Author Topic: Sims 3 Launcher Says No Packages to Install.  (Read 1969 times)

Offline SimWatcherRaven

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Launcher Says No Packages to Install.
« on: August 26, 2023, 10:43:40 PM »
I'm trying to download some of the sims LivvieLove uploaded from her reaper story. This is just for playing in my game. I was able to download Ezran Reaper and get him properly installed. However, for Emrin, Noten, and Atrox, the installer tells me that there are no packages to install. And when I go into my game, they are not in the Sim Bin and I cannot find them anywhere. I am updated to the last patch EA released for the Sims 3. I did delete those 3 from the downloads folder and re-downloaded them to see if that fixed the problem. It did not. I don't know what I am doing wrong or how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached pictures of the message that it gives me as well as the file pathing to where the download was placed, in case that information can help someone with more knowledge than me.

File Pathing.jpg

File Pathing.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Launcher Says No Packages to Install.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 12:43:17 AM »
When you see the No packages to install message, it means the EA App is interfering with the install of the Sims3Pack file from what I understand.

See this thread from answers.ea for more details -

Sims 3 Launcher "There are no packages to install"
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Launcher-quot-There-are-no-packages-to-install-quot/m-p/11946593#M252702

--- Quote: MichaelS1990 ---
Go to settings in the upper left of the EA App.

Then go to "Application".

I changed two settings under here.

1: Under "Notifications", chose "none" from the drop down list for "when I'm in a game".

2: Also disable the "in-game overlay".

The launcher should be able to uninstall/install sims3packs again! ---

----

Turn Off In-Game Overlay:
Click Menu (☰) up top left > Settings > Application > In-Game Overlay

Turn Off Notifications:
Click Menu (☰) up top left > Settings > Application > Notifications for while in-game

✽ It seems you cannot really turn off notifications, or at least when I tried it didn't allow me to do so. As I looked at it again after checking some other settings and the notifications were all check marked again.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimWatcherRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 01:38:11 AM »
Thank you! I will try that tomorrow.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 01:57:15 AM »
You're welcome!!

I don't know if this will work for those using the EA App, but wanted to share anyway, just in case it does help.

When I download .Sims3Packs I do so to a temporary folder on my desktop, and either double-click them to install automatically.  Or if there's more than one, then copy them to the Sims 3 downloads folder (C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads)

Open the Sims 3 launcher, go to the downloads tab and select both files and install. Look in the Installed Content tab to see what was installed.

That seems to help. However, I am using the disc version of Sims 3. Downloading and installing .Sims3Pack files seem to work slightly different with the disc version for some reason.

Edited to Add:  This does not work for players using the EA App, most likely due to the miss-communication going on between the EA App and the Sims 3 launcher.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline SimWatcherRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 12:31:49 PM »
Not sure what it is about the overlay setting, but I turned it off an then it worked. Thanks so much for the help. I'm going to go have fun with my newly downloaded Sims.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 01:50:10 PM »
You're welcome!!