Author Topic: Party Time!  (Read 4408 times)

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
Re: Party Time!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023, 07:58:00 PM »
I was only able to play for one Sim week before I ran out of time. I was really having a good time with this.

20 gold parties (.60) + 6 silver parties (.12) + 2 bronze parties (.02), so a multiplier of 1.74

Score: 58645 * 1.74 = 102042

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2023, 08:47:21 PM »
Made it to Saturday morning of Week 1 before my cat decided that she needed more attention than my partying Sims  :)

Marty Party & Sasha Socialite held 48 Gold parties and 1 Silver party for a multiplier of 2.46 and had §173,883. Total score: §427,752

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2023, 02:11:14 AM »
Everyone was very relieved to be allowed to go home and take a shower after Vanessa and Xander Roman's parties finally ended.

114 gold medals, 2 silver and 3 bronze for a multiplier of 4.40 with household funds of §675,938 for a total sore of §3,034,961.62.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2023, 06:13:22 AM »
This challenge is now closed. Great job to Elinoee on her win. Wow. What a crazy score...that multiplier! I can't wait to find out how in the heck she could pull off so many parties every day. Hats off to team member @sone for putting this one together and a very solid 11th hour effort himself.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2023, 12:29:29 PM »
I really didn't think it would be possible to throw so much parties! So here is my strategy:

My sims started out already married, so they could do the flirty interactions sometimes requested during the holidays easily.
They had the following traits:
-Sim #1 (responsible for organizing parties and leader of the group): outgoing, party animal, insider, party animal aspiration
-Sim #2 (bar manager): creative, party animal, outgoing, mixologist aspiration

I put as lot traits: homey, convivial, party place.
My sims created a club with cheerful / outgoing / dancing machine sims and got the “rally the troops” and “good reputation” rewards, the friendship, funny and flirting bonuses and the playful /happy/inspired and  romantic buffs rewards that I used according to my needs for the different parties.
The guests were always the members of the group (along with a few other sims).

My sim #1 completed the “party animal” aspiration as quickly as possible to get the reward trait that allows you to start all parties at bronze level.
From there, I was able to organize around twenty parties per day (up to 25 on several days) because we only have to achieve the main objective to get the gold level. For example, “calling guests to the table” for a dinner party, or chatting 10 times for a private party, etc.

While my sim #1 was in charge of organizing the parties, my sim #2 was participating and also making money with the mixology skill.
He prepared the most expensive drinks possible again and again, in order to sell them.

After having tried several kinds of parties (but always, every 5 parties, the "incognito costume party" because the rewards are really big, from D6 (when my sim 1 finished his aspiration) I only kept the following 5 parties because they were the ones whose main objectives were the quickest to achieve:
-slumber party: sometimes (about once in 3), the main objective “go to bed” is achievable from the start of the party, so the gold level is achieved in a single interaction. Other times it takes a little longer but can still be done quickly.
-private party: 10 interactions with guests to earn gold
-dinner: just call guests to dinner to get gold in a single interaction, that is really the quickest party to win
-baby shower: 6 baby talks with guests
-incognito costume party: 12 discussions about costumes

On D1 I had 4 gold parties and one silver; on D2 5 gold; on D3 6 gold and one silver; on D4 10 gold (from the end of D4 I already had a bonus for the parties without having completed the aspiration, I think it was due to a club advantage but I'm not sure); at D5 13 gold; and from D6, aspiration completed and between 20 and 25 gold level parties each day.

Thta was a fun challenge but really long to achieve! I learned a lot about parties  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2023, 12:44:48 PM »
Thta was a fun challenge but really long to achieve! I learned a lot about parties  :)

Not as much as I just learned from reading your write-up I am guessing. Well done. Great stuff and congrats again.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2023, 03:39:16 PM »
Thank you Metro  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2023, 05:59:49 PM »
great strategy and write up Elinoee.

The boost you got to parties might have been due to positive reputation - I think that can give the same bonus as the aspiration reward.

Offline mismck

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2023, 07:01:18 AM »
great strategy and write up Elinoee.

The boost you got to parties might have been due to positive reputation - I think that can give the same bonus as the aspiration reward.

Reputation definitely plays a huge part!

Offline mesim

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2023, 10:37:00 AM »
That is a very impressive score! It sounds like your Sims are very good at throwing parties.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 10:47:28 AM »
That is a very impressive score! It sounds like your Sims are very good at throwing parties.

Welcome to the forum, @mesim. Jump in the Finale, which starts on Monday if you have time.

Offline mesim

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2023, 10:51:38 AM »
Thanks for greeting) ;)