just noticed that the spreadsheet doesn't work well with the deaths/moveouts : it doesn't give -15 points malus per death but 1 point bonus.

Hi

I just checked through the spreadsheet, and it gives -15 points per death as its supposed to.
Where are you seeing it gives a bonus point?

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 10:14:46 AM »
@LenaLJ , as I type the number of deaths, for example 2 deaths, it gives me 1 point for each death.
But I think I did not understand that we must type -15 for each death and not the number of deaths...sorry!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2023, 10:17:32 AM »
@LenaLJ , as I type the number of deaths, for example 2 deaths, it gives me 1 point for each death.
But I think I did not understand that we must type -15 for each death and not the number of deaths...sorry!

You should not type in the numbers yourself at all.
If you type in the name for the sim that moved out or died in the box with the blue/grey header then the spreadsheet will count -15 point to the score for each name you add.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023, 02:08:58 PM »
OK, thank you @LenaLJ   :)