Author Topic: The Banwell SimTech Dynasty: Complete (3-Dec)  (Read 19291 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 8: Cowplant Mockery (1-Oct)
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2023, 02:31:05 AM »
Well, that was super quick work of the Mid-Tech era!
I'd been wondering if you'd complete this dynasty before your trip!  :D

I was momentarily sad about Taranos moving out but Matthew is just as attractive without the whole philanderer bit.
Great job getting the whole household to work together, Watcher!
I too was sad to lose Taranos and I felt bad about him having 3 baby-mamas that Hate Children but I might sort that out one way or another if I can.
As you say, Matthew is as dreamy if not more so. If the More Tech Era is as quick as this one, he might stay a teen forever but time will tell.

Yayfor Taranos making off with his first love. It was a very quick Mid-Tech era. Looking forward to More Tech!
Elle isn't the best of Taranos' paramour, being a Glutton, but she was his first crush and she was so sad after losing both parents. There's already a bassinet placed in her home so I'm hopeful of nooboos. Hilda did suggest it to him but he said they weren't ready, lol.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Welcome to the More Tech Era
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2023, 09:13:24 AM »
Welcome to the More Tech Era

The More Tech Era ruleset can be found here

L-to-R: Belle, Hilda, Cherry holding Henry, Chad, Imran, Matthew
More.Family.jpg

We are in Britain of the 1920s and early 1930s. World War I is becoming a distant memory although a large proportion of the male population was lost. It seems inconceivable that more war is on the way.

British colonialism has passed its peak and many colonies have been granted autonomy. The rise of Germany and the US has started to overshadow Britain’s place on the world stage.

Women have the vote but are still dependent on male incomes. Divorce and pregnancy out of wedlock is seen as scandalous but becoming more frequent.

The Middle class – professional people – were established in the ambitious moralistic Victorian era with money to afford staff. Despite soaring unemployment, those with jobs are comfortably off. Many households have an electricity supply.

Britain is still strongly Christian but faith is often a purely social activity and restricted to Sundays. Church services are firmly still in the Victorian era and will remain so for some time to come. Schools, orphanages, hospitals and welfare services set up by churches are moving towards secular management.

A new era of home entertainment comes when BBC radio is launched in 1922 and television in 1932. Hollywood glamour is viewed from afar while the British movie industry operates on a smaller budget. Jazz has made its way over from America but thankfully prohibition has not.

Clothing

Women can wear trousers and daringly display ankles with minimal censure. Their hair is often short with Marcel waves. Unflirty Belle has alternate, more masculine attire, a not-uncommon occurrence. Men wear suits most of the time.
Hilda & Chad have taken up golfing, Imran and Matthew are members of the local cricket team and the younger women play a gentle game of tennis.

Chad
More Wardrobe Chad.jpg

Hilda
More Wardrobe Hilda.jpg

Cherry
More Wardrobe Cherry.jpg

Imran
More Wardrobe Imran.jpg

Belle
More Wardrobe Belle.jpg

Matthew
More Wardrobe Matthew.jpg

Feminine CC clothing and cloche hats by Lonely Boy, KiaraZurk, Doubleplumbob and Christoper067. The masculine clothing was from in-game apart from the sports trousers (plus fours etc) by Waxes Nostalgic. All hair styles are in-game.

Buildings

The suburbs are being started with multiples of one design. But those with money can go all out in the latest Art Deco style – clean lines and simple designs replacing the romantic florals of Art Nouveau.

Our family has commissioned a copy of Cypress Gardens, the Spencer-Kim house, to be placed for them, unfurnished, in the Pendula View neighbourhood of Willow Creek. They have moved in with their existing belongings but those will be replaced by a la mode items as funds allow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to the More Tech Era (2-Oct)
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2023, 10:15:30 AM »
All the new Banwell wardrobes are great!
I especially love Cherry's brown outfit with the fur trimming and light turquoise cloche!
I like her flappe-esque outfit, too!
You know that once you start using cc, it's hard to go back, right?
Welcome to the dark side, Watcher. We haz cookies! 

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2023, 12:24:59 PM »
I especially love Cherry's brown outfit with the fur trimming and light turquoise cloche!
It was impossible to resist for this challenge. I have found a lot of expired links which is frustrating but generally it's a lot of fun.

It won't be necessary for the next/last era but, if I get my act together, there might be a surprise outfit.

You've lured me in this far but no mods. I repeat - no mods!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2023, 12:35:35 PM »
It was impossible to resist for this challenge. I have found a lot of expired links which is frustrating but generally it's a lot of fun.

It won't be necessary for the next/last era but, if I get my act together, there might be a surprise outfit.

You've lured me in this far but no mods. I repeat - no mods!
Famous last words. Hehehe
Also, this forum's dynasty challenges prohibit the use of most mods, so...

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2023, 04:27:33 PM »
Bare ankles, bare knees and bare shoulders! Such progress!
You did a beautiful job of outfitting your crew.

I stayed away from cc for a long time myself, but once you start, there's just so much good stuff! I find that I now have as much home cc as I have CAS cc.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2023, 02:16:13 AM »
Bare ankles, bare knees and bare shoulders! Such progress!
You did a beautiful job of outfitting your crew.

I stayed away from cc for a long time myself, but once you start, there's just so much good stuff! I find that I now have as much home cc as I have CAS cc.
Thank you  :)  I have enjoyed looking for just the right things although it is amazing what you can do with the in-game wardrobes.

The separates don't always work with other items which is understandable considering how they're created. So much painstaking work by these creative people!

I'm not planning to keep them in my working folders but I'll tuck they away somewhere safe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 9: The Cowplant Ate My Ribbon
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2023, 11:34:21 AM »
The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 9: The Cowplant Ate My Ribbon

Previously in the Banwell household: Taranos gave up his Serial Romancing to wed and move in with orphaned Elle Scott. Hilda had her Big Happy Family and the Cowplant More-To-Mid was not cooperating. However Belle was Fabulously Wealthy and we moved to the More Tech Era.

Era: Start of More Tech
Family from L-to-R: Belle, Hilda, Cherry holding Henry, Chad, Imran, Matthew
More.Family.jpg
Umbrage Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek
Good Acoustics, Good Schools
Season: Winter (1/4)

Cherry: I’ve made a cake for your birthday, Pater, but can we keep it low-key? Imran’s father died today and he’s really sad. So is little Henry.
Hilda: I’ll make a round of drinks to celebrate. I need to practise for my culinary job anyway.
Chad: Ooh – ow! Happy Birthday to me. I’m just glad I get to work from home as a gardener. Lots of naps! Now, where’s little Henry. I’ll cheer him up.
Cherry: No cake for him, Pater! You know how sugar sends him crazy.

9.2.jpg

Chad: Who’s Grandad’s special boy?
Henry: Henwy?
Chad: Ooh – look what I found behind your ear!
Henry: Sweetie!
Chad: Sh. Don’t tell your mother.

9.3.jpg

Imran: I’m so glad I got back from my Athletics job before you blew out your candles. Happy Birthday, son.
Henry: Pfft
Chad: A formal dinner party’s not really the thing for a child’s birthday but, oh, look what Grandad’s found in his dinner jacket pocket.
Henry: Sweetie!
Imran: Just don’t tell your mother when she gets home from painting.

9.4.jpg

Henry: There are so many puzzles to choose from. I wonder if I can do this easy one.

9.5.jpg

Chad: Finally! You know you could have sped things up so I could work on being Long-Lived before I aged up.
Mid-To-More: Better late than never.

9.7.jpg

Chad: Are you sure this is safe, Watcher?
Watcher: I’m keeping an eye on your energy levels and you can go to bed straight after training. That’s why I put the running machine in your bedroom.
Chad: Yes, Hilda was unimpressed. She’s gone off in a huff to sleep in the tent outside.
Watcher: That’s because she’s having a mid-life crisis. Did you know she’s started breeding frogs as well?
Chad: As long as she doesn’t want another child…

9.8.jpg

Hilda: Workout machines in the bedroom. Slaving all day indoors when I love the outdoors lifestyle. I am stressed and definitely not happy. Maybe a cycle ride will cheer me up.
Watcher: I’m facilitating as many of your crises whims as I can. You really need to relax if you want to get that next promotion.

9.9.jpg

Chad: Well done, Cherry. I knew you’d enjoy fishing. I just need to get your mother doing it too. I’m sure that would help.
Cherry: Thanks, Pater. You’re the best.
Chad: What are you going to focus on now?
Cherry: I love my painting career but did you hear about the ancient ruins they’ve found in Selvadorada? Belle says she wants to go investigate. Don’t you think that sounds like an adventure?
Chad: It sure does.

9.10.jpg

Hilda: Blah Blah Blah. This new premier is so like the last one. What I want is to go and enjoy the outdoors. When are we leaving for Selvadorada.
Henry: Not until I’ve finished this cross-stitch.
Cherry: You can take it with you.
Matthew: Can’t we go this evening, Mater?
Cherry: You only want to go because you’ve not studied for your exams tomorrow, brother.
Matthew: Maybe! It’s not your call, anyway sis. What do you say, Mater?

9.11.jpg

Cherry: Oh yes, I love doing the Rhumbasim. The people here are so friendly. I’m already an expert in their culture.

9.12.jpg

Cherry: An early start and I need to clear these vines. Yes, I’m wearing heels and why not?

9.13.jpg

Cherry: I have no idea why I’m so flirty because I haven’t even got to the Falls but these flies are driving me mad. Maybe Pater’s Insect Repellent will help.

9.14.jpg

Cherry: With my Handiness…
Belle: And my Archaelogy…
Cherry: …this temple exploration is a piece of cake.
Belle: Cake? I’m hungry. Have you got any of that cheese stuff?

9.15.jpg

Hilda: Ah! That trip to the jungle was wonderful. I’m still having a mid-life crisis but I’m very happy to build a Snowpal with you Henry.
Henry: Thanks Granny.

9.16.jpg

Imran: Look at my pumpkin! Excellent and twice the size of anything else. My Chocolate pie is excellent too while the others are only Normal, including Taranos’ Fish Pie. I’m sure to win first this week.
Watcher: Or not!!!

9.17.jpg

Era: More Tech
Family from L-to-R: Henry, Belle, Imran, Chad, Hilda, Cherry, Matthew
9.family.jpg
Umbrage Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek

Progress
Qualifying Skills

1.   Logic by Cherry on week 9/Sun day 57
2.   Baking by Belle on week 9/Sun day 57
3.   Comedy by Chad on week 9/Mon day 58
4.   Piano by Belle on week 9/Tue day 59
5.   Selvadoradan Culture by Cherry on week 9/Thu day 61

Qualifying Aspirations
1.   Freelance Botanist by Chad on week 9/Tue day 59
2.     Renaissance Sim by Cherry on week 9/Wed day 60

Previous Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Founders:
Hilda
: Creative, Family-Oriented, Foodie +Loves Outdoors +Outgoing; Adult (10 days to Elder)
   Master Chef 3/4; Culinary Career 5/10; Mixology 9
Chad: Loves Outdoors, Romantic, Self-Assured +Family-Oriented; Elder (lived 110 days)
Bodybuilder 3/4; Botanist 6/10

Gen 2:
Cherry
: Creative, Foodie, Family-Oriented +Romantic Young Adult (0 Days to Adult)
   Jungle Explorer 2/4; Painter 6/10
Imran Watson: Animal Enthusiast, MaterialisticFreegan, Neat Adult (19 days to Elder), husband to Cherry)
   Country Caretaker 3/4; Career Bodybuilder 5/10
Belle: Good, Foodie, Unflirty Young Adult (19 days to Adult)
   Archaeology Scholar 1/4; Musician 5/10; Archaeology 8, Writing 4
Matthew: Wiggly/Inquisitive Self-Assured, Neat Teen (12 days to YA)
   Musical Genius 2/4

Gen 3:
Henry
: Sunny/Charmer Neat Child (8 days to Teen)

Notes

I left the box of cross-stitch out because I couldn’t decide who was going to work on it. I didn’t realise they would all take it up, almost obsessively. I have hidden it away in the inventory now.

It’s going to be impossible not to max some extra skills that will not be counted during this era. I should have planned things a little better. Hopefully there will be plenty left for the High Tech Era. Selvadoradan skill is only 5 levels so part of me doesn’t want to count it.

The elusive win at Henford’s Fair – no the cowplant didn’t really eat the ribbon but Imran is feeling hard done by. I was sure that pumpkin would win! Next week is Llama and wool. Looks like our household is getting a llama!

***This will be the last update for a few weeks as I'll be afk. I'll still be able to read and comment on the forum but no updates. The Banwell Household will go into hibernation and dream of distant travels.***

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 9: The Cowplant Ate My Ribbon (4-Oct)
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2023, 07:14:43 PM »
The Banwells have made such excellent progress already in the More Tech Era!
The Finchwick Fair judging can be so random!
Good luck to Imran on earning his first-place ribbon.

Warmest wishes to you, Judi, on your travels!
Safe travels and happy trails!  <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2023, 02:38:05 PM »
It feels lonely logging into the forum and not finding a Granny Lawlor update.  T_T

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2023, 02:49:30 AM »
It feels lonely logging into the forum and not finding a Granny Lawlor update.  T_T
Ah, but just think of all the aboriginal inspiration I'm gaining from our travels!
(Posting from Ulhuru)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Great update - I also struggled with getting wins at the fair - it seems so random.

It sounds like you are having a lovely trip! Can't wait to see how it all inspires your stories to come.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2023, 02:19:03 PM »
Great update - I also struggled with getting wins at the fair - it seems so random.

It sounds like you are having a lovely trip! Can't wait to see how it all inspires your stories to come.
The ribbons are a nightmare but I'm sure we'll get one by Christmas,  lol!

(Posting from Christchurch, NZ)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 10: Llama Dama Ding Dong
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2023, 06:14:38 AM »
The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 10: Llama Dama Ding Dong

Previously at Banwell Manor: Chad became an Elder and then a Freelance Botanist. Everyone got a job, including Matthew and Henry who joined Scouts. Cherry became a Renaissance Sim and went off to explore the jungle with Belle.

Family from L-to-R: Henry, Belle, Imran, Chad, Hilda, Cherry, Matthew
9.family.jpg
Banwell Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek

Henry: Ow Ow Ow!
Watcher: Oh yes, you had that wobbly tooth before I left.
Henry: And put it under my pillow for the Tooth Fairy. Where have you been?
Watcher: Travelling down under – Singapore, Australia, New Zealand – it was great!
Henry: Well we were just fine without you. Let me tell you what we got up to.

10.1.jpg

Henry: Do you remember that the Finchwick Fair stiffed Dad on the giant vegetable first place ribbon? Well, the next fair is for llamas and llama wool. So – meet Dama Ding Dong. Dad’s so obsessed that he’ll pet him in his swim trunks. The pool stays warm in Winter because we’ve got geo-thermal heating but I was amazed Dad didn’t freeze to death.

10.2.jpg

Henry: We all like petting the animals. This rabbit came to live with us soon after we made friends with some rabbits in Henford. Sometimes it gives us treats for Dama Ding Dong so we can get fun-coloured wool.

10.3.jpg

Henry: Mum celebrated her adult birthday. If she’s going to give me a baby brother or sister, she’d better get on with it. She’s so old now!
Watcher: Hey – show some respect. She’s got plenty of time.
Henry: But Dad hasn’t. He’s really ancient!

10.4.jpg

Henry: Of course, Dad isn’t as old as Gramps. He’s trying to get fit but we all keep an eye on him so he doesn’t get too tired.

10.5.jpg

Henry: Granny Cherry was struggling with some mid-life crises and was going to her bartending job in a bad mood. She invited her co-workers round to see if they’d help with her promotion but they’re really old too! I hope they help before they pop their clogs!

10.6.jpg

Henry: I worked hard on my schoolwork. I’m acing it so I’m sure to go straight in at grade B in High School. My birthday’s on Sunday, you know.
Watcher: I haven’t forgotten.

10.7.jpg

Henry: Gramps got too tired and had to have a nap on the couch. He said it was a siesta but he’s fooling no-one. Uncle Matthew thinks Dad should do the Bodybuilder after he’s got Country Caretaker because he’s doing that career anyway.  But Mum explained that Gramps would be safer for longer if he does it. Is that right?
Watcher: Yes. If your Gramps becomes long-lived and we get to the High-Tech era, I think he’ll be with us right up to the finishing line.
Henry: Oh.

10.8.jpg

Henry: Saturday came and Dad gave Dama Ding Dong the red treat. Look at him! What an amazing colour.

10.10.jpg

Henry: Dad tried to bribe the mayor while I wasn’t looking but she wouldn’t accept. He spent some time being friendly with her but, let’s face it. That plain white llama had no chance against Dama Ding Dong.

10.11.jpg

Henry: So, right at the end of the Finchwick Fair, the mayor awarded the first place to our amazing Llama Dama Ding Dong and Dad finally got to be a Country Caretaker. I’m so glad I stayed up late to see that. Uncle Matthew was less impressed to miss his Prom but he’s got at least 1 more he can attend and I'll be there too!

10.13.jpg

Family from L-to-R: Henry, Belle, Hilda, Chad, Cherry, Imran, Matthew
10.family.jpg
Banwell Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek
Season: Winter (2/4)

Progress
Qualifying Skills 5/5

1.   Logic by Cherry on week 9/Sun day 57
2.   Baking by Belle on week 9/Sun day 57
3.   Comedy by Chad on week 9/Mon day 58
4.   Piano by Belle on week 9/Tue day 59
5.   Selvadoradan Culture by Cherry on week 9/Thu day 61

Qualifying Aspirations 3/5
1.   Freelance Botanist by Chad on week 9/Tue day 59
2.   Renaissance Sim by Cherry on week 9/Wed day 60
3.   Country Caretaker by Imran on week 10/Sat day 70

Qualifying Careers 0/5

Previous Progress:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Founders:
Hilda
: Creative, Family-Oriented, Foodie +Loves Outdoors +Outgoing; Adult (3 days to Elder)
   Master Chef 3/4; Culinary: Mixologist 6/10
Chad: Loves Outdoors, Romantic, Self-Assured +Family-Oriented; Elder (lived 117 days)
Bodybuilder 3/4; Gardener: Botanist 9/10

Gen 2:
Cherry
: Creative, Foodie, Family-Oriented +Romantic Adult (35 Days to Elder)
   Jungle Explorer 2/4; Painter: Master of the Real 8/10
Imran Watson: Animal Enthusiast, MaterialisticFreegan, Neat Adult (4 days to Elder), husband to Cherry)
   Country Caretaker 4/4; Athlete: Bodybuilder 7/10
Belle: Good, Foodie, Unflirty Young Adult (12 days to Adult)
   Archaeology Scholar 1/4; Musician 8/10
Matthew: Wiggly/Inquisitive Self-Assured, Neat Teen (5 days to YA)
   Musical Genius 3/4

Gen 3:
Henry
: Sunny/Charmer Neat Child (1 days to Teen)

Notes

Juggling the 2 remaining aspirations with the 5 careers so that I don’t “waste” any (if they get completed in this Era, they won’t count towards the next) is tricky. I think Imran could complete Mansion Baron almost immediately but I really want Chad to complete his Bodybuilder soon. Hilda will complete Master Chef very soon and get the Mixology one as she completes her career. Selvadorada aspirations will have to wait.  It’s not a big problem as there’re a lot more aspiration options in the High Tech era but it feels inefficient.

I actually played this episode before I went on our travels but didn’t have time to write it up. We only got back yesterday and I’m a bit dopey from jetlag so apologies if this episode is disjointed. I wanted to get it done before I played any more. I’ve really missed my Sim family.

Our 6-week trip to the other side of the world was amazing – we usually stay in the UK – and I’m so excited that some of the cultures we experienced will be in the new expansion pack - For Rent. I am very glad to be home, in my own bed and able to see friends and family. Travelling is such a wonderful privilege but there really is no place like home.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Banwell SimTech Dynasty Week 10: Llama Dama Ding Dong(20-Nov-23)
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2023, 06:41:45 PM »
Congrats to imran on completing Country Caretaker!
Watcher, do you give your animals the Party Treat before a fair so they'll be Very Happy?
My sims almost always get First Place, except for the Pie Competition.  Stupid pies!

Welcome back to your home.  When you say you missed your sims family, you mean us as well, I hope. :D
May you soon recover from the time difference!

anything