Author Topic: 2023 Challenge Tournament Simology Finale  (Read 7380 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 2023 Challenge Tournament Simology Finale
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2023, 01:34:00 PM »
just wanted to double-check something - can we get the Fabulous 15 Bonus without getting the Perfect 10 Bonus?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 02:27:13 PM »
just wanted to double-check something - can we get the Fabulous 15 Bonus without getting the Perfect 10 Bonus?

Yes, good question. The bottom line is both are optional, so you can choose to do both or neither, or just one. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2023, 11:13:33 AM »
Well, it took me some time, but I finally finished with 314 points.  It was a lot of fun, although things certainly got a little chaotic at times.  I can't wait to see the scores from the players who are really good at these challenges, and to hear how they went at it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2023, 01:27:34 PM »
Well, it took me some time, but I finally finished with 314 points.  It was a lot of fun, although things certainly got a little chaotic at times.  I can't wait to see the scores from the players who are really good at these challenges, and to hear how they went at it.

I am so glad you posted a score early because the team and I are kind of wondering what score would qualify the Dynasty players to get into the Hall of Fame. At the moment, I tossed out a number of 1000. Dynasty players will be able to go longer than 5 weeks, so their scores will be higher but I guess we shall see if 1000 is a good ballpark to shoot for. I'm glad you had fun, Nelleam. Thanks for your participation this season.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »
Hi ! I think there is something I didn't understand in the rules.
How is it possible to score 1000 points,even with more than 5 weeks of playing?

I counted that if we get all the traits and all the milestones listed on the spreadsheet, it will make 709 points.
Even with very high value museum items it seems impossible to me to get 1000 points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2023, 08:03:26 AM »
Hi ! I think there is something I didn't understand in the rules.
How is it possible to score 1000 points,even with more than 5 weeks of playing?

I counted that if we get all the traits and all the milestones listed on the spreadsheet, it will make 709 points.
Even with very high value museum items it seems impossible to me to get 1000 points.

For the Dynasty, the team is debating adding a final museum as well. So, there would be a starting museum and a final museum. More points are possible. But you may be right. 1000 points to get into the HOF might be out of reach. 500 points might be more realistic. We shall see as more scores come in for the Finale.

EDIT: So, I came up with a total of 308 possible points for traits and 399 for milestones. That makes 707. You say it is 709 possible, so maybe one of us missed a couple. Add in 25 points, assuming one got both bonuses. Now we can be generous and assume for round number purposes, you add 15 museum items, all worth 20k each. 300k / 1500 = 200 more points. So, we're still not at 1000. Yeah, 500 to get into the HOF sounds like a much better number. But we shall see what kind of numbers come in over the next couple of weeks.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2023, 04:58:12 PM »
Oh, my gosh! Where has the time gone? Can you believe this season and the Finale ends a week from tomorrow? I can't. It's been a busy season. So, if you have not started your file, now is the time to do so. Remember two important things -- the Finale is worth triple points, so there's a real possibility of players making big jumps on the leaderboard. The other thing to remember is if time gets away from you and you cannot play all five Sim weeks, that's okay. Just post your score anyway.

Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2023, 07:44:36 PM »
Where do the milestones show up?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2023, 08:10:32 PM »
Where do the milestones show up?

Hey, Cynthia. They are listed along with traits in the Simology tab at the bottom right of the UI.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2023, 05:01:30 AM »
EDIT: So, I came up with a total of 308 possible points for traits and 399 for milestones. That makes 707. You say it is 709 possible, so maybe one of us missed a couple. Add in 25 points, assuming one got both bonuses. Now we can be generous and assume for round number purposes, you add 15 museum items, all worth 20k each. 300k / 1500 = 200 more points. So, we're still not at 1000.

Maybe I was wrong when I counted , I did this quite quickly  ;)
Moreover, we lost 15 points every time a sim dies or move out, which lowers the score too.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2023, 07:30:36 AM »
EDIT: So, I came up with a total of 308 possible points for traits and 399 for milestones. That makes 707. You say it is 709 possible, so maybe one of us missed a couple. Add in 25 points, assuming one got both bonuses. Now we can be generous and assume for round number purposes, you add 15 museum items, all worth 20k each. 300k / 1500 = 200 more points. So, we're still not at 1000.

Maybe I was wrong when I counted , I did this quite quickly  ;)
Moreover, we lost 15 points every time a sim dies or move out, which lowers the score too.

The team changed the HOF requirement to 500 points, so it should be doable, especially given there will actually be a 2nd museum that Dynasty players can begin at the start of week 6.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2023, 10:02:13 AM »
Hello there!

Just a little question: if 2 sims find the same collectible, is it ok that they both present this collectible at the museum?
I mean, may the museum have 2 identical items?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2023, 10:47:20 AM »
Hello there!

Just a little question: if 2 sims find the same collectible, is it ok that they both present this collectible at the museum?
I mean, may the museum have 2 identical items?

Hi, Elinoee. Yes, you're fine with duplicate items. From the rules....

Museum Points - This is another optional bonus with restrictions. The spreadsheet will have a separate box for you to list a maximum of 15 placeable items, either earned, created, or collected. Enter the value of each item, and the spreadsheet will then calculate the number of points the museum adds to your total. There can be overlap in the items submitted (i.e., you may offer more than one book or painting), but any given household member can only place one museum item. Each item must be the sole responsibility of one Sim (no helping from others).

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2023, 11:13:36 AM »
OK, thank you!
I was not sure I understood it correctly.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »
My little group of sims ended up with 583 points.

What a great adventure! Many things I did in game for the first time  :)
It's nice that we can continue it with the dynasty!

anything