Author Topic: 2023 Challenge Tournament Simology Finale  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 2023 Challenge Tournament Simology Finale
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2023, 11:28:40 AM »
As of now, everything counts. The starting traits of your founders would not count towards Perfect 10 and Fabulous 15 bonuses. Those only happen after you start Live mode. But, we can change it to where no inherent traits of any household Sim would count. We're trying to go with as few rules as possible. And remember, you are hit with a penalty when you move someone out.

ah it's all clearer now, thank you. It does make more sense to have the rules as is.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 09:04:54 AM »
Hey, everyone. Please take a final look at the rule set, given it goes live on Monday. The team will be very reluctant to make changes after that point.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »
I don't understand why 15 museum items are allowed, each one contributed by one household member. It seems to me that with 8 household slots, you would have 7 Sims either move out or die, resulting in -105 points. And with the museum value being divided by 1500, each of the Sims who moved out would have to contribute something worth 22,500 Simoleons to counteract their departure penalty. Or am I missing something?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2023, 02:17:23 PM »
A second question -- if you move a Sim out, do you still count their traits and milestones?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
I don't understand why 15 museum items are allowed, each one contributed by one household member. It seems to me that with 8 household slots, you would have 7 Sims either move out or die, resulting in -105 points. And with the museum value being divided by 1500, each of the Sims who moved out would have to contribute something worth 22,500 Simoleons to counteract their departure penalty. Or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing something. ;) And I am not saying what, given it is strategy.

A second question -- if you move a Sim out, do you still count their traits and milestones?

Yes.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 10:13:19 AM »
Added a clarification to the following...

Any household death or a Sim moving out hits you with a 15-point penalty. Multiple deaths of a single Sim receive the same penalty for each different type of death.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 05:19:39 PM »
The new chef pack is not allowed, given it was just released...

• Home Chef Hustle is not allowed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2023, 08:14:39 AM »
Fears and phases (for children / teens) are shown with the traits, but don't 'feel' like traits to me.
Do these count as traits?
And if so, do the points still count when the fear or phase is over?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 09:37:16 AM »
Fears and phases (for children / teens) are shown with the traits, but don't 'feel' like traits to me.

They are temporary so I understand why you feel they are not real traits but are listed on the Wiki in the traits section. I guess my feeling is...the more, the better. More options to score for players. I let the team know about your post, and if they feel differently will voice their opinion.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 02:44:28 PM »
Do horses and dog/cats deaths or moving out count -15 points too?

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 02:48:08 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying this challenge.

Regarding the above comments, are we allowed to play with wants and fears on?  When I set my gameplay options back to defaults it switches them off.  I know environment and pack settings are players' choice, but I thought the gameplay tab had to be all default settings.  It always throws me a bit because when I'm not playing a challenge I typically play with wants and fears, and the traditional social menu on.

Thanks for all the work you folks have put into this and the other challenges this year.  I've had a lot of fun with quite a few of them, even though I didn't get to play most of them in time to participate in the official challenge.  I really like that you keep all the old challenges up so people can try them just for fun.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 03:03:06 PM »
Do horses and dog/cats deaths or moving out count -15 points too?

No.

EDIT: I clarified the wording in the rules to state it's the household Sims that will hit you with a penalty.

I'm looking forward to trying this challenge.

Regarding the above comments, are we allowed to play with wants and fears on?  When I set my gameplay options back to defaults it switches them off.  I know environment and pack settings are players' choice, but I thought the gameplay tab had to be all default settings.  It always throws me a bit because when I'm not playing a challenge I typically play with wants and fears, and the traditional social menu on.

Go ahead and turn on Wants and Fears.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2023, 03:45:01 PM »

They are temporary so I understand why you feel they are not real traits but are listed on the Wiki in the traits section. I guess my feeling is...the more, the better. More options to score for players. I let the team know about your post, and if they feel differently will voice their opinion.

If they can be counted, please add them to the spreadsheet.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2023, 06:53:49 PM »

I let the spreadsheet gurus know. :) This tip is for everyone -- write down your traits and milestones. Keep a notebook handy while you are playing. The spreadsheet should be 99% current, but with patches, etc., you never know. If everything is written down, you can add things when the spreadsheet updates.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2023, 06:58:49 AM »

I let the spreadsheet gurus know. :) This tip is for everyone -- write down your traits and milestones. Keep a notebook handy while you are playing. The spreadsheet should be 99% current, but with patches, etc., you never know. If everything is written down, you can add things when the spreadsheet updates.

Spreadsheet has been updated. Please let us know if you find any duplications or anything missing. Have fun everyone!

anything