Author Topic: Home Chef Hustle: Stuck on the Market Magnate's third milestone  (Read 3937 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Home Chef Hustle: Stuck on the Market Magnate's third milestone
« on: October 06, 2023, 07:48:58 PM »
My sim is a Creative Foodie with the Stoves & Grills Master reward trait.
He's completed the Appliance Wiz aspiration but can't complete the Market Magnate aspiration.
Spefically, there's the task to "Sell a poor-quality item for $100."
My food stand sim only makes Excellent-quality food, thanks to his traits.
After several tries, his twin with zero cooking skill finally cooked poor-quality waffles but they only sold for $20 apiece at 300% markup.

So, the poor-quality item needs to have a base price of $25 to sell for $100 at 300% markup, but where to get one?
Have any of you completed this task?

I've been thinking of possible ways to complete this task:
*Leave the waffle iron and pizza oven on your food stand, wait for a townie to cook bad waffles/pizza, then collect to sell at your stand
  (This could take forever...)
*Find a restaurant on the Gallery that uses F-quality ingredients, order, move the bad dish to your sim's inventory, then sell it at the food stand
  (I recall a restaurant from the Murkland Challenge by Brennachan that only sold pufferfish nigiri using F-quality ingredients)
Edited this post to add:
**Make a club and set Cooking as a preferred club activity and hope that one of the members will cook something worth $25 a serving.

*Other ideas?

If you've completed this task, I'd love to know how you did it! <3

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Home Chef Hustle: Stuck on the Market Magnate's third milestone
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 09:16:56 PM »
I can't find if this is a bug or not. The bug report thread at answers.ea doesn't have this stuff pack on it's list and there's not many reports of bugs ?? with this stuff pack that I am seeing.

Sounds like you've got the right idea - Try the 3rd milestone with a low cooking skill. Have them cook while feeling uncomfortable or very uncomfortable.

If after a few tries you're still not getting it. It might be worth reporting?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 09:24:05 AM »
MrsFlynn
Thank you for digging around on this aspiration task.
Another option that occurred to me this morning:
*Make a club and set Cooking as a preferred club activity and hope that one of the members will cook something worth $25 a serving.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 12:34:34 PM »
If you can think of a way to get your sim into a Dazed mood their cooking should be poor too.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 02:05:41 PM »
If you can think of a way to get your sim into a Dazed mood their cooking should be poor too.

Thank you, @Brian_Z !
That's how my sim got his twin to prepare a poor-quality waffle dish.
Failing a repair works but only randomly.  A surefire way for a sim to get Dazed would be to drink too much Kava.

I will try it with my Food vendor sim, but worry that his Essence of Flavor and Stoves & Grills Master traits will override the effect of the Dazed mood.
I'll playtest this and report back. :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 02:41:28 PM »
I love the club idea!! I also like Brian's idea too. Not sure if there's a way to combine the ideas? Looking forward to your playtest report. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »
There is. keep making Kava and have call everyone for a drink.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 06:07:55 PM »
So I figured out how to complete this goal.
Reminder: My sim is a teen with Cooking 10, Gourmet Cooking 10, Baking 8, plus the Stoves & Grills Master reward trait.
                He bought the worst-quality stove and fridge and also bought an extra pizza oven (b/c his were already upgraded).

Very Uncomfortable
My teen sim ate 2 servings of spoiled food and drank 2 Potions of Nausea, then swang in a swing set until he felt Very Uncomfortable.
Next, he cooked some waffles, some pizza, and Baked Alaska, all of which were either Normal or Excellent.

Dazed with Kava Juice
Haha, my sims is a teen so we bought the Kava Bowls then remembered teens can't drink Kava Juice.

Dazed with Nectar
My sim got some bottled nectar from harvesting Prairie Grass in Chestnut Ridge, then drank 4 servings of one of the bottles, making him Dazed.
He proceeded to make Normal Baked Alaska x1, Normal Quattro Stagioni Pizza x1, and POOR Baked Alaska x1.
Excellent Baked Alaska typically sells for over $1.7k apiece, so selling poor Baked Alaska easily completed the goal.

So, yeah, Dazed worked for my sim, but Very Uncomfortable did not.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 01:22:16 AM »
Thank you for the update!! I'm happy to hear you were able to complete the goal!! :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2023, 11:42:11 AM »
Thank you for the update!! I'm happy to hear you were able to complete the goal!! :)

I completed this aspiration yesterday with my remaining task to "Resurrect a ghost by selling Ambosia (to the ghost)" goal.
It took me several real-life days to figure out how to complete the "Sell a poor-quality item for $100" and the Resurrect tasks.  It was so much fun!

Thanks to you all for brainstorming with me!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 07:04:05 PM »
You're welcome!! It was fun getting to help brainstorm. :)

anything