Author Topic: PC Vs. PS Vs. Xbox  (Read 1747 times)

Offline poppitt18

• Nooboo
PC Vs. PS Vs. Xbox
« on: October 17, 2023, 03:41:48 PM »
Hi all 👋🏻

I'm a new member. I currently have no console. I used to play on ps4 around 5 years ago. I'm missing it so much. Im enjoying watching people's builds on YouTube. Christmas is coming 🎄 and although its more practical to buy a new phone. I Always had a ps growing up. I got to play on an xbox during lockdown.

Basically my question is (2 parts)

1. Which is best for gameplay? Console or pc?

2. If i bought an EA pass for pc 🖥 then got a console 🎮 would they be transferable?

Many thanks 😊

Happy simming

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: PC Vs. PS Vs. Xbox
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »
I am not sure which is better gameplay wise. If you're more used to playing games on console, it might be easier to play that way.

It maybe more fun to play on pc due to being able to play with mods, custom content and cheats. You cannot play with mods and custom content on the console version. PlayStation does not allow for that. Not sure about Xbox.

Transferable saves:

If on PlayStation = No.
If on Xbox = Not sure.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline poppitt18

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 05:53:50 PM »
Thanks for the info. I used cheats on ps.
What are mods and custom content?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 07:15:50 PM »
Here's an article on help.ea that can explain better what mods and custom content are.

The Sims 4 - Mods and game updates
https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 06:05:14 AM »
PC is best. It isn't close/ Packs come out buggy and modders often have fixes before EA. Mods are slow to put on Cursed forge and Many never will be. Mods and CC are the life blood of the game. I couldn't play without the mods out there for more than a few weeks without mods tp add to the game. Also consoles have additional bugs. Honestly I feel for those using consoles to play

Offline poppitt18

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 07:11:36 PM »
hi

so where would i find mods or CC?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 11:23:07 PM »
hi

so where would i find mods or CC?
Tons of them on CurseForge.  That's a good place to start.
Loads of CC on The Sims Resource.
Patreon.com, and search for The Sims 4.  Be aware that some Patreon content may be of an adult nature.  Many creators have both paywalled and free content on Patreon.
Mods of an adult nature can be found on Lover's Lab.  LL also pays for itself with ads, most of which are also of an adult nature.  Just so you know.

The distinction between "mods" and "CC"?  A mod changes or adds to gameplay in some way.  CC is generally just cosmetic: new clothes, hairstyles, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything